b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7030 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How many Alien LV's have been delivered thus far ? What's the time line expectancy of the first few hundred games or for them to finish the 1000 run ? How many can they crank out per week / month ? I can't wait for my LV, just curious how long it will be for me and others to get their game. I'm hoping sometime before the end of the year. CoinTakers website does show "Delivery 2022", but who knows.
I see #25 hit pinside market place already. $14,500.

I put a deposit on an LV last weekend so I'm one of the high numbers I'm sure....but that's ok because it gives me more time to save the money.....I was told 6-7 months out most likely until mine is ready, but I'm thinking it will be more likely be over a year out....just a hunch, but I'm ok with that. I just hope I am able to get one this go around....last time didn't work out too well! So glad I might be able to get my dream theme first NIB machine!!

Oh, and I'm VERY happy to see the Customer Service response by PB's....VERY impressive and it helps me feel better about spending so much on this pin! Kudo's to them and keep it up!!!

Brian

1 week later
#7228 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

For those that are interested...or for what it's worth, I received an e-mail from Coin-taker this morning (unsolicited) telling me that my LV order would be an additional 90 to 120 days before delivery. I placed my order on 4 November 2021. I let them know that I appreciated the head's up.

No surprise...they told me 6-7 months when I put my deposit down at the Pinbrew show and I figured that really meant 1 - 1.5 years out realistically....figured its been 5 plus years since my last deposit for Alien, what's another year or more....

2 months later
#8437 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It’s day 190 since I paid in full for Alien LV #32.
Feeling like it’s close now.
Went ahead and had shoulder surgery so I can’t play it for another 4 weeks, so maybe time will line up just right.
It is stateside at least.

Why do you have to pay in full and then wait 6 months or more to get the game? I have a deposit down on one, but I don't like the fact that they are asking for full payment and then it's 6 month or more until you receive the game...I thought they asked for the rest of the payment when they had it state side and it was ready to ship to you.....how is this any different than paying for the game in full with Highway and then crossing your fingers that you get it? After the highway fiasco, this makes me a little uncomfortable...

1 month later
#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm in the same boat as you. Paid in full a month ago and I get a different story each time I speak with Cointaker. Seems to be a common experience. I'm sure it will arrive....eventually.

Curious what excuses you are all getting...I haven't gotten notice for final payment, but that is one thing that I don't like about this whole process is the request for final payment BEFORE Coin taker gets the machine on their docks....makes no sense!

1 month later
#10590 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Alrighty!
My LV Will be here soon, in-transit anyway, so fingers crossed!
Who sells those fancy green plastic protectors?

Congrats! When did you put a deposit down and when did you get notice for full payment? Just curious as I have had an LV on order for a while now and it's been crickets for 6 months.

#10601 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If you ordered from cointaker... give Melissa a call, she can let you know details
Ordered May 6, 2021 $1. Paid Deposit October 2021 $1000, Paid in full July 2022

Appreciate the time line...She told me 6 months when I put my deposit down early April, but I told my wife it would probably be more like a year and it looks like I am right. Yours was basically a year from deposit to ship.....Only 6 more months to wait! haha! I'll probably give her a call in a couple months if I don't hear anything from her by then.

1 month later
#11220 1 year ago

Alien LV #239 is in the house!! It’s taken 5 years and 8 months to get this machine….I was in on the original Heighway version fiasco, but I FINALLY got one! So pumped finally have this! Not opening it yet until a close friend can be a part of it, but it is here! Was super excited when this pin was announced back in 2016 and so thankful that PB has re-made it! Woooo-hooo!

