IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

#80 here, hoping for a pre-Halloween miracle.

2 weeks later
#129 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

NOTE this is not the full depth of the rules nor do we show mention everything in the game! Will be doing another video with the next update showing and explaining more!

Looks awesome! I’m digging the mode select.

#169 2 years ago

Just got my email. #80

1 week later
#295 2 years ago

#80 invoiced

2 weeks later
#611 2 years ago

#80 going on the truck today.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

I just received an e-mail from Spooky saying that mine would not be out for delivery until next week. I'm number #70 by the way. This is after receiving e-mails 2 weeks ago that it would ship last week or either this week. Not sure how #80 is hipped out before #70?

Could be a number of factors. No worries, it will arrive shortly.

I posted my status so everyone can kind of get a rough idea where Spooky is at. I didn’t mean to cause hurt feelings for anyone waiting for their game. Spooky is cranking them out as quickly as possible! Relax and have a cold one.

BC8E8E04-2B5E-4C9D-97BA-E0436ACEB19E.gifBC8E8E04-2B5E-4C9D-97BA-E0436ACEB19E.gif
#822 2 years ago

Just talked to the shipper. #80 loaded on the truck a bit late, but on the way now and should be here in two days. Looks like Spooky is working into the 90s and then triple digits.

CAD2C7B6-A72E-45A4-8D70-A6A2C36B90C0.gifCAD2C7B6-A72E-45A4-8D70-A6A2C36B90C0.gif
#972 2 years ago

That’s cool. Sean Clark is an amazing wealth of knowledge and he has a ton of cool shit. I encourage you guys to check out his YouTube channel, and he has many extras on horror blu rays where he goes back to original filming locations.

#975 2 years ago

There is absolutely blood in Halloween, just not a lot. Same with Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They’re iconic ‘slashers,’ but without the gore.

#1000 2 years ago

The night no one comes home (or goes to work)

B51CE795-23D4-42B8-B990-31AEE5575E28 (resized).jpegB51CE795-23D4-42B8-B990-31AEE5575E28 (resized).jpeg
#1009 2 years ago

Game is set up!

The powdercoat is amazing and compliments the art nicely. The backglass has some subtle sparkle and the whole topper is lit up. I have about 1/2” of clearance to the ceiling at 88”.

Game shoots great, a few jumpy balls but it should calm down. No knife handle rod yet.

The Spooky crew probably had a few too many IPAs and forgot my power cord, but I’m sure Iron Maiden won’t mind if I borrowed. I called AJ and a new cord should be on the way.

This one’s a winner!
8608A13F-C9FD-45F5-839B-F190B2F57B2E (resized).jpeg8608A13F-C9FD-45F5-839B-F190B2F57B2E (resized).jpeg582CAD01-5A6D-4138-89E6-C29A29C94CF0 (resized).jpeg582CAD01-5A6D-4138-89E6-C29A29C94CF0 (resized).jpeg6CF8C6B8-8E89-4AD5-AA37-385556035C10 (resized).jpeg6CF8C6B8-8E89-4AD5-AA37-385556035C10 (resized).jpegC6FA492E-27F4-46E4-9983-9A0F81A0F3F5 (resized).jpegC6FA492E-27F4-46E4-9983-9A0F81A0F3F5 (resized).jpegCE187C1E-F095-4545-B299-665A606B504F (resized).jpegCE187C1E-F095-4545-B299-665A606B504F (resized).jpeg

#1014 2 years ago

This is a Halloween thread, but thanks! I enjoy powder on all my games.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1024 2 years ago

Things I enjoy so far:
- The lightshow is amazing
- The music and sound effects are nice and tie in with the mood
- Flow baby!
- The ball will appear where I don’t expect it, so you never really feel safe
- I actually like the animations… a fully CGI Michael Myers would likely look silly, so the Quick Time clips are fine (for now)
- The art (duh)
- The powdercoat on the ramps and other metal parts is great

Nitpicks:
- The callouts need a ton more variety… lots of constantly repeating voice clips
- The Donald Pleasance sound alike is fine, but used waaaaay too much and his voice is super loud; the PJ Soles callouts are still quiet
- One of the signs was held on with tape and fell off after 5 plays or so
- Some of the movie clips are cut short
- I’d like another way to get to the house other than blood or spamming the center ramp; seems like a huge chunk of real estate to only use sparingly

Anyway, the game is a ton of fun and Team Spooky should be proud. Just keep them updates coming!

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

What code are you running? On the latest code, to complete the Bob & Linda mode, you need to go to the top pf and across to progress to the next step of the mode. It’s a very cool use of the upper pf.

How can you tell the code version? I’m running whatever version it shipped with, and I was going to update with the next code drop.

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The version is shown in the menu. Also noticed a bug that once it shows up the Laurie/Michael Health meter never goes away.
One decent game so far without really knowing what I'm doing. And a lot of movie clips in this version.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see that, so I'm guessing I have earlier code.

Edit: The game shipped with 1.01

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone have that 1.02 code they could send? Spooky took it down a few days back and 1.03 still not available. I imagine it was bugged but I'd like to check it out still.

Copied from their Facebook page. This was the Halloween code update, so I’m not sure if this is 1.02 or 1.03.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1ejyduH9eE3Fnq4zm6dJgDjtkWRxJY_/view?fbclid=IwAR0DWrFzr4lYEPHBew0FwdOhvNu140brnIlufKzoLfuYx4is4Rapf2OP_Qw

#1051 2 years ago

I’m getting some rejects on the left ramp. It seems the screws are kind of janky. Anyone else have this? If so, tips on lifting the playfield to fix?

61E8FCEE-162B-4526-A333-8B39CB50E9F4 (resized).jpeg61E8FCEE-162B-4526-A333-8B39CB50E9F4 (resized).jpeg
#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I am a total newb to tweaking pins, but I would try to just tighten them lightly first.
As far as lifting the playfield, it is just like any other pin. Lots of YouTube videos have helped me.

I meant lifting the upper playfield. You can’t access the screws to tighten without lifting some stuff.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Here is a pic of mine. The are easy to access. Especially at the angle they put mine in.
I am not getting rejects. [quoted image]

Thanks, I’ll give it another look.

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Another poster pointed this out to Spooky in post #34 in this thread.

Yikes, yeah, same thing two months ago.

As an early adopter, I expect normal tweaking and dealing with some issues. I’ll fix this and move on, no big deal. But going forward, this is a problem to address.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

And hats off to Doug - the Etsy mod he came up with for the topper is a must have. Looks awesome. The final product will look great once I get the remaining pumpkin pieces.

That’s cool. I wouldn’t mind a mod that covers the servo motor.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It’s a long one so here we go:
After playing it all afternoon, I gotta say this game is a fun one! Much faster than I expected and the subways (which were a huge concern) aren’t that bad at all. Maybe a tad slow from the pumpkin, but overall does not sour my opinion. It’s something different which is especially cool if you have multiple games in your lineup as I like variety. The left side was also a concern, but it isn’t bad. Do wish there was a tad more variety on that side or that maybe the middle hedge shot the ball back out or something, but it is what it is. Ramps are fairly easy to hit and the center ramp is a lot steeper. My screws do stick out and look shoddy, so I’m hoping to get an upgraded ramp that Luke mentioned above. Definitely can see those chipping away at the ball. Slings are fast and tight which I like and the flippers are very Stern-like. Fast and snappy which is awesome! The orbits are fast as hell as well as the 180 ramp to Sanatarium. Both of the mini playfields play great and are a lot of fun. Have had my ball stuck in the bottom right of the sanatarium between the post and rubber so I need to address that somehow.
As for cosmetics, the game is F’n stunning! The bare LED’s look great - and aren’t blinding at all. I see no reason why anyone would want to turn them down. Looking forward to seeing the light shows develop as we progress. Very cool possibility’s here. My #78 does have the hedge multiball insert “debatable” lighting style. It looks like the artwork is intended so as the insert is going behind the hedge so think what you will of that. Doesn’t bother me one bit and all the whining seems quite overblown when you are actually standing in front of the machine. If I must question something I guess it would be the lighting insert shape for the pumpkin nose - a hexagon cutout for a triangle nose does look kinda odd. Petty concern like the above I know, and that can easily be fixed by 3D printing a triangle within a hex plug. minor and I mean minor stuff here…. Decals are vibrant and look outstanding and I love the artwork. Backglass is vibrant and does have a little up close sparkle to it which is nice. Would have gone butter to complete the package if it were cheaper but I couldn’t justify $1K for it (pinball budget is blown as I also picked up a GNR LE this week (which is also badass))
Love the Gold Vein powdercoating, and also eagerly awaiting the knife handle shooter - will be a great touch. Also gotta mention the pumpkin side rails and lit speakers look badass. The whole package is stellar. Sounds good too as I believe this game has a bigger cab speaker. May add a klipsch 12”sub down the road too.
Perhaps I am biased since I love the original Halloween so much. To really love this game you gotta love the original film or else you just won’t “get it”.
This game will shine as the code progresses. There is so much that they will be adding that it will be a blast to see how this game progresses. Definitely Hoping for more modes. I’ll be enjoying the ride in this one as it matures.
***Would like to know how to put more than 3 initials in my high scores - can’t find that option in the menu.
I had my concerns, but those have all gone away. Different style game no doubt but I like it and to have #78 is the perfect icing in the cake. For me, it’s a keeper and Not going anywhere. Great Job Spooky!

I don’t disagree with any of it. Nicely put. Enjoy!

#1129 2 years ago

The topper knife kept falling off, and I didn’t have a hex wrench small enough to tighten the screw.

I purchased a Tekton wrench kit, and the right size is the long arm 0.050.

Posted in case anyone else has this issue. Easy fix with the right tool.
60FDF24C-D963-41E6-BE3C-4ED6A7123CF0 (resized).jpeg60FDF24C-D963-41E6-BE3C-4ED6A7123CF0 (resized).jpegEFB23EAB-B13B-4249-98D2-33CAD209ACEA (resized).jpegEFB23EAB-B13B-4249-98D2-33CAD209ACEA (resized).jpeg

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sounds like another one is coming really soon that is just basically a whole pile of bug fixes!

Ha, I’m on 1.01, and if I hear ‘You ever done anything like this before?’ one more time, I’m gonna punch a baby!

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So remind me: what is the butter cab again?

Clearcoated direct print cabinet. $1000 add-on.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Has anybody contacted Spooky about the ramp fix?

I have a ramp, power cord and LED strip on the way.

#1231 2 years ago

Man, lots of bugs with 1.02. I sent many to Bug, but there are a few that prevent you from progressing. Sanitarium mode won’t leave the drop target down, so the mode never ends. The house mode won’t time out, and if stacked with Bob and Linda, there’s nothing you can do but drain to get out of the mode.

Hopefully the next update with address these bugs. I thought 1.01 was pretty stable.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’ve been playing 1.03 beta and it’s way better. It should be available soon.

Awesome, that’s what I figured. I know they’re all over it.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Where is the best place to find these? I am hitting a wall doing a generic search at some pinball supplies websites. Might be searching the wrong terms though.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1270 2 years ago

Rules flowchart is up. Code is still 1.02. Maybe tomorrow…

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#1292 2 years ago

Is there a spare 12V connector in the backbox or cabinet? I was thinking of adding lit flipper buttons, I just need the molex and spare connector.

https://www.pinballlife.com/britemods-store.html

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I thought it was back there but just wanted to confirm. Thank you!

Check inside the cabinet towards the front. I have a USB extender by the coin door so I can update from there.

#1333 2 years ago

Installed the new ramp. Roughly 10,000x better. No rejects.

9097D704-77C7-4ECB-89E1-2E9F20B9F6B7 (resized).jpeg9097D704-77C7-4ECB-89E1-2E9F20B9F6B7 (resized).jpeg
#1335 2 years ago

Just two screws at the bottom. Easy off, easy on. You don’t need to remove anything.

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good to hear it isn't a tough install. I'm still very much a novice with tweaks and repairs. I made the mistake of first getting into pinball when my son was a newborn and now I have a second newborn lol. So I've never had much time to focus on dialing in my machines.
Hoping mine might come with the new ramp, it's being delivered next Tuesday, but not expecting it to be.

Awesome, congratulations on multiple fronts! Even if you get an old ramp, you could probably hold your breath and change out the new one without a problem. All you need is a screwdriver. Remove four screws, remove the ramp, install new ramp, install two screws, and play! Nothing to remove.

Now, tweaking the demogorgon in Stranger Things about put me in the asylum...

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

2. Middle Ramp- Way too many rejects, ball struggles to hit the top.

Send a picture. If it’s the old style, you’ll need a new ramp.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There is no modified middle ramp

Sorry, I meant the left ramp.

#1440 2 years ago

News on V1.03? You can’t progress past Sanitarium with the current code.

I like the current direction, though!

#1486 2 years ago

Theme integration is great, and the team behind the game is passionate about improvements. They also listen to the community. I won’t be selling mine.

However, if IE Pinball was running 1.02, I understand. There are modes (Sanitarium, House Attack) that will not let you progress. If you make 3 center ramp shots, you’re stuck unless you drain. If you start Sanitarium, you’re stuck unless you drain.

I know future updates will squash these bugs, but they’re unfortunate and put a damper on an otherwise great experience.

#1490 2 years ago

To end Sanitarium, you have to go through the scoop… but the drop target won’t stay down.

Quoted from delt31:

I don't understand this. The current code is broken with Sanitarium and House Attack? I recall playing those on location with no issues so maybe the new code broke it? Weird.

1.01 was great. No huge issues. 1.02 introduced some serious bugs.

I don’t want to bash code, though. I really like the game and it will get better. As an early adopter, I expected this. All part of the journey.

#1500 2 years ago

The lower LED strip went out. Spooky sent a replacement, easy install. Took me maybe 20 minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. The most time consuming part was the new zip ties.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

So the lighting strips are all held on with zip ties?

The LED strip is adhesive, but secured with zip ties. Once installed, you can’t see them.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Mine came in today! I got the butter cab and dear god is it beautiful. I got to play a couple games. I noticed it came loaded with 1.03. Now if I start a game it reboots every time. when we were playing it would reboot pretty often when you got it in the sanitarium scoop. I’ll reach out to spooky about the constant reboots. It’s unfortunately unplayable as of right now.

I’m sure Spooky will get you going. Sucks, but congrats on the game!

1 week later
#1611 2 years ago

I have this one on Elvira. It’s cast resin and hand painted vs a flat plastic. And it’s cheaper than the other one! Lots of options if you like this stuff.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/elvira-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods/products/red-dripping-blood-shooter-housing-mod
23B99169-DBB3-4EBC-A28B-F5E16BD39BE9 (resized).jpeg23B99169-DBB3-4EBC-A28B-F5E16BD39BE9 (resized).jpeg

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

The battle of the bloody shooter rods has begun!

Ha! Fun fact… Back Alley Matt is the guy who molded the toys on Halloween. So, support the guy that made the peek-a-boo Michael!

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Code 1.04 for Halloween and Ultraman will drop Friday evening!
Heavy on Bug fixes for HW. Following update will be heavy on content again!
Heavy on content for Ultraman clips, meters, sound effects, callouts, text, etc!
Should have many of the major HW bugs solved.

#1637 2 years ago

My $3 pingulp mod!

609D1905-C9A8-4F60-89C6-082DB805DB7C (resized).jpeg609D1905-C9A8-4F60-89C6-082DB805DB7C (resized).jpeg
#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm curious what the KISS box is??

Ha, that was a gift from a family friend. She hand painted a white cabinet with some Kiss pinball stuff on it. I keep my random pinball shit in there.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Major bug if confirmed - After updating to 1.04 and getting the house multiball going, any balls that go into the pumpkin scoop just stay there, and ball search doesn't find them.
I also had a ball locked on the secret skillshot and it didn't release after I drained. Ball search doesn't drop the target.
And I had the game reboot once while I was shooting in the house. This is the first reboot I've seen since I got it a month ago and have been on 1.03 the entire time before today.

Same. Game rebooted mid-game. That’s never happened before. I also drained with a ball in the ball lock and it didn’t release. Ball search didn’t clear it.

I like the new instructions, but I wish House Attack timed out. Three shots to the center ramp and you’re in House Attack. There is nothing else for you to do other than drain or complete the mode.

And, if you knock down the drop targets to start a mode but you’re doing something else, a shot to the pumpkin starts Mode 1. Not sure if that’s intentional.

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The only other code issue I've noticed is that it sometimes goes into Death in the Drivers Seat automatically for some reason.

Yup

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After looking at other owners machines I’m starting to think my top upper pf house flipper is in the wrong position. How exactly should it be positioned? Here is mine. Should it test against the bottom wall so it needs to be further down?
[quoted image]

It should be flush. That’s not right.

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

#110 has arrived !!!!
Should I trust this delivery guy?
How much should I tip ?
[quoted image]

Don’t forget to grab him a beer.

#1867 2 years ago

V1.04b is up.

FIXED mode select could start while ball was on playfield.
FIXED judith lock would not release ball on last ball drain if you let the full lock animation play out
FIXED mid playfield drop target unnecessary resets
FIXED upper drop target resets on ball start

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

When your ceiling height sucks but you need that sweet stabbing action…[quoted image]

That’s awesome! I was sweating my ceiling height, but fortunately, I had plenty of room. At least a good 1/8”.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have not seen the first problem. I have, very occasionally, had a random ball save without draining. This has only happened maybe 3 times since I had the machine and on different code revs, so I think it's just a very intermittent issue with my machine. I'm guessing I have a slightly sensitive outlane or trough switch.
The second is how the game works. If a main mode (house, hedge, or sanitarium) is running, landing in a lit pumpkin scoop will auto-select a mode rather than having you choose. That said, it currently only selects Drivers Seat...no matter if you've already played and finished it or not. I believe that part is a bug and it will eventually be either random or select the next easiest unplayed mode.

The mode is actually called ‘Death in the Driver Seat,’ which I think is a typo.

It should be ‘Death in the Driver’s Seat.’

#2040 2 years ago

My biggest issue continues to be that the house mode puts the game at a dead stop. Even starting a mode during house attack keeps the house music going, making you feel like that’s all there is. There’s no timing out of it.

For future updates, I’d concentrate on how the game handles stacking and improving the on screen display instructions. The font is way too small, and callouts don’t offer instruction with some modes. It’s a little disjointed now.

Having said that, I love hedge multiball and the incidental modes. It’s a shooter’s game, definitely.

#2053 2 years ago

Typo alert!

D9921CB8-0B72-4440-AF48-471F2A78E479 (resized).jpegD9921CB8-0B72-4440-AF48-471F2A78E479 (resized).jpeg
#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m not seeing it?

Series, not serias

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Please if someone can assist me.
Where is the exact route to check the code version.
I have supposedly updated to 1.04 but cannot find any visual clue that I have updated.
What menu do I need to go on to check this. Please if someone can provide me with the exact route, button combo.
At a friends house checking this and would like to resolve now.
Thanks

Open the coin door. Push the menu button. The code version will be listed at the top.

1 week later
#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There will be an additional expert level one in the coming update! We have a bunch more modes to come as well in the future. Atleast 1 more scoop mode and 2 wizard modes, added multiball etc

Awesome, that would be welcome. I’d love a better way to stack, frenzy mode, earning an extra ball, etc. Everything seems to be coming along nicely, though.

#2256 2 years ago

Updating now, perfect timing!

Early thoughts:
Stalker mode is awesome! I have no idea how I started it though. Love the music. I also appreciate the end of mode score summary. No drop target resets after the skill shot, thank you!

Bugs? Sanitarium timed out on the screen, though the mode kept going.

Great update, the game is starting take Shape.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Stalker starts at the pumpkin scoop after you play two pumpkin modes. You will know it's ready because the insert will be flashing blue. You will also be unable to qualify a new pumpkin mode until after you play it.
It is an awesome mode!
Also, in case no one has noticed, Death in the Drivers Seat will no longer autostart over and over during main modes if you have already beaten it. It will now move on to the next lowest unbeaten mode, as it was meant to be.

