IMG_6425 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240406_221516459 (resized).jpg
IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 305.
#14251 8 months ago

I have a 12v tv mod that I can’t connect to the 12v pole in the back box because my board is a replacement and they don’t have the 5v and 12v poles.

If I want to connect this to a 12v source under the playfield, does anyone know how to do it? In the instructions it appears the red wire w the alligator clip goes on the 12v pole in the back box and the tiny black wire is a ground. But it’s not super clear. I could be wrong about the black wire.

IMG_3729 (resized).jpegIMG_3729 (resized).jpeg
#14252 8 months ago

I just did this. You have 12v constant under either of the ceramic ball detect sensors. CAREFULLY solder into the pins sticking out the bottom. Check for shorts before trying out. Good luck,

#14253 8 months ago

What the Hell is the ball rejector thing even called leading to the upper playfueld? Anyway, that thing is routinely slinging the ball rather than dumping it like it should. It really screws up the piano shot.

I have tried tweaking the mech a bit, but have had little sucess. I did this same thing on a different TZ, and it cured the issue, but not here.

Aby ideas for making the ball dump work like it should here?

#14254 8 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Aby ideas for making the ball dump work like it should here?

Check out this thread about adding a magnet to it for better release: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-tip-cheap-diverter-magnet-mod-works-great

#14255 8 months ago

What the Hell is the ball rejector thing even called leading to the upper playfueld?

The manual refers to it as the "bridge diverter". Mine sounds kinda gnarly when it engages, and sometimes drops the ball so it drains SDTM. I'd love to find info about how to adjust it.

#14256 8 months ago

Finally got to FedEx today to print out a sticker and finish up one of the longest "to do" items on my pin list.

For my topper I'm using this pyramid from Ali Express:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832702849644.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
y
I've taken out of the LED in the base and replaced with something brighter (I think I ended up with warm white LEDs, and yellow LEDs for the rocket windows, but that was a while ago).

Printed out a sheet of stickers with the eye from the playfield and installed. If anyone would like some of these stickers, please PM with your address and I'll drop some in the mail for you (US only please)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14257 8 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Finally got to FedEx today to print out a sticker and finish up one of the longest "to do" items on my pin list.
For my topper I'm using this pyramid from Ali Express:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832702849644.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
y
I've taken out of the LED in the base and replaced with something brighter (I think I ended up with warm white LEDs, and yellow LEDs for the rocket windows, but that was a while ago).
Printed out a sheet of stickers with the eye from the playfield and installed. If anyone would like some of these stickers, please PM with your address and I'll drop some in the mail for you (US only please)

Looks awesome! Where did you get that cool camera from?

#14258 8 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

Looks awesome! Where did you get that cool camera from?

Camera and gumball machine were eBay antique finds. Just had to be patient (surprisingly all were cheaper than most mods we buy)

#14259 8 months ago

I found the 12V limitations on my TZ. Apparently colordmd and two LED strips is too much and blows the fuse. Guess it’s time for an external power supply. Bummer as I don’t want to add more mods, but I want the LED strips in the trough and above the back of the playfield.

#14260 8 months ago

Nah just put in a bigger fuse.

Lol. Kidding.

Quoted from PinJim:

I found the 12V limitations on my TZ. Apparently colordmd and two LED strips is too much and blows the fuse. Guess it’s time for an external power supply. Bummer as I don’t want to add more mods, but I want the LED strips in the trough and above the back of the playfield.

#14261 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Nah just put in a bigger fuse.
Lol. Kidding.

Well I’m an idiot. I thought my LED strips were 12v, they are 6.3V. Thus, I wired them to GI and it’s all good.

I have a box of LED strips and generally don’t know how to tell the voltage for each one. The only reason I know these are 6.3V is clearly the are the commet diffused versions.

#14262 8 months ago

Good work. lol Better than larger fuses.

Quoted from PinJim:Well I’m an idiot. I thought my LED strips were 12v, they are 6.3V. Thus, I wired them to GI and it’s all good.
I have a box of LED strips and generally don’t know how to tell the voltage for each one. The only reason I know these are 6.3V is clearly the are the commet diffused versions.

#14263 8 months ago

I have our new 3rd magnet kit finished. Will have 3 available to ship Wednesday, just need to pack them up and update some kit contents info, etc.

This is a complete kit, it's not partial where you then try and find stuff and order it elsewhere, or from 3 different places paying separate shipping... it's also not something where you are hacking up factory parts...this is 2 new boards, new wiring harnesses, complete with optos, brackets for those optos, magnet, core, bracket, template, spacer, down to the screws and board brackets.

Thinking one is sold already, so that leaves 2 up for grabs, and then we'll do a waiting list if there is enough/any demand. PM me if you want one. Thanks to DumbAss & rockwell for making some of the stuff in this, and to DumbAss for providing his OG kit to work from. This is NOT a profitable thing at all, just FYI...these will go for basically my cost.

#14264 8 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Camera and gumball machine were eBay antique finds. Just had to be patient (surprisingly all were cheaper than most mods we buy)

Dug up some more reference info from my notes

Here is a link to the camera I used for my topper (and I'm pretty sure was the model for the backglass and playfield)

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Rolleiflex_3.5_series

Here is the bronze rocket I found:

https://nelles-studios.square.site/product/rocket-coin-bank-with-portholes-813/79?cs=true&cst=custom

The gumball machine is an Advance Gumball machine (eBay)

#14265 8 months ago

I believe these are all sold. Will post again once I have paid orders but it appears they are....if so, we can make more available but we will do it list style.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have our new 3rd magnet kit finished. Will have 3 available to ship Wednesday, just need to pack them up and update some kit contents info, etc.
This is a complete kit, it's not partial where you then try and find stuff and order it elsewhere, or from 3 different places paying separate shipping... it's also not something where you are hacking up factory parts...this is 2 new boards, new wiring harnesses, complete with optos, brackets for those optos, magnet, core, bracket, template, spacer, down to the screws and board brackets.
Thinking one is sold already, so that leaves 2 up for grabs, and then we'll do a waiting list if there is enough/any demand. PM me if you want one. Thanks to DumbAss & rockwell for making some of the stuff in this, and to DumbAss for providing his OG kit to work from. This is NOT a profitable thing at all, just FYI...these will go for basically my cost.

#14266 8 months ago

All of the 3rd magnet kits are sold. I will post again when more are ready, but if you are sure you want one, please PM me and get on the list so we know how many to make, had I known there would be this much interest I would have made more, obviously. LOL

#14267 8 months ago

I do have plenty of the drill templates available if anyone wants one of those to create their own kits, and I have spacers for the magnet bracket but fun fact, the height of that spacer requirement changes based on who made the magnet bracket. PM me if you need either of these items to make your own setup.

#14268 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I do have plenty of the drill templates available if anyone wants one of those to create their own kits, and I have spacers for the magnet bracket but fun fact, the height of that spacer requirement changes based on who made the magnet bracket. PM me if you need either of these items to make your own setup.

I'm happy to know you sold the 3 kits, as fo me, I have other plans.....
I'll post here when ready.

#14269 8 months ago

My TZ playfield was a little dark, so I added a star post 4-led light to the side of the slot machine toward the rear of the pf. Made a huge difference. And added LEDs to the trough. Comet has bulbs for everything.

IMG_4165 (resized).jpegIMG_4165 (resized).jpegIMG_4169 (resized).jpegIMG_4169 (resized).jpegIMG_4173 (resized).jpegIMG_4173 (resized).jpeg

#14270 8 months ago

What are the options for color filter for behind the twilight zone cutout on the mini playfield lamp?

Thanks

#14271 8 months ago

£

Quoted from Green-Machine:

What are the options for color filter for behind the twilight zone cutout on the mini playfield lamp?
Thanks

I think my lamp came with a red, white and blue filter paper.

#14272 8 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

£

I think my lamp came with a red, white and blue filter paper.

So, filter paper is the product used? Does it have adhesive on it?

#14273 8 months ago

Hmm...looks like they dont ship to USA. Any other ideas where to pick up plastic 7?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

If anyone has one to spare, please PM me.

#14274 8 months ago

Hey all!
Just joined the TZ owner's club this weekend Found a dearly loved one that was on location. So fortunate to have one, as it was a landmark pin for me

Sharing some photos of my machine but also had a question:

This TZ has a few of the usual hiccups (prox sensor and clock optos being weird), however I just noticed the Clock Millions target seems to be registering on the Slot target? So the actual Clock target on the ramps appears to do nothing when hit, both in and out of modes. Has anyone seen this before?
I haven't checked the wiring under the playfield yet to see if they were flipped or some other odd wiring issue.

tz (resized).pngtz (resized).pngtz1 (resized).pngtz1 (resized).png
#14275 8 months ago
Quoted from PlayerPiano:

Hey all!
Just joined the TZ owner's club this weekend Found a dearly loved one that was on location. So fortunate to have one, as it was a landmark pin for me
Sharing some photos of my machine but also had a question:
This TZ has a few of the usual hiccups (prox sensor and clock optos being weird), however I just noticed the Clock Millions target seems to be registering on the Slot target? So the actual Clock target on the ramps appears to do nothing when hit, both in and out of modes. Has anyone seen this before?
I haven't checked the wiring under the playfield yet to see if they were flipped or some other odd wiring issue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Spotlights are in a very odd location facing the player

#14276 8 months ago
Quoted from PlayerPiano:

Likely a switch matrix issue - bad/shorted/missing diode somewhere, likely.
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Diode_and_Switch_Matrix_Wiring_Orientation_on_a_Microswitch

#14277 8 months ago

I was wondering if it was a diode or something - I had a backwards diode on Fastbreak that caused a misread on a switch

Thanks for insight - good place to start

#14278 8 months ago

LETS SEE SOME TZ TOPPERS!

I am doing a high end resto on this TZ, and I would like to add a topper. However, I have yest to see one I really like. Cost is likely not a concern. So lets see some awesome TZ topper pics and hear som opinions.

Thanks.

#14279 8 months ago

So lets see some awesome TZ topper pics

I have the animated TZ slot machine topper on my game.

LTG : )

tz (resized).jpgtz (resized).jpg
#14280 8 months ago

I am doing a high end resto on this TZ, and I would like to add a topper. However, I have yest to see one I really like. Cost is likely not a concern. So lets see some awesome TZ topper pics and hear som opinions.
Thanks.

If cost is not a concern:

https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/tz-topper

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-electric-playground-tz-topper-batch-1-mar-23#post-7488389

#14281 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have the animated TZ slot machine topper on my game.
[quoted image]

Your game looks an awful lot like a floor.

While I'm NOT topper fan, I like that one the best. It's minimal, but striking.

#14283 8 months ago

Okay here is a weird issue. The big magnet posts had a lot of wear over the years, so I sanded them down smooth and polished them. Might have removed around .003" - .005" of metal or so, but that's only a guess. So I reinstalled it, and in less than 50 games, the right post now has big dimples just like a Stern playfield. How did this happen???

Were these posts originally hardened metal from the factory? Maybe I sanded the hardened surface off, but I cant think of any other reason why the post looks that bad, this fast. BTW, only the right post that looks like this. The left post looks perfect. Weird!!!

So whats going on here?

#14284 8 months ago

You know what you need? A 3rd magnet kit for that resto.... And I'll have 4 more ready in a few weeks.

#14285 8 months ago

Thanks.

TZ topper should be as unique as the antiques in the shop...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14286 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

You know what you need? A 3rd magnet kit for that resto.... And I'll have 4 more ready in a few weeks.

Whats the cost?

#14287 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I didn't have a picture of the one on my game so I grabbed one somewhere else.

#14288 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Here is the slot machine topper on my game. ( DMD looks scrambled in picture, it isn't in real life )

DSC00849 (resized).JPGDSC00849 (resized).JPG

#14290 8 months ago

“You unlock this door with the key of imagination“

They are not for sale but I had fun designing it.

#14291 8 months ago

Wondering if anyone can quickly test fit these target decals?

IMG_3399 (resized).jpegIMG_3399 (resized).jpeg

#14292 8 months ago

Just received this NOS kit today.

IMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0031 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPGIMG_0032 (resized).JPGIMG_0033 (resized).JPGIMG_0033 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG
#14293 8 months ago

That looks like exactly what DumbAss let me borrow to see what used to be included and how they used to "hot wire" in the optos.... Which as he says isn't electrically correct but does work solidly. I'd think with that and your bracket etc you already own you should be set. Let us know how it goes, good luck!

#14294 8 months ago

I bet that'd sell.

Quoted from Habeboo:

“You unlock this door with the key of imagination“
They are not for sale but I had fun designing it.

#14295 8 months ago

Also GILV remember your magnet bracket may be taller than the spacer they provided and may need some washers or additional spacers to make up the difference.

#14296 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Also GILV remember your magnet bracket may be taller than the spacer they provided and may need some washers or additional spacers to make up the difference.

Thanks for reminding me that.... I'll let you know.

#14297 8 months ago

New question regarding the angle of the small upper left flipper.

When the ball is shot through the right turn around and approach the small upper left flipper. Should the ball:
A. Pass the upper left flipper unimnpeded and tag the rubber sleeve at the camera shot, then bounce over to the upper right flipper?
B. Be slightly re-directed by the upper left flipper and then roll down to the lower right flipper.

I dont see any alignment pin for the small upper left flipper.

Thanks again guys.

#14298 8 months ago

Does anybody on here have the spiced black or something similar powder coating on their game. I am generally a purist and try to keep everything original but I have warmed up to subtle tasteful mods and remember reading about people doing this with thier games because it looks like outer space and am noodling the idea while I plan my restoration.

#14299 8 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Does anybody on here have the spiced black or something similar powder coating on their game. I am generally a purist and try to keep everything original but I have warmed up to subtle tasteful mods and remember reading about people doing this with thier games because it looks like outer space and am noodling the idea while I plan my restoration.

Is that black with a subtle silver metal flake?

#14300 8 months ago

Is that black with a subtle silver metal flake?

I think so, did you ever do your armors in the black with the blue flake. I bought your rotisserie like that but was hoping to see it on a game if anybody did it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.