Topic Stats

• 6,739 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 215 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fb75512b07521cd316c2b14aacb088b80e59c69d.jpeg (resized).jpg
D502B61B-8C5A-4C18-8492-E43816160EEB (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Eager Beaver Flipper Gap (resized).PNG
68661078_2171231719835341_5055202517713944576_n (resized).jpg
68661078_2171231719835341_5055202517713944576_n (1) (resized).jpg
68554859_2179226062204796_3822761377248837632_n (resized).jpg
68481352_652995345187470_1385058336562479104_n (resized).jpg
68334674_1172135742972504_107662039698112512_n (resized).jpg
67942587_892955034432257_8397604951462772736_n (resized).jpg
67755179_512797486204088_9110689828927700992_n (resized).jpg
67755179_512797486204088_9110689828927700992_n (1) (resized).jpg
67738424_571631006921218_7467873707315167232_n (resized).jpg
67697816_2364288957171413_4937338118211633152_n (resized).jpg
68697912_716705598773104_4185599424140935168_n (resized).jpg
68360822_431834370876240_680988698531069952_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (1 year ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

waiting for a Pro down here in Aus, beautiful looking game

5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0.jpeg_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#187 3 years ago

sad news for aussies, shipment has been delayed and the first container now not getting to Sydney until end of June..... another 8 weeks... bummer

1 week later
#273 3 years ago

I have been sitting on this mod for a while and finished off the universal mount bracket so this can now be mounted to a side panel or base panel or a overhead panel - with no screws and easily relocatable with no damage. the window is approximately 38mm square with both panels front and back back lit.

Building_Sign1_(resized).png

Building_Sign2_(resized).png

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Got an example of what this would look like in the game? Where are you intending?

Sadly Australia machines are delayed for another 7 weeks but the design allows it to go anywhere where the customer wants to place it as it is magnet mounted hence the rotation mounting options of side, base and top mounting.

1 week later
#473 3 years ago

Here is a simple mod for the Stern Ghostbusters pinball - Ghost Trap for the shooter gauge slot on the apron. These are renders showing what it would look like with the green section as a simulation of possibly some green led glow from underneath that could be on all the time or timed with an insert of the ball launch ?? something for you to decide and customise a little. Simply double side tape it down or 2 dabs of a silicon glue. Either paint or print up a small piece of paper or sticker for the hazard tape on the opened doors.

Trap_1_(resized).png

Trap_3_(resized).png

Trap_2_(resized).png

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Sweet, are you going to be making this MOD?

will be available soon

#517 3 years ago

nearly done and will post an update in the custom flipper bat thread

colours are just random but
Red - 2 7/8" bat
Purple & White - 3" bat
Yellow & Black - 3 1/8" bats ideal for the Trudeau flipper gap

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-flippers-removeable-flippers

Flipper_Range_1_(resized).png

3 weeks later
#793 3 years ago

another option for longer flippers is the 3 1/8" custom quick swappable bats to swap between 3" and 3 1/8" in a few minutes all with the playfield down in the playing position, PBL perfect play rubbers fit nicely.

Set5_(resized).png

pke_bat_assembly_(resized).png

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Doesn't changing the flippers switch all the angles in the shots?

no because the same profile continues down a few extra mm's, with the tip of the bat being solid, allowing the option of 2 7/8", 3" or 3 1/8" bats swapped out for fun, comps and kids in a few minutes now possible.

7 months later
#2035 2 years ago

did a road trip and finally picked up a new GB Pro. beautiful looking game...

I haven't played yet and noticed already probably 100 dimples (to be expected from a play test but still surprising having not played it yet). My question to those having bought new sterns, on inspecting the playfield I noticed 6-7 raised bumps in the clear where it must of had crap / dust on the playfield when curing and never buffed off. What is going to happen to these spots as that are in the main front to middle of the playfield. Will they level off or will the clear possibly crack / chip? I can't put a mylar piece on it as it will just bubble.

is this just a normal thing and will the raised bumps level out?

1 week later
#2064 2 years ago

Can someone point me in the right direction for the GB rule sheets or a link - can't remember where I say them a few months ago.

2 weeks later
#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thinking of getting GB pro next week.
Where can I get the cliffy protectors for this? Looking for the out hole, shooter lane, and storage facilty.
Thanks.

head to Cliffy and ask him for a set for GB, but don't think there is anything yet for the Storage Facility

http://cliffysprotectors.com/

#2151 2 years ago

for the shooter lane - I used cliffy's on the rhs of the scalloped grove and pinball life's for the lhs - wasn't a fan of the pounding of bolts for the cliffy lhs. Together they work well but if a ball is shot out hard sometimes it goes up and gets hung up on the pinball life one on the edge. Happened 4 times in 400 games - need to turn the power down on the trough switch.

#2153 2 years ago

I finally got to the stay putt mode but didn't know what I was doing

Can someone explain the stay puff mode on a pro for me, and on the pro does he change colour and how.?

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Sounds like your enjoying your GB Pro Jady Do you see it as a keeper? Just one more game type machine?

really enjoying, definitely a one more game and kids are enjoying which is even better = glad I got it and not going anywhere for quite a while.

