You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
8F94AD01-7359-4680-A185-636A3817EC1E (resized).jpeg
LEGO_logo.svg (resized).png
d66bdedd7fbd51610fe81b3e56f311ca (resized).jpg
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2U3OTFjMjg2LTliYmQtNDhhNy04NmZlLTc1YWJjMzIwYjQ1MS53ZWJw (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
FE556E6B-966A-4570-AFA9-33291151F055.jpeg
giphy (1).gif
02093C5F-B377-4863-8990-C6BC104B3041 (resized).jpeg
601B2817-3613-48FB-AD66-D93F233AF919 (resized).jpeg
dp8 (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20210915-230726_Chrome (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20210915-230418_Gallery (resized).jpg
303010C9-5D4A-467A-AEB4-8D1E9A253FB3 (resized).jpeg
95958300-6F63-4796-A786-B1D362D6350B (resized).jpeg
8F3B3771-2FE0-43D0-A11C-CAEF4F5CB7B3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Dan, I mean no offense whatsoever but can you listen and have the code completed for Houdini thus fixing the known flipper issue?

What flipper issue?

#43 1 year ago

I thought that’s what their updated power supplies fixed?

3 weeks later
#100 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I am almost certain to never see one of these in person, just curious.

I thought we were going to go to D&B for your birthday? Bummer.

1 year later
#301 7 months ago

Not sure how well LOV will sell for them, but for selfish reasons, I hope to god they make it. Haha. It shoots as good as sterns and the flippers feel great. Shouldn’t be very expensive to make either. Hoping for Hot Wheels pricing or less if they make it.

Make my dreams come true AP!!

#304 7 months ago

For those that haven’t played LOV, here’s a video I did where I showed most of the game on the old revision. I had no idea what I was doing in modes, but there seems to be a lot to do and a good challenge to try and get all the requirements for the wizard mode.

The game is very washed out due to lots of sun I couldn’t battle on the stream. It has very similar lighting to hot wheels. Lots of RGB and a little on the dark side.

The game definitely needs animation help, sound upgrade (some of the sound clips and call outs seemed bad way lite over the speakers), but I fully expect this to be cleaned up in the production game, should they make it.

Here’s to hoping!!

#306 7 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can we get a multi-level playfield? They are extinct in pinball unless you have more than 9K. Joe Balcer your my hero!

Almost all those games are not very fun though. I wouldn’t mind a note mini upper playfield like the Elvis one though. A quick trip that adds a shot or two.

#308 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Beg to differ - POTC and WOZ have pretty well-integrated upper playfields that are fun

POTCs would be better if it didn’t rock. I like the right one of WOZ. The left one not so much. They should’ve only done one of them.

#312 7 months ago

It’s too much. Cool effect until you play it. Gets old SO fast. Have it never rock or only rock at certain moments. It would make it more impactful.

#314 7 months ago

When you have a cool feature like that, I think less is more. But don’t make it so infrequent that most players never experience it. The hyper loop on SW is too infrequent, the rocking ship is too much. The UV in STH is just right.

Another awesome thing about LOV. It has magnets that are great. They are offset in the top portion of the game. Let’s that Kracken area give an awesome effect on the balls without ever screwing the player over with cheap magnet fling drains.

#324 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

ACNC has one of the best upper playfields in pinball IMO! It's one of the main reasons I hang on to it!

Definitely. So good GNR copied it. Haha

#339 6 months ago

Rumors on when the next game will be announced?

1 month later
#381 5 months ago

That wouldn’t sell. American needs to run a good licensed theme. Hot wheels was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be a theme people will buy pretty much no matter what.

If they did Sherlock or say Legends of Valhalla, that would have to be the other game they do during the year as it wouldn’t sell nearly as much, but would help create more offerings like stern does.

2 weeks later
#408 4 months ago

It’s pretty easy and repeatable to backhand the left scoop from the left flipper. I can do it at will now. Shooter lane shot is hard, but rarely has rejects.

1 week later
#449 4 months ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Run-DMC (also spelled Run-D.M.C.) was an American hip hop group from Hollis, Queens, New York
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-DMC
I'll be honest though, I don't know the difference between the two.

They are essentially the same, with hip hop being more of a multifaceted term while rap was born from hip hop.

Give me a 90s hip hop game with all the top groups. That would be amazing.

2 weeks later
#516 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Was going to ask the same question. And in addition, what type of games are they? Long playing Hobbit style, brutal fast TWD style etc?

they are all long players. Houdini and Oktoberfest are games that are easy to live, hard to prosper games.

Hot wheels is much easier to make shots so it’s more about going after all the risk/reward it offers.

The other two it’s hard enough to make shots let alone go after lots of strategies.

I enjoy all of them.

1 week later
#525 3 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

In the very least we’ll know by August because AP reserved a spot at Southern Fried Gaming for their 4th game.

That’s been taken down. Looks like there was a miscommunication.

#540 3 months ago

Yeah. Stills for sure. Not really animations right now. If they beef that up as well as the music and callouts, look out.

