pasted_image (resized).png
american_pinball_tom_petty_mrclean (resized).png
R-7674978-1446471905-9218.jpeg (resized).jpg
Tom_Petty_American_Treasure (resized).png
Screenshot 2021-08-12 052128 (resized).png
3434AC13-E556-4629-A219-FB7A1559A1C0 (resized).jpeg
1535dccbaa6e2bdfa9cb68f9e2cb14d9 (resized).jpg
E346A6FD-9F54-4989-B02D-7415998F1B49 (resized).jpeg

There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 4 days ago

With the latest Stern price increase ($8999 MSRP for a Godzilla premium!!) I think A.P. has a very real opportunity to make some noise in the market if they can get a pretty loaded game like LOV to market for $7K - $7.5K. I don't know if that's really feasible with all the supply issues and increasing costs of goods but I definitely think there's a sweet spot in there.

#702 4 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

With the latest Stern price increase ($8999 MSRP for a Godzilla premium!!) I think A.P. has a very real opportunity to make some noise in the market if they can get a pretty loaded game like LOV to market for $7K - $7.5K. I don't know if that's really feasible with all the supply issues and increasing costs of goods but I definitely think there's a sweet spot in there.

A friend of mine is getting the Premium and I was going to buy the pro... until I saw the pricing and the difference between the two. Unlike other Sterns, these two are world's apart. So I'm just going to play his instead.

That being said, I still have some NIB $ laying around. AP could surprise me with something awesome. I'd wait for a while though... Godzilla is going to take away so much enthusiasm.

#703 4 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'd wait for a while though... Godzilla is going to take away so much enthusiasm.

I'm actually kinda surprised at how slowly the Godzilla threads are moving right now - maybe because it wasn't a well-kept secret as far as theme? But I don't think the timeframe for waiting would have to be too long for AP. I think it's more a matter of supply at this point.

#704 4 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I was thinking the same thing. Admittedly, Godzilla looks awesome. The price increase…not so awesome. I’ve been holding out for the next AP game. I hope it’s a great pin and well priced. If so, I’m in!!!

#705 3 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I was thinking the same thing. Admittedly, Godzilla looks awesome. The price increase…not so awesome. I’ve been holding out for the next AP game. I hope it’s a great pin and well priced. If so, I’m in!!!

Yeah this for me. I gotta pay 9k to get the premium.

Might as well wait and see with AP and CGC at 9k. If AP were to offer a great looking game at 7k or 7.5k, they would definitely take a step forward in the market.

#706 3 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Yeah this for me. I gotta pay 9k to get the premium.
Might as well wait and see with AP and CGC at 9k. If AP were to offer a great looking game at 7k or 7.5k, they would definitely take a step forward in the market.

I mean if ap and cgc can keep their entry level game ~$6500 they are going to be the cheapest on the market, should start seeing more on route and hopefully some more sales mean more license and r&d put into their games..... It could be a huge win.

#707 3 days ago

Come on Dave Fix, present Pinside with your next production.

#708 3 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I mean if ap and cgc can keep their entry level game ~$6500 they are going to be the cheapest on the market, should start seeing more on route and hopefully some more sales mean more license and r&d put into their games..... It could be a huge win.

I think that's asking a lot in the current supply-chain restrained world but IF they did this and added the temporary surcharge to compensate for those factors I agree completely, they could take a good chunk of the operator market that used to go to Stern Pros. That will be limited without bigger licenses except for the locations that are more geared toward pinheads but could still be significant.

Seperate discussion, I wonder how much actual cost full RGB inserts and GI adds to a game? I love games with this, especially the inserts but looking at the trend Stern is taking maybe it no longer matters as much to buyers?? Godzilla only has 13 inserts with RGB and the premium only adds two color GI versus full RGB. Of course JJP is still full RGB but their prices keep moving even higher.

#709 3 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Of course JJP is still full RGB but their prices keep moving even higher.

And JJP's build quality and customer support keep going DOWN! As we've all been saying on this thread, some of what makes AP stand out is their build quality and customer support. I believe both are so much better than the other manufacturers, except maybe Spooky. If they can keep their price point reasonable - compared to the unreasonable prices demanded by Stern, JJP and possibly CGC (waiting to see what they'll want for Cactus Canyon) - then AP can really start grabbing the market share. That's my hope anyway. But it all boils down to how captivating their next title is. As interesting and fun as Hotwheels is to play, it didn't exactly set the pinball world on fire. Maybe game #4 will.

#710 3 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

But it all boils down to how captivating their next title is. As interesting and fun as Hotwheels is to play, it didn't exactly set the pinball world on fire. Maybe game #4 will.

I know there are supply chain issues etc., but I almost wonder if the delay on game #4 has to do with AP reassessing if it is a good enough theme to get people excited. They've claimed the next two titles will be unlicensed, but I worry about how well that will play at scale in today's market. Will be very happy to be wrong and have them blow us away though!

#711 3 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I know there are supply chain issues etc., but I almost wonder if the delay on game #4 has to do with AP reassessing if it is a good enough theme to get people excited. They've claimed the next two titles will be unlicensed, but I worry about how well that will play at scale in today's market. Will be very happy to be wrong and have them blow us away though!

They've said they should have the game at Expo next month so I doubt that's the reason but only they know at this point.

#712 3 days ago

Holding out for thier next tiltle. Right now i would like to get hot wheels as it is a fun, flowy game but i am waiting to see what is coming out. We have houdini and we love it, build qaulity is supreb. American customer service is top notch.

#713 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty much anything Yeti does. Hard not to like his stuff.

I used to like him but now I can't stand his art unless he starts to change it up. If you lined up all his games and I took my glasses off I would sware they were all the same. He uses a quarter of a color pallet for everything no matter what. Godzilla was the last straw. Totally doesn't fit the classic movie feel, there was so much oportunity to do an old time japanese cinema theme. Instead more melted crayons.

SmartSelect_20210915-230418_Gallery (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210915-230726_Chrome (resized).jpg
#714 3 days ago

Melted crayons

#715 3 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I used to like him but now I can't stand his art unless he starts to change it up. If you lined up all his games and I took my glasses off I would sware they were all the same. He uses a quarter of a color pallet for everything no matter what. Godzilla was the last straw. Totally doesn't fit the classic movie feel, there was so much oportunity to do an old time japanese cinema theme. Instead more melted crayons.[quoted image][quoted image]

I absolutely agree. That is why I like AIQ so much. His art style match the theme very well but not so much for his other titles. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a close second on cabinet art. But total mess on Deadpool and Godzilla. Just my opinion.

#716 3 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I absolutely agree. That is why I like AIQ so much. His art style match the theme very well but not so much for his other titles. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a close second on cabinet art. But total mess on Deadpool and Godzilla. Just my opinion.

Deadpool's a mess? You have to be fuckin' kidding?

#717 3 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deadpool's a mess? You have to be fuckin' kidding?

I think so, as far as the colors go. Play field is not appealing.

#718 3 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think so, as far as the colors go. Play field is not appealing.

Well, I like it!

#719 3 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, I like it!

I get lost in it sometimes after a joint. Just walking round it looking under plastics and stuff for the gems.

Amazing art.

Love me some Deadpool.

dp8 (resized).jpg

There are 719 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside