IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 219.
#4301 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's transparent, aren't you just talking about mylar? The decals are non-transparent to cover up burn/wear marks from the magnet.

I think he’s after a Sanctum water slide.

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think he’s after a Sanctum water slide.

Yes, after doing some quick research, that is what I'm looking for. Seems like the best way to do it is print yourself but if anyone knows someone that sells these, let me know!

#4303 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Is there a transparent Sanctum decal? My grey paint looks really good, but the decal I have isnt even close.

Throw some Mylar down and you’re good. Just wax the playfield first, so that the mylar will be more easy to remove if you ever need to (assuming the wax won’t interact badly with your paint).

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Throw some Mylar down and you’re good. Just wax the playfield first, so that the mylar will be more easy to remove if you ever need to (assuming the wax won’t interact badly with your paint).

This is an option too, but I need the lettering "To the Sanctum". My restore of that area, covered the original lettering

#4305 6 years ago

Anyone have the file I would need to print for the water slide Sanctum decal?

#4306 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have the file I would need to print for the water slide Sanctum decal?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/11#post-1357988

#4307 6 years ago

so about to join the club here and I had two LED questions. What type of light do you need for those rings on the ramps? Also - are the majority of insert lights 555 or 47? Same with GI. thanks

#4308 6 years ago

The LEDs under the rings are fixed....Its a bit of work to customize them differently.

For me Personally....as there are many different ways.....

The game looks brilliant in 2 SMD Frosted Sunlight....Likely on sale at Comet now. around 30 GI 44/47 bulbs, just order 50/

If you do any of the inserts Purple, check out Purple Passion. Otherwise color match with the
same, and choose your color for the center modes....your choice, but usually white, Ice Blue, Cyan, or Purple Passion.

#4309 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The LEDs under the rings are fixed....Its a bit of work to customize them differently.
For me Personally....as there are many different ways.....
The game looks brilliant in 2 SMD Frosted Sunlight....Likely on sale at Comet now. around 30 GI 44/47 bulbs, just order 50/
If you do any of the inserts Purple, check out Purple Passion. Otherwise color match with the
same, and choose your color for the center modes....your choice, but usually white, Ice Blue, Cyan, or Purple Passion.

Thanks - so no 555 in the pf? As for the rings, need to replace 1. What is the type of bulb b.c I hear they are super small. Great suggestion with purple passion - I'll likely do that.

#4310 6 years ago

To my memory, no, no #555 on playfield, but If I missed one, youll have extra.

The ring LED is mentioned in this thread, (also modding it) but I think PBL, or Marco has them....
Someone perhaps whose just purchased can comment.

#4311 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - so no 555 in the pf? As for the rings, need to replace 1. What is the type of bulb b.c I hear they are super small. Great suggestion with purple passion - I'll likely do that.

#7268 bulbs for the rings. I cut open some red 555 bulbs and placed them inside the rings until I figure out a better way.

20171125_011747 (resized).png20171125_011747 (resized).png

#4312 6 years ago

I bought some #7268 bulbs since one was burned out. After taking the ring all apart I found out that the bulbs are socketed! Just pull them straight out and stick a new one in.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I bought some #7268 bulbs since one was burned out. After taking the ring all apart I found out that the bulbs are socketed! Just pull them straight out and stick a new one in.

Thanks what's the easiest way then to reach the bulbs? Are you saying it's not necessary to take apart?

#4314 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks what's the easiest way then to reach the bulbs? Are you saying it's not necessary to take apart?

Hey delt31 good to see you here over from The Alien thread, seems we have similar tastes in pins. Have you had Shadow for a while? Yes these are the socketed lights you should use on your rings: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=39

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Super-easy to change. But in my case, two of the white sockets were missing and the bulbs were hot-glued to the rings and the wires soldered directly to the bulb leads

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hey delt31 good to see you here over from The Alien thread, seems we have similar tastes in pins. Have you had Shadow for a while? Yes these are the socketed lights you should use on your rings: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=39

Hey! Good taste! Found a nice one with practically no magnet wear

#4317 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Super-easy to change. But in my case, two of the white sockets were missing and the bulbs were hot-glued to the rings and the wires soldered directly to the bulb leads

Thanks. Assuming they're stock, how would you change them? Can you just reach under then and remove from socket or is there something special?

#4318 6 years ago

A friend found this city scape image and saved it a while ago. I printed and made my own decal. Sorry for the sideways image

IMG-20171124-WA0014 (resized).jpegIMG-20171124-WA0014 (resized).jpeg

IMG-20171124-WA0016 (resized).jpegIMG-20171124-WA0016 (resized).jpeg

#4319 6 years ago

That looks great!

#4320 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

A friend found this city scape image and saved it a while ago. I printed and made my own decal. Sorry for the sideways image

I've created artwork from scratch similar to the Lost Plastic mod. I built it all in vector, fixed the alignment, made window sizes consistent and relative, changed some of the less refined buildings, and added in the halftone sky (vs the smooth gradient). I also used a Pantone-CMYK color book to match against the plastics so when it’s printed out it matches the original colors correctly. I like how the plastic fits with the theme.

E676EDC4-07DD-4954-9B8F-AC7A1E40368F (resized).jpegE676EDC4-07DD-4954-9B8F-AC7A1E40368F (resized).jpeg

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. Assuming they're stock, how would you change them? Can you just reach under then and remove from socket or is there something special?

You just pull the white piece out ..puta new bulb in ..push it back in.

#4322 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for my translite I'm gonna do a small run, just shoot me a PM. As always these days, every time I do one I say it might be the last, but we'll see.

Translite-Plus-Speakers.jpgTranslite-Plus-Speakers.jpg

#4323 6 years ago

Any idea how i can find replacement hardware for the gun grip fasteners? Went to put on the my awesome new wooden grips and realized i was missing one of the sets, then promptly lost the one set i had.

Doh!

#4324 6 years ago

I have an extra decal and plastic set if anyone is interested. PM me. thanks

#4325 6 years ago

Looking for advice, i need to re rivet the flaps on my ramps. Anyone know the correct length of rivet

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Any idea how i can find replacement hardware for the gun grip fasteners? Went to put on the my awesome new wooden grips and realized i was missing one of the sets, then promptly lost the one set i had.
Doh!

PM me, I have a set I think.

#4327 6 years ago

guys - the online manual is missing the rubbers page. Does anyone know the size of the rubbers on the upper playfield that are on each side (they look like rubber rings and are on two metal posts - just can't tell the size). Thanks.

#4328 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - the online manual is missing the rubbers page. Does anyone know the size of the rubbers on the upper playfield that are on each side (they look like rubber rings and are on two metal posts - just can't tell the size). Thanks.

Looks like 1"

https://www.flippers.com/rings/shadow-chart.gif

shadow-chart (resized).pngshadow-chart (resized).png

#4329 6 years ago

Thanks. I ended up buying 4 of each type - why not.

This game has really surprised me. I bought it recently hearing it was a true value and with that alternative art package I decided to give it a shot. Well damn if it doesn't have the best upper PF I've played yet - like alleway and the movie is really downplayed with limited speech (although still some crazy lines). It just works and with the updated LEDs, and some other mods, it's looks really nice. Def holding on to it.....

oh - and there is literally no wear on that magnet and it wasn't relabeled (color matches perfectly) - maybe just lucked out.

#4330 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

oh - any there is literally no wear on that magnet and it wasn't relabeled (color matches perfectly) - maybe just lucked out.

Definitely lucked out. Wear at the sanctum is the #1 problem with The Shadow. Some are REALLY BAD. Maybe yours had the magnet break early in its life and it wasn't on to wear the PF. Whatever the case, congrats! I actually have a Shadow CPR playfield preordered to have ready for when I actually get another Shadow I want to restore. It's a GREAT game.

#4331 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This game has really surprised me. I bought it recently hearing it was a true value and with that alternative art package I decided to give it a shot. Well damn if it doesn't have the best upper PF I've played yet - like alleway and the movie is really downplayed with limited speech (although still some crazy lines). It just works and with the updated LEDs, and some other mods, it's looks really nice. Def holding on to it.....
oh - any there is literally no wear on that magnet and it wasn't relabeled (color matches perfectly) - maybe just lucked out.

delt31 check out the Luppin rules in this thread. You’re welcome

#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You got lucky. If you like it now wait until you get to final battle, its such a rush. Shadow is great bang for your buck.

#4333 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

delt31 check out the luppin rules in this thread. You’re welcome

thanks will def look into it.

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks will def look into it.

Check out my light mod. Post #3572.

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Check out my light mod. Post #3572.

Looks great!

#4336 6 years ago

Here's some pics of her after shopping, LED updates and some other things like mirror blades I removed the plastic over the sanctum temporarily.

