IMG_3184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2165 (resized).jpeg
20FB72F1-8B81-46FF-8859-09FD68BE1593 (resized).jpeg
A7FBB9E0-2D84-42EB-95F3-248219C891EE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #115 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Missing rubber on Stern's replacement rubber chart. Posted by ShortCorky (1 year ago)

Post #1280 TECH: OS. Validation Error message solution Posted by Sheev_Palpatine (1 year ago)

Post #2050 MOD: CABINET. Alternate Translite Posted by Its_me_aj (1 year ago)

Post #2192 TECH:POWER. Phantom overcurrent error possible solution Posted by KSP1138 (1 year ago)

Post #2518 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Naked metal edging fix Posted by Ollulanus (1 year ago)

Post #3492 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Targets bricking fix Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #3729 TECH:LIGHTING Correct Bird One Tower lighting on Pros Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

370 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.
#6 1 year ago

Waiting for a first batch premium, hoping this month!

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:Hands down the worse trophy and banner yet. The launch trophy looks the same but all three models on a black background
[quoted image]

Wtf?

It would be better all black and 007 or how about Bond…James Bond.

These guys are killing me with the lack of creativity.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Tilt Amusements got some in.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait to see pics!

Let’s shipping means premiums right behind, maybe end of month is still possible as I was told.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That is a very lazy banner. I was hoping for the same same side art thats on left side of Prem or LE games filling up the banner.
Even just a full image image of the head side art of bond standing from any of the 3 games would have looked way better.
I'm assuming they didn't want (or have time) to get approval on using the same art as cabinets but redoing the layout to fit the banner aspect ratio. The pics they have of the full game were already approved so they just slapped it on the banner and called it a day.

Supply chain issue like everything else…lol

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:WTF IS THAT.
That looks absolutely terrible.

So bad it’s got to be a joke right?

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I can’t wait for the owners of the location…”so you need us to hang a picture of the pinball machine over the same pinball machine?”
lol

Ha..ridiculous. Really is.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looking forward to seeing the first pics of an unboxed LE. I'm curious if they still have the extra artwork above and below the divers window.

There was a video this week of a premium at Little shop of games and looks to have different art below the window and nothing but a black pad above. Can’t quite make out what the art is but looks different from stern photos.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

This is without a doubt the longest I've waited for an LE after a launch/announcement. Kind of killing my hype on it, but still excited.
I heard rumors first batches of LEs were shipping this week. Anyone confirm that?

Think some distributors got them on Friday. Someone posted photos.

#252 1 year ago

Looks great can’t wait to see it setup and some video!

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Gotta say the blade art - while it can be considered art the black and white sketches are dull and boring considering the rest of the colours / theme, the insert lights & GI's etc do cast colour on to them but I will consider aftermarket ones but not sure how to temporarily tack them on.
I mean c'mon - coulda had some some Mt Fuji depiction near the cock-rocket, maybe some Thunderball boat stuff by scuba-scoop and all type of neat colorful graphics...
Could the licensing been that restrictive?
I'm sure Tilt and the others will come up with some neat blades that will fit in perfectly!
[quoted image]

Someone needs to make some decals for that rubber scuba pad.

I may even remove the rubber pad

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Decals, with mylar over work? Wonder if it would get beat up?

Who cares if it shows some wear after 100’s of plays. I can replace the decal as often as I want. Spinner decals hold up pretty well.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you remove the pad the ball comes back out of there a lot more. It just needs a thinner energy-absorbing pad that runs the full length with a vinyl decal on top.

Agree and this could really be a plus not having the ball in the scoop too often.

Hope someone makes this decal, looked great in the stern release. Nice detail

#309 1 year ago

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Once mine comes in I'm gonna try a thin plastic card with boat artwork printed on it and see how that holds up when stuck to the existing pad.
If someone with a game already can measure the height and length needed. I'll get started on it.

Add me to the list if your making them!

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the t-molding, are there 2 different colours being delivered on the LE’s - one looks orange, another looks red. The marketing is orange. Just camera exposure?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a different color to me

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

No it’s orange but one guys looks red maybe it’s the pro t mold?

Just seems awfully red to be orange in poor lighting. It’s not even close.

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Waiting for Bond Prem…
[quoted image]

Yeah seriously..longest wait ever for a stern

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

He also mentioned the need for the foam pad on the side rail near the third flipper. He said the foam pad was added to help reduce amount of times the ball ends up in that side scoop.

I find this interesting as the ball ends up in the scoop constantly now. The pad dampens the impact which you would think prevent it from ricocheting back into middle of PF thus in the scoop more. Just seems odd that with nothing there and a hard impact to side the ball would go in more.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

When I played a Pro on location a few weeks ago the ball would fall into the scoop and sit there for a few seconds. If the mystery wasn't lit (or whatever it's called) it would eject after those few seconds. You would think they could instantly eject the ball if the mode wasn't lit. Seems odd that it sits there. Hopefully that can be addressed in code.
NGG has a scoop on the left side in a similar location. If the ball goes in and the sandtrap mode isn't lit it immediately kicks the ball out. That is the behavior I would expect and it would minimize concerns of the ball spending too much time in the left scoop.

If they can program an immediate eject it would definitely help. Kind of wish there was a gate to block scoop unless mode is it.

#612 1 year ago

Anyone check the goodie bag for the decal of Largo’s Disco Volante?

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It's not in there. Where does the 007 plastic go, or is that supposed to be a keychain?
[quoted image]

I think GG said on podcast the decal should have been in there. Oh well I guess, someone will have to make them.

Keychain is correct

1 week later
#955 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:Premium aren’t shipping yet

This is not correct, you will see first batch buyers getting them starting Monday/Tuesday.

#975 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would bet February at the soonest if the licensor is as difficult as GG says they are. I am worried that the licensor will be the one keeping us from having great code (no stacking as one example) and not Stern.

Im not a coding terminology expert but couldn’t they do a linear style like GB?

Some games do get a little choppy and nonsensical from a theme integration standpoint when too many modes going on and phasing in and out.

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

interesting ask, that was one of the biggest complaints about GB.

There were a lot of complaints with GB but I think it’s a great game and certainly a lot different from all the other recent games.

I like the linear ladder type mission to complete.

#1000 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Seeing premiums in the wild and my LE hasn’t even shipped yet.

Time to change distros!

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from serranot:Do these games have the ability to stream songs from an external source? Sad that Goldfinger won't be in the code, but we could get a little Dame Shirley Bassett jamming on the side.

Thunderball by Tom Jones was another that was untouchable. GG did say 10 tracks so I’m guessing lots of John Barry stuff.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thats a big miss

Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes I think you're right about that. Which is also a shame because those are the 2 best songs. No Thunderball either? Dang. I wonder if theres something that would stop them from doing covers or instrumentals of those songs?

Good news is what GG eluded to in his podcast about these not being in the game.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I went back to the Stern James Bond release video with Jack Danger and GG said Goldfinger and Thunderball were not licensed because they were too expensive. I misremembered Diamonds are Forever, so is there still a chance for that one albeit from the same artist?. Maybe not.
Guess 3 title songs and some original music mixed in is what we'll get. There was mention of 10 total music tracks.
I thought perhaps they were saving all the music for the SLE but it doesn't appear that's going have much if any music either. Oh well. Licensing is hard.

Did you hear the part where he said he’s sure we will figure a way to get them in? As long as there is a song there for that mode it can happen!

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:I misremembered Diamonds are Forever, so is there still a chance for that one albeit from the same artist?. Maybe not.

Now that you mention this I recall GG saying one of the Shirley Bassey songs was available to use and must be Diamonds as he specifically said Goldfinger was $$$$$.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Those 2 songs would have been so nice to have.Its like no Stairway in Zeppelin or worse.

Probably worse as they used 10 great Zepp songs and can’t really complain, always want more though.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/149100
I guess I’m not the only one who thinks the 60th is not a good deal.

We are what 3 days past launch and still readily available from distros.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Surprised this hasn’t been more widely announced. I don’t see any other distributors selling yet.

Ordered mine last night

#1125 1 year ago

Any word on armor or shooter for the Gomez Bond?

Since topper is same as SLE any chance armor and shooter follow?

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The flyer says the shooter rod is exclusive…does not use the same language on the topper and armor so I’d expect the armor but not the rod.

I’d be happy with that armor, goes well with the topper.

Shooter of all things is exclusive.

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Doesnt someone already stock Union Jack shooter Rods ? A similar one ?

I thought someone did a Union Jack already, maybe tilt?

#1145 1 year ago

How is shaker coded in 007 so far? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention it.

#1148 1 year ago

ok yeah I suppose that helped. The box was sitting in there crooked when I opened the coin door. also I was scratching my head when I saw the lock pin underneath the machine after I had put the front legs on and lowered it. It's probably all good. I am on the fence to call them and let them know what happened. Well I guess if I turn it on and there is an issue I will have to.

I think your fine but note to self, don’t have them do simple mods for you.

#1169 1 year ago

Any recent unboxings premium or LE check their goodie bag for Disco Volante decal?

Gomez mentioned again on recent podcast it should be in there but early pros did not have.

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:The Pro/Premium really need a nicer translite. Anyone working on one for sale? What would you add to a revamped translite? Thanks.

Need to figure out who did the alternate translite for LZ. He did a heck of a job with those and look factory.

Maybe he would do something for Bond.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This might be a good start for a Pro translite.
[quoted image]

Isn’t that the premium translite?

#1625 1 year ago

Finally got my premium today. Unforunately the E in Spectre is out on back panel.

Anyone else experience this?

F398DBF9-FAE8-4EF2-B078-A620728D7CED (resized).jpegF398DBF9-FAE8-4EF2-B078-A620728D7CED (resized).jpeg
#1667 1 year ago

What size are the clear washer plastic protectors for slings?

Think I’m finally going to swap them all out.

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

#PlugGate2023
[quoted image]

They used this style on Rush as well.

#1671 1 year ago

Game sure is a lot of fun but damn shots are tight. Code has a long way to go, was in the Blofeld mode earlier and had no idea what to shoot, not shots were lit. Is this normal?

#1673 1 year ago

New PB version out and it says compatible with .80 007.anyone want to try?

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

What changes does it make? I've got an extra SD card so I'd be willing to try it

Should allow you to add desired music. My PB hasn’t worked since getting a Mac but we may need to do this to get a couple songs we are all hoping for.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think changing video footage will work ok. Not sure about sounds.
Connery was definitely a ladies man Have to squeeze that image on the translite somewhere.
[quoted image]

Rush worked for sounds didn’t it?

#1682 1 year ago

That’s what I was saying someone needs to open 007 and have a look to see if we can get the wanted songs.

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I put a new translite together for my pro. Pm if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered, that is friggin sick! Smokes the 60th

#1712 1 year ago

What is the normal resting position of the jet pack when it has not been qualified yet?

Is it to the far right where it picks up the ball or slightly left and then when qualified and shot made flies back to right to pickup ball?

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

It is slightly to the left, not over the rail. It only goes over the rail every now and then to zero home I think.

Ok I was just wondering if this behavior was normal or not. Thx!

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

First off you do amazing work! Any chance you could make another version with more action scenes? I was planning to design a translite but don't have your mad skills. Some of these images would be nice to have.
I may try to do a version that also includes some Roger Moore scenes as he was my favourite Bond (with Connery) and he made some of the better films IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some sort of action scenes would be cool but 2 of 3 three photos you posted are translites Stern used. Jet pack scene is LE and the other is from the Premium. You can call a distro and order the premium version.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey coders at Stern -- my 8-year-old who's currently obsessed with James Bond (pinball & movies) pointed out an error...
When you start Bird One multiball, it activates the blue Diamonds Are Forever insert. .... except, as my son pointed out, the Bird One plotline was in You Only Live Twice, not in DAF.

Email stern

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So how long do you current owners think it will take until Stern gets the code to where it needs to be? Has Stern hinted at what assets and how much (including needed additional music) will eventually be included?

Probably going to be a while since George said they have access to everything but a couple songs.

Hope they do smaller incremental updates to give perception of keeping things progressing rather than waiting months for a large update.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I would be interested in that as well
Pinstein you got likely another customer if you decide to make them.

Pinstein i will buy art blades that are well integrated if you make them as well!

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

It’s quite the contrary, but the other music is subtle and only shines in the home environment - very moody and nostalgic (if you are a bond fan).
If you play in a noisy bar it’s going to seem like it’s just the main song or nothing at all.

Agree and more to come!

#1832 1 year ago

My biggest complaint and very minor is the match sequence and associated sounds and music.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My complaint is no sound effects from the slings and when you hit the first 2 drop targets. Annoying as hell

The slings I definitely noticed the targets not as much but now that you pointed it out I probably will.

Slings with silenced PPK sounds from Dr No would be cool

#1854 1 year ago

Any word on Stern art blades or armor for pro/pre?

Guessing at the moment wizard mods blades are best option.

#1881 1 year ago

I know George Gomez stated a couple months ago they acquired the rights to 10 tracks. The game is only playing the 1 track? Just curious with other machines with the long drawn out code updates. Was this the way those machines progressed? Can you imagine Iron Maiden with one track months after the release? I haven’t turned my machine on for 9 days… kinda getting annoyed. I know it will be awesome but they are taking the wind out of my sails. Sorry now back to the riveting conversations about the stupid gate and the power cord ahahahahahahaa

There is the main track and many of the modes have some sort of music from the movies as well. I’m sure this accounts for most of the 10 and a few more to be added I’m sure.

Anyone take a look in PB yet? Sure hope we can get Thunderball and Goldfinger in there.

#1884 1 year ago

Think we see anything added for the Bond women or just scoring rules?

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I thought they stated all of them and then backed off to 4 of the 6.

4 of the 6 is what I heard. Goldfinger and Thunderball are the ones we know for sure aren’t in unless we can add with PB. Gomez did hint we can do that on a podcast.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

We need Cleland to step in and do his magic on pinball browser!!!
Which reminds me, I’ve got to him a donation for ST!!

The way the game is coded with the suspenseful instrumentals for the modes and theme song for main game play I’m not sure where Thunderball or Goldfinger would fit well.

Could they alternate with main theme song during main game play? I’m thinking a rotating selection during game over would be the place to utilize if possible.

Won’t know until someone takes a look in PB.

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Since the current code uses the main theme a lot, you could replace that with Goldfinger, but then you'd just hear that all the time. There's a 5 minute sound clip with the Bond theme at the beginning and the end, with some generic music in the middle, but it doesn't seem like that middle part is used anywhere yet.
And there's a ton of movie clips in the image that aren't used in the game yet.

Is that the only music files? One long 5 minute clip? If that’s the case it’s going to be hard to change anything.

I wouldn’t replace the main theme in favor of the others. Goldfinger or Thunderball would have to be added elsewhere in my opinion but don’t think they can be tied to a mode where the correct John Berry selection from movie is used.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Were you able to verify that via Pinball Browser? I wasn't sure it it still worked with the newer Stern games.

They launched a new version late last week and appears to work on all the new games. At least we can take a peek and see what we can work with.

#1914 1 year ago

Can anyone with the 1:36 little nellie mod give me a measurement on tip to tip length of rotor?

Trying to figure out where this can be mounted near bird one.

Didn’t order mine yet

#1915 1 year ago

That henchmen ramp edge does take a beating. Just looked at mine now and the edge does have west.

Anyone Mylar the underwater scene window? I can see this getting all scratched up over time.

Just inspected the balls at 104 games played and sure enough all chewed up likely from that ramp entrance.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

I temporarily jammed an extra bumper piece from the GNR center song lock I had, in between the black bumper and the ramp. Then bent the tip out a touch. It fits really snuggly and might seem to help a little bit. We will see.
[quoted image]

These ramp entries because of the shot geometry should have been flared or rounded on end like left ramp on Rush, GNR and many other games.

Don’t think a cliffy ramp protector like on Mando will work on 007 but it has the flared entry design.

#1919 1 year ago

How about this wear to entrance. Gouged stainless in a very short amount of time. 4 days.

If they don’t come up with a fix these balls are going to tear up the game.

46CCDC64-BBCE-4CB6-87A8-2CE48023AF97 (resized).jpeg46CCDC64-BBCE-4CB6-87A8-2CE48023AF97 (resized).jpeg
#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

Yeah. The temporary bumper helps a little bit for indirect hits, and cushioning, but if you hit it right it gets pushed inside the gap too much, and direct hits still hit the metal anyway. That area gets hit a lot on bad shots. Definitely need a fix from Stern.
I don’t know if there are any type of L shaped bumpers you could jam the long end in between and have the short end wrap around a bit.

I sent stern some photos. See what they say but looking at all my games, these edges are almost always protected by a post, a post with a rubber to deflect, entry flanked by stand ups that prevent the direct impact to edge or just have a curved or flare metal ramp entry.

This ramp if unchecked will start to tear shit up fast.

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Honestly, this is a pretty big design flaw to my mind. It's kinda pinball design 101 that you don't put unprotected metal edges out where they'll get hit, and that's basically the worst spot I can think of to do so. I'll bet a nickle if those of you with 100+ games look at your playfields, you're gonna see small scratches in the clear. I think I can buff some of these out, but some are not coming out, and that pisses me off on a 13k game.

Yeah I have scratches and my plastic window is scratched and the balls were actually very good when installed and now trashed. Sharp burrs all over.

This needs a redesign. I don’t have a single game where a ramp looks like that and they have far more games played on them.

That ramp is 4 days of wear.

Is there a reason it can’t look like these ramps?

