kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 917 of 943.
#45801 39 days ago

DOn’t think Borg is next, we’ll know next month though.

#45802 39 days ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

John Wick? If we are spending the money to get Keanu’s likeness (and I hope we are), it should be for the Matrix or Cyberpunk 2077. A Cyberpunk pinball doesn’t need Johnny but it would be cool. I would also take a Bill and Ted pin.

Matrix is JJP. A 2024 release. Later in the year is more likely. Expo?

#45803 39 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

This is where everyone should feel they are winning, our choices today for NiB:
GZ
JP
STH
PF
Princess Bride
GF
EJ
GTF
CCR
EHOH
Scooby
Looney tunes
Texas chainsaw
Bond
Just to name some of what you can get today- VS twenty years ago (shudder):
T3
LOTR
Monopoly
TSPP
NoS bwms if you are lucky.

One major difference being that I could have bought all of those 20yr old Stern games for the price of one of the higher end modern titles.

#45804 39 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Or Office Space.
Red stapler bash toy. Or copy machine bash toy.

TPS cover sheet drop targets
Burn this place to the ground Wizard Mode!

#45805 39 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

One major difference being that I could have bought all of those 20yr old Stern games for the price of one of the higher end modern titles.

You have to adjust for inflation. All those old titles are about the price of a current Pro, price adjusted into 2024 dollars. So you'd get about two, similar to now. They'd just be more mech-heavy.

#45806 39 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to adjust for inflation. All those old titles are about the price of a current Pro, price adjusted into 2024 dollars. So you'd get about two, similar to now. They'd just be more mech-heavy.

TSPP was $4,795 msrp.
Inflation calculator says that about $7,900 now.
That's actually more inflation than I had expected but yeah, the main difference being moving parts. Simpsons was packed with mechs. Also DMD were a lot more expensive then the cheap LCDs used now.

#45807 39 days ago

When Pokémon

#45808 39 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

TSPP was $4,795 msrp.
Also DMD were a lot more expensive then the cheap LCDs used now.

The LCD may be cheap, but the team of people doing the artwork and animation content for the LCD isn't cheap.

#45809 39 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The LCD may be cheap, but the team of people doing the artwork and animation content for the LCD isn't cheap.

DMD animations just appear from nowhere?

#45810 39 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

DMD animations just appear from nowhere?

Of course not, but the level of effort is much less. Stern hired a bunch of people from the video game industry when they switched to LCD.

#45811 39 days ago

You also need to relate it to what else you could get in the entertainment sector as a whole for $4,800, which made this machine seem expensive compared to how you could stretch a well spent $2k back then.

#45812 39 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also licensing LCD content and needing enough system performance to play it with multiple videos in memory ready to go

The Whitestar system was still basically late 80s technology

The LCD is one of the biggest drivers of cost in modern pinball

#45813 39 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hello? American Pinball proving this wrong.

Of course it LOOKS incredibly cheap and boring, but they ARE doing it.

#45814 39 days ago

Winter most likely. Two games ahead of it from what I hear.

#45815 39 days ago

What order does stern game makes? Pro I know is first, but then is it LE or Premium?

#45816 39 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

What order does stern game makes? Pro I know is first, but then is it LE or Premium?

Small location-centric Pro run, then LE, then Prem, then bigger Pro run. Although parts issues can move Prem up like we saw with JAWS after only some of the LEs were made.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45817 38 days ago

I am super interested in a John Wick LE if anyone knows any distributors selling them? I want to get on the list before they sell out all 1000 of them
John Wick. (resized).jpgJohn Wick. (resized).jpgLarry palm.gifLarry palm.gifSTTNG face palm infinity.gifSTTNG face palm infinity.gif

#45818 38 days ago

Keanu is about to be giving heavy hitters like Arnold a run for their money on pinball appearances soon.

Johnny Mnemonic
BSD
John Wick
Matrix
Does TS4 count?
Will we ever get the wished for Bill and Ted game?

