IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksp1138.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Just got the call James Bond premium getting picked up today from Stern. Should be getting it next week. Game Room Guys distributor.

Same here

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Hi all, joined the club yesterday; first Stern NIB and only second ever Stern I've owned. Haven't been able to play yet as I get a "can't locate Node boards 1, 8 & 9" message on startup. Not real familiar with the spike system, but thinking it should be similar to my BM66, which has been rock solid. Dutifully checked all connections to no avail and hoping for some simple overlooked fix. I've got a call into my distro, but thought I would ask here in case any Stern gurus have advice. Thanks in advance; game is beautiful!

Same thing on the one I just set up - node board 1, 8, and 9 not found. The CAT5 on the cabinet node board wasn't plugged in all the way.

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Yeah I was wondering about the blofield/Henderson thing too…I wondered if it was an error.

In a bold move, Blofeld got plastic surgery to look exactly like Mr. Henderson, who Bond saw get killed in You Only Live Twice.

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from gwt561324:

Further investigation reveals a bad GI white bulb in the left slingshot causing overcurrent. Removing the bulb for now while I get a replacement.

Add mine to the bad GI bulb and/or socket list. I didn't notice any power loss while playing or any lights going off/on, but I kept seeing node 8 overcurrent tech alerts. The alert message listed everything connected to CN7 and CN8 under both drive and light, so that wasn't very helpful, and running the test cleared it. Since the GI bulbs are most often the cause, I disconnected CN15 from node 8 and played a couple fairly long games and the overcurrent message didn't come back, so at least I've got it narrowed down.

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from christr:

I didn't get any errors, but I had a GI bulb on the right skirt wired backwards. Quick fix with a soldering iron, but annoying that they actually made that kind of mistake during build of the harness... I get 'plug it in wrong' during manufacturing but I figured stuff like this would've been machine produced.
--Chris

The overcurrent error showed up with CN15 unplugged so it isn't a GI bulb. The game starts up and plays without issue, but if I just open the coin door it will trigger the overcurrent error about 50% of the time. Most of the time it's on node board 8, but not always. Sometimes it shows up on board 1 or 9 and occasionally on 2 at once. The errors clear immediately when running the node board test. And I can easily reproduce it by closing and/or pulling the interlock switch. So my best guess is something is up with the power distribution board, specifically the circuit that cuts and restores 48V. Has anyone ever seen something similar? I have a Godzilla pro with a similar issue, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one seeing this. I'll try emailing stern support and see what they say.

The easiest solution is probably to just keep the coin door closed I guess.

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're seeing it on multiple machines, I would suspect the wiring in your house. It would be VERY uncommon to have two machines with overcurrent errors at the same time.

Power is solid. Godzilla actually reports one of the GI bulbs intermittently but I haven't fixed that yet. The reason I brought it up is on that one I never get the 48v disabled message or the beeps when opening the door, but it does cut 48v and pulling the interlock restores it. Just wondering if the power distribution boards are known to be flaky. No issues at all with either Jurassic Park or Mando.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Rechecked my notes, it was resistor R5 on the PDB that was cracked causing a similar issue. Pop it out and take a close look.

Thanks, I'll test that resistor when I get a chance. At some point I saved a bunch of stern schematics and have one for the PDB, but it might be for an older rev.

I've only had it for a week now and don't have a shaker on it. I've got aftermarket speakers running off an amp connected to the CPU CN5 connector and powered through its own power supply connected to the service port, and a PinMonk silent fan in the power supply, but I saw the overcurrent errors prior to installing that stuff.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s what I was saying someone needs to open 007 and have a look to see if we can get the wanted songs.

Sorry, didn't look back that far. I'll check it out sometime soon.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The way the game is coded with the suspenseful instrumentals for the modes and theme song for main game play I’m not sure where Thunderball or Goldfinger would fit well.
Could they alternate with main theme song during main game play? I’m thinking a rotating selection during game over would be the place to utilize if possible.
Won’t know until someone takes a look in PB.

Since the current code uses the main theme a lot, you could replace that with Goldfinger, but then you'd just hear that all the time. There's a 5 minute sound clip with the Bond theme at the beginning and the end, with some generic music in the middle, but it doesn't seem like that middle part is used anywhere yet.
And there's a ton of movie clips in the image that aren't used in the game yet.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is that the only music files? One long 5 minute clip? If that’s the case it’s going to be hard to change anything.
I wouldn’t replace the main theme in favor of the others. Goldfinger or Thunderball would have to be added elsewhere in my opinion but don’t think they can be tied to a mode where the correct John Berry selection from movie is used.

There's around 10 shorter sound scripts that play the main theme, from 1:37 to 4:06 in length, but I think those just reference locations in that longer 5:00 minute clip. So if you replace all or part of the 5:00 minute clip you might step on those shorter sound scripts. It's possible some of those are independent locations as placeholders for adding in additional music in future code releases though.

Even outside of PB you can explore some of the stuff that isn't implemented yet by extracting the files on a linux platform. For example:
bond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpg

*edit - pending licensor approval

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The overcurrent error showed up with CN15 unplugged so it isn't a GI bulb. The game starts up and plays without issue, but if I just open the coin door it will trigger the overcurrent error about 50% of the time. Most of the time it's on node board 8, but not always. Sometimes it shows up on board 1 or 9 and occasionally on 2 at once. The errors clear immediately when running the node board test. And I can easily reproduce it by closing and/or pulling the interlock switch. So my best guess is something is up with the power distribution board, specifically the circuit that cuts and restores 48V. Has anyone ever seen something similar? I have a Godzilla pro with a similar issue, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one seeing this. I'll try emailing stern support and see what they say.
The easiest solution is probably to just keep the coin door closed I guess.

In case anyone ever has a similar issue, I was able to figure out what the problem was. After swapping both the interlock switch and the power distribution board from another machine, and verifying there was no issues with the wiring, the "opening the coin door sometimes triggers overcurrent errors" problem was still there. I then measured the output voltage from the power supply and it was a bit on the high side at 48.65 V. I adjusted the potentiometer on the power supply counterclockwise a bit to get the output voltage at 48.3 V and the issue is gone. And at that lower voltage the left scoop default eject power seems about right now too. I had to dial that back when the voltage was higher because ejected balls were flying into the tank at high speed.

#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope next update has more of Q’s gadgets and really hope we get integration of Bond women when scoring mode started. Movie clip or some dialogue.
What else do owners want to see?

From what I saw in the assets a DB5 multiball is in the works, and some Q branch stuff.

bond2 (resized).jpgbond2 (resized).jpg
bond3 (resized).jpgbond3 (resized).jpg

And I'm hoping they can make the scoring look like this:

bond1 (resized).jpgbond1 (resized).jpg

#2297 1 year ago

So from an IP standpoint it's ok to jump around between 6 different movies during gameplay with scenes that are not in any chronological order as long as you don't intermix scenes from 2 movies, or different parts of the same movie, at the same time? Makes perfect sense.

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think that’s true. It used to stack, and now it doesn’t. I tried with glass off.
Largo Also doesn’t stack with jet pack, and those are from the same movie.

I think it was a bug that it "stacked" in .80. The shots were the same color between jetpack and Fiona Volpe and you didn't know what shot to hit sometimes.

Q's ring should stack with either Wint & Kidd or Mr. Henderson and Bird One with Blofeld too if same movie stacking was allowed.

#2328 1 year ago

They should embrace the theme of the game to get the code in shape quicker. Fear is a good motivator.

ec42a92c-7418-4905-a6a3-cd44a26a0b3b_text (resized).pngec42a92c-7418-4905-a6a3-cd44a26a0b3b_text (resized).png
#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

They effed it up, plain and simple. Henderson is not a bad guy - he is Bond's contact in Japan in YOLT. In Diamonds are Forever, the same actor, Charles Gray plays Blofeld. Henderson doesn't belong on the the villains list - and the Charles Gray Blofeld from Diamonds should be the Villain. I would think with intense approval process from the licensor, this should not have been missed. I mean they were concerned about JetPack Bond's eyebrow thickness.

Completely agree, and to add to this Mr. Henderson wasn't even close to a major character in YOLT, certainly not insert worthy. Bond meets him at his house, makes sure it's him by whacking his fake wooden leg with his cane, and then he's dead with a knife to the back in about in minute. They should have went with something like Blofeld Lives, Blofeld Returns, or Blofeld Again.

The only way this makes any sense is if the Blofeld that escaped at the end of YOLT decided to get plastic surgery to look like Mr. Henderson.

#2362 1 year ago

Good thing they didn't use "aka Blofeld" for Professor Dent since that actor, Anthony Dawson, played Blofeld in From Russia with Love and Thunderball.

#2367 1 year ago

Back to the code, there's a couple things I don't see in the assets folder that I hope get included at some point: the downtown Vegas car chase from Diamonds are Forever & the golf match from Goldfinger.

"If that's his original ball I'm Arnold Palmer" would be a good callout for a ball save.

1 week later
#2678 1 year ago

Can anyone explain why they have this connection between the neutral and ground on the EMI filter? I don't remember seeing that before on other games, but this one seems to have a different EMI filter type.

SternEMIFilter (resized).pngSternEMIFilter (resized).png
1 week later
#3103 1 year ago

For the currently unused assets on the 0.86 image we have:

--Dragon, Reactor, and Honey Rider intro sequence from Dr. No
--Helicopter and Boat chases from From Russia with Love
--DB5 car chase (looks like it will be used as part of a DB5 Multiball) and Fort Knox battle from Goldfinger
--Underwater fight and ending Disco Volante fight from Thunderball
--Little Nellie sequence from You Only Live Twice

Honor Blackmon and Pussy Galore's flying circus are MIA. And this is new:

PowerPackMultiball (resized).jpgPowerPackMultiball (resized).jpg
#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Anyone else having Wi-Fi connection issues? Mine rarely connects on its own and fights me if I try to manually connect. It shows it has good signal to the network when I go into settings but still won’t connect. I’ve tried resetting the dongle, switching ports, moving the router but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

Yes, the StarTech one that came with mine was crap. Even extending it outside of the backbox with usb extension cable didn't help. I replaced it with a spare TP-Link adapter I had and the connection is now solid. There's a list in the IC thread of all the adapters that work.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Interesting. Wasn't working for me as of 10:00pm last night when we turned the machine off. I updated to 0.87 this morning when I started it up and now it's registering Achievements as expected. Wonder if my machine just booted up funky with 0.86 or if ther was a fix in 0.87? In any case, the Achievements are now registering, which is fun.

I started getting achievements I previously achieved last night while still on 0.86.

1 week later
#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

i actually hope he reads this. he gives stern support a bad name. he has all my contact info if he wants to discuss his incompetency.

I didn't have any issues working with him to get a couple bad IC scanners replaced last week.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I did not know that!

Me either! I figured the .36% of people that completed Prof. Dent just cranked up the time in the settings.

There's also this in the achievement list - "Freeze all the roving Professor Dent shots before collecting any". No idea how to do that.

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Right, the tank target freezes that roving arrow. To get that achievement, make repeated shots on the tank until all of the arrows are lit/frozen. I didn't know about this either until the stream with Gomez and Mike V.
Also, in the Dr. No mode, you can keep hitting the tank target and collecting Dr. No awards and progress. If you shoot the flashing right orbit you can build the bonus and "cash it out" with the tank shot. Good run-down with more detail here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/james-bond-007-rulesheet/7893#heading--villain

Thanks, that's what I need to get that shifty bastard Dent. Was it like that in the earlier code too? I don't remember ever seeing the yellow shots freeze, and I had to have hit the tank by accident a few times.

1 week later
#4154 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Gomez on a podcast today said 2 weeks for the next update. It was recorded Tuesday this week. He also said Tiffany Case is driving him insane and told the team to fix it!

That's unbelievable!!!

#4409 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a bunch of random things with no progression (I don't think? I closed out categories and didn't get anything), so it's arguably worse.

Exactly, everything is mixed up and random currently. Ideally the Bond villain, henchman, Spectre weapon, and bond girl would be tied together somehow. Maybe starting a Villain mode requires you to play through the corresponding henchman mode first, with bonuses for saving the bond girl and/or dealing with the Spectre weapon from that movie?

1 week later
#5386 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I noticed with blowfeld nothing is lit up when you’re fighting him. What are you supposed to aim at or hit for nothing is lit?

Drop targets

#5387 1 year ago

Coming soon?

LittleNellieMultiball (resized).jpgLittleNellieMultiball (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5796 1 year ago

Nice - Now the "Bond...James Bond" Multiball has a "Nixie Tube" style timer

#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure at what point in the future this will become available, but Mike V has mentioned a planned "ball swipe" (?) feature, similar to that apparently on Stranger Things, where a physically locked ball can be released as an add-a-ball in multiball modes by hitting the action button. The downside is that you lose a locked ball and will have to re-earn it. This feature will only be available with Premium/LE gameplay code as it requires a physical ball lock.

Couldn't it launch a ball on the pro?

1 month later
#7629 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry dude, none of this is going to happen.
They've already coded all the "ball save" stuff; I think we'd all agree their time would be better spent finishing the stuff they haven't done yet.

Wouldn't be too difficult to keep the animation and change the call out from "Ball Saved!". I'm going to try to go with "If that's his original ball I'm Arnold Palmer" once the code is near final and pinball browser supports it.

#7630 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man these Stern pop bumper selectables are insane.
When I play JP I’m pretty sure I have to make the jeep align properly to advance along the path I want it to. Yep. Sure of it. With the actual pinball itself
Not “selectable” like GZ.
Pins are different. Get over it

Cycling through them on a tank target or rocket hit would at least make it so you have some control over what is selected.

3 months later
#10590 7 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yep slow rollers on my game setup at pitch 7, go STDM every time from the red grant lane. Really odd how some people never have this issue and others have it always.

I'd do a slow-motion recording of the ball coming out of there and see if anything is causing it to deflect at the end of that lane. On my Lebowski I had SDTM drains coming off the left ball guide and no amount of adjusting it worked. It turned out that when the metal guide was cut, there was a very small imperfection at the end of it that deflected the ball just a bit. I just needed to file it down and it has been perfect since.

2 weeks later
#11124 7 months ago

This is how I'd like it to be:

--Manual selection of a movie (select a mission) when qualifying at the villain ramp and you face the henchman first - no starting of the henchman, Q mode, or spectre weapon independently for a random movie.
--Villain starts after henchman is defeated or times out and is easier if the henchman was defeated. You can keep trying to defeat the same villain if you drain or timeout by re-qualifying and selecting the same movie again.
--Q modes (hit a couple qualifying shots then right scoop), Spectre weapons (hit letters), and bond girl (a few loops?) for the movie can be enabled while in it and make things easier or give you extra points. Q mode can be cancelled if you don't want his help.
--Defeating the villian moves lights the center insert and moves on to the mini-wizard for that movie. For the movies that won't have them (YOLT and DAF) defeating the villain is just a qualification for the final wizard mode.

I'd just prefer to be able to play through a movie vs. the all over the place approach of the current code.

#11127 7 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Gomez already said that there will not be selectable modes unfortunately.

Yeah, I know, maybe he'll change his mind. Deadpool and Godzilla both have them and it doesn't seem to be a problem there.

The other issue, and it's been brought up many times here, is you don't really need to complete anything. You can get a huge score and make it to multiple mini-wizards modes without actually defeating a henchman or villain.

#11142 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now we are all going off on tangents and rambling incoherently. We want the game to be like Mike Tyson's punch out now? We want them to completely change the code (not happening) so you can choose your own adventure, despite the fact that they've said its not gonna happen? We want this ruleset to mirror a NES "boss" game rather than a modern pinball machine? This code is almost done folks, none of this shit is gonna happen!
If you want your suggestions to filter over to the folks involved in this game, KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE. Nobody is reading these 5,000 word-salad home brew fantasy opuses.
And try to be realistic or you'll just be disappointed. Just like they aren't going to buy the Goldfinger song, make 5 new EB animations, or go "choose your own adventure," they aren't going to make whatever radical wholesale changes you are suggesting at this point.
There's some decent ideas if you wade through all this stuff but some of you guys are living in fantasyland.

My rambling tangent was only 192 words. Coherence is open for debate.

#11143 7 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Sooo....I was just able to stack Bird 1 multiball on top of a Q Gadget (Q's Ring). I'm trying to think back if that was possible before the new code and I honestly can't recall, but i dont think so. I'm wondering if I would be able to stack MB on other Q's, such as the dreaded Power Pack??

You can stack either Bird One or Jetpack on top of the 2 Q modes that don't have their own multi-balls: Q's Ring and Radioactive Recon. That's been there on the recent code.

#11144 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Add "start a henchmen mode" as a mystery award.
I've NEVER made it through all 6 henchmen modes, or even close. It's even harder to do now that we are going for loops when lit instead of the ramp to get our playfield X going.

There's just too many shots you need to make to complete the modes. Maybe hitting certain combos can clear off some of the other shots for you to make it more do-able? I still think progress should be saved for the villains if you don't finish their modes to let you come back to them with a decent bonus at the end.

#11172 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Guys like POMC I think are already on it.

And probably waiting for the final 1.0x code before doing anything on a large scale. Each code update requires some re-work. I might look at those static video screens for the Bond girl multipliers and see if anything can be done with those. Video clips seem to be easier to swap in after code updates than the music/callouts since they are stored as individual files.

1 week later
#11388 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about just awarding mini-wizards at four instead of six?
4 Q modes..4 Villains...4 henchmen etc.?
It's just too much of a slog trying to do six of anything.

How about you get to jump right to the final wizard mode (when available) if you can do 6 any 1 thing without accidently starting 1 of anything else?

I had a game where I got through all 6 villains and played a mini-wizard before I even started a Q mode. No idea how, I guess I had the villain ramp dialed in.

#11390 7 months ago

Ok, so we aren't going to get a pick your assignment unless a miracle happens.

Could a compromise be to have it lock in on a particular movie for the duration of a ball once a villain, henchman, Q mode, or spectre weapon is started? That would at least allow you to play through a movie and light its insert, and that's what would trigger the corresponding mini-wizard for the 4 movies that have it.

Q mode qualification would need to be adjusted somewhat to allow for an equal chance of starting any of them first. Doesn't seem like to big of coding change to me from where we are at now.

#11392 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For me variety is the spice of life. A linear trip through the movies or locking in on one movie would remind me too much of Road Show or "OK Who brought the dog?"

Still not exactly linear because you could take out the villain first, then take out the henchman, then the spectre weapon, and then Q shows up to help with a gadget for no reason...

The order could be part of the strategy. Q or henchman first makes the villain easier with less shots required.

#11397 7 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I don't understand why each insert in the middle doesn't represent a wizard or mini wizard mode. Would be cool and make sense when you finish all of a movies' modes to get the big scene as the wizard for each one. Right now there's really no point in only focusing on the Dr. No modes for example.

There are IC achievements for playing all 4 modes for a movie in a single game. But getting any of those is more luck than skill.

#11470 6 months ago

The Vegas car chase would be a good choice for the DAF mini-wizard.

#11479 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How about YOLT? What would you like to see from this movie for a wizard mode?

They've already used up most of YOLT (volcano lair, little nellie, piranhas, car magnet, space hijack). Maybe the scene where he gets trapped in the plane and the pilot bails out or when he fights the guys on the ship?

1 week later
#11821 6 months ago

I got tired of waiting for the bond women to show up so I added them through pinball browser. Just 3 second video clips of each replacing the multiplier qualification static images so far.

domino (resized).jpgdomino (resized).jpgdomino_static (resized).jpgdomino_static (resized).jpg
3 months later
#13999 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Playing around with ideas for custom code 1.0 when it is released. While in meetings today I am working on new Match scenes. Still will be the roulette wheel but with a clip edited in from Diamonds are Forever that adds a humorous touch to the Match screens.
I'm bored of the High Stakes awards screens too - just Bond throwing down cards - and I think I have a good idea for a fun replacement for the High Stakes cards scenes.
Of course will be making music changes and I don't care if Live & Let Die and A View To A Kill are not songs from Connery movies. They'll be somewhere in my version replacing some of those quiet, boring orchestral tracks.

The bond girl icons that come up when you aren't in a mode are all 3 second videos. I replaced those in .98 but didn't bother putting them back in .99. There seems to be a lot of duplicate videos in the code for High Stakes, so plenty of opportunity to change them up with custom stuff. I'm going to change out that Moby song for the the instrumental version of You Know My Name. "If that's his original ball I'm Arnold Palmer" needs to be added too along with some other custom callouts.

#14006 3 months ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I just watched a guy have a 3 billion point game and he didn’t even light one insert haha!

I got 5.1 billion last night with no inserts lit. Ahoy, Mr. Bond at 7x was 3.5 billion of it. I've only managed to light a couple, but my brother got all 6 a couple days ago. Getting all the Spectre weapons is tough, but it does let you wrap around on those after getting all 6.

#14009 3 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Wow, dude. You were in the zone, hitting shot after shot. Must've been some sweet flow. Congrats! My best on Ahoy is about 1.1B and I'm pretty sure that had multipliers activated for some or all of it.

I hit 7x first and then fired off all my missiles right away while letting the ball drain. Then I went after the shots. I think the flashing shots are double, so I was probably getting 14x whatever the base jackpot was for those.

#14063 88 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Don't know that one, but will look.
Here's the ground rules for Match scene changes:
10.5 second audio and video limit
10 different video clips can be used (match #s 00 - 90), but they all use the same 10.5 second audio clip
So 10 different Bond women can be highlighted, but all clips will play the same audio.

I was just looking at the game image and I think I could get it to copy the video asset files around when it starts up. That would open up the possibility of having every bond girl included and it would just pick 10 from the list when it boots. I need to test it out and see if that works.

2 months later
#15234 17 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

As mentioned many times, the movie insert logic should be changed/reworked. Who cares if the final wizard mode requires you to play all 24 things, that would be fine, but getting a movie insert lit should be based on henchmen and villains leaving the weapons and Q for perks/features.
And why stop there. Add blinking movie insert for starting the henchman/villain for a movie and solid lit movie insert for completing the henchman/villain. That way you always have some movie inserts qualified or completed each time you play instead of rare seeing a movie insert lit.

I think defeating the villain should light the insert, and OHMSS should be qualified by defeating all 6 villains. Villain difficulty can be reduced if you complete the Q mode, henchman, or Spectre weapon first, but you wouldn't need to play those. Maybe have a 2nd way to get to OHMSS if you complete everything for a movie?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 26.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksp1138.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.