PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9061 (resized).jpeg
Barry O's BBQ Challenge - American Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
Barry O's BBQ (resized).JPG
8F298594-E87C-4700-A998-87D3C39CBED8 (resized).jpeg
not-like-this-matrix.gif

There are 4,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 90.
#1 4 years ago

Since buying my Houdini I've been obsessed with American Pinball. I've heard buzz that they will announce their next game this month. Anybody else heard this? And I guess it's between Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, Valkyries and Poker Run. Any thoughts on which one it will be?

#2 4 years ago

Ugh, hopefully none of those.

#3 4 years ago

Elementary my dear Watson. We may find out 6:30pm this Thursday.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I owned a Houdini for a year and really enjoyed it. I think AP builds a high quality machine. Sherlock Holmes would be a great pin title. Excited to see what they offer.

#5 4 years ago

Of the three, I’d put my money on Sherlock Holmes. However, I hope we are all surprised.

#6 4 years ago

Huck Finn
Hamlet
The Ten Commandments
Pirates
Captain Outer Space
Rock n Roll
Pro Baseball!
Santa Claus' Revenge
Hannuka Harry's Holiday Fun Bash
Tarzan
Fast Cars That Kind of Look Like Ones You Recognize Driving Quickly & Angrily

#7 4 years ago
eew2 (resized).jpgeew2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Special When Lit podcast reported that American Pinball's next game is not a pinball Some sort of big redemption (ticket) game, they wouldn't give any info past that. Disappointing that they're putting time/effort into redemption games but hopefully it makes them a ton of money they can roll back into pinball development.

#9 4 years ago

Wow! That's extremely disappointing. I hope the podcast is wrong. I'm looking to buy one more awesome game for my collection next year. I was thinking it would be Sherlock Holmes or Robin Hood from American, but if they spend the year making a ticket redemption game I guess I'll look elsewhere for my next game. Thanks for posting that update.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Wow! That's extremely disappointing. I hope the podcast is wrong. I'm looking to buy one more awesome game for my collection next year. I was thinking it would be Sherlock Holmes or Robin Hood from American, but if they spend the year making a ticket redemption game I guess I'll look elsewhere for my next game. Thanks for posting that update.

It was stated as fact, sounded like the guys on the podcast had seen the new game in person but didn't want to say anymore than that until American makes an official announcement. Very disappointing for me too, was really hoping for another cool pin out of them in the near future.

#11 4 years ago

You can work on two things at the same time you know!

#12 4 years ago

Personally I think it makes sense to introduce pin-style large format redemption games, sort of like the newer pitch and bats or the Pac Man head-to-head that is coming to Round 1s in America. If you go into a FEC, if they even have pins, pinball is the smallest game there by a big margin. I don't see why it has to be an all-or-nothing, traditional cab or bust approach.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Personally I think it makes sense to introduce pin-style large format redemption games, sort of like the newer pitch and bats or the Pac Man head-to-head that is coming to Round 1s in America. If you go into a FEC, if they even have pins, pinball is the smallest game there by a big margin. I don't see why it has to be an all-or-nothing, traditional cab or bust approach.

Or you know you can work on two different types of new games at the same time

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Or you know you can work on two different types of new games at the same time

I think Dan might be trying to say they can do two things at the same time... I can attest to this - at Expo I saw him drinking a beer AND playing Oktoberfest - go figure these folks are uber talented !

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I think Dan might be trying to say they can do two things at the same time... I can attest to this - at Expo I saw him drinking a beer AND playing Oktoberfest - go figure these folks are uber talented !

Thanks Joe you are one of the good ones!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

You can work on two things at the same time you know!

No, impossible If there's more pinball in the pipeline then it's all good, I've just got a personal vendetta against redemption games after watching every arcade I grew up with turn into child-gambling venues. Would suck to see a cool company go that way too, but I won't get too worried until the name changes to American Amusement.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

If there's more pinball in the pipeline then it's all good

This I can 100% confirm

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

This I can 100% confirm

Phew, now I can speculate on the redemption game in good faith. Special When Lit mentioned the footprint of the game is huge, I'm really hoping for one of the Japanese style marble-pushers with tons of trails + ramps. Had a blast playing those with my girlfriend while over there recently. Any idea when the redemption game reveal will be, or when we'll get any info on the next pin?

