(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1176 2 years ago

GOI knows!!!

#1236 2 years ago

Four flipper buttons
Two controlling diverters.......

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I already have a Shadow..!

I don’t and miss mine

#1373 2 years ago

Wow that disappeared quick

#1415 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see the pro !!!

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

honest, I have not seen any toys from any mod company that has the definition or quality that you see in the OEM toys of a Jersey Jack for example.

Like the axle skeleton figure in GR!
What a piece of shit!
Looks breakable !

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Threw caution to the wind and made a impression video . Don’t roast me too hard

I put up with the first four minutes of your video and I do not share your views

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dude I just bought a TMNT Premium today instead of Mando so for once stop with your lies and nonsense. A game doesn't have to have a JJP logo on it for me to buy (also have a GNR LE on order and can't wait). Why did I go with TMNT Premium over Mando? Layout and toys. I'm not interested in owning a $6k - $9k+ pin with a giant doll of all things that does nothing, hell even the terrible troll doll in Roller Coaster Tycoon does something. The giant target hanging from the razer crest looks odd and ugly, it's almost as large as the ship. Third is the upper mini playfield which is not interesting in my opinion, it will get stale quick with only a bunch of standup targets, and looks very odd being Mando's helmet with a bunch of lights. Mando may turn out to be incredible but right now it's just not hitting with me.
The problem I have with Mando is unlike TMNT, GB, Jurassic Park, and GNR is that it does a poor job of representing the themes world under glass. That giant baby Yoda is ugly and was put there to simply scream "HERE'S BABY YODA". Again there's a huge ugly target hanging from the razer crest versus the ship itself interacting with the ball. The upper mini playfield is for some reason Mando's helmet with a bunch of lights inserts on it? So random and odd.

Blah blah blah ba blah!

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:Thanks for the info.
So Todd is old and doesn't realize what he's saying at 3 min on his new video?

You are correct sir!

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:So any chance of getting an le from a distributor at this point? Friend just saw this and is a huge fan. Or are le's all sold out?
If not any tips on a distributor with some left? Pm if you don't want share publicly.
Otherwise I'm just going to give him a list of distributors to call one by one.

Place a wanted add with what he is willing to pay
Cuts out the BUZlL shitZ

#3322 2 years ago

All a matter of opinion

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, it’s all subjective of course and GOT is certainly a good game... Lyman has coded more of what are generally considered masterpieces than any other coder (likely all other modern coders combined, frankly)...I don’t think anyone can reasonably deny that. Keith would be in second place.

all a matter of opinion!

#3388 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My kids have seen all that stuff but Star Wars they just suffer it as Dad movie, it doesn't resonate with them. We watch Die Hard at Christmas every year but I could never get them to sit through a Star Wars. Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, even Pokemon but Star Wars, no chance.

Crazy glue their knickers they will sit through it

#3713 2 years ago

Time check 5:00 pm eastern ???? For dead flip stream Correct ?

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So only partial assets? No show actor voices from any of the episodes? Very disappointed. A pin named Mandalorian but no Mandalorian audio clips from the show.

broken record!

#4202 2 years ago

Mando thread

#4207 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Dwight’s history is relevant to the Mando discussion? That’s why it keeps coming up

I am happy with My Star Wars TMNT and GB
See no reason not to be happy with my new mando! All coded by Dwight!

1 week later
#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:Weird question here....has anyone ever had luck asking Stern to do a special build? I think I like the Premium art the best but thinking I may like the Pro layout. Wondering if I threw Stern several hundred bucks-would they make a special machine with Premium art cabinet and Pro playfield? I know the answer is probably no(especially with 5 month back-log) but it would be cool. Just an afterthought and sometimes money talks.

I like the art on the premium but prefer the Full color Of the pro art package the prem has a little too much brown for me. It’s just a personal opinion. All three art packages are awesome !

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:don't really see the pro mini pf area as being better at all.

I do ! One less thing to break and trouble shoot!

#4882 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I am with you. I am so used to super-bands that I find playing on regular rubber to be a different experience. I have better ball control with super-bands and I have no issues with dead bounces.
What I don't like about super-bands are actually getting the flipper rubber on. OMG this is a pain(ful). I also use super-bands on most of my rubber rings. I like their translucent looks.
The only place I've stopped using them is on the 5/16 and 3/8 sizes. I just cannot get them onto the posts. I will use the silicone rubber from Pinball Life for those.

Soak in hot/ warm water before installing!

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I did this to my Indy. Just realizing now that the side art colours are actually really similar to Mando Pro. May work for some. I’ll keep my Mando black for sure. I really didn’t like the stainless steel on my Indy though.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Brass that bitch!

#4930 2 years ago

Can one of you fine artistic photo shop guys put the stern side armor accessory on the pro so we can see what it will look like
Thanks in advance freddy

4 weeks later
#6004 2 years ago

Game defiantly needs a shaker! I have spoken!

#6061 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117292#
Mando
Shooter rod assembly if someone wanted to add it to their game.

#6229 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

trying to figure out a way to reinforce the sakes

If they were pined.
Basically a nail up thru stake.
If you could print them hollow and insert a nail or metal pin Up thru bottom with rubber cement I believe that would keep them from snapping off.

#6234 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Imbedding it in block of clear lexan and internally lighting it would be cool. Could even make it look like a static sand storm in the lexan.

Cool idea but doesn’t help strengthen the stakes.

#6235 2 years ago

I helped a buddy set up his LE tonight and wow that backglass Is F’n awesome !

