b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#939 2 years ago

a handful of people got invoiced today including me (from the "other" thread) .. i am assuming it's on another boat that leaves on June 8th.

2 weeks later
#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa for a week now. I've been asking if Cointaker has any widebody Voodoo glass in, I want to get a sheet ready for the new arrival. Has anybody heard anything?

I got a response on June 10th asking about the 2nd shipment (my invoice stated June 8th shipping) and was told they are being loaded onto a container in Italy.

2 weeks later
#1400 2 years ago

For those that picked up at CT , were you refunded any shipping charges?

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

In Derelict Ship mode where you have to hit the eggs/pops...should both loops feed to the pops? Seems as though only my right orbit shot gets the up-post to drop it to the eggs and left orbit shoots all the way around.
I think there is a blue insert on the right, so maybe that is the shot that is intended? I would think both orbits should feed the pops?
I haven't played many games yet, so I could just be confused as to the rules so far.

look for ferrets posts on this ... believe he said its situational based on what else may be active / lit

2 weeks later
#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Any updates on the second container US bound or is this the wrong thread?

really wish cointaker was more proactive in relaying messages about delayed shipments ..

#1724 2 years ago

Anybody else in the same "boat" as me .

Paid in full and left wondering where your "shipping June 8th" Alien is.

I did email CT, as i would probably advise others to do, and my email (sent July 20th) was not answered.

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Is an Alien in Allentown, PA this weekend?

i did not see an alien .. but CT said the 2nd batch is "on the water" .

Hoping to see mine soon.

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Not so sure about that. Seems to have been on the water for a bit. Guess there was a show in Chicago. Horrorfest maybe? Guessing thats where it would have been if there was one…
How was Ultraman?

Ultraman was impressive. The limit was one ball , so it was hard to a get a complete feel.

The Uttraman thread has a link to a video of some upper playfield play and a multiball.

The shots all felt good and the loops were really buttery smooth with the right loop having a GETAWAY feel for repetition.

The "lifters" were surprising everyone with drains because its an unexpected ball feed from a blind spot in the inlane.

LCD graphic display worked well the the battling and the animations were interesting.

Spooky team has done it again; and the crew watched almost every game . smiling and encouraging the players. Youth in pinball design and manufacturing is a refreshing addition to the landscape.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I just got my shipping notification from CT, no tracking number, but I'm assuming the second container is being distributed?

it's either on a boat or they received it .. although i guess its possible to start processing shipping info before they actually have the game.

i am anxiously awaiting my notice .. bought 2 machines yesterday to make up for it .. lol

#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

After I got the tracking info with the ship name, it took another week for the ship to make it to Italy to pick up my game. Get ready for days of watching a slow ship stop at port after port... further delaying the delivery of your beautiful machine!

Ship shipping is hard!

#1828 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Got my game today. It's playing great. The only issue is the left speaker sounds muffled and quiet but the right is fine. I know the speakers are fine because when I switched the cables the left worked great and the right was muffled. I sent a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer. I'm very happy with it. Pinball Brothers has done a great job considering.[quoted image][quoted image]

congrats! .. were you "2nd batch " .. i am no. 44 PIF and have heard nothing

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Everyone so excited to hear about LV, when the first shipment hasn't even been delivered yet. LOL. I think everyone is going to be waiting longer than they think.

I resisted posting this exact thing .

Just going to express my disappointment (again) with Cointaker and their "no information policy" with people who paid in full.

I was dumb enough to buy from Andrew Heighway and got refunded from Discover . Rolling the dice again.

If there is a delay in shipments , why not communicate that to your customers?

i do want to thank everyone on this thread for sharing information for free.

1 week later
#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Anybody get an update from Cointaker on the expected shipment?

A facebook post on the Saratoga pinball show said they are still waiting for the ship to arrive at port.

