20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12910 1 year ago

Hey, I'm hopefully a new owner this weekend. Is it difficult to remove the head? Unfortunately, I've had to decapitate all of my games going into the basement. For reference, I have the Sterns down to a science and AP & CGC are easy to remove. Thanks!

#12922 1 year ago
Quoted from jsalce:

You know my basement door for reference. If it's only the head stopping you from getting in the door, for Twilight Zone and Sega games I unbolted the head and twisted the head to fit through the door. I've done it a couple of times now with no issue. Might save you from unplugging everything. Having a second person just to make sure the head is stable while getting through the door is recommended (for sanity), but I've done it once myself.

Thanks, yeah my basement stairs suck because they have one of those 90 degree turns. Taking off the head is pretty much standard. It’s not the door, it’s the turn.

I scoured YouTube and found an unboxing… looks like just a few wires, which is good. The CGC and AP heads were easy because of the hex bolts, Stern is trickier because the bolt assembly has a few pieces. I’m sure it will be fine, but you’re welcome to check it out any time!

#12976 1 year ago

LV 368 in the house.

Don’t, for any reason, ever ever, ever, ever try to take the head off. I always have to remove the head to get games down to the basement and Alien was giant pain in the ass. The beacons and speaker are attached to the cabinet and zip tied all to shit. I sorted it out, but it was ugly.

Anyway, of course the game rocks. Knock on wood, no problems thus far.

6FB5AACA-155C-4588-B3AF-0D75A3D64F35 (resized).jpeg6FB5AACA-155C-4588-B3AF-0D75A3D64F35 (resized).jpegC622988F-3EEE-44BD-BED3-AFD4E1616ACF (resized).jpegC622988F-3EEE-44BD-BED3-AFD4E1616ACF (resized).jpeg64327402-3FA5-4014-9545-A037808EFA94 (resized).jpeg64327402-3FA5-4014-9545-A037808EFA94 (resized).jpeg

#13005 1 year ago

What is the LV attract mode in Settings? Is that the beacon?

I was going to post about the shaker on startup, but it looks like that one’s been addressed. Anyway, it’s awful. The game, though, is outstanding!

#13068 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My target 5 has a short harness hooked up already on board 5 but these are empty .So we need this wire harness ?
[quoted image]

That’s odd. I’m LV 368 and mine is missing that harness as well. Is this a thing?

#13085 1 year ago

I 3D printed some stuff over the weekend. Will paint and see how they look. Free to download on thingiverse.

8967E1FF-6EC4-465D-834E-C56DE4FD5FA0 (resized).jpeg8967E1FF-6EC4-465D-834E-C56DE4FD5FA0 (resized).jpeg
#13092 1 year ago

I’m happy with the airlock. Some paint and stickers really highlighted the area. Hypersleep lock is next.

3C3DF195-C7D0-4F67-92C3-2989CFBD27A4 (resized).jpeg3C3DF195-C7D0-4F67-92C3-2989CFBD27A4 (resized).jpeg8AC22746-A3B9-49F8-ABE7-83867BF39E2D (resized).jpeg8AC22746-A3B9-49F8-ABE7-83867BF39E2D (resized).jpeg
#13101 1 year ago

Fail on the 3D sculpt of the hypersleep chamber. It was super rough, and I went back and forth with sanding and painting. I don’t think I’ll ever be happy with how it looks, so this one goes bye bye. No biggie.

D9F09806-4844-4D9C-9912-DD5369E3E5E9 (resized).jpegD9F09806-4844-4D9C-9912-DD5369E3E5E9 (resized).jpeg
#13109 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Alright I have a stupid question - when and how do you use a weapon? I certainly know how to collect a weapon but I keep hearing talk of use of a weapon and I’ve never seen any way to actually use a weapon in play. What am I missing?

