Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Why only $100k? Wouldn't prospects for quality and success improve with a 250k ultra or 500k giga whale?

$60 million is a better number.

1 week later
    #474 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I tried to call but got some random bar in Halifax ??

Try calling in the evening.

2 months later
    #6630 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

That is the saddest picture I've ever seen on pinside.

At least it's not on foam.

#6916 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Are those targets on the left that say SAVED, standups or drops? People keep calling them standup targets but that looks like a drop mech and drop targets to me.
    Wow this is the first post I actually asked a pinball question on this thread! Just kinda hit me when I typed it...

The targets themselves need to be caps from beer bottles.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #8070 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

... Had to hit 2 Sobeys to get a deal. Breakfast & Lunch meals. Bread is super dry, washed the breakfast one down with senior McD coffee. Do some playfield work later today. The coach sent in the next $1k US for Pinball Life order.
    [quoted image]

So what does the wifey do for meals? Do you pick something up for her too?

1 week later
    #8646 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

If it seriously wasn't for the fact that pinball stuff is so blatantly expensive. i would with all sincerity consider investing a little money and time into making a playfield that's exactly like the one GWJ is attempting but with no alterations. but then i start talking to GWJ out of curiosity about the cost of it and it's just SO EXPENSIVE. it's wild.

Have you thought about playing around with Future Pinball or Visual Pinball? Free design software to layout a playfield and even test play a virtual playfield? Doesn't cost anything and might peak your interest some.

I should add, I haven't tried either of those, so maybe something else is more appropriate. I'm sure some of the other guys in the thread have some experience and can chime in if needed.

#8676 1 year ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

Here’s a pic I snapped a while back from my phone. Not sure if this is the current version I have now. Haven’t touched it in a few weeks.
    I used this layout as a way to learn VP so I could learn the software and hopefully prototype my own homebrew some day.
    I just got home from work. Maybe I capture an actual video or better pictures later this evening[quoted image]

Quoted from AviRoo:

I'm taking a break with the Visual Pinball. I resized the playfield schematic PERFECTLY and set up ALL the walls. The Targets. the rubbers. spent soo much time getting them straight. only for the stupid thing to crash and all my progress was gone! oh well. you seem to be doing a much better job then me anyways LOL

Maybe you (or TreyBo69) can send the file to Avi to play around with? Apologies if I'm putting anyone on the spot, wasn't my intent.

#8680 1 year ago

oops, double post.

#8689 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

That figure 8 loop is epic and anyone who disturbs the flow of that outer orbit needs their head examined.

Earlier I couldn't figure out the figure 8 comments - now I get it. Very slick.

#8704 1 year ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

I totally get it. If I were making my own game I’d rather have a box of parts and a blank playfield to test also.
    When I made it, It was never my intention to bring it to this thread. If You, iceman or Jon have any issue with the video or anything I’ll gladly take it down.

I think it's neat we can get some sort of an idea for how the game shoots. I think it has bumped up interest a bit, it has for me. Of course, doesn't replace the whitewood, but cool nonetheless. It's just a more sophisticated way of looking at the shots, which we all did in our heads anyways when we saw the layout.

There's no rules associated with your pin simulation, so you're not really 'letting the cat out of the bag'.

#8760 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Now I shouldn’t speak for John or anyone but what you have to ask yourself when posting this stuff is if it’s going to add any value to the thread. Again I understand GWJ’s “Rocky” past with playfields but Texas man seems satisfied personally with the results so far. That should be the ultimate end goal. I don’t personally understand the constant need to bring up GWJ’s past. It feels more so like a regurgitation of the same critique against GWJ. No disrespect at all obviously it’s not just YOU I’m targeting it was more of a general statement.

You're making a lot of fans here, Avi. You have a good outlook on life.

1 week later
    #9136 1 year ago

We should be tracking daily beer count in Excel.

Err, maybe not.

#9220 1 year ago
    #9359 1 year ago
    #9635 1 year ago

Fridge at Sunrise:

Fridge at 11:00 PM:

#9637 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey now, the drinking starts at the crack of dawn. This is a legitimate place of occasional work.

Updated!

1 week later
    #10098 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

...Still might go back with the new Fast Pinball system since it looks like Santa Claus has showed up there. They would be floored to be associated with this build, & the coach seems to be on board with maybe a change or not. Jon Norris is likely familar with how...

You don't really need either of those to test a flipper, pop, etc. You just need a power supply.

Might as well ask, do you have a power supply?

#10108 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Actually because of how they have chosen their parts, they can’t. You can’t wire a single wound coil direct to a power supply or a pop with a low voltage switch. (I mean you could, but stuff wouldn’t last long)

Yeah - I was assuming the flippers having a EOS best case, or just be quick w/the flipper button otherwise. But doable to test some shot PF geometry real quick.

#10507 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

[quoted image]

Same thing with me.

#10509 1 year ago
    Quoted from slag:

I PM'd Avi. Maybe there is a moderation time? I don't know. I'm gonna leave it until tomorrow.

No biggie, might be something I'm doing. I did have a login tho (i.e. just didn't sign up).

#10598 1 year ago

I feel like my favorite TV series just got cancelled mid-season.

#10617 1 year ago

Thread closed in 3...2...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.