128D1783-73B3-4375-A59D-A1ED5D7B23C2 (resized).jpeg
6ACFE14A-4542-492D-B944-CC28443C0F4F (resized).jpeg
C7D9FD1A-DA24-4BCA-B07C-FB3AB41BC4B3 (resized).jpeg
B3468CF8-6EDF-4369-93EA-13AD075381D7 (resized).png
E486326B-B496-4484-91EC-93FADBD2A34D (resized).jpeg
C4E299EE-5F34-486C-9521-C000A04732F1 (resized).jpeg
E670C44A-48A7-459D-A500-A354509FAE23 (resized).jpeg
20211025_163112 (resized).jpg

There are 1,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.
#651 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually to me their competition is really not Stern. They need to strike now while Jersey Jack has their back against the ropes with all this quality and customer support nonsense.

I would say their competition is anybody who releases a pin, because a lot of people have NIB money and want to spend it, but not on more than one game at a time (like me!).

I'm not buying a JJP with their poor quality builds and boorish themes, but I am absolutely interested in Stern or CGC's next release. I'm ready to buy, and I would have jumped at the chance to buy an AP anywhere between the months I mentioned above. That way I'd be able to support AP, and sell it if I wanted to buy something else down the road.

Now that Elwin's next game is going to drop, there's no way I'm buying anything until I see what he's made.

#652 3 months ago

You guys are crazy. Stern is the only maker of arcade quality pinball machines in the world (according to their aussie distributor).

Screenshot 2021-08-12 052128 (resized).png

#653 3 months ago

I know my dream music pin won't happen... But...if AP were to make their first music pin...

He's An American Treasure, He sings about an American Girl... Why not have American Pinball make it...

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pinball

Tom_Petty_American_Treasure (resized).pngR-7674978-1446471905-9218.jpeg (resized).jpgamerican_pinball_tom_petty_mrclean (resized).png
#654 3 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:I know my dream music pin won't happen... But...if AP were to make their first music pin...
He's An American Treasure, He sings about an American Girl... Why not have American Pinball make it...
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pinball
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That picture looks more like Kevin Costner than Tom Petty, very flattering photo!

#656 3 months ago

My sister got lucky - dating a swinger multi-ball …

#657 3 months ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

My sister got lucky - dating a swinger multi-ball …

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes (or You Got Lucky) - Ball Save

Keepin’ Me Alive - Long Ball Time

Last Dance With Mary Jane - Ball 3

Don’t Come Around Here No More - Drain / High Score post

Breakdown - When Playfield Is lifted as an Easter egg

Yer So Bad - Terrible Score

General songs during play:

-Don’t Do Me Like That
-Free Fallin’
-Anything That’s Rock N’ Roll
-You Don’t Know How It Feels
-Learning To Fly
-Runnin’ Down A Dream
-Into The Great Wide Open
-I Won’t Back Down
-Listen To Her Heart
-Refugee
-You Wreck Me
-American Girl

#658 3 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

General songs during play:

My favorite always was "here comes my girl".

#659 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My favorite always was "here comes my girl".

Love this song, It was used during my wedding for introductions of my wife. Tom Petty has such an incredible catalog of music, at some point albeit American Pinball or another pinball company (minus maybe Deeproot) I hope someone considers and actually ends up producing a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pin.

1 week later
#660 3 months ago

Crickets...

#661 3 months ago

I know! I was thinking the same thing. I thought for sure we’d hear something from AP in August. Now I don’t know what to think.

#662 3 months ago

With CCr announced, it's time to at least tease something...

#663 3 months ago

Has to be coming pretty soon I'd guess. I was told they will not reveal until they have games ready to ship if I understood correctly.

#664 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

With CCr announced, it's time to at least tease something...

It would be nice to get an idea of what they have been working on but I don't really care much about CCr (not the band) so it doesn't impact my purchasing plans at all.

#665 3 months ago

Gotta be aiming for Expo at this point, I'd imagine, and very likely not hitting the dual release this year they said they were aiming for. That's all good - Hot Wheels is holding me over.

#666 3 months ago

Posting this from the CCr thread, rosh or Ferret will have to let us know more about how / if this impacts his work for AP when they're ready.

pasted_image (resized).png
#667 3 months ago

With that level of secrecy, maybe they have something big cooking. Maybe they are going full virtual pin. Offer multiple games in one purchase, would be free of any PF issues and very few mechanical things too. All for a cheaper price then a "pro"? Not likely but time will tell.

#668 3 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Maybe they are going full virtual pin.

Too funny. And it's not even April 1st. ( they aren't )

LTG : )

#669 3 months ago
Quoted from dozer1:

With that level of secrecy, maybe they have something big cooking. Maybe they are going full virtual pin. Offer multiple games in one purchase, would be free of any PF issues and very few mechanical things too. All for a cheaper price then a "pro"? Not likely but time will tell.

I think you’re thinking of P3.

#670 3 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think you’re thinking of P3.

P3 is not virtual. It just has a monitor in the playfield.

1 week later
#671 3 months ago

I understand supply issues globally etc. don’t make it easy, but I’d really love to see AP front run a Stern release once and ship.

#672 3 months ago

My guess is they are going to announce at Expo 10/28 based on the “special announcement” listed on the program

C0E9CB11-72F8-4470-AE16-AADFEFD86792 (resized).jpeg
#673 3 months ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

My guess is they are going to announce at Expo 10/28 based on the “special announcement” listed on the program
[quoted image]

That seems likely. But we thought they’d have game 4 ready in August. It’s taking a long time either way.

#674 3 months ago

I also thought we'd see something late this month.

Yup it's taking some time....

#675 3 months ago

I recently asked Michael Grant a few questions for an update with American Pinball.

Coz - Will there be a price increase??

MG -We have implemented a temporary surcharge on our games to help offset some of the added costs due to the global supply chain issues that is affecting all industries. We prefer not to implement a permanent price increase at this time, as we are dedicated to offering the best value possible for our customers.

Coz - Any comment on Joe Schober working with CGC? Is he still helping at American Pinball?

MG- Joe Schober’s professional relationship with American Pinball has not changed. Joe is still working with American Pinball on a contract basis in support of future titles and existing ones.

Coz - Any updates on game 4/Pinball expo ?

MG -As for our Expo seminar, you will have to wait until the seminar to see what we have brewing.

-Thanks Michael-

As of now, American Pinbal is scheduled to have a seminar at pinball expo in Chicago on Thursday October 28 at 7:00pm. Will the new game be released before expo or shown for the first time there?? Hopefully there will be a few games available for us to play!

#676 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I recently asked Michael Grant a few questions for an update with American Pinball.
Coz - Will there be a price increase??
MG -We have implemented a temporary surcharge on our games to help offset some of the added costs due to the global supply chain issues that is affecting all industries. We prefer not to implement a permanent price increase at this time, as we are dedicated to offering the best value possible for our customers.
Coz - Any comment on Joe Schober working with CGC? Is he still helping at American Pinball?
MG- Joe Schober’s professional relationship with American Pinball has not changed. Joe is still working with American Pinball on a contract basis in support of future titles and existing ones.
Coz - Any updates on game 4/Pinball expo ?
MG -As for our Expo seminar, you will have to wait until the seminar to see what we have brewing.
-Thanks Michael-
As of now, American Pinbal is scheduled to have a seminar at pinball expo in Chicago on Thursday October 28 at 7:00pm. Will the new game be released before expo or shown for the first time there?? Hopefully there will be a few games for have hands on playtime.

I didn't realize you were the correspondent for AP on The Pinball Show podcast, sometimes I'm not too bright.

I like the idea of the surcharge rather than a price increase but if it's like the fuel surcharges so many companies put on everything a few years ago that never went away even when gas was under $2 a gallon they're here to stay too. Lumber prices have already dropped back down but I understand they already have likely purchased it at higher prices.

#677 3 months ago

Assuming it is Legends of Valhalla, how will it fare as an unlicensed theme? Black Knight didn't exactly set the world on fire.

At least it is familiar material, which I think is one of the main benefits of a licensed theme. You don't need a whole backgrounder on who the characters are and why you should care.

#678 3 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Assuming it is Legends of Valhalla, how will it fare as an unlicensed theme? Black Knight didn't exactly set the world on fire.
At least it is familiar material, which I think is one of the main benefits of a licensed theme. You don't need a whole backgrounder on who the characters are and why you should care.

I agree - any existing generic mythology is a pretty good license-free starting point.

Fire and Brimstone, am I right?? LOL j/k

#679 3 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

how will it fare as an unlicensed theme?

Similar to Houdini and Oktoberfest.

#680 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If a game is fun and has the world famous "just one more game" quality the game will sell itself . Yes, licenses can draw you in but the gameplay keeps you.

#681 3 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

If a game is fun and has the world famous "just one more game" quality the game will sell itself . Yes, licenses can draw you in but the gameplay keeps you.

Agreed. I’m super pumped they are probably going to make it, but licenses are what sell games, so I expect the sales of LOV to be on the low end.

#682 3 months ago

Do you think we'll see improved art? Improved callouts? What do you expect to make this 'production ready'?

I think the art is decent but still looks a bit 'advanced amateur' in places.

#683 3 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Think Cactus Canyon, theater of magic, Tales of the Arabian Nights, etc.

#684 3 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Do you think we'll see improved art? Improved callouts? What do you expect to make this 'production ready'?
I think the art is decent but still looks a bit 'advanced amateur'.

Art not so much. Yes on the rest. Hoping for lots of additions in LCD work, callouts, sounds and music. Animations too.

#685 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You are probably correct but since both of those games got a bad rap for tight shots very early on, the current demand for games, backlogs from everyone else, etc. I think they may have a chance to do a bit better with this one. Unfortunately I've still not had a chance to play it (damn you Brad!!! ) so I can't comment on how it shoots, AP has a new art director too so maybe the pinside art critics will put down the pitchforks since that will obviously be different.

P.S. I think the art on Houdini is great and fits the theme perfectly.

#686 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Art not so much. Yes on the rest. Hoping for lots of additions in LCD work, callouts, sounds and music. Animations too.

They’d better clean up the art :-/

#687 3 months ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

They’d better clean up the art :-/

I love the playfield art. Scott does awesome work.

#688 3 months ago

If Dennis designs a game as good as any of the Elviras', I'm in.

#689 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I love the playfield art. Scott does awesome work.

For a homebrew, it's epic, and as someone who fails at drawing stick figures, I can't personally throw stones, but you gotta admit - it's just not AAA like we've seen recently from Stern, JJP & Spooky... The backglass, for example, lacks an overall composition - it's just three kinda OK figures thrown together. I'm REALLY hoping they got Franchi to come in and work some magic.

f9b43906b8acbdc9b4bc4b3142741768360f7497 (resized).png
#690 3 months ago

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. Franchi is best at drawing real stuff. I hope Scott’s work stays if this game is made.

#691 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. Franchi is best at drawing real stuff. I hope Scott’s work stays if this game is made.

Guess so! Franchi’s graphic design and comic style work is awesome too. And it looks appropriate for a $8-10k pin.

8F3B3771-2FE0-43D0-A11C-CAEF4F5CB7B3 (resized).jpeg95958300-6F63-4796-A786-B1D362D6350B (resized).jpeg
#692 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Trumpanche:

Guess so! Franchi’s graphic design and comic style work is awesome too. And it looks appropriate for a $8-10k pin. [quoted image][quoted image]

If I recall correctly, I think Franchi even mentioned this himself (best at drawing things based on real stuff) on a podcast. Different style than Yeti.

Regardless of what his work is based on, always stellar looking on a pin. His work on Munsters is some of my favorite.

#693 3 months ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

Guess so! Franchi’s graphic design and comic style work is awesome too. And it looks appropriate for a $8-10k pin. [quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer pretty much everything else I’ve seen from him to these two examples.

#694 3 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Assuming it is Legends of Valhalla, how will it fare as an unlicensed theme?

For overall sales, probably not great. For me, an instabuy as soon as I can afford it. I hope AP does whatever they need to thrive, but personally I hope they stay the way they are and keep providing unique themes. It makes them different from the other three.

#695 3 months ago
303010C9-5D4A-467A-AEB4-8D1E9A253FB3 (resized).jpeg
#696 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I prefer pretty much everything else I’ve seen from him to these two examples.

Interesting opinions! Curious - what games have your fav art packages?

#697 3 months ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

Interesting opinions! Curious - what games have your fav art packages?

Xmen Wolverine LE is one of my favorites (backglass and cabinet only. Playfield is meh)

Pretty much anything Yeti does. Hard not to like his stuff.

Sword of rage is good all around.

Older games? Whitewater is really good. MM is good.

#698 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Xmen Wolverine LE is one of my favorites (backglass and cabinet only. Playfield is meh)
Pretty much anything Yeti does. Hard not to like his stuff.
Sword of rage is good all around.
Older games? Whitewater is really good. MM is good.

Yeah - some great picks. Hope AP doesn’t go the direction you’re advocating, but we’ll see!

#699 3 months ago

The new update is CO-OP team play on all American Pinball games. They also mentioned Houdini, Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels and a new game will be at pinball expo. Very cool news

#700 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

The new update is CO-OP team play on all American Pinball games. They also mentioned Houdini, Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels and a new game will be at pinball expo. Very cool news

Thanks Coz - that's great news!

There are 1,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside