(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fixintoplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4704 1 year ago

I just joined the sheriff's posse with an NIB SE -- to be delivered next week. For me, it was better than buying a 24-year-old original, if you can find one. I was hoping to see more happy SE owners in this thread. This is a great remake that is available now, albeit in limited quantities. I'm also hoping CGC can deliver on its warranty if I ever need it.

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

We're in here. CGC has been very responsive to the issues I've had. Ignore the negative junk (literal option with a click) and have fun. If pinball causes strife in your life, you're doing it wrong. Feel free to reach out with a PM if you can't find an answer with a search, I'm happy to help any way I can.

Thanks for extending a helpful hand. I have enjoyed the hobby as much as the challenges it brings. I'll be visiting this club regularly.

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ball Baron Ninja’s. I’ll never go back to regular pinballs again.

Ditto.

#4885 1 year ago

I have just been deputized. What a gorgeous machine, but...

IMG_4179 (resized).jpgIMG_4179 (resized).jpg
#4886 1 year ago

I already found an UH-OH.

IMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4181 (resized).jpgIMG_4181 (resized).jpg
#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Bummer. After submitting a ticket, do you know how to fix it? I'm not going to presume you don't. I've received more than one game, from two different manufacturers with the same issue.

I have an idea on how to correct it, like remove the plunger mounting plate and smooth it out. But I'd like advice from someone who's done this before! Hint hint.

#4894 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is how. If need be a little heat from a hair dryer. Fingers would work best.
LTG : )

Thanks. Does the decal material lay down flat and adhere/stay? Or does it need help with more adhesive? And is it likely to bubble up again when plunger is remounted as it did at factory install? I don't want to make the problem worse!

#4897 1 year ago

Thanks! I'll try a thin layer of rubber cement on each surface (not so permanent). I filled out a ticket: curious what CGC does in response to a minor issue like this one? This most likely happened before.

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

You are on the right track. Lloyd has also provided some good info, though I prefer the plastic tool I use for vinyl application. Since you probably don't apply a lot of vinyl, a credit card, or plastic putty knife (not a sharp one) wrapped in a thin microfiber cloth works great. The other thing that might help you is to cut away some of the excess graphics from INSIDE the outline of the shooter plate. Getting rid of that excess vinyl makes it much easier to get the graphics to lay flat where it matters, outside of the plate. Chances are, you will, or already have some of the decal bunched up behind the plate. Since the graphic has been compressed by the plate, it has been distorted. It will never lay completely flat again inside the area that has been compressed on all sides. I find it easiest to mitigate this by cutting straight lines from the corners (again, leave plenty of margin to be covered by the plate) towards the center. This separates the graphic into for sections that can then be flattened without interference from the other corners. This may mean that the vinyl slightly overlaps in these areas, and that is completely fine, as long as it is INSIDE the outline of the shooter housing.
Sorry that I don't have the "after" photo of how I fixed the graphics on my Wonka shooter area. I did track down one photo on my computer and drew what I am describing. Go slow. If you are cutting, use a very sharp knife, and be certain that you don't tear graphics. Since the coin door issue was much more localized, I was able to just loosen the door and push the graphics flat with a putty knife.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great advice. I'll try these techniques. And you are correct: I've not yet worked on cabinet decal applications. Thanks!

#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Most of my vinyl experience is on cars and airplanes. Things get really interesting when compound surfaces are involved. Feel free to send a PM if you have further questions. I'm happy to help another Pinsider out. You can help the next guy.

I have just unboxed my CCr SE and got it fired up. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the build and the play! The decal issue should be an easy fix for me, but I will continue to post as it progresses. Thank you!

#4989 1 year ago

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

My wife and I just installed art blades on Friday last week. Definitely don't remove the playfield. Took us about 15 mins I want to say.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's because you have a wife who's creative and handy like that. I have a wife, too, but if I talked her into helping me, we'd end up in divorce court. I tried applying blades to my DEJP by myself with the playfield up. It was a disaster.

1 week later
#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Joined the club last week! Serial number #2036. This is my first pin. I thought the theme perfect for my Arizona home.
Ended up buying it from Carolina Pinballs and had a great sales experience. My local disti did not have stock. Carolina Pinballs had the game in stock and gave me a good shipping quote which actually made it cheaper than buying local and paying in state sales tax.
The legs appear to be OK so far. There is a gap between the edge of the leg and cabinet but will keep an eye on it.
Are there open source 3d printer models for the train tracks? Didn't see anything in the FAQ.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Carolina Pinballs is awesome. Best I've worked with. I'd say for your first pin buy, you're either very lucky you chose them or very smart. It helps to be both. Man, how tall are those ceilings? You can get 13 - 14 toppers on every game.

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Post pics please

Yes, please post pics, if possible. This sounds like a good suggestion.

#5293 1 year ago

"Anyone who wants to sell a game now, no matter how lightly used, needs to sell under MSRP as long as NIB games with a full warranty are available from distributors."

Thanks Pinside+ Addict. Sheez, I can't believe somebody had to explain the obvious to him.

#5298 1 year ago

Here's some pics to give you an idea of the look. I'm super happy with it. I did create a kit on Titans website if anyone is interested. Sorry for the photo dump.

Thanks for putting the Titan kit together on their site. Saves others like me a lot of time! Pics are great, too.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah what an absolute idiot loser I must be amirite?!
Thanks to everyone who has a constructive response to my questions. If I had thought about it for more than .001 seconds I may not have asked that one. But thanks for chiming in fixintoplay …you’re a great guy! Bless your heart.

@mpdpvdpin: Sorry, my comment was out of order. Actually, I'm glad you brought the question up. Looks like others have had the same thoughts. And I'm equally glad Pinside+Addict answered it the way he did.

1 week later
#5386 1 year ago

CGC has made it clear that my new CCrSE cannot accommodate their upcoming interactive topper. So, I'm asking a designer to build me a non-interactive one. The question came up about about lighting it. Yeah, I could run a separate power line for it to an outlet, but I really want it to operate with the CCr on/off switch. I've done this before with a new Stern pin via an open USB port in the backbox: It could not have been easier. However, I looked into this backbox and found no such port. I could not determine: where I could tap in; what voltage I could use/spec; and if I had to go into the cab for a power source, where would be a good place to connect. Also wondering if this might void CGC warranty. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s my understanding the topper will query the model and/or serial number (presumably in NVRAM somewhere?). If not LE or SE+, no go. We won’t be able to confirm that until someone actually tries it of course. (I wasn’t told that explicitly but it was very definitely implied when I was asking about model and serial number info).

I'm thinking that the definition of "...very definitely implied" means it's explicit.

2 months later
#7774 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Thanks!
Every CGC game needs a knocker with quality wiring harness (IDC be damned)! I've gotten my turnaround time pretty much next day shipping now.

I really like the idea of adding the knocker mod to my CCReS. Is it a simple matter of plug and play where you just install the knocker assembly with plate and hook up the cable harness? Are there program changes needed to get it to work? Does it only work when free game credits are awarded? On free play? (Yeah, I know... dumb questions.)

#7776 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Yes, it's that easy, install the knocker and plate, and connect the cable to the driver board. Only settings change you would want to do, is to disable the audio knock sound. The knocker works for extra ball, match, and high score awards credits.

Great. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Go to PPS and buy the wms knocker kit they have, solder the 48v and ground wires onto the knocker, plug cable into the board. The BB comes pre drilled for hole templates of the wms bracket. Use #6 screws.
Somewhere earlier in this thread are details how to activate the knocker and turn off the sound.
Pretty easy upgrade.
Edit:
I finally get to say it... read the FAQ lol
LTG is right

Aaaagh... can't believe I forgot that was in there.

#7820 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sometimes during the gunfight the drop target will go down before I flip the ball at it. Easy adjustment on this somewhere?
Edit: Shoot....I didn't check the FAQ...I hope I didn't just get myself in trouble and will be banned from the thread.

Welcome to the "I forgot to read the FAQ" gang. We're on parole... three strikes = out.

#7828 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Jfh does a fantastic job with this thread. He definitely doesn’t deserve the crap he gets. He obviously likes the product enough to start and maintain the owners group so it shouldn’t be a surprise when he defends the product he believes in.
Now if you want to see a real $It show check out the James Bond owners thread started by someone who keeps talking negatively about the game, cancelled his order and is now trying to auction off control over the owners group.
Just saying Jfh deserves some credit for all he does.

Holy chit. I meant that as a humble, self-effacing compliment to the importance of the FAQ. Not a smart ass comment; I know first-hand how much work it takes to research, create and maintain such a comprehensive tool. Whew. Sensitive group.

#7903 1 year ago

Nearing 8,000 posts in this thread in the 9 months it's been alive. Over 80% of those came in just the last 4 months since I got my SE. The anxiety is increasing exponentially. I visit here looking for tech advice and helpful hints. I feel lucky to find a few. Is there a filter for this in the FAQ? (No, I checked.) The thread's title is somewhat misleading. It is, or has become, predominantly an "SE+/LE waiting list group therapy club" - clearly a need for several thousand frustrated would-be owners. But not so much for happy CCR SE owners sharing tech advice, gameplay hints, mods and other fun stuff. Maybe start a "CCR SE Owners Club?" Or would that eventually morph into another group therapy thread? (Answer also not in the FAQ -- I checked twice.)

#7910 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been compiling a more complete list of advice/tips and would like to have more in the FAQ but am currently limited by space. I think the major ones are there - there really isn’t that much missing. If you have specific things you know of or would like to see LMK and I’ll try to fit them in.

Your FAQ is one of the most comprehensive I've seen for one title, although I only have 3 late games I really care about. I did read it (and all the posts) before I bought the pin, which influenced my choice for the SE. That alone answers the majority of questions I come here for. We are fortunate to have that resource. I think you may be at the point where, if you keep adding, it may get too cumbersome. Attention spans are declining. The many referrals in posts to read it may seem redundant, but they are necessary, even for long-time pinsiders like me. Not everyone realizes how rich and detailed the information is in there. They need to be reminded. Repetition is key to learning and remembering stuff. Shaming for not reading it before asking a question -- negative reinforcement -- can be even more effective!

#7985 1 year ago

@jfh: I had a question not answered in the FAQ but was given in a post: what actions or circumstances fire the knocker?

"The knocker works for extra ball, match, and high score awards credits." (per pinsider "chillme"). Consider adding this to that section?

Also, disabling the knocker sound: curious as to why. Both can't work simultaneously? Does it pose a settings conflict? Because CGC says so? Idle curiosity.

#7988 1 year ago

I'm the poster child for old school. I'm installing mine today, so I'll see what happens.

#7990 1 year ago

Aw, man. Now I gotta find out what they both sound like going off together. A cannon maybe, or a shot in a gun range or a canyon with an echo? Maybe I'll need ear protectors.

Quoted from chillme:

When the knocker option is turned on it, plays the audio sound and the real knocker. The hardware knocker is always active, even if you don't have it installed. The terminals are pulsed on the driver board.

#8041 1 year ago

I want to add a personal sign atop my CCR SE back box, but I'm at a loss as to where/how to tap into 6.3V to illuminate it with an LED strip lite and not interfere with any game functions. I've got a full compliment of Matrix connectors, wedge/bayonet sockets, LEDs etc that I used with older pins. Is there a simple way to do this without messing anything up?

#8053 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

It's not the beer seal (thanks for teaching me the term) it's the smaller pieces that I guess rest against the inner cabinet. They flattened almost immediately then ripped. Sounds like I can cut a piece of a longer seal or just buy some generic foam. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Now that you mention it, my foam is torn up, too. In two places. One like yours where the lock bar holds the glass edge in place, and one (on the back edge) that contacts the cabinet front. I hadn't noticed these before.

foam seal1 (resized).jpgfoam seal1 (resized).jpgfoam seal2 (resized).jpgfoam seal2 (resized).jpg
#8073 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So we are a pinball playing family and my 13 year old has been flipping in our basement since he was 7. He is a very, very strong player and has beaten multiple games including GOTG, Deadpool, AFM and recently defeated the beast in IMDN! We knew CCr might be a bit easier but also super fun and likely not get tiresome (like how AFM never gets old). Well a few days in he not only beat High Noon but he did it three times in one game! I even had turned down EBs and made quick draws harder to get. I had prior GC at 280 Mill and look at this…818 Mill! He was dancing and raising a fuss in the house like it was the OK Corral! woohoo!
[quoted image]

My 5-year-old grandson is on the same track (pun intended). He can beat me on occasion and has learned the rhythm of each game, both EM and SS. To be fair, I'm a terrible player.

