nirmal (resized).jpeg
fix_shopping_at_TPF (resized).jpg
PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 91.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wow, tough crowd. The teaser seemed fine to me.

Exactly. A “teaser” trailer is not the full reveal. It’s just enough to gain interest and get people talking

#2152 1 year ago

I’m into old school sci fi, so the music and graphics get a thumbs up from me

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I mean, the name "Galactic Tank Force" makes me smile.
And why the assumption that the tanks are fighting in space, and we aren't invading an alien planet, with an atmosphere, and unleashing tank hell on them? Because we need their resources, and we already got too many people on our our ships that need said resources already as is, so of course the occupying alien race gots to die, via tanks, and such and so forth.

Essentially the drop ship vehicle in Aliens which was awesome!

#2154 1 year ago

Seems kinda obvious there'd be landing forces, not literally tanks in space. Be kinda fun to land and conquer alien planets, I presume fighting their tank forces too. Hope it's not too satirical and cheesy...

#2155 1 year ago

Why do I get the sense this might be my next game? Love this type of theme and also love the price points AP machines are normally offered at.

#2156 1 year ago

I don’t get the GTF theme. Do the words Galactic Tank Force bring a smile to my face? No, they do not. After watching trailer, will need to see what AP comes up with but my imagination has pretty much pounced on and collared expectations for this pin. Am highly curious to see the cabinet, though.

#2157 1 year ago

With Nordman on board, and the quality from American, I'm very interested to see how this turns out. AP could be a sleeper company over the next few years, given their new team. It would be great to see them remake BBB as well.

#2158 1 year ago

That teaser is a joke. I have no idea who any of those people are and it gave me no sense of what theme or idea they are selling in a pinball machine. However, if Nordman is involved I’m intrigued to say the least.

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

With Nordman on board, and the quality from American, I'm very interested to see how this turns out. AP could be a sleeper company over the next few years, given their new team. It would be great to see them remake BBB as well.

Don’t forget Franchi Metaluna5 - guaranteed to be a looker!

FYI…my B66 came with same trading card as your avatar!

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Don’t forget Franchi Metaluna5 - guaranteed to be a looker!
FYI…my B66 came with same trading card as your avatar!

That was my first BM66, apparently now on the floor at Next Level in Hillsboro. Shoulda kept that one! Agree on Franchi, he is fantastic. I was just playing the tank mode on my Heighway Alien, original design by Nordman.

#2161 1 year ago

I'm excited about this game and can't wait to see it. I'm on the list and hope it looks worthy of my money when the full release happens. Passing on FF, Scooby and anything JJP for this cycle.

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Wow, tough crowd. The teaser seemed fine to me.

Same here. First thing I thought of was the "Forbidden Planet" movie (which was darn pretty slick, given it is a 1956 movie) or a campy sci-fi movie made in the 50's.

#2163 1 year ago

All I I ow is that I’m frickin excited to see this game! I’m an admitted stern fan boy but this them is very intriguing! Bring on the details

#2164 1 year ago

#2165 1 year ago

Mhmm... I don't get it. Teaser shows some things, like music and a bit of the art direction, definitely some retro vibes... Old school scifi...
I feel people already decided, not even seeing a pic of the game.

I am excited to see more.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Exactly. A “teaser” trailer is not the full reveal. It’s just enough to gain interest and get people talking

I get what you are saying, but I don’t think the teaser was done in a way to gain a lot of interest. I’m not being critical to be critical. It’s just my opinion. I don’t think the trailer was well done.

#2167 1 year ago

I really like what I have seen so far and is as collectors need to rally behind American because they keep their price point lower for us as collectors while some other companies are trying to just constantly raise their prices and give us nothing for it

#2168 1 year ago

I get that a teaser is meant to get people talking, but is anyone talking about this voice acting cast? No offense to the actors, but Id imagine not many know those names, and far more people clicked to see art.

A slow pan of a cabinet decal with that music would have been more effective to that end IMO.

I want this game to be a runaway game of the year success too, I love Franchi art, Nordman, and original themes, so this isnt coming from a hateful place.

#2169 1 year ago

Am I the only one seeing the connection here with the art, theme, and odd title?

SmartSelect_20230226-085504_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230226-085504_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Am I the only one seeing the connection here with the art, theme, and odd title?
[quoted image]

Yes. I think so.

#2171 1 year ago

Are we expecting a reveal today or was the trailer all that they are showing this weekend?

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

[quoted image]

The artwork is similar

#2173 1 year ago

I

Quoted from Pinstein:

Are we expecting a reveal today or was the trailer all that they are showing this weekend?

I think they said another teaser/trailer next Saturday.

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I

Got it, Tank you

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I

I hope so, I am so pumped for this game after watching that trailer.
"It's fun for the entire family!" Can you believe it!

#2176 1 year ago

…”no”

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

[quoted image]

I thought the exact same thing!

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I get that a teaser is meant to get people talking, but is anyone talking about this voice acting cast?

If leave out the word 'voice'...

#2179 1 year ago

Live action could go sooo horribly here, lol. Animated seems the way to go. Guess we'll see. Jokes on us, I guess their teaser did get us all talking...

#2180 1 year ago

I don’t get all this hate for the teaser. It’s meant to pique interest, and for me it’s doing that. I like the retro feel…harkening back to those campy 50s sci-fi films. I’m definitely interested in the game reveal in March. This could be really cool.

