(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 233.
#4651 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Congrats on getting the machine! Funny...bashing around up top is one of my favorite things...I'd be pretty bummed if the upper flippers were killed...besides couldn't you just not engage the left flipper when hitting the ramp to achieve this same effect?

Thanks! Oh, I enjoy the upper playfield. It's more of wanting games to go quicker for league nights. It might just not be a good game for our league. People are already enjoying the hell out of it. Myself included. It is a long playing game for me but I love Hobbit and LOTR also.
Sounds like DJ has it in mind to limit the upper playfield down the road as an option. Spooky rocks!

#4652 11 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

CE#297 in the house! Well, actually its at a dog and kid friendly local brewery but in the HOUSE sounds better!
Game is beautiful! Plays fantastic! I do hear a little whine from the flippers when I had the glass off. I don't notice it when playing honestly.
One thing I was thinking when playing regarding code. Occaisionally kill the upper flippers so you can't go up top. I don't know the 'when' or 'why' but for league or tournaments, I could just get up top and bang around for a while. I may not score a lot of points but I could probably play for over an hour. I took the rubber off the upper playfield center post and that makes it harder to stay up. But the ball falls down to the left flipper and I'm right back up top if I want.

What pitch is your game at? Jack that thing up more to make the upper pf more difficult!

#4653 11 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm not sure I follow; are you saying your flippers are activating while you're in the switch test menu?? Because I don't think that should be happening. Definitely let AJ know if that is the case. The end-of-stroke switch is physically located on the flipper mech, not the cabinet buttons. So the actual movement of the flipper bat is what mechanically causes that switch to close.

We are definitely considering ways to limit access to the upper, like having to do something to qualify the use of the bookcase to get up there. If we did implement that, it'd be several updates down the road, and we'd likely make that a menu option, as it almost seems like a 50/50 split on whether people want upper PF access to be easy vs hard. Upper flipper whine is still on the radar too, although again I can't give a specific eta. Mechanical dampening might be a quick fix until that update comes.

Sorry you are correct. I didn't recognize the flipper wasn't actually energizing in switch test. Manual movement of the mech only triggers once for both left and right. Fortunately or unfortunately lol Thank you for the suggestions, look forward to our next item to check!

#4654 11 months ago

I can see disabling the bookcase to keep the player from hanging out up there, but it introduces confusion to the player for why they sometimes work and don't. It can be frustrating for them to not flip when the player thinks they should be flipping.

The "wear" is minimal, especially in a home setting.

At least that has been the attitude of game programmers with extra flippers on the playfield. Just let them flip. It's better to flip than to not flip when the player expects it to. Also avoids an issue if the opto doesn't work, but the ball is still getting up there.

#4655 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Nice! At one point I swapped all my pins to Titan 'low bounce' and then after awhile went back to regular titans...certainly worth testing to see what fits your playing style and enhances the overall experience. BTW...great JDJP stream the other day, thanks!

Heck ya my pleasure, Thanks for stopping in! I had a blast!

#4656 11 months ago

Stern Mando upper helmet flippers don't die when ball isn't up there and that would be easy to know. One complaint when that game came out.

#4657 11 months ago

Because there's more downside than upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

#4658 11 months ago

Maybe just have a timer for the upper playfield and a way to extend it( max the time out) before you go up to the upper by hitting a certain number of shots (or combos) on the lower playfield…or something along those lines.

#4659 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because there's more downside then upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

Agreed…please leave em active like Simpsons Pinball Party…20 years later on that machine and still going strong with no issues…they’re always at the ready for action!

#4660 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I hear it with the glass on and sound turned up while playing. So does my daughters and wife. The high pitch whine is annoying and not going to wear ear plugs. New code update did not take care of it on my #32

Probably obvious, but did you enable the "normal" flipper setting in the menu? Also, for a few games on the line I've had to go from "normal" back to "boost", start a game and then go back to normal for the setting to take effect. Also just a note that this change is only for the lower flippers. The upper coils handle power in a completely different manor, so for testing make sure you are only activating the lowers.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because there's more downside then upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

We can probably add a menu option, so users can decide to have them enabled or disabled. We discussed the option, but when Halloween / Ultraman shipped we had high percentage of people saying there upper flipper were broken due to it not activating until the qualification was complete.

#4661 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I agree!

