Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8815 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5967 (resized).jpeg
20240420_190347 (resized).jpg
IMG_1112 (resized).jpeg
100_0962 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 378.
#17251 3 months ago

Well being that the current conversation is about screens, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to adjust the horizontal position of the image? I have a line or two from the main screen showing on the left side of the mini screen, so I'd like to nudge the image on the main screen a bit to the left if possible. I know you can do this on other manufacturer's screens, but I can't seem to find any buttons on the screen itself or in the service menu.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would appreciate it.

#17252 3 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

No matter where that little screen is placed, it looks terrible. The playfield just isn't designed for it.
This may be nuts and an awful idea, but has anyone thought of using a cheap projector hanging above the game projecting the image down on the playfield. If a person really wanted a second screen on the playfield, it really needs to be integrated with the playfield and not a new device obstructing the view of other stuff. Maybe cover up the playfield area you want to project to with some dark screen material and adjust the picture to fit accordingly.

Maybe it’s just my bad wide angle pics, looks great in person. I was kicking around the idea of a flexible OLED under a playfield protector but that was getting too complex. A projector wouldn’t work.

IMG_5835 (resized).jpegIMG_5835 (resized).jpeg
#17253 3 months ago

Samsung and LG just released 100% transparent OLED displays. It’s not going to be long before we can hover a display OVER the playfield like the P3

#17254 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Samsung and LG just released 100% transparent OLED displays. It’s not going to be long before we can hover a display OVER the playfield like the P3

I agree, eventually that may be a solution. Also looked at the backboard like 86Pixels did for Tron but too far away to be helpful.

#17255 3 months ago

Has anyone received their apron, screen bezel, etc? Not worried about it, but curious now that Ripleys are going out.

#17256 3 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree, eventually that may be a solution. Also looked at the backboard like 86Pixels did for Tron but too far away to be helpful.

What about mounting it on the apron like we used to do with WoZ?

#17257 3 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Has anyone received their apron, screen bezel, etc? Not worried about it, but curious now that Ripleys are going out.

I'm not sure what is going on with accessories. I placed on order for Beacons on December 30th and so far zippo.

#17258 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I'm not sure what is going on with accessories. I placed on order for Beacons on December 30th and so far zippo.

That’s all I got too.

IMG_0883 (resized).jpegIMG_0883 (resized).jpeg
#17259 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Thought they weren't coming until Feb?

#17260 3 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Do you remember the jumper settings you used on the capture board? I have been trying to direct capture the screen for a while now.

#17261 3 months ago

Just checked PB website. End of January for head, bezel and apron. Feb for topper. Beacons still show Nov 23.

#17262 3 months ago

You got to not use weapons to progress to earn the next weapons right?

#17263 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good idea. I’m trying to figure out the least obnoxious way to get the Ambush information in the game. This seems to work on the back but the apron will be next round.

IMG_5849 (resized).jpegIMG_5849 (resized).jpeg
#17264 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Like this?

IMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
#17265 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You got to not use weapons to progress to earn the next weapons right?

Nope, it doesn't matter if you used it or not.

#17266 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Do you remember the jumper settings you used on the capture board? I have been trying to direct capture the screen for a while now.

Yes, you need to short Gnd and S1 as in this picture.

IMG_5853 (resized).jpegIMG_5853 (resized).jpeg
#17267 3 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Like this? [quoted image]

That looks strangely familiar! Probably will throw in the towel and copy you. Thanks for the direction on this, it’s awesome.

#17268 3 months ago

What do you all have the center magnet strength set to? It seemed like the ball grab right on my RE out of box was like 98%, but last night it was like 10%. Turned it up to 10% strength and not sure if it helped, but did notice the ball will occasionally get whipped into the airlock now when you hit the Xeno.

#17269 3 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

A-yep! Although I’d prefer it in the middle, but I see why you didn’t do that lol

#17270 3 months ago

Thought I would post to see if someone else has experienced this. My RV came out of the box with the backbox led lighting not working. I'm referring to the leds that are attached to the inside of the pc enclosure, the strip taped to the top of the backbox is working. Anyway, been working with PB support (they really are awesome and responsive), and so far I've been sent new leds to try and a brand new backbox interface board and yet the issue remains. All of the leds are dark, with exception of LED #1 that is faintly dim.

#17271 3 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Genius! Please do tell how to DIY this!

#17272 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Has anyone installed EOS switches yet?