1823D46E-FFFB-4C30-B38C-F86EAB4253E1 (resized).jpeg1823D46E-FFFB-4C30-B38C-F86EAB4253E1 (resized).jpeg7C1E5B2A-9E30-435D-B396-24F946BE046B (resized).jpeg7C1E5B2A-9E30-435D-B396-24F946BE046B (resized).jpeg
#1931 1 year ago

Went with multiple layers of gorilla tape. Did both sides of henchmen entry. Both sides took beating.
Replacing the balls since they are totally trashed

If you’re seeing this report it to stern. They are now aware, engineering should be able to fix this.

FEAE11A1-3DA4-4177-AD17-4122B0BCB400 (resized).jpegFEAE11A1-3DA4-4177-AD17-4122B0BCB400 (resized).jpeg

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That tape will smear and leave black residue all over. I'd keep an eye on that

I will remove, didn’t think about that. Used it since it doesn’t tear easily. Damn!

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Try a ramp post, im gonna focus totally on that shot this afternoon to see if it affects the shot. My pinballs were kinda beat up too

Rev2, even matches the t moulding. Lol

Unreal

7D2A9633-1213-47AF-A549-5A64D7F8E276 (resized).jpeg7D2A9633-1213-47AF-A549-5A64D7F8E276 (resized).jpeg
#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Thanks for the heads up there Hayfarmer... I already see exactly how I would go about designing a fix for this, but I need to get my hands on one to do some measurements. Checking around with local folks to see who's machine I can crack open. More to come...

If you’re going to make a slip on fix the loop between the two ramps may need something as well. It is taking some hard hits as you can see by the wear to left side. All other ramp entry areas seem ok.
0ABDD24E-4D4D-40CA-93FE-245F817457D2 (resized).jpeg0ABDD24E-4D4D-40CA-93FE-245F817457D2 (resized).jpeg

#1941 1 year ago

Scored a nice Little Nellie with scene correct Bond figure in it. Directors cut is the one to look for by Corgi. Same scale as the others.

CA30DC03-1DC7-463A-8863-02A964F83427 (resized).pngCA30DC03-1DC7-463A-8863-02A964F83427 (resized).pngFB90FA5A-ABD8-4C79-ADFE-C255CAD1E0DF (resized).pngFB90FA5A-ABD8-4C79-ADFE-C255CAD1E0DF (resized).png
#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nice, what is the length front to back, not including the blades?

The spec on box says 110mm or 4.3 inches. Not sure if that is tip to tip of blade or body of gyrocopter.

I will measure when I receive it.

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewback9:

Check the mod thread. We've been discussing the various Little Nellies that are out there. But to answer your question, the "Directors Cut" and the most recently released 1:36 model are identical from what I can tell. I have the Directors Cut and I think the blade span is 8"-8.5". Whatever it is, it's huge. I put mine above the spinner and tucked it in as tight as I could without interfering with the rocket or touching the sideblades and it hangs pretty far out in front of the drop targets. I came across a smaller 1:72 scale one that actually has some nice detail and is technically more accurate than the Corgi, but still no figure in the cockpit.

I went with the directors cut version. Worst case I can take a little off the blade. I think it looks odd not having Bond in the cockpit. Rather the rotor be slightly out of scale if needed.

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

I’ve always been under the impression that with new machines there is always a break-in period depending on scoop / ramp placement and design as some exposed metal edges get pounded smoother by balls. Remember this is a small area on an upright edge or the like where the ball connects.
Over the years I’ve carefully watched the balls in new machines and found that they get “chopped” and replaced more when the game is new and less over time - and witnessed those sharp edges getting smoothed where the ball connects.
My super-technical way of judging balls originally started by looking at them w a small magnifying glass but then I simply started running my finger nail at a 90-degree angle while spinning the ball. Any perceived nick to be felt and the ball is replaced.
Just my .02 but it may be easier to let the balls smooth some surfaces over time than worry about replacing cushioning?

It’s a design flaw to the ramp plain and simple. Needs to look like this recent stern with a cross PF shot to ramp.

Spoke directly with Stern yesterday. They agreed doesn’t look normal and going to engineering.

You all need to report it instead of bandaid fixes to your $10k game.

EFE0990A-1F1B-4DB7-AE24-E03E0CBC32B1 (resized).jpegEFE0990A-1F1B-4DB7-AE24-E03E0CBC32B1 (resized).jpeg
#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Nice let us know how they will fix it. I dont dont think they will send us a New metal ramp...?
I'll get my bond pro in 10days so i'm a littlz bit worried about...

Not sure, didn’t talk to them until late in day yesterday.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

That henchmen ramp however is another story
For now I just used an under furniture sticker pad and it seems to do the job
The problem is not just when firing with the upper flipper but you can also hit that spot from the lower left flipper and really grind yours balls. So you have to protect and cover that metal spot angle.

Yeah, it isnt really a difficult thing to correct in my opinion. If the mouth of those ramps were just flared open a couple of degrees or rounded off on end like a bullnose finish which many other ramps have problem solved.

I went and looked at every machine I have and this is the only ramp where it is so blunt of an impact. Every other game I own either rounded/tapered end, flanked by stand ups protecting, a post with sleeve, a post with a round rubber to deflect. Lots of options when designing.

Unfortunately since the games have been produced only fixes will be a slightly tweaked ramp with flared or rounded edge or a slip on fox but not sure how it will look or impact the shot. It’s already a tough shot.

#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

I am surprised Stern would insinuate anything relating to a design flaw, if you take a look at the games in your collection I believe you will see exposed metal edges everywhere that as far as I'm aware have never been considered design flaws (exposed plastic ramps different story). Agreed that tolerances / distances between rubbers and edges may be tighter on some games.
Not trying to deflate any perceived issue, I just don't see one so help me... outside of a few exposed edges for ball-strike is there something else that may be at risk?
Here are just a quick few I see in my collection from '91-current including my GZ (the scoops may look deceiving but the exposed edges are recessed in the shadow of the scoops) that I've never seen anyone try to protect / pad as an issue - also notice the small easing of the edges if you can from ball-strikes):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

We are talking 4 days old and the shot in question the metal edge is probably about 6-8” from the flipper.

Metal edge and entire side of ramp shouldn’t be trashed to shit in 4 days. In addition because the balls are all jacked up now my plastic plexi window is all dinged up.

If the game was 10 years old and this happened over time I get it but 4 days?

I’ll retract my design flaw comment however such a close blunt shot and the angle of impact from the different geometry is a factor that maybe wasn’t thought about. It’s an extremely fast difficult shot with a high brick rate. Doesn’t help.

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I know this is a bond thread but I need help and there is a lot of people in here and no Williams Indiana Jones thread…
Anyone have pics of how the super ball button is wired? Mine keeps blowing the 3a fuse. I tired it same as old one but I guess it’s wrong.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

The complaints started 1 day ago in this thread, I think 3 people have posted thinking it's an issue, but hey - it's pinside.
I posted a pic of our LE before XMas and the trim looked red - and people jumped pretty fast thinking multiple colours until I said nope - just the camera. I think I helped avoid "T-Mold-gate"?
Just maybe I can help avoid escalation again - back to my original response: hard edges get eased, balls stop getting "chopped". The most concern should be that the pf doesn't get scratched so change the balls more at the start as necessary and let those edges wear resulting in less ball changes over time.
Or as some have done, put something on there that may need more monitoring over the long-run in terms of replacing....?
Here is another edge inside a scoop that the ball hits dead-on and no one ever started "scoop-gate" when MB was re-done by CGC, and yes I did quite a few ball changes at the start and can't remember the last I did now and the balls are still looking / feeling good:
[quoted image]
Expecting rolled edges on ramps would be nice but this picture is of rolled-edge plastic ramp protectors - one that's there to stop the ramp from cracking like they did before the mfrs put them on - so not really a pic worth relating to IMO...:
[quoted image]
Back to it, design flaw? Not if history serves, & as such not sure if we need to "all complain to Stern".
Would it be nice to have rolled ramp edges? Sure, we could ask nicely.
Can someone now start making money on some padding? Sure, we could also start putting mylar on all metal guides to stop ball trails when new too.
Now if the issue is really that you want that ramp widened to hit that shot better that's a different story, recommend anyone thinking that shot is too hard look at something like TAF to have thing-flips in your corner...
All joking aside, it would be nice to have rolled or perfectly protected ramp edges but I don't think it's a design flaw per se.

Let’s see how this plays out. I’ve now had multiple conversations with stern and many photos requested and sent including photos of the balls absolutely trashed after 4 days.

It has their attention and have been very responsive.

Only going to get worse if PF’s start getting chewed up by torn up balls or metal flakes from the edge easing up as you say.

#2004 1 year ago

Was thinking about the Wizard mode. Her Majesty’s secret service.

Gomez on one of the first podcast he did indicated a surprise.

Could it be based on that movie? I did fall in between you only live twice and diamonds are forever. Blofeld was villain.

