IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 874 of 944.
#43651 3 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Code name for Jaws is T-Rex.
Just an unconfirmed thought.

T-Rex is code name for Pokeon. Just putting it out there.

#43652 3 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Comon guys
Share the Jaws pics.

Screenshot_20240101_111530_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240101_111530_Chrome (resized).jpg
#43653 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Man, Stern loves folks like yourself. I get the passion and all, but in the end..

Aye aye, captain …

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread

#43654 3 months ago

I'll be as glad as the rest of you when this is out. Love to hear some new speculation, and move on from this jaws thing. It really wasn't a great movie, it really wasn't great acting, and it sure didn't have anything worth a sequel.
There were def far better offerings from our generation than jaws. WARRIORS, Apocalypse now, Blazing saddles, Animal house, etc, and I wouldn't make a pin of any of those either.
Time to move forward and see some better modern stuff with better modern assets.i love nostalgia like the next guy, but I just don't want crappy old clips from bad movies on my games anymore.
The new Hellboy, the new God of War, the new Assassins Creed, The Boys, The Umbrella Academy, anything new would be nice. Our society is out of ideas, and we reboot everything.
As much as most of the new start ups suck, at least they are trying something original and new.

#43655 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

I'll be as glad as the rest of you when this is out. Love to hear some new speculation, and move on from this jaws thing. It really wasn't a great movie, it really wasn't great acting, and it sure didn't have anything worth a sequel.
There were def far better offerings from our generation than jaws. WARRIORS, Apocalypse now, Blazing saddles, Animal house, etc, and I wouldn't make a pin of any of those either.

Not sure you could say the movies you listed were "better" movies than Jaws. Fun, yes. MAYBE Apocalypse Now...but what a depressing theme that would be. When I think of pinball, I think of...people dying in Vietnam???

But Jaws is iconic. There are still magazine covers devoted to it in the last year as well as merch revolving around it (some of which I'm guilty of buying last year). There's a reason it spawned so many (bad) sequels. You could say the same thing about JP, but that was the basis for a great Stern game. Here's hoping this one is as good as that one was.

#43656 3 months ago

The new factory is amazing!

#43657 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not sure you could say the movies you listed were "better" movies than Jaws. Fun, yes. MAYBE Apocalypse Now...but what a depressing theme that would be. When I think of pinball, I think of...people dying in Vietnam???
But Jaws is iconic. There are still magazine covers devoted to it in the last year as well as merch revolving around it (some of which I'm guilty of buying last year). There's a reason it spawned so many (bad) sequels. You could say the same thing about JP, but that was the basis for a great Stern game. Here's hoping this one is as good as that one was.

And you'll note in my comments, I wouldn't make any of those games either. Yes AN would be depressing. And honestly the next wave of players find most of these old "iconic" themes depressing, and boring as well. Either way, I, and like most of my pinhead friends are ready for newer themes. If I want old, I'll buy an old machine, if I want a nib, I want a nib theme to go with it.

#43658 3 months ago

I'm just ready for Stern to release Jaws already. This anticipation has certainly been affecting the secondary market (trades & sales) the last 2-3 months. Been hard to sell and trade since people have been holding that money for Jaws and not trading either since they need space to put Jaws.

#43659 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

And you'll note in my comments, I wouldn't make any of those games either. Yes AN would be depressing. And honestly the next wave of players find most of these old "iconic" themes depressing, and boring as well. Either way, I, and like most of my pinhead friends are ready for newer themes. If I want old, I'll buy an old machine, if I want a nib, I want a nib theme to go with it.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying and seems Stern has been creeping into the modern theme era with STgs, FFs, but Jaws is one of those near perfect themes for pinball.

#43660 3 months ago

It is as if God created the Devil and gave him ………. JAWS!!!!!! The original trailer says it all!!! I will take my LE and smile!!

#43661 3 months ago

Tempered theme interest. Money throwing gifs… can’t wait, FOMO?

Seth Davis hasn’t earned them. In fact he’s cash grabbed the LE buyers by the scrotes.

#43662 3 months ago

Travis Kelce suggests “two things at once” for next Stern release

A987DCE5-507F-495C-B494-02634B658956 (resized).jpegA987DCE5-507F-495C-B494-02634B658956 (resized).jpeg
#43663 3 months ago

So tomorrow or the next day? It's one of the 2.

#43664 3 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So tomorrow or the next day? It's one of the 2.

Will likely be just a teaser officially confirming that Stern is making Jaws with a date of when to expect more. Don’t think we’ll actually see anything.

#43665 3 months ago

And? Hard pass for me and suspect it would flop as a pinball theme. I've admittedly been wrong before, though.

#43666 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Will likely be just a teaser officially confirming that Stern is making Jaws with a date of when to expect more. Don’t think we’ll actually see anything.

Yeah. I know how it works. Sometimes they don't even give a hint, just a coming soon on whatever day. Anything would be nice at this point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43667 3 months ago

So Batman 66 was a success no?

Got another potential goodie for Gomez....

