20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smoothbore19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7845 4 years ago

Picked up a nice Premium yesterday. Needs some cleaning and new rubbers. I am having one problem. Sometimes the machine will look for the ball when it locks in the subway. Seems to only do it when there is one ball locked. I have done some reading and really don't have a good hand on how to fix this. I was thinking of bending the piece of metal that diverts the ball. Any good ideas? I did update the code last night also.

#7847 4 years ago

I noticed that when it got stuck this last time the plunger didn't seem to go far enough down and it caught the ball and pushed it back. I shimmed the mount that the plunger coil is attached to, and cut just a bit off the tip of the plunger. Ill play it and see how that worked.

#7851 4 years ago

I am really liking this machine. Hard hell as it is. My playfield is in great shape, but does have dimples. I cant really tell if there is any negative effect on play.

1 month later
#8032 4 years ago

My premium has developed a problem. My Tony Scoleri insert stays litt, my Super Jackpot, and Storsge Facility inserts do not light at all. Also the stacked books inert does not light. I did a node board test. They all said no faults. Also there are no tech alerts. I also noticed while cleaning that only one popbumper led lights up good. Any ideas?

#8034 4 years ago

Thank you. I'll give that a try tonight. Gonna try pit the Louisville Arcade expo here in a few

#8035 4 years ago

Yep no luck. All wires and connectors are hooked up and still the lights are out.

#8036 4 years ago

Hopefully this is not a node board problem.

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the ones you're having a problem with except the book one are at the CN3 connector. Locate that connector (almost the middle of the 9a light board - page 28 of the manual pdf) and power on with the playfield up (and balls out).
If you have a multimeter set to DC V, put the red lead on the bottom of the CN3 connector (5v) and the black lead on the bottom of the CN2 connector (GND) and make sure you have 5v (I think you do because Scoleri is lit solid, but check that it's not overvoltage or something).
Then go to diagnostics and lights (LEDs) and select "ALL". While that test is running, and while watching the inserts on the playfield other side (you may need a mirror) put pressure against the long sides of the CN3 connector, first gently pushing one way, then changing to the other side and pressing the other way. If they light, you have a cold solder connection and just need to reflow the solder.
If they DON'T, try taking the CN3 connector partway up the pins and then reseating it to "scrub" the pins that may have built up resistance. And see if that helps.
See where you're at after those tests.

So I did the test. CN3 shows just under 5V. Like 4.4, 4.8v. NC2 shows 5v. I tested the LEDs also and they show just under 5v each. Tue left Scorleri shows just under 5v, and the right Scoleri the same.

#8048 4 years ago

Also the three insert leds are lighting but only slightly. So their getting power but not enough. When I remove CN3 and test the pins I get 5v, but 4 ish volts when its hooked up.

#8050 4 years ago

Pins look good, I applied pressure both ways and no change. I noticed the same thing with two of the pop bumpers still one has good light the other two are still dim.

#8051 4 years ago

So I'm guessing I have a power flow problem somewhere in the line.

#8053 4 years ago

No luck with any pressure. I'm at a loss.

#8055 4 years ago

When I power the game on the left Scolari led come on first before any other playfield lights also.

20200308_164946 (resized).jpg20200308_164946 (resized).jpg20200308_164957 (resized).jpg20200308_164957 (resized).jpg
#8056 4 years ago

I'm thinking of just ordering a new board.

#8057 4 years ago

All the other leds on the board work.

#8059 4 years ago

I have probes small enough to check but I'm not sure how to test those transistors if that's what they are

20200308_172051 (resized).jpg20200308_172051 (resized).jpg
#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You've got three of them right there, so comparison should out the bad one. I'm assuming Q20 on the back corresponds to CN3 pin 4 on the other side.
I *think* the lead marked "G" are the pins going to ground. Basically set your meter to ohms and check the resistance with the red and black probes between 1 and G, then 2 and G, then 1 and 2 and then reverse the leads on the points, noting the values on each of the 6 tests. Then compare those readings to the transistors on the other two. My *guess* is that it should show you that the first transistor is shorted open.
[quoted image]

Ugh I thought I posted the numbers last night. I think it was Q20 that didnt give me readings on both posts.

#8065 4 years ago

I ordered a new board just case. I'll see about getting this one fixed also for sure. Thank you for all the help

#8086 4 years ago

My Nov 11 2016 build Premium has the correct spelling.

#8088 4 years ago

So the new light board fixed the Scolari LED, but the Storage Facility, Super Jackpot, Stacked Books, and two Pop Bumpers are still barely lighting. The are getting power but are very dim. Could they be bad? I do have some new ones coming in the mail tomorrow.

#8092 4 years ago

Question on the single LED boards for inserts. If the little diode, or transistor I'm not sure what it is. cause the LED itself to no work properly? Like only barley light?

#8094 4 years ago

Ok cool I have four of them arriving tomorrow. If that works I'll have to order the pop bumper ones.

#8096 4 years ago

The pop bumpers are different. I'll need to order those if this fix works. As far as I can tell the stacked books, super jackpot, and storage facility are white. After replacing the board I cant think of anything else other than new leds. Hopefully the new ones will work.

1 year later
#9285 2 years ago

Question? I have a premium and was thinking of doing a straight a trade for another Stern premium. What would be a good machine for a straight across trade? Mine is in great shape, has the Stern blades on the inside, shaker, and lighted buttons. Shooter lane protector, and switch cliffys on the drop ramp switches, and kick out hole, oh and air ball protectors also has all the stern upgrades. V/R Shawn

Added over 3 years ago:

N/A

1 year later
#11655 1 year ago

Question! I installed a tournament button, and go to tournament in the settings and set up all the settings for a long term tournament, but when I shutoff the game and then turn it on. A few days later I have to recreate the tournament settings. All my other settings are good as for time and such, but the tournament settings don’t save? This is on my Premium. I am on the most updated Stern Code.

6 months later
#12081 5 months ago

I’m leaving the club if anyone is interested in a super nice Premium. Add is up in the market place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smoothbore19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=smoothbore19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.