Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 213.
    #8701 1 year ago

Looking at the whitewood I can't help but think it could use a few more flippers. You can never find a flipper when you need one!

#8702 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Just got home from Brew HQ, & the social. Got the pinballs geared up for the public open house 9 - 5 pm on Saturday. I will likely spend a chunk of my day 11 am on, drinking fresh beer & eating hot dogs, Sunday I will play the local tournament at the barcade.

That's a hell of a weekend. Kudos to you for making every day count.

#8703 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It’s ok Kojak. Hockey pucks banging off the skull can make things confusing.
    I get it

Not confused at all, but thanks for your concern.

Your attempt to diffuse the questions put forth, well, using your own words, I get it. Your reputation precedes you. It's only money, so enjoy sir!

#8704 1 year ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

I totally get it. If I were making my own game I’d rather have a box of parts and a blank playfield to test also.
    When I made it, It was never my intention to bring it to this thread. If You, iceman or Jon have any issue with the video or anything I’ll gladly take it down.

I think it's neat we can get some sort of an idea for how the game shoots. I think it has bumped up interest a bit, it has for me. Of course, doesn't replace the whitewood, but cool nonetheless. It's just a more sophisticated way of looking at the shots, which we all did in our heads anyways when we saw the layout.

There's no rules associated with your pin simulation, so you're not really 'letting the cat out of the bag'.

#8705 1 year ago

Getting ready for my pinball weekend & drinking beer.

#8706 1 year ago

John, will you be using a pre made cab, existing donor cab or making it yourself?

#8707 1 year ago

another wasted weekend of non-production. this is beyond comical. remember, we are getting a stern pro style game due in just over 3 months!

#8708 1 year ago

The cabinet will be built locally. Had no beer so far today, just played some pinball & hot dogs with root beer for free. Beer count was pretty high Friday night on fresh beer there & another 2 at the social. The operator is in a bad mood today, & I have to move some more stuff into my area.

#8709 1 year ago

This isn’t typical for a post that I’ll make but I thought y’all would like to see the new dog I got. or not. Maybe it’ll distract you from the pinball!

AA426DC3-2D03-420D-BCFA-0018FA9B0C5E (resized).jpegAA426DC3-2D03-420D-BCFA-0018FA9B0C5E (resized).jpeg
    #8710 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

This isn’t typical for a post that I’ll make but I thought y’all would like to see the new dog I got. or not. Maybe it’ll distract you from the pinball!
    [quoted image]

Very cute!

#8711 1 year ago

The cabinet will be built locally. Had no beer so far today, just played some pinball & hot dogs with root beer for free. Beer count was pretty high Friday night on fresh beer there & another 2 at the social. The operator is in a bad mood today, & I have to move some more stuff into my area.

What brand of hot dog do you gravitate toward?

#8712 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Free ones.

#8713 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Beer HQ goes for premium hot dogs & buns. Had 3 free ones for brunch with the free root beer. Usually I buy the hot dogs on sale, & try to avoid the chicken ones. But most are mystery meat if they do not state 100% Beef! Got a bunch of stuff moved in my area. Avi's cabinet will get the shuffle also. Had to move a locals Gottlieb system 1 games into my area, he provides free beer his Friday night social for me (Bud cans).

#8714 1 year ago

Avi's cabinet will get the shuffle also.

Oops. i tried calling earlier to see if you were at the workshop didn't hear back. Sorry to have left you to do that.

#8715 1 year ago

No big deal Avi, I finished moving shit around. This morning I had a look into the Swearnet lunchroom on my way by. Home of the Trailer Park Boys, they had some signs, lawn chairs, & a large poster of themselves in the orange jump suits. No one was around except for the outside security camera. I will relax a little & look at the whitewood. Drag Race set up pissed off the operator, even though it was in my area.

IMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0209 (resized).JPGIMG_0209 (resized).JPGIMG_0210 (resized).JPGIMG_0210 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPGIMG_0211 (resized).JPG
    #8716 1 year ago

Drag Race set up pissed off the operator, even though it was in my area.

What, that it was plugged in?

#8717 1 year ago

Drag Race set up pissed off the operator, even though it was in my area.

I think you need to make the operator an honorary team member with full access to the pop machine and grill. Maybe then he wouldn’t be so pissed off as you say.

#8718 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I think you need to make the operator an honorary team member with full access to the pop machine and grill. Maybe then he wouldn’t be so pissed off as you say.

nah he's just in a shit mood because a guy passed on a arcade machine he was tryna sell and ended up wasting a whole bunch of time waiting for the dude. I very much doubt it's because it's in GWJ's area mostly because he never goes back there unless he needs a specific tool lol.

