20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 378.
#16901 4 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have mine at 6.7°
Here are some things to look at
1) Be sure to adjust the spinners so that they are vertical at rest and spin easily or they will brick
2) Ensure the right orbit takes the ball to the right flipper, if not you may need to adjust the ball guide and make sure the ball is not hitting target 5 and deflecting coming out of the orbit
3) Scoop should smoothly send the ball to the left flipper, lower the coil power or follow PB adjustment procedure if not.
4) Try different coil setting for upper right flipper to help dial in your hypersleep shot

individual flipper angles are a big thing here too. each has its own sweet spot!! For my lowers i have them parallel to the lane guides. Upper right has a "droop" to slightly behind post. Upper left is slight droop from lane guide.

#16902 4 months ago

Make sure all you new Alien Ripley people get your votes in for the game. Although I am reasonably satisfied with the game sitting at #35 I do think it could stand to be a few positions higher and be appropriate.

#16903 4 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Make sure all you new Alien Ripley people get your votes in for the game. Although I am reasonably satisfied with the game sitting at #35 I do think it could stand to be a few positions higher and be appropriate.

There have been some serious downvotes the week alien hit nr. 1 spot. Next week it was at nr.50. The stern army came in and godzilla got back on top.....
I think it will never properly recover from that....although it deserves a higher place even.

#16904 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

There have been some serious downvotes the week alien hit nr. 1 spot. Next week it was at nr.50. The stern army came in and godzilla got back on top.....
I think it will never properly recover from that....although it deserves a higher place even.

Yah getting it to #1 was silly and the Stern fan reaction was just as silly - but I think it should be top 30 even 25 in my opinion but its in a respectable spot even atm which is nice

#16905 4 months ago

Hi all,

Working on installing my Apron Mod today by Evolution Mods.

I have to remove the bumper post and connector part under the playfield in order to fit the new apron. What is the best way to remove that underneath part that the bumper post screws in to? Just pop it out with a punch or something?

Edit - Nevermind. Found that screwing it in underneath and then pulling down worked like a charm.

#16906 4 months ago

Anyone heard of their Ripley landing soon? I was hoping for a christmas miracle but it's looking less likely.

#16907 4 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have mine at 6.7°
Here are some things to look at
1) Be sure to adjust the spinners so that they are vertical at rest and spin easily or they will brick
2) Ensure the right orbit takes the ball to the right flipper, if not you may need to adjust the ball guide and make sure the ball is not hitting target 5 and deflecting coming out of the orbit
3) Scoop should smoothly send the ball to the left flipper, lower the coil power or follow PB adjustment procedure if not.
4) Try different coil setting for upper right flipper to help dial in your hypersleep shot

This is EXCELLENT feedback. Thank you for these suggestions!

The spinners are definitely bricking, now that I think about it. That is a huge issue especially with modes where I need to get to the pops.

I think I'm good on the right orbit --> flipper
Scoop is intermittent - i may reduce the coil power.

Hypersleep shot: I bumped up the coil power quite a bit; that seems to be better now. before I was rarely able to make it up the ramp.

Thanks to the others who offered additional suggestions too

#16908 4 months ago

Ok guys, this Apron Mod is becoming a real pain in the ass!

Whats the issue here. The apron fits fine, but as you can see, not enough room to let the ball drain.

Also, the parts of the apron that looks like alien burns, mine arent lighting up but ive seen others that do. Thoughts?

20231218_135840 (resized).jpg20231218_135840 (resized).jpg
#16909 4 months ago

Rager170 I had the same issue- I ended up bending back the apron a little to make room for the ball to clear- Also check the led strips on the underside where the alien burns are- there is quite a bit of hard foam in there. I made sure my Leds were working then scraped out a little bit of the foam so the lights would come through. Once you get that apron up and going it is AWESOME-

#16910 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok guys, this Apron Mod is becoming a real pain in the ass!
Whats the issue here. The apron fits fine, but as you can see, not enough room to let the ball drain.
Also, the parts of the apron that looks like alien burns, mine arent lighting up but ive seen others that do. Thoughts?[quoted image]

I also had the same issue..I bent it in, just like the other poster here did..check the connections on the lighting that goes to that board (inside the apron on the left) that's probably why the acid lights are not lit (who knows, but good to check the connections on that board). My main beef (although I like the apron), is that you can't see the center post on the machine, which is a big deal for me (and others that know how to 'play' that center post). A lot of center post hits can be saved by just letting it bounce back into the pf..but if you can't see it, then it's a crapshoot.