Tarzan 1966 with trading cards like Batman 66

Stern Tarzan 66'
Tarzan (resized).jpgTarzan (resized).jpg

tarzan. (resized).jpgtarzan. (resized).jpg
#43668 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And? Hard pass for me and suspect it would flop as a pinball theme. I've admittedly been wrong before, though.

I don't care for anything remotely connected to the Pokemon brand, but....there is little chance, in my mind, it wouldn't sell amazingly.

#43669 3 months ago

I'm just ready for Stern to release Jaws already. This anticipation has certainly been affecting the secondary market (trades & sales) the last 2-3 months. Been hard to sell and trade since people have been holding that money for Jaws and not trading either since they need space to put Jaws.

Yep - I know a couple of guys who cleared a game for Jaws. I can see also some people locally that are desperately trying to move games, maybe for Jaws who knows.

It's a theme and a designer most people can get excited about.

I agree - teaser this week and trailers next week

#43670 3 months ago

Holding off picking up another game until this drops. Worst kept secret in pinball, let's go already!

#43671 3 months ago
waiting.gifwaiting.gif
#43672 3 months ago

#43673 3 months ago

Heading to put my deposit down....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#43674 3 months ago

Officially stupid excited

#43675 3 months ago

JAWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So excited, really hope they got some of the movie assets vs JP (fingers crossed)

#43676 3 months ago

The trailer giving off very "we did not try to turn this into a family game" vibe and that should be a good idea, also poke'next.

#43677 3 months ago

Oh ya Baby!

#43678 3 months ago

So pictures on Thursday. It has been announced.

#43679 3 months ago

Dream theme!!

#43680 3 months ago

Leaked potato cam pic of the playfield please!

#43681 3 months ago
IMG_7020 (resized).jpegIMG_7020 (resized).jpeg
#43682 3 months ago

Jaws?
I was pulling for Child's Play.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43683 3 months ago

Blood in the water or a feeding frenzy would be a neat mode

#43684 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

suspect it would flop as a pinball theme. .

Lol. My money would be on record sales. International interest is high.

#43685 3 months ago

Get ready to hear people clamoring for Pokémon now.

#43686 3 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Get ready to hear people clamoring for Pokémon now.

I still want Futurama most

#43687 3 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I can't think of one good reason why they'd make a Futurama pin all these years later. I have been hoping for a more vulgar version of South Park with a Tegridy Farms LE. Seems to make more sense now, and lately South Park has been killing it with their specials.

There are a few themes that just have way too many assets, one being Futurama. Endless artwork and possibilities for a pin.

#43688 3 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I kinda feel that Spooky will get the Futurama license. Ben loves it.

#43689 3 months ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I can't think of one good reason why they'd make a Futurama pin all these years later. I have been hoping for a more vulgar version of South Park with a Tegridy Farms LE. Seems to make more sense now, and lately South Park has been killing it with their specials.
There are a few themes that just have way too many assets, one being Futurama. Endless artwork and possibilities for a pin.

Has there been any... pot reference in any Stern pinball machine?

Personally I'd rather have Cred...

#43690 3 months ago

Happy for those whose dream theme is JAWS.... hope it surpasses your expectations.
Also happy for me, as JAWS will be out of the way and we can get to the next theme.

#43691 3 months ago

… so no SLE, I thought that they were going to do what Kapow did with Batman66.

Thanks for posting this Frank.

#43692 3 months ago

I can't wait to pre-order jaws

20230725_140918 (resized).jpg20230725_140918 (resized).jpg20230801_152855 (resized).jpg20230801_152855 (resized).jpg20230906_195421 (resized).jpg20230906_195421 (resized).jpg20230917_050541 (resized).jpg20230917_050541 (resized).jpg

20230725_160811 (resized).jpg20230725_160811 (resized).jpg20230725_203546 (resized).jpg20230725_203546 (resized).jpg

20230725_142859 (resized).jpg20230725_142859 (resized).jpg
#43693 3 months ago

Market may be flat, but Jaws LE was always going to be a day 1 sell out.

#43694 3 months ago
Quoted from kimzone:

I can't wait to pre-order jaws
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is a great pin.

#43695 3 months ago

Any chance Stern will walk back the price and start a trend of machines being a better value for the money?

I believe Spooky missed that opportunity with Texas/Looney.

Fingers crossed but I'm sure my disappointment will continue.

#43696 3 months ago

Stern just opened a giant factory. No chance they are going to drop prices.

Quoted from trauma:

Any chance Stern will walk back the price and start a trend of machines being a better value for the money?

#43697 3 months ago
Quoted from trauma:

SM.gifSM.gif

#43698 3 months ago
Quoted from trauma:

Almost 0.0% chance the beancounters would allow that to happen, especially on what they know is a A-tier theme/designer combo like Jaws/KME.

Your cheap NIB's right now are LZ and TMNT, probably joined next holiday season by Mando and Venom.

#43699 3 months ago

Price will most likely be the same.

#43700 3 months ago

Maybe the LE should at least include a topper for the stupid price Stern is selling them for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 874 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/874 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.