IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 302.
#1751 1 year ago

God bless you guys, but this is my story and I'm stickin' to it. If for some reason a nuance of it doesn't work for you, then you will have to stick with the factory version or perhaps make your own. Thanks for the feeback.

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not sure that's correct , yes you can't clean with ammonia, but was told by several it's coated on inside to protect from scratches. Does anyone know which is true?

Just use Sparkle.... it's legit the best stuff I have ever used (and it is ammonia free). I have used it on both PDI and Stern HD glass for years.

#1753 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

God bless you guys, but this is my story and I'm stickin' to it. If for some reason a nuance of it doesn't work for you, then you will have to stick with the factory version or perhaps make your own. Thanks for the feeback.

I love it but can't get past the belly dancer. If you could replace this image, I would likely be interested. Great quality as usual. Wish you would do an Elvis. None out there.

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

We have had our LE for nearly a month... and the honeymoon phase is gone. I doubt if we play it again until they update the code. I still think that it has a lot of potential, but as it stands now... it is my least favorite game in our collection.

My thoughts exactly…last week.

After some self induced anxiety and borderline regret I fired it up again.

So I now ignore the code and work on various shots and combos such as the super skill shot to the right scoop, the left orbit shot, and the Spectre shots as well as left orbit/right orbit and lock combo (excellent flow). I am also working on shot consistency without worry for the score. Amazing how the flippers quickly get “tired” (like any pinball game) and I have to change my shot strategies.

I am also exploring what code there is- surprising actually. Yeah there are lots of code “bugs” and asymmetric scoring, but still fun to explore. The factory setup has the outlane posts set somewhat far out, but I am challenging myself with this configuration.

Now I find I am playing this game almost exclusively. (I have multiple others) Go figure.

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

My thoughts exactly…last week.
After some self induced anxiety and borderline regret I fired it up again.
So I now ignore the code and work on various shots and combos such as the super skill shot to the right scoop, the left orbit shot, and the Spectre shots as well as left orbit/right orbit and lock combo (excellent flow). I am also working on shot consistency without worry for the score. Amazing how the flippers quickly get “tired” (like any pinball game) and I have to change my shot strategies.
I am also exploring what code there is- surprising actually. Yeah there are lots of code “bugs” and asymmetric scoring, but still fun to explore. The factory setup has the outlane posts set somewhat far out, but I am challenging myself with this configuration.
Now I find I am playing this game almost exclusively. (I have multiple others) Go figure.

Yeah, that is where I am at.... Mine feels drainy (the game seems to be dialed in more than most) and I don't care for the code... so it is a easy to walk away from until the update. I am pretty confident it will get there. The layout is unique. I like the music and I am a fan of the art.. so it has a lot going for it.

#1756 1 year ago

I've always used sprayway ammonia free. Works great

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Yeah, I've found as basic as the modes are, I actually am enjoying the challenge if trying to complete them (spoiler, I almost never finish one without timing out, draining, or accidentally popping a damn multiball). I can usually finish Odd-job. The Osato combo shots are quite fun, though I'm not sure it's progressing faster with combos like I'm guessing it should. Fun fact - Fiona volpe will stack with jetpack...but the colors are basically the same so you can't figure out the next shot if you do. Mad props to anyone who finishes Mr W&K without timing out....

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've always used sprayway ammonia free. Works great

Me too. Ammonia and glass products has been a no no for decades ever since window tinting became popular.

#1759 1 year ago

I use Windex Ammonia free. Safe and smells good

#1761 1 year ago

ammonia and alcohol free.... InvisaGlass

#1762 1 year ago

I made one post about the cord, a small group of you talked about it for three pages. I never made a single comment to anyone just about Stern. Even thanked flynnibus for his info about the cord and moved on next post but damn man. Good owners club vibe in here so far.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Small PSA: Next time you have the glass off, check the habit rail that comes out over your left inlane. The post nut that's right there at the left inlane where the habit rail drops the ball and is mounted to, was not very tight resulting in the habit rail "wandering" over time to the left, eventually being so far off center above the left inlane that it wouldn't drop the ball anymore.
If you have the glass off anyway just check if it is tight with a nut setter so you don't tilt a good game in an attempt to get it to drop like me.
Aside from that: I never had a machine where the glass was so tight in there. Once the lockdown bar is removed I need both hands to pull the glass and I'm pulling hard. It's bonkers how tight this is. Normally when the bar is gone I can get the glass moving with one or two fingers, here I need to pull the whole way. Any advise?