B2B1E0B1-9790-4E6B-BAE7-5230EE8DAB8B (resized).jpegB2B1E0B1-9790-4E6B-BAE7-5230EE8DAB8B (resized).jpegDF5F5E83-EB9B-4025-B0C6-3469F764D7C6 (resized).jpegDF5F5E83-EB9B-4025-B0C6-3469F764D7C6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11296 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No worries, it's a bit confusing how things worked in that time period.
Also, remember that back then it was a constant game of changing specs. Originally the games only had a playfield display, and the backglass was big. Then they started adding the giant backbox displays, and there was little room for art at all. Things that were designed got tossed.
When PB standardized on the single standard sized backbox LCD they came to me and asked if I would redo my original full LE art to be the LV one with room for the LCD. I took that opportunity to add more detail and color.
And of course now with a 'standard' cab design the old side art was way too small, so redid that to match, got to work with them on the powdercoat color, basically put together a cohesive package. Which is why it's nicer than the old Heighway stuff, because adults calmly sat down, made a plan, and worked together to get it all set.

Aurich - Powder coat color is perfect if you ask me. Goes SO well with the cabinet art and isn’t just a color to have color like a lot of pins out there. Awesome job!!!

1 week later
#11456 1 year ago

Unboxed my LV yesterday! #239 and working fine! Checked all connections before turning it on and everything looked really good and tidy! Very well built! I'm REALLY glad I went with the LV. This machine is sooo nice looking! Updated to 3.0 code and it's playing great! MAN what a great game! Definitely the best sounding game I have ever owned!

IMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
#11486 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I ended up replacing the switches completely. It plays so perfectly now.

Did you buy the recommended Stern switches or another switch? Are the stern stitches dual action or whatever they are so you can flip the bottom flipper and not the top?

#11508 1 year ago

Found out something pretty cool tonight while playing....you can get a super skill shot if you plug the ball and then hit it into and up the left in lane....or somehow manage to get it to go up and into the left in lane....not easy to do, but i did it a couple times and one was worth 7 million!!! Pretty cool!!!

#11524 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I again just have to comment how kick ass PB support is, as before I could email them that my original problem was corrected, they emailed me letting me know they "heard" i got it fixed and that I may want to get the pop bumpers moving more. They then sent a link to a video on doing what you just suggested to do! I put PB support up there with spooky and JJP. I originally was nervous to nab a Alien due to some of the challenges and was not sure how support was. THis community let me know it was rock solid and they were not lying. Keep up the great work PB support team!

1000% totally agree with this! PB support is Better than top notch! If anyone is hesitant about this pin because of some issues seen with various games, don't be! PB support is SUPER fast and great to work with!!! So nice not having to worry if anything happens because you know the support is there!

#11545 1 year ago

I am having trouble deciding if I should pull the trigger on pinstadiums for this pin. I get it is supposed to be a dark theme however I love a solid lightshow. Anyone try them on their alien and hate them?

I definitely would not install them on an LV...I play mine in the dark and it's plenty bright.

#11570 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Is there anything i can do for the lower right gate? Sometimes fast balls coming from the "2" shot bounce back out into the outlane.

Almost seems if the post or rubber on the lower corner by the gate could be a little smaller diameter, the ball wouldn't hit it as much...mine seems to never enter the gate smoothly....or move that post a little lower, but that would defiantly be a lot more work.

#11582 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I see, or move the guide where the ball is coming from up a littlebit.
Yesterday my scoop started shooting the ball more inconsistently, sometimes SDTM. Any fix for that?

I did this tonight...drilled the mounting hole in the guide bigger so I could move it up....the ball feeds better than before, but not 100% perfect. It really depends a lot on the speed of the ball entering that area too. It's better so I'm leaving it....on to the next tweak of the game.

#11596 1 year ago

So I've update my game code before, but not the firmware. Do you need to do the rebuild before updating the firmware or is it just like updating the code? Code was pretty simple to do.

#11597 1 year ago

Another thing that's inconsistent is once in awhile in ambush the alien will such the ball up but not drop it. I added brand new balls so I do not think it's the balls being magnetized. Is it a switch issue and if so is there a fix to make it consitent.

I would make sure the tongue us going back far enough to make the ball drop...I believe there is a mechanical release....the tongue goes back and the ball hits part of the mech and releases it. Maybe try calibration the tongue first and see if it happens again?