Don't believe they've been coded for, even though there are EOS connectors on the boards

#17273 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

So, these do screw in from the underside. I got one in, but the fitting on the other kept coming out. Even with it out it seems like something within the hole wasn’t installed properly. I think I’ll just leave it with one.
Wonder if this was a new add to the RV model since PB didn’t even know there was a way to secure the backbox beyond the latch.
[quoted image]

The T-nut flange should be on the opposite side from where you're screwing in the screw, such that it pulls everything between the T-nut flange and screw head together. If the "fitting" (I assume you're referring to the T-nut) is coming out, then it implies that the T-nut is installed on the wrong side of the hole or the screw needs to be installed from the other side. As a reference the T-nut in your picture is the wrong way around (the T-nut's prongs should be facing towards the screw head.

Here's how it should look - hope this helps

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17274 3 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Genius! Please do tell how to DIY this!

My journey was a lot of trial and error so I didn't take pics or keep track of steps. I know the correct LVDS splitter to buy is the V20 version on this page:

https://geekworm.com/products/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-with-lvds-cable

Maybe dts can chime in with steps or pics.

#17275 3 months ago

Have friends over and game went down so anyone online know a fix for the hypersleep lock not popping the ball out? It sees it in switch test and the coil post pops it.

Gonna search too but bummer for opening party.

Fixed by increasing the lock coil power to +20%

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17276 3 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Have friends over and game went down so anyone online no a fix for the hypersleep lock not popping the ball out? It sees it in switch test and the coil post pops it.
Gonna search too but bummer for opening party.

Likely a problem with the mech seizing up. Confirm if the coil is trying to fire by manually lifting up on the mech when it is supposed to fire. If the coil is firing, loosen the screws on the hypersleep lock mech and re-tighten. That's all it took to fix mine and it has been rock solid for 2 years now. If the coil isn't firing at all, check the solder joints on the coil.

#17277 3 months ago

Fixed it. I recall out of the box it was set to +40% on the coil power. I think I set it to default earlier today and just never got one up there till later on tonight. The platform wasnt even twitching then when I got to +20% worked perfectly. Nothing obstructs and smooth. Glad it’s working for remaining of the party.

#17278 3 months ago

I'm so eager to get my Alien-RV but it's still a ways out.

I saw the post from a couple of days ago showing a machine with what looked like green fluorescent plastic protectors. It looks absolutely stunning and I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a set.

But it got me wondering. How well would the playfield react to having some sort of UV light kit and clear plastic protectors?

#17279 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I'm so eager to get my machi e but it's still a ways out.
I saw the post from a couple of days ago showing a machine with what looked like green fluorescent plastic protectors. It looks absolutely stunning and I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a set.
But it got me wondering. How well would the playfield react to having some sort of UV light kit and clear plastic protectors?

I have UV lights in my room and other than the yellow flippers not much glows. If you had the green fluorescent protectors they of course would.

#17280 3 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

My journey was a lot of trial and error so I didn't take pics or keep track of steps. I know the correct LVDS splitter to buy is the V20 version on this page:
https://geekworm.com/products/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-with-lvds-cable
Maybe dts can chime in with steps or pics.

That’s the board, and this is how the connections look inside, with the short at ground and S1 for lower resolution incoming signal, hdmi to hdmi mini depending on the display chosen.

IMG_5798 (resized).jpegIMG_5798 (resized).jpegIMG_5799 (resized).jpegIMG_5799 (resized).jpegIMG_5800 (resized).jpegIMG_5800 (resized).jpegIMG_5801 (resized).jpegIMG_5801 (resized).jpeg

#17281 3 months ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I'm sorry the mini jaw isn't fitting, I pm'd you and CoPinfan. I measured my hood's opening and it measures 15.8mm or 0.6220472in wide. I'm hoping the newer RV versions don't have smaller hoods. If someone with an RV could please measure the width of the hood's opening that the magnet retracts into it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a RV and guessing it has the smaller version because I could not get the mini teeth mod to work this even after trying for a while. Just gets stuck or doesn’t go all the way back to drop the ball. I removed it and back to working 100% every time.

#17282 3 months ago

Anyone else trying to come up with a plan to light up their RVs side art?

Also on the subject of light-while I do like the dark atmosphere, it’s just too dark in my room as I only dim the lights which has never been issue with my other games. So thinking of where to put some spotlights but not overly saturate it like stadiums. Maybe apron strips I can home make for a look too.

#17283 3 months ago

Would one of you please post the specific differences between the LV and the Ripley version? Other than obvious artwork and armor. Is anything missing in the Ripley version? I haven't been able to find a specific list of the differences yet.
Thanks

#17284 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Would one of you please post the specific differences between the LV and the Ripley version? Other than obvious artwork and armor. Is anything missing in the Ripley version? I haven't been able to find a specific list of the differences yet.
Thanks

LV doesn’t have the new mods like painted xeno head, sculpted screen frame, and apron decal. LV has beacons Rv have to purchase. LV sideart is lit up.

#17285 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks

All bling the playfields and software are identical.

- Shaker motor
- Alien queen translite art package
- Egg bumpers are the bursting open eggs
- lit art blades inside
- the beacon lights up top.

I own an LV the past year I might be missing something

#17286 3 months ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s the board, and this is how the connections look inside, with the short at ground and S1 for higher resolution monitors, hdmi to hdmi mini depending on the display chosen.

You don't happen to have a pic of the connector plugged into the computer? I hooked up everything just like that on a couple tries in the past. I wonder if my two different capture cards just didn't like something with the signal? Going to try just hooking up a spare monitor next to see if it pics up the signal

#17287 3 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone else trying to come up with a plan to light up their RVs side art?
Also on the subject of light-while I do like the dark atmosphere, it’s just too dark in my room as I only dim the lights which has never been issue with my other games. So thinking of where to put some spotlights but not overly saturate it like stadiums. Maybe apron strips I can home make for a look too.

Here’s mine. I used an external power supply to light the backboard and trough, along with the backbox. My camera is washing out the light a bit, it’s clearer in person.

IMG_0365 (resized).jpegIMG_0365 (resized).jpeg
#17288 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

You don't happen to have a pic of the connector plugged into the computer? I hooked up everything just like that on a couple tries in the past. I wonder if my two different capture cards just didn't like something with the signal? Going to try just hooking up a spare monitor next to see if it pics up the signal

I don't have a picture, but it should look like the existing connection that you have to the main LCD, but with the spare cable, I believe red wires left on the game board. If you don't see the signal pass through the board to the existing monitor, it is either the adapter board or the cables, perhaps reseat them. If you do have the signal through the board to the game's main LCD, but not your mirror screen display, check to see if the short pin is at default dual 8 and move it to single 8 at Ground and S1 for lower resolution signal coming in. The game display is set to 800 x 480, unfortunately. The resolution switch on the adapter board has to accept the signal source at the lower resolution to pass through to the mirrored LCD. And of course check your HDMI cable as well to the split screen. One of the things that is annoying on the game is the screen resolution is set so low, so the smaller screen certainly looks much better due to the compression. I'm baffled why they didn't copy the original and put it in the playfield. It worked great on mine, no chipping etc. But with this mod, I'm happy.

#17289 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

You have to use the exact board (V20) I linked above. Other boards do not work - I tried several before I found the one that worked.

#17290 3 months ago

I ordered the v20 will I need to buy the cables if so what and what little screen do you recommend
Thanks

#17291 3 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You have to use the exact board (V20) I linked above. Other boards do not work - I tried several before I found the one that worked.

I have 3 of those, tried them all. Any monitor I have around doesn't see a signal with any of them. I tried using an HDMI splitter box too. Even switching OBS to different resolutions doesn't see anything. This baffles me

#17292 3 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I ordered the v20 will I need to buy the cables if so what and what little screen do you recommend
Thanks

I used this one:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Full-HD-7-Inch-1920-1080_1600279078887.html?__detailProductImg=https%3A%2F%2Fs.alicdn.com%2F%40sc04%2Fkf%2FHb3771518672b44d6babf62e4969f279a2.png_200x200.png

But you have to order 2 of them.

#17293 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I have 3 of those, tried them all. Any monitor I have around doesn't see a signal with any of them. I tried using an HDMI splitter box too. Even switching OBS to different resolutions doesn't see anything. This baffles me

Did you short the resolution switch on the board to single 8?

#17294 3 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Did you short the resolution switch on the board to single 8?

I tried all options on the jumpers. Nothing

At this point I wonder, since my game was a very early one, that if have different motherboard or a different display causing config differences. Seems odd that I cannot get this to work.

#17295 3 months ago

I am finally getting around to updating code on my game to 4.0. When I went to Pinball Bros site to download the code, it was confusing.

