IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 219.
#3101 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. If I go with the warm theme guess I should get the wArm white and buy purple posts
Is there enough wire length to tie into other GI close by?

In general, yes.

One can connect via a Matrix bulb, with the wires above the playfield, or from below, with extensions. and clips.
You can also solder.

Because of the myriad of ways, I cant tell you how many splitters or wire length you need....
You can even trip the post lights to react with an insert!

Pickup a few extras....maybe spend an extra $5 or so....easier than trying to figure an exact

#3102 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In general, yes.
One can connect via a Matrix bulb, with the wires above the playfield, or from below, with extensions. and clips.
You can also solder.
Because of the myriad of ways, I cant tell you how many splitters or wire length you need....
You can even trip the post lights to react with an insert!
Pickup a few extras....maybe spend an extra $5 or so....easier than trying to figure an exact

I'll order bulk kit

#3103 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone noticed that when you shot the scene hole next to the right ramp and quickly pull the trigger you initiate a duck quacking sounds. What do those quacks represent? Also, what is with the herd of cows that sometimes runs across the DMD making a mooing sound?

i think the duck is referencing Farley and the peking duck

cows are commonly show up in pinball machines, the cows on the shadow happens after quickly draining after starting a mode (dont remember if it a specific mode or any of them)

Quoted from jonesjb:

Get the duck to quack three times in three separate locations (khan, mode, battlefield kicker)... then shoot the mode for a surprise.

didnt know this one will have to give it a try!

#3104 7 years ago

Here are some pics, nothing special. Added light to battlefield and trough. I really like the translucent slingshots.

0914161921 (resized).jpg0914161921 (resized).jpg

0914161921a (resized).jpg0914161921a (resized).jpg

0914161921b (resized).jpg0914161921b (resized).jpg

0914161921c (resized).jpg0914161921c (resized).jpg

#3105 7 years ago

Looks great DJ!

#3106 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone noticed that when you shoot the scene hole next to the right ramp and quickly pull the trigger you initiate a duck quacking sounds.

Well, if we're revealing tricks about shooting the trigger during a game, give it a try in the middle of the "Duel of Wills" video mode.

It is very helpful for the EB.

#3107 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Well, if we're revealing tricks about shooting the trigger during a game, give it a try in the middle of the "Duel of Wills" video mode.
It is very helpful for the EB.

Shhhhh. Don't give away all our secrets.

#3108 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Gsme is half apart but quick question on brick drop target. Does it drip when you hit it like most targets? Seems no matter how I move it it stays up. Controlled by solenoid? Getting a few error messages about the target up and down switch and coil so I need to investigate

No, there's an opto in front of it that switches on the magnet to grab the ball, and then the coil pulls the target down while the ball is held in place.

#3110 7 years ago

here is all the shadow info from cows and easter eggs.

Get the quote "Anyone for Peking duck?" by doing one of the following:
Pull the trigger at the beginning of each mode (does not work on Duel of Wills and Hotel).
Pull the trigger at the end of Duel of Wills.
The quote is also heard during the Extra Ball animation, during the quote "I know" in Who Knows award, when you get a Scene Bonus of 2M, when the ball is in the Battle Field popper.
The quote is only heard once per playfield location.
The quote is said by three different people and when you´ve heard all three, start a scene to start The Secret Laughing mode (Observe the duck on the right, quacking.).

During normal play, the mist behind the score digits sometimes forms a cow or a duck. Pull the trigger to hear them!

When you drain fast through an outlane after just have hit a target, a bunch of cows walks across the screen, moo´ing.
The same cows appears if you either become the new Shadow Loop Champ or get 8 or 9 loops.

Pull the trigger in the Video mode to clear the screen for a few seconds, but watch out when the Purba´s return! This only works once per Video mode.

Pull the trigger in the Mongol Hurry Up to end the mode and award 3M.

If you leave your initials blank when entering a hi-score, the table will label the score MOO.

During Attract mode, press one of the following sequences. Pull gun trigger after entering last code to activate:
13LD, 1LF, 2RD (MAB)
3LD, 15LF, 23RD, 19RF (COWS)
13LD, 1LF, 18RD, 11RF (MARK)
2LD, 18LF, 9RD, 1RF, 14BI (BRIAN)
19LD, 15LF, 14RD (SON)
2LD, 2LF, 2RD, 2RF, 10BI
2LD, 9LF, 2RD (BIB)
12LD, 15LF, 14RD, 5RF (LONE)
Explanation: LD=left diverter button, LF=left flipper button, RD=right diverter button, RF=right flipper button, BI=buy-in button.

#3111 7 years ago

nice!

thay all work for me except the last one:
is this correct?

and what's the name after the code? (MAB, COWS, MARK...)

#3112 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

nice!
thay all work for me except the last one:
is this correct?
and what's the name after the code? (MAB, COWS, MARK...)

that is what you are spelling with the button presses and the alphabet

3LD, 15LF, 23RD, 19RF (COWS) 3=C 15=O 23=W 19=S

#3113 7 years ago

I see, thanks!

And what about the last one? Does it work for you?
On my machine does not work... maybe depends from the software version?

#3114 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Had the same problem, I think it was Vid who provided the solution that worked for me: Loosen the ramp, push it as far as possible to the right and thighten it down again.
I still have a ball flying off once in a while, but only when I 100% nail the shot at very high speed.

Thanks! Yeah, I have it as far to the right as it can get it but I'll double check it. It's good to know I'm not the only person that has that issue.

Quoted from jawjaw:

I would loosen all connections and try to force it where it looks right. Hold it there while you tighten everything. Washers may help. I don't have the problem. The ball does fall off ramps sometimes but rarely.
I did have the problem of air balls off the left ramp targets. Replacing them with the reinforced ones helped greatly. Old ones were bent back pretty bad. The ball still bounces up off the targets a little but nothing like before and never over the flippers.

Thanks! I'll try to force it to the right higher up on the ramp and see if that helps. As far as the stand up targets, I do have the reinforced ones but I still get some air balls flying over the flippers. How far forward do you have your reinforced targets bent?

Quoted from Djshakes:

Do you have an extra flipper rubber? Cut two pieces out of it and super glue them behind the targets. No more air balls.

Oh wow, that sounds like a promising solution! When you say behind the targets, do you mean behind the metal of the target between it and the playfield wood or in place of the foam between the target and the target metal?

#3115 7 years ago

What does the Khan multiball start timer do? The manual says: it's how long the Khan multiball lamp is lit once started.

I thought Khan stays lit once you get the 4 rollovers? Note this is different from the Khan ball save.

#3116 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does the Khan multiball start timer do? The manual says: it's how long the Khan multiball lamp is lit once started.
I thought Khan stays lit once you get the 4 rollovers? Note this is different from the Khan ball save.

After several Khan multiballs (or maybe after reaching the Final Battle, cant remember exactly), the Khan lamp is timed. You can set the lenght of the timer.

BTW I would have preferred the Khan light were timed since the beginning of the game (with the timing decreasing after each multiball), more challange and fun this way.

#3117 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thanks! Yeah, I have it as far to the right as it can get it but I'll double check it. It's good to know I'm not the only person that has that issue.

Thanks! I'll try to force it to the right higher up on the ramp and see if that helps. As far as the stand up targets, I do have the reinforced ones but I still get some air balls flying over the flippers. How far forward do you have your reinforced targets bent?

Oh wow, that sounds like a promising solution! When you say behind the targets, do you mean behind the metal of the target between it and the playfield wood or in place of the foam between the target and the target metal?

Rip off the worthless foam. Replace with rubber. I have the heavy duty blue coils and barely get air balls.

#3118 7 years ago

Has anyone put gold pinball blades on their Shadow?

#3119 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Rip off the worthless foam. Replace with rubber. I have the heavy duty blue coils and barely get air balls.

Do you think you could post a pic of your setup? You don't have any problem with the contacts touching to trigger the switch? It seems like there wouldn't be enough give in the rubber for the contacts to touch if the rubber is too thick.

#3120 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Do you think you could post a pic of your setup? You don't have any problem with the contacts touching to trigger the switch? It seems like there wouldn't be enough give in the rubber for the contacts to touch if the rubber is too thick.

