B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 250.
#12051 7 months ago
Quoted from paulie484:

anyone have clear titans on their playfields - all over ? keen to see some recent pics if anyone has ? and do they stay reasonably clean ?
currently have the glow in the dark titans which are looking a bit tired so thinking of going clear for a change

We have done a combination of clear and glow in the dark. The clears by the outlines felt to plain because the playfield is white under the left and right plastics so we went with GITD and then clear on the slings and back rings. GITD on the posts.

IMG_7214 (resized).jpegIMG_7214 (resized).jpegIMG_7215 (resized).jpegIMG_7215 (resized).jpeg
#12052 7 months ago

awesome, cheers !! these all look sharp !!

#12053 7 months ago

mini Ecto Topper for the Spinner

#12054 7 months ago

Borrowing the above picture because of convenience, but how does one access this area to replace the plastic/rubber on a premium? Seems impossible to remove because of the ramp. I asked this question a long time ago but got no answer, so trying again.

I have a scratch on the plastic, a rubber getting old, and I'm thinking about replacing the star posts with lit ones, but for the life of me can't figure it out.

gb question (resized).jpggb question (resized).jpg
#12055 7 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Borrowing the above picture because of convenience, but how does one access this area to replace the plastic/rubber on a premium? Seems impossible to remove because of the ramp. I asked this question a long time ago but got no answer, so trying again.
I have a scratch on the plastic, a rubber getting old, and I'm thinking about replacing the star posts with lit ones, but for the life of me can't figure it out.[quoted image]

Pretty sure you have to take the ramp out first.

#12056 7 months ago

I have a scratch on the plastic, a rubber getting old, and I'm thinking about replacing the star posts with lit ones, but for the life of me can't figure it out.[quoted image]

It’s been a while but I don’t think I had to take the ramp out. I did take the city out from over the pops because I was adding the green slime mod (just 3 screws). I also unscrewed all of the nuts and screws holding that plastic with gozer on it but don’t think I pulled it out just needed to be able to move it around and get under it. There are two rubber rings that I had to work up and over Slimer after I swung him out over the playfield using diagnostics in menu settings.

#12057 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Pretty sure you have to take the ramp out first.

Pretty sure that's my problem. The ramp doesn't just slide out from the bottom and I don't see a way to remove it from the top.

#12058 7 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:Pretty sure that's my problem. The ramp doesn't just slide out from the bottom and I don't see a way to remove it from the top.

It has to have connections underneath the playfield as the wireform connects to that as well as the diverter for the Storage Facility.

#12059 7 months ago

Pretty sure that's my problem. The ramp doesn't just slide out from the bottom and I don't see a way to remove it from the top.

Sorry. I missed the blue circle from your picture. Totally talking about the wrong ramp above.

The subway ramp has a bracket (circled below) that connects the metal wire form to the plastic ramp that I had to unscrew (along with all of the topside screws and the wireform screws) to get enough play to get the plastic out. I never took the subway ramp all the way out though. I just needed some wiggle room. Also had to unscrew the storage facility and the right PKE ramp. Was definitely a pain to get to that plastic and rings.
Be aware that making adjustments to how the wireform and plastic subway ramp meet at the bracket affected whether the ball made it out of the subway ramp. On mine the wire form was too far to the right and so the ball would hit the side of the wireform/plastic ramp on the way into the subway and lose speed. Adjusting the centering of the ramp so that the ball stayed on the wire “track” solved the issue.

IMG_7225 (resized).jpegIMG_7225 (resized).jpeg
#12060 7 months ago

Need a little help. When the ball goes back in the shooter lane the automatic plunger just sits there clicking and trying to move. It’s almost like the ball is not pushing down the steel wire enough to make it fire the ball back up the lane.

#12061 7 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Need a little help. When the ball goes back in the shooter lane the automatic plunger just sits there clicking and trying to move. It’s almost like the ball is not pushing down the steel wire enough to make it fire the ball back up the lane.

1.)Check to make sure all the plugs underneath are fully "seated" or plugged in for the ball trough area.
2.)Check for any broken wires on the coil associated with the auto plunger or microswitches.
3.)Put game in test mode and activate plunger coil and activate that switch

#12062 7 months ago
Quoted from mbt:Yup. I installed the Swinks brackets a couple years ago. That certainly helped for shots that hit the targets, but the issues I had were from shots that hit the ramp directly.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

#12063 7 months ago

Could Ghostbusters be the vault that's released? It seems that all pins are under some pricing declines, but Ghostbusters seems to have taken a larger hit than other games. (IMO, similar to what seemed to happen with JP before the release of 30th Anniversary edition).

#12064 7 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Could Ghostbusters be the vault that's released?

It would be interesting because if they did a colour LCD as it just missed out as B66 was the next game with the colour lcd - it would grab alot of people and the new movie is being released to the cinema at 20th Dec 23

The big hold back is reselling a game by Trudeu and it being a Spike 1.....

#12065 7 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

The big hold back is reselling a game by Trudeu and it being a Spike 1.....

Ghostbusters is sort of a hybrid. It is Spike 1 but can use Spike 2 parts.

But Trudeu is a problem. Although it does not seem to stop anybody from buying a Trudeu designed pin.

#12066 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Mod - For Sale

GHOSTBUSTERS AIRBALL & RIGHT ORBIT PROTECTORS

Archived

Unused - New - “One for $20 (both for $30).
Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic.

1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below.
2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”

2022-08-18

Saukville, WI
(716 mi)

cpr9999

Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

Yes I have had that installed for a few years, but I still got airballs until I applied the epoxy fix.

#12067 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ghostbusters is sort of a hybrid. It is Spike 1 but can use Spike 2 parts.
But Trudeu is a problem. Although it does not seem to stop anybody from buying a Trudeu designed pin.

I can separate Trudeu the design of the game to the other stuff but for a big company it appeared to be a massive issue.

#12068 7 months ago

On a more fun note, after years of wanting to do the Fire Station the 1st pass prototype (just one colour at the moment) is made with a mini ecto light bar above the spinner and might do a mini GB sign a try as well.

Still need to make a few changes and then work out a good way to repeatedly make with the various parts coloured.

Is approx 60mm wide x 100mm high x 145mm back.

Also don't worry all the windows will be opened up and replaced with backlit resin.

Unlike the Stern / Mezelmods and Wolfcub's this allows a view to the city at the back and is more in fitting with my Library and Flat Iron Mod scale.

Before
E9B89070-B3D4-49B2-B7E1-9D38D7ACF8AB_1_105_c (resized).jpegE9B89070-B3D4-49B2-B7E1-9D38D7ACF8AB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

After
97A07BA5-BB60-42D8-BBFB-C11E5CE25A0E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg97A07BA5-BB60-42D8-BBFB-C11E5CE25A0E_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

This shows the depth of the mod
EE7C37E1-670D-4E68-8765-FC9AE43445C9_1_105_c (resized).jpegEE7C37E1-670D-4E68-8765-FC9AE43445C9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

This shows the Fire House with my library and flat iron mods
F57E0FE9-ABEB-46C4-B745-634C296EEF3A_1_105_c (resized).jpegF57E0FE9-ABEB-46C4-B745-634C296EEF3A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#12069 7 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I can separate Trudeu the design of the game to the other stuff but for a big company it appeared to be a massive issue.

Hardly anyone gives a toss about who the designer is. What about all his other games? No one cares.. Only a few shitbags that want to cause issues. If Stern can vault Ghostbusters, I am sure they will. It was a huge seller for them previously and will be again.

#12070 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hardly anyone gives a toss about who the designer is.

Agreed.

What about all his other games? No one cares..

Agreed. There is a Trudeu designed Gottlieb I am trying to buy. I couldn't care less.

If Stern can vault Ghostbusters, I am sure they will. It was a huge seller for them previously and will be again.

What I read on pinside sometime back, but cannot verify, is that Stern would have to pay royalties to Trudeu if more Ghostbusters are made. If true, that could possibly be a corporate sticking point.

#12071 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What I read on pinside sometime back, but cannot verify, is that Stern would have to pay royalties to Trudeu if more Ghostbusters are made. If true, that could possibly be a corporate sticking point.

I think Cotton nailed it. It's not the buyers, it's the sellers... Stern doesn't want to associate with JT, and who can blame them?

I would personally be REAL surprised to see Stern go back to a DMD game... and the super hopeful people can just stop dreaming as they're never going to redo DMD games into LCD ones. That's basically a whole new games worth of coding and rights negotiations etc. etc. Better off hoping for a Ghostbusters Firehouse or whatever the next sequel is gonna be.

#12072 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is just a Pinside runor I believe.

Stern is a machine and they need to keep pumping out games, both old titles and new. NIB are expensive now and Stern will need to keep sales up. Get ready for some vaults I think!

#12073 7 months ago

it would grab alot of people and the new movie is being released to the cinema at 20th Dec 23

Another new GB movie??

#12074 7 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

1.)Check to make sure all the plugs underneath are fully "seated" or plugged in for the ball trough area.
2.)Check for any broken wires on the coil associated with the auto plunger or microswitches.

Hey thanks for responding. I’ve checked all of that. When I done plunger coil test it does the same thing just clicks. Now if I take my screw driver and just gently push down metal wire where the ball sits in the shooter lane it fires every time but if the ball is sitting there it just clicks.

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

#12075 7 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey thanks for responding. I’ve checked all of that. When I done plunger coil test it does the same thing just clicks. Now if I take my screw driver and just gently push down metal wire where the ball sits in the shooter lane it fires every time but if the ball is sitting there it just clicks.

I take that back now it want fire even pushing down by hand

#12076 7 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I take that back now it want fire even pushing down by hand

Replace the microswitch,#22 Shooter Lane 180-5157-01, sounds like it was starting to fail, they don't last long. I always buy them in pairs. If you have a multimeter, test the switch.

Pinballlife.com has them for $5.95

#12077 7 months ago

So evidently my auto plunger problem was either the coil or the wires to it.
My coil seemed really warm but I also noticed when unsoldered the wires one barely had any wire sticking out. So I’ve had plenty of new coils put up and went ahead and installed a new one. I cut the wires back and solder everything up and now she is fire ing on all cylinders.
Thanks to everyone helping me.

#12078 7 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

My coil seemed really warm but I also noticed when unsoldered the wires one barely had any wire sticking out. So I’ve had plenty of new coils put up and went ahead and installed a new one. I cut the wires back and solder everything up and now she is fire ing on all cylinders.

Resistance is bad. One wire working that hard will definitely cause the problem you had,

#12079 7 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Thanks for posting your solution.

1 week later
#12080 6 months ago

I have a brand new left side pro cabinet decal that I won’t be needing if anyone is in need. Don’t think this has been available for purchase for a long time. Pm me if interested $125 shipped in the us.

IMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpeg
#12081 6 months ago

I’m leaving the club if anyone is interested in a super nice Premium. Add is up in the market place.

#12082 6 months ago

Saw this ad for Bears/Commanders Thursday Night Football and I couldn’t unsee Louis Tully... LOL

BC718D2B-858F-4010-9F29-FDF8EE049E09 (resized).jpegBC718D2B-858F-4010-9F29-FDF8EE049E09 (resized).jpegC85DC243-E3EE-4E4F-9A42-93CC2FC07D89 (resized).jpegC85DC243-E3EE-4E4F-9A42-93CC2FC07D89 (resized).jpeg
#12083 6 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Saw this ad for Bears/Commanders Thursday Night Football and I couldn’t unsee Louis Tully... LOL
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awww. The poor Bears. Let’s face it, if Louis Tully, aka “the keymaster” suited up for them, they’d be at least 2-2 instead of 0-4. I’m in MI, and we Lions fans have suffered for years, until this season. We have reason to be optimistic again.

#12084 6 months ago

Greetings guys,
I didn’t see a tech thread for GB, so thought I’d ask a quick question here. Got a GB premium with an issue of not starting the mode (shot under hologram/who brought the dog). The up-post grabs the ball for a split second, then releases it without starting the mode. Other times, it will start the mode. Is there an opto or switch I need to review? Running code 1.17.
Thanks.

#12085 6 months ago

New York City under Glass

0CF9D56A-6AC2-412F-8984-0C8BDFC58908_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0CF9D56A-6AC2-412F-8984-0C8BDFC58908_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#12086 6 months ago

Hey all. First time poster in this thread. Considering trading my Iron Maiden Premium for Ghostbusters Premium plus a little cash my way, thoughts from this group?

#12087 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey all. First time poster in this thread. Considering trading my Iron Maiden Premium for Ghostbusters Premium plus a little cash my way, thoughts from this group?

Wait he's giving you money? Did you mean IMDN LE? If not what are you doing wasting time here..lol Hurry up before they Google how crazy they are!

#12088 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

DO IT!

#12089 6 months ago
IMG_2936 (resized).jpegIMG_2936 (resized).jpeg
#12090 6 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Wait he's giving you money? Did you mean IMDN LE? If not what are you doing wasting time here..lol Hurry up before they Google how crazy they are!

Iron maiden premium and I get GB premium and $1250

#12091 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Do it

#12092 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

0F820DB4-69BE-4B21-9E61-69B707874541 (resized).jpeg0F820DB4-69BE-4B21-9E61-69B707874541 (resized).jpeg
#12093 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You found a fish. Do the trade. Closed sales on pinside suggest the trade + 1250.00 should be going to the Ghostbusters guy.

That said, I do like Iron Maiden. A lot. Just not with my GB plus $1250.00.

#12094 6 months ago

Depends on the condition of the games!No.but I would believe both games being huo busters worth at least 2000.00 or more more

I love both but maiden just had a run ghost busters out of print years ago.

#12095 6 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Depends on the condition of the games!No.but I would believe both games being huo busters worth at least 2000.00 or more more
I love both but maiden just had a run ghost busters out of print years ago.

Agree. Maiden is a stellar design but they are everywhere and still nib for a decent price. GB is a unique pin and far less easy to find. I’ve had my GB longer than any other game.

#12096 6 months ago

Hey my red light on my containment unit doesn’t come on. I went through the test on it and it want light up the green one works.
Can I get that from PB LIFE OR MARCOS.

#12097 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey my red light on my containment unit doesn’t come on. I went through the test on it and it want light up the green one works.
Can I get that from PB LIFE OR MARCOS.

it is just this board
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-single-led-board.html

check the down the line - plugs, wires and solder joints

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 8.58.29 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-16 at 8.58.29 am (resized).png

#12098 6 months ago

Hardly anyone gives a toss about who the designer is. What about all his other games? No one cares.. Only a few shitbags that want to cause issues. If Stern can vault Ghostbusters, I am sure they will. It was a huge seller for them previously and will be again.

People who don't want to give money to a known convicted pedo are "shitbags"?

#12099 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

This Trudeu (sp) stuff happened before I came around here. I am guessing (probably incorrectly) that it was quite a shit show on pinside.

The PR on this would probably be terrible for Stern if they remade Ghostbusters.

#12100 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Nobody supports him or his actions. He’s long gone. I think he’s simply saying the few people who draw a straight line from buying GB to supporting Trudeau aren’t being fair. Nothing we do with these GB pins now or later will have any effect on his future. He has no future in pinball. I’d be surprised if Stern made a GB vault, but if the $ is there, who knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/242?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.