#8719 1 year ago

Had some Bob's bacon, chips & salsa for my supper. Wash it down with some diet pop. Beer count today is still zero for now, but some locals are coming in a hour or so. Time to set up the saw horses & fart around with the playfield.

IMG_0212 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPGIMG_0213 (resized).JPGIMG_0213 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPG
    #8720 1 year ago

sometimes, less is just better.

#8721 1 year ago

Saturday Night drinker at the shop is just about to get going. See what I do Sunday morning.

IMG_0215 (resized).JPGIMG_0215 (resized).JPG
    #8722 1 year ago

Saturday Night drinker at the shop is just about to get going. See what I do Sunday morning.
    [quoted image]

You'll drink more.

#8723 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Like it GWJ.

Saturday night time for a little partying.

#8724 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Not confused at all, but thanks for your concern.
    Your attempt to diffuse the questions put forth, well, using your own words, I get it. Your reputation precedes you. It's only money, so enjoy sir!

Lighten up Francis.

I mean the fact that you are still here says something. Not sure what.

#8725 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Lighten up Francis.
    I mean the fact that you are still here says something. Not sure what.

You know, the exact same thing could be asked of you.

#8726 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You know, the exact same thing could be asked of you.

Duh. Hockey puck

Why would I be here? Gee, don’t know

#8727 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Duh. Hockey puck
    Why would I be here? Gee, don’t know

Fool and his money are soon parted?

#8728 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Fool and his money are soon parted?

Chump change and I’m having a blast.

GWJ gonna make it happen. Like helping the underdog and a guy that lives life happy

The $$ I have, not because I’ve been a fool.

Still don’t know why you persist?

#8729 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Chump change and I’m having a blast.
    GWJ gonna make it happen. Like helping the underdog and a guy that lives life happy
    The $$ I have, not because I’ve been a fool.
    Still don’t know why you persist?

Why do I persist? It's Great Pinball all over again. While I do question where all of the $5K has gone, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you are still happy with what, where, and how. Some where, somehow someone is going to be made a chump over all of this. Maybe even it will be me and the other naysayers. Tell you what though, the old saying is true, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

I don't have to be right about anything, but as many have heard repeatedly around here, follow the breadcrumbs . Well my friend, some of those breadcrumbs are awfully stale.

#8730 1 year ago

Yes lets get back to my playfield days of Great Pinball history production. A grueling 8 year adventure that ended with hundreds of Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields being made by me & a long list of contractors. A very hard process, & not for the faint of heart. Lost a shit load of money, but made sure all my remaining prepaid customers received & finally got the last Seawitch playfields owed. My long time friend Greg Walker of Fantastic Pinball continues on with improved versions, & product quality. He is a real expert towards art & details. Glad to have him look after the finished Trailer Trash playfield production when I have the final version flushed out of Jon Norris base design. Scroll down the last page of the following to see what Fantastic Pinball is doing for a few playfields at a time for small projects.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/league-of-legends-homebrew-pinball/page/3

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-/page/5#post-7248759

Beer count was 6 Blue Saturday Night. Getting ready for my afternoon tournament at the barcade.

#8731 1 year ago

Have a great time with the local pinheads at the tourney John.. and keep on keepin on!

5e4a059b0553bfba891c90c048739f26 (resized).png5e4a059b0553bfba891c90c048739f26 (resized).png
    #8732 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Why do I persist? It's Great Pinball all over again. While I do question where all of the $5K has gone, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you are still happy with what, where, and how. Some where, somehow someone is going to be made a chump over all of this. Maybe even it will be me and the other naysayers. Tell you what though, the old saying is true, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.
    I don't have to be right about anything, but as many have heard repeatedly around here, follow the breadcrumbs . Well my friend, some of those breadcrumbs are awfully stale.

I dont come here for reality.

I want to "live the dream" vicariously through GWJ !

#8733 1 year ago

Avi made it to the tournament today along with a decent crowd of new players. I made it to the final 4 & had 3 bad balls to finish 4th. Avi won the cheapest draw prize of one of those kids plastic pinball games with tiny ball bearings. He is going to donate it to the local toy drive. The local tournament guy reminded the crowd that anyone banging on the glass or rough play would get a eject. I like how everyone looks at me, or brings up my name. Someone did a nice loud bang on the glass, & the eyes were all looking to see if it was me. Which it was not, person got a pass to stay. Beer count today is 2. Avi is at the shop waiting for his drive home.

#8734 1 year ago

Avi is installing some missing screws while I have a beer break. Avi is a official team member, one of the rare non drinkers!

IMG_0217 (resized).JPGIMG_0217 (resized).JPG
    #8735 1 year ago

The right side seems super cool but I don't understand the shots on the left side.

#8736 1 year ago

Beer count today is 2.

I am incredibly disappointed in you

#8737 1 year ago

Just having 3 beer today. Go home & see my wife. Bring her some bottles of Blue until I get some money. It is going to be a tight bash toy area.

IMG_0218 (resized).JPGIMG_0218 (resized).JPGIMG_0219 (resized).JPGIMG_0219 (resized).JPG
    #8738 1 year ago

Love the trailer park background. Nicely done mad carl

CDA5EAD5-0EDA-47A3-98B4-FAB776EA0AB0 (resized).jpegCDA5EAD5-0EDA-47A3-98B4-FAB776EA0AB0 (resized).jpeg
    #8739 1 year ago

Today was rather great fun. I got to meet and talk to alot of people. I can't say i did so great in the 'tournament' aspect. Got 2nd twice. 3rd once. and 4th 3 times. Dirty harry, Judge Dread, both fucked me over and second play through of Elm-street i was with more experienced pinball folks...

Ended up ordering a Pandora thingy here for GWJ and he said he'd pay me back. GOD it's expensive. shoots your anxiety right through the roof, at least it does here for me, oh well though. I'm glad to be able to help as much as i can.

#8740 1 year ago

If you add one more toothy standup to that crooked smile on the left it could spell out “Or It Dies”…

#8742 1 year ago

Now I shouldn’t speak for John or anyone but what you have to ask yourself when posting this stuff is if it’s going to add any value to the thread. Again I understand GWJ’s “Rocky” past with playfields but Texas man seems satisfied personally with the results so far. That should be the ultimate end goal. I don’t personally understand the constant need to bring up GWJ’s past. It feels more so like a regurgitation of the same critique against GWJ. No disrespect at all obviously it’s not just YOU I’m targeting it was more of a general statement.

#8743 1 year ago

I wish i could articulate that message as well as you have Avi.. it sucks when you see people wishing everything to go wrong for someone else because nothing is going right for them. That's why i like dogs and cats more than humans!

#8744 1 year ago

I exhausted every avenue i could. I swear to gawwd i tried my best coach! Unhappy people throw the most shade. What can ya do?! Maybe there's a pinside 'perseverance' achievement he's trying to unlock!

#8745 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

If you add one more toothy standup to that crooked smile on the left it could spell out “Or It Dies”…

Yes I have another one standing by but the bash toy entrance is pretty tight. Not a art guy like I have stated numerous times over the last 15 years. Not a color expert for purple or any other color, or the skill for cad designs. Lets see I lost everything that had any value since my mother passed away in 2010. My wife & I live on my $21,600 USD pension. Life was so good living in poverty & slum apartment that I had to declare personal bankruptcy. Just finished year 1 of 2, & have 50 cents in the bank. Do not know where people keep coming up with more weird stories about my personal finances. Hope I find a few hundred for a winter coat. My wife & I are waiting for new eye glasses, dental work, & other medical stuff that will mostly wait until year 2 of my bankruptcy is over. Even I have not renewed my drivers licence, since I can barely afford public transit. Do not believe in using food banks, & the food choices are ok by us. The only true pleasure my wife & I have is drinking beer.

#8748 1 year ago

I am living the good life that one of my waiter friends & Avi bought me a beer at the tournament. Got a few dollars for food Monday, & will be bringing back empty beverage containers.

#8749 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:Yes I have another one standing by but the bash toy entrance is pretty tight. Not a art guy like I have stated numerous times over the last 15 years. Not a color expert for purple or any other color, or the skill for cad designs. Lets see I lost everything that had any value since my mother passed away in 2010. My wife & I live on my $21,600 USD pension. Life was so good living in poverty & slum apartment that I had to declare personal bankruptcy. Just finished year 1 of 2, & have 50 cents in the bank. Do not know where people keep coming up with more weird stories about my personal finances. Hope I find a few hundred for a winter coat. My wife & I are waiting for new eye glasses, dental work, & other medical stuff that will mostly wait until year 2 of my bankruptcy is over. Even I have not renewed my drivers licence, since I can barely afford public transit. Do not believe in using food banks, & the food choices are ok by us. The only true pleasure my wife & I have is drinking beer.

As many have said on this thread many times, stop wasting money gambling and on buying beer in bars. You would be amazed at the savings.

Cheers,

#8750 1 year ago

I can barely afford public transit. Do not believe in using food banks, & the food choices are ok by us. The only true pleasure my wife & I have is drinking beer.

John as one who was a practicing alcoholic for many years I can honestly say your doing it wrong. Stay out of those bars man. Two beers from a bar is six at home or the shop. More time at the shop means more side jobs completed and that directly translates to more beers.

And that leads to one other thing. Your operator landlord has a whale of a golden goose in his shop. He should be the one stocking that machine with beer. Your leaving a lot on the table and it isn’t just expired meat…

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.