#4662 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was going to put my 2 cents worth in earlier. I'm glad I'm not alone on this opinion. Please just let them flip. The potential for errors with sensors turning the flippers on and off just isn't worth the risk. Especially during multiball. Games have had upper playfield flippers for a long long time. Plenty of solid state and dmd examples of this. Black Knight, Grand Lizard, Haunted House, White Water, etc etc etc .... and those games got the shit played out of them on location. SD upper flippers will be just fine without meddling with their function. They don't wear any faster than your lower flippers, and how often do you actually rebuild those?

#4663 11 months ago

Let them flip, Let them flip ...

#4664 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was going to put my 2 cents worth in earlier. I'm glad I'm not alone on this opinion. Please just let them flip. The potential for errors with sensors turning the flippers on and off just isn't worth the risk. Especially during multiball. Games have had upper playfield flippers for a long long time. Plenty of solid state and dmd examples of this. Black Knight, Grand Lizard, Haunted House, White Water, etc etc etc .... and those games got the shit played out of them on location. SD upper flippers will be just fine without meddling with their function. They don't wear any faster than your lower flippers, and how often do you actually rebuild those?

Talk to Game of Thrones premium and le owners who have to pull their upper playfield every 300 plays to clean all the dust and crud that comes off the upper flipper mechs flailing about unnecessarily.

#4665 11 months ago

NO! Wasted energy. Don't let them flip when not upstairs. I like the menu option so both sides can call it a win. .

#4666 11 months ago

Weird thing happened today. The mode that you start by ripping the spinners.... I was about to make my last shot to the van to finish the mode....and ball went to the upper playfield...came down and both flippers would not flip! I lost the ball, the mode, and my dignity! Next ball up and all was fine again. Must have been some weird bug.

#4667 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We can probably add a menu option, so users can decide to have them enabled or disabled. We discussed the option, but when Halloween / Ultraman shipped we had high percentage of people saying there upper flipper were broken due to it not activating until the qualification was complete.

Related tangent, was HW/UM updated to have that option to not kill the flippers when you’re in the mode select/store menu? I ask because I’ve seen occasional bugs where it disables the flipper to use that function, but the lifter serves up a ball while the lower flippers are disabled. It’s probably the most maddeningly frustrating bug you can run into and the poster example of why it’s not worth the unnecessary complexity to reduce wear by a minimal amount. It’s the worst way to lose a ball

#4668 11 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So after replacing the Mosfet and the shaker board, I played the game about 25 times with no issues. This has been the most trouble free run on the game so far.
As far as the Mosfet issue, at first I was wondering if it is a design problem, now I am starting to think it is a construction problem. If it was a design issue, more people would be having issues. Since in construction there can be more variances that may be why some are good and some are not.
The Mosfets are blowing due to over current most likely. That would be either because of poor design or a ground in the circuit. With all the circuits seemingly tied together , grounds may be the issue
When I got my game, the play field lights were not working. Turns out one of the light boards at the bottom of the playfield was touching a metal bracket. Got space between the board and the bracket and the lights worked. A thermal protected the circuit I was told.
As far shaker board. Mine was very close to the metal grating for the cab speaker and the amp. My shaker never worked. I moved the board to a spot to the left were it was touching no metal. Right now it is working. I know there are plastic spacers lifting the board via the screws but Looking at the underside of the board, there are two protruding solder connections that could have been a ground point with the amp or the speaker grating. Moved the board about 5 inches to the right so far all is good.
Looking under the play field after thinking about this and found two other spots where boards were touching metal brackets. Loosened the board screws a bit to open up some gaps.
I understand that the light circuits are different than the coil circuits but they do go thru one board. The shaker misfit definitely could have been caused by a field ground.

Following this, I found on mine that the speakers are full of static and flippers buzzing while tolerable it definitely has a noticeable buzzing, I was thinking the same as could be a grounding issue (dirty power) construction opposed to faulty boards flipper buzzing etc…other than that I updated to new code and love this game zero issues with game play straight out of the box, maybe spooky could look into grounding issues, wiring issues or assembly interference might be simpler fix than throwing parts at the game, possibly when they replace boards etc…it’s just the new boards are not hitting or interfering with it and it corrects the problem, Just a thought…….and can’t wait for new code update. Game is freaking fantastic great job, spooky!!!

#4669 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Talk to Game of Thrones premium and le owners who have to pull their upper playfield every 300 plays to clean all the dust and crud that comes off the upper flipper mechs flailing about unnecessarily.

