Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookybug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1178 2 years ago

Howdy everyone! Thank you for all the patience and kind words on the code direction and rules. We definitely still have a long way to go on both!

First off, working on a really cool code direction flow chart that I'm really excited for everyone to see.

Secondly, to help me keep track of what the most pressing code bug issues are, please feel free to send any and all of your bug reports to my private inbox here on Pinside! (Yes I realize what I just got myself into). We're also in talks of creating a specific bug report email as well. But I figure we'd start here!

Thanks to everyone who came and hung out with us at MGC, it was a blast!

#1353 2 years ago

Howdy folks! Got a video here for everyone going over the Halloween Rules Flowchart.

The flowchart is also available on the website under game support for anyone looking for it. Hope you all enjoy!

1 week later
#1589 2 years ago

The code update will be coming out at the same time for both HWN and UM. They will also be going out as 1.04. Very soon! Maybe even this weekend

1 week later
#1678 2 years ago

Come catch us at Pincinatti this weekend and hang out! It appears some already have lol

1.04 goes live tomorrow for both games!

Quoted from djsolzs:

Oh and by the way they just showed up to Pincinnati not too long ago…

#1689 2 years ago

1.04 is live! It should be a big step forward for both games, with lots lots more to come! Hope everyone enjoys. And if you're coming to Pincinnati come say hi!

Snapchat-157922549 (resized).jpgSnapchat-157922549 (resized).jpg
#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Since Spooky is closed, until Monday, I'm hoping someone here can help.
An associate of mine went to update his Halloween and now it won't boot up. It powers on, speakers light up and it flashes a few things on the screen. It shows the UP bridging the gap logo, then it says "Starting version 232".
After that, it just keeps flashing "Welcome to pinix. pinix login: root (automatic login) Last login: Sat Dec 4th on tty1"
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Email [email protected] and he can send you the fix for this and get ya taken care of real quick!

#1748 2 years ago

If anyone is having issues with their update bricking their game, please email [email protected] and he can absolutely help you get it back up and running in no time! Also we'll be looking at the drop target ball lock bug immediately and hopefully crush it real fast. Great feedback!

Hope everyone is enjoying it so far!

#1763 2 years ago

Alright so we made a quick temporary fix to the ball lock code bug for now so that it isn't getting locked in there and not returning. It's on the website now so you guys can go grab it quick and keep playing! Thanks for all the quick feedback.

We will dig deeper into it and figure out the bug better as soon as we can. For now the drop target should release the ball in ball search.

#1853 2 years ago

Gonna have 1.04B on the website for you all today! It has an official fix for both the skill shot and the mode select. You guys were all very helpful in helping us narrow those down in code, and we appreciate it a lot!

3 weeks later
#2253 2 years ago

1.05 is live and available on the support page on our website now! 1.05 has a handful of fixes but the main attraction is of course the new expert modes. You can watch my quick YouTube video explaining the modes right here.

As the work week starts back up on Monday we'll be keeping a close eye on any new code bugs and quickly knock those out.

Upcoming after that we'll have Pigmon Multiball for the Ultraman crowd and Jack O Lantern Multiball for the Halloween crowd. Hope everybody enjoys the new modes! Still plenty to come.

#2275 2 years ago

As of right now Stalker mode has the original score and House does have a Piggy D song. There's a clip playing at the beginning of House with some original score in it but it goes away after a few seconds. Hope that clears things up

#2293 2 years ago

Be sure to vote for Spooky Luke for Rookie of the year on the TWIPY ballot! Luke was the biggest leading role on the entire Halloween project and deserves a pat on the back for it!

And while you're at it, be sure to vote Halloween number one for everything else too right?

FB_IMG_1641248046642 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641248046642 (resized).jpg
#2334 2 years ago

Does it feel real yet? lpeters82

Luke Peters has been doing a great job on the line. He's quickly learned the ins and outs of working on the Halloween/Ultraman build, and has plenty of great ideas and input on our ongoing game development.

20220105_164316 (resized).jpg20220105_164316 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2685 2 years ago

Morning Everybody! Been seeing lots of people ask for more gameplay footage and streams. Been working on getting a small little recording studio set up in my spare bedroom, thought I'd share some gameplay for everyone to watch.

Definitely still have lots to learn for recording gameplay, will get more cameras and mics set up, get rid of that echo. Hope you all enjoy!

#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Got to wizard mode again.. no power to any flippers or slings now. Game just stuck.

The official wizard mode(s) isn't properly coded in currently, so I wouldn't expect the game to behave at all once you hit that point. It'll take us a little time but we'll be getting to that after the next couple updates!

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Could you put in a placeholder points award and then reset the modes so the game doesn't just end like that?

Not a bad idea at all. We could probably do this.

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Really enjoyed this video, I had watched it on YouTube this morning before seeing this thread - which means it’s hitting the YT algorithm correctly. If you don’t mind me commenting on your setup, I think your mic is the weakest part of it.
You have very unique commentary! Make it easier for us to understand it!
Really looking forward to seeing more of these!

Yeah the echo was pretty appalling I must say Definitely gonna get that taken care of. My next question for everyone is should I try to mount a camera focused on just the two upper playfields, or set another one more at player pov looking up the playfield from the flippers?

2 weeks later
#3049 2 years ago
SNL-More-Cowbell (resized).jpgSNL-More-Cowbell (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3849 2 years ago

Hey everybody! The new code is officially out, so you can all go get your Don't Fear the Reaper goodness. Play the hell out of it and get us some feedback!

PS, if we don't answer for about 3 hours it's cause we're seeing The Batman

#4211 2 years ago

Hey guys, just letting y'all know there is a 1.06B update uploaded to the website for Halloween with some bug fixes. Thought I posted this yesterday but I guess it didn't send. Enjoy!

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The .pkg file is all you need on the drive. Just make sure it's named correctly...if you download multiple copies your computer will sometimes add a (1) to the file. The Linux system cannot read parenthesis.

You're in France and you're still checking Pinside right now Go enjoy vacation! Or at least answer in French

#4255 2 years ago

If you go to the game support page on our website there will be restore instructions on there for you. If that doesn't work you can always contact support!

Quoted from PinRush72:

I’m sure that I’ve seen this but don’t have time to go through thread to find it. If this screen is here after update and won’t load game did something go wrong? What do I do from here? Thanks
[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

And I have Tales From the Crypt across from those.
[quoted image]

That's a spooky lineup for sure. Awesome choice of games!

#4728 2 years ago

We definitely got slowed down for a bit as we were waiting to receive boards. But we never stopped building games throughout that time and have finally got them in. A massive amount of games are being cleared and heading out the door now!
Thank you for your patience everybody.

Hoping to see everyone at MGC and Pinfest in the next upcoming weeks.

1 month later
#5946 1 year ago

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on youtube for everyone who wants to see.

The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

Is there a plan to add an auto plunge and a hold start to reset game feature to this game for those who have it on location?

Fawzma is sitting across the table from me coding the autoplunge in right now! We'll likely throw a 1.07A up in the near future here with a couple fixes and this feature as well. As far as the game restart at the start button goes, this was implemented in a previous code update so it should be there for you. At the start of a new ball hold the start button for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'll reset to ball 1. In the patch we do, we will put this as an option in the menu.

2 months later
#7947 1 year ago

Hey everybody! Be sure to tune into Facebook Live this Saturday at 10 AM Central Time for our Q&A session we'll be doing. Bring your coffee, bring your questions, and let's have fun in our Saturday morning Spooktacular!!

#8048 1 year ago

Hey everybody! Just a reminder that we'll be going live on Facebook tomorrow morning at 10AM Central to do a fun Q&A hangout. If you can't make it, feel free to send those questions in to us on Facebook or Pinside! See you there

2 weeks later
#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hey - it could be worse …. Here’s one from a Whirlwind I bought last year.
rd[quoted image]

Usually we just ask Spooky DJ to fix it. But this might just be a swap.

#8704 1 year ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Debating where to have Nick Castle sign my game. Apron, back glass, a plastic, lockdown bar and then 2k it.
Any thoughts.

Luke Peters is right, definitely the shooter lane knife! Easy to remove and will look cool going up the side of your playfield.

#8888 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Halloween is just 6 weeks away…hopefully new code is soon! Anyone have any hints on what the new animations look like, or what the new code might have in it?

I know what the new animations look like

#8999 1 year ago

Hey guys. We're on top of the missing plaques and will be sending those out ASAP!!

#9001 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

You might want to clarify if BSE owners are getting a non numbered plaque also, some are saying it was promised on launch.

The BSE owners WILL in fact be getting a numbered plaque yes! Also, every time I see you post in here I get hungry for the box of Frankenberry that is in my cupboard.

#9234 1 year ago

That'd be the right spinner rubber on the House upper playfield! If you email [email protected] we can send that out right away.

Quoted from hammerhorror:

Does anyone know where this rubber could have come from? It must have broke overnight and was laying on the upper most playfield near the staircase. I can't seem to find where it belongs.
I included a picture of the upper playfield in hopes that someone will spot where it belongs. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

A new Spooky Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday The 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Childs Play, Evil Dead, Hell Raiser, Saw, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Beetlejuice, IT, Poltergeist, Night of The Living Dead, Little Shop of Horrors…. would be badass next to Halloween!!

Do you want those each individually over thirteen years or all thirteen on one layout next year?

1 week later
#10281 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

How responsive is Spooky when you have an issue or a question?

Pretty responsive

1 month later
#11388 1 year ago

That had to be a record for fastest upload to pinside from Facebook!
Really excited for you guys to see the new code. Anyone in the Cincinnati area come hang out with us at Pincinnati!!

#11391 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any hints on the new code????

Those movie clips are gonna be looking much nicer, and there may even be some new ones. Keep an eye out for them

1 week later
#11881 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Could a timer like mechanic for Sanitarium be implemented as well since that mode takes over the game and screen/music when it's on and feels like only way to end it is to finish the mode or ball drain?

Absolutely, a lot of the modes need timers, or shots to be moved after a set amount of time since people tend to get stuck on certain shots.

1 week later
#12100 1 year ago

Hey guys! Sorry it took a little extra time to get the Halloween video out. Scooby launch had us all really busy. Just confirming that yes, I will still be doing videos for each code update on Halloween and Ultraman. That's not changing! Enjoy the video

#12168 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Agree. Really wish Fear The Reaper would rock loud and not fade quiet for callouts and other things.

I'm sure we could still adjust this and try to improve it. Be sure to email [email protected] with feedback like this!

2 months later
#12932 1 year ago

Enjoy everybody!

3 months later
#14560 10 months ago

Hey everyone! It is officially that time, the newest Halloween code is live on the support page, and I of course have a video tutorial for the new expert mode right here for you! Hope you all enjoy!

2 months later
#15451 8 months ago

Hey guys! I'm going to be streaming NEW Halloween Code tomorrow night on Twitch at 7PM Central. I'll also be doing a Q&A session afterwards, so bring your questions!

We've got some really cool new features in this update, hope to see you there! https://www.twitch.tv/spookypinball

#15481 8 months ago

Thank you so much to everybody who joined in for the stream tonight! I'm very happy to report that our first Halloween stream was our BIGGEST stream we've done yet! You guys are great, enjoy the new code!

7 months later
#16948 17 hours ago

I've got the battery swap video for the UpBoard here! It is also officially on our Youtube channel now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookybug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=spookybug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.