Maybe on the 3 month anniversary of payment received

#2027 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updates-from-cointaker#post-6451533

"Just spoke with cointaker and they have 59 units inbound over 2 shipments. Waiting for my location on list, and count how many folks above me to see if there is a machine for me in this batch... i dont think so though."

I can only speculate a container backup at port or delays of that nature.

Was more fun when we had the ship # to follow .

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I do have tracking for one of the containers, it was indeed backed up in port for over a week. According to the tracking it may be on its way to coin taker now.
https://portal.mohawkglobal.com/Authentication/Login
Enter: S00121284 in quick track and submit, then click on the line that comes back. That seems to indicate it arrived and is on its way to Sunbury now..

-
Thanks . pasting here for the "not-so-patiently" waiting .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That last line in the tracking now says:
Delivery
SUNBURY
8/24/2021 12:00:00 AM
And yeah I will probably reload it 20 more times today..

Now 8/25 .. Customs agents playtesting .. don't worry

#2053 2 years ago

Looks like my ship has come in!

No tracking number . For those with experience , does FED EX call?

Pinside can breath a sigh of relief as i will no longer have to bitch about this!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Looks like I get my Alien delivered Monday! Finally!

Did fed ex contact you?

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Ordered 12/18/21 from cointaker. Paid invoice 5/25. Just got shipping confirmation. Game is being delivered Monday, Aug. 30.
As someone who got taken for a ride by Andrew Heighway (ordered 10/2014), I’m ecstatic that I will be finally receiving an Alien pinball!

Just as i was reading these replies i got my notice for Friday! The Aliens have invaded!! <alien head emoji>

#2142 2 years ago

Nope , no truck yet ... maybe if i look out the window every 10 minutes it will arrive faster?

20210827_113718 (resized).jpg20210827_113718 (resized).jpg20210827_113903 (resized).jpg20210827_113903 (resized).jpg
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Did you take the day off ??? I would...haha

Luckily , i dont have to take the day off to do this. Fearing a delay until monday at this point. That has only happened once in the NIB experience.

I have a tech coming to fix any potential issues and help me move some pins around.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2157 2 years ago

Okay keep looking out that window...we need first contact pics asap...lol

Playing great so far .. needed to adjust egg bumpers , flipper sticky and updating code to see if it improves ball grabbing and mutha kickout (a little wonky!

long live Alien!!

20210827_151619 (resized).jpg20210827_151619 (resized).jpg20210827_152709 (resized).jpg20210827_152709 (resized).jpg20210827_154941 (resized).jpg20210827_154941 (resized).jpg20210827_155020 (resized).jpg20210827_155020 (resized).jpg20210827_165905 (resized).jpg20210827_165905 (resized).jpg
#2162 2 years ago

Congrats - So Jelly. Enjoy Enjoy.

Morning Muthas

20210828_095336 (resized).jpg20210828_095336 (resized).jpg

previous high was 90M

#2164 2 years ago

I am coming over for 4-5 hours to play. Do I need to bring anything??

Extra flamethrower to battle these space beasts.

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Turned it on this morning. It booted up fine but left his tongue sitting out. Restared machine and it pulled it back in but hesitated a second halfway up when going back in. And playing blind. No screen.
Rebooted 3rd time and seems fine now.
[quoted image]

i have had issues with the tongue .. if it doesn't pass the boot up test , then the tongue is disabled. I will have to go back and look through adjustments for that.

The tongue is very noisy and seems to be binding (due to noise only.)

Also my tech tried to fix the bushing issue (like hurry up pinball) and seemingly made it worse. All 4 flippers were sticking the next day (somehow the more you play the less they stick) and i had to adjust the height they sit off the bushing.

#2245 2 years ago

Anybody figure out how to tap into the sound for headphones . I emailed Pinnovators today asking the same. Coin door appears to be exact match to Stern JP.

Headphone kit with Woojer is "out of the world" on Jurassic Park and will be "out of this galaxy " on alien.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine is still loud, but did get quieter after the software update. It's functioned just fine though, minus the sound.

i would consider mine loud too .. only went from 2.2 to 2.2 d and didnt notice a significant improvement , although i wasnt expecting one , so ill have to pay more attention.

Pinnovators is working on a headphone kit. I might be the beta tester for this one.

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

All my issues get reported to PB... I provided PB with all the details I posted here tonight.
The remaining issue I have is with the MUTHUR, AIRLOCK, and TROUGH. In rare cases, when a ball goes into any of these three targets, the ball just sits there until A) I press a flipper button or B) about 15 seconds have gone by and a ball-search is triggered. This issue does not prevent a game from finishing, but I'd like to get it solved. Discussing with Cato, it sounds like he is unable to reproduce it on his end. I see it happen at least once or twice in 10 games. Has anyone else seen this problem, so I can tell Cato whether or not it is just me? That would really help.

Running the 2.2D and have the same issue in Airlock and MUTHA .. haven't let it get to a ball search , but yes the ball sits unnoticed (by the switch?) unless a flipper is hit .

I will report today along with constant sticky flipper on my right lower.

#2462 2 years ago

Unfortunately, the days of games being play-tested for months before selling to the general public are over.

Spooky is on the right track with keeping their halloween games around the shop for a couple of weeks before mass producing .

The only hope is to have great customer service , which PB is currently excelling in.

1 week later
#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's just it...there is barely any. When I had the glass out...I swear this already has some amount of anti-reflectivity on it, but no one else has commented.

I often wonder if my glass is anti-reflective too .

There is no glare , but the backglass light is only coming on at boot-up for me , although i haven't checked in a while. I do turn down the backglass light for modern Sterns during gameplay , which is a great feature.

3 weeks later
#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Where do you download the updated code? Can someone please share a link I can’t find it

last time i found a beta update it was in the section where you click to start a ticket ; where you wouldn't expect it to be.

2 weeks later
#3747 2 years ago

Cato sent me 6 rectangle targets and 2 square .. not sure if the squares are replacement for xeno or the chestburster and other square one (forgot the name) .. any way to tell? probably a stupid question , but i feel stupid

1 week later
#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm... I'm not sure if anything changed in this regard on the Pinball Brothers game release, but when I last touched the code, both orbits and the upper loop (Vent 3) should all divert to the pops during Queen's Nest. During Derelict Ship, the "Explore" orbit (blue arrow, I believe) should divert into the pops.

my example works like this ... others are having issues which should be reported.

3 months later
#5665 2 years ago

Will the Stern flipper switch solve the "fluttering flipper" problem. Have had that issue on the lower flippers after the update and was able to turn up the flipper power to offset it , but it keeps returning and needs to be addressed. Cato had said to check the coil wiring as well , but my tech is gone for now and i'm not messing with it.

#5668 2 years ago

FYI:

I was the test machine for an alien Headphone kit from Pinnovators.

The awesome news is that my test was successful and you may be able to contact them for a kit for your PB Alien.

Also works great with a Woojer , which Pinnovators has been incorporating into their show booth.

Headphone kit can silence the game speakers or keep them on while enjoying the headphones, as well as bring headphone and game sound level controls onto the front on the coin door at the dollar bill acceptor.

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

No. It boots to the pinball brothers logo on the backbox display. Next some Linux looking boot sequence comes up for about 2 screens on the playfield monitor and then the screens both just go black and nothing further occurs.

maybe can't hurt to put a code update USB in and see if it boots after that process

1 week later
#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just got my game last week. I have 2.2. Looked. I’m here a little bit where are the instructions to update to new code? 2.4?

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-4-

#5958 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

How did you reload since it wouldn’t even boot up? I think I’m having the same issue you had?

Quoted from Deez:

Yeah I just reflashed the system via instructions provided by Cato and then updated to 2.4. working great now.