I use a piece of old flipper rubber attached by a VERY sticky piece of 3M double sided tape. I did have to adjust the rear contact so that the gap is closer though, but that is easy. After doing this in conjunction with the reinforced targets I get no more air balls.

#3121 7 years ago

When I lock a ball, the ball is grabbed by the magnet. Then the magnet launch the ball inside the Sanctum. Sometimes it happens to me that the ball (alway catched correctly by the magnet) is not thrown up the Sanctum with enough power, so it's not locked and it ends falling down the playfield. The lock is actually counted, but the ball is not locked in the Sanctum, so that's not the correct behaviour.

How to strenghten the mech that throw up the ball?

#3122 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

When I lock a ball, the ball is grabbed by the magnet. Then the magnet launch the ball inside the Sanctum. Sometimes it happens to me that the ball (alway catched correctly by the magnet) is not thrown up the Sanctum with enough power, so it's not locked and it ends falling down the playfield. The lock is actually counted, but the ball is not locked in the Sanctum, so that's not the correct behaviour.
How to strenghten the mech that throw up the ball?

I think the magnet is adjustable under the playfield. You might be not close enough.

#3123 7 years ago

I would check the switch first. Make sure it is being triggered by drop target and nothing else. When I first got my Shadow I had similar problems. Magnet just engaged for a bit and ball would just fall back down. First thought something was wrong with magnet but it was the switch. Just had to adjust it properly.

#3124 7 years ago

Also make sure that there are no dimples in the wood as that can throw it off. First thing to do is check that the magnet is touching the bottom of the playfield to make sure it's in the correct placement.

#3125 7 years ago

It's amazing how well designed this game is. Each aspect of the playfield has been created with intended purpose.

After owning my Shadow for over a year I was playing this morning and discovered something new... I originally thought the upper flipper has 3 shots (the battlefield, the loop,and the Khan hole). But there is actually a 4th: a clear shot to the Sanctum can be achieved by shooting at the rubber under Khan and ricocheting upward to the lock.

Is this common knowledge?

#3126 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

After owning my Shadow for over a year I was playing this morning and discovered something new... I originally thought the upper flipper has 3 shots (the battlefield, the loop,and the Khan hole). But there is actually a 4th: a clear shot to the Sanctum can be achieved by shooting at the rubber under Khan and ricocheting upward to the lock.

It's a tough shot and the flippers angle has to be perfect.

#3127 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's amazing how well designed this game is. Each aspect of the playfield has been created with intended purpose.

There is a 5th shot: to the mode starter. When the ball comes at quite slow speed with the right angle you can nail it.

#3128 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would check the switch first. Make sure it is being triggered by drop target and nothing else. When I first got my Shadow I had similar problems. Magnet just engaged for a bit and ball would just fall back down. First thought something was wrong with magnet but it was the switch. Just had to adjust it properly.

The ball never get released by the magnet before being launched up. Its always held correctly and then launched up. But sometimes the launch is quite weak and the ball cant make it to the end of the Sanctum, so it falls back and down the playfield.
Can still be dependable from the switch?

#3129 7 years ago

Doesn't sound like a switch issue. The ball launches by dropping the ball slightly then pulsing the Magnet. Assuming there isn't a dimple, just try increasing the incline of your machine. Shadow needs to be at 6.5 degrees, if it is too level, the sanctum won't work.

#3130 7 years ago

Yes the ball drops slightly then its pushed up.

#3131 7 years ago

Hard to say. I just know that the switch is very important for everything to work right. It's easy to check and easy to adjust so a good place to start. I have heard that a dimple in the wood can be an issue. I believe you can also adjust the magnet up and down.

#3132 7 years ago

Have you tried increasing the incline? Any luck?