#45819 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Johnny Mnemonic
BSD.
John Wick
Matrix
Does TS4 count?

-Worst game in all of pinball with slow novelty glove-horrid
-Mey does not really count he was put in movie to add laid back presence-a side figure if you will
-Shoot em up got old after first film
-Never made into a real machine-and not sure if still relevant today?
-No it does not
-Serious? They would sell like maybe a couple hundred-that franchise is stale as day old toast

Like Whoa!
Whoa (resized).jpgWhoa (resized).jpg

#45820 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Keanu is about to be giving heavy hitters like Arnold a run for their money on pinball appearances soon.
Johnny Mnemonic
BSD
John Wick
Matrix
Does TS4 count?

I forgot about TS4. He really is rocketing to the top of celebrities on pins. Five timers club membership coming

#45821 38 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Mey does not really count he was put in movie to add laid back presence-a side figure if you will
-Shoot em up got old after first film
-Never made into a real machine-and not sure if still relevant today?
-No it does not
-Serious? They would sell like maybe a couple hundred-that franchise is stale as day old toast
Like Whoa!
[quoted image]

JM is far from the worst game in pinball lmao
OK, so?
I agree the 1st john wick is easily the best and the rest are skippable
Matrix is coming, thats why I mentioned it. Very relevant today. No, I was not talking about the fancy "homebrew" JM matrix
Fine...I guess.
Bill and Ted would probably outsell john wick, yet here we are.

Unfortunately, ignoring the fact that most of your opinions here are mostly out of touch with reality, it doesn't change the fact that Keanu is in these games (arguably TS4, and assuming the matrix), which is all I said. Thanks for playing

Edit- decided not to leave this without a hot take: Bogus Journey > Excellent Adventure. Fight me
(Also I never saw the 3rd one)

#45822 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Edit- decided not to leave this without a hot take: Bogus Journey > Excellent Adventure. Fight me

%100

Twister with death is why.

#45823 38 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

... death is why.

"Best 3 out if 5?"
"Damn Right!"

#45824 38 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Best 3 out if 5?"
"Damn Right!"

"You ave sank my battlesheep"

#45825 38 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Best 3 out if 5?"
"Damn Right!"

haha the way Bill gets frustrated when he says that is classic.

#45826 38 days ago

I was thinking about the new Metallica rumors and some people wanting a Ghostbusters vault (or other vaults)

I wonder if Stern is even interested in re-running any non Stern Insider Connected games at this point. Their putting a lot of resources into that initiative, so it doesn't seem worthwhile to make any games that aren't on that platform. I wouldn't be surprised if Metallica is a rehash of the original with a LCD emulating dots and interface adjustments for Stern IC.

#45827 38 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

^^^All of this, + while on the topic of the 4th of July, I would go for an Independence Day remake! (Actually would!!!)

I just picked up a Sega Independence day and its surprisingly fun. Would make a great modern pin.

#45828 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

"You ave sank my battlesheep"

Quoted from ExSquid:

haha the way Bill gets frustrated when he says that is classic.

I was an usher at the movie theatre when that was out. We'd all head there when that scene came on. Watched it like 4 times shift; all time classic

#45829 38 days ago

Will Stern be dropping the next cornerstone in April?

#45830 38 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It does, however, have one of the best Midnight Madness modes.

#45831 38 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Will Stern be dropping the next cornerstone in April?

Hope so Jaws is not a theme im into all thou the game plays fantastic I want to see whats next.

#45832 38 days ago

If John Wick it’s real, I believe we have to say good bye to that dream my friend. I heard Pokemon was a code name for Wick sadly…

…I wish that’s just a rumor and we get to see Pokemon Pinball. It all started for me then actually

IMG_0057 (resized).jpegIMG_0057 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45834 38 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

If John Wick it’s real, I believe we have to say good bye to that dream my friend. I heard Pokemon was a code name for Wick sadly…
…I wish that’s just a rumor and we get to see Pokemon Pinball. It all started for me then actually
[quoted image]

Played that game for hours on end myself. I’m not in on a Pokémon pin, but it will be a huge earner.