1 week later
#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Has anyone hooked up mods on their GB machine that need to hook into a GI lamp or flasher?
I have a die cast car that I'm trying to hookup, but I am struggling to get it to light up. It came with a red and black wire and I am trying to hook it up to the scoleri lamp but it won't light. I know the car lights up because I just tested it on the shoot again lamp on creature and it lit right up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

just guessing, but could be the polarity of the leds inside the car, so try swapping around the connection / bulb that you are connecting too ????

#2405 2 years ago

when adjusting the flippers make sure the bat is not sitting on the deck of your playfield otherwise you will start to loose art very quickly - just be mindful and copy the gap from one for the adjusted one.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Noob putting an order in from pinball life.
I have no pinball parts. Help me put a list together of things I should have on hand for my GB and pinball in general, e.g., extra lights, springs, cleaning products, etc.
Thanks.

definitely swap out the pin balls

cliffy's for the shooter lane and drain hole are worthwhile - contact cliffy on pinside

#2428 2 years ago

Not splits but I have designed some target wedges and currently testing to tilt the targets forward = huge reduction in airballs so removes the need for the air ball protectors - just need slightly longer screws for the target assemble.

edit splits is supposed to be splints, sorry

1 month later
#2839 2 years ago

the target wedges are now available, also mentioned in the GB issue thread.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ULXAHMCWL/stern-pinball-target-wedge-4-degree-twin-pack?optionId=62462025

they come in single or pairs and the pairs is more affordable
710x528_18524101_10863747_1492766066 (resized).png

cut the 2 branches off to look like this
710x528_18132518_10646956_1492504627 (resized).png

remove the targets and install the wedge
710x528_18486765_10863747_1492764110 (resized).jpg

and you will need 1 x longer bolt as the current one just a fraction too short. For more info check out the link. This basically turns the target into more of a bally / wms style and keeps the ball down and greatly reduces airballs - still get a minor hop but no massive airballs anymore.

2 weeks later
#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question: who makes the slingshot lane protectors that don't cover up the whole area. (like the ones that come in the upgrade kit from pblife) Saw a GB on route with these and I like them better than the ones that cover all the lanes with just clear plexi.
I've looked on here, modfather, etc, and just not finding it.

TaylorVA has teamed up with Cliffy to do nice metal ones to blend in better.

1 month later
#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Can someone tell me what the two circled lights do? The one on the right is lit more often then the left, but I can't figure out what they indicate. Thanks

would be good if they finished some code on these as I would love to finish off with a interactive mod to link to these.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from miga:

I was wondering if someone knows if you order a new GB Pre from a distributor now, if the playfield is not only fixed ghosting wise but if the clear is fixed too, and maybe looking like a AS playfield?
Also the GB playfields seem to have a softer wood, at least the early ones.
Played my friends AS LE and that PF just looks awesome. Hardly any dimples.

Aussie's distributor in NSW - AMD Amusements wouldn't have old games as keeps selling out.

I do think the wood is a little softer than years ago but they are probably using more fast growing tree plantations now so not alot of choice there just the industry. Gomez said in a fairly recent interview that they have settled on a clearcoat now that is durable but flexible which means they will all dimple compared to their previous clears as they were much harder but had a tendency to crack and ghost. I got mine in Feb 17 and was a Dec 16 build and has been great - some dimpling, no cracking or ghosting with 600-700 plays.

#3296 2 years ago

I did see a facebook post about code, not specifically on GB but someone asked what about GB code and the Stern response was just wait.... but who knows, but really hope so.

#3304 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

After owning this game since October, I finally lit Stay Puft for the first time tonight... only to brick my shot and immediately drain.
One of these days, Stay Puft...

know the feeling

I got it for the second time yesterday on the last ball to only launch the ball up behind the library and got caught, slid the glass and tried to then drop the ball down the shooter lane to give me time to slide the glass up and tilted the game lol

1 month later
#3474 2 years ago

Maybe they can setup the replacement part at Shapeways as then it would be solid nylon. That is the downside of home 3d printers as the parts are only a % of fill (not solid) and therefore weaker. Make sure to reach out to Mezel as sure they would replace for you, and make any necessary changes.

1 week later
#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I didnt bother with the drop target cliffys, in fact, I turned them off, they annoy the crap out of me. lol

I have done the same and working on a little project

1 month later
#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what pinball is all about, being curious. I was curious to see if I could make the mini pf for my Jackbot, took me 3 hours but I made it and it's a 99.99% perfect match. Cost me about $5 for the plastic, but it has no art on it. It was a fun project.

nice work

I have the ai artwork for Pinbot which I am sure has the same playfield design, you could change the colours of the bot to the jackbot version to have some really unique...

#3758 1 year ago

finally installed 2 x Ghostbuster mods - Firestation Plunger Plate, and custom solid polished brass Firestation shooter to capture the feeling of the building history.

IMG_3098 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anyone know what the red inserts below the outlane flash for? Can't figure them out.

haven't work them out either and on the pro the right lights up alot more than the left

1 week later
#3907 1 year ago

here is a screen grab so we have some proof that they made the promise.

screen-capture-7 (resized).png

#3920 1 year ago

wondering if another idea for the modes to get around the linear option is for modes to be offered in the order of the ball in play.
so hit ghost and then slimer to be offered regardless of what has NOT been completed at the beginning of the ladder:
ball 1 - Spooked librarian, We got one, Who brought the dog
ball 2 - Back off man, He slimed me, Spooked central
ball 3 - Librarian, The ballroom, Gozer the Gozerian

Scenario 1 - is if you have a crap ball one, you are offered a different mode for ball 2 etc = mixes it up for players and changes the strategy a little.
Scenario 2 - if you complete say mode 2 and 3 of a particular ladder in those balls (2 & 3) the lesser non finished mode is offered as the next to be played in ball 3 for eg.
Scenario 3 - Stay Puft still has to be earned after completing the 3 modes on the rhs ladder.
Scenario 4 - on completing a mode still keep the flashing option of all 3 ladders of that ball, or then the lesser then the higher - depends what has been completed.

so still linear in a way to play the end of ladder modes like "we came, we saw" but with a little variety and allows a player to experience some of the more higher levels and maybe a bonus can be given if you complete the modes in order like spelling FILM in CFTBL

#3922 1 year ago

one CODE thing that would be great - is those 2 red inserts in the outlanes light up to a function so us modders could adapt a mod to or to flash fast synced when the flippers switch to opposite sides ...., as I never hear the sound when the switch starts and always lose a ball or 2 when the mode finishes.

1 month later
#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone have any instructions on how to build this mod?

hey finnflash here is the thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade

1 week later
#4129 1 year ago

I know a number of us have been battling the solution to the airballs off the x2 and x3 multiplier targets including my wedges that I designed and made available on Shapeways a while back which had mixed results.

I have been tinkering away in an attempt to improve on those. My thoughts was always that we shouldn't have to design air ball protectors and wedges etc and it must be something about Stern's target design - in that it has changed.

the target design has changed, as it use to have the angle built into the bracket where now it is vertical and that it has lowered - yes gives a cleaner look but effectively drops the rivet down at the ball impact height where it is luck if the ball deflects down or up off the target rivet. Therefore I redesigned the Stern target base mount to have a 5 degree lean forward and with the mounting holes lowered a few millimetres which effectively lifts the target higher which in turn means with the target sits higher and now leans forward 5 degrees. Now the ball hits the lower side of the rivet of the target and since there is a lean forward the target deflects now to roughly the vertical position together keeping the ball down on to the playfield.

I have been playing for about 20 games and really focusing on smashing the multiplier targets as hard as I can, with the overall results being:
- x 3 multiplier - very successful and very very happy - no airballs in 90-100 hits
- x 2 multiplier - successful and very happy - did not have any airballs on direct hits but still had a couple of very small hop airballs - but nothing huge like it use to. So not 100% successful but alot better than standard and the wedges so a 95% improvement. I believe the angle that the x2 multiplier sits contributes to hard to the side hits that do a unusual airball deflect.

if you want to give these a try head to Shapeways on the link below and pick a metal print that suits your taste and give them a play. There is no tapping or drilling to do just bolt in using the same bolts and footprint. I can't control the price as that is deemed by there pricing, sorry. Shapeways will have a free shipping deal for anywhere in the world for Cyber Monday.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

the design
IMG_3511 (resized).jpg

new and Stern bracket side by side
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG

new and Stern top view of slot differences
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg

the bracket locations - new bracket is the same thickness so fits in the same mounting locations
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG

original impact height
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg

3x target upgrade installed comparison to the 2x
IMG_3535 (resized).JPG

2x & 3x bracket installed and you can see the raised impact height difference now
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

#4136 1 year ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Pro here, that's neat about the slings though on the Prem+, saw that mentioned earlier. Also yeah, after the initial honeymoon phase of having it wore off I'm wanting to progress more into the modes but about 80% of my ricocheting balls hit the side of the outlane and drop straight down at a right angle, with no chance to even nudge save. That compared with the droopiness of the flippers leading to very difficult ball control is just making it too frustrating. I don't mind the large gap in the middle on its own, but all of that together is too much.

lift up the flippers so that it improves that area

as for the rebound off the rubbers that then send the ball down the outlane is frustrating at time - I do have a possible solution for this - just need time.

1 week later
#4159 1 year ago

Cyber Model deal on some mods - various including GB

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-weekend-sales

#4172 1 year ago
Quoted from tasman:

Has anyone else tried these? If so how did they work for you

Only just released but a few people have purchased in the last few days so a few people might chime in the near future

1 month later
#4352 1 year ago

nice work on the new sounds

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

So, my Library scoop metal protector that came from the factory got bent out of shape after a few thousand credits, causing the ball to bump SDTM when coming out of the orbit. I bought a brand new Cliffy replacement and it's already also gotten bent out of shape. I don't see a ton of people complaining about this part on the forum, so I'm going to assume there's something off about my machine. Perhaps my playfield has a slight warp there or something, I don't know.
Rather than drop another chunk of change on replacing the piece again, I'm considering just removing the protector.... I figure worse case scenario, in a few years I might start to see some chipping or wear on the rim and if its a problem I can just cover it back up again with a protector. But maybe I can keep applying a clear protective coat to the most abused areas of the scoop? The storage facility saucer has no metal protector and it's holding up fine.
Any advice on what kind of clear protective coat I can brush onto heavy traffic areas?

check out my post on another thread where my scoop failed, yours could be heading that way ???
post 2727
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/55#post-3685932

my distributor sent me a new one but I stuck with my beefed up one
post 2811
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/57#post-3694640

1 month later
#4637 1 year ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Is the color changing Marshmallow Man implemented / coded as per the feature matrix? I can’t say I’ve noticed it changing colour, but I may not have been paying attention!

