PXL_20240314_200511076 (resized).jpg
IMG_1220.gif
weird science.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9f9dbfb9c468bd42 (resized).png
IMG_3964 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9061 (resized).jpeg
Barry O's BBQ Challenge - American Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
Barry O's BBQ (resized).JPG
8F298594-E87C-4700-A998-87D3C39CBED8 (resized).jpeg
not-like-this-matrix.gif

There are 4,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 90.
#2451 1 year ago

Here’s some Franchi art from Expo 2019. Feels like it could be in GTF

AEF4A253-D90F-4304-8C03-358D3F59ED60 (resized).jpegAEF4A253-D90F-4304-8C03-358D3F59ED60 (resized).jpeg
#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Here’s some Franchi art from Expo 2019. Feels like it could be in GTF[quoted image]

Metaluna5 Will you be at MGC? I’m hopeful to buy some of your prints. Or a lunchbox!

#2453 1 year ago

Guess we won’t see anything before TPF which is a shame

#2454 1 year ago

Wednesday, don't see a time yet.

Pinside_forum_7476400_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7476400_0 (resized).jpg
#2455 12 months ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/details-on-american-pinball-s-new-game-galactic-tank-force?fbclid=IwAR2LFB4FA3INbKp8MgzfKsJtB8gkpEcoL0kqwW5_qJYFU-77uPske7K1tVY&mibextid=ykz3hl

9ACDC657-CDF5-4D82-8048-F4DC240FCFB4 (resized).jpeg9ACDC657-CDF5-4D82-8048-F4DC240FCFB4 (resized).jpegA461F65A-EAB9-41E9-91F5-BEAE8B969FF8 (resized).jpegA461F65A-EAB9-41E9-91F5-BEAE8B969FF8 (resized).jpeg

4A39CC97-23E1-49AE-A805-3D5D49E25AC4 (resized).jpeg4A39CC97-23E1-49AE-A805-3D5D49E25AC4 (resized).jpegB5C67E52-A9C9-485C-8A1A-7E2CC73ABBD9 (resized).jpegB5C67E52-A9C9-485C-8A1A-7E2CC73ABBD9 (resized).jpeg

#2456 12 months ago

Just glad this was revealed after Godfather, Scooby Doo, Pulp Fiction and Foo Fighters because…something had to give. And this is probably it.

#2457 12 months ago

I cant wait till some new stuff is released today

#2458 12 months ago
7CDB2F1C-047C-474C-8AD7-A1FCEECFE16A (resized).jpeg7CDB2F1C-047C-474C-8AD7-A1FCEECFE16A (resized).jpeg
#2459 12 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

We can watch it here

#2460 12 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

We can watch it here

oh gosh the acting... it is a galactic cringe.

#2461 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh gosh the acting... it is a galactic cringe.

As long as it shoots and plays well

#2462 12 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

As long as it shoots and plays well

yeah but not if you have to tolerate the silly videos. Seem intolerable and the audio and animations are amateur at best.
Sorry, it really sucks.
Pass.

#2463 12 months ago

We see a 3 ball physical lock on left side. Maybe there is a use for player controlled diverter to feed ball into left side so it can enter the lock when lit. Haven’t seen any crazy kickbacks from tank yet but I think it’s in the game. We’ll call it a hidden feature.

Artwork and graphics look great on the deluxe model and with playfield light rails included: $9k is spectacular! However, not take my money kind of spectacular. With all the teasers and reveals, why not show the game doing something interesting? That is where the game appears lacking, at the moment. Gameplay, rules and theme to be examined further.

#2464 12 months ago

I was interested in this until I saw the prices. I know prices are up all over but dang. Now its like do I get this or save a few hundred dollars more and get a Premium from Stern or a entry level JJP

Deluxe: $8,995

Limited: $10,995

Signature : Doesn't even say the price.

#2465 12 months ago

I couldn't listen to that video a second time if it's actually in the game.

I doubt i'd play it on free play at a show a second time.

Had Jurassic Park taken away when it was on loan here because of the stupid nedry callouts.

#2466 12 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I was interested in this until I saw the prices. I know prices are up all over but dang. Now its like do I get this or save a few hundred dollars more and get a Premium from Stern or a entry level JJP
Deluxe: $8,995
Limited: $10,995
Signature : Doesn't even say the price.

Signature is at the "reasonable" price of $1700.

#2467 12 months ago

I feel like their $5400 bargain with Houdini will go down as an industry milestone. They brought an amazing machine to the market at a spectacular price. They have now caught up to Stern's $9K+ pricing, with a no-name title no less. And maybe it's just me, but the 'radical new cabinet design' I heard rumour of looks like a sheet of rounded plywood bolted on each side. I guess it's still "OK" to watch API from a distance, wallet firmly locked in pocket...

#2468 12 months ago

yeah this game will never enter my home. I am not interested in seeing real actors on the DMD, especially if the audio and acting is so poor.
The animations should have been cartoony, like AFM or MM... that I can tolerate because I expect it and it is something I can relate to.

I don't believe using the DMD like this was a good idea. It is not grabbing me at all and have zero interest in hearing it or watching these characters or story.

Looks like a high school project gone wrong, that what shot 1 day before deadline and edited with a chainsaw.
It is like Bollywood version of Michael Jackson video (which exists btw) or a poor attempt at making Futurama. Z class.

It might shoot great, but they just massacred the theme integration. At this point I dont care about seeing any more of this machine. Cringe.

#2469 12 months ago

Seems like they're kinda going for a Krofft feel with the acting.

#2470 12 months ago

I would still like to see more game play and see how it actually plays. I do like the theme cause it is different and a new IP they decided to run with.

#2471 12 months ago

Layout looks fun, but a total miss with the actors in the video. It should have been animated. They will sell some, but I think they would have sold a whole more if the video was well animated. I will play it at TPF this weekend hopefully.

As a part time operator American also blew it with pricing. They should have one in the $7K range like they did with Hot Wheels, it’s not like they are paying for licensing.

#2472 12 months ago

I love AP, and I was raised with the adage “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. So…I like the artwork. The playfield looks great with a lot of fun shots. I’m looking forward to a gameplay video. But everything else, particularly the pricing for a non-IP and those actors, well…I hope others like it.

#2473 12 months ago

In germany we are talking already about, 13500 for the LE, 11000 deluxe...

Puh... I have / had hopes but probably houdini and Hot Wheels will be my last AP pins.
If this rumors happen...

Holy cow... How could i ever get in a conversation :

" i bought a pin, 15-20k... It looks like a tank... ! "

Damn my ass would be kicked like never before

#2474 12 months ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

In germany we are talking already about, 13500 for the LE, 11000 deluxe...
Puh... I have / had hopes but probably houdini and Hot Wheels will be my last AP pins.
If this rumors happen...
Holy cow... How could i ever get in a conversation :
" i bought a pin, 15-20k... It looks like a tank... ! "
Damn my ass would be kicked like never before

Did they do any Market Research?

I think it’s a great game to play loaded.

#2475 12 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just glad this was revealed after Godfather, Scooby Doo, Pulp Fiction and Foo Fighters because…something had to give. And this is probably it.

Why? Just curious cause I don’t see it that way at all. I see it as more interesting compared to the other 3 recent releases

#2476 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yeah this game will never enter my home. I am not interested in seeing real actors on the

Where did you see real actors on the LCD in the actual game??

#2477 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

They’re on the back glass and promoted in credits so safe to assume thy will be prominent in game along with animations of tanks, ships and cows.

#2478 12 months ago

I assume Ryan McQuaid will make the next game? Looking forward to it! He had some cool ideas on his Sonic homebrew.

#2479 12 months ago

Lol…well if that’s the case there is no amount of convincing I’ll be able to do. At the price point, as an operator…I will not buy this gane. It will not pay for itself. High price tag and nothing to draw non pinheads to it. It’s a no brainer for me to leave this on the shelf. Scooby and Pulp Fiction on the other hand. There is value and it they will eat quarters alive. No doubt I’m my mind.

Quoted from PinRob:

Why? Just curious cause I don’t see it that way at all. I see it as more interesting compared to the other 3 recent releases

#2480 12 months ago

Is this a joke? Might want to watch the video again my friend

Quoted from PinRob:

#2481 12 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this a joke? Might want to watch the video again my friend

Did you see video of machine being played while the LCD was playing real actors on it. I didn’t

#2482 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Did you see video of machine being played while the LCD was playing real actors on it. I didn’t

Ive got some bad news, my friend. This will 100% have FMV assets from the folks you saw in the teaser.

#2483 12 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Ive got some bad news, my friend. This will 100% have FMV assets from the folks you saw in the teaser.

If it does I don’t see it as bad news, as even with my current pins I watch the ball and playfield 95% of the time to be honest, as I’m sure most others do as well with whatever it is they are playing. If I wanted to watch videos I’d play video games, but I like pinball and most importantly what’s going on under the playfield glass.

#2484 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

If it does I don’t see it as bad news, as even with my current pins I watch the ball and playfield 95% of the time to be honest, as I’m sure most others do as well with whatever it is they are playing. If I wanted to watch videos I’d play video games, but I like pinball and most importantly what’s going on under the playfield glass.

Now, I do agree, the crap on the screen is blown out of proportion overall. I wouldn't think most people ever see it but once or twice when first playing. And, I also think the Deluxe looks pretty great overall. But the AP launch process has really been just brutal overall, like a rudderless boat.

#2485 12 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You still hear the audio.

I'd never have nedry saying ahhh ahh ahh to me again.

#2486 12 months ago

I for one really like those videos and would enjoy those from the teaser being in the game. If I want “super professional” videos there’s no shortage of video games and blu-rays to get. I have little interest in movie clips or even audio clips from some movie. I want humor and fun and something I can’t get anywhere else. It looks like this game has a lot of those.

#2487 12 months ago

This live action audio and video is too integrated to the game to swap it out and there is no Pinbrowser like program for American that I'm aware of. Its not like Iron Maiden where you can swap out every single song for decent music. You either need to be all in with this corny stuff or you are out. I need to see an extended game play video, but I am leaning out.

#2489 12 months ago

That was some fun viewing. I kept wondering if that guy was going to spill his coffee onto the playfield. Seriously though…the game looks pretty cool from what I’ve seen so far. Still, I’m anxious for a complete gameplay video.

#2490 12 months ago

No potato cam footage from the pinball show?

#2491 11 months ago

I wish I could have made it to TPF. I keep reading that the GTF debut went well. That, of course, makes me curious about how it correlates to sales. Any distributors out there care to share their thoughts on GTF sales? I know it’s still early, so maybe there isn’t much info to share yet. I truly hope this game sells well for AP. They certainly deserve to have a hit.

#2492 11 months ago

Is the next game the winner of the American Dream homebrew contest? Who won that, by the way?

#2493 11 months ago

make Trashland you cowards

#2494 11 months ago

Yesssssssssss

Quoted from TreyBo69:

make Trashland you cowards

#2495 11 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is the next game the winner of the American Dream homebrew contest? Who won that, by the way?

Are they still doing that?

#2496 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are they still doing that?

There has been no further mention of it that I've heard.

#2497 11 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I missed this. They did hire the Sonic game designer though right?

#2498 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ryan McQuaid
https://www.american-pinball.com/news/ryan-mcquaid-joins-american-pinball

#2499 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And forgot to get the license. Haha

#2500 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And forgot to get the license. Haha

Yup. Major missed opportunity on that one. I also read that they had a shot at doing a Prince pin but felt like the license fee to the estate was too high. Another missed opportunity IMO. Prince would’ve sold BIG TIME.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 4,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.