IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 340.
#14451 10 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Pinball Brothers only have two active pins. Alien was a serious make or break, recovery attempt, which appearently they met and have exceeded expectations on. It is their flagship product and still has plenty of 'money on the table'. This is not the case with HW. That said, I am still hopeful.

Yea that's the worry, Alien is still a machine in production for however long they can sell it. Halloween/UM were one and done games that sold out, so the pressure is not the same, but we have to hope that reputation to provide a quality product remains on the fore front.

#14452 10 months ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

They have already lost a CE sale to me with Scooby due to poor coding. Just like jersey Jack I will not buy another spooky game until I see that the code can be updated regularly and complete like stern.

Same for me. I was so excited for Spooky games going forward but no way I am buying another one until Halloween is fixed.

#14453 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Actually, Alien is a super solid pin now. I hope Halloween turns out as good actually.

I really like that game but mine is definitely not dialed in. I think? the targets work correctly but there appear to be a lot of reed switches being used - which is nice ,but man do they miss a lot. And the fact that I can have a fast ball in the right inlane go through what is supposed to be a one-way gate and DRAIN pisses me off to no end. It's fixable, I just haven't done it yet. Can't figure that decision out. Great immersion though, shots and layout are decent.

#14454 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea that's the worry, Alien is still a machine in production for however long they can sell it. Halloween/UM were one and done games that sold out, so the pressure is not the same, but we have to hope that reputation to provide a quality product remains on the fore front.

That's the killer. They know EXACTLY how much money they made on this game and where the profit margin starts to dip. Not like say JJP who can crank out another version of WOZ and mint themselves another million bucks, along with updates because people are still buying the game. Anyway, we KNOW there's at least one more update out there, and unless Keith Johnson started working at Spooky recently, it should actually be released. (yes that is a joke)

#14455 10 months ago

Has anyone here been a beta tester for any pinball machines? In the 80s I was an official beta tester for Microsoft and Apple. I was working in electronic pre-press and the integration of scanners, printers, RAID and high end output devices made my Agfa, etc. I would NOT be a good candidate as a beta tester for pins but I know a lot of you would. I believe it would be an extreme service for the pinball manufacturers since you would be coming into a project with 'fresh eyes'. Just curious.

#14456 10 months ago
Quoted from Selig:

Same for me. I was so excited for Spooky games going forward but no way I am buying another one until Halloween is fixed.

I can't disagree with that statement but when Scooby-Doo was announced my wife said buy it. We discussed on buying Scooby-Doo and I said let's not buy it because Halloween code was not finished. By 2pm on the day you could order Scooby-Doo my wife was so worried we would never own one I purchased it. I kinda regret buying Scooby-Doo because there will be post after post about the code for Scooby-Doo is not completed. I understand Spooky needs to sell games in order to have cash flow but man please focus on getting some people in that can code games...

#14457 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I can't disagree with that statement but when Scooby-Doo was announced my wife said buy it. We discussed on buying Scooby-Doo and I said let's not buy it because Halloween code was not finished. By 2pm on the day you could order Scooby-Doo my wife was so worried we would never own one I purchased it. I kinda regret buying Scooby-Doo because there will be post after post about the code for Scooby-Doo is not completed. I understand Spooky needs to sell games in order to have cash flow but man please focus on getting some people in that can code games...

Scooby looks like its getting lots of love and the code looks far more along than what Halloween was within its first year of release. I have a feeling Scooby is going to turn out very well really. It's got hype, they still got machines unsold and to produce, and they are showing a lot of speed in code releases so far.

#14458 10 months ago

Scooby looks like its getting lots of love and the code looks far more along than what Halloween was within its first year of release. I have a feeling Scooby is going to turn out very well really. It's got hype, they still got machines unsold and to produce, and they are showing a lot of speed in code releases so far.

I'm going to stop reading post in this thread. If and when the new code comes out my wife will find out on Bookface. I'm going on vacation this month in Gatlinburg Tnn for some time away from this frozen state we live in.

#14459 10 months ago

Truth! That said, I am avoiding Scooby until the secondary market. I said before and still think that we will get complete code, but, they have definitely screwed the pooch on buyer confidence, and in turn, the secondary market values. Keeping Halloween, but aware of their choices and affect on values. Fool me once...

#14460 10 months ago

Same story for me as well.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

#14461 10 months ago

you should stop getting excited like that.
So far, spooky has never missed a pin.

The economic reality of this small business means that they certainly cannot hire a team of 5 people for this, so you have to wait a bit.
My big lebowski released in 2016 only had its final code last year! nothing is lost !

the impatient folds just have to go to Stern,
but it doesn't have the same flavor...

#14462 10 months ago

FOMO is no longer a concern of mine, here.

#14463 10 months ago

It's been a week since Spooky has last made any posts in this thread.

I wonder if new code release is soon.

#14464 10 months ago
F8FE6680-1DC4-4AD9-8E29-1ED8DC8291F2.gifF8FE6680-1DC4-4AD9-8E29-1ED8DC8291F2.gif
#14465 10 months ago

Licensor has been an issue the entire time for this game - wondering if thats the true hold up right now.

#14466 10 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Licensor has been an issue the entire time for this game - wondering if thats the true hold up right now.

Don't think we will ever know. Just hope that the code support lasts to finish the game before the license runs out.

#14467 10 months ago

Just managed to get mine to crash, was having a great game too. Never happened before and was quite pleased really
Sent off to Matt.

#14468 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just managed to get mine to crash, was having a great game too. Never happened before and was quite pleased really
Sent off to Matt.

I've only crashed my Ultraman once in over 1000 games. I had stacked the upper playfield multiballs with the roaming shot quick battle. Sent Matt the log and he said this was a know bug and that a fix was in the works. This was shortly after the last update. Matt was quick to respond, next day if I remember correctly. I was impressed since he is in New Zealand and there's such a big time difference.

#14469 10 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I've only crashed my Ultraman once in over 1000 games. I had stacked the upper playfield multiballs with the roaming shot quick battle. Sent Matt the log and he said this was a know bug and that a fix was in the works. This was shortly after the last update. Matt was quick to respond, next day if I remember correctly. I was impressed since he is in New Zealand and there's such a big time difference.

Yes he is pretty quick, reported other stuff as well. Had quite a few things going on before it crashed, can’t remember what though but was enjoying it and doing well. It’s probably something they know about but best to report anyway.

Have been really getting into my game lately now I have fixed a few things that were annoying me.

Cant wait to see what’s coming in the next code release.

#14470 10 months ago

Any advice on how to dial in the pumpkin scoop?

I already have Vitoman's scoop mod which helped a little but still get lots of rejects from the left flipper.
Since day one only about 20% of direct hits go in.

I have tried changing angles on bending the scoop deflector with plyers before.

Any way to measure the right angle it is supposed to be at?

Removing the deflector looks to be a big job because of the upper playfield over it.

#14471 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Any advice on how to dial in the pumpkin scoop?
I already have Vitoman's scoop mod which helped a little but still get lots of rejects from the left flipper.
Since day one only about 20% of direct hits go in.
I have tried changing angles on bending the scoop deflector with plyers before.
Any way to measure the right angle it is supposed to be at?
Removing the deflector looks to be a big job because of the upper playfield over it.

Easiest way to really dial in that shot is just to back hand it every time. I was about 90% on that shot backhand.

#14472 10 months ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Easiest way to really dial in that shot is just to back hand it every time. I was about 90% on that shot backhand.

Or shoot the sanitarium and let it fall in

#14473 10 months ago

Another week of waiting....

6d68c5d8990cab80f3783e46b79b5496 (resized).jpg6d68c5d8990cab80f3783e46b79b5496 (resized).jpg
#14474 10 months ago

Matt reading this thread

D47F6278-DFB4-4632-9BA7-AF969F61535D.gifD47F6278-DFB4-4632-9BA7-AF969F61535D.gif
#14475 10 months ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I was afraid that is the way. lol

#14476 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:Matt reading this thread
[quoted image]

He knows his shit, I bet he's totally done with the release

#14477 10 months ago

Finally, after long delay, I am able to offer new ball deflector shields for all Halloween and Ultraman machines.

Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this newly-designed version. These new deflector shields are cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.

Link to Pinside Ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158666

Shield_1 (resized).jpgShield_1 (resized).jpg
#14478 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He knows his shit, I bet he's totally done with the release

Yep, he goes above and beyond with helping from my experience with him. His last update was a big step in the right direction and can’t wait for the next one.

#14479 10 months ago

Ultraman new code was just released, apparently Halloween will get released next week

#14480 10 months ago

Ultraman new code was just released, apparently Halloween will get released next week

Let's hope it pans out!

#14481 10 months ago

So from the Ultraman video on new code, the new expert mode they added is quite in depth. I have a feeling Halloween's version is going to play differently possibly as the Ultraman mode seems very thematic and tailored to the show, so possibly another new mode that sets the games apart? That's always nice.

But as typically the changes mirror each other, they did talk about score changes/balancing was done, making some stuff worth more points and such

Also sound balancing was done in Ultraman, and that new volume options added to allow the tweaking of music, sfx, and voice separate now too. So imagine we are seeing that in the next update as well.

The changes Ultraman is getting is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/82#post-7618094

Again as before typically the changes to either game get mirrored so we are almost surely seeing these changes happening in Halloween also next week.

#14482 10 months ago

Code next weekend!

IMG_3722 (resized).pngIMG_3722 (resized).png
#14483 10 months ago

So my wife and I are eating dinner and says to me I just saw on Bookface new code for Halloween next week......I'm still going on Vacation soon. Its been a chilly week here and we have bad weather from the fires from Canada. Hope everyone is OK. On a side note we were playing Dale jr and she was having a few bad games and she yelled at the game and cut it off. I asked her can we sell Dale jr and she said I'm going to sell you old man....

#14484 10 months ago

So from the Ultraman video on new code, the new expert mode they added is quite in depth. I have a feeling Halloween's version is going to play differently possibly as the Ultraman mode seems very thematic and tailored to the show, so possibly another new mode that sets the games apart? That's always nice.
But as typically the changes mirror each other, they did talk about score changes/balancing was done, making some stuff worth more points and such
Also sound balancing was done in Ultraman, and that new volume options added to allow the tweaking of music, sfx, and voice separate now too. So imagine we are seeing that in the next update as well.
The changes Ultraman is getting is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/82#post-7618094
Again as before typically the changes to either game get mirrored so we are almost surely seeing these changes happening in Halloween also next week.

The sound balancing will be very welcome addition - the mix is a bit all over the place at the moment.

#14485 10 months ago

I feel like the lights need some attention. They seem very random

#14486 10 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I have 3 pins and Alien is by far the best of them followed close behind by Elvira HOH 40th and then wayyyy behind is my Halloween CE.

Have all 3 and would agree. The first 2 are in the top tier of best pins.

Halloween has a ways to go.

#14487 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The sound balancing will be very welcome addition - the mix is a bit all over the place at the moment.

Will be interesting to see what the new balance is, but now that we can control each option ourselves too it will help I think.

Also Ultraman got a volume setting just for the MB, so that will please some folks. Interested to see if the polish updates on videos and such that Ultra got will be part of Halloween too. More polish the better

Most interested in is the new score balancing, cause really the old jackpots in the original game MB modes was pretty weak compared to the new modes that have been added.

#14488 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For me, Halloween is still a better game than Alien in terms of shots and layout. Alien is the GOAT for its audio/video package though

#14489 10 months ago

Hey all. Having an audio issue. I don’t have a lot of experience with these amps but every time my shaker goes off I loose power to the amp. The power cord is loose. It seems like the connection to the amp is bad because when I wiggle the cable to the amp the audio cuts in and out. Has anyone experience this ? Thank you

IMG_1998 (resized).jpegIMG_1998 (resized).jpeg
#14490 10 months ago

Interested in Halloween, I was wondering if the standard edition has been released yet. I see on Spookys website its sold out but dont seem to be any around. Will they be making a big run of standards? Is the demand there for them?

#14491 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Interested in Halloween, I was wondering if the standard edition has been released yet. I see on Spookys website its sold out but dont seem to be any around. Will they be making a big run of standards? Is the demand there for them?

They are out there, but Spooky didn't make very many SE's or BSE's. The run of Halloween was almost all CE's.

#14492 10 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

They have made all the HW games, standard editions are the rarest because most people ordered the CE. Out of 1250 games, the standards may be 100-150 of that total number. You can get a CE slightly used right now for what a standard went for new.

#14493 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

They have made all the HW games, standard editions are the rarest because most people ordered the CE. Out of 1250 games, the standards may be 100-150 of that total number. You can get a CE slightly used right now for what a standard went for new.

Ford makes a ton more XLT trucks over XL. Doesn't make the XL worth more.

But that is some people's train of thought in pinball.

#14494 10 months ago

Only thing that makes the standard suck is it’s not Shaker or Knocker ready and I don’t even know all you have to do for it to be.

#14495 10 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Only thing that makes the standard suck is it’s not Shaker or Knocker ready and I don’t even know all you have to do for it to be.

Make a wire harness to connect the game to the knocker/shaker board, buy the knocker/shaker board, knocker and a shaker.

#14496 10 months ago

Delete

#14497 10 months ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Personally my issue with the standard is that there is no decals at all on the targets, it's very bare bones and looks too plain.

#14498 10 months ago

Personally my issue with the standard is that there is no decals at all on the targets, it's very bare bones and looks too plain.

Love my BSE model.

#14499 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed Doug....love the butter cabinet and alot of gameplay aspects/ vibe of Halloween, but sort of garbled ( for me) as a complete package...will hang on and hope for code like many here...

27" BB screen, PF screen, combined with the killer audio in OG Alien just pales the rest in that area...still the most immersive experience in pinball, imho....

#14500 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed Doug....love the butter cabinet and alot of gameplay aspects/ vibe of Halloween, but sort of garbled ( for me) as a complete package...will hang on and hope for code like many here...
27" BB screen, PF screen, combined with the killer audio in OG Alien just pales the rest in that area...still the most immersive experience in pinball, imho....

And your awesome Alien mod Mark. Most immersive experience in pinball I agree!

For me, if you like GNR, same big concert screen, the blow out rock concert for fun is right up there too.

Hopefully they can take Halloween to the next level. It’s a fun unique layout perfect for the theme. Like you said, not the close to the complete package

Right now, it’s a $6k pin that nobody seems to want

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.