From Tilt Forums:

Weapons:

Weapons are scored in various ways throughout the game:

Making a skill shot at any flashing standup target
Completing the four weapon standup targets during normal play
Winning any mission
MU/TH/UR Mystery

To select a weapon, use the flipper buttons to select the weapon you want (extra ball button on the original Heighway model). Then, to use the weapon, press the launch button. Using the launch button will remove the weapon from your inventory, forcing you to collect it again.

The weapon awarded from any of these methods will always be the next one in sequence. At the start of the game, for instance, the first weapon will always be the handgun; then, if the player hasn’t used the handgun already, the shotgun; etc.

Collecting all five weapons lights the extra ball at the hypersleep ramp or activates a short ball saver if the extra ball has already been collected.

The weapon sequence is:

Weapon 1 - Handgun - Increases the bonus multiplier by +2x.
Weapon 2 - Shotgun - Spots 2 Xenomorph hits. If the Xenomorph targets are lit for an award in another mode, the shotgun will collect the award as well.
Weapon 3 - Smart Gun - Smart Collect. Instantly collects everything currently lit on the playfield (ie. lit mission shots, lit hypersleep locks or extra balls, etc.).
Weapon 4 - Pulse Rifle - Instantly starts 2x Scoring.
Weapon 5 - Flamethrower - Activates the ball saver for 2 seconds. Perfect to use right before the ball drains.

#13179 1 year ago

I’m afraid to say this out loud, but Alien has been the most trouble-free NIB experience I’ve ever had. Zero issues out of the box. 60 games in and the only snag was a weird boot screen. Power recycle fixed it right away. I’m super happy with it so far.

2 weeks later
#13381 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Never mind, I found it. List closed

They opened a second run. Post in the thread to get on the list.

1 month later
#13738 1 year ago

Hitting the the left orbit pretty much always results in a right outlane death… the ball bounces off the tip of the left sling and then heads to the right outlane.

Any fixes, such as an additional (or thicker) rubber somewhere to divert the ball?

6 months later
#15098 6 months ago

Great news. I’m really enjoying Alien and new clips will be the cherry on top.

I’m fine with no characters on the game as it sits. Yeah, the playfield is ugly, but it does the job. Who’s to say the new playfield and art package will blow everyone away?

I’m also jazzed the new sculpts will be available to purchase. Good time to be an Alien owner!

#15101 6 months ago

Ah, my bad. Sounds like translite and cab only.

I do have this Ripley piece in my game room. I really like it, but I’m not sure I’d want it on the game.

IMG_0344 (resized).jpegIMG_0344 (resized).jpeg
#15130 6 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’ve seen many mentions of not using the power or USB from the game for add-ons/mods. I don’t want to mess anything up, so I plan to follow that advice. So how do you do it instead? Run an extension cord to the game somehow? I haven’t bothered to look at the underside of the cabinet, is there a hole to feed something through? I did look inside the cabinet and couldn’t seem to find an auxiliary power plug like what you’d normally find for soldering.

Grab a normal USB 5V power block. Plug your mods into that, and run a normal household extension cord from the back vent of the game to an outlet. I have my games on one outlet, so they all turn off and on at the same time. If you want the mods to turn on with your game, you can get a smart strip that will power off and on with the game.

#15213 6 months ago

$8K is a really good price for this game and they’ll surely sell a lot. It’s definitely competitive with Stern Premiums.

I prefer the LV art package, but this at least looks different. You can tell right off the bat it’s a different model, unique from the LV and SV.

Goodness all around from PB. New code, lower price, upgrades, etc.

#15216 6 months ago

Those look fantastic.

#15221 6 months ago

The new head and airlock covers are definitely purchases for me. The apron matches the worn look of the airlock, but the laser cut apron is so good, I don’t think it could be topped. I’m iffy on the new PB apron.

Looking forward to the topper.

#15225 6 months ago
Quoted from driph:

My guess is that it has something to do with likeness rights. Without seeing the actual terms, they probably got access to original film assets that feature Weaver for the clips/callouts, but may be limited to just that.