Ha, yeah I watched the video and finally figured it out. I wasn’t sure what to expect when the pumpkin started flashing blue, so it was a pretty neat surprise.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here is a pic of what another owner installed - I thought that powdered shoot plate came from you guys? If it didn’t, maybe he bought it from the source you’re talking about? Can you include the info of the source so others can pursue? I def want the shooter plate to match considering the coin door is powdered already. Thanks
[quoted image]

Same. I'd like to pick up the powdered plate when the knife handle arrives.

#2340 2 years ago

I was having some issues with the three center drop targets either not dropping all the way or not dropping at all with a solid hit. No issues with the other drops.

I pulled the springs and discovered the center drops have a shorter spring than the other three separate drops. I switched springs and sure enough, the single drop springs worked great. I reached out to Spooky for new center drop target springs.

There was a similar issue with the Scolari brothers drops in GB fixed with new springs.

Edit: The good spring, as confirmed by Spooky, is a 10-364.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html

25EF76A9-1201-49C7-8089-F6811B089919 (resized).jpeg25EF76A9-1201-49C7-8089-F6811B089919 (resized).jpeg

#2356 2 years ago

Thoughts after two months of ownership:

Things I don’t like:
- Modes don’t have memory. I have to start from scratch if I fail a mode. Frustrating, not fun.
- Some modes time out, others don’t.
- LCD animations. I’m fine with the static frames, but the font is way too small. Instructions are difficult to read on the fly.
- Not all the shots are utilized in each mode. I enjoy games where every shot will lead me to a goal (IMDN, EHOH). This is a sharpshooter game, for better or worse.
- Many of the transitions are sloppy (Hedge multiball).
- The three Michaels on the left. It’s redundant. One would have been cool.
- Lit shots are unclear sometimes. Is purple good or bad? Is green good? Red? I don’t know.
- Dr. Loomis sound-alike. He’s fine in small doses, but he’s always talking. When I drain, he congratulates me on my survival. Hmmm.
- The Easy mode (II) is really tough, and the Hard mode (VI) is super easy.

What I like:
- The music is totally immersive. It puts you in the Halloween movie.
- The mechs are good, especially the house ramp to the magnet. Very satisfying.
- I’m fine with the bare LEDs. I think a diffuser would help, but they’re integrated well.
- PJ Soles callouts. She was in the movie, and I’d like more callouts from her.
- Stalker Mode. Nice touch.
- The flow. It’s unique, not ST flowy, but a nice mix of smooth and stop/aim.

What I love:
- The art. My God, it’s gorgeous.
- Spooky’s passion to make the best game possible. They’re responsive and own their mistakes.
- The powdercoated speaker covers, ramps and wireforms. Nice attention to detail.
- The topper. It’s the first thing I show everyone.
- The payoff after Mode II.
- The RGB lighting. Fantastic lightshow all around.
- The joy of playing as a true Halloween fan. You can tell Spooky are fans as well and want to make this an amazing experience.
- Spooky’s response time to any issues.
- Did I mention the art? Stunning.
- The sculpts. Kudos to Back Alley Matt. The pumpkin, tombstone and Michael figures are top notch.
- This game is loaded. Four flippers, four scoops, six drops, multiple subways, magnet, four ramps, two spinners, two upper playfields, RGB lighting, the list goes on.

To anyone waiting on their game, you’re in for a treat. Be patient, it will only get better!

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

- If all all shots were used for every mode then all modes would feel the same. Even EHOH which you referenced does not require every shot for every mode. One mode is just orbits, another is just pops, another is center ramp and drop target, another is alternating ramps etc.

Fair, but that’s 100% personal preference. HWN is a sharpshooter game. I enjoy game games where even if I miss a shot, I’ll move towards something (Gappa Angry in EHOH, Super Ramps, Super Orbits in IMDN, etc).

Not a knock against the game at all, I just don’t like wasted shots.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I didn't get a chance to tear into yet but the RGB strip went out on the lowest strip behind the tombstone. Anyone locate the fuse for that yet?

No fuse. You have a bad LED strip. My lower one has gone out twice, and I’ve replaced it twice. Reach out to Spooky and they will send you a new one.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My lower is out right now. Why is the lower one going out?

The LED strips are just normal RGB strips with a 4 plug connector. They’re cheap, and it’s kind of a roll of the dice if you get a bad one. If one light goes out, the rest after go out.

It’s an easy replacement, maybe 15 minutes and a few zip ties. Annoying, for sure, but not a biggie.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I had an occurrence where I completed House Attack, completed 2 modes and was in my 3rd, and started Hedge MB. I'm not sure if I got all of the shots in my 3rd mode, but once Hedge ended, nothing was lit except combos on the loops. I went into the scoop, but nothing happened. I played Judith MB and when that ended, only the combos were lit. Wanted to post, as it's possibly a bug.

I thought that was a bug as well, but I believe it's intentional. You raise the three drop targets by hitting combos.

Meaning, you start and finish a mode. The center drops don't automatically raise *unless* you hit a certain number of combos. The combo amount goes up after each completed mode. I think I've missed this because my ball times have been shit and the center drops raise with each new ball, but I had a decent game last night with multiple completed modes. I was only able to raise the center drops by hitting combos.

Anyway, I'm sure there's someone smarter than me who can confirm.

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I'm sorry, but those zip ties holding all the strip lights in place looks really tacky and not what I would expect to see in a $10k machine.
I like to sit on a barstool when playing and I'm hoping my lower position (vs. standing) doesn't result in me being blinded by those LEDs.
Before you all give me a hard time, I'm #251 and am (im)patiently waiting for mine.

You can barely see them. The LEDs have adhesive, but the zip ties add stability. You can always remove them if they bother you, maybe 15 seconds of effort tops.

#2453 2 years ago

#80 here. No knife handle shooter rod. Spooky, please put me at the bottom of the list, because after careful testing, the game plays fine without it.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The game also plays "fine" without lights and much of anything... thats not the point point is you bought and paid for something... you should get whatever that something is. If you don't care about the shooter rod thats on you... I do care about it because thats what I bought and its important to me.

Okay

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'm more interested in getting the new left ramp without the screws that I requested be sent along with the knife handle when those came in.

I have an extra ramp with no screws. One was mistakenly sent to my old address. If you pm me your address, I’ll send it to you.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Thanks, but I'll just email spooky and see if they can include the left ramp, plus the other upgraded house ramp I didn't know about, along with the knife handle. Are there any other upgraded parts I should request? I think someone mentioned the springs on the 3 center drop targets were the wrong size. Hard hits on those don't drop them a lot of the time, and I was going to try to figure that out at some point. I did have the rubber break on the upper playfield next to the Michael spinner, but I replaced that with a spare.

10-364 is the spring number you need. I wouldn’t bother them with that, just the ramp fix. Just pick up a few 10-364 springs from pinballlife with your next order, they’re $0.39.

#2582 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Is there an adult/family setting in the menu like R Zombie?

Yup. The adult mode leads to the payoff after Mode 2. I won't ruin it for ya, but Lynda may ask if you see anything you like.

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Here’s the sticker with all of the info that’s on the back of it. [quoted image]

There’s a bunch on Etsy as well. Just type Strode Realty and you have your pick.

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Wanted to get into the adjustments menu..cant find it..

Open the coin door.

Press the green button to get to the menu and select an option. The black buttons cycle through your options. The red button will exit.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Yes, I know all that . Is there a menu I can't find for like Grand champ credits, sound adjustment, mode difficulty, all that..like a Stern.

No

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Gents,
If I missed this please let me know. I am having trouble with the left and right orbits registering the shot. I am particularly pissed about the right....because I'm not that good of a player but when I hit that juicy bitch the color doesn't change on the knife insert. One of you more experienced pinheads, Please let me know what to do.

I’d go into switch test. Hit the menu button and get to the below screen. Take a pinball and roll it over the flaky switch. If it doesn’t register, get underneath the playfield and adjust the leaf switch. Meaning, there should be good contact when the ball rolls over the switch.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Ok..does yours work at fast speeds?

Yes. It’s possible you have a loose or flaky switch, or the gap is too wide to detect a fast hit. Or, the ball is somehow catching some air before the switch. If you can get the switch to work during test, it’s not the switch. You should be able to narrow it down from there.

1 week later
#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The better I get at this game the more the current code is becoming a problem. Often (on a good game) the game kind of hits a dead end and doesn’t know how to queue up the next mode. The drop targets are all down but the mode start option just isn’t there. You can still play but there is no objective presenting itself. I literally need to drain the current ball to advance the game. Everything resets with the new ball but that isn’t how it should be. I am sure this will be fixed with the next update. I’m not the best player but it is now very noticeable to me. Are others seeing this too?

My experiences have been similar. I also agree that this will all get sorted.

To reset the center drops, I believed you needed to hit a certain number or combos. I’m not sure that’s accurate now after trying the same thing after a few games.

If you’ve played a mode and then started House Attack or Sanitarium, you’re kind of stuck unless you drain.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’ve also heard a big deal was signed - I mentioned it in this thread - had been pushed back but “very close”

Halloween II?

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm excited for you all to see the next update.

Halloween III?????!!!!

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Could just be a new animator - who knows- but how cool would additional movies be

Ha, anything less than all 36 Halloween movies, remakes and reboots crammed into the game will be a crushing disappointment. I’ve got my action dolls ready!

#2944 2 years ago

Got my shooter housing today. Looks great and a perfect match. Up to you if it’s worth the $$$, but I’ll have the game for a while.

2BB48088-03F6-40CD-80E2-1FD3508BA942 (resized).jpeg2BB48088-03F6-40CD-80E2-1FD3508BA942 (resized).jpeg
#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Looks great brother... who did that for you?

Here ya go!

https://www.lanezcustomsteel.com/collection/halloween-color-matched-shooter-rod-housing

Finished product:

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Perfect match! Where did you get the Michael cup holder?

Normal cup holder and a $3 Etsy decal.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Looks great where did you get the blood drips I got one from the Elvira one but yours looks way better

Backalleycreations.com. Matt is closed right now, but Cointaker should have most of his stuff.

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Pardon my ignorance but what scoop are you having issues with? My game is playing near perfect out of the box perhaps I can help in some way.
Jeff

The pumpkin scoop. It's a tough ass shot from the flippers, so a common technique is to get the ball to the upper playfield and let it drain to the scoop.

The only non-invasive fix is to slightly bend the scoop protector. This may allow for an easier shot from the flippers, but it's still a tough shot.

#3050 2 years ago
127016E3-4457-4276-BBAA-73A2B7C2A0AB.gif127016E3-4457-4276-BBAA-73A2B7C2A0AB.gif
#3147 2 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Hey Halloween owners! Congrats on a great looking pin. I did just notice that the "mini" flipper on this pin (and Ultra) is actually a standard flipper or at least that is a standard ring on that bat, not a mini flipper ring. I don't think you could stretch a mini onto that aluminum bat. If it's the same bat as on Alice Cooper, a "low bounce standard" fits perfect. If anyone can confirm I'll correct the kit on our website.
[quoted image]

I have mini SuperBands on the upper flippers. They fit perfectly.

1 week later
#3324 2 years ago

I finally installed 10-364 springs in the center drop targets to fix the rejected hits. Well, the new springs were too powerful and the drop targets wouldn’t fully engage back up. I tried to loosen the new springs a bit, but that didn’t work either.

What I wound up doing was snipping about 1/8” from the old springs to keep the diameter but increase tension slightly.

So far, this seems to work. Drops go down when hit, pop back up after each ball, etc. YMMV

1 week later
#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Anyone elses machine freeze after being on for a bit?

Yup. Mine does this also. I just cycle the power and all is back to normal.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did you report it?

No. I’ve had the lockup issue maybe 10 times, a power cycle does the trick. The game will lock up if it’s been on for a few hours.

I wasn’t hugely concerned with it, and figured it was another gremlin that would be squashed with future updates.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Passed 1000 games today on my machine. Really love this thing and the amazing customer service at spooky

That’s 40 plays a day, every day!

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Lol guess I got a lot of time on my hands. Only had the machine since Jan 19th

Ha, no that's great. It also likely gives Spooky some great data on long-term issues and problem areas. Play on!

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I think I saw someone say something about how to fix the three pop up targets but I can't find the post. They don't always go down when they are hit

After some trial and error, here’s what worked for me: I used the existing spring and cut about 1/8” from each one. This added the right amount of tension while keeping the same spring shape.

If you plan to do this, have a few spare springs ready if it doesn’t work for you or you mess up. This is not a ‘do no harm’ mod as you’ll be cutting stuff, but spare springs are like $0.30.

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm stuck in the middle honestly. At first I was 100% this needs staging (why I added the optos needed for it). Now though as the mode stacking and multiballs progress I've learned that it's actually so nice to have a little delay. Knowing I can tuck a couple balls into the subway and then go for a super jackpot or a hard to hit shot like the right orbit is great. I also think as now more and more modes include all 3 levels it's nice to know it's not insta flying out at you while your trying to play other balls on the tip levels. I see both sides. I think we need to get staging in at some point regardless just to see how it goes over if nothing else.
Overall I would just say I have really enjoyed learning about what is important to some people in a game vs others. Like some people don't care if there are only 6 modes they just want them fun and perfectly polished. Other people don't want us to worry about perfecting until we get 15 modes in the game. Some people would rather have ball staging than a wizard mode etc. Always something to be learned.

I know the owner’s group appreciates the engagement from the Spooky creative team. Having said that, make the call. Do what’s best for the game, even at the expense of losing some fans.

I have strong opinions about where the game should be headed, but it’s your game, and your direction. Innovate, be creative, and make people sorry they sold their game for a loss.

One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Henry Ford when he was developing the automobile assembly line: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

#3652 2 years ago

Typo at 1:10:27

‘PATIENT’ not ‘PATIANT’

#3654 2 years ago

Sorry if I missed the conversation, but did mode memory or mode timers make this update?

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Lol you notice the typo but missed the timers on the screen and them talking about the modes timing out now

Sorry, I was at a funeral and had to watch with the sound off.

#3716 2 years ago

More grammar Nazi comments.

Mode 1 is called ‘Death in the Driver Seat.’ When stacked, the active stack on the screen states ‘Death in the Drivers Seat.’ So, they don’t match. However, both are inaccurate.

Because it’s possessive, there should be an apostrophe.

So, change the mode name to ‘Death in the Driver’s Seat’ and it will be correct.

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Isn't the new music that was unveiled in 1.06 part of rob zombies halloween?

6A3453D1-D959-4998-819D-D550EFDACD9C.gif6A3453D1-D959-4998-819D-D550EFDACD9C.gif
1 week later
#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: We really do want to get the code in your hands.

Take your time! Squash them bugs (and fix them typos).

#3921 2 years ago

Updated successfully. Some good tweaks.

Still no mode memory? The game didn’t carry mode progression after I re-started a failed mode. This is disappointing as you need three fully finished modes for the Jack O Lantern multiball.

Also, the modes timed out (I believe) but I didn’t hear any callouts or see a timer. I may have missed something.

‘Patients’ typo fixed, but the ‘Driver Seat’ thing remains. I’ll get over it.

A few bugs with red Xs present on the screen during a video clip and some carryover animations.

Coming along nicely!

#3931 2 years ago

Early thoughts:

Extra ball from finishing two modes! That’s a welcome update.

Restarting modes with white combo shots seems to be working nicely.

Escape the Kitchen lighting is awesome. This mode had a timer, but no audio countdown.

Jack O Lantern multiball is incredible. I wasn’t sure how well Don’t Fear the Reaper would fit, but it’s perfect. The orange lighting is great.

The shaker combined with the blood countdown is pretty neat.

Earned my first extra ball through blood. 12 is perfect.

Ended with 63 million, my best score by far. Started every mode, and drained twice because the left ramp threw the ball in the outlane.

Question on Jack O Lantern multiball. The screen says three modes need to be finished, but I finished two and was able to start. Is this correct?
6351F57A-26AC-407E-A72E-F0A6D4A7C92E (resized).jpeg6351F57A-26AC-407E-A72E-F0A6D4A7C92E (resized).jpeg

#4056 2 years ago

Woah, I finished all of the incidental modes, hit the scoop, and… flippers went dead. The wizard mode isn’t coded yet, but I’ll certainly never have a game like that again!

7FDF735D-190F-4C80-8A79-468679BF686D (resized).jpeg7FDF735D-190F-4C80-8A79-468679BF686D (resized).jpeg
#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Nice... I'm sure you can do it again though, stay positive.
Jeff

Yeah, the great thing about the latest code is incentive to finish the modes.

Two finished modes = extra ball
Finished modes = Blood towards another extra ball; 25 was too many with 1.05, but 12 is perfect with 1.06

As expected, the game is really taking Shape. The modes are fun, the new multiball is a hoot, and the added sound effects are clutch.

#4219 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

An oddity I noticed on 1.06 and 1.06b is when selecting some of the modes it quick triggers two right flipper flips. The first few times I thought I had inadvertently pressed the button, but now confirmed it is indeed flipping itself without a button press.
Was anyone else getting that behavior?

This is intentional. It’s intended to warn new players that the ball will exit from the right inlane.

SpookyBug Bug with 1.06b. Extra ball from two modes complete. Started Hedge Multiba and the mode kept spitting out extra balls with unlimited ball saver. I spent a few minutes in multiball and finally it stopped spitting out extra balls.

#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Really enjoying this game. Is there a way to turn up the music volume and turn down the call out volume? It doesn't look like a setting exists. The reaper is really low for me.

The sound is super funky during this mode. I think they’ll address it with a code update. They should have mixed it with Dubly.

1 week later
#4602 2 years ago

TPF blood

1 week later
#4792 2 years ago

Look what showed up today! I’ll install tonight and report back. It’s built super solid and looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ll use the pumpkin patch thing.

D5C1C4EE-6A86-454D-9C11-2AC0D3885126 (resized).jpegD5C1C4EE-6A86-454D-9C11-2AC0D3885126 (resized).jpeg
#4794 2 years ago

Okay, install done. I modified a bit from the instructions.

For some reason, I couldn’t find the access hole underneath the playfield. My game seemed different than the pictures. Instead, I routed the cable behind the backboard and then underneath. This was much easier. Hopefully the Velcro will hold up. Pictures attached.

Anyway, the mod is super fun and I won’t spoil the surprises on the screen. Let’s just say Ghost Bob might say hello.

59F501FB-51AC-4E32-A48E-B7F63726E264 (resized).jpeg59F501FB-51AC-4E32-A48E-B7F63726E264 (resized).jpeg8B0F5ECF-8016-4DB5-81AB-C342016877D3 (resized).jpeg8B0F5ECF-8016-4DB5-81AB-C342016877D3 (resized).jpegA3048FC5-0009-4A00-AE57-D5004F85F5BA (resized).jpegA3048FC5-0009-4A00-AE57-D5004F85F5BA (resized).jpegAAA16CD3-3C97-40FE-A447-C02EA7C80D5B (resized).jpegAAA16CD3-3C97-40FE-A447-C02EA7C80D5B (resized).jpeg
#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am thinking of adding some brown or black wash to the roof to make it a little spookier..

Yeah, I may do something similar. The mod itself is put together really well, but it’s very bright. The house is movie accurate (also white), but clashes a bit with the adjacent brown mold.

#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm scared to ask, how much is that mod?

Less than the game has depreciated

1 week later
#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

It’s the Warlock from Cemetary Gates.
[quoted image]

Yup, that’s the Part 2 mask. It always looked slightly wider to me, but very distinctive from the first movie.

This video always blows my mind. Tommy Lee Wallace goes through the entire process of making a screen accurate mask in like 5 minutes. The crew from the original movie didn’t have any money, so they had to get creative. Good stuff.

#4952 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

#480 is Home.
[quoted image]

Great lineup!

1 week later
#5519 1 year ago

Adult mode = Lynda flashes her hoots.

Once you’re clear of the upper playfield, you’ll need to complete some standups and the ramp. She’ll do her thing once you complete the second to last shot.

If you’re busy trying not to die, the associated callout is, “See anything you like?”

Great mode

#5632 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Is this a really easy change? I’ve never changed anything on a pinball machine but I have to imagine this is as simple as it gets and want to change these out as mine don’t always drop.

Easy is a relative term. If you’re new and have never messed with a pinball machine, I’d be very careful.

I’d recommend you lift the playfield and check out the drop target mech. Take a look at the springs. The outer springs are easy to access, but the middle one will require you to unscrew the entire mech. If you feel comfortable, give it a shot. If it looks too intimidating, I’d wait. And always make sure the game is powered off before messing with anything.

#5635 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Appreciate the guidance. I’ll buy some art blade guards and springs and take a look.
What does it take to unscrew the mech? Standard screw driver?

Hex screws, so you’ll need a hex socket screwdriver.

#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Put my name in for the house mod-super cool
Does the house mod come with the sidewalk sticker for ramp or is that another vendor? My ramp is getting scratched up good and I want to cover it with a sticker. I was thinking stairs but the sidewalk makes more sense. Where do I get the sticker?

The decals are separate from the house. Here’s the decal link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1267-cento-creations/05718-halloween-cover-up-mod-2-piece3-piece-or-5-piece-decal-set

#5642 1 year ago

Super rough mockups of custom cards. I cleaned up some grammar and spelling inconsistencies with the instruction card.

Feedback? I can upload full sized cards when complete. I don't own the art, so these will be free to download.

card 5 (resized).pngcard 5 (resized).pnghalloween 4 (resized).pnghalloween 4 (resized).png
#5667 1 year ago

Cards installed.

#5671 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Looks fantastic. Where’s the best place to get quality prints done?

Just a normal photo printer. You can maybe take them to Walmart or Target to print. I almost said Kinkos, but that would age me.

#5685 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

How did you get the sizing right for printing at a Walmart or Target? Was it trial and error with resizing or are those just normal 4x6 prints? The last time I tried to print my own pinball cards it took me several tries to get the sizing correct? Thanks for the help

They’re already sized correctly. 3.25” x 6”. You should be able to print by keeping the original dimensions. If you’re taking them somewhere, I’d recommend that you mention the size.

#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just a suggestion …
Do the two “coin cards” again, but without all the text on there. Just “Halloween” and the background picture.
I think they’ll look really good - and honestly, nobody needs to know about Koris Barloff and his mates on a coin card. TMI.
rd

To be honest, these were fairly quick mock-ups. I’ll add a few more with some other ideas to include a less TMI version. Thanks for the feedback.

I also don’t want to spam our little thread with cards. I’ll post again with some updated designs or just drop them in the custom card thread.

#5692 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I just noticed 3/4 of my lower LED light strip is out. Did you ever find a fix for this or replace it?

It’s likely a bad strip. I had to replace mine twice. Easy install, maybe 5 minutes. You’ll need clear zip ties.

#5776 1 year ago

Enjoy some less-TMI cards! DropBox folder link attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pu34poo2xf58p35/AAC9ZxHHXom8Dgc2ox5Nm9oKa?dl=0

Halloween 2 (resized).pngHalloween 2 (resized).pngHalloween 1 (resized).pngHalloween 1 (resized).pngHalloween 12 (resized).pngHalloween 12 (resized).pngHalloween 3 (resized).pngHalloween 3 (resized).pngHalloween 11 (resized).pngHalloween 11 (resized).pngHalloween 4 (resized).pngHalloween 4 (resized).pngHalloween 5 (resized).pngHalloween 5 (resized).pngHalloween 6 (resized).pngHalloween 6 (resized).pngHalloween 7 (resized).pngHalloween 7 (resized).pngHalloween 10 (resized).pngHalloween 10 (resized).pngHalloween 8 (resized).pngHalloween 8 (resized).pngHalloween 9 (resized).pngHalloween 9 (resized).png

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

These are all sweet, but my feedback is that none of them should have the title "Halloween" on them, especially not on both, as it is overkill and the word Halloween is already in between the cards as well on the apron in big letters

Okay, I uploaded six more cards without the Halloween logo. That's 18 cards total, so I think I've done my part. I also included more Halloween III stuff, because that movie rocks.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/j4xgjw1elx81rejlhjdwm/h?dl=0&rlkey=pmvbs50mgkjbzyk1obmtasy1g

#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

The ball defector shield is very flimsy and seems to be a common failure item. When mine failed, I knew I would be replacing it with a thicker piece of polycarbonate and of an improved design.
See here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/98#post-6880328

If you feel up to it, you could contact TFK and send him the measurements. He could make these with his laser cutter and possibly engrave ‘Halloween’ in the plastic. That would be a sweet mod.

1 week later
#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Ahhh Judith Myers. Row 18 plot 20.

Yeah, I’m hopeful they address some volume levels and repetitive callouts in the next update. Don’t Fear the Reaper is kind of quiet compared to the other audio, and there are some callouts that get annoying after a while.

#5932 1 year ago

I guess we’re not getting a code update tonight.

Here’s a pitch meeting to tide you over:

#5969 1 year ago

Great update. I enjoyed the new sound effects and hurry up after mode completion.

There are still some lingering bugs (audio sync when Hedge Multiball starts, weird behavior when multiple things are going, callouts stepping on each other), but the game is coming along nicely.

New high score, which always happens when I install new code on any game. Then I suck.

2736AB99-9C9F-4569-8AB4-574E06C87BF3 (resized).jpeg2736AB99-9C9F-4569-8AB4-574E06C87BF3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ughhh, I think I just answered my own question looks like the header got pulled off the board traces and all during install…[quoted image]

That’s exactly what happened to me. Here’s a picture from a different angle.

Use this to fix.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

There’s a replacement in your coin box.

#6215 1 year ago

So the lower LED strip was out along with the Sanitarium inserts. The problem was indeed the light board. The Out portion snapped off, likely from an airball.

Mission success, but that light board is in a crazy tight spot. As I was tightening the screw, the f$&@:g thing broke again. So rinse repeat.

But now everything works.

#6299 1 year ago

Graduation weekend. Tons of people over, Halloween is a huge hit. Very happy with the game so far.

The light board under the Sanitarium has now broken for the third time, though. The ball launched into the shooter lane somehow jumps and snaps the connection. Sigh. I’ll have to readjust the board so it’s not sitting in the ball’s path.

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Ah I hadn't thought of that but now it makes perfect sense, that must be the cause of this issue. Well main or secondary cause. I was thinking that it had to do with the tightness between the led pcbs, wiring and the top of that stainless ballguide but that would likely only push up on the wires and connectors unless it is fitting in the small playfield that causes the led pcb to separate. But, now that you say this, a ball launching and hitting wires or connector could easily pull that connector from the board like in the pics that I've shared previously.
It seems that only a few have had the issue but it does seem like this is a potential cause for that problem. I wonder if it we can make a small deflector to be placed in front of it or if Spooky can help with a solution.
Sorry to hear that you've had this trouble but thanks for sharing, hopefully we can come up with something.

When I owned Rob Zombie, I had the same thing. There was a switch positioned just above the ball’s path. Virtually no clearance, so any tiny jump would break the switch.

I think I can readjust the light board, but not without major surgery (removal of the entire Sanitarium playfield).

#6308 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m curious how your machine is getting frequent airballs under there. Knock on wood, I’ve been spared of this issue so far.

Yeah, I’ll need to dig into it. The game was fine for six months, then snap. Once I replaced the lamp board, snap again within 24 hours. That’s pinball for ya.

1 week later
#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Like many others, my shield had broken in two spots due to repeated ball strikes.
IMO, this shield is too thin (only 1/16” thick) and not up to the rigors of use inside a pinball machine. I also did not like the way the thing vibrated / shivered all the time when being struck by balls, when the shaker motor kicked in, etc. It just appeared "cheap" to me. So when my shield inevitably broke, I knew I could come up with something better.
Using the OEM shield as a template, I changed the design up a bit making sure to beef up the arms and mounting points. Using my trusty sabre saw, I cut out my new shield from 3/16” thick polycarbonate. I then used progressive grits of sandpaper to get the edges cleaned and polished.
Because I was using a much thicker piece of plastic, I had to replace the posts on the main playfield because the threaded studs at the top were now too short. So I replaced the original posts using 1.25” hex standoffs, internally threaded for #6-32 screws. In order to attach the new posts to the playfield, I used what are called “hanger bolts.” These are about an inch long and threaded on one end with #6-32 threads and wood threads on the other.
With the new posts installed, it was now a simple matter of using screws to attach the new shield. Under the sanitarium playfield, I used socket cap screws, allowing me to use an allen wrench to snug them down. On the left side of the shield, I just used a couple of plain #6-32 screws.
Although this was quite a bit of work, the end result is a thousand times better. The shield no longer vibrates at all and is solid as a rock. I don’t think I ever have to worry about this component ever failing again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is likewise broken, and I only noticed because the ball was getting stuck between the broken pieces of plastic.

While I wait for a new OEM protector, I’ll likely route a thicker protector as well.

#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn, now I know what I need to do with my laser cutter. Once my game finally comes!

This is a great opportunity for a modder with a laser cutter to cut these thicker. And if they also have a laser engraver, cut something cool in the lengthwise portion like, “The Night HE Came Home” or something like that.

#6523 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Has anyone successfully added lit flipper buttons to Halloween (or Ultraman)?
Thanks,
RussMyers

Trying that today. I’ll post results if successful.

#6524 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Trying that today. I’ll post results if successful.

Success. I used the BriteButtons lighted flipper buttons from pinballlife and molex connections to the rear cabinet power board.

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-3-position-housing-with-locking-ramp-17575.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines.html

Trim and crimp wires. Black to ground, red to 12V. The housing only had three terminal (should be four), so make sure your wires are where they need to be.

The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes, and many terminals were sacrificed.
6EDC3323-F2D8-4357-87AD-4EA44E06FB63 (resized).jpeg6EDC3323-F2D8-4357-87AD-4EA44E06FB63 (resized).jpeg4203907A-1000-4E46-86DD-9A9F3F6547C0 (resized).jpeg4203907A-1000-4E46-86DD-9A9F3F6547C0 (resized).jpeg722331C3-B90D-4A76-8DEC-370444BD7A39 (resized).jpeg722331C3-B90D-4A76-8DEC-370444BD7A39 (resized).jpeg9254B7E7-9DDE-4CBB-ABBF-9C429634F0D3 (resized).jpeg9254B7E7-9DDE-4CBB-ABBF-9C429634F0D3 (resized).jpegA9B8C14B-F37A-4A41-80B5-F8C29EB9D19D (resized).jpegA9B8C14B-F37A-4A41-80B5-F8C29EB9D19D (resized).jpeg03B43529-798A-4CB8-92A2-A94FB2814BCC (resized).jpeg03B43529-798A-4CB8-92A2-A94FB2814BCC (resized).jpeg

#6528 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so you used two of the power connectors on that power board, the ones that are GND-12v-5v-Key ?
RM

Yes, two wires. Ground and 12V.

Edit: You could also make your own with flex LEDs, DIY wiring and a bulb housing. That would be 5V.

#6529 1 year ago

I fixed the broken lamp under the Sanitarium playfield for the fourth time. Super frustrating. The switch is directly in the path of the shooter lane. It takes a beating and eventually fails, knocking out the lower LED strip and a few inserts.

I tried to reroute the hole to relocate the switch, but removing the Sanitarium playfield requires major surgery.

2D1DC479-CAC8-4BF6-A166-F6F8FC66D48C (resized).jpeg2D1DC479-CAC8-4BF6-A166-F6F8FC66D48C (resized).jpeg9DDF2594-9DEA-4431-89F9-948292BBE62C (resized).jpeg9DDF2594-9DEA-4431-89F9-948292BBE62C (resized).jpegF09AB184-834C-46D5-93B7-0CFCD3F79F05 (resized).jpegF09AB184-834C-46D5-93B7-0CFCD3F79F05 (resized).jpeg
#6532 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That Ball Guide should have a (factory) shallow channel cutout for the wiring path. Wouldn't impede ball movement and would allow for better wire routing.
Maybe try removing those rubbers to get the lamps to suck up to the bottom of the upper PF a bit more to gain clearance? If you are concerned about vibration, a strip of rubber from a bike tube should be sufficient, iwt?

I added a soft block mechanism to the board, but of course the ball hit that and rejected the plunge.

The next time it fails, I’m going move the board, remove the rubber and use hot glue/gorilla tape. There’s not enough leverage to route a new screw hole.

#6534 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd grab an MRS switch to install, for the next time you are in there. I had a lot of problems with ball ramping on the orbit in R&M and the MRS solved that.
Carpet tape might be a solution for getting that board flush to the bottom of the upper PF without additional drilling/screws?

Copy, thanks. I haven’t had any issues with the switch yet, so I haven’t felt the need to install an MRS.

Spooky does, however, need to make thicker plastic protectors. I got two stuck balls for the price of one with the often-broken drop target protector.

73227602-0032-48BF-AA8F-25A701FCCFA1 (resized).jpeg73227602-0032-48BF-AA8F-25A701FCCFA1 (resized).jpeg
#6548 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Can anyone tell/show me how exactly the knife attaches to the motor? It seems as if it should just slide on but it doesn’t. I’m missing something here lol

Check post 1129

#6671 1 year ago

I just replaced the clear drop target plastic protector. It sucked, sucked, sucked. Removing the broken one wasn’t bad, but aligning the nuts underneath the Sanitarium playfield wasn’t fun. You’ll need another arm, or at least an octopus tentacle.

I threw a few clear Lexan protectors over/under the new protector at the posts. Not sure if this will help, I guess we’ll see.

#6685 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I know this isn't directed at me, but I loves me some Argento. Deep Red is awesome. I need to watch it again...been too long and I haven't watched the 4K yet.
Sounds like both of you enjoy the movie and the machine, so peace, love, and pinball guys! [quoted image]

Ha, amen. We’re all pinball and movie nerds here.

Deep Red is good, not my favorite. To me, the only relevant comparison to Halloween is style. It’s super gory, Halloween isn’t. It’s dreamy (like Suspiria), whereas Halloween is pretty straightforward.

On record, John Carpenter said Psycho was his biggest influence, but who knows what else he saw and used?

Now I feel like watching some Italian zombie movies!

#6755 1 year ago

I managed to take out the fifth light board underneath the Sanitarium playfield. Now it’s hot glue and gorilla tape time.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Something is not right with that area on your game.

I agree with you.

I’ve called a few times. The issue with relocating the board is that I’ll need to remove both upper playfields. I’d rather not do that.

I’m going to try one more time by removing the rubber on the board and adjusting the position of the board with hot glue and 3M tape. There’s not enough leverage to route a new hole without removing the Sanitarium playfield.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll call to get the best sense of how to remove both playfields. I’m glad no one else is having this issue, truly. Because it sucks.

#6758 1 year ago

I think I got it this time. Light board repositioned, screw and rubber removed. I used double sided 3M tape followed by hot glue as a sealant. I loosened the Sanitarium playfield to allow some area to work.

Notice how far the light board was in the shooter lane before I moved it.

Before:
E4E7A5B6-0B20-479A-8379-751FB90A94A8 (resized).jpegE4E7A5B6-0B20-479A-8379-751FB90A94A8 (resized).jpeg
After:
B653DDA0-8CE6-4CBA-AEA6-392F3AFC26B1 (resized).jpegB653DDA0-8CE6-4CBA-AEA6-392F3AFC26B1 (resized).jpeg

#6761 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Do you reckon the ball is hitting the left edge of the ball guide there and going airborne?
Maybe get the old iPhone out and record the ball launch in slow motion. It’s amazing what you can’t see the ball doing with the naked eye. I’ve solved a heap of issues with the slo mo video.
Added bonus - the slo mo video makes very cool pinball clunking noises.
ADDED: I see a gap between the black centre rail and the launch ramp. If the centre rail was repositioned more to the right (so there was no gap) the ball would always launch away from the light board. Just a thought.
rd

I haven’t noticed any clunky launches, but admittedly I didn’t record in slow mo. If you kneel down and angle your eyes just right, you can see the launch through the knife.

I’ll check any gaps, but again, the launch seems normal. That switch was just dead center in the shooter lane.

#6765 1 year ago

Code related questions:

1. The Sanitarium drop target doesn’t seem to engage, but works in test. I seem to remember it was used more with the previous code update. Is this drop target supposed to always be down?

2. Jackpot lights. For each of the main multiballs, there are three jackpots. The inserts are lit either orange or red. What do the colors mean?

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

This software version seems a lot less stable than the previous versions. I have to power down and restart several times a day or else the game start sequencing starts crashing. Hopefully there's a patch or another update in the pipeline.

Mine crashes if the game has been on for a few hours. A reboot will fix it every time. I assumed it was a code issue, and not a huge deal. I’m sure they’re track it down and address the problem.

#6798 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Could this be similar to that memory leak thing that caused ACNC issues? I know this is a new board system, so not sure.

Possible. It hasn’t really bothered me, so I haven’t raised it as an issue. The lights and display will freeze, no response from the start button. Quick reboot and I’m back in business.

Spooky, I’m #80, so if there’s a code issue to address with that version of board set, those are the symptoms.

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

True but after that there is nothing. To be honest, what it the benefit of adding to Laurie’s health? It scores next to nothing and she isn’t going to die. The task just seems to be a time waster to me. Healing is better suited for Ultraman.

I agree with this. If Laurie’s health steadily decreased, it would absolutely incentivize the green standups and add some risk/reward. As-is, there’s no real need to increase her health.

#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Agreed. It would be much more practical if they added a few seconds of time to the timer.

Yeah, I think (hope) Spooky has plans for the Sanitarium playfield. It would be a great place to add time, rack multipliers, add-a-ball, etc. It’s pretty sterile right now, easily fixed with code.

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I’m pretty sure it’s just Ultraman getting the update.

Yup, they said their focus was UM, then Halloween.

1 week later
#7052 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Has anyone successfully installed the brite buttons britemods flipper buttons yet? My stock right flipper button sticks and I need to replace it anyway, but would like to go to lit like my other games. I immediately changed out all my CGC games buttons because the stock ones are terrible. It’s annoying because I get a good game going and my right flipper sticks up because button is stuck in. I pulled it from the game it’s just the plastic button assembly. I can’t get it apart because of the barb. Once it’s pressed together, it’s together.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/131#post-6972762

#7065 1 year ago

Agreed. Great polish on the latest code.

Having said that, I’d recommend Laurie’s health go down a bit faster. Pretty much every shot will regenerate her health, and each House Attack results in Mike’s health all the way down and Laurie’s health at max pretty quickly.

#7071 1 year ago

Bug:

Ball 3. I bought an extra ball with Blood at the scoop. It took my Blood, but did not award an extra ball.

As an aside, the cost to purchase an extra ball and double scoring went down with 1.08. I think this makes the game a bit too easy. 12 for an extra ball and 10 for double scoring was perfect.

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone having issue with Judith Meyer drop staying down. Drop works up and down in test but stays down during gameplay

Yes, this happens with mine.

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, this happens with mine.

I meant the Sanitarium drop. That one tests normally but stays down.

#7238 1 year ago
Quoted from nexfx:Has anyone had any problems with the magnet in the upper left-hand corner not releasing the ball in certain modes? if so how did you fix it?

This is odd, since I just started having this problem and I’ve had the game since November. No issues at all until 1.08, now the spring ramp won’t engage.

I’d wait to hear from Spooky before digging into the game. @Spooky, any known spring ramp bugs?

1 week later
#7411 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Sanitarium/bottom led strip knocked out again. This really could use a little plastic shield to keep the ball away from that connection… if someone makes one I’ll buy it

You’ll need to relocate that LED. Check my posts in this thread, you can do it with hand tools and hot glue.

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I’ve replaced my Sanitarium playfield LED strip 3 times already due to some of the lights failing. What is this fix you speak of? I can’t find it.

