IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 94.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I’d be stoked for a Sherlock Holmes from AP. I hope you’re right.

LTG is just messing with you, based on the comments from David Fixx and Nordman its a game from an outside designer and I doubt they found someone who already had a Sherlock game nearly in the bag. I guess they could be re-theming LOV but that seems pretty unlikely.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

LTG is just messing with you, based on the comments from David Fixx and Nordman its a game from an outside designer and I doubt they found someone who already had a Sherlock game nearly in the bag. I guess they could be re-theming LOV but that seems pretty unlikely.

Well, I’d be happy with LOV also. Beyond that, it’d be a wait and see situation.

#353 3 years ago

I’d be stoked for a Sherlock Holmes from AP.

Assuming they learn from their first three releases and combine the best of all of them, I think AP’s next release could be fantastic no matter what the theme may be. For example, the made big strides with the animations on Hot Wheels.

#354 3 years ago

I’d be stoked for a Sherlock Holmes from AP. I hope you’re right.

Me too. Especially if you could be Sherlock or Moriarty.

And rosh could wear his deerstalker hat at shows.

LTG : )

#355 3 years ago

A lot changend on all the AP games since the release. These guys still release absolutly amazing updates for example houdini with improved lightshows new sound effects etc. Houdini is amazing now, it's so packed with features, modes and quality.

I also hope they will make some unusual features or first of its art features again

I love that the display is not in the middle on my hot wheels as i like it on my cirqus voltaire !

#356 3 years ago

While somewhat compelling, I just don't envision Sherlock Holmes generating a ton of excitement.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Assuming they learn from their first three releases and combine the best of all of them, I think AP’s next release could be fantastic no matter what the theme may be. For example, the made big strides with the animations on Hot Wheels.

They didn't create the animations in Hot wheels,they were supplied. The easy stuff that is hard to mess up like track connections and game rule explanation they did.

#358 3 years ago

Had a great idea the other night playing Houdini. Stick with another victorian era theme and make Titanic. Who's not going to buy that? Another deep story line and rules with a nautical theme. I want to hear ship bells ringing and a horn.

#359 3 years ago

A Titanic, themed old style or a little steam punk like Houdini might be pretty good. But then we might as well have Sherlock Holmes.

I think we will see something different though. I am probably in whatever it is. Hope what ever the game is that it is not real far off from release. I sold some games recently so I definitely have room for a game or two. Let's go AP. Fill up that first slot for me.

#360 3 years ago

I need a new game in my basement. Help a guy out AP.

#361 3 years ago

Dear American Pinball: I want to buy a Sherlock Holmes game.

#362 3 years ago

So are we going to have an announcement soon?

#363 3 years ago

Soon sounds like a good idea to me. I'd like to see an announcement as soon as they can do it.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Dear American Pinball: I want to buy a Sherlock Holmes game.

I noticed the other day that AP updated the trademark filing for this recently. There’s hope!

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I noticed the other day that AP updated the trademark filing for this recently. There’s hope!

It's a no brainer. While Josh ( rosh ) is a huge fan of Sherlock. With Dennis Nordman in the mix, you just know Dennis has been dying to walk around a pinball show with a deerstalker hat on and a meerschaum pipe in his hand.

Just a question of which AP guy wears the Moriarty outfit.

1 week later
#366 2 years ago

So quiet. Anything percolating?

#367 2 years ago

I thought the rumor was something could get announced in May or something....they hired new people....what is next guys?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I thought the rumor was something could get announced in May or something....they hired new people....what is next guys?

More waiting :-p

#369 2 years ago

Funny everyone seems to know the next game for Ster,Haggis,Cgc. AP will be a surprise. The way it should be.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Funny everyone seems to know the next game for Ster,Haggis,Cgc. AP will be a surprise. The way it should be.

I think it will be a surprise only if it isn't Sherlock Holmes.

#371 2 years ago

I wonder with Nordman in the mix. If all previous teases might be gone and new things flowing ?

#372 2 years ago

Bloody hope so.

