Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 340.
#14401 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yep a known issue with those 2 stacked, weird shit happens. That’s the main bug I try and stay clear of, think I will try the Judith lock multiball thing today to be in the 100+ mil club

Yea Judith stuff really can score you ton of points, I haven't broken 100 yet still cause I'm still not dialed in making that tombstone shot, but when you do get it the scoring really flies as the 2x scoring along with jackpots and the super jackpot add up fast. If you can get the Judith going during another mode, huge points are possible.

This was a great (if maybe overpowering) change to scoring that was added last update so hopefully we see some more changes in the next update that further add layers to the game. 1.10 really was a good update that added new gameplay, despite some new bugs introduced, so the hype for next update is real cause I would love to see what else they might come up with.

#14402 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

- Really? What's your evidence of this? Spooky literally just commented on this what? A week ago?

What work is Spooky doing on HWN besides approving Matt's code? Who besides Matt is actively working on HWN? They mention collaboration, but where? 5 months of collaboration should have results by now.

Quoted from jeffro01:

- You don't know any of that to be true, you're just guessing based on what you think you know. If I'm wrong, show me, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

I have a DM from Charlie saying Bowen would assist, replying to concerns I sent about Fawzma. He also posted that publicly, I'm not the only one who remembers. Also reference Bowen's post setting the record straight, stating he was let go. You are wrong.

Quoted from jeffro01:

- Maybe, but again, you don't know that to be true or that Matt is only working part-time. How many machines have you written code for? Zero is my guess.

This is an assumption, but... 40hrs a week x ~15 weeks since last release, that's 600 hours of full time work. When the update finally comes, you tell me if it looks like 600 hours' worth of work. If they were working full time I'd think we'd have seen a release by now. I'd certainly prefer that, seeing as how this current release has fundamentally broken scoring.

#14403 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea Judith stuff really can score you ton of points, I haven't broken 100 yet still cause I'm still not dialed in making that tombstone shot, but when you do get it the scoring really flies as the 2x scoring along with jackpots and the super jackpot add up fast. If you can get the Judith going during another mode, huge points are possible.
This was a great (if maybe overpowering) change to scoring that was added last update so hopefully we see some more changes in the next update that further add layers to the game. 1.10 really was a good update that added new gameplay, despite some new bugs introduced, so the hype for next update is real cause I would love to see what else they might come up with.

Just been playing and struggling to get 60 mil lol, that Judith shot can get you into trouble!

Pretty sure (hoping) they are going to surprise us all with the next updates, will do them the world of good. Loving this game still and the last update was a step in the right direction

#14404 10 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

I have a DM from Charlie saying Bowen would assist, replying to concerns I sent about Fawzma. He also posted that publicly, I'm not the only one who remembers. Also reference Bowen's post setting the record straight, stating he was let go.

You are correct in that they misled people about Bowen, maybe they thought something contractually could be worked out and it fell apart. Pretty sure he was working under a contract basis instead of full time so your claim that he was "fired" may be incorrect. You also claimed Eric was fired, well he's coding a game for them now so if they did him dirty, I doubt he would work for them again.

#14405 10 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You either don't know what a fact is or... Says who? You? The code will come when it comes...

Well who are you to say what a fact is? I don't care about your opinion.

#14406 10 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Well who are you to say what a fact is? I don't care about your opinion.

This is starting to sound like politics... please, not here too.

#14407 10 months ago

Just for the Bowen clarification because it was a sway for me to preorder after the work on AC, but to bury it. I still like my Halloween and don’t regret it. And realized it’s the dude that never shut up about Halloween in stern threads that asked lol.
The game has great bones just really needs some code and A/V guidance/refinement. But because of bugs and not having a wizard for modes, I like trying to get boogeyman, such a challenge.

IMG_4935 (resized).pngIMG_4935 (resized).png
#14408 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

You are correct in that they misled people about Bowen, maybe they thought something contractually could be worked out and it fell apart. Pretty sure he was working under a contract basis instead of full time so your claim that he was "fired" may be incorrect. You also claimed Eric was fired, well he's coding a game for them now so if they did him dirty, I doubt he would work for them again.

He went to Multimorphic. Not sure if on a full time basis (or as full-time as that type of job entails). Also not sure if that was due to or caused him leaving Spooky

#14409 10 months ago

Oh no not this stuff again. Always when the mob is restless for new code

#14410 10 months ago

This "The Mob" shit is so weak sauce.

#14411 10 months ago

71 new posts from yesterday, thought there was a new code drop

#14412 10 months ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

71 new posts from yesterday, thought there was a new code drop

Man I wish. I popped back in here after 3 months hoping the same thing.

#14413 10 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Last point, I have noticed a LOT of wives love this pin. My wife is the same. She loves it more than me. Curious phenomenon.

Same here.

#14414 10 months ago

Women just generally have good taste. I’m not as down with reality shows as many I know but ehhh everyone needs guilty pleasures.

#14415 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

You are correct in that they misled people about Bowen, maybe they thought something contractually could be worked out and it fell apart

"Misled" is a nice way of putting it. Don't make promises until you're sure you know what you're going to do.

Quoted from manadams:

You also claimed Eric was fired, well he's coding a game for them now so if they did him dirty, I doubt he would work for them again.

I was told Eric would be helping with Halloween, and he was dropped as well. What he's working on now is irrelevant from my perspective.

Quoted from timtim:

Just for the Bowen clarification because it was a sway for me to preorder after the work on AC

Much more than a sway for me, they were key to my purchase. After getting R&M, I absolutely wanted more from that team. I hadn't even watched the Halloween movie at that point, but figured those two would ensure quality treatment of a unique theme and make a great game. I mean, look at what they did with the relatively sparse R&M playfield, imagine what they could do with three loaded playfields! And here I am, still imagining...

Looks like the 6K CE is pending so at least we've found the floor. I don't want to sell but have zero desire to play this in its current form.

#14416 10 months ago

On an unrelated note... I have always wondered, why are the speaker grill pumpkins perfectly round instead of having the "knife" like stem on top?

They look like smiley emojis and not pumpkins. Unsee that!

#14417 10 months ago

Dude get out of here, this is the internet. Every time someone has a debate on this forum you feel the need to chime in with some obnoxious nonsense.

We’re all adults if we want to argue or debate then it’s our prerogative. Go chaperone somewhere else.

Quoted from zebpin61:

This is starting to sound like politics... please, not here too.

#14418 10 months ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Dude get out of here, this is the internet. Every time someone has a debate on this forum you feel the need to chime in with some obnoxious nonsense.
We’re all adults if we want to argue or debate then it’s our prerogative. Go chaperone somewhere else.

Argue, debate... you do you. I enjoy my HW and still look forward to enhanced code. Complaining has a tendency to keep achieving lower lows.

#14419 10 months ago

We are all looking forward to code. Just because people have opinions doesn’t mean they need you to moderate them. Everyone has remained civil.

Quoted from zebpin61:

Argue, debate... you do you. I enjoy my HW and still look forward to enhanced code. Complaining has a tendency to keep achieving lower lows.

#14420 10 months ago

The way to sell games in the future is to FINISH current game code and make it the best it can be.

People tend to get a little testy when they see values dropping through the floor. Not that I agree because I really like HW.

You can hire coders from FVRR all over the world. No excuses really to not advance HW code to the next level. It’s been a LONG time and LONG road to get to this point.

Building more games and charging more, yes and more expenses but don’t skimp on the freaking code!!!

#14421 10 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

"Misled" is a nice way of putting it. Don't make promises until you're sure you know what you're going to do.

I was told Eric would be helping with Halloween, and he was dropped as well. What he's working on now is irrelevant from my perspective.

Much more than a sway for me, they were key to my purchase. After getting R&M, I absolutely wanted more from that team. I hadn't even watched the Halloween movie at that point, but figured those two would ensure quality treatment of a unique theme and make a great game. I mean, look at what they did with the relatively sparse R&M playfield, imagine what they could do with three loaded playfields! And here I am, still imagining...

Im not jumping in on anyones side per se, but they announced the "team" of Bowden and Eric just before launch and it did sway people, myself included. Now don't blame Spooky for my purchase and nor do I regret it(dont play much, the uneven audio just kills me) but I probably would not have bought from a mostly unknown team. That kinda sticks in my craw, given the fact that Fawzma gave up on some mods for RZ or something...

Waiting patiently for code, because the pin is super immersive and I want it to shine like I know it can..

#14422 10 months ago

Gimme the update….

#14423 10 months ago

...and now a word from our sponsor.

Halloween 1978 Michael Myers' Kills

Judith Myers: sister stabbed 9 times and killed in bedroom when he was 6 years old (boobs)
Mechanic: after he escapes from mental hospital to get his coveralls
Stray dog: found partially eaten in the Myers' house by Dr Loomis and Sheriff
Lester: The Wallace's dog is strangled in the backyard where Annie is babysitting
Annie: killed in the car by strangulation and throat cut
Bob: killed after sex with Lynda and stuck to the wall with knife
Lynda: killed by strangulation with telephone cord while talking to Laurie (boobs)

Bonus Non-lethal: Rabbit in Red lounge is a strip club outside Haddenfield. Nurse Marion might have been there for some action.

#14424 10 months ago

The bottom line from all these posts is that Spooky needs to step up and do what it takes to make This Game what the Theme Deserves.
It’s been years now so good intentions aside, this theme deserves their A Game.

#14425 10 months ago

They have already lost a CE sale to me with Scooby due to poor coding. Just like jersey Jack I will not buy another spooky game until I see that the code can be updated regularly and complete like stern.

#14426 10 months ago

I'm as patient as can be, but this update really needs to get released soon. After all, it was mentioned the last code refactor would speed up future updates - but it just hasn't happened. I love that Matt, Bug and Luke have updated this thread occasionally so we all know things are happening but it's been a very slow journey on this one. Just to be clear, I'm happy (well, sort of) to wait as long as it takes - my HW is here to stay, I love it. I can't wait to see what else they put into it code-wise, and to see it finally finished.

However, just to stick the knife in further (lol) - I've also just bought a Bond LE, and the code updates to that have quite literally been astounding - every 3-4 weeks, and each one with an absolute tonne of extra stuff. Check out the readme to see how much has been done to it since Jan this year. Truly amazing stuff, I would love to see Spooky eventually match that level of output one day (yes, I know it's not realistic right now, but they are growing).

#14427 10 months ago

Well in better news, figured out how to pretty much always hit the Judith shot on my machine by simply shooting the ball a little over half pull, and not flipping. It bounces off the flipper, off the top of the right sling and right into the tombstone for instant lock. So yea.... easy scoring unlocked. Can consistently do this with varying degrees of plunge.

#14428 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He went to Multimorphic. Not sure if on a full time basis (or as full-time as that type of job entails). Also not sure if that was due to or caused him leaving Spooky

As stated before, I was laid off by Spooky. They made the choice to end my role as rules designer.

I joined Multimorphic several months later. There was no sort of non-compete delay or any other action besides being laid off by Spooky that led me to seek work with other manufacturers.

I have emails from Spooky telling me that my salaried position was being removed. I'm not sharing them, and if this leads some to believe I'm lying about this, that's fine.

#14429 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Pretty sure he was working under a contract basis instead of full time so your claim that he was "fired" may be incorrect.

This is not accurate. At Spooky I was a W-2 employee, paid weekly, like any normal job.

#14430 10 months ago

Well in better news, figured out ...

Ha nice, I'll give it a try. Real MET scoop shot

#14431 10 months ago

Nothing against Matt, but I think Spooky should hire at least one more coder to work with Matt and help him out!!

Most games have multiple coders working on the games.

Halloween needs to be done right!!

What do you guys think about this?

#14432 10 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Nothing against Matt, but I think Spooky should hire at least one more coder to work with Matt and help him out!!

If you have the money, sure why not

#14433 10 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hard to get other peeps to spend monies on a machine that everyone has already bought & paid for.

#14434 10 months ago

Well in better news, figured out how to pretty much always hit the Judith shot on my machine by simply shooting the ball a little over half pull, and not flipping. It bounces off the flipper, off the top of the right sling and right into the tombstone for instant lock. So yea.... easy scoring unlocked. Can consistently do this with varying degrees of plunge.

On mine I can only do that if it’s freshly waxed, works for a while then doesn’t make it. Think I better start waxing regular lol
Same thing with making the right ramp with the right flipper.

#14435 10 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Well they stepped up production with more people and charged more so yeah they need to do whatever it takes to have an excellent end product, these things cost a lot of money. We are not all millionaires so makes this a big purchase and a big disappointment if it’s not right.

Plus it’s not a good look for Spooky, no doubt this is costing them one way or another.

Time will tell with the next updates, I enjoy the game but the code still needs polishing. Some of those sound recordings and video/animation clips need addressing. Basic stuff, should be so much better. Night and day difference with Sterns.

#14436 10 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

As stated before, I was laid off by Spooky. They made the choice to end my role as rules designer.
I joined Multimorphic several months later. There was no sort of non-compete delay or any other action besides being laid off by Spooky that led me to seek work with other manufacturers.
I have emails from Spooky telling me that my salaried position was being removed. I'm not sharing them, and if this leads some to believe I'm lying about this, that's fine.

Glad to have you over at MM, I’ve had a P3 for years now and it just keeps getting better and better

#14437 10 months ago

This is a bootique product with limited production counts from a family run business.

There have been approximately 7 titles and at least 4 completely different MPU and boardsets used in development/production. I own 3 Spooky pins and they each have different systems; ACNC (switched during development/production over to the P3 ROC), Halloween (Pinotaur), and now Scooby (Warden). It sounds like their Warden system will be used on the next title as well, possibly other titles.

Spooky has shared some detail of their challenges along the way and some of that has been related to coding or re-coding (ACNC). I assume that that is nothing more coming for ACNC, so I am holding out for HW code. Scooby is obviously getting the main focus as it is still an active build. I like all 3 of my Sppoky pins and have been rooting for them. I like how responsive they have been in these forums and for support questions. I do hope that they sell all of the expected 1969 Scooby pins.

Certainly, without having a Team of coders at the ready, further development on these out of production titles will just cost Spooky more money. The irony is that not finishing and providing polish to HW will cost them more. That said, some of the is glitz and glimmer and many jump ship, to the next shiny new thing and this have never been more evident in pinball.

I was just checking out the owners club forum numbers;

The ACNC owners club; (~500 units)
407 Pinsiders participating. Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders
- a lower limited production count; that 'sale ship' has long since sailed. Further development will just cost Spooky money.

HW owners club forum: (up to 1250 units)
565 Pinsiders participating. Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

So essentially 226 people are 'actively' following. Not sure that the 'pinball world at large' cares. The 'year of coding/development' is quickly passing. We'll get what we get, but I do hope that it's good.

Scooby owners club forum: (up to 1969 units, they have shipped around 500 units to date)
447 Pinsiders participating. Topic is favorited by 246 Pinsiders

I was surprised to see these numbers for Scooby, to be honest.

#14438 10 months ago

I haven’t played my BS Halloween in 4 months. Disappointed in the code will see what happens. Love the theme.

#14439 10 months ago

I probably alreay said this, but this machine reminds me of my Heighway alien. Took years to get dialed in ,but once its dialed in, its a thing of beauty.

years i tell ya!

#14440 10 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Like has been said, they mentioned you were in on it which gave me some confidence so was a big let down when this was not true.
I know a well known person in the pinball scene who cancelled his UM because of this and will not entertain another Spooky.

Strange goings on!

Life goes on right.

#14441 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I probably alreay said this, but this machine reminds me of my Heighway alien. Took years to get dialed in ,but once its dialed in, its a thing of beauty.
years i tell ya!

O lord tell me this ends up better than Alien

#14442 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

O lord tell me this ends up better than Alien

Actually, Alien is a super solid pin now. I hope Halloween turns out as good actually.

#14443 10 months ago

Well Spooky?

pitch (resized).jpgpitch (resized).jpg
#14444 10 months ago

Lol

#14445 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Actually, Alien is a super solid pin now. I hope Halloween turns out as good actually.

I have 3 pins and Alien is by far the best of them followed close behind by Elvira HOH 40th and then wayyyy behind is my Halloween CE.

#14446 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well Spooky?[quoted image]

Haddonfield PD can't handle us

code (resized).JPGcode (resized).JPG
#14447 10 months ago

I love me some alien. One of my all time favorites. Unique immersive game with great modes and code- There is nothing like it- I also hope that HW ends up in this category as it is a beautiful unique layout- If we get the code to match what this game should be it will be a cult classic game for many years to come

#14448 10 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

I love me some alien. One of my all time favorites. Unique immersive game with great modes and code- There is nothing like it- I also hope that HW ends up in this category as it is a beautiful unique layout- If we get the code to match what this game should be it will be a cult classic game for many years to come

Pinball Brothers only have two active pins. Alien was a serious make or break, recovery attempt, which appearently they met and have exceeded expectations on. It is their flagship product and still has plenty of 'money on the table'. This is not the case with HW. That said, I am still hopeful.

#14449 10 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Pinball Brothers only have two active pins. Alien was a serious make or break, recovery attempt, which appearently they met and have exceeded expectations on. It is their flagship product and still has plenty of 'money on the table'. This is not the case with HW. That said, I am still hopeful.

I agree- with that being said I am still hopeful that the promise of HW code will come to fruition- I believe it will

#14450 10 months ago

Yeah man I want my Halloween to work right too it’s a killer game with some simple code issues

Get the team who did Rick and morty on this the code is awesome in that game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/289 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.