IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg
biff (resized).jpg
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 94.
#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I love our OKT and LOV. Both underrated.

LOV designed by some very smart people too, as long as I'm hading out praise.

Pinball is hard, connecting with people is hard. I have a game in my head I'd love to make, and doubt it would reach much mass appeal. It's a tough line to walk.

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

LOV designed by some very smart people too, as long as I'm hading out praise.
Pinball is hard, connecting with people is hard. I have a game in my head I'd love to make, and doubt it would reach much mass appeal. It's a tough line to walk.

Hope it's Assassins' Creed.

AP would be a special for it.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

but I’ll bet it’s a sequel to a Nordman game.

Party Animal 2 - The long Hangover!?

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

When I spoke to David Fix at FreePlay Florida I straight-up asked him if Yukon Yeti (rumored sequel to Whitewater) was coming. He wouldn’t confirm or deny, but he said there definitely is a sequel game coming from them. I got the impression, however, that the sequel was NOT Yukon Yeti. I think they’ve got something else in the works, but I’ll bet it’s a sequel to a Nordman game.

At the rate they are going it will be Yukon Yeti's Grandfather before we'll see it anyway!

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Party Animal 2 - The long Hangover!?

A sequel to Party Zone could be pretty cool.

#1806 1 year ago

Folks, I'm still American Pinball's lead software guy, and I'm still here on Pinside pretty much every day. Always happy to chat about our games, good, bad, or indifferent. Of course I can't talk about upcoming titles, but rest assured, American Pinball still has a solid presence on the forums.

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Folks, I'm still American Pinball's lead software guy, and I'm still here on Pinside pretty much every day. Always happy to chat about our games, good, bad, or indifferent. Of course I can't talk about upcoming titles, but rest assured, American Pinball still has a solid presence on the forums.

In Nordman we trust. Looking forward to his game.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I agree ratings aren’t everything, but neither are they nothing and I don’t have time to research every game made. Narrowing it to roughly top 75 or so cuts out most of the sub-par stuff, themes I dislike cut that down some more, and then I can focus on videos, reviews, and playing (when I can find the right machines).

Buying a game isn’t a lifetime contract. Buy what you’re intrigued by. Sell it if you don’t like it.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Will we be seeing the new game soon it’s been a couple of years since AP has put out their own game like hot wheels?

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In Nordman we trust. Looking forward to his game.

+1. Nordman has put out some excellent games in the past. I'm excited to see what he's cooking up and I hope we can see a reveal soon. Maybe it can sit next to my White Water.

#1811 1 year ago

Has anybody tried to get on Americans website today? I'm getting an error.

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Has anybody tried to get on Americans website today? I'm getting an error.

Their TLS cert expired yesterday.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Their TLS cert expired yesterday

I'm not sure what that means, but ok. I assume they're on it.

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm not sure what that means, but ok. I assume they're on it.

The cliffs note version is that it allows the site to be trusted and secured. Gives you the green or lock icon for https traffic. If expired modern browsers warn you for your protection.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will we be seeing the new game soon it’s been a couple of years since AP has put out their own game like hot wheels?

Everyone on the API team can't wait for the game that's in the cooker to get out into the world.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Everyone on the API team can't wait for the game that's in the cooker to get out into the world.

Looking forward to it! If you need a beta tester, I'd be happy to let you drop off a prototype

#1817 1 year ago

I think play testers should be customers that bought all of there current titles!

Thanks

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Any ETA on an announcement?

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Any ETA on an announcement?

Yes there will be one in 2023.

#1820 1 year ago

Announce before CCr LEs and SE+ ship and AP may get some people to switch. Those are taking forever.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes there will be one in 2023.

Thanks Karen

#1822 1 year ago

Seriously? I am not complaining. I was stating a fact. I am patient. They can take all the time they need to make a quality game.

#1823 1 year ago

Since Riot Pinball took down their Alice in Wonderland sketch off their website, I bet that means we will see this as another Riot/American Pinball release in the future.

#1824 1 year ago

I'm still waiting on some pics of GTFo. Which was the supposed next game from them. The collab with riot on valhalla made for a great game. So with that possible collaboration, I would be interested in the theme. I'm not going to hold my breath that its gonna happen in the next 3yrs or so...

#1825 1 year ago

Since Riot Pinball took down their Alice in Wonderland sketch off their website, I bet that means we will see this as another Riot/American Pinball release in the future.

I wonder if they took it down because some of the art was seemingly ripped off wholesale from Wonderland Omnibus comic. Unless Daniel Liester who did the comics did the PF art.

Look at the area above the flippers with alice. Same pose, except for hair color...
Alice in Wonderland-RIOT Pinball.jpgAlice in Wonderland-RIOT Pinball.jpg

Wonderland_Omnibus_cover_1024x1024.jpgWonderland_Omnibus_cover_1024x1024.jpg
#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder if they took it down because some of the art was seemingly ripped off wholesale from Wonderland Omnibus comic. Unless Daniel Liester who did the comics did the PF art.
Look at the area above the flippers with alice. Same pose, except for hair color...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Seems like a huge coincidence it was pulled down while Legends of Valhalla was being worked on with American Pinball at some point before it was announced.

#1827 1 year ago

Seems like a huge coincidence it was pulled down while Legends of Valhalla was being worked on with American Pinball at some point before it was announced.

Dunno. Whatever the reason, I hope they can get it out. The theme seems great for pinball and judging by the PF it seems way more ambitious than LoV. If AP picks it up also, I will say they need to do REAL sculpts with injection molding. Some of these 3D prints they're putting out look really sad for a professional release.

#1828 1 year ago

Don't think I'm saying too much to note that—allegedly—revealing a new game at this year's Expo was at one point the goal.

#1829 1 year ago

what happened to Joe balcer? He always comes out the gate super hard with new companies… Woz… Houdini… he friggin’ ruled man.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

what happened to Joe balcer? He always comes out the gate super hard with new companies… Woz… Houdini… he friggin’ ruled man.

That’s a good question. I’ve wondered what he’s been doing also. Hope he’s still in pinball.

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. Whatever the reason, I hope they can get it out. The theme seems great for pinball and judging by the PF it seems way more ambitious than LoV. If AP picks it up also, I will say they need to do REAL sculpts with injection molding. Some of these 3D prints they're putting out look really sad for a professional release.

I'm pretty sure they've stated LOV sculpts are handmade, not printed. The Houdini sculpts are all made by Back Alley and are top notch.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

That’s a good question. I’ve wondered what he’s been doing also. Hope he’s still in pinball.

He was briefly working for Homepin but has been gone from there for months, no idea what he's doing now.

#1833 1 year ago

What I've heard they have in the pipeline is Galactic Tank Force, White Water sequel, and Barry Oursler's last game - which I suppose *could* be Alice? I agree Alice in Wonderland is a solid theme. But if Barry's game isn't Alice then it seems like they have a significant pipeline of releases before they could get to another Riot collaboration.

I just really hope that American ups their game with art, animations, etc... as this is currently a weak point. I've read that Dennis Nordman's last couple of game designs never got released so I'm kind of feeling like he's got a bunch of good ideas saved up and could put out something really hot if given the chance and budget.

Anyway... we'll probably hear something at Texas Pinball in late March is my guess.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

What I've heard they have in the pipeline is Galactic Tank Force, White Water sequel, and Barry Oursler's last game - which I suppose *could* be Alice? I agree Alice in Wonderland is a solid theme. But if Barry's game isn't Alice then it seems like they have a significant pipeline of releases before they could get to another Riot collaboration.
I just really hope that American ups their game with art, animations, etc... as this is currently a weak point. I've read that Dennis Nordman's last couple of game designs never got released so I'm kind of feeling like he's got a bunch of good ideas saved up and could put out something really hot if given the chance and budget.
Anyway... we'll probably hear something at Texas Pinball in late March is my guess.

I like the art of AP. I hope they don’t invest in animations heavily at all. Most players never look at the screen while they are playing. Gameplay and rules are way more important.

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

What I've heard they have in the pipeline is Galactic Tank Force, White Water sequel

I know it’s been rumored, but I don’t think the sequel we’ll see will be for Whitewater. I’m sure we’ll see a sequel from AP. I just don’t think that’s the one we’ll see. But I hope I’m wrong. I’d love to see a Yukon Yeti or whatever the Whitewater sequel would be.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm pretty sure they've stated LOV sculpts are handmade, not printed. The Houdini sculpts are all made by Back Alley and are top notch.

Well then, like the "animator" for Oktoberfest, they need to get someone else. That figure and gate over the center shot in LoV is atrocious. Making hundreds of figures by hand is not efficient or inexpensive. Yes an injection mold is expensive, but only once. After it's made they can fart out high quality figures by the thousands cheaply.

#1837 1 year ago

Well then perhaps you’ll like the LoV classic which replaces the hand made sculpts with plastics and reduced the cost.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Well then, like the "animator" for Oktoberfest, they need to get someone else. That figure and gate over the center shot in LoV is atrocious. Making hundreds of figures by hand is not efficient or inexpensive. Yes an injection mold is expensive, but only once. After it's made they can fart out high quality figures by the thousands cheaply.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well then perhaps you’ll like the LoV classic which replaces the hand made sculpts with plastics and reduced the cost.

Nope. A worse choice. Like the IDEA of sculpts, but the execution was just poor. Making them plastics is a step down.

Sculpts and quality is not that hard with good direction.

why-not-both.gifwhy-not-both.gif
#1839 1 year ago

At least sand the print lines smooth.

#1840 1 year ago

They are clearly 3D printed on LOV.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I just really hope that American ups their game with art,

Franchi is on art with Nordmans galactic tank force. You really can’t up it any more than that!!!

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There's a dude online that has a MUCH better 3D-printable model of Odin in his throne with the birds that American could have probably used for a few hundred bucks. It is WAY better than what they went with. I tried to turn them on to it once I saw the pre-launch photos, but it obviously went nowhere.

#1843 1 year ago

No. Odin, the gates of Valhalla and the skull sculpts are cast and hand painted. You can read about in PinGame journal and see the pics of the artist at work.

The Viking ship is 3d printed by an outside company to very tight tolerances since it’s a ball lock mechanism. The dome was cast or 3d printed. I’ve seen both.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

#1844 1 year ago

The Viking ship is what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion.

#1845 1 year ago

I was talking about Otto from OKT. Bumpy.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I was talking about Otto from OKT. Bumpy.

I was talking about Margaret from accounting. GLWTS!

#1847 1 year ago

They need to hire back Balcer and Kugler. Houdini ruled

#1848 1 year ago

More than anything, I really just hope to see American increase their production capacity. At the current rate they can't get games out to more locations to increase exposure, and as a result you're limiting your in-home audience to people who are just willing to take the plunge. Clearly they seem content with this strategy, and I suppose it works for a boutique brand like Spooky. But I never got the impression AP was aiming for boutique and I'd really like to see them thrive.

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

And don't forget Oktoberfest, still AP's best, IMO. I've really enjoyed everything he's designed since TSPP.

#1850 1 year ago

Houdini and Oktoberfest are equally great. Very unique, super fun game modes, and awesome mechanics and toys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,495.00
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.