5 months later
#9459 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

2.8 running well on my game but I'm getting inconsistent drop target resets now even at +50% power. Had them working flawlessly on 2.4

same problem for me .. had my drops fixed and 2.8 doesnt work properly

1 year later
#17299 3 months ago

Hi Alien people!

I am posting my ticket to Pinball Brothers describing a problem i am having with my early run SV.

I read a lot of these posts and see that some have left older code on their SV's . I upgraded to 3.2 and have the Apron mod too .

I believe my issue is related to the software upgrade , because it is primarily a "multiple boot-ups" issue. I can play for hours after booting up 3 or 4 times.

Thanks for any help!

<<<< I was running my early model SV on older software 2.7 , i believe and upgraded to 3.2. I do not have the latest firmware.

I have a weird issue where it takes 3 or 4 times to get it to boot up (turn machine on) to a playable condition.

First boot:

Sometimes the screen doesn't come on or screen comes on and it doesn't recognize the coin door functions and isn't able to start a game ; although the start button is flashing.

Second Boot (turned game on and off) :

Game will appear to boot up fine and now recognizing the coin door. Will not start a game and or will start a game , but the drop targets will not register. I did receive a replacement drop target board at some point. (new drop target parts were sent by PB in March 21, 2022)

3rd boot (turn on and off again :

For the most part booting 3 or 4 times ; depending on if the Alien head successfully tests the tongue ; will result in the game playing fine. I can play for hours without a problem.

Please let me know what you think.

I am reluctant to proceed without some advice because the original SV's were made with parts and boards that may have been upgraded.
Thanks

Ed Z >>>>>>

#17319 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On the install/download page they state that if you go to 3.2 the latest firmware is required for it to work right. I just recently did it on an early SV from 2.8 to 3.2(+latest firmware), then to 4.0 and reboot and it's been fine (other than the occasional black screen boot still happening). I rebooted before trying anything so I can't confirm if your issues are normal, but since you don't have the firmware installed, I would start there.

Quoted from brado426:

I agree with Zablon. I'd further recommend getting the 4.0 image from PB's support site. That is probably the most reliable way to ensure that you don't have any software problems caused by your upgrade path.

thanks for the replies

The upgrade to firmware .71 changed the boot up behavior a bit and vastly improved the alien tongue "smoothness" in the initial test. That used to be a grinding noise. The tongue retraction in gameplay knocked the ball off because of an increased speed. I can start a game on the first boot but have the switch issue below.

I did notice the unsuccessful boots feature switches on the right side not registering , along with the drop targets. Targets by the right SHIP 180 ramp and the ramp switch itself do not work in this situation. Turn it off and on again one or 2 times gets the game fully working.
PB is suggesting some USB cable checking and a fuse swap and ultimately a possible complete re-install of software to 4.0.

I'll keep the thread updated , in case anyone else experiences these issues.

This game is for sale BTW.

#17361 3 months ago

As a follow up to my having to reboot multiple times to get my early order SV working 100% ;

Hoping that someone knows which cable or fuse to look at for an array of targets that do not initially work. See No. 3

1. Reseated the USB cables and swapped fuses 1 & 3 as suggested by PB and have the same issues. Seems to be worse since switching fuses.

Couldn't tell if i have the 5amp fuses. Maybe replace all of them with 10 amp? I read that on their website i think that they are supposed to be 8amp.

PB still thinks it's cable issue , but they did not answer my main question

2. Upon a unsuccessful boot up :

A. Sometimes first boot has no balls found , left outlane rescue , a zeno related switch "left" registering as "active" - reboot

3. Main problem:

A. A lot of right side switches and the target opto do not register and sometimes i can start a game and they will "turn on" at the start of a new ball (from
what i remember) . Sometimes the screen does not come on either.

B. Switches affected : (didnt test them all but can)

Drop Target bank
Right "SHIP" 180 RAMP
Targets AT 180 RAMP
Vent 2

Thanks for any help.

Ed Z
(feel free to PM if you don't have any of my multiple walking dead sound mods) always free.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.