Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 340.
#14551 10 months ago

I wouldn't be surprised if the Halloween code release is being held up due to the problems found in last week's Ultraman code update.

#14552 10 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Halloween code release is being held up due to the problems found in last week's Ultraman code update.

Better to squish them I guess

#14553 10 months ago

Id rather that - guess we will know in a couple hours based on previous releases

Quoted from John_C:

#14554 10 months ago

I say just release the code. It seems Spooky's test group isn't large enough to find all the bugs on their own. Release the code and follow it up with a bug fix after the fact.

#14555 10 months ago

This always happens, two balls get stacked up in the Sanitarium hole.

IMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpeg
#14556 10 months ago

New Code came out!!!!

For Godzilla....

#14557 10 months ago
Quoted from RMarnold:

This always happens, two balls get stacked up in the Sanitarium hole.
[quoted image]

Do you have an early run of the game? Believe there was some issue with that happening on earlier models and they had to add a spacer or something in there to help prevent that.

#14558 10 months ago

I have standard 1138, i chucked some washer under the subway to pitch it more which helped a lot. But it happens much less

#14559 10 months ago

CODE IS LIVE!!!

#14560 10 months ago

Hey everyone! It is officially that time, the newest Halloween code is live on the support page, and I of course have a video tutorial for the new expert mode right here for you! Hope you all enjoy!

#14561 10 months ago
Quoted from RMarnold:

I have standard 1138, i chucked some washer under the subway to pitch it more which helped a lot. But it happens much less

Whats your pitch at too? If a ball is getting stuck in there it's not rolling out of the way and the other is stacking on it. The spacer that spooky added later did help prevent this. Unless yours is missing anyhting down there.

#14563 10 months ago

Code link: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/halloween/

Here is the v1.11 change log. As always, if you find any issues, please email [email protected] and we'll get it sorted ASAP.

Lots more still to come!

- remember Mac users who have already installed v1.10 don't need to do anything special from now on, just copy the update file to a USB and plug it in to start the update as normal.
- First Kill mode added - flashback to play as a young Michael on Halloween night 1963
- audio overhaul, including all callouts and sounds have been re-balanced, there are new settings (see below) in the menu for tweaking things to get them just how you want.
- New menu settings for audio under STANDARD:
- MUSIC VOLUME % (values: 0-100, default 50) this is the baseline for all other sounds to then be louder or quieter than.
- SFX MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -50) want your knife slashes and pumpkin smashes louder? This is the setting for you. You can make it up or down from the base music volume above.
- VOICE MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -10) voices include callouts and the sound that accompanies video clips
- MULTIBALL SONG MOD % (values -95 to +95, default 10) boost your Don't Fear The Reaper so it's extra loud! Or if streaming and don't want to be dinged for copyright, you can turn this down.
- the recommended order for adjusting your audio is: use the coin door volume switches to set that halfway, set the master volume on the amp (furthest knob) so that it sounds about halfway of what you want, then use the menu settings above for fine tuning
- video system overhaul. Faster transitions between videos for a smoother experience
- ball eject system now more robust. If a ball doesn't kick out correctly, retries are more effective and power is increased temporarily if necessary. If you see balls coming out too fast and bouncing back in, you need to go into the COIL SETTINGS menu and lower TROUGH (one notch at a time and retest is best)
- after Boogeyman progress is reset so you can keep going with more modes and multiballs and really crank the points
- ball trough test in menu, allows you to see trough switches, eject and launch balls
- instructional text has been made easier to read and more consistent throughout the game. Lots of thing made more clear. More text still to come.
- "flipper training" has been added. This is where once per game, when the lifters first bring up a ball, the flipper on that side will do a double flip to draw the player's attention there. This can be turned on or off in the menu, default is on.
- end of ball lightshow is back. Sorry about that.
- house spinner lights now light downwards so it's easier to see when you almost have enough to open that crossing shot
- holding start to quick restart should now be working properly
- Bob And Lynda mode fixed - oh boy. This one will get a whole pinside post one day. Anyway, now it plays and stacks as it should, the videos have been moved around a little bit, you'll need to hit the optional crossing shot now for the "special" one.
- end of ball audio not cut off any more
- Sanitarium background animation has been changed
- Judith MB tweaks, it now has animations as you qualify it and it's own music when running
- bonus screen text is bigger
- skillshot at the drop bank is now a bit tougher - you have to get *only* the right one down, the one next to it as well won't be good enough
- during Jack-O-Lantern multiball the sounds now don't cause the music to duck (go quieter) while they play, so it sounds much better
- ball search won't still trigger now if you are holding in either flipper
- ball eject timings after starting a mode / watching a video are now better
- lots of new light shows
- crash fix: if the connection to the Nano board that drives the speaker and topper lights is unplugged, it is now fine.
- crash fix: some users were reporting that games were crashing after being left on for a long time, that should be fixed now
- crash fix: if you did really well in Laurie Slashes Back it might crash - not any more
- crash fix: if you went into the menu immediately after an update
- crash fix: at the end of Laurie Slashes Back once you got the hurryup it could sometimes crash, sorted now.

#14564 10 months ago

Pitch is what it should be, and no spacers are under there. It has happened 10 times out of 756 plays.

#14565 10 months ago

Patch notes look great, and from the video spooky posted, the video transitions do look very much improved and smooth.

#14566 10 months ago

New mode’s visuals are awesome!
Now back to watching the rest of the vid.

#14567 10 months ago

GOODBYE SANITARIUM ANIMATION!!!

Quoted from m4tt:

Here is the v1.11 change log. As always, if you find any issues, please email [email protected] and we'll get it sorted ASAP.
Lots more still to come!
- remember Mac users who have already installed v1.10 don't need to do anything special from now on, just copy the update file to a USB and plug it in to start the update as normal.
- First Kill mode added - flashback to play as a young Michael on Halloween night 1963
- audio overhaul, including all callouts and sounds have been re-balanced, there are new settings (see below) in the menu for tweaking things to get them just how you want.
- MUSIC VOLUME % (values: 0-100, default 50) this is the baseline for all other sounds to then be louder or quieter than.
- SFX MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -50) want your knife slashes and pumpkin smashes louder? This is the setting for you. You can make it up or down from the base music volume above.
- VOICE MOD % (values -95 to +95, default -10) voices include callouts and the sound that accompanies video clips
- MULTIBALL SONG MOD % (values -95 to +95, default 10) boost your Don't Fear The Reaper so it's extra loud! Or if streaming and don't want to be dinged for copyright, you can turn this down.
- the recommended order for adjusting your audio is: use the coin door volume switches to set that halfway, set the master volume on the amp (furthest knob) so that it sounds about halfway of what you want, then use the menu settings above for fine tuning
- video system overhaul. Faster transitions between videos for a smoother experience
- ball eject system now more robust. If a ball doesn't kick out correctly, retries are more effective and power is increased temporarily if necessary. If you see balls coming out too fast and bouncing back in, you need to go into the COIL SETTINGS menu and lower TROUGH (one notch at a time and retest is best)
- after Boogeyman progress is reset so you can keep going with more modes and multiballs and really crank the points
- ball trough test in menu, allows you to see trough switches, eject and launch balls
- instructional text has been made easier to read and more consistent throughout the game. Lots of thing made more clear. More text still to come.
- "flipper training" has been added. This is where once per game, when the lifters first bring up a ball, the flipper on that side will do a double flip to draw the player's attention there. This can be turned on or off in the menu, default is on.
- house spinner lights now light downwards so it's easier to see when you almost have enough to open that crossing shot
- Bob And Lynda mode fixed - oh boy. This one will get a whole pinside post one day. Anyway, now it plays and stacks as it should, the videos have been moved around a little bit, you'll need to hit the optional crossing shot now for the "special" one.
- Judith MB tweaks, it now has animations as you qualify it and it's own music when running
- skillshot at the drop bank is now a bit tougher - you have to get *only* the right one down, the one next to it as well won't be good enough
- during Jack-O-Lantern multiball the sounds now don't cause the music to duck (go quieter) while they play, so it sounds much better
- crash fix: if the connection to the Nano board that drives the speaker and topper lights is unplugged, it is now fine.
- crash fix: some users were reporting that games were crashing after being left on for a long time, that should be fixed now
- crash fix: if you did really well in Laurie Slashes Back it might crash - not any more
- crash fix: at the end of Laurie Slashes Back once you got the hurryup it could sometimes crash, sorted now.

#14568 10 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

boost your Don't Fear The Reaper so it's extra loud!

HELL YES!!!

#14569 10 months ago

NEW SANITARIUM ART!

#14571 10 months ago

Really going in the right direction with the new stuff, even had a Stern smoothness to it.

The promise of a lot more to come is awesome.

#14572 10 months ago

Just downloaded, installed, and played 4 test games. The transitions between videos seem much faster, which makes the game much faster. Sound was good, everything seems to be working well. I didn’t get a chance to try the new mode but did get to Jack o lantern multiball and it sounded great.

I’m happy!

#14573 10 months ago

During prior updates, red led strips used to pulse slowly until code was finished, then turn green. Is this still the case? Can't seem to get the update finished.....several initial red pulses, then spins in "updating" status.

Will grab another stick and try again....just wanted to see if the pulsing red, then green is still consistent with updating...thx

#14574 10 months ago

Awesome! Let's load 'er up!

#14575 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

During prior updates, red led strips used to pulse slowly until code was finished, then turn green. Is this still the case? Can't seem to get the update finished.....several initial red pulses, then spins in "updating" status.
Will grab another stick and try again....just wanted to see if the pulsing red, then green is still consistent with updating...thx

I wasn’t paying attention to that, but the screen let me know when it was finished. Only took a few minutes.

#14576 10 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I wasn’t paying attention to that, but the screen let me know when it was finished. Only took a few minutes.