Speaking of anything else I can do besides put mylar to protect sanctum spot? Right now it really just has a little mark barley anything. Rest of that pic is shadow from wireform

20171205_233057 (resized).jpg20171205_233057 (resized).jpg
20171205_233125 (resized).jpg20171205_233125 (resized).jpg

20171205_233052 (resized).jpg20171205_233052 (resized).jpg

#4337 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's some pics of her after shopping, LED updates and some other things like mirror blades I removed the plastic over the sanctum temporarily.
Speaking of anything else I can do besides put mylar to protect sanctum spot? Right now it really just has a little mark barley anything. Rest of that pic is shadow from wireform

Nice looking game! I think mylar is all you need.

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Nice looking game! I think mylar is all you need.

Thanks! I'm going to put that decal on (behind the magnet shot) of the city. Potentially adding that mini PF light too. With the new alternate art, this game has really taken off in my mind.

#4339 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! I'm going to put that decal on (behind the magnet shot) of the city. Potentially adding that mini PF light too. With the new alternate art, this game has really taken off in my mind.

Damn you might have a $4k game on your hands when it’s all said and done!

It seriously is the best bang for buck out there though. Wait (and wait and wait) until you beat the final battle. So cool. Also, work on finding the secret laugh mode

#4340 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Damn you might have a $4k game on your hands when it’s all said and done!
It seriously is the best bang for buck out there though. Wait (and wait and wait) until you beat the final battle. So cool. Also, work on finding the secret laugh mode

haha - I would think this shadow falls into that special category I mentioned earlier that would qualify for that. Not sure I've seen one (besides fully restored and redone - and those are in a diff price range) that has very little visible magnet wear. That's on top of everything else (nice condition pf, etc).

Excited to play when I get home. I've updated the rules as well.

#4341 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The backboard decal really makes it pop. Mine was not a decal, but a piece of printed plastic. Looks great. The only other thing you could do is have your wireforms brass plated. I also did a full black nickel trim package on mine and it looks great, but a nice gloss black powder coat would be good.

#4342 6 years ago

so I think I need a new spring for my left diverter. I checked the manual and it says 10-320 extension spring. I didn't see it on pinball life but marco has it. Looks much smaller than expected and it's called red extension spring.

Can someone who has replaced their spring confirm if this is the right part?

Thanks

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-320

#4343 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I think I need a new spring for my left diverter. I checked the manual and it says 10-320 extension spring. I didn't see it on pinball life but marco has it. Looks much smaller than expected and it's called red extension spring.
Can someone who has replaced their spring confirm if this is the right part?
Thanks
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-320

yep

#4344 6 years ago

I have a full set of decals if anyone is looking for them (or might need them in the future). Brand new. PM if interested.

#4345 6 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. I have wanted a Shadow for a long time so I am thrilled. Needs some work on the upper playfield but all in all its in really good shape. I am looking forward to reading through this thread and seeing whats what... Only planned change is the the translight... \
IMG_20171209_170556 (resized).jpgIMG_20171209_170556 (resized).jpg

-Jim

#4346 6 years ago

Tried "ice blue" and "cyan" bulbs in the inserts. Yah or nah?

20171210_224806 (resized).jpg20171210_224806 (resized).jpg

#4347 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Tried "ice blue" and "cyan" bulbs in the inserts. Yah or nah?

I like ice blue better of those two, but still think warm white wins out on the mode inserts. There's enough blue tone surrounding them that I just think they look better with the white letters against black background when they're illuminated.

#4348 6 years ago

I prefer the cyan (more contrast) of the two, but both look good.

#4349 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I like ice blue better of those two, but still think warm white wins out on the mode inserts. There's enough blue tone surrounding them that I just think they look better with the white letters against black background when they're illuminated.

I tried ice blue and other colors and didn't like it. Like fosaisu said, there is a lot of blue in the art so white looks better. I used cool white in mine as well as cool white in gi. Only use warm white to light yellow and orange inserts.

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I tried ice blue and other colors and didn't like it. Like fosaisu said, there is a lot of blue in the art so white looks better. I used cool white in mine as well as cool white in gi. Only use warm white to light yellow and orange inserts.

Opinions differ of course, but I like warm white in Shadow GI and white inserts as it works well with the Art Deco feel and color scheme of the game (I color matched all my inserts, of course). I’d probably save the cool whites for “futuristic” games like DM and JM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.