#373 2 years ago

I'm the opposite, I'd be totally shocked if it IS Sherlock Holmes. I think it will be Sonic Spinball.

P.S. I don't really think it will be Sonic but I don't think that one's been mentioned in this thread yet.

#374 2 years ago

Day one LE buyer here for an Assassins' Creed. Missions and battles, shit yeah.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm the opposite, I'd be totally shocked if it IS Sherlock Holmes. I think it will be Sonic Spinball.
P.S. I don't really think it will be Sonic but I don't think that one's been mentioned in this thread yet.

Yeah, I don't see Sonic. But one of the strongest arguments against it being Sherlock is (in my opinion) that they already did Houdini, which is of a similar time period, genre, etc. It seems Sherlock would be more a sequel to Houdini than something new and original on it's own. But don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a Sherlock pin and would definitely buy one.

#376 2 years ago

GNR shipping
Alien now being sold shipped.
Fathom orders are open.
Mando a week or so away.
Spooky is a month or so away from anouncing.
CGC? Cactus Canyon mayby? Some day soon?

I'm rooting for American, but I'd hate to see them last out of the gate in 2021, with so much pent up new game interest. In the fall, pinball pockets might be empty.
I'm waiting to buy anything until Spooky announces.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

GNR shipping
Alien now being sold shipped.
Fathom orders are open.
Mando a week or so away.
Spooky is a month or so away from anouncing.
CGC? Cactus Canyon mayby? Some day soon?
I'm rooting for American, but I'd hate to see them last out of the gate in 2021, with so much pent up new game interest. In the fall, pinball pockets might be empty.
I'm waiting to buy anything until Spooky announces.

It's already the fall?

#378 2 years ago

I eagerly await the next one to, and I haven't had a chance to play Hot Wheels yet. I'm so behind on playing a few new titles...

#379 2 years ago

Yeah, I don't see Sonic. But one of the strongest arguments against it being Sherlock is (in my opinion) that they already did Houdini, which is of a similar time period, genre, etc. It seems Sherlock would be more a sequel to Houdini than something new and original on it's own. But don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a Sherlock pin and would definitely buy one.

Educate me, please. I obviously know the general idea of solving mysteries, but where would the compelling storyline/energy come from in a Sherlock pin? Definitely open to it, but certainly curious.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Educate me, please. I obviously know the general idea of solving mysteries, but where would the compelling storyline/energy come from in a Sherlock pin? Definitely open to it, but certainly curious.

Well I’m no pinball designer, but I would think it could work like a Who Dunnit only better.

#381 2 years ago

That wouldn’t sell. American needs to run a good licensed theme. Hot wheels was a step in the right direction, but it needs to be a theme people will buy pretty much no matter what.

If they did Sherlock or say Legends of Valhalla, that would have to be the other game they do during the year as it wouldn’t sell nearly as much, but would help create more offerings like stern does.

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I eagerly await the next one to, and I haven't had a chance to play Hot Wheels yet. I'm so behind on playing a few new titles...

I played Hot Wheels out on location today- it’s a fun pin! Bright and colorful, fast and fun layout. Great American Pinball build quality. You should definitely check one out! Definitely looking forward to the new title.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, well most of Doyle’s stories and characters are. Some of the later Holmes stories are not in the public domain yet.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Had a great idea the other night playing Houdini. Stick with another victorian era theme and make Titanic. Who's not going to buy that? Another deep story line and rules with a nautical theme. I want to hear ship bells ringing and a horn.

You can be the ice berg and have to sink the titanic then??? Don’t think titanic would get people too excited. Maybe if it was released when the movie came out, but not now IMO

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I am waiting as well because I am limited in my new pinball budget and if Godzilla comes out I may have to see if my money goes there instead of towards the next AP machine. Love the Forbidden Planet pin picture btw.

Hopefully Godzilla gets announced this fall.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You can be the ice berg and have to sink the titanic then??? Don’t think titanic would get people too excited. Maybe if it was released when the movie came out, but not now IMO

More of a sherlock holmes aboard Titanic. You have to solve mysteries on the ship before it sinks. There was a great video game done on this 25 years ago similar to Clue.