I was thinking the same thing, which makes the ‘Ellen Ripley’ version odd to me. If she’s not on the game, how is it the ‘Ellen Ripley’ version? It’s right there on the back glass.

#15319 6 months ago

Thanks for the link. Apron, head and screen ordered. I held off on the beacon thingys.

My wallet prays for a dumb topper.

#15325 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Really? In their description for the new game it says "Special Effects Apron"

Yeah, they need to clear up the header vice the description. It's a magnet decal with cool art designed to look three dimensional. For $70, we're not getting a full metal apron with effects and stuff.

#15346 6 months ago

I paid every bit of MSRP on my LV. The market took a dip on the LV, and will probably dip even more now. It happens, but I'm glad to have the game. I paid even more for the new stuff that comes standard on the new edition, but that's pinball. P.S. I'm not rich either, but fortunate to have enough disposable income to be in this silly hobby.

#15350 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I figure the LV goes up in value now ha. Only one with certain features, powdercoating, beacons, anti glare glass, artwork... and only a certain amount made.

The cool thing about Alien is that all versions have the same mechs and code. I think that was really smart. Sure, the powder and beacons and stuff are cool but only add to the experience, not the game.

This is a huge win for all owners, regardless of trim.

#15352 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This cracked me up

I predict bay doors that open to reveal the Alien queen. It will accommodate all models, with room for the beacons on the LV.

If that’s the case, I’ll order it, shit, cry, and then rejoice.

#15356 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, totally agree. Isnt it normal for all versions to have the same mechs and code? I dont believe I am aware of a game where the different versions play differently...

All Stern Pro and Premium models have different mechs and code. TWD has walker bombs, not available on the Pro. Etc…

Halloween is the same game across all models, just with some bling on the Collector’s Edition.

#15414 6 months ago

Deposit sent for the topper. My wallet is making me sleep on the couch.

#15435 6 months ago

As someone with a Mandalorian topper, I can safely say that not all toppers rise in value.

#15645 6 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I wonder if that $249 price for the Xenomorph mech is for the entire thing, or just the top shell and jaw. I'm tempted to get it if it's the whole thing.

It’s just the shell. The complete assembly is $350.

https://pbusasales.com/spare-parts/alien/playfield-parts/toys/

#15705 6 months ago

Yeah, PB is looking to break into the mainstream with some fairly aggressive pricing, features and marketing. I think they’re making some great moves, and more Alien owners will hopefully translate into even more good things.

They’ve proven they can provide great customer support, the build quality is there, and they can deliver. I can’t wait to see their next theme.

#15725 6 months ago

Yeah, the head was semi-translucent in the first movie with a human-ish skull. Part two they went all Klingon with the head, Part 3 was a dog hybrid, and so on.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15882 5 months ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Hi everyone. I'm just about to pull the trigger on an Alien LV - my first NIB machine.
With the problems that NIB can have out of the box (as with any title) do you guys feel that with Alien in particular, there appear to be less "issues" with the later build dates?
Specifically, do believe that say, serial #7 is likely to have way more problems than #777?
I'm not sure of the specific serial# that this guy has, but I know he's had it sitting in his warehouse for a while.
It's not necessarily going to be a deal breaker. Just wondering what I might be in store for.
Thanks for any input.

#368 here. I’ve never had a problem, so I’m not much help. Check for loose connections and other normal NIB stuff. Doesn’t seem to be a ‘usual’ problem.

1 week later
#16105 5 months ago

LV owner here and couldn’t be happier! The mo’ Aliens, the better.

#16107 5 months ago

Admittedly, it stung a little to pick up all the cool new add ons, but no one put a gun to my head. I’m stoked to add a little bling to an already great game.

I’ve really connected with this game and I’m stoked to see it get continued support.

2 weeks later
#16384 4 months ago

That’s a huge code update, wow

1 week later
#16520 4 months ago

Congrats to the ‘early adopters!’ Let us know how it is.

#16565 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the point of even having a knocker if most play on Free Play?

Because physical knockers are awesome. I put them on my Spike Stern machines. They add to the experience, though others may not like them. No biggie.

#16567 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is there any point to a knocker other than earning a free play? Seems like a missed opportunity for more interaction.

The possibilities are endless as long as they’re coded in. AP was great about this.

With Houdini, the knocker was a gun during the shooting mode. In Oktoberfest, the knocker was the gun when you shot ducks. In Sterns, the knocker goes off with a free game, jackpots or points. I’m coding a homebrew that will use the knocker during certain modes.

Again, it’s all in how you use it.

#16608 4 months ago

Dumb question. I just updated my code to 4.0, but my firmware is at .57. Do I need to update the firmware also? Game functions normally, no issues.

#16652 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

EDIT---FOUND MOST INFO ON THEIR SITE..but one question that needs to be asked..is it safe to upgrade the current game code with the old .57? firmware???
What is the minimum firmware requirement to get the newest code update? Where’s the main page (pinballbrothers.com?). And where’s the instructions to download? and proper procedures to safely update from fw old EDIT --- .57? Basic questions but honest ones! We need a sticky

I updated to 4.0 code with the old firmware. Nothing exploded. I’ll update to .72 firmware this week. The new code worked fine.

#16656 4 months ago

.57. Totally explosion-free.

Having said that, I plan to update the firmware this week to prep the topper and stuff. I’ll report on any explosions.

1 week later
#16856 4 months ago
Quoted from perry1670:

It was very unfortunate about what happened to the machine, we all hate to see something like that happen to a new pin! I'll try and give a brief rundown of events to avoid a potentially protracted drama session.
He was immediately offered the choice of a full refund or a new machine and choose a new machine. A new machine was shipped and the old one shipped back (obviously at no cost to him).
New machine arrives and it does not meet customer expectations. The Lockdown bar won't fully latch on one side and had cut into the front decal, the apron was "damaged" and the certificate of authenticity had a crease in it. So new lockdown bar, apron, front decal and certificate were mailed and installed and old "damaged" items returned. Pictures attached.
At this point the machine is good, and customer is happy. Customer requested a 10% refund which I unfortunately cannot oblige. I offer a smaller recompence which is not near the requested amount and it is rejected, then the posts on Facebook/Pinside start.
Through 72 minutes of phone conversation and over 110 emails I have tried to provide good customer service but unfortunately in this instance I was not able to meet customer expectations.
I truly hate having to make this sort of post and apologize because it detracts from what I feel the thread is truly about: talking about a really awesome game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stuff happens. You didn’t pack or damage the game, but you did everything in your power to make it right. Sounds like a nightmare customer.

I’ve had to reject damaged NIB games. It sucks, but it happens. You don’t sign, you talk to your distributor, and you figure it out. It’s not rocket science.

4 weeks later
#17255 3 months ago

Has anyone received their apron, screen bezel, etc? Not worried about it, but curious now that Ripleys are going out.

#17258 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I'm not sure what is going on with accessories. I placed on order for Beacons on December 30th and so far zippo.

That’s all I got too.

IMG_0883 (resized).jpegIMG_0883 (resized).jpeg
#17261 3 months ago

Just checked PB website. End of January for head, bezel and apron. Feb for topper. Beacons still show Nov 23.

3 weeks later
#17656 70 days ago

Looks like the beacons and bezels are trickling out, which is awesome. I ordered the apron, Xeno head, topper and bezel day one, nothing heard yet. I’m wondering if PB plans to package all together in February?

#17659 70 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

PB posted this on Instagram on 1/31. Sounds like waiting to ship orders until all items in the order are ready is their plan.
[quoted image]

Okay, makes sense, thanks!

#17764 66 days ago

Just paid the topper invoice. Ordered day one.

1 month later
#18640 12 days ago

If you’re getting it welded, don’t use loctite. Use something temporary, like tape or hot glue. It will be ugly, but playable until you have a permanent solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 160.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.