(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,481 posts
  • 798 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by rrath03
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC6714 (resized).JPG
GEDC6817 (resized).JPG
GEDC6820 (resized).JPG
12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 150.
#1151 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No final price listed, hopefully not over MSRP.

JJ doesn't pull that shit. Great distributor.

#1152 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I misread the listing, price is listed at $9200!

#1153 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed in with him !

#1154 7 months ago

How many Stern LE’s have been over 700? Just Star Wars and Star Trek? Both have never held up very well in terms of resale value - I mean in comparison other games. They’re always available if you want one.

I personally don’t care and this is a unique market situation…..especially for us down here. I put my name down mostly because I want a new game. If you want a new Stern game from our distributor at the moment, of any title in any flavor, you have to wait until early 2022 for availability. At least buying an LE you get it in 2-3 months.

#1155 7 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

What price did they have the LEs listed at?

$9199. I luckily got one of their avail LE's

#1156 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How many Stern LE’s have been over 700? Just Star Wars and Star Trek? Both have never held up very well in terms of resale value - I mean in comparison other games. They’re always available if you want one.
I personally don’t care and this is a unique market situation…..especially for us down here. I put my name down mostly because I want a new game. If you want a new Stern game from our distributor at the moment, of any title in any flavor, you have to wait until early 2022 for availability. At least buying an LE you get it in 2-3 months.

STLE cost $7700 do you see them selling for less? I’ve sold two with mods for $8200

#1157 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

STLE cost $7700 do you see them selling for less? I’ve sold two with mods for $8200

Up until recently they’ve absolutely underperformed compared to most games and are available fairly regularly on the “open” market ie. You don’t have to know someone to get one.

Personally I don’t understand it as I think it’s one of Sterns best, no question. But there’s a lot available, and I get the feeling noobs don’t appreciate it for some reason.

Same with Star Wars, though recently to a lesser extent - theme is more mainstream and it has an lcd.

#1158 7 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

As soon as Kathleen Kennedy is out of the picture Star Wars is going to be amazing again.

As soon as Kathy Kennedy is gone, we will all be excited again about the future of Star Wars. The only reason Mando did better and has begun to restore excitement in the SW universe, is because that egotist K.K. had almost nothing to do with it. Fabero hid from KK the ending with Luke in it till it was too late for Kathy to sabotage a great ending for season 2. John single handedly has returned interest in SW, where Kathleen pretty much destroyed it. Get rid of her and her ilk, Disney asap.

If Walt were around, Kathleen Kennedy would have been fired long time ago. What a mess of a person.

#1159 7 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image]

the photo with the 3 pins hurts my head

#1160 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

SWLE does not offer much extra value over a premium and there were 800 made. I'd go pro if I ever bought that game again.

Rob

#1161 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im really interested to find out if OS and hardware has levelled up.

I believe newer spike main boards now have a faster cpu.

Rob

#1162 7 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

As soon as Kathy Kennedy is gone, we will all be excited again about the future of Star Wars. The only reason Mando did better and has begun to restore excitement in the SW universe, is because that egotist K.K. had almost nothing to do with it. Fabero hid from KK the ending with Luke in it till it was too late for Kathy to sabotage a great ending for season 2. John single handedly has returned interest in SW, where Kathleen pretty much destroyed it. Get rid of her and her ilk, Disney asap.
If Walt were around, Kathleen Kennedy would have been fired long time ago. What a mess of a person.

I agree with the above statement, but these two need to get back together and then we’d really have some compelling story boards similar to “A New Hope” and “Empire Strikes Back.”
69CCA1CE-2944-46C3-A9AE-C66B1AC79634.jpeg

#1163 7 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I agree with the above statement, but these two need to get back together and then we’d really have some compelling story boards similar to “A New Hope” and “Empire Strikes Back.”
[quoted image]

today in this episode of ... 'how to touch a woman'

geeeee, George can't be more awkward here.... lol, that hand around her hip... CRINGE

#1164 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LOL, don't they? They put the GnR's up $1000AUD inbetween shipments over here. And the build issues ive seen on the GNR's has been pretty bad too - I think all the who-Har about how great JJ are is beginning to look very overrated

#1165 7 months ago

will the art hit or miss??

il_1140xN.3016359665_lnkx (resized).jpg
atLwCDI4fWZrMlIpaGL1YTLyiGq7ND_large (resized).jpg

#1166 7 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

LOL, don't they? They put the GnR's up $1000AUD inbetween shipments over here. And the build issues ive seen on the GNR's has been pretty bad too - I think all the who-Har about how great JJ are is beginning to look very overrated

He’s talking about JJ the person/distributor who owns Game Exchange not Jersey Jack.

#1167 7 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He’s talking about JJ the person/distributor who owns Game Exchange not Jersey Jack.

JJ doesn’t own it yet. Not till he knocks off his old man.

#1168 7 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

No matter, this comment about JJP is right on the money...overrated and not worth the very high prices they are charging. Build issues galore with GNR and many of the machines they build (JJP was smart to have no mechs in GNR or it would be even worse, although no mechs for the consumer is not so good). One thing we can be hopefully happy over, is the build quality of Mando should be a great deal better. At least I’m hoping so.

#1169 7 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Wrong JJ.

#1170 7 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

Im in Canada and im seeing the miscommunication from here

#1171 7 months ago

Yes...in America, one letter makes a HUGE difference. JJ is a great guy who runs Game Exchange and sets up Pinside meet and greets at shows across the country. JJP is the pinball company who, if you're to be believed, jacks up prices on Australian shipments. They don't call him Jersey Jack for nothin'!

#1172 7 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

One thing we can be hopefully happy over, is the build quality of Mando should be a great deal better. At least I’m hoping so.

