IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oradke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6501 4 years ago

Applying for membership now - will get my GBpro next sunday!

1 week later
#6515 4 years ago

Alright, I'm officially in! GBpro arrived today. Just installed the shaker, ColorDMD next week.

#6517 4 years ago

Indeed! Let‘s see what the new firmware brings... (in probably another 30 months or so)

#6520 4 years ago

My GB came with the upgrade from Pinball universe in Germany (the machine was originally bought there), so I‘m good with the posts.

As for the ColorDMD: LED for sure! Better colors and 50 bucks less expensive.

#6527 4 years ago

Why?

#6529 4 years ago

Is my GB‘s clock supposed to keep it‘s time when the system is powered off? What‘s wrong if it doesn‘t?

#6534 4 years ago

Interesting how preferences matter. I actually prefer the typical DMD look and the mich brighter, more vibrant colors of the LED.

#6544 4 years ago

Is it possible to retrofit the interaktive Ecto Goggels found in GB premium into a GBpro?

#6546 4 years ago

The shaker was easy, so why not?

#6572 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny, I have had no interest in that mod since getting a shaker motor installed. The shaker makes the stock Stay Puft move as is..

Oh yes! Shaker ist a must have. Really adds to the fun, and super easy to install.

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

It also appears that the flippers switch back and forth so I am constantly loosing balls.
Is this just me or is this something that new code may fix? I like the code as is. But will appreciate new code when provided.

You activate MH when you captured 100 ghosts (watch the center ladder above the outhole). And since the latest FW update (1.13), there‘s a distinct sound announcing the flipper switch. Listen for it, it‘s easy to miss with all the mayhem going on!

See here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ghostbusters-1_13-README.txt

1 month later
#6876 4 years ago

Hi all! Question: I've bought my GBPro from a friend, and it already hat LEDs in it. Do they come factory shipped with LEDs? If yes, is there something like LEDOCD built in to smooth the flicker? Or is GB designed for LEDs?

I'm just wondering because yesterday I put LEDOCD into my LAH, and it makes a HUGE difference! The GB though does give me headaches because of the aggressive lighting.

Oliver

#6878 4 years ago

Well, the flickering is in the code! It's just that the LEDs turn on and off harshly as oppsed to the slight in-and-out dimming of old-style bulbs.

#6900 4 years ago

I‘m glad I got one before the hype started!

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the colordmd worth it?

YES!!!

1 week later
#7021 4 years ago

what if DeadFlip tonight is all about Elvira - and not a word about GB? I can almost hear dozens of aneurysms bursting...

#7107 4 years ago

Player Two.

#7132 4 years ago

Has anyone ever attempted to reverse engineer the topper communication? Would be great if we could build our own, since the original ones aren't available anymore.

2 weeks later
#7395 4 years ago

The other day I managed to get 50,000,000 on Mass Hysteria - EXACTLY 50!

DEDE373D-B809-4B58-AD1C-3FFC45EAD486 (resized).jpegDEDE373D-B809-4B58-AD1C-3FFC45EAD486 (resized).jpeg
#7474 4 years ago

Better: Downlaod to Harddrive first, then copy to stick.

#7500 4 years ago

Actually, that's exactly what AdPin allows you to do as well. You can open the flipper fingers from above and either swap them out or just adjust the angle without having to lift your playfield. See video #1 here:
http://www.adpin.de/english/product-videos/

I have them in my GBpro and I really love them! Makes it super easy to fiddle around with the angles until you get it just right.

Oliver

1 week later
#7561 4 years ago

James Bond prefers his Martini shaken, not stirred! So probably depends on the beverage.

#7570 4 years ago

Today i managed to get a flawless DCTS video mode while both playfield multipliers were active. 80Mx6=480 Million. Sweet!!!

1 month later
#7744 4 years ago

Knocker!

1 week later
#7774 4 years ago

"Interesting..."

#7797 4 years ago

With the lates ColorDMD update, GOD Mode is now in full color. Yay!

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

God mod was in full color since the 4.1 update I don't understand what change in the 4.2 ????

Oh, then I missed that one. Went from 4.0 to 4.2.

1 week later
#7812 4 years ago

Today, I built my own lighted Ecto-1 mod for my GBPro. If you want details, here's my complete DIY report: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb

Have a good 2020, and happy hunting!

20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg20200101_141844183_iOS (resized).jpg
#7819 4 years ago

My GBpro plays the same. Slimer sits between 3x and the flash-insert, and when he's down I graze him about 1/3rd of the time when I hit the ramp.

3 weeks later
#7883 4 years ago

You need to shoot the ramp to start the mode.

1 month later
#8110 4 years ago

The scream feature is awesome - especially when you have guests! It used to be that you could cancel the scream if you hit both flipper buttons at the same time right before it started. Didn't seem to work anymore in the latest SW.

#8125 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

NEVER GROW UP!

Men don‘t grow up - only the toys become more expensive.

4 months later
#8430 3 years ago

I‘m back in the club - this time with a premium! Awesome machine. Daughter loves it, too.

AD103D97-9D23-4235-A229-F2AA4E378C49 (resized).jpegAD103D97-9D23-4235-A229-F2AA4E378C49 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8465 3 years ago

Absolutely! A must have for GB.

#8483 3 years ago

Good choice.

#8531 3 years ago

After upgrading to a Gb premium, I found a nice place for my self-made lit Ecto-1 mod on the playfield (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb). It ties in with the GI so the headlights turn on and off in sync with the gameplay.

20200802_153411683_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153411683_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153426834_iOS (resized).jpg20200802_153426834_iOS (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8686 3 years ago

For me, adding the carrots (purple adpins actually) dialed the game down from „frustrating“ to „very challenging“. Besides the drain, the carrots made the outer shots (sink holes and right ramp) actually manageable. I removed the center post mod and practice my aiming and nudging. This keeps the game challenging and interesting for a long time - and hopefully makes me a better player.

22DB2EE7-668C-4D4D-996E-3F8286509A5D (resized).jpeg22DB2EE7-668C-4D4D-996E-3F8286509A5D (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8760 3 years ago

Hey guys! Yesterday we did family movie night and watched the very first Ghostbusters movie. Man, that was 1984 - 36 years ago!!!
Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves and tried to spot all the pinball's call-outs in the movie. Revisiting the movie I realized how well Stern has captured the vibe and the story of the movie in the pinball machine. Just had to put this out here.

2 weeks later
#8832 3 years ago

Agree! I like the pink much better than the usual green.

1 month later
#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

A really nice Tron pro and cash adder. No regrets!

Well done! Looks like you scored a nice machine. Congrats and welcome to the club.

#8895 3 years ago

Cooool!

2 weeks later
#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

left button and start button for God Mode would be cool ?

OMG yes!!!

3 weeks later
#8994 3 years ago

Cool mod!

2 weeks later
#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

YES! I finally completed god mode
So awesome !!

Epic!!! Well done.

1 week later
#9059 3 years ago

My GB prem has a switch there that looks like the lower one (180-5209-00).

switch (resized).pngswitch (resized).png
2 weeks later
#9115 3 years ago

GB is love and hate for so many... I actually sold my GB pro because it was so frustrating - only to buy a GB prem later because I missed that machine so much!!! Weird, but fitting for the theme I guess ...

#9117 3 years ago

My machine was bought from Pinball Universe and came with their „anti-frustration“ kit installed. Same idea as your additional guides, but no damage to the playfield:

https://pu-parts.com/ghostbusters-pu-upgrade-kit

I did remove the middle post though in favor of adpin carrot flippers.

#9121 3 years ago

Are they still available?

#9127 3 years ago

Nooooooooo! You beat me by 13 Minutes!!!

#9131 3 years ago

Gozer is sitting on that spot on many machines!

#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Anyone know where to find a walking Stay Puft these days?

https://pu-parts.com/ghostbusters-walking-stay-puft

Limited quantities available.

#9136 3 years ago

I could order for you and forward. However, shipping cost will probably be an arm and a leg. Up to you.

#9139 3 years ago

And where do the 80 cents come from?!?

1 week later
#9155 3 years ago

Vintage rubbers! Worth a fortune.

1 week later
#9193 3 years ago

Whoa! Looks great!

1 month later
#9257 2 years ago

In GB, you get drains from EVERYWHERE!!!

GB needs serious nudging skills.

4 weeks later
2 months later
#9488 2 years ago

That would be awesome! The original topper is highly expensive unobtainium. Saw it listed on ebay for 4000 USD! Insane.

1 week later
#9553 2 years ago

Keep the ColorDMD! It is AWESOME on this game!

1 week later
#9606 2 years ago

I‘m glad I got a good premium before the prices skyrocketed. Not even funny anymore.

#9612 2 years ago

That price tag is ridiculous. Nevertheless, I‘m sure someone will buy it anyway.

#9615 2 years ago
Quoted from Gizmata:

He was referring to the $3500 asking price for the Ghostbusters Topper musketd posted.

Correct.

#9631 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I personally have LED color DMDs in ALL of my games. I like the LOOK and FIT (especially), WAY better.
At first, every time I saw them at a show they would kill my eyes with the brightness set all the way up.
Once I found out you could dim them down, for me, it was a no brainer. GB looks awesome with a LED!

Couldn‘t agree more. I also have LED in al my machines.

2 weeks later
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I would love to know how this turns out! It everything is functional then maybe we can come up with different ideas for an interactive topper. Not necessarily the same style at all we can light up other things.

OMG that would be all kinds of awesome. If we get that node board running it would be easy (and fun) to rig the Playmobil Ecto-1 for instance!!

1 week later
#9779 2 years ago

Cheater! That‘s no 6.5 degrees angle!

