IMG_3486 (resized).png
IMG_4714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).jpeg
Boom.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 312.
#1801 1 year ago

Found these… only on Facebook from France.

99B55649-46EE-46B8-B6B7-ADEB9404550D (resized).png99B55649-46EE-46B8-B6B7-ADEB9404550D (resized).png
#1802 1 year ago

Bond has the more interesting layout by a long shot. Rush has great code now, and is a fun game. I have to say though, while it's tough to justify the cost dif I think Rush premium is a hell of a lot more fun than the pro. The upkicker instead of the dead end improves the flow and the time machine ramp going up and down makes that shot a lot riskier when down. Bond may be the other way - I prefer not having a physical lock on it.

#1803 1 year ago

I had some deluxe type 12 lights from doug, they look good in person behind the wiz mod panels

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I had some deluxe type 12 lights from doug, they look good in person behind the wiz mod panels

Looking good!
I hope Doug makes some acrylic speaker grill bling, since I got the Type 13 kit and I bet that would look also awesome with those semi translucent shapes centered in the ring!

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone else get constant STDM from balls that don't make it up the right orbit. On mine that orbit guide is pointed right down the middle, doesn't seem much room for adjustment either. :-/

Check your left to right level on the playfield with a physical level. Mine is *just* saveable on a rollback. Steeper pitch might also alter the trajectory, so something else to investigate if you're playing steep like 6.8-7 degrees.

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Found these… only on Facebook from France.
[quoted image]

Not usually a fan of 3rd party art blades but those actually look great. Shame Pinstein isnt doing any art blades to go with his amazing translite.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not usually a fan of 3rd party art blades but those actually look great. Shame Pinstein isnt doing any art blades to go with his amazing translite.

I would be interested in that as well
Pinstein you got likely another customer if you decide to make them.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I would be interested in that as well
Pinstein you got likely another customer if you decide to make them.

Pinstein i will buy art blades that are well integrated if you make them as well!

#1810 1 year ago

Played Bond for first time today. Fun, great layout, awesome callouts and sound.

Bond >> JP >> Godzilla

Anyone want to trade a Bond for a JP?

#1811 1 year ago

I *think* I see the shaker mounting holes on my Bond Prem. I'm trying to think through how to clean these out without splintering the wood or stripping the TNuts. I guess I'll pull the TNuts out and re-drill.

1D4DF28E-F905-4FCE-B31F-7FC7E29A5165 (resized).jpeg1D4DF28E-F905-4FCE-B31F-7FC7E29A5165 (resized).jpeg

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I *think* I see the shaker mounting holes on my Bond Prem. I'm trying to think through how to clean these out without splintering the wood or stripping the TNuts. I guess I'll pull the TNuts out and re-drill.
[quoted image]

They're definitely visible on yours. I'd just pop them out from underneath with a thin screwdriver because even if it splinters a bit, it's all under the shaker bracket. But if you're concerned about that, score the circles a little more with an x-acto knife, then pop them out with a thin screwdriver from below.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not seen that before, wonder if they used shallower depth T Nuts??
Could possibly use a hollow center punch as you can pretty much see the edges of the T Nuts. Pulling them out can potentially splinter the wood from underneath too.

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

Use a knife and cut the thin layer out. Super easy or push the screw through as that wood looks way thin.

#1815 1 year ago

Not sure who here other than Hayfarmer has a Pinwoofer setup in their Bond? Just so it's shared here in the thread, what amp settings are y'all running? I'm going to start with everything at 12:00 Noon and go from there?

PinWoofer you have a Blog post coming for Bond, or a recommendation?

#1816 1 year ago

Good advice - I'll use an exacto knife and cut around the holes. Luckily I can barely see the tops. Very weird tho!

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Very weird tho!

Agree, that's why i reckon they've used a shallower depth T Nut as there is a few different lengths for each thread size. The wood of the cabinet shouldn't be any thicker than previous machines.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

Played Bond for first time today. Fun, great layout, awesome callouts and sound.
Bond >> JP >> Godzilla
Anyone want to trade a Bond for a JP?

