We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duster72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34316 1 year ago

I want a Brian Eddy designed Disney's Jungle Cruise machine. It could be a great spiritual successor to MM with tons of puns and dad jokes. You could probably get a bunch of former skippers to help write jokes.

3 weeks later
#34712 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Folks mentioning band pins, but with how poorly Rush and LZ seem to have done do they really want to risk it? As for why those two seem to just sit around in stock and unsold at distros while Maiden keeps selling out each time without problem?

Rush is a good game that doesn't have mainstream appeal. LZ feels like an empty box. People are buying IM for the great game, not the theme.

3 weeks later
#35116 1 year ago

Stern needs the hobby to grow because most people only have space for a couple machines. Most current enthusiasts are already at their limit in terms of space, so they have to sell a machine to buy a new one. Stern needs more people and operators who want to buy machines. Insider Connected is squarely targeted at a younger audience - people who love the achievement system that Xbox pioneered. I wouldn't expect many more geriatric themes. That market is saturated. The growth segment has to be people in their 30s and 40s.

FWIW my teenagers like pinball. When we go to places with a lot of machines they always play fun themes. TS4, STH, BM66, GB, TAF, etc. They will play something like TOTAN if I suggest it to them but they always go back to themes that they like over "good" games.

Mario/Pokemon/Zelda would be the best theme Stern could produce. Gomez was talking about Spike 3 and a new lower cabinet design. Any of those titles would be an ideal theme for that new system/cabinet combination. They could increase price $2000 and sell out day one.

#35241 1 year ago

All the conversation about music pins made me curious about the data versus opinions. I started looking at album sales of Foo Fighters versus Black Sabbath but it's apples and oranges considering that people don't buy albums anymore, so I looked at Spotify data. Obviously, that would skew towards a younger band, so that's not fair either. But I went ahead and highlighted the artists that have machines in red, artists that have been rumored in green, and artists that have come up in the last week or so in this thread in purple.

Personally I would buy either Foo Fighters or Black Sabbath if they were as well done as Rush. I still don't really understand why Stern would choose to make a Venom machine but if it's Brian Eddy with Ozzy music then I will definitely put my order in.

Spotify Pinball (resized).jpgSpotify Pinball (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#35592 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

What if...Foo Fighters is code for a Bee Gees pin

Or the Multiball mode is the Dee Gees.

8 months later
#42107 5 months ago

Seems pretty obvious what they will do with Pokemon. Pro will be themed to a color, premium will be themed to a color, LE will be themed to at least one color. Red/Blue/Yellow/Green seem most likely. Probably make Red and Yellow LEs for Pikachu and Charizard. I could also see something like diamond and pearl SLEs that would have two of those sets of pokemon in them, like red and blue or yellow and green.

Each machine will have about 80 pokemon to collect with 20 being unique to that trim level. So if you want them all you are going to have to either find a location with every trim level or drive around to multiple locations. You will have to catch them by winning battles. The more you play the higher your XP, the easier they are to catch. They will probably allow you to choose your own Pokemon to fight like the venom team-ups and each pokemon will effect the battles pretty significantly. You will be able to manage your pokemon collection via the new Stern App. There will probably be some that you can only encounter by doing difficult combos and then having some RNG luck. You will get a badge for collecting all the pokemon of each type. I could see a location specific leaderboard for who has collected the most pokemon today/this week/this month/this year.

This satisfies a lot of Stern's goals. 1) Get more younger people playing, 2) Entice operators to buy more than one machine per location, 3) enter new types of locations (card shops, record stores, hipster places), 4) Increase replayability - some of these pokemon will have a 1% drop rate and be very difficult to capture. People will just keep pumping money into the machines and eventually consider buying one for their house.

I came up with all of that in about 15 minutes of thinking about it. I would assume Stern would think about it a lot more.

I am assuming that Venom is the proof of concept for all of this. Go play Venom with this in mind and it all makes sense.

3 months later
#45530 57 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It just doesn't make sense to me that Pokémon or any other game that is exclusive to Nintendo systems would come before Mario.

The licensing is different. Google it.

1 week later
#45646 50 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Looking forward to a bunch of these titles but still depends how they play. Felt a bit underwhelmed by Jaws, feels like it needs to be in a quieter environment to experience the story and suspense building.

If you can't hear Jaws you are missing a lot of the game. The music and callouts are used with hurry-ups to build tension in a very unique way.

#45683 48 days ago

Easy Buy:
Pokemon
Metallica

Very interested:
John Wick
X-Men '97 (only if it's Elwin)
Muppets
Harry Potter
MMR
Williams Indy Remake

Only if it looks like a great layout:
Stern Indy
Whitewater 2
Gremlins

Everything else looks like a pass to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,100 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duster72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=duster72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.