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Live action could go sooo horribly here, lol. Animated seems the way to go. Guess we'll see. Jokes on us, I guess their teaser did get us all talking...

Oooo. Live action makes me think of this gem. Anyone remember?

4CC43B18-19E1-48CD-BE94-82B546670EA5 (resized).jpeg4CC43B18-19E1-48CD-BE94-82B546670EA5 (resized).jpeg57453A39-F2F7-4D26-B0DE-4844EC90B9C8 (resized).png57453A39-F2F7-4D26-B0DE-4844EC90B9C8 (resized).png
#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Yes! I was blown away when I saw this in the arcade. Was a shame that it played like crap.

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Anyone remember?

Yes. And just sh*t when I had it and discovered a laser disc player in it.

Oh great, $1200 a year to keep it going.

And typical Sega they were going to make other games for it. Only took three or four years. Then later a two player version.

LTG : (

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Early 90’s cheesy FMV type stuff. Hell yes!!

I still play Night Trap all the time

#2185 1 year ago
#2186 1 year ago

I kinda like the cabinet idea of making them look like tank treads. More art and it seems like you could take them off if you want a more traditional looking cabinet.

#2187 1 year ago

Googled "Clementine Morfoot" and there is someone on Instagram going by that name, account "cl.emonade" no idea if that is who is being introduced. I don't do instagram so can only see some cosplay stuff from her and the creativity dial is turned up to 11.

#2188 1 year ago

GTFo, GTFo, GTFo!!!

#2189 1 year ago

It’s quiet in here today…

#2190 1 year ago

With Foo Fighters being alien themed, I’m wondering how AP can make GTF stand out. I think the comparisons will be inevitable. They say Nordman came up with some truly unique innovations for this game. I hope it’s more than just the tank tracks.

#2191 1 year ago

What I've heard in rumors is that they are going to use video assets in ways never done in a pinball machine before, I have no idea what that actually means but I'm very curious to see it in action, maybe it's using live action video instead of all animation. No matter what they are going to be fighting an uphill (tank) battle going against all the new games/themes recently introduced including the upcoming JJP game (Godfather??) if it's also revealed at TPF. I wish them all the best in that fight.

#2192 1 year ago

I’m guessing we’ll see some motion capture or maybe even some digitized stop motion like Mk/MBA Jam considering the actress they hired. Any idea when we’ll get some details?

Quoted from bobukcat:

What I've heard in rumors is that they are going to use video assets in ways never done in a pinball machine before, I have no idea what that actually means but I'm very curious to see it in action, maybe it's using live action video instead of all animation. No matter what they are going to be fighting an uphill (tank) battle going against all the new games/themes recently introduced including the upcoming JJP game (Godfather??) if it's also revealed at TPF. I wish them all the best in that fight.

#2193 1 year ago

FF is kinda Scooby themed, and very alien themed... accidental or counterprogramming?

I am torn between believing that these games are gestated for so long that it seems coincidental, but also that their operational secrecy seems so porous and community so small that a mole could be purchased with ease.

Also I just enjoy a good conspiracy theory :tinfoilhat

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

FF is kinda Scooby themed, and very alien themed... accidental or counterprogramming?
I am torn between believing that these games are gestated for so long that it seems coincidental, but also that their operational secrecy seems so porous and community so small that a mole could be purchased with ease.
Also I just enjoy a good conspiracy theory :tinfoilhat

I don’t think it’s outrageous to think that the manufacturers pay attention to what their competitors have in the pipeline. And if we hobbyists have good ideas about what games will be coming out, I’m sure the manufacturers know even more. So, yes, I think a certain amount of “counter-programming” takes place among manufacturers.

#2195 1 year ago

Or market research and what is trending or seems to be timed right thematically. Just coincidental.

6BF7D873-809E-48C0-9DE6-280E0974F615 (resized).jpeg6BF7D873-809E-48C0-9DE6-280E0974F615 (resized).jpeg
#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’m guessing we’ll see some motion capture or maybe even some digitized stop motion like Mk/MBA Jam considering the actress they hired. Any idea when we’ll get some details?

Your guess is as good as mine on timing but unless AP decides to try to stem all the hype of FF, SD and JJP #8 by releasing a gameplay trailer or actually putting a few games out in locations I don't expect to see anything more until TPF, which is really just three weeks away.

#2197 1 year ago

That would be wise! People are ordering FF now. I have an empty spot in the line up and GTF was slated for that spot. I ordered a FF yesterday. So, GTF will enter the line up only if I sell another game. I’m full!

Quoted from bobukcat:

…but unless AP decides to try to stem all the hype of FF, SD and JJP #8 by releasing a gameplay trailer

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

That would be wise! People are ordering FF now. I have an empty spot in the line up and GTF was slated for that spot. I ordered a FF yesterday. So, GTF will enter the line up only if I sell another game. I’m full!

Yup. People only allocate so much money toward pinball each year. That’s the problem with all these releases coming at the same time.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Yup. People only allocate so much money toward pinball each year. That’s the problem with all these releases coming at the same time.

8A382E64-0B72-4FDB-85FC-5B03D7AE2D36 (resized).jpeg8A382E64-0B72-4FDB-85FC-5B03D7AE2D36 (resized).jpeg
#2200 1 year ago

Foo Fighters looks great and the team made Jack look like a million bucks so that’s awesome. I’m still hear for some Galactic Tank Force.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 4,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.