I have wondered this myself or if it is a premium / le thing only?

can anyone confirm this?

#4640 1 year ago

yes they did say it was a feature but never seen it

2 months later
2 weeks later
#4810 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m contemplating a Pro purchase and wondering what is a “ safe built after date” considering some of the playfield and cabinet issues I believe was occurring ?

after Dec 2016 should be fairly safe, mine is from that period and outlanes are lifted and don't need a protector, still dimples but they all do, I put on the drain and shooter lane cliffy's and been going strong since with no ghosting inserts.

1 week later
#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

looks like you could wedge the original bracket to achieve the desired angle.

that won't work as already tried the wedge within the assembly for some success, wedging between the bracket and playfield will fowl with the circuit boards and the new brackets actually lift the target as well as tilt it forward with the combination working very well.

#4892 1 year ago

target base replacements to stop the airballs off the multiplier targets

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

290x218_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I bought the plates for the targets from you and they work o.k. for me... But a protector was the cheaper way to stop the airballs complete. I added a washer to the ghost target so the angle is more to the playfield. But with fast balls I got airballs. Maybe i should buy one of your new target base.

based on your response you purchased the my original design which were the 4 degree target wedges and agreed they worked ok and had a few ways to assemble so results for people varied.

The new metal brackets now tilt the bracket 5 degrees forward from the vertical but also raise the target up 2mm which has the ball hitting the target under the rivet which improves the ball control.

Not to slam the airball protectors, but they are trying to tame the problem and not solve the problem.

#4904 1 year ago

I know when I had no target modification the left target was my larger problem of the 2 giving me some massive airballs so the angle that it sits within the playfield must be contributing to the issue. so for you arcadiusmaximus try rotating the left target a fraction so the left side drops down a little and test and then rotate up to see it removes the occasional airball.

#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Regarding the multiplier standup airballs - Has anyone tried adding a layer of dead drop foam on top of the existing foam, extending it up to cover the metal tab? Seems like this tab could be a major source of rebound energy, and the foam would both damp it and keep the target from angling back as much, thus rebounding the ball with less energy and at a lower angle.

yes I did lots of experimenting with that and explained on the gb issue thread but summary here:
experiment 1 - just the extra foam - did reduce the energy but made them hard to activate and had to hit them hard to activate them then producing an airball at times
experiment 2 - designed my wedges to tilt the targets along with the foam and still made them hard to activate and heavily reduced the airballs on the right (only occuring 1-5%) but not as much much on the left (occuring 5-10%) at a guess. So the left target pan angle does have an outstanding issue to the airball situation.
experiment 3 - designed the new bases to better introduce the 5 degree angle but also lift the target 2mm trying to keep the balls impact below the target rivet and effectively keeping the ball down and returning to the flippers fast, but with a glancing shot to the left target very occasionally gives you a small air ball / hop.

I strongly believe Stern changed their target bases from what use to have a angle bent into them to now a vertical target and lowered the target for a cleaner look but the negative of these 2 things is the lack of angle allows the target to go back beyond the 90 degrees along with the rivets location encourages the ball to go sky bound and hit the perspex ball protectors or fly through the game.

#4921 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Fair enough. Thank you, Swinks. I’ll be ordering a pair of your brackets soon!

yeah, don't get me wrong I am not pushing the brackets but I wanted to solve the problem, not control the problem

all the best with what option you choose

#4923 1 year ago

there are 2 pieces that interlock into it and it is a standup sign for the backbox or elsewhere

#4941 1 year ago

Q1 - did anyone ever hear how the proton streams would interact with the game?

Q2 - were they linked to the red inserts or or the proton pack insert?

Q3 - also apart from points what does the gear assist to?

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Hi Everyone,
New GB Pro owner here. Loving the machine so far! I had played it before and it was okay, but my daughter and I played it quite a few times at GS Pinball Festival and added it to my want list...what do you know, one came up on CL for the right price, so I grabbed it.
Stern's have a really nice feel to them, like when you close the door on a BMW...just feels tight and solid.. It had 925 plays on it and I believe it really is HUO, but man...dirty playfield! I cleaned and waxed it immediately. No ghosting at all, so I am happy about that. I will order Cliffy's….only noticeable issue is the shooter lane by the ball eject is worn.
Observations
1) It has the "old" Slimer, so it's not ultra sensitive. I moved the cable to the center and don't see a difference. It definitely registers a direct hit, but not a glancing blow, so I see it as a...you have to be accurate....like shooting a lane.
2) Lot's of air balls! Should I turn the coils strength down? Probably how the playfield got so dirty.
3) Very few STDMs....the ejects seem to divert to one side or the other really well.
4) Recommendations for mods?
Thanks!
Damagio

check through this thread and the Ghostbusters issue thread for tips for tuning and fixes

1. if a pro the hits to slimer most of the time need to be straight on

2. these brackets will heavily reduce the airballs
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

3. that's good

4. there is a ghostbuster mod thread for mods and check the bottom bar of this thread and on shapeways, hooked on pinball etc.

