Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 213.
    #8051 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Time for a slow cooker now!

There in NO time for slow cooking! We need a Ron Popiel Rotissere!

#8052 1 year ago

I am happy Kim with the cruise picture. The rest of the hot dogs were gone after I took the picture. Had a quick free beer at Brew HQ, picking up the Simpsons vid. Also had a couple of small bags of free popcorn. Not a slow cooker type of guy, so I might keep my eye out for a cheap similar electric grill. Likely my mom bought it of Home Shopping network, & my wife still watches for jewelry & other crap targeted towards women. Some of my friends wifes are into constant decorating & painting crap. Or buying new furniture every few years that have dogs that probably live better than me. Friday night social, drink some free beer on the guy who gets free pinball storage here, or some free service. Payback time!

#8053 1 year ago

That old grill is a classic and will be impossible to replace "new" !

time to get rollin' with a cheap hot dog roller!

ebay.com link: itm

#8054 1 year ago

I will likely get a grill so I can cook pork chops or bacon. Use my aluminum foil. Should be a interesting social, guys buying & selling pinball machines. Smoking weed, I mostly just breath in the second hand smoke. One guy is into smokeless tobacco, have to remember that in Texas where they push free samples.

#8055 1 year ago

John, check this bad boy out:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/heritage-the-rock-indoor-non-stick-electric-smokeless-bbq-grill-black-16x10-in-0435733p.html?loc=plp

What is your new gmail address? I'll shoot you $50 for a new grill.

#8056 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John! Look here!
    ebay.com link: itm

Vintage… Lol it only costs as much as 3 crock pots.

#8057 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will likely get a grill so I can cook pork chops or bacon. Use my aluminum foil. Should be a interesting social, guys buying & selling pinball machines. Smoking weed, I mostly just breath in the second hand smoke. One guy is into smokeless tobacco, have to remember that in Texas where they push free samples.

eBay has a replacement dish for your grill for $20. Do it for Mom!

#8058 1 year ago

The loss of the electric grill definitely a tragic development, perhaps John could do some shopping at local thrift stores and adopt an electric grill that's in need of a new home and tin foil.

#8059 1 year ago

Should be a interesting social, guys buying & selling pinball machines. Smoking weed, I mostly just breath in the second hand smoke.

Mostly?

#8061 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

(Breadcrumbs)

He is going to need more than bread crumbs when he has the munchies!

#8062 1 year ago

My new email for paypal: [email protected]
    Beer count today: 1 Brew HQ, 1 The Local, & 4 at the social.

#8063 1 year ago

My new email for paypal: [email protected]
    Beer count today: 1 Brew HQ, 1 The Local, & 4 at the social.

Dont post your email address. Robots will jump on it and spam your emai folder

Please edit it out.

Its way better to PM anyone who wants it

#8064 1 year ago

Too late to delete. The robots got him.. did i just read that john smokes weeed! This is information the spam bots can take to their leaders! Glorious! The menu makes so much more sense! If he ever mentions booger sugar then you guys should have zero doubts of finishing on time. No sleep til... texasssss

#8065 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Too late to delete. The robots got him.. did i just read that john smokes weeed! This is information the spam bots can take to their leaders! Glorious! The menu makes so much more sense! If he ever mentions booger sugar then you guys should have zero doubts of finishing on time. No sleep til... texasssss

Its not too late to just backspace it out.

Just do it.

#8066 1 year ago

The hammer is standing by down the road, & I do not smoke weed. Weed is everywhere now in the open, & the government likes the tax revenue.

#8067 1 year ago

Weed doesn’t kill the liver. No hangovers or getting sick. Does not need refrigeration. Goes well with snacks.

#8068 1 year ago

Had a bad reaction with a brownie, so only second hand smoke for me. Saturday is a slow time for the bus system, so had the scenic routes. Had to hit 2 Sobeys to get a deal. Breakfast & Lunch meals. Bread is super dry, washed the breakfast one down with senior McD coffee. Do some playfield work later today. The coach sent in the next $1k US for Pinball Life order.