Let's each make a list of games with more than 2 flippers that have played fine for thousands of games vs. the ones where the extra flippers wear out prematurely...

Want my prediction for how that list will look?

#4670 11 months ago

Just caught the Facebook stream--great job Spooky! Really cool look behind the curtain of the wizard!

#4671 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

#4672 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Agreed. Bought an LE from operator (at an awesome price) shortly after it came out (took Stern a while to sell through these, so yes, you actually had LE's on route). Op sold it BECAUSE they didn't want to remove the upper PF...

Mine's been bolted to the floor since I got it...

#4673 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:Probably obvious, but did you enable the "normal" flipper setting in the menu? Also, for a few games on the line I've had to go from "normal" back to "boost", start a game and then go back to normal for the setting to take effect. Also just a note that this change is only for the lower flippers. The upper coils handle power in a completely different manor, so for testing make sure you are only activating the lowers.

They are on normal. Also coil whine is coming from all flippers. Appreciate the help though.

#4674 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are on normal. Also coil whine is coming from all flippers. Appreciate the help though.

I just did what Mr. Peters said. It noticeably improved the flipper whine on mine. Might want to give it a try

#4675 11 months ago

#4676 11 months ago

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue. And for Gods sake, stop it with "shoot the mystery machine" already!

#4677 11 months ago

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue. And for Gods sake, stop it with "shoot the mystery machine" already!

Never had cheap drains with my post at the top. Just feels right…and normal drains that I can save with “ruh, roh.”

#4678 11 months ago

Curious if there's a software fix for this problem. I've seen the problem mentioned a few times...Don't have my game yet, so I don't quite know what the issue is and how it manifests. Is it simply that the ball rolls off the lowest most open drop target and dribbles down the outlane??

#4679 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Never had cheap drains with my post at the top. Just feels right…and normal drains that I can save with “ruh, roh.”

Yes, with the post at the top position it rarely drains on the left side, but it almost feels like cheating. It's too forgiving. Bottom position, forget it, don't even bother. I drilled a center position and it's still brutal. Really kind of pissing me off. The geometry of the posts makes it impossible to nudge your way out of the left outlane without tilting (unless you remove that). I've moved the left post all the way up again. Whatever....

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Curious if there's a software fix for this problem. I've seen the problem mentioned a few times...Don't have my game yet, so I don't quite know what the issue is and how it manifests. Is it simply that the ball rolls off the lowest most open drop target and dribbles down the outlane??

Yes, exactly. The ball dribbles down behind the lower front drop target and straight into the outlane. No amount of nudging or shaking will help if the tilt bob is in place. Unless you put the post all the way up, you're screwed.

#4680 11 months ago

I introduced some sag on the lower flippers. Seems to be more intuitive to my shot style. It's a bit late to analyze at the moment, but I'll put some more time on it tomorrow

#4681 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Mine is staying at the top too. I’d rather have fun than be frustrated.

#4682 11 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

These have been extremely finnicky lately. Working on multiple solutions long term. In the short term we have been able to get them to work well with some adjustment. Usually bending the fingers that contact the ball a bit to the left or spreading them out some has worked well for me. Sorry I know its aggravating!

Anyone have more fixes or resolutions for this ? My ball launch was kinda weak before , now it can’t even make it up out of the shooter lane.

I tired to re adjust the mech, I think I made it worse

#4683 11 months ago

I had no idea how much we were missing with regard to documentation.....

Just got a Foo Fighters which is a new release like Scooby. I downloaded the manual and it is loaded with information!

Spooky must like picking up the phone

#4684 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Anyone have more fixes or resolutions for this ? My ball launch was kinda weak before , now it can’t even make it up out of the shooter lane.

You may want to contact AJ at Spooky.

It seems that at least some of the autolaunch mechs are just too loosey-goosey and they have sent some tightened up mechs as replacements which may fix the issue.

That's what I gather from reading posts.

RM

#4685 11 months ago

Try removing left outlane post rubber.

#4686 11 months ago

Yes, there are way too many 'shoot the mystery machine' call outs which are just back to back and the switch/opto timing of sensing the ball in the MM doesn't seem to help. There is often the same call out just after you land a ball in the MM.

#4687 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Try removing left outlane post rubber.

I may give that a try tonight. I suppose the post will stay in the top position permanently

#4688 11 months ago

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue.

I got the impression that was purposely designed. Get those targets down because they funnel the ball. Didn’t like it at first but it grew on me and some counter intuitive nudging angles seemed to tame the bounce.

#4689 11 months ago

When we use the launch button to lock in a mode, is there a visual indicator on the screen or playfield that indicates the locked/unlocked status? I don't see one. It's definitely needed if it's not already present

#4690 11 months ago

When we use the launch button to lock in a mode, is there a visual indicator on the screen or playfield that indicates the locked/unlocked status? I don't see one. It's definitely needed if I'm not already present

As a simple solution suggestion for Spooky, maybe just change the blinking color of the mode's insert when locked vs not? Much more straightforward than having to look at the display for status. Probably easier to code too....

#4691 11 months ago

I may give that a try tonight. I suppose the post will stay in the top position permanently

It has helped on other games I’ve owned but haven’t verified anything on scoob yet

#4692 11 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

As a simple solution suggestion for Spooky, maybe just change the blinking color of the mode's insert when locked vs not? Much more straightforward than having to look at the display for status. Probably easier to code too....

Perfect, that would do the job.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

It has helped on other games I’ve owned but haven’t verified anything on scoob yet

Yes, my GnR is exactly like that. It actually came without a rubber on the left post. I thought it was missing and put one on. Massive difference. Suddenly it was a drain monster on the left. Removed the rubber, problem solved. Not sure why I didn't think to try it out on Scooby

#4693 11 months ago

do you need a snickers??? LOL!!! kidding aside, i removed that rubber on the left post and it does help! i run my games steeper than recommended, i like them a tad faster ( im at 7.2) and as a trade off i don't install the tilt bob on the thread bar so we can nudge away, but my pins are not location pins.

#4694 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

do you need a snickers??? LOL!!! kidding aside, i removed that rubber on the left post and it does help! i run my games steeper than recommended, i like them a tad faster ( im at 7.2) and as a trade off i don't install the tilt bob on the thread bar so we can nudge away, but my pins are not location pins.

I definitely needed a snickers last night...lol. I'll remove the rubber and see how it plays. I'm level left to right, not sure on pitch. I lowered the front legs and raised the back legs almost all the way, so I know I'm somewhat steep. Is your post in the highest position?

#4695 11 months ago

I definitely needed a snickers last night...lol. I'll remove the rubber and see how it plays. I'm level left to right, not sure on pitch. I lowered the front legs and raised the back legs almost all the way, so I know I'm somewhat steep. Is your post in the highest position?

i left my post at the original spot, that stupid bounce that always drains goes away with the rubber gone.

#4696 11 months ago

Topper question. Does the lighting color change on the topper at any point? My topper LEDs only light up blue and never change colors. Curious if I have an issue or if that is just how it is?

#4697 11 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Topper question. Does the lighting color change on the topper at any point? My topper LEDs only light up blue and never change colors. Curious if I have an issue or if that is just how it is?

This is a known problem that has a simple fix. Next time you boot up the game open the backbox and hold the little button on the board next to the computer - only board in the backbox. Once the game boots let go of the button, close the backbox and it should work for good from here (just a one time fix).

#4698 11 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This is a known problem that has a simple fix. Next time you boot up the game open the backbox and hold the little button on the board next to the computer - only board in the backbox. Once the game boots let go of the button, close the backbox and it should work for good from here (just a one time fix).

Thank you! I tried this fix last night, but must not have held the button down long enough.

#4699 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

I had the issue come up. Sometimes the ball would kick out nice....other times wouldn't make it up. I made sure that the fork is absolutely dead in the middle of the ball when it fires. Once I adjusted mine (I actually bent mine to make it right), I don't seem to have any issues.

#4700 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

So quick update on my lockup issues related to the left flipper,
Spooky DJ reached out to me and suggested monitoring the eos in switch test by moving the flipper bat manually. He said he noticed the eos triggering way more than it should.
I noticed the same on my game.
He suggested cleaning the contacts with a business card.(basically sandwiching the contacts with the card in between and rubbing back and forth) I used a piece of card stock followed by a piece of card stock with some iso propyl alcohol.
It sounds crazy but it actually fixed the issue.
There was no visible corrosion that I could see but maybe some sort of coating from the manufacturer/supplier causing issues? Or moisture corrosion.
Any rate I played two FULL games without any issues which I have never done.
Time to get some high scores except this furry guy loves pinball too and is way too much of a flooof
[quoted image]

How’s the game playing after a few days? Had you on my mind because you remind me of someone. oh yeah, my tabby, Max.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 14.95
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.