Thinking my trusty, old USB stick has finally bit the dust ( a sad day)....grabbing another from my stash now.......

#14577 10 months ago

Updated - my auto plunge extremely weak. Anyone else??

#14578 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everyone! It is officially that time, the newest Halloween code is live on the support page, and I of course have a video tutorial for the new expert mode right here for you! Hope you all enjoy!

LOL you guys suck, I had given up

#14579 10 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:Code link: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/halloween/
Lots more still to come!

ALL hail Matt, the Kiwi conqueror!

Quoted from m4tt:

Lots more still to come!

Don't think we didn't notice that! you're the man. Sorry, Luke!

#14580 10 months ago

I'd like to see something on screen showing the different 2X playfield multipliers

#14581 10 months ago

New mode is fantastic, tried a few times, man it's a challenge but the random part also keeps it fresh. The UI and videos are much faster and crisper transitions, feels lot more professional, nice polish. Audio balance is good, still tweaked it but having options for all the audio features now is great, got it tuned how I like it and the MB's are cranked up a good bit.

Had one bug that if someone can confirm? m4tt During Bob and Lynda, the center drain ball save at the start of the mode doesn't seem to work. Had it immediately drain while the save was lit and the ball/mode ended without the normal save. Other modes so far i've tried seem to be working ball saves though.

Heard a new Annie call out from the film I never heard before, but not sure how I got it to play.

Quoted from Vernisious:

I'd like to see something on screen showing the different 2X playfield multipliers

Yes, this would be nice to have somewhere on the screen an indicator when you have 2x going. It can get hard to keep track of that when the MB's are going.

#14582 10 months ago

Just reading through the changelog, this is a TON of work! Just the audio changes alone are a crazy amount of work, plus lightshows, bug fixes, new mode, UI updates, new animation... (Bob & Lynda Pinside post!). I'm not sure if this is quite on the level of the TH overhaul but man between this and 1.10 it must be close.

#14583 10 months ago

Didn't expect new Loomis callouts, but guess they got some new ones recorded for the update.

#14584 10 months ago

I played a handful of games so far. Some quick notes...

I experienced the false ballsaver one time. The light was flashing, but no save.

My speaker lights are stuck in the red/white chaser pattern from the boot sequence. A reboot did not clear the issue.

The new animation for Sanitarium is a great upgrade!

There are a few places where the music seems to be missing now, like the match sequence and during the instructions for slasher mode. The game is dead silent.

Really liking the improved transition timing with the video clips! The game plays a bit faster now. I think things are on the right track.

#14585 10 months ago

Auto plunge no issues I’m assuming?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I experienced the false ballsaver one time. The light was flashing, but no save.
My speaker lights are stuck in the red/white chaser pattern from the boot sequence. A reboot did not clear the issue.
There are a few places where the music seems to be missing now, like the match sequence and during the instructions for slasher mode. The game is dead silent.
Really liking the improved transition timing with the video clips! The game plays a bit faster now. I think things are on the right track.

#14586 10 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Auto plunge no issues I’m assuming?

No, seems the same as before on mine.

#14587 10 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just checked mine. Same deal with the speaker lights and the topper lighters. Red and white.

#14589 10 months ago

Yaaaay we can all stop complaining..... for a while!

Awesome work m4tt cant wait to download and try it out!

#14590 10 months ago

Looks like hitting hedges you hit already can trigger Annie bringing up laurie seeing things from the movie. Nice little call out

#14591 10 months ago

New Judith animation is cool

#14592 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I am having the same problem after numerous tries

#14593 10 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Do you remember when it was? So far ball save has worked for me except in Bob and Lynda, sdtm while lit and the save was not working. Other modes so far I haven't noticed any issue and let it drain on purpose too.

#14594 10 months ago
Quoted from RMarnold:

I am having the same problem after numerous tries

Yes...new stick, formatted, etc. Game does revert back to original version and plays fine.....just wont take the upload.....letting it spin at the 20 minute mark...have uploaded many, many machines (including this one)...guessing a tech reachout on Monday now.....drats!!

#14595 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes...new stick, formatted, etc. Game does revert back to original version and plays fine.....just wont take the upload.....letting it spin at the 20 minute mark...have uploaded many, many machines (including this one)...guessing a tech reachout on Monday now.....drats!!

DImMU37XgAEjly_ (resized).jpgDImMU37XgAEjly_ (resized).jpg
#14596 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I’m sure you already know…. But make sure the file name doesn’t have any numbers or extra characters in the file name.

#14597 10 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m sure you already know…. But make sure the file name doesn’t have any numbers or extra characters in the file name.

Yepper....a stubborn rascal I've got here....

#14598 10 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

yea if you got a copy already on your pc when you download it it will add (1) to the file name, that needs to be removed.

#14599 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

yea if you got a copy already on your pc when you download it it will add (1) to the file name, that needs to be removed.

Yup, that fixed it, thanks guys

#14600 10 months ago

Everybody getting the wrong light colors on the speakers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/292?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.