Isnt the sound just the 007 theme song on repeat?

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

that's why i reckon they've used a shallower depth T Nut as

That or is saves them 2 cents per game.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Isnt the sound just the 007 theme song on repeat?

It’s quite the contrary, but the other music is subtle and only shines in the home environment - very moody and nostalgic (if you are a bond fan).

If you play in a noisy bar it’s going to seem like it’s just the main song or nothing at all.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It’s quite the contrary, but the other music is subtle and only shines in the home environment - very moody and nostalgic (if you are a bond fan).
If you play in a noisy bar it’s going to seem like it’s just the main song or nothing at all.

Agree and more to come!

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Not sure who here other than Hayfarmer has a Pinwoofer setup in their Bond? Just so it's shared here in the thread, what amp settings are y'all running? I'm going to start with everything at 12:00 Noon and go from there?
PinWoofer you have a Blog post coming for Bond, or a recommendation?

Here's the initial tweak I came up with for Pinwoofer on Bond:

Bass Freq: 1:00
Bass Vol: 2:00
BBox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 12:00
Volume: 2:00

I also left Speech Attenuation at 0 and set Music Attenuation to -20 in the service menu. This makes the callouts much clearer and less lost in the music and sounds of the game. Will have to experiment with this a bit more. All personal preference but wanted to get something out there.

What do you have yours at Hayfarmer

FYI PinWoofer

#1823 1 year ago

Anyone had ball hang ups around the right side of the rocket? My rocket doesn’t look perfectly centered in the circle and the ball sometimes gets caught in between the rubber rings and right side metal frame looking thing if the rocket is perfectly stationary. It’s a brand new Premium. Thanks in advance!

900E9E2E-E790-41F0-B91F-C2ED58FAD421 (resized).jpeg900E9E2E-E790-41F0-B91F-C2ED58FAD421 (resized).jpeg94209C07-82AD-4AF2-8BA0-CDACA498B5E1 (resized).jpeg94209C07-82AD-4AF2-8BA0-CDACA498B5E1 (resized).jpegD10D9A54-57DD-4B43-81B5-81B1D7900778 (resized).jpegD10D9A54-57DD-4B43-81B5-81B1D7900778 (resized).jpeg

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I also left Speech Attenuation at 0 and set Music Attenuation to -20 in the service menu. This makes the callouts much clearer and less lost in the music and sounds of the game. Will have to experiment with this a bit more. All personal preference but wanted to get something out there.
FYI PinWoofer

Well done Desmodromic ! We've sold a surprising number of 007 but I've not added it to the blog. Guys are telling me the callouts are epic, and of course wanting more music but what's there seems to have been well mastered.

I posted yours as the initial / recommended settings but I think most guys will crave more bass. Did you try the bass at a higher level (3-6 o'clock)?

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-james-bond-007-amplifier-settings/

I'd love a screenshot like the below image for the blog if you get a moment, no worries if not.

OK, good times!

Thanks,

Dan

https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

Stern - Spike-2 - Led Zeppelin - Amplifier Settings (resized).jpgStern - Spike-2 - Led Zeppelin - Amplifier Settings (resized).jpg
#1825 1 year ago

Got my 007 pro last weekend
Came with a turtles goodiebag

F6C3D561-043A-4B8F-88D5-5B781C27268D (resized).jpegF6C3D561-043A-4B8F-88D5-5B781C27268D (resized).jpeg
#1826 1 year ago

Thank you very much to everyone who has given me advice in relation to my question whether I should receive Bond pro in about 2 weeks, or if I should change the order to a Rush pro. I have decided to keep Bond, and I really hope the code ends up being great (code is everything!). I can always trade it for a Rush pro (or another game) later if I don´t like it. Looking forward to receiving Bond, and I hope that the code takes some big steps forward in the next couple of months. One thing that worries me, is hearing the Bond theme over and over, it seems a bit boring and repetitive. Hope they change this so that the music is more varied.

#1827 1 year ago

Bond LE perfect operation right out of the box so far(110 plays). The haters will keep hating, and yes the price is stupid, but polished code will make this a top 25 desired pin in the end.

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Got my 007 pro last weekend
Came with a turtles goodiebag
[quoted image]

Maybe you can try telling them you got the goodie bag without the machine and see what happens.

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from tipontop:

Thank you very much to everyone who has given me advice in relation to my question whether I should receive Bond pro in about 2 weeks, or if I should change the order to a Rush pro. I have decided to keep Bond, and I really hope the code ends up being great (code is everything!). I can always trade it for a Rush pro (or another game) later if I don´t like it. Looking forward to receiving Bond, and I hope that the code takes some big steps forward in the next couple of months. One thing that worries me, is hearing the Bond theme over and over, it seems a bit boring and repetitive. Hope they change this so that the music is more varied.

The music is not nearly as repetitive as folks make it out to be. Will get better, but doesn't bother me at all. I like the mellow tunes with many of the modes.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from deceptibum:

Anyone had ball hang ups around the right side of the rocket? My rocket doesn’t look perfectly centered in the circle and the ball sometimes gets caught in between the rubber rings and right side metal frame looking thing if the rocket is perfectly stationary. It’s a brand new Premium. Thanks in advance!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is getting stuck in front

0B747646-712D-4DA3-BADC-92674C2F8D13 (resized).jpeg0B747646-712D-4DA3-BADC-92674C2F8D13 (resized).jpeg28E87B63-0370-4348-A82A-227FFEE02403 (resized).jpeg28E87B63-0370-4348-A82A-227FFEE02403 (resized).jpeg
#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

The music is not nearly as repetitive as folks make it out to be. Will get better, but doesn't bother me at all. I like the mellow tunes with many of the modes.

I found it distracting on location. You switch to a nearby game and the Bond theme (that you just got well accustomed to) starts anew and keeps blaring for a bit.

#1832 1 year ago

My biggest complaint and very minor is the match sequence and associated sounds and music.

#1833 1 year ago

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My biggest complaint and very minor is the match sequence and associated sounds and music.

My complaint is no sound effects from the slings and when you hit the first 2 drop targets. Annoying as hell

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

FYI PinWoofer

Bass freq-6:00
Bas vol- 6:00
Back box -2:00
Treble- 6:00
Volume-2:00
Game volume-19
Speech -5
Music -5

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My complaint is no sound effects from the slings and when you hit the first 2 drop targets. Annoying as hell

The slings I definitely noticed the targets not as much but now that you pointed it out I probably will.

Slings with silenced PPK sounds from Dr No would be cool

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Well done Desmodromic ! We've sold a surprising number of 007 but I've not added it to the blog. Guys are telling me the callouts are epic, and of course wanting more music but what's there seems to have been well mastered.
I posted yours as the initial / recommended settings but I think most guys will crave more bass. Did you try the bass at a higher level (3-6 o'clock)?
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-james-bond-007-amplifier-settings/
I'd love a screenshot like the below image for the blog if you get a moment, no worries if not.
OK, good times!
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Hi Dan,

which set would you recommend for the LE?

Thx

#1838 1 year ago

I'm hoping for a code update this week. It's been almost a month. Average for Stranger Things (same code/rules team) was 23 days between updates. The unknown is the delay for license holder approval. Ugh.

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm hoping for a code update this week. It's been almost a month. Average for Stranger Things (same code/rules team) was 23 days between updates. The unknown is the delay for license holder approval. Ugh.

A month with a lot of vacation time in it. I'm sure it's coming soon.

I wish they would add several main themes like Godzilla has and just randomly pick between them from game to game. I'm sure Cleland will step in and make it right if Stern can't do it!

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Hi Dan,
which set would you recommend for the LE?
Thx

Hey Svente69 !

Below is the kit for 007:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Please select the trim package (pro/prem/le) when you add the kit to your cart.

Thanks,

Dan
[email protected]

KO+ (resized).pngKO+ (resized).pngPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).JPGPinWoofer PW-SPIKE-SPK KOP super kit (resized).JPG
#1841 1 year ago

Always loved the Avro Vulcan jet in Thunderball. Seems so futuristic even though it’s a 1950s design. Thinking about honoring its place in the film by placing one on the upper loop diverter. This model’s camo pattern is nearly identical to the film jet.

60E3CA82-EF65-4419-B929-2C1E131E87DA (resized).jpeg60E3CA82-EF65-4419-B929-2C1E131E87DA (resized).jpeg7B1A7625-DB17-4824-BE19-FB7A49599198 (resized).jpeg7B1A7625-DB17-4824-BE19-FB7A49599198 (resized).jpeg
#1842 1 year ago

Anyone working on custom music / speech code for Bond?

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Mine is getting stuck in front[quoted image][quoted image]

Run your finger over the plastic ring around the hole for the rocket between the ring and the playfield transition. It looks like yours is getting stuck on the gap between the ring and the playfield. Try backing off the ring screws a bit so the ring comes up, or shimming the ring to make it level with the PF.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bass freq-6:00
Bas vol- 6:00
Back box -2:00
Treble- 6:00
Volume-2:00
Game volume-19
Speech -5
Music -5

Mark, I'll have to give these a try. If you take speech and music both down a touch, does that highlight the "sound effects" a little more?

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

OK, good times!
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Dan, you and Mark are right, more bass is more "fun" sounding. I'm a recovering basshead so I'm trying to exercise moderation. That said, I tried Bass Vol @ 4:00 and it's definitely more fun. LOL

Here are my updated settings and I'll have to play a bit more with the attenuation and experiment like Mark Hayfarmer did with dropping both. Hopefully this photo works. I have my amp mounted mid-machine, nested next to the sub.

Bass Freq: 2:00
Bass Vol: 4:00
Treble: 1:00
Speech Attenuation: 0
Music Attenuation: -20

IMG_1455 (resized).jpgIMG_1455 (resized).jpg

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Mark, I'll have to give these a try. If you take speech and music both down a touch, does that highlight the "sound effects" a little more?

Yes! The sound effects are amazing !!.

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Dan, you and Mark are right, more bass is more "fun" sounding. I'm a recovering basshead so I'm trying to exercise moderation. That said, I tried Bass Vol @ 4:00 and it's definitely more fun. LOL
Here are my updated settings and I'll have to play a bit more with the attenuation and experiment like Mark Hayfarmer did with dropping both. Hopefully this photo works. I have my amp mounted mid-machine, nested next to the sub.
[quoted image]

Pinwoofer makes a great sounding product - but I still use an external sub even with the games I have pinwoofer in. You'd be surprised how many games have sounds under 50hz.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Pinwoofer makes a great sounding product - but I still use an external sub even with the games I have pinwoofer in. You'd be surprised how many games have sounds under 50hz.

Same, I’ve got a couple small mixers feeding several machines to 1 sub.

#1849 1 year ago

Awesome - thanks guys! Blog updated - keep in mind that we're targeting a baseline for recommended / starting settings so it deviates from some of the advice above.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes! The sound effects are amazing !!.

Quoted from Damonator:

Quoted from mstang01:

Same, I’ve got a couple small mixers feeding several machines to 1 sub.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Awesome - thanks guys! Blog updated - keep in mind that we're targeting a baseline for recommended / starting settings so it deviates from some of the advice above.

I'm sure it varies from cab to cab, but it would be helpful to know what the frequency roll off is of the ponwoofer sub. That way we can set our external sub cutoff frequencies properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 55.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 14.95
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.