1 week later
#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Any speculation on what the unused outlane inserts were intended for and how they'll tie into gameplay in the future? ? They are round, red inserts in my game, with no writing or graphic on them. I have a theory that they were intended to be part of the so-called "proton stream" feature that never made it into the game. I'm hoping a the long-awaited code update does something with them.

I have been wondering the same and hope they are used in the code update for the reverse flippers and stay permanently lit when the flippers are reversed.

#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am looking at buying a used HOU GB Premium from a guy a few hours away. The only concern I have is the ghosting and playfield issues Stern has had with these since they brought them out.
I believe this one has a build date in early 2017. Can anyone comment on when Stern supposedly resolved the ghosting and chipping issues with GB? Is anything manufactured in 2017 in the clear?

pretty anything after Oct / Nov 2016 is pretty safe

I personally did opt for some cliffy's for the drain and shooter lane as protection

#5030 1 year ago

As a timeline - I got my Pro in March 2017 (in Australia) which was a Oct 16 Playfield and a Nov 2016 build and no ghosting has occured, but has some crazing on the large mode directional arrows from new and you won't see it until it is on though not a big issue and hasn't grown after 1200 games. It also has the mis-spelling which is a non issue.

Awesome game, except for the drops, they are annoying and turned off.

As for the photos of the Premium - not sure if they are marks on the glass but seems to be a smudge on the 60" and "80" insert rings???

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraiklyn:

Hi,
A rogue ball seems to have chipped my Ecto Goggles glass right at the front! Does anyone know the process for getting a replacement? I
think i could probably rotate it around so the chip is at the back but thought I may as well bank a spare anyway.
I'm a bit of a newbie but I couldn't see a spares section on Sterns website so maybe I just talk to the distributor here in NZ? I guess I need to lookup the spares number too.
Cheers!

get yourself one of these

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from Kraiklyn:

What exactly is ghosting please?

basically the clearcost delaminating from the inserts and giving a ghosting cloudy look - happened on the GB games in the early 2016 games and seemed like alot of the LE's but alot of the guys got replacement playfields

2 weeks later
#5085 1 year ago

I have considered modelling the library but with a ghost movement lighting effect

1 week later
#5107 1 year ago

where does this go????

I had the hood (playfield) up today and then did a test game and the ball got stuck just after the launch lane up near marsh mellow man and the ball was stuck on a post laying in the orbit.

I have had a look around and can't work out where it is from - as not sure if it fell from a different location and rested in the orbit after the playfield was vertical

anyone know where this might be from - it is a grey hard plastic post with a screw going through the centre at with the grey post 32mm / 1 1/4" long

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
#5108 1 year ago

here is a small little mod for the pro games - a strengthener bracket for the mounting point at the end of the ramp near the right side sling shot. It supports on the top and underneath the ramp plastic.

CFTBL has a similar mounting point and often in time this mounting point is susceptible to cracking / breaking.

If interested check out the most recent item on the link below.

standard ramp mounting point
IMG_4314 (resized).JPG

strengthened up mounting point using the bracket available in various colours
IMG_4315 (resized).JPG

#5109 1 year ago

This is a hotwheels mount bracket for the Ghostbusters pinball shooter lane utilising the spirit level mount holes (in which I also have a cliffy protector fitted so suits that as well) avoiding any new holes being made in your game, to mount a "regular" or "cartoon" style Hotwheel Ghostbusters diecast 1:64 scale car to give that affect that when you shoot a ball the Ghostbusters Team are off to catch ghosts. I went for a cartoon style Ecto purely because the game has cartoon style art.

To fasten the car to the bracket, either:

- drill out the rivet underneath and then install a new screw from underneath the bracket and into the car which there are 2 holes for install options
OR
- drill a new hole through the car further down the centre and either screw fasten or pop rivet the car on to the bracket - use a few packing washers to stop any distortion of the bracket between the car and the bracket.

If you want to take it a step further,
- you could install a small 3-5mm led inside the vehicle's cabin and connect up to GI for a cool glow inside the vehicle
OR
- add a few 3mm flashing blue leds into the beacons to pulse when the ball is in the shooter lane.

For leds you will need to drill a hole in the underside of the car for wires to pass through but there will be 3 extra holes in the bracket for the wires to pass through. AND there is even a cable tie anchor lug on the underside of the bracket to secure wires to one side and keep everything tidy and concealed without interferring with the ball. Then pass the wires under the apron side and be hidden away from the players view.

Simply select the material of your choice to get the look that appeals to you. On the one in the pictures I went for purple as it is similar to the playfield art style.

This bracket could even be used for the shooter lane with a Batmobile for Batman 66. Let me know if you want any other colours opened for more choice.

For the car apart from a hobby shop or your local toyshop you can find them at ebay.
Ecto
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ecto+diecast+1%3A64&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15

Batmobile
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=batmobile+tv+series+diecast+1%3A64&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=batmobile+diecast+1%3A64&LH_TitleDesc=0

Side View
ecto-e (resized).jpg

Standard Shooter Lane
ecto-a (resized).jpg

Shooter Lane with new bracket
ecto-b (resized).jpg

Car fitted to new bracket
ecto-c (resized).jpg

Slightly different angle with car fitted
ecto-d (resized).jpg

Note: the ramp strengthening bracket in some of the shots.

cheers

#5111 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had the same thing. Check Post #4772

I thought I saw it it somewhere, just didn't go far enough back - looks like a PITA to put back there as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/96

3 weeks later
#5142 1 year ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Dropped off all my parts today at the powder coating shop to get a fresh glossy white after sandblasting the texture off. I can’t stand the Blah Black stern stock metals. The coin door went to a different shop, the plastics are a special paint to match setup.[quoted image]

look forward to seeing what you will do.

2 months later
#5444 9 months ago

the problem seems to lay with Dwight as Games of Thrones, Star Wars and Ghostbusters all await code updates (maybe GoT is complete) he should be able to do another game until he finishes these 2-3

I still enjoy the game and hope for a few special features to make it awesome.

You would also think finishing the game and making it awesome would increase the sales even more....

2 weeks later
#5492 9 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

In addition, I'm going to try the Mezelmod target splints. Usually I just use a washer under the pf to compensate for learning, but it didn't work with the shapeways bracket. It caused the switch to stay compressed. That left orbit is so tight I don't need target lean to make it worse.

sounds like you used the wedge and not the steel bracket and maybe some addition foam???? The wedges were my first attempt, but the targets need to come up so the brackets improve on this. One of the targets is under a circuit board so a washer is getting close.

I am pretty sure the splints stop the previous stern targets from leaning to a side unless your game has the older targets

#5506 9 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

No extra foam, just the Shapeways bracket. Using a washer to lean it made the 2x target not register.

the brackets already lean the targets forward so doesn't need washers, have you possibly put the washer on the wrong side under the bracket. Have you got a photo of the washers installed? just never heard of this issue and doesn't make sense - seems like something else is in play as the brackets won't affect the switch from working.

The only thing I can think is that in using the angled brackets and a washer increases the angle even more which in turn will lock the target hard up in the hole not allowing the switch to move.

The brackets will never 100% remove air balls but greatly reduces them, one issue that can't be fixed is the pan angle of the target and the way the playfield is made and in hitting the side of the 2x target will still give the occassional air ball. The plastic air ball cover purely limits the height of the airball and does not try to solve the airballs. These brackets get close to solving but the playfield is machined in a way that the pan angle can not be changed unfortunately.
710x528_22599733_11830734_1534457521.jpg

#5521 9 months ago

I created a swap out flipper bat system that you can change the bats in a few minutes, post stays in and you can change the bat from regular (3") to lighting (2 7/8") or carrot lengths (3 1/8") in a flash. The downside it is a order from Shapeways and you need to tap a thread into the posts, unless someone wants to pump out a heap posts and make available and then the bats can just drop on.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksflipper&sort=newest

these were version 1 with a hidden screw which looked good but the screw was hard to reach, the screw is now on top which is easier to get to but takes away from the look....
Flipper Bat v1 - GB Set (resized).JPG

#5523 9 months ago
Quoted from spidey:

What I did was put a washer underneath the bracket (between bracket and the pf) on the right side, to make it lean to the right to compensate for the left lean that occurs during play. But it must just be too tight.

yeah that makes sense as there is not alot of room especially a side ways tilt, I don't think any washer, gadget, bracket, protector is going to SOLVE the problem....
- the bracket greatly reduces the air balls to an occassional airball / hop due to the pan angle of the target
- the protector controls the air balls but the ball is still going to get air, hit the protector and then rebound into your playfield and adding dimples

my preference is the brackets as they are steel and will last and I just can't handle the look of the protector - though no offense to the creator/s, just not my thing.

1 week later
#5552 8 months ago

Anyone wanting some parts from Shapeways - Cyber Monday Sale
The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off

all Swinks stuff

Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest

Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

Ghostbusters parts including the target brackets

#5569 8 months ago

Thanks for the support guys, a number of people grabbed the target bracket

Shapeways 15% discount extended for all of Tuesday now

The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off
all Swinks stuff

Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest
Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

and Shapeways is introducing a price rise on the 1st Jan 2019 so in a months time everything will be 25-30% more expensive.

#5574 8 months ago

thanks for the support guys, in which about 10 people took advantage of the sale which is still running for a few more hours.

1 month later
#5654 7 months ago

Zach Sharp on Head2Head podcast recently said that it was getting an update soon as well.

Just hope Dwight is not doing the next games code as then we are screwed for a while longer.

#5657 7 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Dwight is rumored to be on Munsters, and pics are out there of it in the line. So maybe when that’s at 1.0...