My glass is super tight as well to the point it scratches the sides fortunately you can’t see it. I have to pull it out with strength with both hands. The tightest I’ve ever had. They must have just cut the top rails closer to the top I guess. I thought I was the only one. Didn’t want to bitch about it because of the reaction I got to my complaint about my power cord.

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from heylou:

ammonia and alcohol free.... InvisaGlass

I used to use that, but Sprayway smells better and I think the foaming action takes care of smudges faster. Maintaining route pins converted me.

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I made one post about the cord, a small group of you talked about it for three pages. I never made a single comment to anyone just about Stern. Even thanked flynnibus for his info about the cord and moved on next post but damn man. Good owners club vibe in here so far.

come on Rick, make a comment about whether or not your gate rests in the notch or too high, and then whether your gonna fix it by bending or washers. Come on, get everybody triggered on the important stuff……

#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

come on Rick, make a comment about whether or not your gate rests in the notch or too high, and then whether your gonna fix it by bending or washers. Come on, get everybody triggered on the important stuff……

Exactly.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here is the edit for the pro. I've also added a white type option for the red. The type has some nice dimensional shadowing up close.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First mod i'm buying for this game and the most important one in my opinion. Great work.

#1768 1 year ago

Plastic protectors from gameroom mods, 6 piece set. The blue is perfect, doesn't stand out, blends in nice. They were also kind enough to include a few rush pieces as well. Great products, thank you

20230115_134517 (resized).jpg20230115_134517 (resized).jpg20230115_134511 (resized).jpg20230115_134511 (resized).jpg

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did one with a quick and dirty yellow outline edit to see how it would look. It may tie better to the yellow overload of the Dr. No cab.
[quoted image]
A/B animation to compare the two color schemes for outlines:
[quoted image]

I’d would be happy to buy one of these if you make it !

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

I’d would be happy to buy one of these if you make it !

Not mine. I just offered advice on making the yellow outlines instead of red. Pinstein is making the two versions. Hit him up.

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Plastic protectors from gameroom mods, 6 piece set. The blue is perfect, doesn't stand out, blends in nice. They were also kind enough to include a few rush pieces as well. Great products, thank you
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just installed these as well, they really do look great. Nice part about the blue is that they don't make the lower area "too" red and wash out the Aston Martin.

IMG_1425 (resized).JPGIMG_1425 (resized).JPG

I installed Rocket City's hardware cleanup kit as well since I was pulling plastics, it really does look nice!

IMG_1426 (resized).JPGIMG_1426 (resized).JPG

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Here is the edit for the pro. I've also added a white type option for the red. The type has some nice dimensional shadowing up close.

Also interested in snagging one for my pro. Looks awesome.

#1773 1 year ago

Got my new 5.25 speakers and installed the speaker light kit. Instructions were idiot proof, took me 20 minutes while double-checking everything.

Thank you again Doug, it's looking sharp!

Don't forget if you do the same to switch the impedance in the service menu to 4 ohm. Did the same for the cabinet speaker to take some of the crackling from that source away.
Sounds good and looks good!

Opted for the circling light for now, there is an insane amount of patterns preprogrammed, what are you all using?

IMG_20230115_210610 (resized).jpgIMG_20230115_210610 (resized).jpg
#1774 1 year ago

Hey coders at Stern -- my 8-year-old who's currently obsessed with James Bond (pinball & movies) pointed out an error...

When you start Bird One multiball, it activates the blue Diamonds Are Forever insert. .... except, as my son pointed out, the Bird One plotline was in You Only Live Twice, not in DAF.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Got my new 5.25 speakers and installed the speaker light kit.
Opted for the circling light for now, there is an insane amount of patterns preprogrammed, what are you all using?
[quoted image]

I just let them go, no adjustments made from where they were set out of the package.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey coders at Stern -- my 8-year-old who's currently obsessed with James Bond (pinball & movies) pointed out an error...
When you start Bird One multiball, it activates the blue Diamonds Are Forever insert. .... except, as my son pointed out, the Bird One plotline was in You Only Live Twice, not in DAF.

Email stern

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

It seems to me that the movie inserts are lit randomly. I don't know what it takes to "complete" a movie, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

I would have expected that you would complete a movie by starting that movie's villain, henchman, and woman (and maybe it's Q mode and Spectre weapon too).

Also, sometimes when it is totaling up my end-of-ball bonus, it counts something for "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". I don't know how or why, but it's happened more than once.

#1778 1 year ago

So how long do you current owners think it will take until Stern gets the code to where it needs to be? Has Stern hinted at what assets and how much (including needed additional music) will eventually be included?

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So how long do you current owners think it will take until Stern gets the code to where it needs to be? Has Stern hinted at what assets and how much (including needed additional music) will eventually be included?

6 months, bare minimum. Probably more like 12 months or more.

#1780 1 year ago

I would love to see a flow chart like JJP does for it's games, It's a very easy way to visualize game play.
Has anybody seen one from a Stern Game?

#1781 1 year ago

I recently paid for SLE. Has anyone received theirs?

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Probably going to be a while since George said they have access to everything but a couple songs.

Hope they do smaller incremental updates to give perception of keeping things progressing rather than waiting months for a large update.

#1783 1 year ago

Problem with the license people is, for the most part, they're not creatives, so the back and fourth can be frustrating when they just don't get it. Not a fun process that's for sure.

#1784 1 year ago

Anyone else get constant STDM from balls that don't make it up the right orbit. On mine that orbit guide is pointed right down the middle, doesn't seem much room for adjustment either. :-/

#1785 1 year ago

In the current state of the code does it match the rules card on the apron? That should give an idea at least where Lonnie is going....

Quoted from Psw757:

Probably going to be a while since George said they have access to everything but a couple songs.
Hope they do smaller incremental updates to give perception of keeping things progressing rather than waiting months for a large update.

#1786 1 year ago

I've only had my Bond Prem running for a few days but I think it's a fun shooter. There are definitely some tricky shots but I think once multiball / mode stacking is up and running, it should be quite fun. I had a 908m game last night and was able to play all but one of the SPECTRE weapon modes and other stuff, most were pretty straightforward although I expect they'll get tweaked as time goes on. I didn't find the ball going into the underwater scoop overly often but when you need that shot, there seem to be some tricks you can use to help, using the position of the upper flipper.

The two annoying things I noticed last night were 1) bricked drop target shots (about 30% of the time) and 2) shots from the lower flippers that basically smack into the inside of the Henchman ramp. Not sure there's anything to do about #2 other than "don't shoot there, dummy" but I recall seeing some posts earlier in the thread about stretching springs for the drop targets so that's something I'll have to fiddle with a bit.

I have mine set right around 6.9-7.0 (depending on where I measure on the playfield) degrees and level side to side. It plays/feels MUCH faster than my Godzilla Prem, my wife quickly noted the same. That upper flipper loop is SPEEDY!

Jetpack Multiball is interesting. Bond picks up the ball no problem, then flies over the dragon tank and flies forward and back. I kept smacking the action button expecting to have to control when he drops the ball but realized that the center lane shot causes him to drop it and that starts the multiball. I need to go read the Tilt Forums rulesheet wiki a few more times as apparently I missed that.

Hearing the Bond theme over and over is kind of boring and repetitive but the soft music during some of the modes is a little eerie and I expect with upgraded audio that will only get better. There's a nice tension when the ominous but soft music comes on, putting a little pressure on the player to complete a mode or weapon. Fun.

I like it, and can see the promise. Probably the "new machine" factor, but I think my wife likes it as much or more than Godzilla. I think it'll fit right in as the code comes along.

Shaker, Pinwoofer kit and the swap of my Type 13 speaker light kit from GZ go in today since I'm off work for the day.

#1787 1 year ago

Just listed my Wizard Mods magnetic panels for a Bond Premium. Ended up going a different route. Opportunity to save a few bucks and a couple weeks in shipping. $120 shipped.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Just received my Premium and this shipment from Wizard Mods. Decided to go a different route, moving my IC reader to the coin door and buying lighted speakers. Magnetic panels ...”
2023-01-16
Chatham, NJ
120 (Firm)
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 214 times

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone else get constant STDM from balls that don't make it up the right orbit. On mine that orbit guide is pointed right down the middle, doesn't seem much room for adjustment either. :-/

Yep...it's almost always a death sentence. The game could really do with a gate to direct the ball back into the shooter lane rather than dribbling back down the middle.

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think that's intended. All other half ramps and half shots seem to be very forgiving with the exception of that one. You can save it with a big move usually if you bang the side of the cabinet on the way down a few times.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

My right orbit shots that dribble back down go to my right flipper. I'm at 6.5 degrees - I'm guessing the steeper one goes, the more likely it would move toward STDM.....?

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I've only had my Bond Prem running for a few days but I think it's a fun shooter. There are definitely some tricky shots but I think once multiball / mode stacking is up and running, it should be quite fun. I had a 908m game last night and was able to play all but one of the SPECTRE weapon modes and other stuff, most were pretty straightforward although I expect they'll get tweaked as time goes on. I didn't find the ball going into the underwater scoop overly often but when you need that shot, there seem to be some tricks you can use to help, using the position of the upper flipper.
The two annoying things I noticed last night were 1) bricked drop target shots (about 30% of the time) and 2) shots from the lower flippers that basically smack into the inside of the Henchman ramp. Not sure there's anything to do about #2 other than "don't shoot there, dummy" but I recall seeing some posts earlier in the thread about stretching springs for the drop targets so that's something I'll have to fiddle with a bit.
I have mine set right around 6.9-7.0 (depending on where I measure on the playfield) degrees and level side to side. It plays/feels MUCH faster than my Godzilla Prem, my wife quickly noted the same. That upper flipper loop is SPEEDY!
Jetpack Multiball is interesting. Bond picks up the ball no problem, then flies over the dragon tank and flies forward and back. I kept smacking the action button expecting to have to control when he drops the ball but realized that the center lane shot causes him to drop it and that starts the multiball. I need to go read the Tilt Forums rulesheet wiki a few more times as apparently I missed that.
Hearing the Bond theme over and over is kind of boring and repetitive but the soft music during some of the modes is a little eerie and I expect with upgraded audio that will only get better. There's a nice tension when the ominous but soft music comes on, putting a little pressure on the player to complete a mode or weapon. Fun.
I like it, and can see the promise. Probably the "new machine" factor, but I think my wife likes it as much or more than Godzilla. I think it'll fit right in as the code comes along.
Shaker, Pinwoofer kit and the swap of my Type 13 speaker light kit from GZ go in today since I'm off work for the day.

I put pinwoofers in and it's amazing!! The sound effects in combination with the shaker makes it feel like a video game. This could be a great game, once coded.

#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put pinwoofers in and it's amazing!! The sound effects in combination with the shaker makes it feel like a video game. This could be a great game, once coded.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing it with the new stuff later this afternoon. C'mon UPS! I played my GZ a bit and put both Pinwoofer + Shaker in at the same time on that machine and the first game was like "HOLY SH*T!!!!" Such a (literal) game changing combo.

#1793 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does the pinwoofer kit work with the speaker light kit together or does that get too deep in the backbox?

#1794 1 year ago

I have ordered a Bond pro and will receive the machine in about 2 weeks. I love Bond as a theme, but videos I've seen of the gameplay make me very unsure. Should I stick with the order, or should I change the order to a Rush pro (which is possible to do)? I've played Rush and like the game, even though the music isn't quite my taste. Any thoughts / advice?

#1795 1 year ago

Bond pro is a great shooter, not sure what gameplay you are referencing, as feedback has all been pretty positive.

As noted above ad infinitum, the code is early and needs a lot of work.

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Does the pinwoofer kit work with the speaker light kit together or does that get too deep in the backbox?

No issue at all, I have Doug's lights in all our games and all have pwoofs too

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from tipontop:

I have ordered a Bond pro and will receive the machine in about 2 weeks. I love Bond as a theme, but videos I've seen of the gameplay make me very unsure. Should I stick with the order, or should I change the order to a Rush pro (which is possible to do)? I've played Rush and like the game, even though the music isn't quite my taste. Any thoughts / advice?

I have played both, Rush is a great machine and a lot of fun and the code is pretty far along or even finished. You pretty much get what you see.

For Bond, the code is at the most halfway done, and you are buying it with the hope that the code will get done to a satisfactory level.
The Bond playfield / shots are unique and pretty great IMO but that is something you will have to decide for yourself. If you like the shots and think it is a great playfield it stays in the race, if you don't think the playfield is fun and you don't enjoy the shots / flow, it is rare that code is going to save that for you (Walking Dead is such an exceptional example where code redeemed the playfield).

In regards to code, pretty much the expectation for matured code is somewhere between 6 to 12 months out right now, keep that in mind! Similar to Stranger Things.
There is always the chance that the code will be more or less abandoned if they don't see the value of putting more time in, that being said, it is the same team that came through on Stranger Things and I was lucky to have an in-person conversation with Mike V. (rule designer) recently and if they even put half of what he says he wants to do with the game eventually in, it will be great. But you will have to decide if you want to take the risk and wait right now.

You always have the option to get a Rush right now and then swap it for a JB later once you see how the code develops. Even though the market is softening it will be likely for both titles more or less evenly, so if you buy a used JB later you shouldn't lose too much money if any.

Personally, I like JB and I'm excited to be along for the ride of how it is evolving, I was usually in the other camp complaining about unfinished code, but I do love the layout and the theme is a keeper for me.

Just some food for thought.

Edit addendum:
From everything that I've heard so far, it is the licensor who is dragging their feet. Not surprising considering that MGM just got sold to Amazon and some people are trying to prove the value to the company. Unfortunately for us, it seems like they are doing that by torpedoing a product that they don't understand and have no experience with. If Disney, one of the most strict companies in regards to licensing, gives Stern a long leash and trusts their vision and implementation to honor the license, I would presume the licensor here could do the same as well. Hopefully, they won't throw too many more sticks into the spokes and let the good people of Stern go to work. Everyone seems to be very passionate about the license that is involved at Stern and I have no doubt that they are doing what they can to make this the best it can be.

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from tipontop:

RUSH PRO all the way

I regret 007, stern dropped the ball hard

Last NIB ever

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I have played both, Rush is a great machine and a lot of fun and the code is pretty far along or even finished. You pretty much get what you see.
For Bond, the code is at the most halfway done, and you are buying it with the hope that the code will get done to a satisfactory level.
The Bond playfield / shots are unique and pretty great IMO but that is something you will have to decide for yourself. If you like the shots and think it is a great playfield it stays in the race, if you don't think the playfield is fun and you don't enjoy the shots / flow, it is rare that code is going to save that for you (Walking Dead is such an exeptional example where code redeemed the playfield).
In regards to code, pretty much the expectation for matured code is somewhere between 6 to 12 months out right now, keep that in mind! Similar to Stranger Things.
There is always the chance that the code will be more or less abandoned if they don't see the value of putting more time in, that being said, it is the same team that came through on Stranger Things and I was lucky to have an in person conversation with Mike V. (rule designer) recently and if they even put half of what he says he wants to do with the game eventually in, it will be great. But you will have to decide if you want to take the risk and wait right now.
You always have the option to get a Rush right now and then swap it for a JB later once you see how the code develops. Even though the market is softening it will be likely for both titles more or less evenly, so if you buy a used JB later you shouldn't lose too much money if any.
Personally, I like JB and I'm excited to be along for the ride of how it is evolve, I was usually in the other camp complaining about unfinished code, but I do love the layout and the theme is a keeper for me.
Just some food for thought.

I agree. Personally, I love playing an evolving code, kinda boring buying one thats finished already. Gz and rush have a great ride so far

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from tipontop:

If You want instant satisfaction get Rush Premium or Le and when code is mature grab a Bond.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,000 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.