#45835 38 days ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Not next

#45836 38 days ago

Who’s next..

#45837 37 days ago

John Wick is not next? Or John Borg isn't on John Wick?

#45838 37 days ago

Borg did the SAM Metallica...

#45839 37 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

John Wick is not next? Or John Borg isn't on John Wick?

Quoted from Haymaker:

Borg would make sense, but I don't think its him. Maybe though. Could even be Gomez...

Quoted from Capn12:

John Wick is next. Not Borg.

#45840 37 days ago

So if Borg is out, who is rumored to be doing Wick? Is it Danger? Elwin just did Jaws, Eddy just did Venom and I thought Gomez wasn't doing machines anymore but stepping in where needed.

So its either Gomez or Danger, but I guess it could be someone brand new.

I guess we will know all in a few weeks.

If it's Danger, then hopefully he outdo himself for his followup to Foo. if its Gomez, its going to be awesome no matter what. It might take a while for the code to match his vision but eventually it will be amazing. It could be another Bond type release, but I hope not.

#45841 37 days ago

John Wick w/ Danger would be interesting but break my heart as I'm all-in for actual Pokemon.

#45842 37 days ago
Quoted from JToeps:

John Wick w/ Danger would be interesting but break my heart as I'm all-in for actual Pokemon.

There was/were enough information to say that along the line someone was skipped or delayed and that is why jaws had been pushed back etc, so really would not be surprising to be a jack or keith game this soon already.

#45843 37 days ago

Keith said during an interview that his next layout (likely Jaws at the time) had been done for awhile and he was already working on the next title.

#45844 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Keith said during an interview that his next layout (likely Jaws at the time) had been done for awhile and he was already working on the next title.

What in the heck is Borg doing then? His last game was released in Jan of 2022, so it was finalized no later than Q3 of 2021. Elwin is lapping him if Wick is his Pin. LOL

#45845 37 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

What in the heck is Borg doing then? His last game was released in Jan of 2022, so it was finalized no later than Q3 of 2021. Elwin is lapping him if Wick is his Pin. LOL

I think his IJ game got shelved. He might be getting a bit unhappy over at Stern, who knows

#45846 37 days ago

I think Stern is and Needs to be more tactful on their releases, themes and timing.
Market is VERY selective right now and banking $ rather than spending.

Stern likely moving titles around, or changing around as to maximize sales potential and their yearly numbers.

IJ would’ve been DOA, like Venom.

I’m just guessing. I know nothing lol

Quoted from Haymaker:

I think his IJ game got shelved. He might be getting a bit unhappy over at Stern, who knows

#45847 37 days ago

Based on theme alone, to me John wick is weak. Unless the game play is awesome it’s an easy pass for me. Fingers crossed that X-men 97 is badass and actually happening.

#45848 37 days ago

Any reviews for the X-Men '97 show?

Is it pin-worthy?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16026746/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

#45849 37 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I think Stern is and Needs to be more tactful on their releases, themes and timing.
Market is VERY selective right now and banking $ rather than spending.
Stern likely moving titles around, or changing around as to maximize sales potential and their yearly numbers.
IJ would’ve been DOA, like Venom.
I’m just guessing. I know nothing lol

I agree with this. Wick will also be DOA in my opinion. Same with X men 97 if that ever comes to fruition. Probably sell as well or slightly worse than venom. I'm also guessing and know nothing.

#45850 37 days ago

Indiana Jones would be dead on arrival? you guys are nuts. If they had a good layout and focused on any of the first 3 movies it would “print money”.

Everyone keeps underestimating what a good John Williams sound package will do for a pin.

John Wick visual style lends to pinball and by the time the they got to the last film it was just a big video game. Danger on Wick would be solid.

Pokemon being the code name for Wick is the only thing that makes sense to me, I just can’t see a Pokémon pin coming no matter how many times people on these forums list in the schedule lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 917 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/917 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.