#19 4 years ago

I do hope whatever the redemption machine is is a money maker! See if you can get some into Great Wolf Lodge locations. I am always disappointed when we go there for kid birthdays and they don’t have pinball. But they have A LOT of redemption machines. D&B obviously too but I’m sure that’s a tougher hill to climb

That said, I will admire the redemption machine from afar while I bid my time for the next pinball!! Still have an open spot for Oktoberfest I will be filling next year some time...

#20 4 years ago

Any idea when the redemption game reveal will be, or when we'll get any info on the next pin?

Soon and not as soon but not terribly far either.

#21 4 years ago

I visited the American pinball factory and met with the team during expo. They were hard at work building Oktoberfest and busy attending expo. I did see the redemption game they’re working on and it is much larger than a pin. Very interesting concept. It should be revealed soon. The team at American pinball was very inviting and extremely nice, I enjoyed my visit. Unfortunately the doors to PIN number 3 was locked......

#22 4 years ago

I know the most prevalent rumor is that it will be SH but based on Josh's comments about themes he loves on one podcast I listened to I don't think it will be next. He mentioned that it would be one of his "grail" themes and they would need a LOT of time to work on it get it to a level he would be willing to accept so my guess is we see something else as their next pin and maybe SH in another year or so if they are working on it in the background / simultaneously. This is all just rampant conjecture and guessing on my part but that's what these threads are for, right?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

This I can 100% confirm

Ok. I feel much better now. Thank you, Dan. American is rapidly becoming my favorite pinball creator and I hated to think they were abandoning pinball for redemption games...like Williams did for slot machines.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know the most prevalent rumor is that it will be SH but based on Josh's comments about themes he loves on one podcast I listened to I don't think it will be next. He mentioned that it would be one of his "grail" themes and they would need a LOT of time to work on it get it to a level he would be willing to accept so my guess is we see something else as their next pin and maybe SH in another year or so if they are working on it in the background / simultaneously. This is all just rampant conjecture and guessing on my part but that's what these threads are for, right?

After their recent Facebook post about the code update w/ a picture of Matrix-style green binary, I can't get the idea of a Matrix pin out of my head. They'd be the company to do it right.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I do hope whatever the redemption machine is is a money maker! See if you can get some into Great Wolf Lodge locations. I am always disappointed when we go there for kid birthdays and they don’t have pinball. But they have A LOT of redemption machines. D&B obviously too but I’m sure that’s a tougher hill to climb
That said, I will admire the redemption machine from afar while I bid my time for the next pinball!! Still have an open spot for Oktoberfest I will be filling next year some time...

The arcades in Great Wolf Lodges are run by Family Entertainment Group LLC (they bought out Cleveland Coin Machine Exchange back in 2011).

https://fegllc.com/partners/

If you want pinballs in there, you'd have to talk to Family Entertainment Group. Seems they want tons of redemption machines in their arcades.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The arcades in Great Wolf Lodges are run by Family Entertainment Group LLC (they bought out Cleveland Coin Machine Exchange back in 2011).
https://fegllc.com/partners/
If you want pinballs in there, you'd have to talk to Family Entertainment Group. Seems they want tons of redemption machines in their arcades.

Interesting! Thx for the link

#27 4 years ago

After their recent Facebook post about the code update w/ a picture of Matrix-style green binary, I can't get the idea of a Matrix pin out of my head. They'd be the company to do it right.

Wow. When we were speculating about Stern doing Matrix, that’s was a non-starter for me. JJP yes, high price, certainly. But AP’s mix of crazy packed machines and DEEEEEEEEEEP code would be a dream for that type of license. Damn.

#28 4 years ago

I’ll never play the redemption game, but I’m all for it from a business standpoint. If it makes AP money that they can use to further pins, that’s all that matters to me. They have made two great pins and I definitely hope to see more!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Elementary my dear Watson. We may find out 6:30pm this Thursday.

I think you let the cat out of the bag there Lloyd

#30 4 years ago

I'm just assuming that clue would be WAY too obvious and it was a complete mis-direction.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm just assuming that clue would be WAY too obvious and it was a complete mis-direction.

Would I do that? either intentionally or unintentionally?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Would I do that? either intentionally or unintentionally?

Uh, YES LOL

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I think you let the cat out of the bag there Lloyd

No, wishful thinking. Knowing Josh ( Rosh ) is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, which I think would translate into a really great game.

#34 4 years ago

As a Houdini owner and fan of American, I really, really hope that you guys have gotten the message that the art packages and animations need to improve. I've never really gotten the impression that you (API) get it yet. I continue to hear this complaint on every podcast I listen to. Bring some people in and get some feedback before you commit to the art and animation style!