IMG_0141 (resized).JPGIMG_0141 (resized).JPG
    #8069 1 year ago

Sent you $50 for a grill. Or not. Hope you can answer the security question if not PM me.

#8070 1 year ago

... Had to hit 2 Sobeys to get a deal. Breakfast & Lunch meals. Bread is super dry, washed the breakfast one down with senior McD coffee. Do some playfield work later today. The coach sent in the next $1k US for Pinball Life order.
    [quoted image]

So what does the wifey do for meals? Do you pick something up for her too?

#8071 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

So what does the wifey do for meals? Do you pick something up for her too?

Eggs, hops & barley

#8072 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

hops & barley

Are you sure either of those is a main ingredient of Budweiser?

#8073 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Are you sure either of those is a main ingredient of Budweiser?

Well, it sure as hell ain't a bowl of Lucky Charms

#8074 1 year ago

Fruit loops her cereal of choice, my last resort snack at home. Suitcase of Bud, frozen dinners, & bags of hard boiled eggs. Soup, pasta, or what ever else comes in a can, & some cheese (rarely). Finally got a young guy to bust a move from home. He is into vids & getting them going & sold. 4 months operating a cocktail at a bar was about $20 in quarters. So offer him a free space, pass along my knowledge, & he can help me a little in return. His father just got his red seal in carpentry after many years. They live out of town, & the young guy is 10 minutes from a bus stop. So the plan is to see if he can do something with me, & hopefully have a goal in life (move out of the parents house). Hard to believe he has not used the bus at all, going to be real life boot camp. Dad will drive him to a Tims in their area with a bus, make it to the workshop after 10 am when I am here. The other guy was looking for work & never showed up interested in electronics & pinball work.

IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPG
    #8075 1 year ago

Fruit loops her cereal of choice, my last resort snack at home. Suitcase of Bud, frozen dinners, & bags of hard boiled eggs. Soup, pasta, or what ever else comes in a can, & some cheese (rarely). Finally got a young guy to bust a move from home. He is into vids & getting them going & sold. 4 months operating a cocktail at a bar was about $20 in quarters. So offer him a free space, pass along my knowledge, & he can help me a little in return. His father just got his red seal in carpentry after many years. They live out of town, & the young guy is 10 minutes from a bus stop. So the plan is to see if he can do something with me, & hopefully have a goal in life (move out of the parents house). Hard to believe he has not used the bus at all, going to be real life boot camp. Dad will drive him to a Tims in their area with a bus, make it to the workshop after 10 am when I am here. The other guy was looking for work & never showed up interested in electronics & pinball work.
    [quoted image]

Careful who you work with nowadays you never know who you can trust. Also is that guy wearing sandals, you can never trust a guy in sandals...

#8076 1 year ago

Nice! Get an extra set of hands on that thing…

#8077 1 year ago

At the very least, the new guy provides john another team member to have beers with.

#8078 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

At the very least, the new guy provides john another 'team member' to have beers with.

BYOB....Its not part of the plan...

#8079 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Also is that guy wearing sandals, you can never trust a guy in sandals...

At first I thought that was John's wife.

#8080 1 year ago

Like Jpop inviting a young Ben Heck to sit under the learning tree

#8081 1 year ago

No the young guy is not into drinking so the beer is fine. He is also known to the operator for many years. The operator just sold the cabinet for $70 US to him, & the parents are happy to get him out into the real world more. If he does not come back for a while, the old vid gets stored near the front of the workshop. Time to have the other half of the sandwich, & the pop machine is running. Bryan the guys hair is longer than my wife when she was a teenager. He almost dipped it into the epoxy a few times. So it looks like I got a young hippy apprentice to learn from a master hack of amusement repair. Learned the trade on my own the last 27 years.

#8082 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dont post your email address. Robots will jump on it and spam your emai folder
    Please edit it out.
    Its way better to PM anyone who wants it

It's only his email for as long as he has his computer, once he gets a new computer he gets a new email anyway

#8083 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's only his email for as long as he has his computer, once he gets a new computer he gets a new email anyway

Hammer is always on standby for the computer. Just got back from The Local bar, street entertainment was light tonight. Beer count 3, & getting ready to have some beer from the pop machine. Work on the playfield on a Saturday Night. Xmas is coming guys are buying & selling games.

#8084 1 year ago

Im in my mid-forties and a pretty good drinker. I could not drink 6-7 beers a day and do my things.
    How long have you been drinking like this?
    I mean dealing with the alcool is one thing but spending so much time drinking it!
    It’s another job!!
    I don’t care if you think you’re an alcoolic or not but you wake up every morning with the sole idea of when and where you’re gonna drink.
    Never tired of this?
    Sedate the wife with beers and eggs and searching for the next fix.
    Exhausting for a recreational drinker.

Lets have a beer if you visit Montréal. Or not

#8085 1 year ago

Man you are in Quebec, drink more beer. Had 3.5 quart bottles of Molson up North that did me in one night. Everyone only spoke French for the most part, almost like going south & not understand Spanish. I drink to relax, & do not wake up planning which bars to hit up that day. On my next beer #5. Had 3 Propeller Horsepower at The Local, Last bottle of Olands, & now 4.8% Pilsener (tasty)!

IMG_0143 (resized).JPGIMG_0143 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPG

IMG_0145 (resized).JPGIMG_0145 (resized).JPG
    #8086 1 year ago

French canadians salute you Sir John.
    You should speak and understand french since it’s in our laws.
    But john will always do John.

Bon courage et que tu réussisses ta mission!

#8087 1 year ago

I really wanna see your new scoop and rail installed.

I just wonder if you shoot it into that loop, then it falls in the scoop, then it ejects, then does it circle back around in the original proposed loop and fall back into the saucer? Could be a hilarious non-stuck stuck ball

#8088 1 year ago

Working on the single drop targets. My French was so bad I got the first F in grade 9.

#8089 1 year ago

Working on the single drop targets. My French was so bad I got the first F in grade 9.

#8090 1 year ago

Im french, Québec native and got poor results too
    Enjoy your life john. You might be part of the answers.

#8091 1 year ago

Speaking of learning and languages….

#8092 1 year ago

Got a wife already. Do not need to get in trouble learning foreign languages. People have a hard enough time with my English. 3 hole drills for a drop target, nice quick, & dirty! More fun drinking beer & being creative. Jon Norris design will remain the same by this target. But I will have it as another way of reaching the corner scoop, or allowing balls to work down through the drop target (thanks Spooky!). Also the metal rails allow you to get a ruler under them for planning locations (thanks Jersey Jack!). Think another sling will be installed to the left, more action.

IMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPG

#8093 1 year ago

Got a wife already. Do not need to get in trouble learning foreign languages.
    [quoted image]

I wasn’t trying to get you with my Sister John.
    You are a canadian redneck.

#8094 1 year ago

Looking good GWJ!

#8095 1 year ago

#2 drop target moved, & will be a open area by pops. Beer #6 Pilsner.

IMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPG
    #8096 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Looking good GWJ!

We all know that money means nothing for you but are you able to grasp and understand how cheap, code boring and inoperable this game will be at the end? If there is an end?

You are proud of loosing
    Money. You should be ashame

#8097 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

We all know that money means nothing for you but are you able to grasp and understand how cheap, code boring and inoperable this game will be at the end? If there is an end?
    You are proud of loosing
    Money. You should be ashame

You got to have faith, or drink more beer or alcohol & get with the program.

#8098 1 year ago

You got to have faith, or drink more beer or alcohol & get with the program.

Im Already fucked up.
    You are right.
    Who gives a fuck anyway?

Have a great baloney sandwich tomorrow.
    Paid by the king!

#8099 1 year ago

Got the 3rd target done but starting to feel the beers. Call it a night & see the wife.

IMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0151 (resized).JPGIMG_0151 (resized).JPG
    #8100 1 year ago

Can we see the wife or it’s a breadcrumb

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.