#387 2 years ago

I just saw the news that Joe Balcer and Jeff Busch are now working with Homepin but I haven't had time to listen to that yet so I don't know if they were actually hired by them or just working as contractors (I assume the later). I wonder if that will affect the planned 6th game from API.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just saw the news that Joe Balcer and Jeff Busch are now working with Homepin but I haven't had time to listen to that yet so I don't know if they were actually hired by them or just working as contractors (I assume the later). I wonder if that will affect the planned 6th game from API.

I heard that a few days ago. I think Balcer is now a "gun for hire". I don't know about Busch. And I, too, wonder how that will affect API's next game. I don't think Balcer is supposed to be involved with it. I'll bet Nordman will play a big part in it though.

#389 2 years ago

Get #4 on the line, box em up and send me one.

#390 2 years ago

I heard that a few days ago. I think Balcer is now a "gun for hire". I don't know about Busch. And I, too, wonder how that will affect API's next game. I don't think Balcer is supposed to be involved with it. I'll bet Nordman will play a big part in it though.

Correct, according the the podcast with Fixx and Nordman the next game is from a "young, new designer" and then a Nordman game followed by the Balcer one which would have been #4. Joe was no longer an employee of AP but was working under contract now.

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, well most of Doyle’s stories and characters are. Some of the later Holmes stories are not in the public domain yet.

True but you can (and should) trademark Sherlock Holmes branded merchandise like pinball machines, which is different than the character being public domain.

https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4808:kze2kg.2.2

Word Mark SHERLOCK HOLMES
Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Pinball games; Pinball machines; Pinball machines; Pinball-type games
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 90242280
Filing Date October 8, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) American Pinball Inc. CORPORATION ILLINOIS 500 S Hicks Rd, Suite 100 Palatine ILLINOIS 60067
Attorney of Record Steven Marsh
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Poker Run, Valkyries, Robin Hood, and their previous Sherlock Holmes filings from Jan 2019 are all dead but Sherlock Holmes was updated last October.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Day one LE buyer here for an Assassins' Creed. Missions and battles, shit yeah.

Yes yes YES assassin's my all time favorite video game I love Enzio Auditore from No2 been waiting for a remastered black flag for yrs but a pinball machine with all the games man that's sick or just based of the movie I picture the playfield dark while your in a video mode an hiding in a stack of hay an the whole playfield goes red when u assassinate someone in a trailing mission an could do a mad eagle topper like a judge dreed would realte to alot of gamers that would cash in on there first machine an start the craze or pester parents to get one cos zero manufacturers since gottliebs mario brothers have done games like a true video console based game has not been done video game based themes it's gotta be fool proof

e.g legend of Zelda
Pokemon
Halo
Call of duty

I understand the rights to buy in are huge an probs why I mean alot of gameing compeys wouldn't wanna deal with Ubisoft or EA let one a pinball company I guess probably really risky

#393 2 years ago

Never played the game, but like the movie and book.

1 week later
#394 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Get #4 on the line, box em up and send me one.

Are we almost there yet ?

#395 2 years ago

I hope so. I want to see a great game drop from American Pinball!

#396 2 years ago

Since Stern announced Mandalorian as the new title, I know it will be some more time until they release Welk - so I have another spot open right now ! One of the few times I could actually add 2 or 3 games without having to move one out to my son's place or sell something. Let's go AP - help me out.

I would like to see AP game #4 fill a spot for me soon. Let's do it.

#397 2 years ago

The next API pin...

greatest_american_hero (resized).pnggreatest_american_hero (resized).png
#398 2 years ago

Just a little hint ! That's all we want. Come on Mr. Dave Fix.

#399 2 years ago

Getting a new Furnace and Air Conditioner next month - but that won't stop me from buying a pinball machine.

Come on AP - I'd enjoy a new pin a lot more than the New Furnace.

#400 2 years ago

Furnace and AC now scheduled for 3rd week of June. @ AP can you get me the next new title by then ??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,664 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.