A22FF2DF-25D4-448E-A6DE-65570FF6E694 (resized).jpegA22FF2DF-25D4-448E-A6DE-65570FF6E694 (resized).jpeg
#6357 2 years ago

$10G by August

Quoted from rockrand:

I would not be surprised if we see premiums at scalpers prices,like le game are

#6376 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How does it hold up is there any usage wear? Maybe it could be clear coated?

$15 bucks
Just buy another!

#6393 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

100 percent. I wish the stern Star Wars we would of enjoyed too. It would be great to have another one as close to as fun as mando. We absolutely love it

I like my mando pro but it ain’t no SW pro!

#6446 2 years ago
Quoted from mphizzle:

This is my first pinball I have ever owned and really enjoy the game! However, I am having an issue with one of the scoring mechs. Anytime I use a flipper scoring occurs and one of the red flashers towards Grogu lights up as well. The flasher is at the top left on the playing field. Not sure if it’s a setting or something I can adjust. Any help on how to fix this would be great. High score pic is an example of some unrealistic scoring.
[quoted image]

With your fist Bang on play field with glass off.
If it adds to score check switch adjustments as one or more may be over adjusted!

#6448 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Had a premium on order but its a few weeks late (like everyone else’s) and ended up taking home a Pro after playing the LE. Just wasn’t sure that upper playfield was worth the extra money. It seemed like the pro would be much more friendly to newer players as I had a hell of a time keeping the ball up there with two flippers but on the pro with the single flipper and nudging it feel more fun, less... frantic. I am really impressed with this pro as it feels more full than other recent pro machines. What a beautiful machine regardless of the version. Very excited to have joined the Mando club. .

I’ve played pro and LE
Both play very similar! I’d give Le the nod on upper playfield . But for the money pro is great bang for the buck. If money is no issue LE all day as that back glass is priceless !!!!

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I like the wire instead of plastic on the LE as well. I assume it is same for premium

A pinside buddy of mine came to play my pro ,
He read all the wire ramps vs. plattic ramps Comments and he commented that plastic ramps were non issue when playing game didn’t even notice them.

#6588 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, just reviewed the Mando LE with 6,5 score out of 10, link to the video

Are you Arnold’s illegitimate son?

Head for the chopper!( Arnold voice)

#6620 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Here are some initial pics. I'll get more (and better) pics once I move this into my gameroom. Right now it is in my modding staging area (which is outside my gameroom) which is a total mess when I work on machines.
So far I've installed
- powder coated parts
- orange t-moulding
- shooter rod
- Pinsound linelevel output (for connecting to amp and subwoofer)
- upgraded 5 1/4" speakers (Polk DB521)
- amplifier (backbox speakers)
- speaker light kit
- subwoofer (Klipsch 12")
- Lighted buttons
- Most of the rubber with superbands
- Flipper toppers
- Invisiglass (Not on yet, I leave that for last)
I have the Wizard mods sideblades, but those have been stuck in customs in Miami for over 3 weeks, which also means I can't install my pinstadiums yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that stern shooter rod? Or another vender?

#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Got that from hookedonpinball

As did I that’s why I asked.

#6647 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I was wondering the same thing, how big is it compared to the static Grogu, any pic of both next to eachother?

About same height but static head is smaller

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6654 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm definitely following this! Also, an airbrush artist could probably make the plastic animatronic look a bit more realistic, once (if) we get there!

The animatronic looks very realistic. Stern Static one looks more like a toy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6655 2 years ago

Hooked!

C033966B-FB3A-4C8C-8CC7-58F21562B6BF (resized).jpegC033966B-FB3A-4C8C-8CC7-58F21562B6BF (resized).jpegD4B9FE20-F92E-4B0C-B471-A69439A73B52 (resized).jpegD4B9FE20-F92E-4B0C-B471-A69439A73B52 (resized).jpegEA85FB80-BB21-4405-B024-DD849AB054A0 (resized).jpegEA85FB80-BB21-4405-B024-DD849AB054A0 (resized).jpeg
#6664 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Someone knows when Stern will start the next batch of Pro's exactly?

I heard August delivery

#6667 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interesting, it’s pretty tame in my game, kind of like a light rumble, which is how I like them. I got mine from cointaker, but I think it’s a stern shaker. Stock settings.

Yours is a pro
He has le
My buddies Le will rattle your teeth
My pro has Pinball life shaker and is a nice rumble!

#6673 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

It sucks that they only had the Premiums on the line for 1 week.

Keeps it interesting!

#6798 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine is holding strong with hot glue. That might not be the best option if it burns out but she's holding.

It’s an LED it will out live you!

#6914 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Debating on keeping this on the game.
[quoted image]

You have it Flat on its side.
Roll it up right and mount With two screws it will look good

1 week later
#7054 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

When I launch the ball, not a full draw back, for a sneaky skill shot as an example, it will launch get to where the right orbit and chute meet and it will rattle around die out and drop down. Does it about 75% of the time. Full power or action button launch it will be flawless. I’ve gotten down and watched it, and don’t see a reason for it. Shooting rod is nice and straight. Idk if it’s putting some English on the ball and making it bounce around or what.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Adjust your shooter rod.
Make sure it hits ball square on center.
Auto plunge is Separate unit

1 month later
#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Mando pro question. I just bought the premium/LE wire forms for me pro. I assume this serves no purpose and I remove it off the wire form for the pro
[quoted image]

Might be a great place to add / mount a mod.

2 months later
#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've got an LE and just started playing it. Got around 20 games or so and then started to get this happening when hitting a flipper:

Any idea what switch might be going off? Pretty sure I'm not supposed to be cranking up the beskar by hitting the flipper buttons!

Earlier post someone said the target by the pops tends to be sensitive and add Beskar. Check adjustment / sensitivity

2 months later
#7577 2 years ago

TPF

#7580 2 years ago

Mando needs the shaker!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.