It says to go the bottom of the page to download but I don't see a link there. A bit above that it has Link 1 and Link 2. Are those links the download for 4.0 updated code? Which one? Any insight from original SV or LV owners is appreciated.

#17296 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am finally getting around to updating code on my game to 4.0. When I went to Pinball Bros site to download the code, it was confusing.
It says to go the bottom of the page to download but I don't see a link there. A bit above that it has Link 1 and Link 2. Are those links the download for 4.0 updated code? Which one? Any insight from original SV or LV owners is appreciated.

Yes those are links to download the software - the first one is to Dropbox and the second to Google drive (both contain the same code update, I guess they provide both in case one site is down or someone has problem with downloading it from one of the sites).

You need to upgrade to 3.2 first and also upgrade the firmware to 0.71

#17297 3 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes those are links to download the software - the first one is to Dropbox and the second to Google drive (both contain the same code update, I guess they provide both in case one site is down or someone has problem with downloading it from one of the sites).
You need to upgrade to 3.2 first and also upgrade the firmware to 0.71

Thank you. I updated to 3.2. Does 4.0 have to be downloaded to Google Drve or Dropbox first? When I updated to 3.2 I just, downloaded the to a folder and copied it to my usb. Is the 4.0 process any different?

#17298 3 months ago

No new news on the Lior topper?

#17299 3 months ago

Hi Alien people!

I am posting my ticket to Pinball Brothers describing a problem i am having with my early run SV.

I read a lot of these posts and see that some have left older code on their SV's . I upgraded to 3.2 and have the Apron mod too .

I believe my issue is related to the software upgrade , because it is primarily a "multiple boot-ups" issue. I can play for hours after booting up 3 or 4 times.

Thanks for any help!

<<<< I was running my early model SV on older software 2.7 , i believe and upgraded to 3.2. I do not have the latest firmware.

I have a weird issue where it takes 3 or 4 times to get it to boot up (turn machine on) to a playable condition.

First boot:

Sometimes the screen doesn't come on or screen comes on and it doesn't recognize the coin door functions and isn't able to start a game ; although the start button is flashing.

Second Boot (turned game on and off) :

Game will appear to boot up fine and now recognizing the coin door. Will not start a game and or will start a game , but the drop targets will not register. I did receive a replacement drop target board at some point. (new drop target parts were sent by PB in March 21, 2022)

3rd boot (turn on and off again :

For the most part booting 3 or 4 times ; depending on if the Alien head successfully tests the tongue ; will result in the game playing fine. I can play for hours without a problem.

Please let me know what you think.

I am reluctant to proceed without some advice because the original SV's were made with parts and boards that may have been upgraded.
Thanks

Ed Z >>>>>>

#17300 3 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Hi Alien people!
I am posting my ticket to Pinball Brothers describing a problem i am having with my early run SV.
I read a lot of these posts and see that some have left older code on their SV's . I upgraded to 3.2 and have the Apron mod too .
I believe my issue is related to the software upgrade , because it is primarily a "multiple boot-ups" issue. I can play for hours after booting up 3 or 4 times.
Thanks for any help!
<<<< I was running my early model SV on older software 2.7 , i believe and upgraded to 3.2. I do not have the latest firmware.
I have a weird issue where it takes 3 or 4 times to get it to boot up (turn machine on) to a playable condition.
First boot:
Sometimes the screen doesn't come on or screen comes on and it doesn't recognize the coin door functions and isn't able to start a game ; although the start button is flashing.
Second Boot (turned game on and off) :
Game will appear to boot up fine and now recognizing the coin door. Will not start a game and or will start a game , but the drop targets will not register. I did receive a replacement drop target board at some point. (new drop target parts were sent by PB in March 21, 2022)
3rd boot (turn on and off again :
For the most part booting 3 or 4 times ; depending on if the Alien head successfully tests the tongue ; will result in the game playing fine. I can play for hours without a problem.
Please let me know what you think.
I am reluctant to proceed without some advice because the original SV's were made with parts and boards that may have been upgraded.
Thanks
Ed Z >>>>>>

On the install/download page they state that if you go to 3.2 the latest firmware is required for it to work right. I just recently did it on an early SV from 2.8 to 3.2(+latest firmware), then to 4.0 and reboot and it's been fine (other than the occasional black screen boot still happening). I rebooted before trying anything so I can't confirm if your issues are normal, but since you don't have the firmware installed, I would start there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/346?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.