This would be pretty cool

#2009 1 year ago

I only use Ninja balls as well on all games and the only game I had an issue on was JJP POTC after about 500 or so games played. Chest wouldn’t release the balls because they would stick together.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:Translite arrived and it looks incredibly good, even better than on the pictures. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it - this is a must mod for everyone with Pro or Premium before you do anything else.
[quoted image]
Sorry for the reflection in the image

Wow..stoked to get mine!

Can we get this nominated for mod of the year? Friggin awesome @pinstein!

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

FWIW: The auto plunger has two hard edges that are likely to get more action than the edges you padded off. Something to consider.

Nowhere near the same level of force. It’s been talked about over the years.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Here's a before/after with the standard thin stern post sleeve and a normal thick sleeve on the pop/bond girl divider. Should take care of the edge impact there, and shoota a little smoother to boot.
Also put that edging from Amazon on the henchman ramp - works great, doesn't affect the shot at all that I can tell. I've got it dialed in pretty good and still hit it fairly consistently. Great find there.

Do you have a link to that trim on Amazon and How many pieces do you get with order?

#2210 1 year ago

Until there is a dragon tank mod for pre/le I think the 2smd red flasher gives better effect.

D13EDBF5-C811-4E08-A553-15C5A37C50B7 (resized).jpegD13EDBF5-C811-4E08-A553-15C5A37C50B7 (resized).jpeg
#2214 1 year ago

I hope next update has more of Q’s gadgets and really hope we get integration of Bond women when scoring mode started. Movie clip or some dialogue.

What else do owners want to see?

#2254 1 year ago

So no additional music?

#2266 1 year ago

Need more Connery dialogue

#2306 1 year ago

So I haven’t had chance to update and play yet but did they add more Q gadgets? The ring callouts are pretty damn cringeworthy.

Watched a bit of the stream last night and did not notice any music changes other than some of the new modes appear to reuse some of the JB tracks from other modes. Don’t recall if the music used is movie correct.

Sure hope we get the 10 or so that Gomez mentioned, would think the music at this point of code development should be sorted out.

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I didn't see any new gadgets and nothing in the release notes. I played about 5 games with the new code and only got Q's ring. Annoying.

So I just played first game and get red grant henchmen mode and Spectre weapon mode bath o sub. Share the same music. Hard to believe the stingy licensor would allow that if all the other rumors are accurate of not having two modes going from different movies.

Grant mode needs a new music track or just go with the fight scene dialogue, struggling, gun sounds and objects being thrown and smashed.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

See Image. [quoted image]

This is good news for sure, really hope they get the music to a better spot.

It’s not bad but need a little more variety and get it to correspond to proper movie at a minimum.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Replace the Mr. henderson mode with...something. Why does the Mr. Henderson mode feature a clip from a completely different movie with characters who have nothing to do with Mr. Henderson? It's very odd.

I would love to hear the answer on this, you’re right that it’s really odd and no cohesion.

Well Stern/Gomez?

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Please for the love of God tell me there's a Connery call out, "Exceptionally fine shot". (from Diamonds are Forever when Lana Wood gets thrown out the window into the pool)
Otherwise huge whiff.

There is very little Connery call outs are dialogue in general, need more than just the Crab Key line.

#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

They effed it up, plain and simple. Henderson is not a bad guy - he is Bond's contact in Japan in YOLT. In Diamonds are Forever, the same actor, Charles Gray plays Blofeld. Henderson doesn't belong on the the villains list - and the Charles Gray Blofeld from Diamonds should be the Villain. I would think with intense approval process from the licensor, this should not have been missed. I mean they were concerned about JetPack Bond's eyebrow thickness.

Correct, I’m thinking the licensor excuse is a crock.

https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Dikko_Henderson_(Charles_Gray)

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Correct, I’m thinking the licensor excuse is a crock.
https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Dikko_Henderson_(Charles_Gray)

It is all a bit confusing how Stern did this

#2355 1 year ago

Blofeld is in several Bond movies but since he needed to be in the villain tree they should have used an Alias like number one, Ernst Blofeld etc..

Charles Gray played the two roles in Diamonds but nothing in you only live twice. I think they simply mixed up Henderson with Blofeld.

Little history on Blofeld being main villain.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld_(007)

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Charles gray played blofeld in diamonds
Charles gray played Henderson in you only live twice (an ally not a villain)

Yeah your correct, just highlights how confusing it it.

Villain tree for you only
Live twice should be no. 1 and then Blofeld for diamonds. Problem solved. Mode for yolt they all refer to each other by number so it would work.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Back to the code, there's a couple things I don't see in the assets folder that I hope get included at some point: the downtown Vegas car chase from Diamonds are Forever & the golf match from Goldfinger.
"If that's his original ball I'm Arnold Palmer" would be a good callout for a ball save.

I was hoping we get some of Pussy’s aerial team footage crop dusting Fort Knox. Or the scene at the end on board the private jet.

There is a ton of stuff not used that I hope they add.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Was scanning through settings today and noticed a couple options that I can't seem to remember seeing or anyone mention:
Hunted By Helicopter Timer
Aston Martin Timer
Underwater Power Pack Timer
Little Nellie Timer
Not sure if they were added with new code but they sound interesting.

Several of those correspond to q gadgets that are not coded yet.

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

The music in the game feels like it could be way better, especially with all those great John Barry tracks that could be utilised. Is anybody working on an alternate music mix for Bond yet?

There is supposed to be 10 tracks but not sure all are in game yet.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I hope they put a ton of different clips and audio for each mode to have variety and not always the same clips in the same order.
James bond callouts, one liners are really missing in that game

Variety of missions tied to each villain would be cool as each movie has so many good moments.

Yes needs more Bond callouts and one liners for sure.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

10 tracks? I heard 6. Where did you hear 10?.. and why is it taking so long to add even a few more?

Gomez himself said that on multiple podcasts. I think he said to expect 4 of the 6 theme songs two obvious missing would be Goldfinger and Thunderball The rest i would assume are the 6 John berry tracks likely one from each of the 6 movies. That would add up to 10.

I’d give the podcast a good listen if you have t watched.

Gomez also says they literally have access to all video content which has me Scratching my head on a couple of the choices but I’m sure more is coming.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of all the Q footage they choose a casino with Tiffany case rambling on about talking to James and avoiding the slammer. Odd!

Agree, there is really nothing better from diamonds?

Really don’t like this mode. At all!

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just want to hear Pussy Galore say her name.

How is this not in the code?

#2413 1 year ago

Another scene that should be in the game for Goldfinger.

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No, not normal at all. No mission/mode/feature should finish completely when a multiball starts. There are 2 ways to deal with this:
1) Pause the mission/mode/feature and resume when multiball is over.
2) Bring the mission/mode/feature into the mulitball.
I prefer option 1 because you can focus the player's attention on the main objective, without adding confusion.
To stop a mode completely is very basic coding, almost entry skill level. Stern need to fix this ASAP... it's a game-killer.

I vote for option 1 as well. Pause the mode.

#2422 1 year ago

Just received what I think is mod of the year for 2023. Wow

B6A13881-492B-42DF-8936-BE7BA611B510 (resized).jpegB6A13881-492B-42DF-8936-BE7BA611B510 (resized).jpeg
#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Agreed! I need to pull it back and trim like a 1/16" of the side and top and it'll fit perfectly.
[quoted image]

Only had to trim 1/16 off side. Top and bottom were fine on mine.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:You know, I think this helped it finally dawn on me what's missing here. The modes in most games -- dating back quite some time -- are usually about you "accomplishing" something. Each shot in a mode is a punch in a fight, or an item to collect, or something advancement toward a goal. In Bond, most of the modes feel like it's just "hit a shot to advance through this clip". Exceptions are Grant / Disco Volante, maybe Odd Job if you consider that a "fight", maybe Radioactive Reconnaissance or Q's ring by "scanning" things or trying the next slot machine. But most of them are just "advance the scene". Hit the next shot to hear the next thing Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd have to say...why? Hit the next shot to watch Rosa Klebb inspect her henchman...why?
Given all the licensor troubles, I have little hope these modes might ever change, but that would be my constructive feedback to the programmers -- make modes feel like you're accomplishing things.
Maybe there could've been a Thunderball underwater battle mode -- remember how many diver fights there were? You could have a mode where each shot is a successful kill/incapacitating of a villainous diver.
Ooh oooh that could be a future multiball mode. Starts by getting it in the Scuba scoop, then all shots turn turquoise and each time you hit one, there's another diver fight on the screen (there were certainly enough in the movie). Defeat them all for thunderball super jackpot.
There ya go Stern, that one's a freebie, on the house!

Agree with a lot of this after trying to watch these clips while playing, tough because it’s fast.

Underwater fight scene I have a feeling is tied to Q gadget scuba gear.

There are so many prominent scenes that I hope they add like Vulcan bomber landing under water, pussys flying circus crop dusting Fort Knox, not sure what they will use for dr no but hopefully not more dragon tank.

Can go on and on.

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not a ball trail. The metal is deformed. You're not buffing that out with a wheel and some rouge.