Hopefully you grabbed Franchi now that he's a free agent. A Sherlock Holmes art package from a Franchi would go a long way to repairing that reputation.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

As a Houdini owner and fan of American, I really, really hope that you guys have gotten the message that the art packages and animations need to improve. I've never really gotten the impression that you (API) get it yet. I continue to hear this complaint on every podcast I listen to. Bring some people in and get some feedback before you commit to the art and animation style!
Hopefully you grabbed Franchi now that he's a free agent. A Sherlock Holmes art package from a Franchi would go a long way to repairing that reputation.

Franchi is a contractor and is currently working for CGC.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Have you seen the Oktoberfest animation in the new code update? we listen!
We also listen to the people who really like the art packages of the first two games
We have a lot more eyes on game #3 than our first two games so a lot more imput.
I think most people (you can't please 100% of the people) will really like the art and animation package for game #3

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Have you seen the Oktoberfest animation in the new code update? we listen!
We also listen to the people who really like the art packages of the first two games

Dan, I mean no offense whatsoever but can you listen and have the code completed for Houdini thus fixing the known flipper issue?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...Fast Cars That Kind of Look Like Ones You Recognize Driving Quickly & Angrily

I hope it's that one!

When does that one come out????

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Dan, I mean no offense whatsoever but can you listen and have the code completed for Houdini thus fixing the known flipper issue?

What flipper issue?

#40 4 years ago

Licensed Sherlock Holmes with movie assets (RDJ and Jude Law) would be awesome. Probably more obtainable than your average blockbuster.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Knowing Josh ( Rosh ) is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, which I think would translate into a really great game.

Yes, I agree. It's about time Sir Basil Rathbone finally gets all the respect he deserves.
hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What flipper issue?

When the machine is really going to town firing solenoids or lots of balls happening, an errant ball can knock the flipper down and make the flipper feel like there’s no power to it, so it throws off your game when you expect the flipper to blast off the ball, but instead it kind of lazily taps it away. It seemed related to the P-Roc system (not sure if hardware or software specifically). Josh said he was looking into it a few months ago but he is really really busy I’m sure.

It doesn’t really occur all that often, and even less frequently does it wreck a specific game. But it feels really weird on the flipper when it does happen.

That said - can’t wait for the next game !!

#43 4 years ago

I thought that’s what their updated power supplies fixed?

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When the machine is really going to town firing solenoids or lots of balls happening, an errant ball can knock the flipper down and make the flipper feel like there’s no power to it, so it throws off your game when you expect the flipper to blast off the ball, but instead it kind of lazily taps it away. It seemed related to the P-Roc system (not sure if hardware or software specifically). Josh said he was looking into it a few months ago but he is really really busy I’m sure.
It doesn’t really occur all that often, and even less frequently does it wreck a specific game. But it feels really weird on the flipper when it does happen.
That said - can’t wait for the next game !!

Does your machine have "End-of-Stroke" switches installed on the flipper assemblies? Do you have the additional power supply installed? Do you have the latest game code installed?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Does your machine have "End-of-Stroke" switches installed on the flipper assemblies? Do you have the additional power supply installed? Do you have the latest game code installed?

Yes, yes and yes - still have the issue as well. I'd gladly invite the API folks to my house to play mine and see it first hand.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, yes and yes - still have the issue as well. I'd gladly invite the API folks to my house to play mine and see it first hand.

Have you reached out to Barry yet? [email protected]
I believe this is has been fixed though I could be wrong

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Yep. And I will say that the power supply is really what made the difference. I really don’t have the issue any longer - I don’t feel like the EOS Switches did anything (just like Rosh said). It’s a dramatic upgrade to get the power supply enhancement. Totally worth it and really does pretty much take care of the issue. It doesn’t totally -eliminate- it, but it is super rare now that I have the issue, and it never wrecks a game or anything.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Quoted from DanDanDAN:

No, there are some additional low level software changes identified as an affect of the P-Roc board (not saying P-Roc CAUSES it, just that the combo of the board with the software or drivers as currently written seem to cause it). Anyway, as I clarified above it’s almost nonexistent for me

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No, there are some additional low level software changes identified as an affect of the P-Roc board (not saying P-Roc CAUSES it, just that the combo of the board with the software or drivers as currently written seem to cause it). Anyway, as I clarified above it’s almost nonexistent for me

If you haven't already send the logs when it happened or next happens to Josh
I'll ask him about it when I next see him

#50 4 years ago

Forget Sherlock, bring on Columbo!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.