#11660 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Ok, I did a factory reset after updating and the magnet is now working correctly. The 5th weapon target isn't lighting up though even though it's plugged in. (LV) Everything else seems great. No more noisy tongue

Regarding the 5th target light. It is plugged in but you need a jumper from board 3 to board 4 for the target light to work. I asked PB support about that and they said that your distributor is supposed to send those out to people. I’m thinking we will have better luck just buying a connector that will work and taking care of it ourselves.

#11684 1 year ago

If the people having issues with the new code and firmware want to go back to .57 firmware, is there somewhere to find that? I saw the 3.0 and 3.1 software listed, but did not see where the .57 firmware was in case I need to go back to that.

#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I was contemplating buying an SV this weekend but these last few pages have me concerned. Is the machine worth the hassle?

YES!!!! 100% YES!!! It is an awesome pinball machine! Remember, all you see are the machines with issues....I've put over 100 plays on my machine in a couple weeks and it's been great! Does the tongue grab the ball EVERY time....no, but it honestly doesn't bother me...it picks it up about 75% of the time which is fine. LOVE this machine!!....and besides...even if you have issues, Pinball Bother's support is AMAZING! They reply so fast and genuinely care about making your game right. That speaks volumes of this company alone!

#11733 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Good morning everyone I just joined the Alien LV club! Just ordered from Cointaker, I hope to have it before the New Year. I’ve been wanting to get one since Pinball Brothers released it, but a little nervous purchasing from a European company that’s new. I’ve been following this thread and I see that they have great service at Pinball Brothers. From reading this thread it sounds like this pin could be as heavy as 350 pounds which seems unbelievable to me. I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me the true weight of this pin. I’m trying to figure out how difficult this is going to be to move into my basement. And if anyone has a picture of the back of the back box I would really appreciate that. Hard to find specs on this pin. I am hoping the bugs with the new code update are fixed before I get it.

Congrats! The machine doesn't weigh any more than the typical wide body pin...I hangs TZ and it's actually lighter than TZ because it doesn't have as many assemblies etc that TZ has.....I don't think it weighs 350 pounds. 350 was the weight on the shipping label, but take the pallet out, box, packing, legs, etc, etc and its probably under 300 pounds.

#11739 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

My SV is going well on the new 3.1 and .71, but I'm still getting the ocassional black screen on bootup.
The really bad thing that was happening before these updates and still is, is the machine rebooting while nearing the end of a long, busy, high scoring game. Really annoying. I have sent logs and PB says they are aware of this bug and are trying to fix it.

I guess I haven't had a long enough game to have this happen....can only get around 100 mil right now....this thing is a ball buster!

#11746 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Damn you just ordered and hope to have it by the new year? what information do you have on a shipment to NA? I ordered maybe 6 weeks ago and I was sort of thinking it would be somewhere in Q1 on my LV but god I would love to be wrong.

I wouldn't count on Q1 honestly....I would say at least 6 months or more after order. hopefully, I'm wrong, but that is what I have been seeing...and yeah, no way Gamerrick will have it by the new year if he just ordered.

#11756 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Like I just said cointaker has it in stock they ship right away no waiting if you are in the US

WOW! You are super lucky! Perfect timing I guess! Congrats and enjoy!!!

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Holy cow! I ordered my Alien LV about 2:00 am Sunday. Got a shipping notice today and just checked tracking and it’s scheduled for delivery by Fed Ex freight tomorrow! Cointaker is 228 miles from my house. That’s impressive and definitely the quickest a pin has ever shipped from order and quickest delivery date from ship date. Looks like I’ll be moving some pins around tonight

That's awesome! Wish I got mine that fast! It seems like Pinball Brothers is getting all caught up with existing orders if people are getting games this fast!