3 weeks later
#8825 1 year ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

We went with yellow for aesthetic reasons.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to modify the legs to get those protectors to fit, or has that issue been fixed? I tried using them on my SE (08/22 delivery) but the decal wrinkle factor was even worse.

#8860 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Open up a support ticket and ask. Seems like a reasonable request.

I will do this and let you know if I hear back from them. I opened up a support ticket back in August '22 when I practically ruined the decals while mounting the legs out of the box. CGC only had advice on how to use screw heads to allow enough separation between the legs and cabinet. I spent hours repairing the crumpled decal areas, but they never looked right. The leg crimps were so bad I had to use extra washers to move them further away from the cabinet to the point where they now wobble -- they're pressing against screw heads, not supported by larger flat metal standoff surfaces.

#8890 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Polk PSW10 is used by quite a lot of us. It provides good sound at a nice price. You can split up to 4 pins on one sub by using Pinnivators' splitter. Also they make a sub outlet that taps off the audio board very neatly. You can adjust each sub volume of the 4 pins from the Pinnivators' splitter.

For clarity sake: are you saying that four of your pins can be played at the same time through the one Polk PSW10 sub and Pinnivators splitter kit?

#8893 1 year ago

I have got to hear what that sounds like. Do you know if there's a thread that explains how it all comes together (for the audio challenged pinhead?)

#8952 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think they misunderstood your question. You can't have 4 pins being actively played at the same time with 1 sub. You can hook up 4 pins, but only 1 can be played at a time. A single sub can't play 4 different audio sources simultaneously.

That's what I thought, and that was my question. And that was the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

1 week later
#9292 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No and Yes.
(A number of the pictures show games where the owner had replaced flipper rubber with Titans or others)
Flipper rubber comparisons:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-flipper-rubber-comparison/

Hadn't seen the flipper ring comparison report before. Very informative. Thanks for posting.

2 weeks later
#9954 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There’s an FAQ?

What the faq is that?

1 month later
#11319 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I went with the DIY with $45 of chezzy stuff off Ebay[quoted image]

That topper looks pretty good. Can it be lighted, and if so, how?

#11326 1 year ago

I would recommend installing a knocker assembly. Easy, inexpensive mod, and well worth it. I didn't think it would make much difference, but now that it's hooked up, it's a real kick when it fires. Sounds like a gun shot, and it really fits the CCR theme.

2 months later
#12635 10 months ago

First playing issue I've had with this great game. Ball lodged firmly between 2 metal guards just right of Bart target. Happened right in the middle of a very busy tournament in my game room. Would not shake out: pulled glass to dislodge. Couldn't find a photo of this on this CCre thread. I'm sure I can figure a way to prevent from happening again but wondering if anyone had this experience and how they solved it.

Bart ball stuck (resized).jpgBart ball stuck (resized).jpg
#12693 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:Just asked my main distributor got a maybe.
It’s too bad a lot of folks bought the LEs to flip seen a lot of nib for sale.
Does anyone know if I bought a nib second hand if it’d still have the factory warranty?

Legitimate question. Call CGC directly and ask. This is a question for the manufacturer, not the distributor, dealer, reseller, NIB flipper, etc. Get an email in writing. Don't rely on pinside hearsay. Believe me I know. For that kind of money...

2 weeks later
#12924 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

2/56 by a half inch.

Not to nit pick, but #2-56 x 1/2" - UNC (coarse thread) or UNF (fine thread)? They're available in both, but one won't fit.

2 weeks later
#13059 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You would need the topper and the pc board to make it work.

Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

The Topper works on all versions of Cactus Canyon. Se, SE+ and of course LE. There is no software lock and it is very easy to install (simpy turn on the topper in the settings). All games already have the wiring included in the game. Unlike past games that made you install a board in the backbox yourself, The Topper 3 board is part of the Cactus canyon Topper already.

Now I'm wondering which one of these statements applies to my SE. I took delivery in August 02 2022.

#13064 9 months ago

According to the FAQ (assuming it has the latest updates) one question on the list is, "Can the topper be purchased separately?"

FAQ's Karnac answer: "No. The topper is only available by purchasing an LE or SE+ model."

So if you can't buy a topper, it doesn't matter. Or does it?

Quoted from Pinster5000:

I’m in the same boat with my se. I don’t know why there is an option on the menu to add a topper if the se is not compatible with it.

#13071 9 months ago

There is at least one topper for sale separately on pinside market.

1 month later
#13543 8 months ago
Quoted from LingBot:

This used to happen on mine. I fixed it by bending that piece of metal so that the front edges are flush with the playfield (I think it's the right side lip in your pic that is causing the problem). You need to take the apron off to get to it. To do that, there's just a few screws to remove, you can watch the apron removal here if you're a relative noob like me:
It took me a few tries until it was right, but I haven't had it happen since.

LingBot Thanks for posting this video. I had Titan rings in hand and trying to schedule time to do this. Perfect timing. Of particular help was that gold mine shell disassembly. Say hi to all my friends and neighbors in Central Bux. Nah, best you don't let on you know me.

1 week later
#13689 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well it takes some doing, and maybe an attempt or two to get it right.
Go into A.4 - High Score To Date Adjustments. A.4 11, 12, 13, 14. Lower them there.
Then escape menu.
Then press and hold the high score reset button.

Hey son, ah said hey son, good thinkin' for that there tip, ya hear me boy? I had the same, ah said I had the same question. (Slap head)
Foghorn Leghorn

2 months later
#14460 5 months ago

I have a new issue on my SE during multiball: the shooter can't eject the ball(s) more than a few inches, so they collect in the shooter lane and bobble up and down with each pulse. I checked the launch assembly itself and it operates fine manually. Then, in adjustments menu I upped the auto-launch solenoid from factory default setting to MAX, and that corrected the problem. But the question is why? Then I tried to run the solenoid tests, but could only enter REPEAT mode which just beeps for each solenoid but none activate. I was unable to enter the RUN mode in this test. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#14567 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if I missed this, but what’s the CGC policy on the warped legs and cut decals? Are they offering replacement legs or decals?

I got nowhere opening a ticket with CGC. Total waste of time. Then I found these -- exactly what I needed -- and they solved the problem. Thanks to Norm at Carolina Pinballs, my distributor, who paid for them.

https://backalleycreations.com/products/ez-leg-plate

#14573 4 months ago

The problem seems random. Mine fit pretty good, I carefully scrutinized the legs fitment when I assembled my LE. They included metal as well as plastic protectors on the cabinet.
Its a pretty decent work-around from the factory.
Mantis leg plates are thicker and with slightly longer screws work pretty good:
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

The problem may well be random, but it doesn't surface until after the customer unboxes and bolts on the legs. That's the first time they ever come in contact with the cab decals. Some may not care or even notice the wrinkles they cause. Mine were a PITA to try to repair, and they're still not perfect. If I had to do it over again: never mount the legs without these other metal back plates. 30 bucks ain't worth the risk.

#14575 4 months ago

I agree but I just dont see them (at the factory) pre-fitting the legs.
They "could" (for an extra charge in the build cost), but I dont see them doing it.

No, they wouldn't do that. But I think from all the customer fury and backlash, CGC must have quietly changed over from the old WMS-era, poorly fitting legs to more suitable ones. It's been quiet: very little discussions in here on this lately (mine was still under warranty at the time) and they've been shipping new units ever since. It was bad PR then, as far as I'm concerned.

#14578 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The first CCr games made weren't affected either - it was a bad batch in the middle. Maybe LEs 300-600 or so? You'd have to read through this thread to see when it began/ended.

Mine is an SE with a mid-2022 build date and a 1900s s/n.

#14614 4 months ago

Never had to worry about this issue too much with painted cabs. Whatever damage was there, the legs could pretty well cover it up once in place, even with new legs over old damage. Wrinkling decals changed all that.

2 months later
#15191 46 days ago

Question about Bart's spotlight on top of the motor. I just installed Mageek's water tank mod which involved flipping it over, but before that I never took note what turns that spotlight on. Now it won't light. I can't ID it in the manual so I don't know how to diagnose this thing. Doesn't show up in the either of the lighting tests (T.2 - 01 or 02). Bulb itself is good. Wiring seems solid. It did flicker once for a second during play, then stopped. Any help?

#15193 46 days ago

I resoldered the spotlight leads and reseated the connector under the playfield. Works fine now. Thanks.

#15195 46 days ago

As I'm now paying attention to it, the spot light gives a pulsing series of hot flashes when the ball goes into Bart's chute. That's a high collision area so check connections above and below the PF. Flash also activates in the adjacent red jackpot loop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fixintoplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=fixintoplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.