#16911 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is EXCELLENT feedback. Thank you for these suggestions!

The spinners are definitely bricking, now that I think about it. That is a huge issue especially with modes where I need to get to the pops.

I think I'm good on the right orbit --> flipper
Scoop is intermittent - i may reduce the coil power.

Hypersleep shot: I bumped up the coil power quite a bit; that seems to be better now. before I was rarely able to make it up the ramp.

Thanks to the others who offered additional suggestions too

I also set my right lower flipper up just 5-10% power and you can back hand the right ramp wireform if your quick in letting go of the flipper to get the upper flipper out of the way

#16912 4 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Rager170 I had the same issue- I ended up bending back the apron a little to make room for the ball to clear- Also check the led strips on the underside where the alien burns are- there is quite a bit of hard foam in there. I made sure my Leds were working then scraped out a little bit of the foam so the lights would come through. Once you get that apron up and going it is AWESOME-

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I also had the same issue..I bent it in, just like the other poster here did..check the connections on the lighting that goes to that board (inside the apron on the left) that's probably why the acid lights are not lit (who knows, but good to check the connections on that board). My main beef (although I like the apron), is that you can't see the center post on the machine, which is a big deal for me (and others that know how to 'play' that center post). A lot of center post hits can be saved by just letting it bounce back into the pf..but if you can't see it, then it's a crapshoot.

Thanks guys, Ill try bending a bit.

For the acid burn lights, I checked and they are working. But there are no holes to get through the foam.

Thoughts?

#16913 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For the acid burn lights, I checked and they are working. But there are no holes to get through the foam.
Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by no holes. The foam cutout doesn't go all the way thru. The lights are below it. I would check the connector where it connects to the main board. I had an issue where the wire ends pulled back from the clip and not making a connection. You just push them back into the clip further.

#16914 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not sure what you mean by no holes. The foam cutout doesn't go all the way thru. The lights are below it. I would check the connector where it connects to the main board. I had an issue where the wire ends pulled back from the clip and not making a connection. You just push them back into the clip further.

These foam pieces are hand-made and it sounds like we got a few that need channels cut. His LEDs appear to be working fine and we are working with him in a tech support ticket on his issues. These issues all sound like easy-fixes.

#16915 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thoughts?

I’d guess that since the lights are working, the foam is perhaps too thick for it to penetrate through to the surface. There should be no holes in the foam, as those lights transmit through the foam for the effect. Have you turned the lights off in your room? These acid lights aren’t super obvious in a well-lit room.

#16916 4 months ago

Hi All,

Things are coming along better now, weapons light is working. I got the apron fitted by bending.

Just need to hear back about cutting a channel. There is no cutout in my foam.

20231218_153141 (resized).jpg20231218_153141 (resized).jpg
#16917 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Alien is officially my new favorite game of all time. I just can't get enough of it. The new code with Ripley just brings the game over the top. I didn't realize how much content was missing with the old clips by trying to just not have her in there. It's like a whole new game.
I can't stop playing it. Definitely glad I stuck if out after all the issues I had early on. Game seems rock solid now. Thanks PB Bros!

This has me hyped.

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anyone heard of their Ripley landing soon? I was hoping for a christmas miracle but it's looking less likely.

I don't think they'll land by Christmas. Still holding out hope for before New Years.

#16918 4 months ago

yes Rager170 that looks very different from the foam I have- i would carefully chisel away at that foam to allow some access for the light to pop through

#16919 4 months ago

The Ripley edition and new code has turned me 180 on this game. I have been at NO Ripley = NO buy, so now Pinball Brothers you got my money.

#16920 4 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

yes Rager170 that looks very different from the foam I have- i would carefully chisel away at that foam to allow some access for the light to pop through

Thanks. I got it to look fine, but took a bit of scraping away.

#16921 4 months ago

Question for those of you with the Limited Edition Apron Mod... Evolution Mods has been very helpful and I had a question about the "limited edition" lettering. They said it has a green filter over those letters and the only way to change that would be to change the film.

Has anyone done this yet?

#16922 4 months ago

My distro said the games are stateside and going through customs as of today.

#16923 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for those of you with the Limited Edition Apron Mod... Evolution Mods has been very helpful and I had a question about the "limited edition" lettering. They said it has a green filter over those letters and the only way to change that would be to change the film.
Has anyone done this yet?

As far as I know, no one has ever even asked about the Limited Edition color or wanted to change it except for you. If you want to try this, I think you would be stepping into brand new territory.

If I wanted to do this badly enough, I would probably buy some lighting filters off eBay and experiment with them.

Maybe something like this?

ebay.com link: itm

#16924 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

As far as I know, no one has ever even asked about the Limited Edition color or wanted to change it except for you. If you want to try this, I think you would be stepping into brand new territory.
If I wanted to do this badly enough, I would probably buy some lighting filters off eBay and experiment with them.
Maybe something like this?
ebay.com link: itm

Well that figures, lucky me! I do have a bunch of filters at home but im not sure I want the task. Its not necessarily that I dont like how it looks, I do actually. I just like options. If anything, I would like Limited Edition to be white, while Alien to be blue, so not sure thats even possible. Again, just getting picky.

Thanks again Brad. You guys were very helpful for me today with my install. It looks great!

#16925 4 months ago

If anyone is interested in some mods for Alien let me know.
I have new apron cards, face hugger lane extender that helps activate that upper right hand magnet more often, and a hypersleep chamber mod. Thank you!
Here’s the link to everything!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-mods-apron-cards-facehugger-lane-extender-hypersleep-chamber-

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16926 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

This has me hyped.

I don't think they'll land by Christmas. Still holding out hope for before New Years.

You’re going to love it!

#16927 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Installed Ripley code 4.0 (already had firmware 0.71), now the machine boots on occasion to the black screen. At first the center magnet seemed not to catch the ball anymore, but I lowered its power to 10 % and its much better now. I had set it in my previous gamecode to 30 % (I think my previous gamecode was 3.2a5 or something like that). Hopefully the sweetspot of the gamecode will be found!

I installed the full gamecode ISO 4.0, but it still boots into black screen on backbox on occasion. Similarly no development for the center magnet - still misses to catch the ball - its 50/50 does it catch it or not. With my earlier gamecode (I think it was 3.2a5) I had not booting into black screen problem - hopefully atleast this matter gets sorted again.

#16928 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I installed the full gamecode ISO 4.0, but it still boots into black screen on occasion. Similarly no development for the center magnet - still misses to catch the ball - its 50/50 does it catch it or not. With my earlier gamecode (I think it was 3.2a5) I had not booting into black screen problem - hopefully atleast this matter gets sorted again.

I don't think your black screen issue is a game code problem at this point. I haven't seen a black screen in over 6 months now.

#16929 4 months ago

I'm still getting black screens after new code.

#16930 4 months ago

So honestly how do people feel about maintaining this game? Are replacement parts easy enough to come by? Do you have to get some things from PB themselves and is that a problem if your in North America?

#16931 4 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

So honestly how do people feel about maintaining this game? Are replacement parts easy enough to come by? Do you have to get some things from PB themselves and is that a problem if your in North America?

Only issue I’ve had are the flipper springs, and those can be had from multiple sources.

Once I did need something PB specific and it was inexpensive and shipped very quickly.

So far it’s a non-issue.

#16932 4 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Its been some of the best customer service ive seen. Any time I needed parts, they have arrived that same week... Granted, im not too far away from the warehouse.

#16933 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

If this info was from cointaker it prob is an exaggeration. Just a heads up that they've got a history of just telling people what they want to hear.

#16934 4 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

One reason I sold my Heighway version was to have an actively supported version of Alien. On my LV, there was a proximity sensor that didn’t always detect the ball in the left outlane 2. Shawn shipped a new board immediately. No other issues, it has been excellent. Later runs usually have the bugs worked out, so Ripley should be good.

#16935 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

If this info was from cointaker it prob is an exaggeration. Just a heads up that they've got a history of just telling people what they want to hear.

It wasn't

#16936 4 months ago
Quoted from dts:

One reason I sold my Heighway version was to have an actively supported version of Alien. On my LV, there was a proximity sensor that didn’t always detect the ball in the left outlane 2. Shawn shipped a new board immediately. No other issues, it has been excellent. Later runs usually have the bugs worked out, so Ripley should be good.

My LV has this issue atm on the left outlane - seems if the balls falls through too quickly it won't pick it up. same goes for the one next to it the ball can quickly fall through a little high kinda skipping the sensor

#16937 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think your black screen issue is a game code problem at this point. I haven't seen a black screen in over 6 months now.

But I did not have the black screen problem on my backglass monitor with my earlier gamecode 3.2a5 (or something like that) at all. Now with 4.0 it returned.

#16938 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But I did not have the black screen problem with my earlier gamecode 3.2a5 (or something like that) at all. Now with 4.0 it returned.

I get the black screen on the pf screen now. My old code was bulletproof. I’m sure they’ll fix this, and I needed the new video assets!

#16939 4 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

My LV has this issue atm on the left outlane - seems if the balls falls through too quickly it won't pick it up. same goes for the one next to it the ball can quickly fall through a little high kinda skipping the sensor

Try reseating the board, if the sensor is closer to the ball it should detect it. In my case, I didn’t want to place a screw on the edge of the board to push it closer, and the new board proximity sensor is perfect.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I get the black screen on the pf screen now. My old code was bulletproof. I’m sure they’ll fix this, and I needed the new video assets!

New code is working on mine, maybe try another download?

#16940 4 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

i Just had to replace the left spinner.. USA parts had them at 25 bucks with decals on them. Stock up on the target and xeno switches.. Always have these on hand.

#16941 4 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Try reseating the board, if the sensor is closer to the ball it should detect it. In my case, I didn’t want to place a screw on the edge of the board to push it closer, and the new board proximity sensor is perfect.

New code is working on mine, maybe try another download?

I just get a blank PF screen at times, that's all..

#16942 4 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Make sure it's not just skirting by the sensor. I moved my rubber on the outline posts down a little to keep the ball from being able to go too close to the posts which caused the sensor to miss the ball....been rock solid ever since.

#16943 4 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I get targets (plastic with rivet and micro switch breaking) breaking, so I always have some spares.

#16944 4 months ago

Where are you buying extra targets from?

#16945 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Where are you buying extra targets from?

These are more expensive than I thought they would be..

https://pbusasales.com/spare-parts/alien/playfield-parts/standup-targets/

#16946 4 months ago

Grab 4 of em and hold em.. not sure what the long term life of these is going to be.

#16947 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I've been told first wave of Ripley machines (those who paid in full in November) could be delivered to customers by end of next week.

#16948 4 months ago

Updated the mini beacon mod to the slightly larger beacons. Originally I had the ax-511 now using the ax-510.
Used the awesome beacon holder driph made available and just made the holes on the ends bigger.

BF69DB0E-C46C-4133-85B5-7791F6C81E4C (resized).jpegBF69DB0E-C46C-4133-85B5-7791F6C81E4C (resized).jpeg
#16949 4 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Updated the mini beacon mod to the slightly larger beacons. Originally I had the ax-511 now using the ax-510.
Used the awesome beacon holder driph made available and just made the holes on the ends bigger. [quoted image]

That reminds me I need to add these little beacons. They arrived the other day, I have to get that STL!

#16950 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Grab 4 of em and hold em.. not sure what the long term life of these is going to be.

4 of each size? Or is one more prone to failure than others?

What about that mod that puts the spacer between the banks of standups, I've seen people say that has resolved failure in those entirely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 18,879 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/339 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.