There are two common issues with this part of the game:

1. The Sanitarium LED strip fails. In this instance, Spooky will send you a replacement strip and you resinstall. Takes 20 minutes and you’ll need some thin, clear zip ties. I had to replace mine three times.

2. One of the Sanitarium lights (inserts) has failed, causing the subsequent string to fail (similar to Christmas lights). You’ll lose Sanitarium inserts and the lower LED strip. This is usually caused by the plunged ball smacking the LED socket and breaking it. In this instance, you’ll need to replace the broken socket. This is a gigantic pain in the ass. I took pictures in a previous thread to help anyone with a similar problem.

So, if you’re just missing the Sanitarium LED strip and nothing else, just get a new one from Spooky and replace.

#7457 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

My issue was only the first 4 or 5 lights would work and the rest of the strip would be out. I’m on strip number 3 right now. Working for the time being. I have no idea what would cause this and it’s the same thing each time it fails.

Yeah, from my experience, this is a bad strip. On mine, the first three lights would work, then nothing. It could be a ball strike or something else, but a replacement will do the trick.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: Nothing like burying the lead, but we should be posting a small code update for both games tomorrow.

What can we look forward to?

#7491 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm excited for the ability to set your health decline for the House Mode. The current level is "easy".
[quoted image]

That seems very minor, but I think it will dramatically improve that mode. Risk/reward goes up as you have to decide where to shoot with limited time. Nice job.

#7518 1 year ago

Nice!
V1.08a

UPDATE House mode ending didn’t force full game light update
UPDATE House mode game feature added to adjust difficulty related to Lauries health decay
UPDATE Blood store, extra ball was not awarding collection properly
UPDATE “Skillshot Clear” option renamed to “Timed Plunge”
UPDATE Blood mode text “get to scoop for award” was not being removed properly when going into Boogeyman wizard mode
UPDATE sling power was not applying the correct value at the right time
UPDATE menu/start button added into switch test
UPDATE outlane save store item feature changed a bit and also updates its lights properly
UPDATE superjackput locations are a bit more colorful now
UPDATE wizard mode was not stopping any existing ballsave timers that were currently running
UPDATE Hedge mode progress saves up to the restart hurryup phase
UPDATE Hedge videos were blocked off on mb restart, but never restored properly on super jackpot collection
UPDATE If voice volume boost setting is 0, music ducking does not get used
UPDATE store/mode select music changes

#7562 1 year ago

I like the new update, some good bug fixes. Now Annie doesn’t get cut off before Hedge MB. The blood store music is great. House Attack is much better, now it feels like a battle with Laurie’s health set to Hard.

I recommend you tweak the last Hard mode… it’s the easiest mode to finish and always the first one I go for. That and Death in the Driver(s) Seat make for an easy extra ball.

Keep it up!

1 week later
#7781 1 year ago

One of the Hedge Michaels started to spaz, then died totally. The good news is that the spare motor fixed it, though I had to remove the ramp and the left plastic. An ass pain to say the least, but now I have three fully working Mikes.

I’m still really enjoying the game. It’s a hoot and the art is second to none. Code updates have addressed most of my issues, and the game will only get better.

#7883 1 year ago

Code recommendation:

You can lock the ball pretty easily with a full plunge and letting the ball bounce from the left flipper to the Judith lock. If you drain, the ball is released. If you hit the target while playing, the ball is released into play for a 2-ball game.

I’d recommend a stand-alone 2-ball multiball with unique scoring and rules if this happens. As it stands now, if you release the locked Judith ball, you just get an extra ball and kind of flail. It doesn’t really work given how the modes are coded. A unique 2-ball multiball would add some risk/reward with releasing the locked ball vs. avoiding that area and letting the locked ball auto-release when you drain. FWIW

#7895 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Isn't it when you unlock the trapped ball, you get a 2x multiplayer active till you lose one? I thought that's what the code is supposed to do as the reward for recuing it.

Hmmm, I’m not sure, actually. I didn’t think so, but I could be wrong. If that’s the case, it may be a good idea to have a callout.

1 week later
#8160 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Thanks. I’ll give it a second check.

Ulek sells another plaque with your number. I put it on my apron, pretty cool.

#8239 1 year ago
F2508FFB-FA47-4075-8297-7DB204C2A9BA (resized).jpegF2508FFB-FA47-4075-8297-7DB204C2A9BA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8564 1 year ago

I used SprayMax 2K on the replacement armor to prevent any issues down the line. The replacement armor has a satin finish that doesn’t feel very good.

If you’re going to do this, remember your safety gear.

AB19E162-9237-4DC7-A21E-E70F03BAFB03 (resized).jpegAB19E162-9237-4DC7-A21E-E70F03BAFB03 (resized).jpeg
#8569 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks! I got replacements coming. Now I know I will have to spray them. Did they send you a new lock down bar to?

Spooky sent me new side trim and the lockdown bar. The replacements are satin and feel like low grade sandpaper… not the best. One can of SprayMax 2K worked great for all the replacement trim. Again, just be safe when spraying that stuff.

#8572 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

How many coats ? I ordered a can of SprayMax.

That’s all you need. One light coat, wait a few minutes. Medium coat. Wait a few minutes. Then 1-2 heavy coats. 1 can is more than enough.

#8590 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is it the satin or glamour.

Glamour. Purchased through Amazon. So far, the ‘feel’ is great. Very smooth and glossy.

2 weeks later
#9136 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Yes I had it happen on this latest code just the other day

Most of the bugs I’ve encountered are related to stacking. Any time more than one thing is going is typically when I see issues. Hopefully this gets resolved.

#9354 1 year ago
Quoted from EnjoiThePureTrip:

Hey, I’ve got a left flipper that’s sticking and I’m not sure why. As far as I can tell it’s not electrical. I’m a new pinball owner and all the videos I can find on flippers don’t look like the Halloween flipper mechanism, so any help would be appreciated. If need be I can post pictures or answer questions.
Thanks!

You likely have a flipper button that’s sticking, meaning the plastic inside the housing is binding against something.

Super easy to fix. Remove the flipper button (use a wrench on the inside of the cabinet to remove). Check for any burs or anything else that may cause binding.

#9601 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My wife makes really creative drop and stand up target decals. I love the 3 from Halloween III suggested above. I’m going to have her make some sheets of them on decal paper. I’ll post pics, and if some people want some, I’ll mail you some. They won’t take up the entire face of the target, maybe 2/3 of it, so the light should still show around the borders. Here are some she made for my BSD, FT and WH2O.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d be in for sure. 30 more days til Halloween.

1 week later
#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nearly ready! “These decals haven’t been thru final processing yet…”
Contact me if you haven’t already if you need these for your 3 center drops!
Due to the long list, we are suggesting a $10 donation via PayPal for 2 sets of decals (includes shipping.) PM me for details by tomorrow if possible!
If you’ve already given me your name and address I’ve gotcha. I’ve gotcha.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Where’s my decals??!!

63435766-0CAF-4C7D-89DD-E1A1BA82393A (resized).jpeg63435766-0CAF-4C7D-89DD-E1A1BA82393A (resized).jpeg
#10145 1 year ago

Okay.

I loved Halloween
I liked Halloween II
I loved Halloween III
I tolerated Halloween IV-VI
I loved Halloween VII (H20)
I hated Halloween VIII
I really liked Halloween 2018
I hated Halloween Kills
I hated hated hated hated hated Halloween Ends

Sweet Christ. Let the franchise die with some dignity.

#10305 1 year ago

Found this on the internet, I thought it was pretty awesome. Alternate ending to Halloween Ends, VHS style. Only 40 seconds, no spoilers.

#10419 1 year ago

I love it! How do we get a donation to you? They look great, nice work!

1 week later
#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Another thing. It says don't cut the shrink wrap while game is on end. But I always put 2 legs on while it's on end. So how do I put the legs on without cutting the shrink wrap? I have to get it on end to put the legs on. How do I do this?

The shrink wrap keeps the head secured against the game. If the game is on its end and you cut the shrink wrap, the head will slam down.

However, you should be able to cut slits around the leg holes and attach the legs. Get the game on all four legs, then you should be fine to cut the shrink wrap.

#10821 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

So I ordered one of those mini TVs, but because I'm on a Mac, my computer won't let me convert the MP4 file to TVS via the converter on their website (https://learn.tinycircuits.com/Kits/TSV-Converter-Tutorial/), and I can't find any other compatible converters.
Anybody willing to convert it for me? It's a 4.5 minute abridged silent version of a certain black and white movie that Laurie and Tommy Doyle watch on TV. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here. FWIW, I actually own the movie.

That’s a cool idea! I may have to steal that.

Or maybe the Silver Shamrock commercial…

1 week later
#11145 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

For those 2X clear coat experts, is there any trick to evenly applying to the lock bar and rails? To quote Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder…you got any tips?
Thanks!

The texture of the powder is super forgiving, and SprayMax is easy to use. Just pass horizontally for 1-2 light coats, let dry for a few minutes, then heavier coats. Keep the can moving, don’t spray in one spot.

Even if you suck at stuff like this, it’s pretty dummy proof. And don’t forget safety gear!

3 weeks later
#11712 1 year ago

Anybody with a PC wanna be my best bud and mail me your thumb drive/code? I’d of course cover the shipping cost and mail it back to you immediately after doing the update.
I wish Spooky had better support for Mac users.

Send me your address. I’ll get it to ya.

2 months later
#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.
Fresh off some games on Friday night and I'm more pissed at this game than ever. I don't want to see sanitarium graphics while I'm playing Bob and Linda demise. I don't want to be almost through a mode and house mode takes over like the pumpkin mode never existed. I don't want to have to wait for the ball to fall down two playfields because I know I'm getting zero points by hitting anything. I don't want to hit 3 drops every ball before anything happens.
I get it, the games are sold, and you have one guy working on cleaning up two games. But this just isn't fun. That's the huge red flag here, it's just not fun. Sure, one out of fifty games things click and it's amazing. But the ratio is off. I don't want to shoot around for 2 minutes hitting shit and getting no points. THE KINETIC SATISFACTION IN PINBALL IS KEEPING THE BALL GOING, HITTING THINGS, AND GETTING POINTS FOR HITTING THINGS.
UGH, I tried so hard to love this game but I have to say I paid $10,900 (with tax and shipping) for a pin that gives me less enjoyment then my $3k Elvira and the party monsters.
Can I trade this for a Scooby Doo even up?