#11783 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just set the game up, and got "cabinet switch" error. Unplugged and replugged a bunch of stuff, and now seems to be fine. But I went to check the video connections by lowering the header, and a whole bunch of cables popped out. It's like there's no space at all.
Also, when lowering the playfield back, I cannot get it to sit in the second groove so that the screw can go back in.
Is it supposed to go back, or sit like this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It should sit in the back slot....the one it is in is for the lock bar tabs....sometimes it just takes a good push to get it to go into the slots...I sit the tabs down on top of the slot piece and push them back into the back slots with the ends of a plastic torpedo level....works fine, just need to man handle it a little...

#11794 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

One more thing... When you switch the game on, should the shaker motor go off?
As soon as I hit the power switch, the shaker violently shakes the machine for a second, and then the game boots.

Normal.

#11851 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

So for the LV specifically do we just need to plug in the existing cables for the targets that are unplugged and then update the code?

Yes, if your plugs are there for the targets, just plug them into the corresponding plugs (it will say target #1 etc) and then for the #5 you need the connector to jump board #4 and board #3 as in the picture a couple post above. Target lights work from software version 3.0 and up. Four out of five of mine work because I don't have the connector.

#11969 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks pal. I know this is going to be a silly question but is Alien worth owning?

YES!! 1000% yes!

#11988 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

the revive light being on sometimes & not saving the ball. .

This is just from the ball skirting by where the switch is not seeing it under the playfield. I fixed this by using a little bigger rubber on the post to force the ball to go over the switch if it goes on that side. Small tweaks, but no big deal.

#11989 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

One last question. Is the standard version good enough or is the LE that much better?

I think the LE is WAY better than the SV...just my opinion though...has the better art, the powder coat matches the art perfectly and isn't just powder coated to be powedercoated, the lit side blades are cool and add light to the game so you can play it easily in a dark room, the backless is just bad ass. The shaker isn't that big of deal, since the sub woofer makes the game shake anyway. The alien head side blades are pretty cool, but not that big of deal....the limited number plaque is cool....I just really like the LV art/whole package better...feels more complete than the SV. Gotta weigh if you want to spend the extra money if it's worth it for you though.

#11997 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Are you looking at the correct place for the switch? It’s between the lower posts, not where the i serts are. Many people get that wrong and think the inserts are where the ball needs to pass.

Not sure exactly where the switch is under the playfield, but when I move the ball by hand tight to the posts on the right hand revive lane, it doesn't register. When I put a larger rubber ring on that post, it forces the ball to go over the switch and register the revive....seems to work fine on my machine...

#12045 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just started happening to mine too since upgrade, but as said, count to ten before repowering.

I have had this happen since I was on 2.8, 3.0, and now 3.1....not that big of deal, but I don't even wait the 10 seconds or whatever...just a quick off and on and it boots up fine then...glad to hear they are working on a fix. I figure it isn't as big of a deal since it doesn't affect game play.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Really getting close to trading or buying into an Alien SE or LV..My main preference is the LV, as it just looks SO much nicer with the 'better' artwork...Asking if those who bought an SE wished they had gotten an LV? Or any LV owners don't really think the art package, shaker motor, beacons (come on, lit art blades?!) are worth the extra coin? I'm not a big ALIEN fan, but I'm a huge ALIENS fan I want to make the right choice the first goaround!

I was in on the original heighway version and then they went under. I wasn't planning on buying Alien when the SV's came out, but then I saw the LV at Pinbrew and I was instantly hooked again! I am a BIG alien/aliens fan and have always loved the movies, so this is the perfect theme for me. I think the SV doesn't look as "finished" as the LV, but that being said, I don't think the shaker is that big of deal to me. The sub shakes the game more than the shaker does. Everything else, I like better than the SV....some will tell you to buy the SV and get the apron and beacon mod, and that might be fine for some, but I wanted the new beacons and the lit cabinet art blades and I liked the LV art package better. I most likely will not add the apron mod to my LV because I already have the beacons and $750 or whatever it is for the apron/beacons is a lot of coin for a mod....don't get me wrong, it is a VERY impressive mod, but I will probably not get it ever. It's really up to your personal tastes at the end of the day since you are buying it for you and not for everyone else! Like I said, the alien theme is my dream theme so I went all in!

#12090 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Fair enough I understand of course. Do you know where to order a spare Pinball life doesn’t have it.

Just FYI ion case you need to order spares...which I have done since I have seen this before on here and it can't hurt to have spares.... here's the part number for the springs at Pinball life that will work as replacements....

Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring
265-5035-00

#12149 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Damn that’s a hard mode!! Getting the amount of pops you need and hit the airlock shot. What does hitting the xeno do then?

You only need one pop hit and then the airlock...done 3x

#12188 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thank you applejuice for confirming this and the pictures. I will put in my Amazon order now for the same connectors on the Amazon USA site.
amazon.com link »
Happy New Year!

I just ordered some of these connectors and it looks like there are 40 of them....soooo I don't need that many obviously. If anyone would like some sent to you for the cost of USPS I'd be happy to send them to you so you can get the 5th target light working.....of course, this is at your own risk...meaning, if you smoke your Alien machine, it isn't my fault! I'm just trying to pass it on....or whatever. haha!

#12294 1 year ago

Just got my highest score ever tonight! 239 million! All multi balls except all out war...two hyper sleep multi balls and three turret gun multi balls! Two extra balls too...got really lucky with some weapon usage...smart gun saved a drain and started newt multi....another weapon got me an extra ball...still not sure how to select weapons easily since the flippers are used to cycle the weapons...hard to pick what you need. MAN what an AWESOME machine!!!

#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

For those of you with newer builds, SV or LV, can you comment on how your upper playfield post, post right below upper right flipper, is holding up or staying in place to not cause any playfield damage please.

My machine is a Sept. build LV and my post is doing just fine after 160+ games. No playfield damage at all.

#12325 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I talked to PB support tonight, the replacement post is 18mm in length. So if yours is shorter, you have the original post. They also removed art from below the post on new playfields. So if you have no art under the post you should be GTG.

Yep, no art under my post.

#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

seems like there’s quite a few misc problems but all seem to be easy fixes and pinball brothers has good customer support. Just want to confirm I guess that’s the case with this.
I’ve been trying to source R&M and WoZ and honestly I feel like buying used and overpriced I might as well just get something new, different and fun.
Never played a new wide body but that doesn’t seem to be a big deal.
Other main question, I really really really want to be able to play this with the volume up and the lights off…. Is this a good pin for that?

- PB support is second to none! VERY fast response and will help any way they can....not sure who else can say that about a pinball company.
- Alien doesn't play like a wide body to me (wide, empty and floaty)...it plays super fast with one ball and even faster with multi-balls! I had an Indy Jones and it just seemed way floaty and the ball spent most of the time going back and forth across the playfield between the slings and stand up targets on the left and right....not so on Alien!
- The LV is PERFECT for playing loud and in the dark! I NEVER used to play pins in total dark until I got the Alien! It's super easy to play in the dark with the lit side blades and rear panel!
- Only other advice - BUY IT NOW! haha!

#12457 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

How are you Alien owners finding the Xeno to perform and calibrate on this PB version? I’m thinking about getting an LV, but I owned a Heighway version, and the Xeno was very temperamental and not simple to calibrate. How is PB’s Xeno out of the box on these?

I had one time with 2.8 code that the Xeno did not pull the ball back in its mouth. I did a calibration of the xeno and I have not had that happen again in 175+ games. I think it works pretty darn good!

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

So on new item for me just today is my left sling just kinda wigs out once in a while now doing a spaz of like three slings rapidly instead of 1. Hasn't effected gameplay cause the ball is already gone after the first one. But if anyone has had this and has a pointer.

Sounds like an easy fix. Adjust the leaf switches behind the sling shot rubber so they aren’t as close. Most likely they are so close that once it fires, it rapid fires because the switches are getting tripped again. Widen the switch gap and you’ll be fine.

1 week later
#12594 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I suppose I’ll take a smell dremmel tool and see if I can open that playfield hole a little larger to accommodate the larger skirt? Any better ideas?

I wouldn’t use a dremel. I would use a drill and a bit that is just a tad bigger than the hole there already. That way you don’t risk messing up the hole. Use the hole as a guide.

1 week later
#12670 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Not really needed unless you get wild airballs from the reverso ramp...

Every once in a while I get an air ball off that ramp, but it’s not enough to warrant the printed fix. I like it without better. It keeps you on your toes when it happens….that’s pinball…unpredictable sometimes.

#12721 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Would you be willing to share your older code and firmware?
Thanks,
Ted

Last I saw the older 3.0 software was still available on the pinball brothers site. I think it’s under support and poke around in there. It’s there and you can download it and save it to your computer.

#12722 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

This ball jam has happened a number of times during multiball with 2 or 3 balls on the right inlane. Any thoughts on a fix or anyone else have this happen? I have a SV build #42.
[quoted image]

Maybe increase the size of the hole coming down from the right ramp to inland so the balls don’t take so long to go down. I notice on my game sometimes the balls kind of circle the opening before going down to the inlane. I’ve never had an issue with balls getting stuck there, but I’ve thought about opening up that hole with a dremel and sanding attachment to get it just a little bigger so they go through easier and faster. Mighty be worth a shot.

2 weeks later
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Does no one have any insight on the flipper overheating issue?

Nothing to really do except put a fan on the flipper coil if playing that long. Alien is not the only machine that has this happen with king game play. I haven’t noticed it yet since I don’t play for multiple hours at a time.

#13032 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't believe the shaker is coded for SV. I really don't think it is even necessary though.

I kinda agree...I have an LV and with the sound turned up, the base feels like a shaker...only time I know it is shaking is when I feel it in my knees if they are touching the corners of the cabinet.

#13086 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I put em on then blackwashed them to give more definition.. worth it if you are loving the modding.[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you blackwash them....spray black on them and wipe it off before it dries? I have some I have not installed yet and I may want to do that...

#13165 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes mate, seems fine now.

I think that may be a one time thing when 3.2 is first booted up...I had that too and told support and Shawn said to power cycle it and it will be fine....said some people have had that, but then after power cycle it was fine...I haven't had it since the first boot up and my machine has been fine since.

#13167 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Novus 2 & 3 have abrasives, so I wouldn't be using those. PB recommends Carnauba Wax and soft cloths made for polishing or sponge. Do not use microfiber cloth.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000685194-polishing-the-playfield

I don't get the no microfiber cloth statement....I use those on my car with clear coat and wouldn't use anything else. I have used microfiber cloths on other pins as well....what are you supposed to use then? I thought microfiber cloths were about as soft as they come.

1 month later
#13672 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The coil keeps firing no matter unless I unplug the lines to it .Everything seems fine in test .I don’t know I’m at a loss .

Submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers...they will take care of you asap!

2 weeks later
#13813 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Late to the party, but had to pull the trigger on an LV. Incredible pin that I wish I had brought into the collection sooner. Like many of y’all said in earlier posts, not sure why this thing doesn’t get more positive recognition for the absolute beast that it is! My first wide body pin I’ve owned. Only a few games registered so far but everything was intact, connections under the playfield were good except for one that I had to re-seat. She’s running smooth right out the box. Can’t wait to dial this in more later tonight. Cheers![quoted image]

Congrats! When she is dialed in, it is super fast! My last game I had some combos that were so fast I don't even know how I hit them....well, I guess I do...LUCK! But it was awesome! You'll have a LOT of fun with this awesome pin! Mines never leaving!!

#13814 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have so many games where the ball goes across the playfield and there’s no chance to nudge it out; it’s just gone. But I keep coming back!

You need to hit that upper left ramp to light the revive inserts in the left out lane so when you drain, you get the ball back. Makes it a LOT more forgiving!

#13896 12 months ago

Everyone complaining about PB giving a discount when you already have your game…remember that….you have been enjoying your game already! I’m good with having my game already for 6 months. Hopefully more people will be getting this awesome game and will be able to save a few bucks at the same time! Good for them!

2 weeks later
#14013 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How are the switches on standup targets holding up? Still thinking about buying an Alien, but freaked out by quality issues

mine have been fine. No issues at all and I’ve got around 300 plays.

2 months later
#14405 9 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Nothing wrong I believe. Pb support suggestion was to lower flipper strength (as it seems a common issue on most recent machines). I did this and sure it helped, but the game plays slower now.
Angle is 6.5

I agree that there is nothing wrong...it happens sometimes...I just play on...it keeps you on your toes and it doesn't happen every time I hit that ramp. Maybe if it was happening 100% of the time I would look for a fix, but I would say it happens 5% of the time so I'm letting it go. My machine is set at 7 degrees.

#14431 9 months ago
Quoted from Citizen69:

Hello sweetheart’s!
Just became an owner of this beast. Just tinkering around the gear mech. I have 3.1 firmware. I haven’t heard what a perfect motor mouth sounds like so can someone tell me if this is normal or should it be more quiet?
Thanks in advance.

That's pretty good for being right up on it...under glass it will be a lot quieter and 3.1 firmware is WAY faster and quieter than previous firmware. You are good to go!!! Now play that beast!!!

1 month later
#14851 7 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have one of the first made and still get a black screen every once in a long while, hardly anything to get upset about.

Mine is from at least a year into builds and I get the black screen on boot every once in a while...just re-start and it's fine...not really that big of deal in a home arcade. If that's the only thing wrong with my machine, I'm good with that!

#14852 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After loving Queen as much as I do, I'm seriously contemplating getting an Alien LV...you guys are all still loving yours?

Um...YES!!!! This machine is not going anywhere!! Awesome game...never get tired of it!!! GET ONE!!!!

2 weeks later
#15086 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does that mean we will be getting an update also to have those extra scenes? Better be! lol

Yep! That's what they said on the pinball news interview....all alien owners can update their code!

3 weeks later
#16010 5 months ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’m thinking about getting a Ripley edition but have a few concerns that I figured could be answered here.
What is the overall quality of Pinball Brothers games?
If you have an issue that warrants a replacement part, how long does it take to receive it?
I’ve heard that the game is very immersive and the sound quality is great. Just wanting to reach out to the owners and get your thoughts on my questions above. I guess my only worry is the quality/construction/parts used in the game.

I think the quality is great. Issues get resolved faster than you can think about the issue getting resolved...they ship parts immediately that you need and they come from the location in Pennsylvania, not Italy, so you get them in a couple days! The sound and game play are amazing and SUPER immersive!!! It's an incredible game! Two words....BUY IT!!! Especially at the 8K price!!!! It's a steal for what it is these days!

3 weeks later
#16383 5 months ago

New code testing...pretty cool!!! Looking forward to installing in my LV!
https://fb.watch/oAoLSMR79f/

2 weeks later
#16788 4 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Played one game of the 4.0 code and now it sits here at every boot. It does nothing. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Best thing to do is submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers support...you will get an answer from them faster than you will get one from us! They are the best, so submit a ticket and I bet you are back up and running sooner than later!

1 week later
#16942 4 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

My LV has this issue atm on the left outlane - seems if the balls falls through too quickly it won't pick it up. same goes for the one next to it the ball can quickly fall through a little high kinda skipping the sensor

Make sure it's not just skirting by the sensor. I moved my rubber on the outline posts down a little to keep the ball from being able to go too close to the posts which caused the sensor to miss the ball....been rock solid ever since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=conester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.