Really? I mean, really? Not seeing it based on track record or incentive. Hell, Stern just sold out of possible wooden boxes full of nothing for the LE’s. No reveal. No one knows nuthin.

That being said, yes, I’m hopeful.
Those excited for this title need a winner.

#1173 7 months ago

Always the Pro. Deposit is in. I have spoken......

Screenshot_20210508-172338 (resized).jpg
#1174 7 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I honestly think that Star Wars will go the same route that X-Men did with eventually having an alternate timeline, after the originals x-men first class changed the timeline. Star Wars has a type of “time travel” now that was introduced in Rebels with the “World between Worlds” and because the 7-9 episodes ended as such a shit show Dave Filoni can easily retcon the sequel trilogy by using the connection of Ashoka in The Mandalorian series since she’s the one who used it with Ezra. As soon as Kathleen Kennedy is out of the picture Star Wars is going to be amazing again.

Farveau alone did wonders for Marvel kicking it off with Iron Man (technically the Hulk, but that movie was ok). He's already begun with Star Wars. We need a Happy Hogan movie now. Everyone loves Happy.

#1175 7 months ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

$9199. I luckily got one of their avail LE's

How do you know you were "lucky" to get one when we have not seen a single picture yet?

Is it purely based on theme?

Based on Brian Eddy as the designer?

Based on FOMO?

#1176 7 months ago

GOI knows!!!

#1177 7 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

How do you know you were "lucky" to get one when we have not seen a single picture yet?
Is it purely based on theme?
Based on Brian Eddy as the designer? Based on FOMO?

I think he's just saying he's happy to get one, why not leave it at that? I'm glad for him!

#1178 7 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Always the Pro. Deposit is in. I have spoken......
[quoted image]

Serious question... What is the benefit of pre ordering a pro? Is there a price break? I know there used to be price breaks for bulk buys and such if you ordered early...

#1179 7 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Serious question... What is the benefit of pre ordering a pro? Is there a price break? I know there used to be price breaks for bulk buys and such if you ordered early...

You ensure you get a first run pro and don’t have to wait until 2022?

#1180 7 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

You ensure you get a first run pro and don’t have to wait until 2022?

Makes sense. Is the first pro run smaller? Then you have to wait for LE's and prem's to be done? Pros don't run side by side with the other models?

#1181 7 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Serious question... What is the benefit of pre ordering a pro? Is there a price break? I know there used to be price breaks for bulk buys and such if you ordered early...</blockquote

Because I want one now (I might die soon) and the Pro is always best. Every time.....

#1182 7 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

It picks up quite a bit towards the end of the first season and into the second. Enjoy the ride! Moose shoulda told ya out front![quoted image]

Ok....this is the perfect playfield art for the next Stern pin...” Family Vacation”

#1183 7 months ago

I would typically buy a Pro, but I am hesitating and waiting for the reveal. Brian Eddy is what is selling it for me. IF, there is an upper playfield (based solely on the speculation of a Shadow like upper PF) and that is missing on the Pro, I'll go for a Premium.
But for me, it has to be an upper PF with a full sized ball. If it is a PF like Munsters with a mini ball, no thanks.

#1184 7 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Makes sense. Is the first pro run smaller? Then you have to wait for LE's and prem's to be done? Pros don't run side by side with the other models?

Since TMNT I believe they have been making very small runs of Pros for demo and bars (some make it to consumers). If you miss the first decent run of Pros you can be waiting a long time, same for Premiums.

#1185 7 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Brian Eddy is what is selling it for me.
But for me, it has to be an upper PF with a full sized ball. If it is a PF like Munsters with a mini ball, no thanks.

Brian Eddy is a design master, I highly doubt he will choose to incorporate a mini pf or ball, ever. Imo mini playfields are a waste of space and waste a big chunck of the BoM.

#1186 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Brian Eddy is a design master, I highly doubt he will choose to incorporate a mini pf or ball, ever.

Good point. Brian Eddy would never, ever use a mini playfield in one of his designs.

#1187 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point. Brian Eddy would never, ever use a mini playfield in one of his designs.

Never.

#1188 7 months ago

lol

#1190 7 months ago

Is the sarcasm emoji broken?

#1191 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is the sarcasm emoji broken?

The Shadow knows!

#1192 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I think he's just saying he's happy to get one, why not leave it at that? I'm glad for him!

I wonder why Stern keeps raising prices?

#1193 7 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Brian Eddy is a design master, I highly doubt he will choose to incorporate a mini pf or ball, ever. Imo mini playfields are a waste of space and waste a big chunck of the BoM.

Yeah I mean he has never, ever, not even once, done an upper playfield.

#1194 7 months ago

Jeez we gotta wait till Tuesday to get photos of this thing.!?

#1195 7 months ago

I just put a deposit on the mini upper playfield only.

#1196 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I mean he has never, ever, not even once, done an upper playfield.

Ramps that go up and behind the playfield maybe in games he's been affiliated with. (Black Rose)

#1197 7 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I just put a deposit on the mini upper playfield only.

You mean the Grogu upper playfield

#1198 7 months ago

I hope the upper playfield isnt grogu, maybe its the razor crest or slave 1 . I dunno. cant wait to see it

#1199 7 months ago

I'm wondering about the layout....So we know the game has a drop ramp like Stranger Things, I bet the Razor Crest is on the side and the ramp drops to let you go to the upper pf? Rumors has it the mini pf spins, I think what they meant was it rotates not spin. Maybe a few degrees like The Shadow diverters but still seems like a lot of engineering for what exactly? To shoot down different paths?

#1200 7 months ago

If stern does a game without pop bumpers i might have to buy in on this thing.

There are 7,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside