IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktcoady12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11490 1 year ago

punkin I have had my SV for about a month- I absolutely love it- Stacking MB and learning when to use weapons is key- Also getting good at nailing the hyper sleep ramp helped- Once I get in the flow and zone of that game to me it is on par with Godzilla- I frequently go back and forth between the two and love both- I am an average player at best who just enjoys playing- It took me months before I cracked 1 Billion in GZ and still haven't made it to planet X -

#11567 1 year ago

Zablon where did you order these from? Thank you

#11578 1 year ago

YES ME TOO

#11706 1 year ago

Same here Drebay got home from work and updated this afternoon. Everything seems smooth so far. No issues yet.

#11732 1 year ago

GamerRick I am on the new code and haven't experienced any issues so far- maybe about 20 games so far on it- My chestbuster magnet is working- The only issue I had prior to the update is that the video would not load on boot up and I would have to restart the game- seems to be solved so far.

The only things I have done to "dial" my game in- decreased the shooter eject power - the welds on the ball guide were disconnecting- I had to put a little jb weld on the disconnect and turned down the shooter- 7 degree incline feels right for me- helped with game flow and shots- use good quality carbon balls- my super "shiny" balls were getting magnetized -

It is an awesome game- very unique and immersive- I love it-

#11835 1 year ago

WizardsCastle it has probably been mentioned before- Try turning down your upper right flipper power a little bit- I believe I have mine set at -30 % power. It definitely helped me with that shot- still challenging but not over the top hard now for me-

#11869 1 year ago

Optimiser can I ask how you did this? "I connected the 2 boards together for the 5th target by modifying a spare target cable I had and it works a beauty on my SV."

#11874 1 year ago

henning Awesome- thank you !!

#12061 1 year ago

I am waiting on my Beacons and Apron for my SV- can't wait

#12063 1 year ago

yes- those wire forms become loose- i had that issue- I removed it- but some jb weld on the spots that became disconnected- After reinstalling the launch wireform I lessened the launch power by 20 % and have had no issues since- the force of the ball was causing the wires to get disconnected-

1 week later
#12333 1 year ago

I am at 7.0 plays great for me-

1 week later
#12532 1 year ago

driph did you ever get your tongue issue resolved- I am now having the same issue where every other time the tongue wont retract- it seems the jaw is closing prematurely on mine and the tongue stays out- I tried calibration and it seems to fix the issue momentarily, but then goes back to the stuck tongue- any help would be appreciated greatly-

#12546 1 year ago

I turned my xeno tongue off for now. Strange it works fine durning calibration but in actual gameplay when the tongue comes out the jaw closes on it before the tongue retracts and stays stuck out

1 week later
#12664 1 year ago

The game is an absolute blast and the Apron mod just throws it over the top! Enjoy- I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I were you

#12666 1 year ago

ThePinballCo-op I have been running .71 with no issue until last week- tongue extends- comes back a little and gets clamped into the jaw- this happens during gameplay as well as testing and calibration mode- I have been working with PB support to find the fix- I checked the clamp down screw to the gear and its tight- For now I have the XENO turned off in gameplay- but I would like to get XENO's tongue back on track -

1 week later
#12796 1 year ago

What strength are you all putting you flippers at? I am going to experiment with mine a little ( I have my game at 7.0 level)- My targets are taking a beating- I Busted the target to the left of the scoop - I was just curious to see if anyone has a setting that they feel is dialed in well for them-

#12871 1 year ago

Thank you @greasman my xeno is back on track and firing away 100 percent.

1 week later
#12992 1 year ago

fsumassey my xeno targets and weapons targets on the scoops were getting pretty beat up and bent causing some airballs. I took the targets out- bent them back into place and dialed down the lower flipper power a little (which actually made the game a little better for me) - I do feel like I will need some new targets soon though as they took a little damage prior to my adjustments-

#12996 1 year ago

My targets are original - may 2022 build-

#13027 1 year ago

billsfanmd I have an SV built May 22- I have not had any real problems at all- I get the Black screen on about every 10th startup. I assume it is something minor like a handshake issue with the HDMI cables. Other than that it has been a complete beast plus PB Support is second to none.

#13028 1 year ago

Just added the stasis mod last night. Looks pretty awesome with that little face hugger in there

473ADC73-9CD4-41E4-AB45-A253A3B219CE (resized).jpeg473ADC73-9CD4-41E4-AB45-A253A3B219CE (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#13950 11 months ago

I am at about 800ish plays on mine- Playfield is holding up very well. I did mylar the inlanes, thats it- I have more of an issue with the targets. I did put precision flippers in recently, and lowered the flipper power 20 %- but those targets take a beating - I constantly have to take them out and bend them forward. And the plastic "button" is getting close to breaking. I get some funky airballs- I was actually having a good game last night and had a ball fly up onto the left plastic- bummer stopping the action to slide the glass down and throw the ball back into play. Has anybody come up with a soultion for the weak targets? That being said I have had this game for a year and still absolutely love it-

#13953 11 months ago

I hope you like it- I have had an SV for a while and enjoy the hell out of it- It can be a little brutal if you do not have your shots dialed in- But it is a blast to shoot- A good change of pace from stern games (no knock on stern I love me some Deadpool and Godzilla) - Learn the weapons and when to use them- also learn and blow up the modes- I still play it almost daily-

1 week later
#14010 11 months ago

I have a July 22 build SV- I have had very few issues with mine and it gets a lot of play- My targets bent a little (not uncommon) just bent them back- Software no issues- I did precision flippers -

#14020 11 months ago

I hope we can buy parts in the US soon. I broke both my sling plastics. Shipping from over seas is $$!!!

#14026 11 months ago

Yes Shawn is very helpful- He sent me a new post when mine snapped- Also had a small issue with Xeno tongue- THe support from him is second to none- I have had very few issues with my Alien SV- probably have around 800ish plays on it. Such a great game and a massive change of pace from Sterns (which I love) but its fun to go from Godzilla to Alien- two different worlds-

3 weeks later
#14155 10 months ago

hmmm- I have had a 5V led strip in my back box (2d translite)- I have an SV with probably close to 1000 plays and have had no issues at all. I guess I am lucky?

3 weeks later
#14298 9 months ago

I have been on the latest update- I usually leave my games on most of the day when I am home- 1 out of every 10 times I have to reboot on startup- other than that the screen stays on and there are no issues - sometimes on for 8-12 hours a time playing sporadically with no issues- I love Alien and I doubt it will every leave my collection- its pure pinball at its finest -

#14315 9 months ago

Yes - I would be in on one too-

2 weeks later
#14415 8 months ago

I have had an SV for about a year- It has been very reliable. I don't know the others reasons for selling. I love the game and do not plan on parting with mine any time soon. I have a few sterns and JJPs in my collection. I love alien for how different it is. It is a little bit of a brutal player in my opinion- Much shorter gameplay times for me anyway as opposed to deadpool or godzilla where I have had some long games. Alien is a fun and surprisingly fast game for a widebody-

3 weeks later
#14513 8 months ago

SV Owner for almost a year now- Minimal issues- This game is legit- Beautiful- and is still a go to game for me. It has also made me a better player- I don't think I will part with it anytime soon

1 month later
#14929 6 months ago

I installed the anti airball target wedges on alien last night- best $8 I have spent- I was sick and tired of bending the targets- and this was the solution. I played about a dozen games or so after and the results were great. The game plays silky smooth now and feels great. I would highly recommend if you have airball issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-pinball-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge

#14933 6 months ago

I just did one wedge- So far it has been great- the smoothest my game has felt in over a year- put them on my godzilla targets next to the building and had the same result

1 week later
#15079 6 months ago

WOWOWOW- SV owner here- I am psyched for this update !!!! One of my favorite games of all time us about to get even bettter!

#15114 6 months ago

Just installed deflector mod. Very cool and right ramp shoots like butter now.

IMG_2982 (resized).jpegIMG_2982 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#15960 5 months ago

I have had my Alien SV for a while and it gets a lot of plays- PB support is amazing- I had a few broken targets along the way that I replaced- I highly recommend https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-pinball-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge these wedges- Dramatic difference- no more airballs and no more broken targets-

1 month later
#16605 4 months ago

Wow what an update. Sv owner here. Great job PB brothers.

#16662 4 months ago

Busted the post in front of the upper right flipper today. Epic fail on Ripley day. I improvised. Does anyone know the post size replacement? Thank you

IMG_3337 (resized).jpegIMG_3337 (resized).jpegIMG_3338 (resized).jpegIMG_3338 (resized).jpeg
#16697 4 months ago

Rager170 Yes many ball hits- I Play a lot of alien- I emailed PB support - Cant find imperial posts on MARCO or PBLife- The new code is great-

1 week later
#16909 4 months ago

Rager170 I had the same issue- I ended up bending back the apron a little to make room for the ball to clear- Also check the led strips on the underside where the alien burns are- there is quite a bit of hard foam in there. I made sure my Leds were working then scraped out a little bit of the foam so the lights would come through. Once you get that apron up and going it is AWESOME-

#16918 4 months ago

yes Rager170 that looks very different from the foam I have- i would carefully chisel away at that foam to allow some access for the light to pop through

1 month later
#17356 89 days ago

Hey all I want to drop some black mirror blades in my SV. Would Bally/williams style fit ?

1 week later
#17493 78 days ago

I have mpdpvdpin old SV for about a year and a half now- This game probably get the most play for me in my collection. This is obviously in a home not route- But I have put about 2000 plays on it and often will play it for long periods of time. I usually fire up my games on my day off early and leave them on all day - I would say 5 % of the time I get a black screen on boot- When I leave the game on for 10-12 hours my screen stays on- no black screen I put plastic protectors in- The targets were getting bent causing airballs- I bent them back and reinforced them - they have been good- I had to adjust the Xeno tongue once- its been good and grabs the ball almost every time. Again as a home use game it has been very reliable for me-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktcoady12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=ktcoady12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.