I have a chunk out of the edge in under 100 plays and what looks like Nascars Darlington stripe of pinball all the way up the ramp to the turn. Much different pattern of wear compared to other ramps.

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Largo mode has some Connery dialogue too.

I suspect there is a lot more to get coded in. We likely aren’t even 50% coded despite the .84 number.

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I do wonder why there is so little of Connery's voice. I could understand if there was NONE, as that would likely mean that the voice rights were not available. It seems strange that Stern would be allowed to use that one clip only, though.

It’s so strange given Gomez said repeatedly on the multiple podcasts that they got “all” the movie clips to use.

I’m sure more is coming and I hope they get something going for the Bond women shots, kind of bland at the moment.

#2620 1 year ago

Directors cut little nellie added, hopefully this scene is added in code!

3E5D511A-4B86-4265-9F55-49F97F5EBB47 (resized).jpeg3E5D511A-4B86-4265-9F55-49F97F5EBB47 (resized).jpegC31888E7-0EDE-4522-89F9-A9C94A8172C1 (resized).jpegC31888E7-0EDE-4522-89F9-A9C94A8172C1 (resized).jpeg
#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I upgrade my LE with these awesome Mods from Lermods they look SO AWESOME! The Nellie on the playfield gives another vibe foo the entire experience and feels cohesive with the rest of the toys on the machine! Every time the shaker does his thing, the Nellie moves like is interacting with the game and with the lights looks amazing.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
The Diver ice blue lights finally makes the entire undersea toy comes to live in a whole different way! Looks and feels better! Congrats once again Lermods [quoted image]

How does that lighting interact when flasher in game goes off?

#2671 1 year ago

So we get the annoying as hell Q ring mode for diamonds are forever.

Why not the moon buggy or sealed water ball? Moon buggy scene was great.

8F8660BD-34B7-437E-897B-65659549CBC3 (resized).jpeg8F8660BD-34B7-437E-897B-65659549CBC3 (resized).jpegDAF91F41-94F8-4E48-BDE7-E6A420D49922 (resized).jpegDAF91F41-94F8-4E48-BDE7-E6A420D49922 (resized).jpeg
#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is this currently the only mode available? I played for awhile and the radioactive ring was the only one I saw regarding the Q target.

Radioactive reconnaissance from dr No and the Ring from diamonds are it.

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I was just thinking about what other (more interesting) items would have worked for Q's gadget in DAF. The moon buggy had nothing to do with Q so that would not have fit for that particular group. Q did the voice changer box (for the good guys) and I think also the rope/grappling hook gun thing that Bond uses on the outside of the hotel. Either probably would have been better than that annoying ring/slot machine scene.

Wasn’t there a fingerprint device in diamonds? There was the exploding cake too but that wasn’t related to Q either.

I haven’t watched it recently but I need to.

#2687 1 year ago

Podcast tonight with George correct? Any chance we see a new code drop?

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fingers crossed, hopefully with some meaty content unlike the last update, an Elwin sized update would be amazing!
Either way if George can expand on what is to come and planned for the code that will also likely help sales, if people know where it’s going to end up and it’s going to be great it will surely get some people off the fence.

Agree on code and hope we hear something regarding accessories for pro/pre. I’ve been holding off on aftermarket side blades to see what stern makes, armor too.

This stuff all fuels sales, final pkg is important.

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Agreed on sideblades. I have Stern art blades on all of my Stern games. Been waiting for some news on that front. I'm going to ask in the chat.

I also heard previously the armor from the 60th is the same for the cornerstone like the topper. Maybe we can get this confirmed tonight.

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Can't you just look at the pictures? From what I see it is the same shape, but the 60th has the 007 logo laser etched on one side and the Spectre logo laser etched on the other side vs no laser etching on the LE
Edit- Laser cut might be a better term?

I haven’t seen a picture of a pro/pre with armor. I saw what the LE looks like but I’m assuming it won’t be the same due to the color and I can’t think of any armor Stern has done that wasn’t laser cut in some way.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought on one of the interviews or streams george mentioned that they were going to use the 60th armor on the LE but it covered up some of the side art and licensor didn't like it pr somethong along thise lines? Anyone else remember hearing something like that. Maybe I'm mis-remembering it?

Not sure but looking at the photo of 60th it appears to clip the art just a bit as well. Who knows. Don’t see them doing black armor without any laser cuts. What was the last game with plain armor? LZ pro/pre even has designs in armor.LE got custom powder Just like 007 LE.

Armor on 60th matches the styling of the topper.

I do recall George saying the do have armor and side blades coming.
CF05EB88-7A8D-4283-81AD-FDECECD3A60F (resized).jpegCF05EB88-7A8D-4283-81AD-FDECECD3A60F (resized).jpeg

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

ohhhh the Stern accessory armor. I see what you're saying. I always forget thats even a thing.

Yeah it’s becoming forgotten because Stern can’t keep up unfortunately. Still nothing for rush either.

#2703 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Curious to watch the upcoming Gomez stream. Hopefully people ask "polite yet direct questions."
I see this stream going one of two ways: either damage control (lots of sorrys) or solid information on where this game is going code-wise, i.e EXACT details of when code updates will be implemented and exactly what the code updates will be. Personally, I think they also owe us the real explanation regarding the licensing debacle. Obviously, licensing was once thought to be in the bag or the game never would have been given the green light. I think Gomez is a brilliant person and a very likable fellow, but we as the buyers of these very expensive toys should demand explanations.

Yeah I’m looking forward to this one as well. George said lots of things in the first several podcasts he did from having all the clips, 10 songs, accessories being available shortly, certain decal that is supposed to be in goodie bag and isn’t and recently that stacking etc.. is up next.

None of this stuff has happened yet.

Love the game but so far he over sold it.

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Is the marco gomez stream still happening?

Was just going to ask, don’t see anything.

#2719 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez: New code release next week with mode stacking.

Dr No mode and some other stuff as well. This game could be so good if they aren’t neutered.

#2771 1 year ago

Couple takes, still listening to podcast.

Next weeks code drop major game changer, tons of video to come, music very possible(didn’t necessarily find response awkward) and accessories coming soon and will match the 60th, topper, shooter and armor. Said we’ve seen it all. Also side art will be similar to cornerstone LE just different sketches.

All sounds great!

#2798 1 year ago

Did anyone understand what they were referring to with the 3 from Russia with love lights between ramps?

Is this an indicator for something in the game now or yet to come?

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Advancing those does nothing now.

That’s what I figured, doesn’t seem to reflect anything when you shoot while flashing.

#2801 1 year ago

I’m amazed nobody asked about the Mr Henderson issue. I admit, I forgot myself!

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Play better...This thing flows for days!

Agree, lots of combos and flow.

The reason it seems difficult for most who say this is because it’s a waaay different layout than your typical stern. Not being used to the same fan layout tends to make things more of a challenge early on. Which is a good thing.

I dig it!

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

V2 got rid of circles and three people to see scuba
[quoted image]

needs more bond women and bad guys

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has another come across this footage in the game yet? Little Nellie mode, Power Pack, Aston Martin, hunted helicopter. There seem to be over 1,100 video segments in the code already so likely every major scene from every Connery movie is covered.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are all q branch gadgets to be implemented.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Has anyone replaced the noisy Stern fan with this quiet one from PinballLife?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

Buy mine from @pinmonk. Work great and if you have several games with noisy fans it really makes the gameroom more enjoyable.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Stern has just released a code update!
For Godzilla. . .

Give us 007!

#3051 1 year ago

No additional Q branch modes?

#3067 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sadly, Trouble in Jamaica (Dr. No mode) is just another boring talky scene mode. My reward for hitting the next shot is to listen to Bond and Dr. No have a chat. While it's good dialogue, this isn't exciting in the context of the game. Ref my earlier post about why Largo, Odd Job, and Red Grant are better modes -- you're helping Bond "do" the next thing or advance through a fight.
(ICYMI https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/46#post-7369678)
A better option here for Dr. No could have been helping Bond sneak into the reactor room, turn the dial, fight off the guys, fight off Dr. No, and eventually get him down into the water. Would've been much more rewarding. <sigh>

Just played the Dr No mode and agree, what a snoozer.

fight at the reactor, scene where Bond wastes Dent and there are a few others that would have been better. Maybe 3 blind mice scene.

Biggest complaint is not adding another Q branch mode, don’t like playing Q’s ring every game.

#3088 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I experienced several video / audio synch issues and scenes that kept playing well after moving to the next ball.

I’ve noticed this as well. Pretty janky at the moment.

#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pitchfork Friday!

No pitchforks yet but with George saying they have all the video assets to use, you do have to question some of the stuff they are going with for the modes. I don’t get it.

Great game with a lot of potential but don’t see them changing any of this.

#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

For the currently unused assets on the 0.86 image we have:
--Dragon, Reactor, and Honey Rider intro sequence from Dr. No
--Helicopter and Boat chases from From Russia with Love
--DB5 car chase (looks like it will be used as part of a DB5 Multiball) and Fort Knox battle from Goldfinger
--Underwater fight and ending Disco Volante fight from Thunderball
--Little Nellie sequence from You Only Live Twice
Honor Blackmon and Pussy Galore's flying circus are MIA. And this is new:
[quoted image]

If all this stuff is added I’ll be thrilled because those are the biggest moments in all these movies.

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from tenhaken:

[quoted image]

Well that’s good news!

1 week later
#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gomez: Moby's James Bond theme version is coming to cornerstone.

Really? In a game themed from 1960’s and 70’s.

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Yeah, I'm surprised, also. He said it during the Bond 60th Dead Flip stream.

Might be ok in jukebox mode. Hoping for a few more of the Connery era tunes.

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

My opinion but that rocket mod doesn't look like the movie version at all?
[quoted image]

Thought the same

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Armada of RCP Dragon Tanks shipping out tomorrow![quoted image]

Any update on the version for pre/le?

#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Probably another week. Gomez said they were trying to reduce the usual 4 week cycle, so could be anything less or more than 4 weeks, depending on what they are trying to finish in any given update. It's all just guesses.
Somewhat related, it looks like the rest of the Q gadgets are going to be more involved based on the images found in the code by pinballjah
[quoted image]

That’s going to be awesome if we can choose DB5 features to use!

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

In the scoop pause the ball, choose feature and pop the ball back into play. It would be great to have more content like this in game, with the Jetpack etc

I can see the remaining a gadgets having features like this. Little Nellie has various weapons on board like the db5 and the scuba gear and attaché case have different gadgets within.

#3746 1 year ago

Ok Yeah but the main update was a day before that one.

Gomez said they would be increasing frequency of updates from the usual 4 weeks so we are coming into 3 weeks so maybe by end of week we see something.

Hoping for some Q gadgets to be added next.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've heard 2 weeks away for a new drop.

Well that certainly blows, so much for speeding things up like they said was a focus moving forward.

#3814 1 year ago

Hoping we get some code today!

#3820 1 year ago

The game was announced 6 months ago. The code is still not close to being completed. I’m getting annoyed and impatient. The FF drops and stern is going wild on promoting that. I don’t see any chatter about how awful FF code is. Why is it they can announce FF and everything is sunshine and rainbows before the game is even going out the door? But 007 is dragging this code for now going on 6 months. Super professional stern! (That’s sarcasm)

Agree, trying to remain patient but it’s starting to wear thin. Currently liking the game but I’m starting to think by the time it’s where it needs to be it will be stale and time to move on. Don’t know, haven’t felt this way about any other game I’ve owned.

I think smaller more frequent updates at this point would be a good thing, keep throwing us a little bone every couple weeks.

#3853 1 year ago

When was this originally revealed , last September/October?

Definitely not progressing very fast.

1 week later
#4209 1 year ago

Anyone know if the flippers were intended to have a slight droop to them?

Also, my auto plunge fires again after every manual plunge but not a second time on auto launch. Switch positioning seems fine. Any ideas?

Hoping for some code polish soon getting sick of Q’s ring every damn game.

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I didn't see a dedicated bond thread.
I just wanted to share one of my newest mods that's bond specific
"easy and relatively inexpensive" bond flipper wear protectors for premium and LE
basically I got tired of immediately buying new rails with built in flipper protectors and then throwing away the originals, nor did I want to buy the metal half moons that require screws being drilled into the cabinet. These use the pressure of the buttons as well as aligning with the rails so they don't needs any permanent attachments just remove the button and put on and put the button back.
pre-applied 3m adhesive tape is included to the top corner past the art in case you want to adhere it just a bit more but it's 100% not necessary to use.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-stern-pinball-flipper-button-wear-protectors-bond-007-ver
I don't actually have a bond illustrate against (yet) but here's pics of my generic ones on Rush
as well as the bond specific ones[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are nice, if they were laser cut with foil I would be in.

I’m hearing the armor for 60th will be available for the cornerstone.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

You have to wonder though, is it ACTUALLY hurting Stern's sales?

I think it’s certainly pushing people towards foo fighters but at the end of the day does it matter if stern sells 100 FF and 50 bonds vs 75 of each? Still 150 units sold, just using these numbers as an example.

#4353 1 year ago

Hope we get a big update this week!

#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Thanks to the people that gave me very valuable constructive tips on these.
I"ve tweaked the design a bit and will do a bit more before this weekend.
but heres some examples of what things are looking like (note the silver is not yet actually metal as I don't have it yet so I simulated with thin acrylic and chrome spray paint, I'm waiting on foil sheets to come in. I actually like the red alot and I think I'm going to make similar ones for my Rush as I think it would like killer with that red. I might also make them a bit thicker than the "red" version but thinner than the "silver version"
if anyone is interested in one you can purchase from my site or PM me interest as I'll probably make soem this weekend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance of seeing them installed?

#4393 1 year ago

I know it has been discussed to length and comparisons made to BM66 early on and ST and a few others.

I’m not too familiar with code progression on those but what is alarming with Bond isn’t that the code sucks but it’s largely incomplete. 4 of 6
Q branch modes missing, no wizard or mini wizard modes, center inserts for each movie appear to do nothing, shot between ramps with 3 indicators missing and do nothing, action button nothing, Bond Women nothing, music missing, Bond Jetback not fully integrated and I’m sure there is more.

My question is were these other games 7 months after release this incomplete?

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. No. Maybe. It was like 7 years ago who the Hell remembers?
Bond code sucks. Bond code is coming along slow. Whether that changes really has nothing to do with what happened on code on some game 7 years ago.
Everybody wants to crack the code and solve the mystery but there are no clues or words of reassurance we can offer. Only praying this hot fucking mess gets better.

Agree with you and I don’t expect it to be complete but if they could just throw us a small bone a little more often. Need another Q mode asap, give us an additional song, one or two Bond women scoring modes. I get it, it’s a work in progress but anything would be welcomed to keep us owners hitting the start button and distros selling a few games.

Let’s go Stern!

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea the past is past. We are spending big money on these machines and if we aren't happy with them, I mean, what do we care about the past history? Reason why folks are quick to just dump a machine, trade it in, and get something else till they are happy. Code complaints aren't going to go away cause of history of other games, code complaints exist because the code sucks.

I only mentioned the past because there have been a few instances where it was used as an excuse to make this acceptable and it just isn’t.

I’ve been waiting 3+ months for a $1.98 part from Stern for my LZ topper. A replacement window for my Bond and another item.

I’m a little salty with Stern lately and usually I think they are very very good.

#4414 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

its a fun shooter ,it will be more fun in the future.It has some decent shots That satisfy me as a player.

It’s one of the tougher games I’ve played due to how many times you have to make these difficult shots.

Grant for example, I think that has to be almost impossible to complete.

#4456 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

for you it is not, for me it is. Is one of the answers wrong! ? I think not . To each his own

I have both games and at the moment GNR is the more fun game.

#4464 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

blame the music. The music of that mode is not the real music associated with them.

Just a bit scorpion heavy on the video integration as well

#4520 1 year ago

Stern surely does. If Lonnie gives none, then fire him and put someone else on the code.

Couldn’t have said it better, guy has a shit track record and Stern knows it.

I’m tired of excuses about licensing being an issue as well. They need to do a better job of picking themes where the licensor actually is helpful in producing a good product for the brand whether music, movie or whatever.

They need to stop picking highly restrictive titles regardless of how good it could be. If you don’t have full access, screw it. Only going to be a half ass product.

Plenty of themes with full access out there

#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Does anyone know if Stern will issue a topper?
Forgive me if this has been addressed previously.

Yeah it’s the same one the 60th special Bond got but who knows when they are shipping.

#4619 1 year ago

Hoping for today, why wait for TPF when that is really all about FF. Get it out today and they have a week to hype it for next weekend where they will sell more games if it’s good.

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:You know, Stern has a phone number. If you’re actually interested in doing something productive about the code, call them. Be nice, the person who answers your phone call has nothing to do with the delayed code. But they can help you get information about it. With all this hate/frustration going on here, I decided to call them. Talked to a wonderful gentleman who understood my frustration. Said he would do what he could to find out where they are at with the code update and give me a call back. I’ll let you know what he says. In the words of Aaron Rogers, RELAX. Or at least do something productive about it.

I’ll be floored if he calls you back

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well to be fair it was said on the stream that Foo Fighters has been in development for 2 years. Whereas Bond was in development by Ritchie but then after he left it had a total design reset and by Gomez. So even though Bond came out about 6 months earlier, it hasn't been "cooking" as long as Foo Fighters.
Should Stern tell the code team on Foo Fighters to not release code until the Bond code team was caught up? That doesn't make sense.

I would think these professionals ought to be able to work on simultaneous projects since the teams do appear to work independently of one another.

Gomez threw fuel on the fire over a month ago when he said the usual 4 week update spans was being sped up. Then on 2/28 it was within two weeks. Both have come and gone.

#4663 1 year ago

Also Gomez has been on the record saying things to get us hyped and then it does not happen

Where is the disco volante sticker that he said is in the goodie bag three times?

#4679 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

He actually did just call me back. He gave me an update. A couple things he asked me not to share, but what I can share is that the code update has been completed and it is being reviewed by the license holder. It will be released as soon as they approve. I know, let the eye rolls start as we’ve heard this before, but unfortunately that’s the reality.

Not buying it, keep the pitchforks ready fellas!

Oh forgot to add, they will have an issue with something and back to drawing board.

What a circus!

#4708 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

What’s this gonna cost? $150?

I don’t even get what it is, mashup of stuff?

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:Yeah, I have been very critical of the game... but the Bond music is one my favorite aspects of the game.

Agree, love the classic music just need more of it. More variety that is.

#4844 1 year ago

I got a hankering for some pitchforking

We getting a code update this week or what?

#4863 1 year ago

If no code this week it with be pitchfork Sunday/Monday.

Pitchforks forever!

#4869 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Someone posted that the update was done but waiting on approval. My guess is that the licensor knows or cares zero about TPF and isn't looking at TPF as a deadline for approval. Sucks but probably the reality.

Your right but I would hope the Stern people would have brought it to their attention and highlighted why it would be a good idea to have this done for TPF.

#4886 1 year ago

Track record says this particular team is the issue and licensor is just the easy excuse for them, Jmho

#4910 1 year ago

When the Bond Jetpack is integrated in the code for ball to be released on the tank will it hit those lit flames?

Disregard, didn’t see the $750.

#4958 1 year ago

How is that dragon tank scene not in the game where Bond says “ a dragon that runs on diesel engines” and some actual dragon tank footage.

Come on GG!

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:If anyone feels this game needs a lunch box option like GTF here ya go:
https://www.lunchbox.com/collections/custom-lunch-boxes/products/james-bond-dr-no-lunch-box

Nice topper

#5001 1 year ago

So we are still stuck with 2 of 6 fucking Q modes?

Really pathetic Stern and gang.

#5006 1 year ago

.01 update increments, it seems that they plan to really drip feed update the game at this point with one new feature per update, and some random fixes. The Q gadgets alone will get it to .92 ....?

I’m a pretty reasonable person and didn’t expect all 4 to be added right now but how about 1?

Mini wizard mode is still difficult to get to so there is really not much new here that you will see in the average game. Maybe some additional music.

#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People say they want something - anything !!! - and get mad when they get it.
I’ll take this over nothing.
And so will you!!

It is better than nothing, you are correct. I need a beer to relax, lol

#5014 1 year ago

If so it makes it even stranger that the feature isn't in the game, it's just a multiplier you activate. Only thing I can imagine is that when you hit the action button, it's meant to trigger the lit bond girl you have collected, which would play an intro or video for said bond girl. If licensing is an issue, imagine this could be a reason as they would need to have the assets for every girl done and approved probably to do it, so it's going to be more work to implement.

I hope we get a small clip or dialogue from the associated Bond Girl. George said they had full use of all video assets, why not use them?

Maybe it was all BS because some of the shit they chose to use for modes are not the top moments from the movie.

Wtf do I know, I’ve only watched these movies a million times.

#5023 1 year ago

Played a few games, interested in everyone’s take on the music.

Definitely takes a very modern turn.

Through 5 games haven’t noticed anything else new, maybe a new light show for a jackpot during jetpack multi.

#5028 1 year ago

So from a classic 1960’s bond perspective you all don’t find it to be odd?

I think this music is perfect for the 60th covering 60’s to current. Trained ear can definitely tell that isn’t period correct.

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Is that price to cover the lawsuit for using copyrighted material in your video?

Have to give the guy credit, he did that part very good.

#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

His video is great. I think an air ball breaks the fire on the mod.

Really didn’t notice that. Have to watch again. I think rocket city may do something similar for a fraction of the cost.

#5039 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Choose a movie function would be pretty cool, just sayn'

I like the choose a movie idea as we all have different favorites.

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:Yesterday I added this version of A View to a Kill as the game over music. Hoping Stern can get a cover/remix of it for a future update.

Of all the Bond music in the franchise that is my all time favorite and I fucking hope they don’t put it in this game.

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:It gets stuck in my head as game over music. Way better than hearing the Bond theme AGAIN for 50 seconds after just playing the game.
Should be an option to disable/shorten the game over music.

It’s no doubt a great song and would be awesome in the 60th.

Thunderball would be a cool game over song, not sure if you tried it. Tom Jones, great voice.

#5095 1 year ago

In know PB isn’t working with .88 yet but this could be great.

We now have each ball coded with its own song. If they are 3 seperate files they can become whatever we want via pinball browser.

007 theme ball 1
Goldfinger ball 2
Thunderball ball 3

Game over likely changed too since original theme split off to allow ball 2 and 3 and not a repeat.

#5140 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Thanks, I agree. I am considering several options right now and a main one is pricing.

I think if you get the price correct there is potential to sell quite a few of these which is better for you in long run.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Excepting Jetback Multiball, almost all of the footage and quotes are from other people Bond is fighting... people we are supposed to not like. There is almost no James Bond in this.

This is a good point, we need more Bond. The guy had quite the personality and we need more of that.

#5151 1 year ago

Just played the mini wizard, it’s decent. Looks like movie posters on display. Only saw 1 so not sure.

Be cool if they add a Bond..James Bond high score at game over.

#5153 1 year ago

DJ mixer has 3 songs with titles now instead of it just saying test 1 etc..

None of the new ones show up though

#5159 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

As mentioned earlier, that's not a soundbite they added on -- it's integrated into / part of the Moby song.

The others are added in though aren’t they or was Connery’s voice in the Moby song too?

I can’t decide if I like the music changes or not. On want hand it’s refreshing to have some variety but on the other hand i know it isn’t period correct and can’t get the classics out of my head that should be there.

Hopefully when PB cracks .88 we will find that we now have options with a track for each ball.

The mini wizard is a fun mode, nice add!

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from jehdukeegr:

Man, I do love that the upper flipper is actually useful on Bond as compared to say Led Zep where it is basically useless....

Great shot on Zep pre/le and much easier to hit with the cliffy ramp flap. Feels like butter.

#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I hit that bad boy all the time. Unfortunately, I don't hit it well. It's more of a U turn ramp for me. LOL

I hope they code something for wrong way shots on that ramp. Happens quite frequently for it to not do anything.

#5223 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Music: Trying for 11 songs into jukebox next week (3 are slow paced - YOLT, FRWL, DAF) - wants feedback on songs.

Slow or not these are must have classics with a good retro vibe.

Hopefully they cut the song files up in code so we can add Thunderball and Goldfinger Via PB.

Good news on Bond women scenes as well.

Glad they offered this information, just gives us an idea where things are really going.

#5224 1 year ago

Any mention of accessories? Toppers, blades and armor?

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:Exactly. Typically those re-worked theme song versions are called "Action Suite" on the soundtracks. The Live and Let Die Action Suite is what I used as the main gameplay song in my mix. Better than the Wings version, which would suck for pinball.

Thunderball action suite

#5273 1 year ago

Goldfinger

#5274 1 year ago

From Russia

#5275 1 year ago

I think these action suites can work especially for the two songs they can’t get. I think these are John Barry as well.

Hopefully Gomez/Stern are aware of this option

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s great as a placeholder if Stern leave PB able to access the code so we can replace it with a better era accurate track but Stern could surely use one of the John Barry fight tracks used during the connery era.

This may be exactly what they are doing. I remember Gomez saying in one of the first podcasts that we would find a way to get the music we want in it.

I agree the music added is out of place but it is refreshing only due to the simple fact of the same musical lines repeating over and over.

Hopefully a work in progress

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed, the Moby mix is a bit jarring for the cornerstone Bond. Probably aren't allowed to by licensing, but splice in Connery at the beginning instead of Brosnan would make it less so.

Connery does say Bond..james Bond during the mode and I think all bonds say it throughout. Not sure.

I think the whole song should go

#5287 1 year ago

They paid for Moby, they aren't gonna not use it at this point. At best they introduce an option to change it for those who don't like it.

The intent was only to be used in 60th but like someone said they could be laying the framework for us to do whatever we want with PB.

What I’d like to know is where are the 3 others they supposedly had?

Frwl, YOLT and Diamonds? We have the Dr No and the other two we know the story.

#5289 1 year ago

They said they are coming last night

Gotcha, I think it’s fine for now. Placeholder likely and we will be able to tweak with PB as long as the files are individual and not 5 sound requests out of one file.

#5302 1 year ago

Hope we get some flipper button speech and sounds, there is a ton of good material.

#5304 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

With TPF going on we wanted to release a project we had going on and off again
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-dragon-tank-mod-for-prem-le-#post-7491424[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m guessing hole around target will be a little smaller to prevent light leakage?

#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah, we'll tighten up that hole and also plan add a foam flap to go under the target itself so it's completely blacked out

Looks great, I’m in. When can I order! Lol

#5329 1 year ago

Idea for Gomez/Stern

Everyone seems to like the Dragon tank as there are several modded versions now.

Highly underutilized in game and it would be cool if it had its own mode triggered by scoop where light flashes hit target to start a hurry up bash mode where you need to hit target say 10 times in 30 seconds. Playing the clips and dialogue where Bond says a dragon that runs on diesel engines etc.. if unsuccessful with making shots it shows the dude getting wasted and Bond and girl getting hauled away.

I think this would be a great add to the game to better utilize a toy that is front and center on the PF.

#5383 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It didn’t help that most things aren’t coded yet so we see the same shit over and over again. That did her no favors.

Agree, if she was in with the other 5 modes probably wouldn’t be a big deal.

#5384 1 year ago

Anyone else think it would be nice to be able to bypass the pops on plunge by holding left flipper to open the gate?

Can ply into strategy if you need a henchman or villain that is already lit. Plunge around to upper flipper and hit one of ramps. Could be a skill shot too.

I’d like to see this happen

#5389 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It already works like this. I believe it's the only way you can get to the 3rd skill shot ("Eyes Only") in the Q scoop on the right. I'm sure hitting the henchman ramp will be another skill shot when the rest are added.
Maybe your gate bypass is turned off in the settings?

Ok I’ll have to take a look, definitely not working that way at the moment

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Wow I just discovered this gate bypass trick and it just made the game so much better for me. Oh my God.

What is the trick to get it to work?

Hold left flipper and plunge? I tried that and didn’t go through.

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from stewdogg:

Hold the left flipper and hit the center launch button instead of the plunger... seems like maybe you might not have enough power to take it through the gate...?

No I didn’t use the button to launch, i manually plunge. I’ll try that in a bit.

#5438 1 year ago

Just want to make sure I understand, if I hold left flipper and manual plunge or press button the gate should open correct?

My game is definitely not doing this, what setting do I need to take a look at? Don’t see anything in 007 adjustments except disable gate but that is on factory setting.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Does your gate work in coil test?

Works in coil test and does work when triggered during modes in game.

Just not opening when launching and left flipper held. I do see the Q branch purple light lit for the skill shot when I hold flipper button. Just no way to get the ball to bypass the pops.

#5447 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you may have a switch that's not registering so it doesn't know where the ball is when it's launched, so it can open the gate. Holding the flipper doesn't open the gate, it's when the ball moves, so I think it's triggered by a lane switch AND the left flipper being triggered at the same time. So holding the left flipper satisfies the first case, and when it rolls over (or away from) either the shooter lane switch or the switch for the right orbit, it satisfies the second case and opens the gate.
Test the shooter lane switch with a ball (not your finger) using the switch test mode in the system menu. Make sure it's registering.
Ditto the right orbit switch at the top right of the playfield. Roll a ball over it (both ways, but UP is most important for this purpose) and make sure it registers in switch test mode.

Bingo, it was the lane switch. All good now. Thanks

Hopefully skill shot animations evolve a bit instead of same hat flip for all.

#5456 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I've had issues on different games. Both times it was the piece on the other side. See photo.

Not the same. It's a different hat for each skill shot. Same scene, but not exactly.

How exciting, a different hat.

#5525 1 year ago

Anyone try the 007 button protectors beings sold in marketplace?

#5545 12 months ago

They said code this week for us again any chance today? Rush dropped a big one yesterday and all the accessories available too.

#5547 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did they really promise us another code update with a specific week?!
Every time they do it just brings them one step closer to the slammer.

Pretty sure they said stay tuned for another update next week and this was just prior to TPF. Get the pitchforks ready for when it doesn’t happen!

I just hope we get another Q mode

#5611 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm definitely a "less is more" guy when it comes to the action button. We'll see what they come up with! Don't mind a little like TWD or Deadpool if it's judicious.
Games like Star Wars and POTC showed how obnoxious it can get. I only gots two hands!!!

Since these remaining gadgets have multiple features to choose I’m thinking it will be coded similar to Mando. Choose weapons when help by scoop and in this case we have 2 scoops to hold the ball and right lane post.

Only way to do it from what I see

#5688 12 months ago

Nobody at the show to report on the code?

#5728 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are we to assume the .88.1 beta code at MGC was nothing to write home about as there was scant a mention in here about it except some detail from one person? Must not have been much unfortunately...

George hyped it last week it would be out then changed to will be available at MGC to preview but agree, not a peep about it.

#5804 11 months ago

No additional Q modes? Damn it

#5828 11 months ago

The music additions are nice. Hopefully at some point we see them somewhere other than the dj mixer. Alternating game over song or something like that would be good.

Still hoping when the dust settles with code updates we can get the other two in with PB

#5887 11 months ago

Had a weird one last night. Started jetpack hit the jackpot shot and put two balls up the ramp almost back to back and bond picked up both balls for a second, one dropped into pops and the other continued as normal.

#5959 11 months ago
Quoted from fuzz:

has anybody brought up the potential of the rocket being a bash toy for a mode?
it makes a sound when struck and is obviously engineered for this

I said the same about dragon tank, bash target x times within say 30-45 seconds and we get clips from dr no where dude is wasted by the tank and bond taken.

#5960 11 months ago

Really digging the music in the dj mixer, would be awesome if we can get the other two at least into the mixer for our listening enjoyment. Wonder if any of those other tracks in mixer are separate sound files from what’s in game?

#5970 11 months ago
Quoted from Urmel-Online:I am the only one who is missing (more) video snips, call outs and dialogues with the Bondgirls. That‘s one of the most interestings parts from this gentle agent

Yeah I think they are coming, lots of epic clips with remaining Q modes and Bond girls and others to be added I’m sure.

So I noticed certain combos when made have a title and clip of a living room and fireplace? It’s so fast I can’t make it out. Perhaps each combo will get some sort of related image?

#5971 11 months ago

I’ll go a step further on the dj mixer being great and what would put it over the top.

Would be great to see video montage or even still slide show during associated song rather than the psychedelic kaleidoscope. From Russia with love give us highlights of epic moments etc..

That would be great

1 week later
#6239 11 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I didn't think of it until someone else mentioned it, but there aren't any callouts or one-liners at all in the game like there are in just about every other good pinball machine made in the past 30 years.

Yeah we need some more Bond speech and flipper button speech during attract would be a good add on this game. Lots of stuff from Bond, Villains and Henchmen to use.

#6265 11 months ago

Any word on accessories yet? Topper, blades or shooter?

#6287 11 months ago

Any rumblings on next code update and what it may include? Really hope for a new Q mode and some Bond women!

#6438 11 months ago

Code this week? I’m about to get the pitchfork back out. Getting Bond James Bond almost every game now, need some depth.

#6442 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If you're a 007 owner, a pitchfork is required!

I think it’s a must have tool going forward for anything Stern produces.

Sorry for the negativity but when they can’t even get you a led chip and harness for a topper for going on 4 months now..code just puts me over the top

#6445 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I played Foo Fighters. And it's not.

Haven’t played it yet and I’m being somewhat sarcastic and having fun with you all.

It is a little frustrating they can’t get me this damn part that is required for a $1000 topper to operate properly.

#6446 11 months ago

Shaker worth it on 007? Put one in Mando and it was out of control. Sent it back.

#6478 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack Danger is streaming Bond tomorrow..... Probably means new code!

Hope you’re right and that it’s significant update. Would he stream again for what 3rd or 4th time if no update?

#6690 11 months ago

Thoughts on Little Nellie MB? Played it once yesterday, like the build up to it but once your in MB the shots needed to hit move so fast almost impossible to intentionally hit. Made two shots blindly via the chaos.

#6732 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Im sick of hearing about the liscensors being dicks…

I think this is just an easy excuse that there is no way to validate so we all buy into that.

Plenty of licensed Bond items out in the wild so they are total stiffs.

Looking at the game, they have the art, lots of music with possibly more to come, all the clips to use per Gomez, the gadgets, the women etc… need I continue?

This is purely an implementation issue in my mind and coming up with some sort of cobbled together cohesive rule set.

Game could be great but I’m starting to scratch my head with some of this stuff.

Even the simple things, where the hell are the Bond one liners? Flipper button speech?

So far it’s a shell of what it could be. I’m glad it’s fun to shoot though, keeps me hanging on a bit longer.

#6803 11 months ago
Quoted from Urmel-Online:

Have seen the discussion about the bond themes already included now but only in the Mixer mode.
I agree most of them are very soft and slow and not a good fit to the play and modes, BUT what about to add the great theme from On her Majesty’s Secret from John Barry? Yes we all know it’ s not a Connery Bond but the music is very dramatic and fantastic. Even more a white Majesty flash is already there down the playfield.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the wizard mode is based on that movie. It does fall between two of Connery’s movies. Just a guess, who knows?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
11,100 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
370 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.