#80 here. I’ve had my game 15 months or so. You raise some valid points, and I can’t argue with you. The theme and art mean this one is a keeper for me, so I’m in it for the long haul. I just have to keep the faith that Spooky will fix some of the issues.

#12808 1 year ago

I’m currently at a horror convention in Vegas. Earlier today, I met Charles Cyphers (Sheriff Brackett) and Nancy Keyes/Loomis (Annie). Both were very, very nice, and signed my backglass.
[quoted image]
Both also signed my original Halloween II poster (though Cyphers used a dark marker in a dark part of the poster - so his is hard to see. Doh!):
[quoted image]
Cyphers also signed my original Escape from New York poster:
[quoted image]
Here I am with the man himself:
[quoted image]
I forgot to get a photo with Nancy, but she asked me lots of questions about the game (and laughed when I told her there’s a whole mode dedicated to her death). She also signed my original Halloween III poster:
[quoted image]

That’s awesome! Next time, wear your exclusive Halloween 3 ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ shirt.

7C48F3B6-CE95-43E4-A89B-49B50BA93BA8 (resized).jpeg7C48F3B6-CE95-43E4-A89B-49B50BA93BA8 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#13342 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is this the only game that shows breasts?

RZ… also Spooky.

#13345 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have seen the RZ witch and I found her very stimulating for an animation haha but I believe this is the only dmd game that shows real people topless!.I am old and I find my thrills where ever I can,sad I know.

2:05. Real woman, real boobies, real DMD.

#13347 1 year ago

We can claim Halloween to have boobies in HD first

Ha, amen!

#13349 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I owned RZ and that chest wasn't in it. Is this custom code or something?

Not custom. The boobs were added to the latest code revision that Ben Heck worked to improve a lot of the modes and side quests.

1 month later
#13887 12 months ago

+1 to the list

#13911 12 months ago

Add me to the list of wanting a code update

1 month later
#14624 10 months ago

For the first time, the Sanitarium scoop held two balls and wouldn’t go into a ball saver for a minute. Weird bug. The new animations and video clips are the chef’s kiss. Nice work.

1 month later
#15220 9 months ago

I know this has been mentioned before, but I’ve managed to avoid the curse until this code drop. Original owner, never had two balls launch at once, ever. Now it happens every game.

#15227 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The newest code was supposed to fix that.
Before the newest code drop the fix was to drop the trough coil eject settings down 2 notches.
Are you sure you are on the code that came out?

I didn’t even download 1.11. I’m on 1.12.

1 month later
#15642 7 months ago

I took some time and installed the thicker plastic protector and new motors for the hedge Michaels. I was on my fourth broken protector and ready to rage the hobby altogether. The servos were intermittent at best.

Pretty straightforward, though a pain in the ass to lift both upper playfields. I’m glad I waited to install both at the same time.

New code installed, let’s go!

#15644 7 months ago
Quoted from TILT44:

I have actually have a servo motor out on one of the Michaels already, I replaced it with the backup it came with and already out again. What servo brand did you go with?

Treedix 3 pcs MG90S 9g Servo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX

#15645 7 months ago

Anyone having issues with First Kill? Sorry if it’s been mentioned.

The game won’t recognize flashing hits to the left ramp or Sanitarium scoop. If the ball lands in the flashing scoop, nothing happens and a ball search will clear the scoop. The left ramp won’t recognize a hit, you just keep shooting over and over.

Basically, you’re stuck in the mode. Reminds me of the bugs with House Attack.

#15650 7 months ago

Ball locked in the Judith target. Started Sanitarium multiball. On my way to finally get all the major jackpots, hit the scoop, and the game wants to start a mode. Flippers die. Balls drain. Sanitarium ends.

I love the code updates, but stacking anything in this game causes all sorts of problems. I’m at two years of ownership, and the bugs persist.

Again, I’m 100% Team Spooky. Alice Cooper on the way now, but this kind of stuff is frustrating.

#15653 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

But... just keep going Matt and the team, this game has been totally transformed and it's almost there.

Yup, definitely rooting for Matt. I know he and the team care.

In fairness, even with the bugs, I blew up the game at 103M.

#15672 7 months ago

My wild fan theory:

Michael’s clown mask was a malfunctioning Silver Shamrock mask. He didn’t become a murdering psychopath until he put it on. Clearly he was okay before, but when he wore mask, he became an emotionless killer.

Fast forward fifteen years and his brain is still catatonic. The first thing he does upon escaping… is wear a mask. This allows him to channel his impulses.

One more month ‘til Halloween, Silver Shamrock!
IMG_0078.gifIMG_0078.gif

#15674 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Not a bad theory. So Michael had the beta test mask when he was 6yrs old? Season of the Witch really started on Oct 31st, 1963.
[quoted image]

Michael’s dad worked for Silver Shamrock and one of the prototype masks got mixed in with the Halloween decorations. They scrapped those masks and went on to Stonehenge.

The theory really works if you don’t think about it too much.

#15680 7 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Got a new drop target deflector from Spooky. They actually sent a few of them to me. I for the life of me cannot figure out how the playfield needs to come off.
Anyone have any tips? My google/search fu must be broken today.

I 1000% recommend getting the thicker protector. I’ve been through 4 Spooky protectors. You’ll get instructions with the thicker protector.

#15688 7 months ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

where do you get the thicker protectors? I could not find them on pinside marketplace. thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-ultraman-ball-deflector-shields-new-design

1 week later
#15772 7 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I, too, continue to have issues with my orbit shots not registering correctly. About 50% of the time, my left orbit shot will not register at all, or it will trigger a successful right orbit. This is occurring at random times during all modes of gameplay.
Example 1: During combo mode (when you're trying to hit both ramps and both orbits), a shot through the left orbit will indicate a successful right orbit, i.e., the knife light for the right orbit goes out. Video here: http://jkcosta.net/videos/Video_1.mp4
Example 2: During Death in the Drivers Seat, shot through the left orbit either doesn't register or it will register on the right orbit. Video here: http://jkcosta.net/videos/Video_2.mp4
I will also point out that both of my orbit switches are magnetic, not mechanical, so there is no possibility that they are not being triggered properly.
I have to assume there is something that occurs during gameplay that mucks with how triggering the orbit switches are being registered.

+1. I’m having issues with the right orbit not registering. Seems to be code related.

3 weeks later
#15916 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I wonder how many people have both Alien and Halloween. They pair together so well it's like you can't have one without the other.

#15920 6 months ago

Happy Friday the 13th!

IMG_0348 (resized).jpegIMG_0348 (resized).jpeg
#15948 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

They crushed the artwork on this game. Absolutely nailed it, imho.

Exactly. That's what sold me, 100%

#16003 6 months ago

Cross posted on the mod thread. Here’s Vintoman’s clip to fix the house to your game.

IMG_0391 (resized).jpegIMG_0391 (resized).jpegIMG_0392 (resized).jpegIMG_0392 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0394 (resized).jpegIMG_0394 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0394 (resized).jpegIMG_0394 (resized).jpeg
#16024 6 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

One more week till Halloween
Halloween, Halloween
One more week till Halloween
Silver shamrock

Be sure to wear your mask for the big giveaway at nine!

1 week later
#16120 5 months ago

Thanks @m4tt!!!

IMG_0431.gifIMG_0431.gif
#16201 5 months ago

New code day for me always means “What will my servos do this time?”

Last time #3 died. This time, it was #2. He swung fully into the hedge where he remains. I’ll get around to troubleshooting or replacing, but I’ve lost count of messing with the servos.

1 month later
#16467 4 months ago

I noticed that, too. I'm going to see him at a convention in April, and part of me wants to hand him a thumb drive with the latest code. I'm having him sign my Halloween backglass, which I've finally mustered the courage to attempt to safely transport on an airplane. Other than Jamie Lee Curtis, his signature is the only big one I'm missing on it (without needing a ouija board).

Have a script ready so you won’t get nervous:

“Hello John. You’re old and you will soon be dead. First, please update your Halloween pinball code. Here is a thumb drive, your butler can do it. Second, please sign this giant piece of pinball glass. It was a carry on. Third and last, was Chevy Chase an asshole during Memoirs of an Invisible Man?”

3 months later
#16912 11 days ago

I added another signature to my backglass yesterday.
The man himself.
[quoted image]
My buddy (and podcast cohost) and I also got a couple of photos with him, including one with Christine! The ‘58 Plymouth Fury is a combination of the best parts from three different cars from the film. Absolutely gorgeous!
I’m the goofball on the right.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome, I love it! And congrats on getting ‘the man,’ that ain’t easy.

#16913 11 days ago

m4tt I’m sure you guys are all over it, but there are still tons of bugs, mostly when stacking.

I was able to stack House and Sanitarium with a ball locked in Judith. Grabbed a multiball and when the ball entered the scoop, the flippers died during the multiball so I could select a mode.

Tons more stuff like that. I can send logs if needed, but I’d recommend refining how modes are stacked or eliminate stacking altogether before adding new content.

#16918 10 days ago

I've never seen that kind of weird stacking error happen, this is something you can replicate?

I don’t remember the exact chain of events, but I’m sure I could with the glass off. Try to stack House, Sanitarium and the Judith lock… then start a mode.

I’m not bagging on the game. I’m the original owner and it’s a keeper, but it’s been buggy since launch. The bugs seemed to be centered around stacking the different events.

#16920 10 days ago

I should have taken a video. Again, I don’t remember the specific chain of events, but flippers died during Judith multiball so I could select a mode. Sanitarium or House was also running at the same time.

1 week later
#16938 3 days ago

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I’m getting the heavy breathing after Stalker mode is done. It continues throughout the ball until it drains. I’ve seen this a few times.

And the favorite guest game continues. I had a non-pinball person over who had never seen any of the games. He played a few and said Halloween was his favorite ‘without question.’ It’s a crowd pleaser for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.