#542 3 months ago

Best use of magnets I’ve ever seen in a game. For sure.

1 week later
#578 3 months ago

I hope it would be just a manufacture of the current game with added support for LCD work and music and callouts. Leave the rest alone.

#581 3 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Seconded. Haven't played but have watched enough video to know the layout and mechs are incredible and really it just needs animations and storytelling help. Could maybe see adjusting one of the mode start shots to be more accessible, but at the same time there are three of them so plenty of opportunities to get going and lots to do outside of modes as well.

On the one by me, the left mode Star shot under the flipper is a very safe backhand from the bottom left flipper.

Decent amount of rejects if you go after the shooter lane one from a forehand though.

#584 3 months ago

Excuse me sir. Avatar and NBA are some of the greatest games ever made. Haha

#587 3 months ago

Oh I’m familiar with Del. I like your style.

#590 3 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Anyone know a video that shows the ship on LOV doing something?

The ship doesn’t move, it’s a physical ball lock that is fed from the side ramp via the upper flipper. Lock three balls there for multiball.

#593 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hear that if you get drunk enough it rocks side-to-side.

Ship-gate. DOES IT MOVE?!?

#596 3 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

There's already a good amount in it! Ship lock, Thor's hammer, Kraken magnets...

But where’s the magic? I want to see the ball do something magical!

#599 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

6 months left with the promise of 2 pins. This is going to be interesting!

Oh they are definitely only doing one game in this year. I thought they already confirmed that?

#603 3 months ago

I’m also I’m the camp that these will be ready to ship day 1.

2 weeks later
#623 3 months ago

I think it would be cool to run two games at once. Have the lesser popular unlicensed theme for the sugars fans, then a killer licensed theme to get the hype and FOMO going.

#627 3 months ago

I think it would also be cool for them to do two versions. Their regular version, then one LE version that has different trim, unique cabinet art and backglass and unique art blades only to that mode. Everything else is the same.

1 month later
#679 51 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

how will it fare as an unlicensed theme?

Similar to Houdini and Oktoberfest.

#681 51 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

If a game is fun and has the world famous "just one more game" quality the game will sell itself . Yes, licenses can draw you in but the gameplay keeps you.

Agreed. I’m super pumped they are probably going to make it, but licenses are what sell games, so I expect the sales of LOV to be on the low end.

#684 51 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Do you think we'll see improved art? Improved callouts? What do you expect to make this 'production ready'?
I think the art is decent but still looks a bit 'advanced amateur'.

Art not so much. Yes on the rest. Hoping for lots of additions in LCD work, callouts, sounds and music. Animations too.

#687 51 days ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

They’d better clean up the art :-/

I love the playfield art. Scott does awesome work.

#690 50 days ago

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. Franchi is best at drawing real stuff. I hope Scott’s work stays if this game is made.

#693 50 days ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

Guess so! Franchi’s graphic design and comic style work is awesome too. And it looks appropriate for a $8-10k pin. [quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer pretty much everything else I’ve seen from him to these two examples.

#697 50 days ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

Interesting opinions! Curious - what games have your fav art packages?

Xmen Wolverine LE is one of my favorites (backglass and cabinet only. Playfield is meh)

Pretty much anything Yeti does. Hard not to like his stuff.

Sword of rage is good all around.

Older games? Whitewater is really good. MM is good.

2 weeks later
#732 31 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

How does Legends of Valhalla stack up in shot variety?

Left scoop (bottom)
Under left upper flipper
Left orbit
Left ramp
Spinner to the right of the left ramp
Center ramp
Horseshoe under the ship
Side ramp
Right orbit
Shot below the right orbit back to the shooter lane.

I hope they keep LOV to 6k or under if they make it. They will have trouble selling a lot even at that price. If they are 7k, they won’t sell many at all.

I’m only interested at 6k or less. If they can undercut sterns pro significantly that might get a lot to flock to them on price alone.

#745 29 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

One Houdini just showed up in stock at Nitro -- $7,350.00. Is that a price increase?

I don’t think so.

#747 29 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

Mine loaded with shaker, non glare glass and art blades was right at $7k in 2018

From AP? Dang. Didn’t realize they were ever that cheap NIB.

1 week later
#763 17 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No wonder you have bagged on AP before

Huh?

#768 17 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've gotten an invite to it. Unfortunately can't go.
It would be exciting to see a new pin there.
LTG : )

Yeah. That sounds like a good time.

I’m hoping they bring some to Pincinnati! We shall see.

#789 17 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Probably wishful thinking, but am I the only one hoping that there might be 2 games announced at Expo by API?

I was kinda thinking this same thing. Would be very exciting!

#831 16 days ago

Toy story is amazing. I’m absolutely asking for it. Haha.

#846 16 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'll be over when you order it. We can both sing Randy Newman's "you got a friend in me" over and over and over while we play....

Literally plays once during the movie for like a minute. I can see why you don’t like it though. Everyone that is in their mid 30s has seen this movie like 200 times.

#855 15 days ago

It’s pretty good. No BS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside