Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 213.
    #5101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Came here to say this. Its so freakin easy to send a file over 10mb these days and the options are insanely numerous. Sending a physical USB file in the mail is ludicrous, and if the file is truly corrupted (which I have my doubts) having said file on a physical drive makes zero difference.

Seriously...when John gets to coding, is his guy going to send him USB drives every time there is an update?

#5102 1 year ago

Jack of all trades, master of none. But often the many are better than one. Except for coding... coding is a bitch!

#5103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously...when John gets to coding, is his guy going to send him USB drives every time there is an update?

Yes, via carrier pigeon.

#5105 1 year ago

Pony Express ??

#5106 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Needs a new file sent and if it's bigger than 10mb may be hard to email thus the thumb drive option. Or not or maybe ftp the file or not!

Quoted from Haymaker:

Came here to say this. Its so freakin easy to send a file over 10mb these days and the options are insanely numerous.

FTP, DropBox, Google Drive, Files.com, Microsoft OneDrive .....

#5107 1 year ago

Here's a list of 25 purported free options https://www.guru99.com/file-sharing-sites.html

#5108 1 year ago

The answer is no. It has always been no, and will continue to be NO!

Meanwhile, John is cleaning the fishbowl and the fish died because the water would not refill itself into the bowl. Sometimes these things happen and it was not his fault.

#5109 1 year ago

www.file.io is very nice, easy to use, and FREE

#5110 1 year ago

Here’s an idea.

1/ get the wood on a table

2/ get a pencil and a ruler

3/ draw the layout on the wood

4/ drill some holes

It’s really not rocket science.

This thing should be flipping by now.

rd

#5111 1 year ago

Jon Norris came through with the new printer, that has a sister company that does large format printing for blue prints. Costing will be done on Friday for approval. Then I should have a print in hand next week if they are not too busy. On my first Guinness from the coach out of the pop machine. Just got back from moving a large vid to the mall location.

#5112 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Then I should have a print in hand next week if they are not too busy.

Nice, that gives you all weekend to empty that coke machine! Not gonna lie, I am thinking of getting one myself.

#5113 1 year ago

No the pop machine stays almost the same since I go out to my bars & barcades to drink mostly. I got the Stern Rawhide head gutted out, & bottom of playfield stuff removed. I will donate it to the barcade that has playfields hanging up as decorations, & this might be the first pinball backglass as a decoration.
    https://drinkpropeller.ca/pages/propeller-arcade

#5114 1 year ago

I go out to my bars & barcades to drink mostly

and go shopping for down-prized food, because i am a poor retiree ....

see you have your priorities set just right

#5115 1 year ago

Same for beer as for food. Look for the best deals. Jon told me he had to spend some time to make sure the sizing was correct for the printer. When my time comes I will go into a cardboard box & cheap cremation. Enjoy drinking beer until my doctor has serious concerns.

#5116 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Yes how can you do most of your drinking at bars, costs way more to do that. Also on the poor pensioners salary many more needs should take priority. Unless you get most of your drinks comped or bought for you.

#5117 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I thought Jon said he was not going to be doing the coding or rulesets for the game just the playfield design...
    Oh you said John... never mind

#5118 1 year ago

There is affordable drinking beer options. You just have to find the cheapest locations that are still good. Also my wife likes her Bud, & I buy it in the 36 pack suitcase. No need to go to the gym with one of these on the bus & to our slum apartment with no elevator.

#5119 1 year ago

There is affordable drinking beer options. You just have to find the cheapest locations that are still good. Also my wife likes her Bud, & I buy it in the 36 pack suitcase. No need to go to the gym with one of these on the bus & to our slum apartment with no elevator.

Have you considered doing video blog updates a la Haggis with Celts to take us through the design and manufacturing process journey? I would be an instant paid subscriber, and I am sure many others here would be too. Imagine the amount of beers and even non-expired meats that could net you.

#5120 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Yes how can you do most of your drinking at bars, costs way more to do that. Also on the poor pensioners salary many more needs should take priority. Unless you get most of your drinks comped or bought for you.

To be fair, everyone needs some social life and entertainment. Some people go to movies, dine at fancy restaurants, pay for streaming games/movies. Having a few pitchers at his favorite barcade is relatively mild.

#5121 1 year ago

Yeah not sure why some people are so worked up about another man’s beer drinking.
    Im kind of jealous, wish I could be as laid back as John.

#5122 1 year ago

My favorite part of this whole saga is the utterly relaxed attitude and obliviousness to the demands of an artificially short timeline to finish the project….

Whether it is trying to print a file, rolling a ball on a sheet of paneling, or sorting parts into boxes…. There seems to be a limit on any given day of a single action item (whether successful or not)

#5123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

^^This right here. Dude seems seriously relaxed!

#5124 1 year ago

There is no panic here about building 1 or 2 games in 6 months. I will post up pictures as the process goes along.

#5125 1 year ago

There is no panic here about building 1 or 2 games in 6 months. I will post up pictures as the process goes along.

Don't you mean 5 months and 3 weeks?

#5126 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Don't you mean 5 months and 3 weeks?

Yes the clock officially started September 1, & ends march 1, 2023
    Thanks again to Jon Norris for stepping into this project. He will not be doing any coding on the game.

#5127 1 year ago

Thanks again to Jon Norris for stepping into this project. He will not be doing any coding on the game.

Must have read my mind! Who have you tapped for coding? A recent upstart looking for exposure, or a seasoned veteran who is bored af?

#5128 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Must have read my mind! Who have you tapped for coding? A recent upstart looking for exposure, or a seasoned veteran who is bored af?

Looks like someone isn't a breadcrumb collecting enthusiast

#5129 1 year ago

Who needs key posts to follow Hansel’s plans?

It’s a guy who hasn’t programmed a game, but also didn’t program a game for Heighway

#5130 1 year ago

No need to go to the gym with one of these on the bus & to our slum apartment with no elevator.

How do you manage to lug that up the stairs with your bad hip and foot?

#5131 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Who needs key posts to follow Hansel’s plans?
    It’s a guy who hasn’t programmed a game, but also didn’t program a game for Heighway

So glad to hear he didn’t program a game for Heighway. That would have immediately meant he couldn’t program John’s game, or not !

#5132 1 year ago

Is the end date March 1? I have the countdown clock set for March 10, the start of SXSF and the reveal in your brothers driveway.

#5133 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

GWJ was kind enough to send me a private message. Thanks again, John.

Here is the Trailer Trash programmer.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=22228

#5134 1 year ago

As much as some of you can't stand the fact that John moves at his own pace, consider not busting his balls so hard. He's carrying a suitcase of bud for his wife up stairs on a bad hip. And guess what, it's Iceman's money he is using, so why be so concerned.

This thread is great. I think John is great, I respect him now more than ever. And even if nothing gets done by spring, so what? Iceman can afford it.

It's going to be a long winter. Sit back and enjoy!

#5135 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Looks like someone isn't a breadcrumb collecting enthusiast

Crud, I missed something lol. I mean I believe I know who won't be doing it Mr Norris.

#5136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

GWJ was kind enough to send me a private message. Thanks again, John.
    Here is the Trailer Trash programmer.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=22228

Got you thank you well I can tell you one thing he appears to be a much better pinball player than me so there's that. Welcome to the <Title TBD> Team!

#5137 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Are you his mom? Seriously, who are you? Why the heck does he have to justify anything to you? Genuinely curious how someone can feel so righteous to tell another grown adult how to enjoy himself! Mind blowing!

#5138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah not sure why some people are so worked up about another man’s beer drinking.

It's mind boggling! I mean, if you can't be decent... at least be quiet!

#5139 1 year ago

Speaking of which, what is the new game title? Inquiring minds want to know.

#5140 1 year ago

I still have no idea like I have said numerous times previously. The coach will let me know next week what the title & theme he is going with. Same with who he wants to do his art package. I had 7 beers tonight with a team member & a few local pinball guys. As for the programmer I will leave that alone until the Fall, & there is no doubt by me about his skills. I wish to remind everyone of the effort Jon Norris is showing to get this pinball machine built & shown for Texas in March 2023.

#5141 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's mind boggling! I mean, if you can't be decent... at least be quiet!

At that that may be the most decent post in this thread! What more do you need?

#5142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

You know, in a way I feel bad for him in this situation. Look, I am the 1st person that loves a great deal at the grocery store, but to have to have that deal, just to have something to eat, really sucks. How about a gift card to the grocery store John?

#5143 1 year ago

No it is not as bad as you guys think. Spent my entire working life eating fast food. Do not mind cheap healthier food discounted on the last day. Some of the stuff you could not prepare cheap yourself at home. I pass on sandwiches which are still priced too high. Got my last meal of salami & buns on Friday. Got a couple of cheap packs of Bobs bacon $2 each to have for breakfast on the hot plate with aluminum foil. Combustables on stand by! This stuff can be narly at times!
    Seems like it runs out of stock with the high priced nicely sliced bacon.
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bob%27s+bacon&qpvt=bobs+bacon&tsc=ImageHoverTitle&form=IGRE&first=1

#5144 1 year ago

I still have no idea like I have said numerous times previously. The coach will let me know next week what the title & theme he is going with. Same with who he wants to do his art package. I had 7 beers tonight with a team member & a few local pinball guys. As for the programmer I will leave that alone until the Fall, & there is no doubt by me about his skills. I wish to remind everyone of the effort Jon Norris is showing to get this pinball machine built & shown for Texas in March 2023.

Personally, I feel like the more pinball producing pros you have on board, the more successful this will be.

Keep accruing talent!

#5145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

At that that may be the most decent post in this thread! What more do you need?

? We were in agreement .

#5146 1 year ago

Got some cheap pork chops for later. Had a cheap sandwich, & got a pack of donuts for free. Big grocery gives you the first item free if you can prove the store shelf pricing info is wrong. They hate giving your money back! Save the bacon for another day.
    No word back from the printer on the costing info yet for approval & deposit.

#5147 1 year ago

Seeing a bing link -- now that makes me worried. You're not still running Windows XP are you John?

Or maybe that's like a street-level search engine.

#5148 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

FTP, DropBox, Google Drive, Files.com, Microsoft OneDrive .....

Remember this is Canada, they don't have that stuff, or maybe they do or not.

#5149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you his mom? Seriously, who are you? Why the heck does he have to justify anything to you? Genuinely curious how someone can feel so righteous to tell another grown adult how to enjoy himself! Mind blowing!

Yes, I just happen to be Johns Mom! LOL... I wasn't trying to be 'righteous' or tell anyone how to enjoy themselves just asking a question. He in turn gave me a reasonable answer. He can do whatever he want's, and I have not once given him crap about his drinking like many here have done. If you choose to cut back on other areas because you enjoy going to the bar, and socializing then Ok I get that. But it seems like it causes a lot of work to save on food and other things as spending at the bar can add up fast. If it seems I'm on my high horse then sorry didn't mean it that way.

#5150 1 year ago

Part of the retired person exercise program with no gym membership. Walk more, take the bus, & go down some areas of the grocery stores looking for food deals. I like KFC but the pricing is crazy, chicken not as good like in the seventies & eighties. I still go to KFC & get a hidden value flatbread meal with popcorn chicken, fries, drink, & cookie for just over $6. Same as Burger King, for a value meal. Not like some adults still going to McD for the kids meal.
    Also if you are helping to operate & servicing games you get exercise. Do not get much exercise lifting a beer to my mouth for a drink, but it is enjoyable. Summer is winding down here in Nova Scotia, Fall is almost here, & the temperatures are nice.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.