20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7171 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the game!

Game is awesome dude, for us one of Sterns best. We have had one since release and still love it.

I am sure you and your family are going to love it! Even without the new code.

2 weeks later
#7470 4 years ago

We just updated our game. Code went in fine. We did a full update this time.

2 months later
#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Saw this on Facebook this morning. Look what this guy did to his GB. Very interesting mod.
What do you think??
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think this is the best gee up of 2019!

3 weeks later
#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Going to put Titans on my Pro and wondering what color scheme some of you have chosen?

Purple for us!

3 months later
#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My game will not save the date/time settings when I turn it off. It always resets to Feb 15, 2015. This makes it impossible for midnight madness to happen at midnight. Does anyone else have this problem?

You just need to change the battery in the CPU board. That happened to ours as well.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thank you. That would make sense. Do you change the battery with the power off or on? I’d rather not lose my settings...if that’s even a possibility with Spike 1 games.

We did ours with the game off. I am fairly sure the battery only does the time in Spike games.

2 months later
#8468 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

What are the opinions on Color DMD versus keeping it stock? Do the colors enhance your game or do you like it pure?

We just put one on ours and love it. Does nothing to enhance gameplay but looks awesome! Have not played cross the streams yet.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

OK. Understanding the LCD vs LED debate which did everyone choose? Any pictures to share?

We chose LCD. The only photo I have at the moment. I am sure some other pinsiders will help out with a few photos.

FB_IMG_1595790621984 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1595790621984 (resized).jpg
#8477 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

I like how the LCD can still look stock from the outside, but I am battling my OCD and knowing it is not a perfect fit inside. Welcome to my warped mind.

Color DMD can supply a foam gasket that will solve your OCD. PinMonk developed them and they are awesome! We have the gasket on GB and TWD. They work great.

http://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket-stretch-fit/

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

My LCD ColorDMD is arriving tomorrow!

You will love it. We held out for ages.. just could not resist!

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The alignment holes for the flippers seem really droopy. Previous owner matched them, maybe a touch lower but it doesn't seem right. Are you matching the lane guide or the holes?
[quoted image]

We match every game to the holes. The holes are meant to be the middle of the end of the flipper. Play them how they were designed to be played! It is up to you how you set it up. Each to their own!

1 month later
#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

My slimer pooped out, anybody have any idea how to fix him?

Looks like the drive belt has broken or fallen off. Drive belt is located under the playfield right under slimer. If you lift the playfield you will see what I mean.

Good luck!

3 weeks later
#8714 3 years ago

LCD all the way for us!

Quoted from rwalters21:

which ColorDMD is the better option for GB premium, LCD or Led? any opinions from other owners is much appreciated. thanks, Ryan

2 months later
#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I got one! A very nice #69! Woohoo! Color DMD going in! Just need to find the topper now.
[quoted image]

Congrats!. It is an awesome game, we love ours.

1 week later
#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

They've gotta be pretty low. Of all the games that Stern could vault why would they choose this one in particular? It seems like the supply and demand are pretty well balanced on the used market.

It is one of Sterns best selling games of all time.

Why would they not make a vault? Makes sense to me. There are rumours of a vault or new release for the end of 2021.

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

If so, this would mean there are alot out there to recirculate on the used market.
Do you have a source for the information that it's one of Stern's best sellers? As far as I understand, Stern doesn't release that kind of information.

Stern does not release their numbers. Our distro tools us.

1 month later
#9071 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I lost about a third of the playfield while playing, rebooted, and got the error message that node-9 board is not found.
Checked the recommended guidance about re-seating ethernet cables. No help.
I noticed that the red light is on, but no green light and no yellow light. I'm guessing it's not regulating the 6-volts. I don't see any obvious damage to the circuitry.
Before I buy another board, anything else I can check? Any chance a down-stream short broke the board, or is it just that these boards can, and do, fail from time-to-time?

I think the voltage reducing chip on the node board is done. Check with Stern first and also check with Stern for the correct replacement node board. Same thing happened to our game and we have no mods.

#9074 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Interesting. Thank you. If I had a 48 volt supply, I'd remove the card and test it. Maybe even try to replace that chip. But I'll only mess something else up if I play with it in the machine.
My worry was that something else downstream burned it out. But it seems like yours was just the board. That's a good sign. Curious if heat is an issue, too. I've lost plenty of voltage regulators to heat.

The red LED is the 48V power supply so you have 48V to the node board. Just no lower voltages at that board so the whole thing stops working. It could be a short somewhere on the playfield like the scoop light so I would make sure that is not shorting out as well.

We have had 3 node boards go since Spike came out, across over 20 games. 2 node boards on GBLE and one on a SW premium. All were the same issue, blown voltage reducing chip. I think this is a common problem. I have noticed on the later versions of the node boards, the chip number is different and the chip seems to be more robust (less failures). There are other Pinsiders that understand the electronics a lot better than me, maybe they could help out here.

#9076 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Very helpful. I will disconnect the other connectors and reconnect them one at a time to isolate a shorting problem. I wonder if a heatsink would help the 6v chip.
I'll also look more closely at it to see if there are any visual signs of it being damaged.
I'm not sure of any other way to look for a lamp short other than it happening again.

There is a photo of one of ours. The board is not that big so you should be able to find the chip.

Good Luck!

20200630_182050 (resized).jpg20200630_182050 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#9544 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Thanks for the few comments and in the end I am doing this for me and maybe providing for others if there is enough interest - just got to make it, debug it, and test it and will report progress and videos, but it may be like the containment mod for the pro - no interest so no production
if no interest then it will be a one of one mod

That is a super cool mod dude, I am sure you will sell plenty. Please put it up when you have it ready to go!

3 weeks later
#9654 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Joined the club tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is an awesome game.. welcome to the club!

2 months later
#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Officially joined the club today
[quoted image]

They will breed for sure!

1 month later
#10376 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, it will never be remade.

Do not count out a vault of this game.. It was a huge seller for Stern. Rumour is GB topper then vault.

#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have it from reliable sources that stern no longer has the rights to Ghostbusters, and coupled with the tie-in to the game designer John Trudeau who pled guilty to atrocious acts...they are distancing themselves from it.
It has largely gone up in price because it has become known that it will never be vaulted or re-made.

Well that is a shame if true. I think this will just make the price go up and up putting the price out of reach of most people. Kman did say Stern would be releasing some toppers soon.

I think the game is awesome.

1 year later
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is far from a good comparison to the real thing.
Magna slings are just freaking awesome. Id buy a premium for that alone!

I agree. Magna slings are the best. Multi ball with 3 balls caught on one magna sling!

7 months later
#12069 5 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I can separate Trudeu the design of the game to the other stuff but for a big company it appeared to be a massive issue.

Hardly anyone gives a toss about who the designer is. What about all his other games? No one cares.. Only a few shitbags that want to cause issues. If Stern can vault Ghostbusters, I am sure they will. It was a huge seller for them previously and will be again.

#12072 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What I read on pinside sometime back, but cannot verify, is that Stern would have to pay royalties to Trudeu if more Ghostbusters are made. If true, that could possibly be a corporate sticking point.

This is just a Pinside runor I believe.

Stern is a machine and they need to keep pumping out games, both old titles and new. NIB are expensive now and Stern will need to keep sales up. Get ready for some vaults I think!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.