I was worried about that....

2 weeks later
#5698 7 months ago

I call bullshit of that comment with the mode being a mistake and it should not of been on the card. If it made it on to the games rule card, went through numerous art checks etc then it should be part of the game or it should of been taken off very early days

What he really needs to do is use the red outlane inserts to stay lit when in the flippers swap and turn off when it goes back to regular, man I drain so often as hard to determine when you are in that mode or not. The wizard modes need to be a little more exciting as well - maybe he can check out the GB rules suggestion thread or it be sent to him.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list

#5721 6 months ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I installed the standup targets brackets today. They seem well printed and fit well. Unfortunately, for me I am not sure how much of a reduction it gave in airballs. I still felt like I was 50% or higher airballs of the targrts. Probably reduced it some, but I am still seeing a lot of airballs. Oh well, I still appreciate you designing these.

Thanks for giving it a try and I am surprised as though never promised to totally remove the airballs I am surprised you are still getting 50% airballs.

Is it a brand new game or had a few months of play? if the game is new things will tame down a little and you should see a difference so leave them in.

#5725 6 months ago

it doesn't help that the head2head guys aren't fans of GB, as there are more issues like the flippers swapping and a better indicator of when they are swapped, mixing up the ladders a little

overall I think Dwight just wants to move on and almost couldn't be bothered with GB which is a shame, unlike Lyman that wants to make every game a masterpiece

#5732 6 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I’m jumping into the fray and thinking of getting a Ghostbusters. I’m sure it’s been asked before,so please bear with me. Which model should I get? Any really advantage of the LE? There’s a bunch of GB in the marketplace. Is there anything specific to this game to look for when buying used, buying tips. Thanks!

I think GB is a good game and just needs a little polish. For me the Pro is ample, was not a huge fan of the magnaslings, would of loved the through the playfield ramp but both are fun games

I am working on a few game play changing mods that hopefully work and add a bit more playing pleasure after I finish snackbar mods

2 weeks later
#5779 6 months ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

Haven't posted too much on Pinside but I'm sure there are others with this same issue, so thought I'd bring this up so someone could assist me. I hope I have posted in the correct area. I have a GB Pro I've had for 2 years and love it. Unfortunately the standard hole protector around the left scoop has raised/lifted to the point it affects the angle of the ball coming down from the left orbit. The raised protector forces the ball slightly to the right that causes the ball to centre drain EVERY time. So damn frustrating as affecting gameplay in a big way. I guess I have two choices:
1) use adhesive/glue to stick down the protector to the playfield.
or
2) remove the protector and put a little mylar down to help protect the timber around the scoop.
Any suggestions would be very grateful.
Thanks.[quoted image]

I would upgrade to a cliffy protector and his postage rates are good to down under

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GBPro-LTscoop003.jpg

#5785 6 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Ok
New to the GB club
Q: What tweaks should be looked at - I have the GBLE
Q: Is the pitch 6.5 correct for this machine, or should it be 7.0 as I read somewhere a while ago.
Q: Is there a rules strategy guide as per V1.13 (I couldn't find on the forum)
Thanks

A: align your bats with the inlane guides as some releases had saggy flippers, for the premium the rhs ramp might need some adjustment with the height spacer, angled target brackets
A: 6.5 is great, 7.0 if you want to make the game a little harder and faster again
A: check out the link
http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=878

#5786 6 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I assumed this was a Cliffy, yes what he said. Get a cliffy

Stern did that original one and cliffy's are just a little bit better in design

1 week later
#5791 5 months ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I was thinking about picking up a spare node board just as a just in case. Node 8, which seems to fail the most, is listed as p/n 520-6985-72. Apparently this part has been superseded by p/n 520-7017-72. Can someone confirm this to be true? Thanks !

I came across this in another thread which should be helpful, by pinsider @hocuslocus

Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus copy (resized).pngStern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdf
2 weeks later
#5859 5 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

If only more people would talk with their wallets instead of buying every new Stern release. I now know quite a few people who have not been buying new Sterns because they are angry about the constant, blatant disregard for people who purchased Ghostbusters.

I like the look of Munsters Pro but not getting another Dwight game until GB is finished

1 week later
#5885 5 months ago

Pretty sure it is swaged on

#5915 4 months ago

yes avoid using the cliffy's for the scoleri bros drops and I turned the scoleri bros off a year ago as well. Early days I thought I would love them but, NO....

#5919 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, just wow. Here's what Dwight said...
"When Munsters is done I will work on other things, not making any promises, Ghostbusters will definitely get some attention at some point"
26 months after the last code and that's what is said...wow.

just heard the pinball profile interview and he doesn't seem to have any drive for fixing GB, disappointing

#5926 4 months ago

yep want to go Munsters as well but put that on hold until GB is finished and Munsters shapes up

1 week later
#5989 4 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Biased crowd here, but close to snapping one of these up as my only pin. I'm an average player. How frustrating will this pin be with the stock flippers and no center post?
Also, is there any realistic chance of code actually being finished?

it's a fun game for a average player, there are mods for longer flipper bats and centre post if you really want them

yes the code will come but even so the game is pretty good fun for the average to good player

1 week later
#6029 4 months ago

Most games are measured from flipper shaft to flipper shaft and the standard is 7 inches, Trudeau typically goes 7 1/8 inches.

I designed my own set of interchangeable flipper bats where I can go between 2 7/8" to 3" to 3 1/8" bats and it only takes a couple of minutes to swap out.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksflipper&sort=popularity

3 weeks later
#6093 3 months ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I have faith in Stern. They are just waiting for the anniversary of the code!
[quoted image]

I got my game Nov 2016 with 1.13.0 installed in it so those dates in that picture are not correct

1 week later
#6153 3 months ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

check out the link for a few things, the 4th item along is the metal angle brackets if you are experiencing airballs, the flipper slipper is still in test - waiting on some samples, but there are a few shooter knobs, plunger plates and even a car bracket for over the shooter lane for the ecto

Added 96 days ago:

edit:

sorry forgot to post the links

the target brackets
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

and then all mods, parts, tools etc

#6165 3 months ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

What link are you referring too? Thanks

sorry forgot to post the links

the target brackets

and then all mods, parts, tools etc

1 week later
#6215 84 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

Hey, swinks, if the flipper slip works, I am wondering if you can make a longer flipper bat decal to cover the longer flipper.
Like these, http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/7669/flipper-bat-decals-for-road-show?c=2823

hey bent98, I am holding off on getting a shapeways order as am designing a few things to be made all in one go and do in one order as the aussie dollar is crap at the moment. I have some decals like this already and they could possibly just be centred but I won't make any more for the moment until I know these work the way I want and there is demand for these.

#6221 84 days ago

use Comet's Matrix system
screen-capture-9 (resized).png

and patch in to a #44/#47 globe and then hook up various items
https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

#6249 78 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Vigo printed and ready for installation.
[quoted image]

cool idea, where are you going to install it.

3 weeks later
#6404 55 days ago

nice work urethrafranklin especially since you printed and laser cut pieces

1 week later
#6448 44 days ago

yep, love gb, needs a few code tweaks mainly the flipper frenzy - add a notification of on / off and also a menu option to turn off, a librarian mode, slimmer multiball would be fun, and add a more defined feature for when the gear collected and link to the red outlane inserts to light up as have a proton gun mod idea

finished mods for CFTBL and now working on a replacement firestation for the fun of it - still more to do but taking shape then once looking good chop down to fit into the space but sized to fill the same space height and width
gb front (resized).png

#6460 41 days ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Hey everyone - hopefully picking up a GB pro soon, no mods added to it. wondering if there are mods I just need to have for this pin. I’m thinking the lane guards and the airball protector for sure - anyone else have mods for this pin in their “must have” list? (Example: shaker motor, etc)
Thanks!

targets either side of the ramp entry will give alot of airballs - 2 options are:
- perspex airball guard above the targets
or
- upgrade the target brackets to be raised and tilted

3 weeks later
#6556 20 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like I'll be rejoining the club soon! Rolling the dice and giving this another chance with the anticipation of the code helping out.
In the meantime is there a DIY solution to replacing the balls on the left with green ones and best place to get ecto goggle protector?

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c21/Ghostbusters-Pinball-Mods

#6590 16 days ago

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.

Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago, as I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL

- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Stern's standard flipper post placement is 7" hole centres
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- GB has the same flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle

2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern

I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

#6592 16 days ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for that explanation. On the second option, would you angle the carrots to the center of the playfield holes or higher (as with option 1) to match the inlane rails?

personally align with the inlane rails

early gb's were heavily lowered and then a year later the flippers were lifted to just under alignment with the inlane guides

#6597 16 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not sure I understand solution 1?
Loosen flipper bat and angle it down? Not sure how it reduces gap. any pics?

loosen the flipper clamp under the playfield and ensure the front of the bat / rubber run parrellel with the inlane guide. It helps to make some of the shots easier to shoot and when it the up position it the gap is a fraction closer - just try it.

#6620 15 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great to know will do
Edit - I'm assuming I need to buy two or do they come as pair and how hard to install?

You need to order 2

#6626 15 days ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I love my GB Prem. Bought it NIB. I never really know what ball I am on. But I enjoy the game so much that I really don’t care.
When multiball starts and the game goes into Mass Hysteria mode, I don’t always know when it happens. Is there a sound or something I am missing? Sometimes I see it on the display but usually not looking. It also appears that the flippers switch back and forth so I am constantly loosing balls.
Is this just me or is this something that new code may fix? I like the code as is. But will appreciate new code when provided.

yes that is a frustration for many people, hopefully they implement the outlane red inserts when flippers are switched and a more distinctive sound and even an option in the menu to turn the flipper swap off.

1 week later
#6725 2 days ago
Quoted from phlegmer:

1. Reduce airballs by replacing a couple target brackets (https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace) [Wow almost $20 per bracket!]

my apologies about the cost, but they are 3d printed steel brackets and their process is not cheap, if I made here in Aus just postage alone would be over $27.50

I suppose look at it the other way, what is the value in reducing heavy dimpling by reducing massive airballs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Platteville, WI
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside