IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,734 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 315.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

lol, my gif didn't work. just like the majority of the game.

Before you drag or load the clip, you HAVE to set the load area to "PDF/GIF - no rescaling" on the dropdown menu for GIFs to work.

#1652 1 year ago

So you're telling me there's a chance?

giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif
#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

So you're telling me there's a chance?[quoted image]

There you go. Knew you just needed a nudge to land that joke.

james-bond-jaws-smiling.gifjames-bond-jaws-smiling.gif
#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There you go. Knew you just needed a nudge to land that joke.

Just a little nudge...

james-bond-sean-connery.gifjames-bond-sean-connery.gif
#1655 1 year ago

Waiting with a picture of Ursula for my LE!
Shit shipping……must wait a long time

2199AF9B-F78E-47E0-A91F-B2CE2046B41F (resized).jpeg2199AF9B-F78E-47E0-A91F-B2CE2046B41F (resized).jpeg
#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I just ordered the same speakers and bought those same plates today after taking to Doug who owns that business. First time buyer.
Such an awesome experience, got detailed response to my request within minutes and after I put the order in he shipped within a few minutes more, that's totally incredible!
I got the kit that has also the lights in it - I had seen them at a show and they really dress up a machine.
I'll post pictures once it's installed. The kit will beat the speakers here and Amazon is super quick because we have a distribution center nearby!
Thanks Doug!

I have his speaker light kits in all of my LE's, if you are upgrading a premium you'll also need a set of 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Surrounds in your choice of color.

#1657 1 year ago

Small PSA: Next time you have the glass off, check the habit rail that comes out over your left inlane. The post nut that's right there at the left inlane where the habit rail drops the ball and is mounted to, was not very tight resulting in the habit rail "wandering" over time to the left, eventually being so far off center above the left inlane that it wouldn't drop the ball anymore.
If you have the glass off anyway just check if it is tight with a nut setter so you don't tilt a good game in an attempt to get it to drop like me.

Aside from that: I never had a machine where the glass was so tight in there. Once the lockdown bar is removed I need both hands to pull the glass and I'm pulling hard. It's bonkers how tight this is. Normally when the bar is gone I can get the glass moving with one or two fingers, here I need to pull the whole way. Any advise?

#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I have his speaker light kits in all of my LE's, if you are upgrading a premium you'll also need a set of 5.25" SPIKE 2 Speaker Surrounds in your choice of color.

I grabbed the yellow one to match the T-Molding on the Premium!

#1659 1 year ago

I went with the Pinball Life speaker light and speaker upgrade for 99 bucks have been very happy with it in my Bond.

#1660 1 year ago

Played a Pro recently, noticed how much blank area there is on the screen still on both sides of the display. If Rush is any indication, lots of code updates to come in the future and lots of extra features to be added to the main display.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Small PSA: Next time you have the glass off, check the habit rail that comes out over your left inlane. The post nut that's right there at the left inlane where the habit rail drops the ball and is mounted to, was not very tight resulting in the habit rail "wandering" over time to the left, eventually being so far off center above the left inlane that it wouldn't drop the ball anymore.
If you have the glass off anyway just check if it is tight with a nut setter so you don't tilt a good game in an attempt to get it to drop like me.
Aside from that: I never had a machine where the glass was so tight in there. Once the lockdown bar is removed I need both hands to pull the glass and I'm pulling hard. It's bonkers how tight this is. Normally when the bar is gone I can get the glass moving with one or two fingers, here I need to pull the whole way. Any advise?

Better than rattling, our gz has 1200 plays, I still need a glass section cup to remove

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Better than rattling, our gz has 1200 plays, I still need a glass section cup to remove

I guess I'm gonna get a suction cup. Recommendations?

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Glass is the tightest I've ever seen on this game.
I got these suckers on Amazon. They work fine but leave round marks on the glass so you have to clean the glass after each time you use them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNRB2CJ/

suction (resized).jpgsuction (resized).jpg

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Home Depot, they work great

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1665 1 year ago

No way would I use a suction cup on the LE (HD glass) or any other playfield glass for that matter. No game was ever more tight than LZLE. I was able to just slightly wet my hands to where they were sticky and not dry. Then use a lot of surface area to pull the glass out. Those gloves posted above might be decent too.

Suction cups also leave a rubber mark on the glass that can be seen when looking at just the right angle. Its not easy to get off.

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

No way would I use a suction cup on the LE (HD glass) or any other playfield glass for that matter. No game was ever more tight than LZLE. I was able to just slightly wet my hands to where they were sticky and not dry. Then use a lot of surface area to pull the glass out. Those gloves posted above might be decent too.
Suction cups also leave a rubber mark on the glass that can be seen when looking at just the right angle. Its not easy to get off.

*Shrug*

Does leave a ring, comes off easy enough. Really does make mucking around with those big pieces of glass easier. YMMV.

#1667 1 year ago

What size are the clear washer plastic protectors for slings?

Think I’m finally going to swap them all out.

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

#PlugGate2023
[quoted image]

They used this style on Rush as well.

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speakerlightkits.com has the background ones that go behind the plates. I have the frame style at pinmonk.com that goes around the brackets where the badge sits slightly within the frame instead of on top of a plate.

Thanks! Just placed an order.

#1670 1 year ago

My Premium was available to pick up at the freight depot (about an hour away) last Friday but I couldn't get over there to grab it, so it was just dropped off here yesterday. ArcBest driver was super cool and very helpful, he got a nice tip. Box was perfect, with one cut in a corner. He was happy to stay around and let me get the box cut open after pics to confirm if there was any damage. Thankfully it was good to go! Completion date on the back of my machine is December 27, 2022.

IMG_1388 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPG

Found one of the thumbscrews for the coin mech in the bottom of the box. Pic here showing one of the intact screws and the hole that the other fell from for anybody who finds this kind of knurled screw floating around and isn't sure where it goes. Seems like I saw somebody else ask this earlier in the thread or maybe in the GZ thread.

IMG_1393 (resized).jpgIMG_1393 (resized).jpg

Found a second screw in the bottom of the box about the same size. I initially thought it was a phillips head but looks like it's a small Torx drive after I put my glasses on (old dude problems). I don't recall seeing many Torx in my GZ, hopefully will be obvious where this one goes once I get a chance to flip the playfield up. Can't see anything obvious from the top side of the playfield or coin door area. Any ideas where a little Torx might go? Looks like a T15 in 1/8" thread, 3/8" threaded length. Will have to go check the parts list when I have a minute to see if there's a clue.

IMG_1405 (resized).jpgIMG_1405 (resized).jpg

My GZ had the 90 degree cord but after all of the back and forth here, it seems I should identify as Team Straight Plug #pluggate2023 Obviously works fine, plenty of clearance to the wall.

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG

Goodie bag was interesting, full set of lower plastics in mine. Only one 007 theme keychain and the IC keychain. My GZ Prem had like 6 keychains and no lower plastics as I recall. I'll 3D print a little flat 007 keychain for the backbox key(s) when I print my little yellow frame for the Premium badge.

IMG_1394 (resized).jpgIMG_1394 (resized).jpg

Factory glass wasn't that tight on mine, but I have a fresh piece of VooDoo Glass to slide in there after I get time to clean up the playfield and install some parts today or tomorrow. Upper shooter lane gate on mine is quite high, not even close to falling in the groove. Looks like if I just tweak down the middle it will be fine but may do the washer thing instead. We'll see.

IMG_1402 (resized).jpgIMG_1402 (resized).jpg

WiFi and IC setup stuff went super smooth with the barcode, etc. Really nice, I like this IC setup that brings over your Home Team and everything. Neat stuff. All lights and mechs appear to perform as expected in test, no stuck switches that I can find. It was SUPER cold when we brought it in the house last night so let it sit (other that lifting the backbox) and will play some test games today. I liked the Pro I played at ULEK's arcade a couple weeks ago, so looking forward to this one and seeing the game mature as the code comes along. I have a Speaker Light Kits Type 13 kit with yellow surrounds on my GZ which look great but will move that stuff over to this machine like others have done recently. Should look great and that kit is configurable to hold a solid or moving color or color transitions so i'll have to play around with what works best. Just lighting them up yellow will probably look good with this machine and the retro vibe. Pinwoofer kit should be here Monday or Tuesday so we'll be rockin' with 5.25's soon!

IMG_1403 (resized).JPGIMG_1403 (resized).JPG

#1671 1 year ago

Game sure is a lot of fun but damn shots are tight. Code has a long way to go, was in the Blofeld mode earlier and had no idea what to shoot, not shots were lit. Is this normal?

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Glass is the tightest I've ever seen on this game.
I got these suckers on Amazon. They work fine but leave round marks on the glass so you have to clean the glass after each time you use them.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

If in a hurry to get that glass out, duct tape will work in a pinch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1673 1 year ago

New PB version out and it says compatible with .80 007.anyone want to try?

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Had this exact issue yesterday.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Just recently set up my NIB Premium and sadly this one, compared to everything I have owned, feels very disappointing.
- Playfield uses very low resolution sources. Art department failed or didn't even care.
- Video, both UI and presentation looks like a prototype or a proof of concept
- Audio is mainly just the James bond theme song on loop.
- Various post issues that mess up the flow
- Jetpack drops the ball incorrectly and fails
I have more complaints, and I could list off many sys 80 games better than this.
Wish Stern had a return policy.

Just wait for new software.

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What changes does it make? I've got an extra SD card so I'd be willing to try it

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

What changes does it make? I've got an extra SD card so I'd be willing to try it

Should allow you to add desired music. My PB hasn’t worked since getting a Mac but we may need to do this to get a couple songs we are all hoping for.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think changing video footage will work ok. Not sure about sounds.

Connery was definitely a ladies man Have to squeeze that image on the translite somewhere.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think changing video footage will work ok. Not sure about sounds.
Connery was definitely a ladies man Have to squeeze that image on the translite somewhere.
[quoted image]

Rush worked for sounds didn’t it?

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rush worked for sounds didn’t it?

Only old code versions, not the newer ones.

#1682 1 year ago

That’s what I was saying someone needs to open 007 and have a look to see if we can get the wanted songs.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s what I was saying someone needs to open 007 and have a look to see if we can get the wanted songs.

Sorry, didn't look back that far. I'll check it out sometime soon.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Easier to get the ring mark off than fingerprints on both sides, imo. I just keep Sprayway nearby. Really quick to remove the ring. I have two cups, but have basically graduated to just using one of them.

playfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpg
#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Game sure is a lot of fun but damn shots are tight. Code has a long way to go, was in the Blofeld mode earlier and had no idea what to shoot, not shots were lit. Is this normal?

I think Blofeld is the green one where you have to hit the drop targets in front of the rocket with the green flashing lights in front of them. It is VERY not obvious what to hit initially, you're right.

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

He said, “nut setter”

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Great fella to work with! Great speaker lights and crazy easy to install too!
[quoted image]

Looks great! I'd like to purchase the same speaker lights, but wasn't sure if the Bond speakers are already 5.25" or do I have to buy new speakers first?

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Looks great! I'd like to purchase the same speaker lights, but wasn't sure if the Bond speakers are already 5.25" or do I have to buy new speakers first?

I put bigger ones in mine. Pro comes with 4" and these are 5 1/4. Same as the LE.
But they have another kit that goes around the whole speaker rectangle area that you wouldn't have to change the speakers

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I put bigger ones in mine. Pro comes with 4" and these are 5 1/4. Same as the LE.
But they have another kit that goes around the whole speaker rectangle area that you wouldn't have to change the speakers

Thanks for this info. Do you know what size the Premium speakers are? I'm expecting mine in the next week or so and wanted to get ahead of it. Wanted to purchase the TYPE 13 style speaker lights ( http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html ) but wasn't sure if I need to buy bigger speakers or just the brackets offered on their website.

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Thanks for this info. Do you know what size the Premium speakers are? I'm expecting mine in the next week or so and wanted to get ahead of it. Wanted to purchase the TYPE 13 style speaker lights ( http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html ) but wasn't sure if I need to buy bigger speakers or just the brackets offered on their website.

I have the premium and it's only the same 4" speakers like in the pro.
If you want type 13 you need to buy 5.25" speakers as well as new mounting plates. There is a kit that contains the mounting plates and the type 13 lights for $100. I would also recommend the surround plate additionally. I ordered the yellow ones.
Doug will help you if you write him, super nice guy!
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Surrounds.html

I ordered these speakers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079SFC3P9
Supposedly those are the ones used in the LE

#1691 1 year ago

I put a new translite together for my pro. Pm if interested.
JB PRO (resized).jpgJB PRO (resized).jpg007 PST 1.2 (resized).jpg007 PST 1.2 (resized).jpg

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Easier to get the ring mark off than fingerprints on both sides, imo. I just keep Sprayway nearby. Really quick to remove the ring. I have two cups, but have basically graduated to just using one of them.[quoted image]

All well and good for normal glass. I still would never use them on the expensive optical glass (LE) and was concerned that that caveat was not being made. That was the main point I was trying to make. I have a set of the same ones and I have used them a few times to remove stuck backglasses with broken or missing lift channels.

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but no Diamonds are Forever?

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Love it! Sign me up!

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great but no Diamonds are Forever?

Thanks, but I couldnt fit it in. But hey there's 5 of 6 and in chronological order left to right ta boot!

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ordered, that is friggin sick! Smokes the 60th

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

All well and good for normal glass. I still would never use them on the expensive optical glass (LE) and was concerned that that caveat was not being made. That was the main point I was trying to make. I have a set of the same ones and I have used them a few times to remove stuck backglasses with broken or missing lift channels.

Yeah, I'm not sure about voodoo/invisiglass/etc with the coatings on them. But for regular glass, the suction cup and pool noodle are my go-to.

#1698 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks, but I couldnt fit it in. But hey there's 5 of 6 and in chronological order left to right ta boot!

It looks great and better to be missing something than to include something from the wrong Bond era! There are a few mods like that out there including one from the Daniel Craig era!

I had a Pinstein translite in my LZ. It looked great, was very reasonably priced and was really well made with sharp, vivid colors.

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Yes it looks great! Way better than Dr No translight.

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Amazing work!

Now can you do the cabinet art while your at it please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
11,100 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,734 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 315.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/34?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.