IMG_7177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0339.gif
Smells (resized).png
IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I just noticed something interesting! The side art of the left side of the machine shows "Little Nellie" autogyro being attacked by Brantly B2B helicopters. This is totally incorrect. The B2B was used by Osato in You Only Live Twice when he landed at his business and in search for Bond a Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. The B2B was never used in any attack scenes. It was the Bell 47 that was used. I wonder if they couldn't get right for the Bell 47??

We've been told by George that the art was same as on used on the orignal posters, just resized and re-laid out by Kevin O'Connor for Stern's use.

So I suspect that the original art from theatrical posters had the wrong helicopters and it wasn't a Stern error or rights issue.

Poster art the features stuff that doesn't happen in the movie seems to be pretty common especially for older films. The poster had to convince you to buy a ticket so they would sometimes exaggerate the art to make things more exciting than they were.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Need an option for “trying to decide”.
I wanted an LE after the reveal. My wife isn’t a big fan of the theme and almost killed me when I told her the LE cost, but she enjoyed playing the game. This seems to be a harder choice between Pro and Premium and what’s even harder is deciding which existing game would go to make room.
Thanks for rescuing the thread.

Really hard to tell if the Prem is worth it over the Pro until we see what kind of things they do with Bond on the wand. Could be really cool or very meh.

Many people seem to be okay with virtual ball locks vs the physical for Bird 1 so thats not a huge difference for most.

The other main diff with Prem is the inclusion of the divers under the window. George said those would be avail for purchase separately so that difference from the Pro is neglible.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Hands down the worse trophy and banner yet. The launch trophy looks the same but all three models on a black background
[quoted image]

That is a very lazy banner. I was hoping for the same same side art thats on left side of Prem or LE games filling up the banner.

Even just a full image image of the head side art of bond standing from any of the 3 games would have looked way better.

I'm assuming they didn't want (or have time) to get approval on using the same art as cabinets but redoing the layout to fit the banner aspect ratio. The pics they have of the full game were already approved so they just slapped it on the banner and called it a day.

#106 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing the first pics of an unboxed LE. I'm curious if they still have the extra artwork above and below the divers window.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a video this week of a premium at Little shop of games and looks to have different art below the window and nothing but a black pad above. Can’t quite make out what the art is but looks different from stern photos.

Yeah I've seen the premiums but I thought were described as show only prototypes so I was hoping the official LE's which are shipping now would have the full artwork there.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Patiently waiting for the arrival of my LE, should be any day now!!!

Its been mentioned that they started shipping LE's on Friday so some lucky owners should be getting it in time for X-mas.

I know the poster below is not the right Bond for this game but it has "A Christmas Present From James Bond" on it.

The-Man-with-the-Golden-Gun-1974-X-mas-advance-one-sheet-poster (resized).jpegThe-Man-with-the-Golden-Gun-1974-X-mas-advance-one-sheet-poster (resized).jpeg
#264 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Powder coat looks gorgeous in person!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awespme. Thanks for the quick pics.

Looks like no Disco Vollante ship decal on the left side along the side scoop area. Will need to mod that area to add that.

Can you confirm there is an artwork decal on the inner cabinet next to the scuba divers?

#265 1 year ago

Looks like mine will be here Friday. Bond LE will be one of the most sought after pins a few years from now. This will likely be the one machine I keep when I move to FL full time.
[quoted image]

If i were you I would block out your personal info on that picture.

#271 1 year ago

I'm curious how the LE plaque looks with the 00-numbering style, can you take a pic of that?

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Congratulations!! They look fantastic!!
Thought I had read all the plaque numbers would start with 00# to mimic the 007 theme. Is that true? Hard to make out on the pics.

That's what I thought too. Looks just the regular numbered style they always do. I guess the leading zeros will only be on the first 10 games, 001, 002, etc?

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you remove the pad the ball comes back out of there a lot more. It just needs a thinner energy-absorbing pad that runs the full length with a vinyl decal on top.

Once mine comes in I'm gonna try a thin plastic card with boat artwork printed on it and see how that holds up when stuck to the existing pad.

If someone with a game already can measure the height and length needed. I'll get started on it.

#298 1 year ago

I like the subtle art on the blades. I don't like over the top blade art. My attention is on the playfield.

I really like the Ken Adam sketches on the side blades. Is that a fake Ken Adam signature on the lower side blade? If so I think that's a great touch. Ken is responsible for that iconic "look" of the classic Bond films.

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was wondering if it would beat up the wood, not the decal, should of clarified

Side rails on new Sterns are metal not wood.

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only one you'll be needing, if you have an le, is a topper. Gz and rush toppers are still not ready yet

George thought the topper would be the same one that's comes with the 60th. If that's the case, and 60th is released in month or two, then I would think the topper would be able to be ordered as an accessory soon after that.

#510 1 year ago

My magnet idea to cover up the ugly insider connected sticker by the right speaker. Universal Exports if the fake company front used Bond every now and then.

rps20221219_130623 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130623 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130655 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130655 (resized).jpg
#511 1 year ago

Another magnet to cover up the ugly epilepsy warning sticker on the premium/LE metal aprons. Thunderball art for the LE or You Only Live Twice art for the premium.

rps20221219_130541 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130541 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130744 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130744 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130723 (resized).jpgrps20221219_130723 (resized).jpg
#513 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any chance you could make some of the bath scene fit as a decal for the metal mountain?
[quoted image]

Probably but my game isn't here yet. Can you give me a template of the dimensions?

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Those not familiar with DJ Mixer mode (great to have on music pins) might want to be made aware -- DJ Mixer mode can be turned on in Bond with Standard Adjustment #70.
Then, while in attract mode, hold both flippers, and when the game selection comes up, scroll with the flippers to DJ Mixer mode and hit start. Now you can leave the game music playing in your game room!
Only three tracks on there for now, and two of them are "test tracks" you hear in some modes ... hopefully they add more down the road.
[quoted image]

Are they John Barry originsl score music or Stern originals in the spirit of John Barry?

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

According to George Gomez in a recent interview on another pinball podcast, an update is planned to be released before Christmas

He also mentioned the need for the foam pad on the side rail near the third flipper. He said the foam pad was added to help reduce amount of times the ball ends up in that side scoop.

He also indicated that the decal of the ship that was in the earlier promo pics should be in the goodie bag. He strongly advised against removing the foam pad though as it would be too detrimental to game play.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Will be interesting to see the Oddjob shot in Elwin’s game to see what George didn’t like about it. He said he took it out of his game because it was effecting the shots. I assume he swapped it out for the scoop that’s there now.

I'm guessing it sometimes put one of the upright posts on the spinner right in the way of making the side ramp shot. That probably would be annoying sometimes and reduce the fast flow of some of the combos.

Probably behaved similar to the Batman66 batmobile spinner on the rotisserie. Even though it has a self centering magnet, it still sometimes doesn't self center and you can't shoot through the middle sometimes until the spinner rotates out of the way.

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It's not in there. Where does the 007 plastic go, or is that supposed to be a keychain?
[quoted image]

Looks like a key cahin since it has the little hole in the corner.

Is that an LE goodie bag or Pro goodie bag?

If it was from a Pro, maybe decal was only meant for LE/Prem games ?

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I find this interesting as the ball ends up in the scoop constantly now. The pad dampens the impact which you would think prevent it from ricocheting back into middle of PF thus in the scoop more. Just seems odd that with nothing there and a hard impact to side the ball would go in more.

It also seems non intuitive to me that the pad would keep the ball out more than without it. Usually rubber pads around scoops are there to absorb impact and deaden the ball action. I guess it would be a simple experiment to see how much the ball bounces out with the pad vs without the pad.

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hey guys, so my bond LE came in and the translite LEDs are not working. Anyone ever experienced some thing similar? And if so, what is the fix? Attract mode LEDs set to 100% and nothing coming on.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check out this post and the one immediately following it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/48#post-4456224

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

Manufacture date seems to be a bit further behind than their original production schedule of the first week of December. Probably explains why a lot of people are still in the dark (including me) on where their machine is.

Doesn't Stern shutdown the factory between Xmas and New Years? If that's the case, then there might be small gap before the rest of LE's get done and out the door.

1 week later
#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ken Adams. The man responsible for pretty much the entire bond aesthetic

Actually it's Ken Adam (not Adams) a lot of people mistakenly add the "s" on the end of his name.

In addition his iconic production design on many Bond films he was also production designer of Dr Stranglove which also has amazing sets.

In additon to coming up with the gadget heavy DB5, he also designed the gadget heavey car for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. That film was based on the Ian Fleming novel, and was also produced by Bond producer Albert Broccoli. It also has the actors who played Q and Goldfinger in it.

As a classic Bond fan I really like the Ken Adam sketches for the art blades.

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Anyone know where this screw is supposed to be? Found it on the floor after unboxing.
[quoted image]

See if you are missing a screw on one of you coin mechs. Your pic looks like the one that is used just above the knurled screw on the coin mech.

On my game, one of the knurled screws was loose and in the bottom of my cabinet. Saw another pinsider post that they also found a loose knurled screw in their game.

Seems like multiple loose screws from the coin mechs.

Also had a problem with my coin door interlock. When coin door is closed, the switch doesn't activate so I get a missing 48v error.

The interlock switch is not defective because if I manully push it in or pull the plunger out it works. I need to take a closer look and see if they just mounted the bracket holding the switch too far from the edge of the coin door. But on a good note, I got a right angled power cord.

20230111_230537 (resized).jpg20230111_230537 (resized).jpg

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I put a new translite together for my pro. Pm if interested.

Looks great but no Diamonds are Forever?

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks, but I couldnt fit it in. But hey there's 5 of 6 and in chronological order left to right ta boot!

Yes it looks great! Way better than Dr No translight.

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I like the mirrored backglass on the LE.
IMO, the LE is easily the nicest looking art package of the 4

Even though Stern was constrained to use existing poster art, the LE has the best composition that looks like it was made for a pinball backglass. The mirroring effects on the LE glass are also fantastic.

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

And there's a ton of movie clips in the image that aren't used in the game yet.

Were you able to verify that via Pinball Browser? I wasn't sure it it still worked with the newer Stern games.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Scored a nice Little Nellie with scene correct Bond figure in it. Directors cut is the one to look for by Corgi. Same scale as the others.

Nice, what is the length front to back, not including the blades?

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I want to see the passion Gomez showed us at the unveiling lol

We got spoiled with his multiple podcast appearances and live streams last year and now it's been radio silence as there's not much to talk about until new code arrives. Hopefully all the lost momentum will get restored with a juicy update soon.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

If stacking is not turned on, this game is toast.

Maybe they can do something like Lyman did with Batman66. When you have two modes going at once, you can "change channels" via the action button.

That feature let you toggle between simultaneously running multiple modes to see the shots you need to hit and hear the music and callouts for the mode you want to focus on.

As implemented on Batman66 LCD there were small TV's on the side showing the other running modes playing in the background.

Plenty of room on Bond LCD to do something similar. Anyone know if that feature was implemented on any other Stern games?

I'm not familiar with Stranger Things code. How does that game handle simultaneously running modes?

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yea, it’s a little known fact that the Austin powers movies parody the old bond stuff.

Now thst you mention it. I think I see a resemblance.

bfR4WiqPLFaltdYZ5aY_fXKeWakcqwRto8230zV0I1k (resized).pngbfR4WiqPLFaltdYZ5aY_fXKeWakcqwRto8230zV0I1k (resized).png
#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would love to hear the answer on this, you’re right that it’s really odd and no cohesion.
Well Stern/Gomez?

The actor who played Blofeld in Diamonds are Forever is the same actor who played Mr Henderson (a good guy) in You Only Live Twice.

Stern needed to put the main villain for Diamonds are Forever (Blofeld) on that insert tree. But there was already Blofeld there from You Only Love Twice so put the image of the Diamnonds are Forever Blofeld there but labeld him Mr Henderson instead.

Personally I think that was a confusing decision. They should have just called the first one "Blofeld 1.0" and the second one "Blofeld 2.0". It's the same character but fave was altered via plastic surgery.

The clip they use is from that mode is the correct movie, Diamonds are Forever. I think people are confusing the rocket in Diamonds with the Bird One rocket from You Only Live Twice.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mr. Henderson is in You Only Live twice. He is not in Diamonds are forever. So why is a diamonds are Forever clip playing during the Mr. Henderson (You only live twice) mode?
Your double blofeld theory makes zero sense either. The blofeld/Charles Gray character isn't in the Mr. Henderson clip! It's two nobodies and Jimmy Dean talking about a satellite. There's no way to rationalize this mode/decision in any way that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

The problem is Stern labeled the last insert Mr Henderson, but it's not Mr Henderson, it's Blofeld from Diamonds are Forever. He is the more villain in Diamonds and that insert is the Diamonds villain mode.

The clip they use is appropriate because it's Blofeld's satellite doing evil Blofeld tasks. Probably would have been better to use a clip with more Blofeld footage, but the space stuff is cool too.

So the question is why did they label it as aka Mr Henderson? Was it meant as a joke because the actor who played Blofeld in DAF was the same actor as Mr Henderson in YOLT? Did they just not want to put Blofeld as the villain twice in a row? Who knows? Whatever the reason the licensor thought it was ok.

In my opinion, they should have just called it Blofeld 2.0 because it's the "new and improved" Blofeld that has recovered from significant bobsled injuries from the previous film, On Your Majesty's Secret Service.

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's the only scene where you see Q's ring.

Of all the gadgets, they choose the absolute lamest one to code first. The little nellie one should be cool when it playable.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

3.0 surely? You forgot Telly Savalas in OHMSS

I was thinking in the context of the game, as in the second Blofeld in that set of 6 inserts.

To be fully accurate, the Diamonds are Forever Blofeld is the 5th film version. He was in Russia with Love and Thunderball as well, but we don't get to he his face in those.

#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Lol. Lana Wood is Plenty O'Toole, for which Sean Connery has one of the best one liners in the series when they first meet - "Named after your father, perhaps". She also later gets thrown out of a hotel window, into a pool, for another great one liner which must be in the game, "Exceptionally fine shot."
Jill St. John plays Tiffany Case in the annoying Q scene you mention.

The second half of that quote is even funnier. After getting thrown out the window she lands in pool several stories down and Bond says "Exceptionally fine shot." The goon who threw her out the window says "I didnt know there was a pool down there".

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Did I miss something in the launch? Do they not have rights to Bond’s lines? I can’t think of one line of Connery’s actual voice in the game so far. Tell me I’m wrong. Please.

Connery doest need to talk much he is a man of ACTION!

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I also heard previously the armor from the 60th is the same for the cornerstone like the topper. Maybe we can get this confirmed tonight.

I thought on one of the interviews or streams george mentioned that they were going to use the 60th armor on the LE but it covered up some of the side art and licensor didn't like it pr somethong along thise lines? Anyone else remember hearing something like that. Maybe I'm mis-remembering it?

1 week later
#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Jonesin for this new code update...come on Stern. Release the damn thing!

I almost wish George didn't say it was coming out in a week. Everyone is gonna lose their shit if it does not come out this week.

He should have said the next was done but going through the test cycle and it would hopefully come out next week. New bugs can pop up during testing that can cause a little more delay to resolve.

I'd rather have them release the next update when it's ready and not put out buggy code just to make a date George mentions in an interview.

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do you know it hasn't been tested?

I don't, it was just an assumption <insert ASS out of U and ME comment here>

#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from Spock:

Roger Moore went to the moon not Sean Connery.

Police on the moon pulling over and giving a speeding ticket to Sean Connery in his moon buggy.

190827-moon-buggy-sean-connery-daf (resized).jpg190827-moon-buggy-sean-connery-daf (resized).jpg
#3275 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It was a film set in Nevada. How dare you accuse bond of such silliness!

Maybe it was the same one NASA used a few years earlier.

Then maybe they redressed again a few years later to be Mars for Capricorn One.

2 weeks later
#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When was this originally revealed , last September/October?
Definitely not progressing very fast.

5-6 months is nothing. Batman66 first run buyers waited almost 2 years for complete code.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's probably asset approval since each involves movie clips. Same reason we seem to not have Bond Women implemented

People keep saying this but is there any evidence that approvals are actually delaying development? Or are people just repeating this assumption so much that it becomes an accepted truth?

It might just be taking a while because it's just a complicated task to integrate video and audio clips from 6 feature length films into a fun cohesive gameplay experience.

I think Steve Ritchie leave Stern in fall of 2021? After that George tried picking up Steve' Bond design but soon decided to scrap his design entirely and start over from scratch. So when Bond premiered at Expo in fall of 2022 it only had approx a year of development time.

Compare that to Foo Fighters which Stern says took a full 2 years to develop.

1 week later
#4417 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

What the hell happened in the initial Bond design meeting? Lol. Honestly, they should probably start at code 0.0 again and go from there. Then there is a chance that this could be a great game (pending licensor approval of course).

I think that's what happened with Batman66 code. They went in a whole different direction after starting which was one of the reasons it took so long to get to the masterpiece it is now.

#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

If I was Gomez, I would be super embarrassed about this whole entire situation…

Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

That’s who, if anyone, deserves sympathy in this fiasco.

Why should we have sympathy for for George? Isn't he the boss of development team at Stern?

If things are not going to plan, he should be the one who has the power to shift resources around, hire more people, etc whatever is needed to put things back on track.

#4576 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Yes. I was expecting last week until I heard about the Gomez podcast. If it doesn’t drop tomorrow I’ll be seriously disappointed.

They must at least do something in time for TPF right?

#4658 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

To top things off they release another product and a week or two later have a code update that is further along then the previous machine that was announced 6 months before. Seriously what are they thinking?

Well to be fair it was said on the stream that Foo Fighters has been in development for 2 years. Whereas Bond was in development by Ritchie but then after he left it had a total design reset and by Gomez. So even though Bond came out about 6 months earlier, it hasn't been "cooking" as long as Foo Fighters.

Should Stern tell the code team on Foo Fighters to not release code until the Bond code team was caught up? That doesn't make sense.

#4843 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I didn't hear about not having thunderball and goldfinger? I feel sorry for people who bought tbe premium thunderball model and it doesn't even play the music? If those songs played in the game people would come running to buy.

I think (?) the game can still have Thunderball and Goldfinger imstrumental music by John Barry, just not the main themes as sung by Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey.

#4853 1 year ago

When Batman66 was in code development hell, I remember at one of the shows they had new code to play on the show games but it wasn't released yet.

Maybe we'll have a similar situation with Bond at TPF this year?

#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Taking preorders for my new shirt design![quoted image]

Let me guess. The shirts will be available.in about......... 2 weeks?

#4970 1 year ago

If anyone feels this game needs a lunch box option like GTF here ya go:

https://www.lunchbox.com/collections/custom-lunch-boxes/products/james-bond-dr-no-lunch-box

james-bond-dr-no-classic-lunch-box_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgjames-bond-dr-no-classic-lunch-box_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgjames-bond-dr-no-lunch-box_900x (resized).jpgjames-bond-dr-no-lunch-box_900x (resized).jpg
#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Have some concerns questions please.
Questions:
2) How much bond music is in the game now? Which movie scores? How much do we KNOW will be added later? I only heard one track on the LE I played.

Quoted from paul_8788:

2) Some random John Barry stuff, no movie scores. We don't KNOW anything, just random stuff has been said off the cuff.

I think you are confusing movie scores with the main title vocal songs. The random John Barry stuff you mentioned IS from the original movie scores and there is quite a bit in the game now when you are in the various modes. Hopefully they keep adding more. During gameplay between modes its pretty much the Bond theme on a loop which gets quite repetitive. I guess Stern didn't learn their lesson with IJ4. No matter how good the main theme music us, you don't want it playing all the time.

Gomez said they have rights for all the vocal title songs for the Connery films except for GoldFinger and Thunderball. John Barry did an excellent job putting little cues from the main title music in a lot of the instrumental score music, so hopefully we'll hear more of that in future updates.

Some people dont like the Moby take on the Bond theme but I think its a nice change of pace as long as it's limited to a wizard mode that only happens once in a while and not all the time. Maybe Stern will put that music choice as an option. Kinda like how Godzilla let's you chose classic or modern for its music track.

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from Suby:

midwest_gaming_classic
[quoted image]

Nice! Let us know what you notice as new or different.

#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Went through the songs in the DJ Mixer, and was nice to see the vocal versions of a couple of the movies in there. Still not a lot of tracks though. I know they can't get the Shirley Bassey version of Goldfinger licensed, but what about the instrumental from the soundtrack?

I think I heard little some of Goldfinger instrumental music when I entered my initials after getting a high score.

#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Interesting, I'll have to listen closer next time. Doesn't seem to be in the DJ Mixer mode though. Maybe not all tracks are in that yet.

Here's where the the high score enter your initials music comes from. It uses some of the beginning part put on a loop. It's a march with the Goldfinger instrumental theme in the background.

John Barry masterfully incorporates the instrumental music of each of movies main theme song with other incidental music throughout the its soundtrack.

#5856 1 year ago

I thought the Moby Bond song was going to be the only modern music in the game.
I think thats ok for a wizard mode that wouldn't be used often. However I noticed some newer style Bond music that sometimes plays during normal game play instead of the standard Bond theme. It sounds like it might be the song "Bike Chase" from Tomorrow Never Dies which you can hear via the DJ mixer.

I'm glad they are playing other tracks instead if the same Bond theme over and over but I wish thay stayed consistent with using the John Barry (or John Barry style) music. The newer stuff mixed with the older during regular game play is a little jarring to me.

Maybe Stern could do something like Godzilla where you can pick the soundtrack style in settings; classic John Barry only, newer Bond music only, or a hybrid that mixes them together.

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I don't hear that distortion on Rosa Klebb, is there a specific section of audio that is crackling for you, or is the lead-in audio crackly?

I had crackling/distortion on my LE and saw that the speakers for cabinet and backbox are both labeled as 4ohms but the game settings had them at 8ohms.

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There IS music from goldfinger and Thunderball in the game. Orchestral music. There are several tracks.
Why not have the theme songs? It's been spelled out to us specifically: they couldn't afford Goldfinger or Thunderball. It was said that Goldfinger alone cost more than their entire licensing budget.

I think he was referring to the "Bike Chase" from Tomorrow Never Dies and the Moby song.

2 weeks later
#6571 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

EACH Q-Branch mode should result in a 2-ball multiball when completed, but should never simply drain out to restart single-ball play.

I kinda like how the flippers just die at the of the "Bond...James Bond" mode. Makes ot more excitng to try and get all.th3 shot in before its too late. Reminds me of Capcoms Kingpin.

#6574 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Does it actually show progress anywhere? I received zero feedback either in game or in instant info having anything to do with Little Nellie.
as far as I know, there is no little nellie code in this recent update. That's what I got out of playing 5 games.
But you guys say it exists so I guess I'll have to believe you.
Maybe I need to do a switch test on the dildo and see if it's working.

I watched the Deadflip stream of the new code last night hoping to see the 2 new Q modes but he never got them. If a player as good as Jack can't get them after almost 3 hours of play I don't think I'll ever see them LOL.

#6802 12 months ago
Quoted from Disruptor71:

Have seen the discussion about the bond themes already included now but only in the Mixer mode.
I agree most of them are very soft and slow and not a good fit to the play and modes, BUT what about to add the great theme from On her Majesty’s Secret from John Barry? Yes we all know it’ s not a Connery Bond but the music is very dramatic and fantastic. Even more a white Majesty flash is already there down the playfield.

Well since they already have have non Barry music from the Brosnan film Tomororrow Never Dies for ball 2 and 3 as the main back ground music, I think John Barry music from non Connery films On Her Majestys Secret Service shouldn't be breaking any licensor rules.

John Barry also did great music for Man With The Golden Gun, Moonraker, Octopussy, A View To A Kill, and The Living Daylights that could sound good in the game as well.

2 months later
#8898 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Well, that's interesting. I'd still be surprised if they do another run of them, but:[quoted image]

I remember when Elvira toppers were announced and everyone thought it was gonna be limited to just 200. They ended up doing multiple batches of those. Unless it comes with a numbered plaque I wouldn't assume its a limited run.

#8917 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I've had multiple well established distros tell me 500 only; they aren't making it up, someone told them that. But stern implied it was exclusive to the 60th too. Honestly, I think there's a fair chance Gomez doesn't exactly know either.... Would guess/hope he's not hugely involve in topper numbers.

Recall this post from when the Elvira topper was announced, everyone thought it was limited to 200.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/112#post-5915477

I'm still skeptical this one is really limited to 500. I hope it's not limited as it just pisses off customers who really want it but cant get it, especially LE buyers. LE buyers are more likely to be big fans of the Bond theme and many would probably want the "complete package" for their machine.

If it is going to be limited, it would be nice if they gave LE owners first dibs and then after a specified amount of time opened up sales up to everyone else.

#9048 9 months ago

I wish the wizard mode was a direct user selection on the screen like it is on Batman66 with the Batusi, Holy, or Gas Attack multiball when you complete a minor villain from all 3 seasons.

So instead of hitting the Goldfinger target or pops, the 4 wizard modes would show up on the LCD and you just pick the one you want to play

I think MV said on stream they were going to have a challenge mode like (at game start you can select a challenge mode instead of regular gameplay) like they do on JP. Hopefully it won't be tied to having a topper like it is on Godzilla.

#9117 9 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I finally have most of my James Bond collection displayed and was able to take some photos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing!

#9136 9 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

You're missing The Living Daylights and License to Kill between From a View to a Kill and Goldeneye.

Quoted from Nicholastree:

I wouldn't say he's "missing" those...

Dalton was a decent Bond. I watched both films not too long ago and they have a nice 80's charm to them. It was cool they brought David Hedison back as Felix Leiter after he played him 16 years earlier in Live and Let Die.

1 month later
#10200 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Mike V:
You will get "something" for lighting a movie insert.
U-turn code coming.
4th mini wizard coming next.
There will be incentives to finish the modes.
You will eventually be able to make more skill shots after locking a ball.
Something else to do with the action button coming in the near future.

Whats U-turn code?

#10212 8 months ago

I watched the 0.95 video stern posted today and the Goldfinger Jackpot looks like a great mini wizard mode. When the mode finishes the clip shows Bond stopping the bomb countdown.

In the film the joke is that the bomb countdown clock is at "0-0-7" when it stops. In the game it shows the counter at "0-1-0". I can't understand why Stern would make that change. Unless it's just a bug?

1 week later
#10538 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That is indisputable fact. It would change the game dramatically.
It is also not going to happen. They've been quite clear about this.

The have the pops and goldfinger target to change things but I'd prefer if it was more like Batman66.

In that game when you enable the minor villain mode, a screen pops up so you can choose which minor villain from which TV season you want to play. Then you get enough minor villains to enable the minor villain wizard mode it again let's you choose which of the 3 you want to play (holy multiball, batusi multiball, or gas attack multiball).

1 week later
#10908 7 months ago

Too bad they didn't put it out in time for Pintastic last weekend

#11130 7 months ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yeah, I know, maybe he'll change his mind. Deadpool and Godzilla both have them and it doesn't seem to be a problem there.

Batman66 as well.

I'm not good enough to get two mini wizard modes in one game. If you get to a second wizard mode, does it block you from playing the one you already played?

#11193 7 months ago

Have they said anything about a live stream like they did with the previous recent code updates?

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am surprised they are making another run of premium and pros. Plenty in stock now.

I thought the next run was delayed until Q4 next year?

1 week later
#11444 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Ok. Not that hard to hit it once or twice. But let’s say second shot gets you the mode you wanted. Ball bounced off GF target into left scoop. Left scoop ejects … to the pops. Ball bounces around pops and comes back to flippers. Now you have to hit GF target again. Maybe 3-4 times to get the mode you wanted.
Rinse and repeat.
It’s not hard. But it could be damn frustrating. Why does that make a game people already complain about being too “wood choppy” any better? It doesn’t. And we have a window before code 1.0 to try to get Stern to change it. After 1.0 this game is probably done from a design standpoint.

I wish they made the mode selectable on LCD via flippers like on Batman66. That method works great to select a mini wizard mode. You've done all the work to enable the mode just let the player select which one they want without jumping through more hoops.

1 week later
#11543 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You are hoping to have the bond women in OHMSS which will be basically unobtainable except for a lucky game or the top players?
I'm hoping to see them in regular gameplay, maybe skillshots. THat would be way better so everyone gets to see them with frequency.

Well they mentioned having a challenge mode in a future release. Maybe it will be the OHMSS wizard mode?

1 week later
#11956 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

So with all these re-releases and new LEs after new LEs (EHOH, JP) do we think Stern will pull the same move with Bond and drop a new Goldfinger LE next year what with the movies 60th Anniversary?

I think George already stated in a podcast interview it was something they were thinking about.

I think people are slowly coming around to Bond being a great game with the improved code so maybe there would be enough demand for a 500 unit run of a new LE Goldfiner edition.

In my opnion, the first LE should have been Goldfinger instead of Thunderball. Even though Thunderball made more at the box office, Goldfinger is almost everyone's favorite of the Connery series.

#11964 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I would be slightly annoyed if this happened, not because of the value of my current game but because I would have preferred Goldfinger to Thunderball in the first place

I imagine the majority of current Thunderball LE owners would feel the same way.

Maybe if they did it they would make enough money to condifer adding the Goldfinger song to the code.

2 weeks later
#12263 5 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Yeah boy. Happened on two of the five that I service. Twice on one game already. They didn't fall out. They broke off only the heads of them screws will be found in your game. The threads are in the diverter still. Take the diverter out of the game (just about like a flipper kit swap). Drill out the old broken screws. Install new screws and then reinstall the post with the diverter. Also, you must adjust it a certain way or it will open only momentarily and not stay open. There is a post on page 121 #6040 (apologies for not knowing how to create link) explains it with pictures.

Post #6040

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/121#post-7519401

4 weeks later
#12712 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t get the aversion to keeping the Bond women clips out of the game when they are such a huge part of the theme.

It does seem strange. They've done such a great job representing all the other core features of classic Bond: Q's gadgets, villains and henchmen, and classic John Barry music. But they've really neglected the women aspect of the theme. I really hope they are better represented with a future code release.

1 week later
#12960 4 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Gomez recycles old games like Tron is the same thing as Funhouse, and of course Seawitch/Beatles.

Tron was designed by John Borg not George Gomez. Gomez joined Stern after Tron was released.

4 weeks later
#13635 3 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

According to Stern now, it would be a premium level and not a limited edition.

I think that would annoy Bond owners because Goldfinger is much more iconic than Thunderball. I would suspect most LE owners are Bond fans and would have preferred a Goldfinger LE vs a Thunderball LE.

2 weeks later
#14064 88 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Might have been very cool to have a video mode with the world domination game sans electric shock.

Electrical shock would be the best part. I vaguely remember an Addams Family Uncle Fester themed game where it gave you "shock". I think it was just a vibrating mech to simulate an electrical shock.

Would be a cool pinball machine gimmick to "electrify" the flipper buttons or lockdown bar. Surprised no one has tried that yet.

3 weeks later
#14538 64 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So I just watched Dr No for the first time in over 40 years.
I have to hand it to Dr No.
He’s a very good labeller.
What modern villain would go to the trouble of having all these big signs telling a spy what to do. Besides DANGER LEVEL, every piece of equipment is thoughtfully labelled. My favourite is the TRAJECTORY COMPUTER dangling over the only computer in the room. I mean nowadays we just have racks and racks of servers….. how’s that enjoyable viewing? Bring back the signage I say![quoted image]

Batman and his villains had the same OCD labeling issue. They labeled everything. Must be a 60's thing.

141 (resized).jpg141 (resized).jpgCdgtyNpXEAACAGn.jpeg (resized).jpgCdgtyNpXEAACAGn.jpeg (resized).jpggotham-lucite-map (resized).jpggotham-lucite-map (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo3_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo3_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo4_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo4_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo5_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo5_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo6_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo6_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo7_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o171d9ZAIB1r5rhxlo7_500 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#15197 20 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m thinking they do something like they did on JP and some others.
A mode from the start option to select that plays through the wizard mode.
I’m not adverse to setting up a 10 ball in the future if that is not the case.
Life is too short not to experience it all!

Mike V already mentioned adding a challenge mode like on JP that can be started right away.

2 weeks later
#15515 43 hours ago

I was hoping for a challenge mode (wizard like mode you can start via start button). I thought Mike V said they were going to have one for Bond.

#15609 22 hours ago

I really like how they added a lot of the movie assets into the final wizard mode. They took a lot of good clips that werent applicable in the regular game modes and used them well in the wizard mode.

For the Stern games that have a challenge mode option at the start of a game, is it usually the same as the games final wizard mode? Or is it a whole new unique mode on its own?

#15613 21 hours ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mostly it's been the same general setup and rules for the mode but tweaked slightly to change how long the mode plays (change to timer, flips, shots required, etc.)

That's good since I fall into the same skill category as Gomez mentioned in the stream, i.e. "never get there in my lifetime". Putting OHMSS wizard mode (or variation of it) in as a challenge mode will give us mere mortals a chance to play it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,100 (OBO)
Contact
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.