#9800 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Best topper out there!
[quoted image]

I disagree. Bought that one. Very poor quality, decals were falling off, plastics were skewed and loose. Way overpriced. Returned it.

2 weeks later
#9884 2 years ago

I agree, it looks great. I'm also super interested.

Any plans for lighting inside?

1 month later
#10136 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#10210 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Getting closer, one more revision and it should be done.[quoted image]

This is several kinds of awesome! Will you be selling kits? Or can you post DIY instructions?

2 weeks later
#10280 2 years ago

That's why I go for LED, not LCD. Visually works much better IMHO (and you even save a few bucks).

4 weeks later
#10526 2 years ago

Yes! The DMD dots are much better than a Tv screen. I mean, look at The Munsters: It‘s like watching cartoons and playing a ball during commercials. Not fun.

This being said - DMD on Gb needs to be in color! THAT really makes a difference while maintaining the original feel.

#10538 2 years ago

Noooo!!! Pink it is!!!

1 month later
#10776 2 years ago

What happened to the project to rebuild the topper from scratch? Look super interesting!

2 months later
#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I cannot answer those questions.
All I know is that one time, and one time only, I had a right hand orbit skill shot that rang up 25 milion and I am used to seeing 1,000 points or maybe 1500 points.
And for the River Award, one time I had 48 million points while most of the time the River Award points are rather predictable.
I wish I knew how I got these scores so I could perhaps do them again.

The multipliers are huge on GB. When you hit both 2x and 3x, ALL scores will be increased sixfold. Do that for a Storage Facility Multiball for instance and you can easily get hundreds of millions from one single MB round.

2 months later
#11006 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I made this so others can see the differences.

Yup. I definitely prefer LED to LCD.

1 month later
#11126 1 year ago

Thanks way beyond ridiculous.

#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Can we all put our heads together and make these at a fraction of the cost?

Yes please! I'm in!

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Step up and buy one. And make a little gamble that you will be able to get most of your money back when you sell.

Sell? SELL?!? Nobody in their right mind sells their GB. I sold my GB pro once only to give in and buy a NiB GB prem a few months later.

1 week later
#11202 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The P-K-E lights are held on with double back tape and can be moved around. It would not be in the way of the mirror. I think both would fit OK.

They do. It‘s what I did with my GBprem. I left the plastic mirror as it is and glued the PKE mod above that to the back wall.

1 week later
#11234 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Joined the club too! Got myself a premium for a very reasonable price from a very kind guy in germany, was well worth the 250km drive . [quoted image]

Lucky you! GB prem is awesome.

2 weeks later
#11256 1 year ago

Try changing the angle a bit!

1 week later
#11301 1 year ago

It‘s a cool mod, but obstructs the view on PKE. I took it off my machine because of that. YMMV.

1 week later
#11335 1 year ago

Same here!

1 month later
#11468 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

When toppers are unobtainable and crazy expensive one must resort to making their own.

[quoted image]

OMG WANT!!!

#11498 1 year ago

Premium!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#11618 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Totally agree it blew my mind I know there’s part shortages supposedly but come on we pay 10,000$ for a game n with in most likely 5 years u don’t make no part’s for it n u want me to keep buying.

Perhaps I‘m old-fashioned, or maybe I struggle because I‘m not a native speaker. But can you please use punctuation and proper words instead of „n“ and „u“? It gives me a headache. Thank you.

#11621 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Oh I’m sorry about that. I did not mean to give you a headache and cause u pain with my inappropriate use of the English language butter cup are u kidding me? Please tell me your joke ing

No, I am serious, actually. No need to be patronizing.

1 week later
#11711 1 year ago

ColorDMD, definitely.

#11725 1 year ago

Use a sharpie?

1 month later
#11783 11 months ago
Quoted from Georgiapinball:

GHOSTBUSTERS ECHO 1 MOD CLOSE OUT SALE!!
check out my store Flipper King

Please don‘t spam the forum with ads.

1 month later
#11910 9 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Did you end up cutting the bottom out to install the lights? Any pics of the wiring?

Here's my illustrated writeup of a similar project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-lighted-ecto-1-mod-for-gb

3 weeks later
#11943 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

The games a keeper so I would like to just eat the bullet and fix it right.

You got that right! Definitely a keeper for sure!

1 week later
#11954 8 months ago

That plunger and coil sleeve look filthy. Replace the sleeve, clean everything, and your problems are most likely done. While you're at it, do it to the other coils as well, especially the flippers.

2 months later
#12088 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey all. First time poster in this thread. Considering trading my Iron Maiden Premium for Ghostbusters Premium plus a little cash my way, thoughts from this group?

DO IT!

2 months later
#12234 3 months ago

My topper made it to Germany just in time for Xmas. Thank you, P1nhead and @slapdrain! Looks great and works flawlessly!

GB Topper (resized).pngGB Topper (resized).png

1 month later
#12308 79 days ago

Congrats! A keeper for sure!

1 month later
#12418 21 days ago

Even had a sequel!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oradke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.