IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10854 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed, these hardly ever wear out in a home environment. Just wipe them off.

A little rubbing alcohol cleans them right up.

1 month later
#10894 1 year ago

And just to think Jersey Jack used cake toppers!!! Bwahaha. Nice GB pin Flasher

1 month later
#10913 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

My friend still has a few parts for sale.
PM if interested.
[quoted image]

Sold the Glo-Balls when you told me you wouldn’t separate?

#10928 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

My plan is to make it resemble the manhattan bridge out of steel plates and wireforms across the top from the tip of ramp to the side dropping to wireforms and led bridge lights.

Iconic bridge scene

4 weeks later
#11056 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks 500x better!

But that magic glass though?!...

#11058 1 year ago

Anyone in this thread have some Glo-balls to sell?

#11065 1 year ago

Thanks for the links. I had trouble finding them. Out of stock many places for a long time. There was a package at one point with 3 green and one pink. The perfect set for the captive balls in GB. Now I can only buy a set of 4 green and no pink. Still looking for solutions if anyone knows.

1 month later
#11133 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Don’t own the game but a place near me just got it . Played it for the first time last week, came back this morning and racked up my first billion point game on anything I’ve ever played! I neeeeed this game in my collection.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Anyone know what the alt translite is on this machine?

2 weeks later
#11209 1 year ago

Have you done a switch test? Can bang on the table to try and recreate it during a test if it’s a loose wire.

4 weeks later
#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Are you willing to part with 3 green and 1 pink?

Ditto. 3&1?

1 week later
#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I was also like the train car but seeing thru it was an issue. I did a bridge instead that rests on the ramp top ledge.
[quoted image]

The bridge scene (with Ray and Winston) is one of my favorites. Would love that sculpt as a callback!

1 week later
#11349 1 year ago

I can feel the love... ya’ll need to get a room!

#11354 1 year ago

Dudes. Start a new thread.

#11369 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yup. I still make the left ramp Airball protector AND the right orbit protector:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/95221
Just ping me.

Morgoth00 get this man’s right orbit protector. I was in pain without it and he just made another batch recently. Thank us later.

#11374 1 year ago
Quoted from Zzap:

It's the fact the ball gets airborne off the shooter lane, as it goes around that right orbit it can rattle around a bit of it's not a smooth transition off the shooter lane

And miss the rollover switch

1 month later
#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Just finished a design for the Library upgrade that will replace the Stern Library - similar in looks and size but has a base that is mounted first and then the top goes over with the building looking similar to the real building.
It has a series of windows that will light up with GI. It will have 2 different mounting systems into the base - one for Pro owners to uterlise the 2 angle brackets and then the 4 holes for the Premium / LE guys.
Also still got to finalise the decal as well.
I am waiting on quote for parts and then I will order a set to final test fit and paint up and install.
Also working on a few other buildings to add that world under glass feeling for this game - something a little more unique.
[quoted image]

Interested in a pro version.

3 weeks later
#11596 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, it lists several numbers and there is no stock to buy. I almost bought the unit from Pinball Life as the part looks exactly like mine. But Doug, at PBL warned me off of it because it is Spike 2. He alluded that it had something to do with the score display.
I am going to call him later today and see if any Spike 1 units arrived in its parts order. If not, I'm writing a letter to Gary and his current president of the company. Who knows if it will do any good? But I'm not shy when I get pissed off. And this pisses me off.
A $20.00 toaster goes bad, I'll go buy another one. An $8000.00 pinball machine needs parts. Worse of it is is that is now when the pins will start breaking and really need these parts.
I want to find out what Stern's policy is with regards to providing parts to keep a pin running.
[quoted image]
Here are the legal requirements regarding manufacturers providing spare parts.
[quoted image]
7 years is the magic number that lets a manufacturer off the hook. GB hit the market in june 2016. This is 2023. 2023-2016 = 7 years.
So legally, Stern can let Spike 1 ride off into the sunset and say, "So long, suckers".
EDIT: I think the 7 year clock starts when the last unit has left the line. I don't know when the last GB was produced. Maybe we have a little bit of time.

I love the smell of class action in the morning

#11599 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Stern’s part department is a mess at the moment. Tons of parts unavailable that should be a no brainer to get made if someone was actually paying attention.
Hopefully this will improve eventually. Maybe once they realize they are leaving money on the table in parts and accessories (toppers, expression lighting kits, etc)

At which point the law will sunset (statute of limitations period). Needs action now.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Do we need to start a new thread like the Jersey Jack thread about all of the hosed up play fields?

Yes

#11605 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I managed to find Stern's support phone number and talked with a very helpful support representative who goes by name of Eddie. Very helpful.
There are been several superseding part numbers for this node board. You know, problems develop and changes need to be made to the board.
According to Eddie, Ghostbusters and WWE were the last 2 Spike 1 games produced. I'm not sure about the WWE but this is what Eddie said.
He said the last 2 Spike 1 games use the 8 driver node board just like the Spike 2 systems. Since Stern is still building Spike 2 games, the Spike 2 boards will be available for awhile. But Spike 1 games are going to be stuck with what parts that they can find under all of the rocks.
I'll try to not get everybody confused
The 199-7017-00A is the the Node Board 9 in my Ghostbusters. But that number was superseded by 520-6985-72. This is the part number that is in my manual, so sometime between building my GB and the manual being printed, the part number was already superseded.
The part number that Pinball Life sells is 520-1057-00. Eddie at Stern says this board will work. Pinball Life says it will not work. Pinball Life says that several customers blew up this board when they installed in in Ghostbusters.
However, Eddie tells me that before installing this 520-1057-00 board that I need to install an SD card with he latest code; After I install the new SD card then I install the 1057-00 board and start the machine up. Pinball Life says it is not familiar with this SD Card/node board combination and advises against it and also advises that node boards are not returnable. So, you take you chances. The story gets better.
The latest superseding part number is: 520-7017-72 is in stock at Pinball Life. And this part number, according to both Eddie @ Stern and the guy at Pinball Life says the 520-7017-72 will work in GB.
Pinball Life's order has come in and the 520-7017-72 node board is now in stock. I will be making my order shortly.
So, we Ghostbusters owners have dodged a bullet. But the earlier Spike 1 games have been cut adrift and are at mercy of the aftermarket suppliers is the way I am understanding it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Epilog: With Pinball Life you need to know absolutely what you are looking for. You cannot search for parts by game since this node board is used in several machines. You would have to know the part number you need, or you have to search "spike node board". With that search term the part shows up.
These are all 7 of the node boards Pinball Life has in stock.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=spike%20node%20board
Marco has a few more Spike node boards in stock. But Marco is out of stock on a lot of node boards.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=spike%20node%20board&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=0&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy
** I hope I wrote this clearly enough that you all can understand.

Fantastic research. Hope all turns out well with your replacements.

#11628 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Bump!
Price drop on all items above to $180!
That's like only paying for the flippers, and the slime, and getting everything else for free!!!
PM if interested.

Take your crap to the marketplace. You posted all this last year and said you wouldn’t part it out. Then you sold the glo-balls separately anyway. Now all that’s left is junk nobody wants. Stop spamming this thread.

30FathomDave

#11642 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

1) With the new code, I do not recognize this game. There have been lots of rule changes. I am going to have to read the README in depth.

Strongly suggest watching this new code stream. That will help.

2 months later
#11889 10 months ago

Does anyone here have the Laseriffic topper? If so can you help me figure out the wiring for power? I was sent a 15 pin power tap to mate to a 15 pin power connector but that doesn’t exist on this board. How do I get the topper LEDs the 12v they need? CoinTaker help pls.

59C695D0-D0D9-4472-8C8F-7F1131F0554F (resized).jpeg59C695D0-D0D9-4472-8C8F-7F1131F0554F (resized).jpeg1482BECA-F37E-4E17-81D8-E44177CEA1E9 (resized).jpeg1482BECA-F37E-4E17-81D8-E44177CEA1E9 (resized).jpegFBD4F980-504D-4F76-B56E-F325C788483E (resized).jpegFBD4F980-504D-4F76-B56E-F325C788483E (resized).jpeg

#11890 10 months ago

My JP pro has its topper connected to CN6 on the power distribution board. Seems like that’s the place to go but will require a different molex connector. Also JP has the schematic labeled as 12v out but GB does not. Thoughts? The JP Elite topper wire also looks to have an inline fuse (yellow). Necessary?

20CAB3B4-062D-41F9-B312-57BFA7236628 (resized).jpeg20CAB3B4-062D-41F9-B312-57BFA7236628 (resized).jpegFD61275A-89D3-41EA-94C3-EB1298EB3D32 (resized).jpegFD61275A-89D3-41EA-94C3-EB1298EB3D32 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#12082 6 months ago

Saw this ad for Bears/Commanders Thursday Night Football and I couldn’t unsee Louis Tully... LOL

BC718D2B-858F-4010-9F29-FDF8EE049E09 (resized).jpegBC718D2B-858F-4010-9F29-FDF8EE049E09 (resized).jpegC85DC243-E3EE-4E4F-9A42-93CC2FC07D89 (resized).jpegC85DC243-E3EE-4E4F-9A42-93CC2FC07D89 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12092 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Iron maiden premium and I get GB premium and $1250

0F820DB4-69BE-4B21-9E61-69B707874541 (resized).jpeg0F820DB4-69BE-4B21-9E61-69B707874541 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#12128 5 months ago
Quoted from paulie484:

I've done some google and pinside research and confusing myself (which isn't too hard!)
I have purchased a backbox power splitter that will run lights for a planned topper
Is there a safe connector at the front of the cab that I can run a 12v mod up at that end ?...rather than running a feed all the way back to the backbox splitter
ie I believe the coin door board has a spare 12v spot ?

The power supply relay in the backbox has a 12v spot labeled CN6. I have a Laseriffic topper connected to it on my pin.

08144E64-83D8-488A-AE70-4D1B1D6EF9B8 (resized).jpeg08144E64-83D8-488A-AE70-4D1B1D6EF9B8 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#12261 3 months ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hey there! Just picked up a pro and am starting to dig in. Having a little trouble figuring out what some of the insert colors mean. Specifically, what do pink shots mean. Also, are red shots always supers? Flashing verses solid for both of those, as well. Enjoying it so far but just want to get a better idea of what I’m doing.
Thanks a lot!

Watch this.

#12270 3 months ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Any idea on a fix? I’ve tried adjusting but nothing seems amiss, but still getting the error. New switch maybe? I also don’t know how to read the switch test screen so I’m not sure exactly what it’s telling me.

Check the cable. Is there a loose wire or broken solder? Trace it to the board and reseat the connection for starters. I’m sure someone else can chime in with more.

#12280 3 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

What would they update / modernize or just rerun GB
Thoughts ?

Slimer would need to eat the ball this time around.

1 month later
#12380 34 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for anyone using headphones on this game. Is there a way to increase the headphone volume? Im maxed out and i would like it to go higher.
I have the Stern headphone hookup on the coin door.

Putting one of these in line would increase the gain. Either portable (battery) or powered (5vDC). https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Headphone-Amplifier-Rechargeble-Computers/dp/B01MS22YWV/ref=mp_s_a_1_4

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Portable-Headphones-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B076JC45M4/ref=mp_s_a_1_14

#12401 28 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Any idea how we could wire this to the game? Would look really cool shining where the player stands I think.
ebay.com link: itm

Ask the pin signal mod guy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lumalegz-you-need-these/page/30#post-7985546

#12408 22 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

including dickless

Is this true?!

#12411 22 days ago

You guys missed the reference… btw, I saw Frozen Empire this morning so I’m already up to speed on the content.

#12415 22 days ago
Quoted from HayBarber:

Frozen Empire and Afterlife were great for both old ghostheads and the next generation of fans. You could also see more influences from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series in Frozen Empire. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed watching my kids get so excited for it.

I’m pretty traditional and try to slow drip things out to my kids as they become age appropriate for my favorite franchises. Sometimes it seems like I’m behind what other parents allow. A friend had his kid watch Top Gun Maverick when he was 6. My oldest saw GB1 as a 5 year old and is almost 7 now. Since my perspective might be off can you or anyone else give an idea of how old you think kids should be to watch Afterlife or Frozen Empire?

#12419 21 days ago

Thanks for the help? Maybe.

IMG_1457 (resized).pngIMG_1457 (resized).png
1 week later
#12447 13 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I enjoyed afterlife a lot and gives me big feels to watch Egon on screen again. Empire was decent but not as much fun as afterlife.

Agree. What I want to know is why each additional sequel in a franchise always seems more forced. The OG Ghostbusters was effortless, fun, goofy, and exciting all in one. They captured lightning in a bottle. The actors were comedic and charismatic. They had one liners for days. “Who’s the stiff?, Yes have some, We’ve got the tools, we’ve got the talent, light is green trap is clean, Dogs and cats living together, Yes this man has no dick, that’s the master bedroom but nothing ever happens in there- What a shame!, Listen- You smell something?, The flowers are still standing!” On and on. Where are the one liners these days?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.