#3133 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I see, thanks!
And what about the last one? Does it work for you?
On my machine does not work... maybe depends from the software version?

i have not tried it on my machine i will test it next time i have it on and let you know. currently have software version 4 need to update mine

#3134 7 years ago

New Shadow this weekend' seems like a fun game so far.The only problem I seem to have is with
the battlefield.When you turn machine on it goes thru the solenoid process and the targets pop
up and then it seems to stutter but they stay up.During battlefield play the drop targets go down and
don't pop up until you turn off pin and turn it back on.There have been times were it worked fine,but
mostly they stay down Can anyone help with this issue Thank You

#3135 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

New Shadow this weekend' seems like a fun game so far.The only problem I seem to have is with
the battlefield.When you turn machine on it goes thru the solenoid process and the targets pop
up and then it seems to stutter but they stay up.During battlefield play the drop targets go down and
don't pop up until you turn off pin and turn it back on.There have been times were it worked fine,but
mostly they stay down Can anyone help with this issue Thank You

Assuming switches all work fine in the test, your drop targets are likely gummed up. This happened to my Shadow. I took them apart and cleaned them and it fixed the issue.

#3136 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Assuming switches all work fine in the test, your drop targets are likely gummed up. This happened to my Shadow. I took them apart and cleaned them and it fixed the issue.

Plus 1

#3137 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

The ball never get released by the magnet before being launched up. Its always held correctly and then launched up. But sometimes the launch is quite weak and the ball cant make it to the end of the Sanctum, so it falls back and down the playfield.
Can still be dependable from the switch?

I was getting a lot of rattling noise when my magnet would engage. Lift your playfield and loosen the large nut holding the magnet and adjust the magnet so it is closer to the playfield. I did this and the noise went away but it wasn't close enough to the playfield so I had a similar magnet issue like you had. Adjust it a quarter turn at a time until it works right. I did this and have never had the issue since (noise or weak throws).

#3138 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I super glued the rubber to the switch. I don't think I even had to adjust the switches. Just started playing. You're being to cautious. Just go for it. Those airballs kill game play.

#3139 7 years ago

Can thefour bank drop target assembly be removed from the bottom or do you have to remove the battlefield

#3140 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can thefour bank drop target assembly be removed from the bottom or do you have to remove the battlefield

You can remove it from the bottom. it's just a few screws. You shouldn't need to remove the whole battlefield.

#3141 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You have to remove the battlefield to get to screws to remove the 4 bank target. pictures of the screws below

20160313_181026 (resized).jpg20160313_181026 (resized).jpg

#3142 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

You have to remove the battlefield to get to screws to remove the 4 bank target. pictures of the screws below

I was able to remove the drop targets by just flipping up the battlefield. I didn't have to remove completely.

#3143 7 years ago

The good news is the battlefield is easily remove able. If you look closely the battle is a hinge backboard. A few screws and it swings up. Probably the hardest thing is disconnecting the wire connects on the bottom. It's like 5 of them under the playfield. Hope your drop bank doesn't look like mine. Lol

20160313_180817 (resized).jpg20160313_180817 (resized).jpg

#3144 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You can remove it from the bottom. it's just a few screws. You shouldn't need to remove the whole battlefield.

+1. I did this and cleaned mine up. Works better but still have issue where sometimes they don't go down when hit.

#3145 7 years ago

Thanks for pics and info

#3146 7 years ago

My Battlefield has a developed a problem where the paddle is a little hesitant/sticky going from right to left. Left to right is fine. I believe all the mechanical hardware is fine, because it's very smooth in both directions in test mode.

The extra odd thing is I tried a different Fliptronics board, thinking that's the big difference between test mode with the coin door buttons and regular gameplay, and it didn't fix the problem.

Anything else I should be looking at? The game exhibits no other symptoms. Regular flippers all work great.

Thanks.

#3147 7 years ago

I think the battlefield is one point you have to lubricate.

#3148 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

+1. I did this and cleaned mine up. Works better but still have issue where sometimes they don't go down when hit.

And while it is apart, I recommend waxing it so it will go down and up smoother.

#3149 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

This. I think they dont go down when they are hit hard straight on. I think the plastic bends back and forward while the ball is still on it so the target doesn't drop. They are cleaned and are very snappy to drop when testing with a simple push.

I think the GB drops have shown similar behavior?

#3150 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

The good news is the battlefield is easily remove able. If you look closely the battle is a hinge backboard. A few screws and it swings up. Probably the hardest thing is disconnecting the wire connects on the bottom. It's like 5 of them under the playfield. Hope your drop bank doesn't look like mine. Lol

I'm shopping my shadow now. How hard is it to remove drop target assembly for cleaning?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/63?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.