(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,346 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jchristian11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You look a little under the weather today. Maybe you should take off early today and “rest”.

Maybe get a little play time in as well...

thumbnail_IMG_6711 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6711 (resized).jpg
#394 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a hole/cover on top of the head (for the topper wires) or is it solid?
Wondering if the heads for the SEs are different than the LE/SE+ games.

Probably goes out the back of the head, can anyone confirm?

2 months later
#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I realize that is the trick shot, but does the game actually have “Trick Shot” on the ramp art? (I don’t have my game yet).

Says “Trick Shot” on the playfield.

30731793-CD22-40C3-A302-1BCE0BC524E8 (resized).jpeg30731793-CD22-40C3-A302-1BCE0BC524E8 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

In the club
[quoted image]

Serial number and date of manufacture?

#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Got it opened last night. Here's the SN tag with date.
[quoted image]

Interesting, built a month and a half ago.

#2908 1 year ago

Looks like CGC has exceeded 500 SEs, where are the LEs?

#2980 1 year ago

HEP pointed this replacement leg issue out in his thread and to prevent damage used the thicker Mantis leg protectors if I remember correctly.

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

HEP pointed this replacement leg issue out in his thread and to prevent damage used the thicker Mantis leg protectors if I remember correctly.

I remembered incorrectly. HEP used a thicker screw head to attach the protector to stand-off the legs from the cabinet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/223#post-6933815

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for posting.
CGC should now be well aware of this critical failure.
I am surprised even shocked that this problem has managed to slip through QA ???
Easy fix
Stern Pinball use them or similar.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0599-00
No decal leg wrinkling complaints that I am aware of there.
Again I am strongly against plastic and felt protectors. Use at your own risk.

CGC has them on the games, it’s the over-crimping of the legs that’s the problem.

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What does the wording say in the bottom middle?

8A89CE9E-A27B-489A-BDF2-BA32B13E8556 (resized).jpeg8A89CE9E-A27B-489A-BDF2-BA32B13E8556 (resized).jpeg
#3246 1 year ago

There are at least a couple of different ways to handle the over-crimped legs. One is to double up the metal protectors or another, as HEP did, use a hex screw to attach the metal protector which both of which will stand-off the leg from the decals. See HEP post below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/223#post-6933815

2 weeks later
#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It pinched at

I've had a few drop target direct hits that sdtm without dropping target. Are you tightening or loosening spring to solve? Luckily, never had a pinball up on the apron.

I believe it was to weaken the spring or replace with a WMS flipper return spring.

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Hmmm, was under the PF diagnosing an intermittent issue when I decided to look at the slingshot switches behind the mine.
[quoted image]
I reached around to the top side & felt around & thoughtn hmm that feels weird. Think I found one reason why the slingshot doesn't do much on my game. [quoted image]

Missing something…

3 weeks later
#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless they sell 1250 (or more) of the SE+ it isn’t going to be that long. And that’s an estimate to fill all the orders for both models. The total wait could be over a year but that’s not uncommon these days. People with confirmed Elvira orders from January 2021 are still waiting and some Godzilla Premium orders from that announce day are still unfulfilled.
Like everyone else, I’d like my game. But I don’t understand all the angst delivery time frames (for any NIB game). It’s not like the manufacturers are delaying them on purpose. And at least CGC is building CCr unlike Stern who will have announced multiple games before fulfilling previous outstanding orders.

Really? 2000 games at 40 per week takes how long then?

#4529 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree on all points. And certainly didn’t mean to imply that it’s ok because the others do it too.

Then why bother dumping on Stern?

#4540 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

- If you get to 2+ years as the poster says that’s sometime in early 2024.
- If we can use Pinside numbers and extrapolate (iffy, I know, but all we got) than there are about 400 SE+ orders. Make it 500.
- Assume some of those 500 base games are built/stored now and/or while we’re waiting for LE’s.
- At ~45/week those are done by the announcement anniversary this year.
- Assuming no base LEs have been built you need 6-7 months to build them. That gets you to April/May 2023 which is a lot earlier than November 2023. And that doesn’t account for the possibility that CGC gets the production rate up to the planned levels for the line (which I think is about 70/week).

2+ years is November of 2023 and I find it difficult to see merit in your assumptions as we've heard nothing from CGC on any of that. Did you originally say it would be roughly a year before the first LE would ship?

#4541 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because I think it’s horrible they build multiple new titles before finishing outstanding orders. Imagine if CGC said we’re going to pause CCr builds while we build our next game (or more MMr or whatever)

Has nothing to do with the what CGC is doing and it only makes your excuses for them look silly.

#4543 1 year ago

You may not agree with my assumptions but they are pretty straight forward and in line with what we have seen.

No.

The CGC delays are due to supply chain issues which is one of the same reasons Stern gave for not meeting demand. And how is ordering an CCr LE on October 29, 2021 and not having it yet any different or worse than ordering EHOH in January 2021 and not having it yet?</blockquot

You're the one that made the implication that Stern was worse in defense of CGC, not me.

#4544 1 year ago

"The CGC delays are due to supply chain issues which is one of the same reasons Stern gave for not meeting demand. And how is ordering an CCr LE on October 29, 2021 and not having it yet any different or worse than ordering EHOH in January 2021 and not having it yet?

That's the ridiculous argument you made in defending CGC, I made no such comparison.

#4593 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If CCr was announced in Jan 2020... that line would still fly. But reality is CGC launched CCr in Oct 2021... a launch done knowing the landscape and a launch done with production plans in place. Let's not forget the boasting of PFs already made, etc.
Unexpected delays - yes, things happen. But managing your customer expectations properly and doing the right thing is CGC's cross to bear. And this is not a COVID-supply-chain unique sequence of events for CGC.

No - I just speak up to keep things honest and counter the fluffing. Call it tough love if you want, but I'm not going to join in the kum ba yah chorus when people make excuses to justify poor behavior or make up cover. You keep saying this is 'no worse than other manufacturers'... yet others are adapting and getting product out the door and providing forecasts. CGC sits behind the closed doors hiding from the very same audience they were so happy to engage with during the sales cycle... instead leaking stuff to 3rd parties like yourself to be their mouthpiece.

I wonder what the “birdie” told him this time. lol.

Quoted from jfh:

Lol. I didn’t say it was normal or defend it as such. I said it was no worse than what is happening with other manufacturers. I believe most rational and logical people realize the potential impacts from supply chain issues, issues outside CGC’s control and unforeseen problems.
As for Ryan? I don’t speak for him or agree with his public radio silence. The original production plan as related to me called for initial games to be shipped mid-November with the entire run completed by early May. At the time I had no reason to not believe it but quite frankly I didn’t care as long as I got my CCr. Imagine what we would be hearing now if that was announced publicly then.
You and some others seem to get some perverse pleasure from seeing CGC fail to meet your expectations whether they are reasonable or not.
I’d rather give CGC the benefit of the doubt that they want to deliver the best possible product to the pinball community that they can rather than cut corners to meet an arbitrary schedule.

The expectations were set by CGC last year. Some of us feel they should be accountable for that, you clearly do not.

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh my no....lol. Do you not remember the multi page shit storm when some LE folks found out that SE+ peeps would get a topper?! Man alive, that was a mess. If CGC offered toppers to anyone who bought an SE, there would be an immediate call to arms and a seige on CGC headquarters. I'm exaggerating of course, kind of. Kind of not. Seriously, the topper debacle was epic in a negative way.

I remember the whining and crying from those that missed out on getting an LE, until they got their topper, talk about a shit storm...

#4749 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Do you have one on order?

He has one, derp.

#4838 1 year ago

You also wrote this, care to comment on if this is what is actually happening?

"Imagine if Ryan told us that LE’s will start shipping October 1st (I’m just making up a date as an example).
Here’s what would happen:
- CGC (and distributors) would be flooded with emails and phone calls “When’s MY game shipping?” as if CGC has some master list. (They don’t. If you want to know how the process works, check out the FAQ). An inordinate amount of time wasted and an almost absolute guarantee of unhappy customers.
- More phone calls from those interested in the SE+. “When am I going to get MY game”? “Why do I have to wait for the LEs to ship?”
- Even more phone calls “Well, what took so long?” “Why didn’t you just do this?”"

#4839 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ryan’s estimate is based on what they know now.
Everyone wanted “tell us what you know now” and we got it. I would hate to see anyone make him regret it.

LOL, you said this...

"Imagine if Ryan told us that LE’s will start shipping October 1st (I’m just making up a date as an example).
Here’s what would happen:
- CGC (and distributors) would be flooded with emails and phone calls “When’s MY game shipping?” as if CGC has some master list. (They don’t. If you want to know how the process works, check out the FAQ). An inordinate amount of time wasted and an almost absolute guarantee of unhappy customers.
- More phone calls from those interested in the SE+. “When am I going to get MY game”? “Why do I have to wait for the LEs to ship?”
- Even more phone calls “Well, what took so long?” “Why didn’t you just do this?”"

#4842 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t answer Ryan’s phone so I can’t say for sure. But I’ve already had PMs from people asking how to find out when they will get their game and when SE+’s are going to ship so I’m going to make a wild-ass guess and say “Yes”.

"flooded" - Laughable.

4 weeks later
#5331 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why do you even bother with CGC? For a supposed fan of their games you make Debbie Downer seem like the ultimate optimist.
If you have facts to back up your derogatory accusation, please share.
Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all.

We can only say nice things about CGC regardless of how poorly they treat their customers? Don’t think so.

#5335 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t accept radio silence on an open ticket and I wouldn’t think others would either.
But if you’re going to make a specific allegation you’d better back it up with facts.
There’s no excuse for poor customer service. But that’s no justification for slander either.

LOL? Did someone hack your account? "Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all."

#5336 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Slander ?
They are aware there are issues, people have opened tickets, issues are in this post, and nothing but silence.
Not thinking this is great customer service.
Hoping they hit the LE date they put out,
Plus it's getting strange that Richard has still not got his game? If there are issues with the electronic approval hope the export games get shipped or do we all just keep waiting for someday?

It is incredible how quickly jfh jumps to defend the indefensible. He's now claiming this is slander..."My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue."

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t defend or condone poor customer service. I agree 100% poor customer service is indefensible. But it’s the lack of timely ticket updates that would bother me not necessarily that there isn’t a definitive solution yet. I’ve worked tickets that took months to address and refused to close them until final resolution.
When I have what I think is poor customer service I escalate through the proper channels. Complaining online without doing so may alert others to potential issues but doesn’t typically result in resolution.
CCr will be my first new CGC game. I don’t have it yet so I don’t have any experience with their customer service but I’m not afraid to be a squeaky wheel if necessary. But I also don’t have unrealistic expectations of instant gratification as some here apparently do.

Anyone not happy after months of waiting has "unrealistic goals of instant gratification?" Sounds like slander...

#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, sounds like you are deliberately misinterpreting what I wrote.

I don’t believe I misinterpreted what you said in any way, please explain.

3 weeks later
#5753 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. That’s definitely the gun metal plating.

No way that’s gunmetal.

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I don't think I'd want to throw down 11K on a heavily routed LE..

It’s 11k for a new one…

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

AFAIK, there are two “show LEs”:
One at TPF had a pre-production “gun metal” powder coat.
One is essentially an SE+ with a wood apron and the LE sculpts/blades.
If the Pinagogo game is new it would be a production LE which means it has the production powder coat, not stainless steel.

It’s not new and it’s obvious that the rails are stainless.

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:AFAIK, there are two “show LEs”:
One at TPF had a pre-production “gun metal” powder coat.
One is essentially an SE+ with a wood apron and the LE sculpts/blades.
If the Pinagogo game is new it would be a production LE which means it has the production powder coat, not stainless steel.

It's one of the demo games for sure.[quoted image]

#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

*If you can find a nib LE, when they ship (or people selling 3rd party)* I probably played this very table..an LE up at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (Tacoma)..or one just like it..'he' told me that these machines have 1000's of plays on them...they've been to just about every bigger show, all over the US. Which says something for the playfields (in a good way)..just not something I'd throw that kind of mooney at.

They’re saying they have a *limited quantity* available which I assume they are selling new, not the machine in the picture.

2 weeks later
#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW - LEs start in about two weeks. CGC has delayed announcing their next game because of the delay.

Is this a joke, they haven’t announced anything in over a year.

#6284 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I was never worried about CGC but upon hearing people being invoiced for the LEs and then silence on its shipping… that’s something to raise an eyebrow over. To me that’s a red flag.

CGC’s statement: “Dealers are prohibited from taking full payment more than two weeks before shipment.” Seems to be a problem here…

#6286 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Not sure how relevant
[quoted image]

Probably not available on Oct. 15th.

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Your game is late = CGC is going under. A handful of payments is going to matter?
If PPS is worried they know who to call.

To me that’s clutching at straws or fanning the flames.

No dealer is going to risk their standing with CGC by deliberately violating this. If a dealer (I presume Nevada Pinball/PPS) asked for final payment they must have had a good reason to do so (i.e. they were told a batch of their games was ready to ship). If you paid your invoice in full, I guarantee there is someone at your distributor that knows why the payment request was made. If you are worried, pick up the phone and ask.
If you are following any of the other manufactures there are plenty of similar stories (for months). As bad as CGC’s communication is, this issue isn’t unique to them.
Preordering games isn’t for everyone. It’s been just over a year since I made my deposit and most LE buyers are in the same boat. Some people have been waiting for Stern games even longer than that.
CGC has made it clear that anyone who wants their deposit back will get it. If you are really worried, cancel your order and get your money back.

CGC is violating their own policy, do you not get that?

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, no. Nothing we know so far shows there was a violation.
And if you understood/thought about the policy, you’d realize CGC couldn’t violate it.

It’s amazing how much water you attempt to carry for them.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

When they are victims of over the top reckless speculation thrown out without thought just trying to get people pissed, I’ll carry a bucket or two.

LOL, reckless speculation...

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

When they are victims of over the top reckless speculation thrown out without thought just trying to get people pissed, I’ll carry a bucket or two.

They've missed every deadline they gave themselves, including telling dealers to invoice for the LEs and then not shipping within 2 weeks, that's all on CGC. Just to be clear, what "reckless speculation thrown out without thought" are you referring to?

#6341 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The most recent example was the implication that CGC was having liquidity issues/going out of business.
(And, I’m not sure it was “dealers” plural. It seems to have been one batch of games. It’s not like hundreds of people were asked to pay their invoices. And there were no “deadlines”. That you took them as such is exactly why CGC doesn’t want to post here).
If Rick snd Sara at PPS aren’t worried, neither am I. My game is paid in full (my choice). I don’t have it yet. I don’t know if it’s been built yet. I don’t have a ship date yet. I just checked - my house is still standing, my family is fine and I have some awesome pins I can play while I’m waiting for my LE.

The gaslighting continues, more than one person here was asked for full payment from distributor other than PPS and you also admitted to being asked for full payment. Did your game ship within two weeks of being asked for full payment? Seems to clearly violate CGC's own policy on request for full payment to me.

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Reflective part of a muddy puddle. I wonder what it would look like without any mirroring in the puddles. I love the reflection off of Bart's tooth, reflection off the girl's locket, reflection off the shiny gun barrel, etc... stuff like that looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what my mirrored backglass looks like all lit-up!

Definitely a mud puddle.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg
#6359 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Don’t know what the deleted post said but you have every right to be upset.
And people wonder why CGC doesn’t want to post here.

Multiple deadlines missed and no communication are not signs of a quality company, yet you blame those with deposits paid as the problem.

#6380 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:I can’t figure out if you are just dense or trolling.
1) There have been no “deadlines”. We know of one estimate start of shipping date for the LEs made by CGC (Ryan). Games did not shipping by then so that estimate was missed/wrong. We don’t know why. If you want to continue to call it a “deadline”, go right ahead. But it isn’t and never was.

The difference between "deadline" and delivery "estimate" is immaterial to this discussion. You seem to do this a lot as opposed to addressing the issues being brought up.

#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There’s a pretty big difference. PM your address. I’ll send you a dictionary.

It's immaterial to this discussion and my point, if that's too big of a word for you just let me know.

#6411 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not the one that has a problem understanding words.

LOL, If those big ones I'm using are too much for you to understand just let me know.

#6428 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Asking someone who doesn’t know the difference between “estimate” and “deadline” for help with comprehension wouldn’t be a good idea.

Read all the words first, Einstein.

#6434 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I read all the words. Every single one. Even the ones you don’t understand (that took the most time).

I should have typed slower I guess.

#6439 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You’re obviously slow enough.

That’s for you, cupcake.

#6440 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Entirely too logical. Shame on you for posting such nonsense - this thread is reserved for how angry you are about the delays.

I don’t see anyone that’s angry with the delay, upset with the lack of communication? Yes.

#6501 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That wouldn’t be acceptable to me. I’ve not dealt with CGC service before but I would follow up/escalate through the ticketing system and if nothing came of that I’d pickup up the phone.
Maybe something fell through the cracks. It’s been a while since I asked Ryan about the leg situation but at that time they had a very small number of tickets/cases. I don’t remember the number but it was under 20 which was a surprise to both of us given the level of concern in this thread.

Dude, he followed the procedure CGC set, he shouldn’t have to jump through hoops just to get help with his problem. Again you excuse shitty customer service with it being the customers problem to solve.

#6502 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear that. What action have you taken to follow up?
[Yes, I agree he shouldn’t have to and that if there has indeed been complete radio silence that’s unacceptable. But accountability works both ways. And although it’s not right sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Posting about support experiences and specific issues is very helpful to owners here who may have the same problem. I’d like to more info on these kinds of things - that’s what belongs in the FAQ.
Not picking on KING-HENRY here but posting stuff like c r i c k e t s doesn’t do anything to advance a resolution. My mother taught me that if you complain about something you need to be prepared to do something about it.
It would be great to see those with unresolved issues post them here with a summary/timeline of what’s been done by both sides. I’m happy to track an unresolved issues list and follow up as needed but only if you’ve already opened a ticket. If you’re not comfortable posting, send me a PM.]

LOL, what has he done to follow-up? Really?

#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:So a pinsider selling his CCR LE for $12,700 claims it will be arriving next week. Anyone want to speculate on how this is possible? Or should we just straight up call B.S.?

I think his original ad said it would arrive on October 15th, so…

#6570 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is exactly why CGC are reluctant to post on Pinside. You already know the answer and yet you are still trolling.

Simple, maybe not make statements of fact on their their behalf then.

#6573 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

We are not their customers. For the most part, CGC doesn’t know which buyers have ordered what and certainly don’t have names attached to deposits. I am aware of communication with a number of distributors regarding various items, including deposits.
I’ve also received related PMs from multiple people in this thread who don’t want to post details because they don’t want to provide fuel to those that like to create drama. Some providing data, some asking for help. And no, I’m not going to post details about those messages.
I presume you are talking about shipping updates - no manufacturer (I’m aware of besides Spooky) provides them to the end consumer. You want an update, contact the business you placed the order with. Again, something you should know unless this is the first new game you’ve ever bought.

Did you even read his post? “ Could they update the distros who have the nonrefundable refundable deposits so they could update the people with deposits.”

#6575 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I did. I’m sorry you did’t understand my reply. If you have a problem you need help with, PM with the details.

Then why make a smart @ss comment like this? “ He clearly asked that the distributors be updated. “I presume you are talking about shipping updates - no manufacturer (I’m aware of besides Spooky) provides them to the end consumer. You want an update, contact the business you placed the order with. Again, something you should know unless this is the first new game you’ve ever bought.”

#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19: This thread must set the record for the number of people in it that don’t actually own it.

It wasn't supposed to be that way...

#6739 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Is a knocker on a modern SS the same as from the EMs?
Would there be two knocks- one they the speaker & the physical one?

Should be able to disable the speaker one.

#6785 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Waiting for jfh to spin this delay into a positive...

You nailed it, he actually said he sees this as a long term positive…unreal.

#6833 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Imagine how good this game is gonnna be if we wait 2 more years! Wow!

It’s gonna be amazing…

#6931 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not for the remake. Maybe that’s the tool that was used for the prototypes for the original? I’ll have to go find some pictures.

I don't think that is the tooling for the original prototypes, I believe they were metal and actuated with solenoids.

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

In even better news... I'm off all next week. The stars couldn't have aligned better. Now to cross fingers and toes there are no shipping delays.

That’s awesome, good luck.

#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

It’s Official…..
Cactus Canyon Limited Editions are leaving the building!! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great News!

#7021 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What would serial number "DSD" represent?
[quoted image]
Or is that a poorly written "1250"?

Looks like 050?

#7058 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

How about if we talk about the game here and bitch about not having your game yet in the other thread?

That might work now but wasn’t much of an option before.

#7077 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So Happy Monday !!
Who is getting an LE today ??

Wasn’t Wednesday the first delivery date?

#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It’s here
[quoted image]

What's your serial number...

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Going to Fedex shortly to pick up.....will post more pics as soon as I get it home and unbox.

Fantastic!

#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Taking picture requests
Here’s the metal leg protector plate. Plenty of distance between leg and body. Passes the card test easily.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they went thicker on the standoffs.

#7269 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

when do they start with se+ or are these also being made in parallel?
I presume they already have the toppers so the se+ should be coming out soon?

SE+ after LEs.

#7274 1 year ago

haha ok so not this year likely sometime March?

Guessing April/May.

#7311 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. amazon.com link »

Hopefully one of the mod makers can design something more appropriate for us.

1 week later
#7526 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. I can contradict at least one of those points.
Unless we get concrete info otherwise from CGC or distributors we have to assume “no news is good news” and simply welcome whatever information people want to share here. There are some that simply don’t want to post their info.
If you’ve got an LE on order nothing anyone posts here is going to make your game arrive any faster. Why set yourself up for disappointment?

Huh?

#7550 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. I can contradict at least one of those points.
Unless we get concrete info otherwise from CGC or distributors we have to assume “no news is good news” and simply welcome whatever information people want to share here. There are some that simply don’t want to post their info.
If you’ve got an LE on order nothing anyone posts here is going to make your game arrive any faster. Why set yourself up for disappointment?

Which point were you contradicting?

#7554 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Go somewhere else & troll
Edited: removed the word MORON

Classy, you should be proud.

#7560 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

your just a trouble maker acting all innocent, blocked !

Thank God.

#7603 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Hmm. Spinners rotated 90 degrees that look like saloon doors?

I think you nailed it.

#7604 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I may have overstated that, but if you look closely on the cc playfield schematic 2 of 2 you see a section on the left for a future saloon gate. Ever so small detail but shows a major hint. Section 3-7 towards back of manual.
[quoted image]

Can anyone check switch #73 in diagnostics and see what it’s labeled as?

#7612 1 year ago

Is it like a one-way actuated wire gate but with a plastic saloon door attached?

#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Doors that aren't doors, are drop targets?

I thought of that too but it would require cutouts in the playfield.

#7682 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That seems to sum up your post rather well.
If you look through this forum you will see many instances where people have made assumptions not based in fact. The inference that CGC can now focus on the upgrade kit because the LEs are shipping implies a serial process. That’s incorrect and could lead to some bad assumptions.

Jeez...you did it again.

#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presumed his post referred to a note. I was questioning the assumption that production was stalled.
Did the note from PPS mention a production delay?

So you based your assumption without knowing the facts? smh

#7693 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

It’s never been an issue for me.

#7818 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sometimes during the gunfight the drop target will go down before I flip the ball at it. Easy adjustment on this somewhere?
Edit: Shoot....I didn't check the FAQ...I hope I didn't just get myself in trouble and will be banned from the thread.

Reported...

#7827 1 year ago

Why would he leave with nothing but kind, caring, level-headed people like you and @jfh?

#7927 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:I’ve been compiling a more complete list of advice/tips and would like to have more in the FAQ but am currently limited by space. I think the major ones are there - there really isn’t that much missing. If you have specific things you know of or would like to see LMK and I’ll try to fit them in.
There are only about a dozen people here who need therapy.
The rest are not happy with waiting but understand it. I suspect the thread will become what I hoped it would be - tech talk, discussion of problems/fixes, game strategy, game play, etc. (and I’m a huge fan of unboxing and initial experiences) though I’m kind of glad there isn’t a lot of tech/problem talk because that seems to indicate that there aren’t significant issues with the game itself.
I’d like to see the venting move to another thread, but that’s clearly a pipe dream. If I could (or knew how) to create a search filter that eliminated the less useful posts I would (the idea behind the FAQ in the first place) but when we get to the point where the thread is where you want to see it I’ll absolutely put a “You may want to start here” link in the FAQ.
In the meantime the more you and other who have their games post, the better.

It’s not the waiting that is bothering anyone, it’s strictly the lack of communication.

#7950 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Asking common sense questions is one thing. Asking the same questions over and over when the only people that can definitively can answer (typically CGC) choose not to is something else entirely. Like definition of insanity.
It’s not the questions most have issue with. It’s the constant asking of the same questions hoping the answer will be different or that CGC will magically decide to answer something after it’s asked for the hundredth or thousandth time. But you are bitching too, in some cases with very valid concerns. And that bitching isn’t going to encourage anyone with answers to share them. Right or wrong, history shows us the reverse is true.
I’ll bet no one in this thread waiting for a game is happy about it and everyone wishes CGC would share more information. That’s pretty evident. But thinking that suggestions or complaints by anyone in this thread will change how and what CGC chooses to communicate seems like a fool’s errand.
The only way significant change is likely to happen is if CGC (or Stern or or JJP) sees a significant impact to its business. And that means distributors and/or end users just stop buying games. It’s not what people want to hear but there’s little evidence it isn’t true.

“We must assume that no news is good news…” LOL.

#7954 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

My post doesn’t say that at all.

Who said this?

“Unless we get concrete info otherwise from CGC or distributors we have to assume “no news is good news” and simply welcome whatever information people want to share here.”

Same take as always…

#7984 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I understand that you and those that upvoted your post relish every opportunity to slam me but the post you responded to did not say that. That you would take it out of context (while being literally correct) is rather trollish. I’ve never seen so many delight in what they see as bad news. Rhetorical question - why is is bad news when a manufacturer wants to improve their product for the benefit of their customers?

I always tried to find the good in schoolyard bullies that mocked me when I was growing up. I was rarely successful but realized that I was lucky compared to them.

LoL, it wasn’t out of context. BTW, did you find the good in that guy you called “clueless” just a few days ago?

1 week later
#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree 100%
But the key point is “who is late on delivery”. A number of people keep harping on “CGC has missed deadlines or multiple deadlines” yet they haven’t missed a single one. NO ONE who placed an order got a confirmed delivery date and CGC has NEVER said everyone will get their game by x date.

This is getting ridiculous.

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

In fairness, it’s not all on me. It is also true that if those wanting to vent, complain or go off topic were to move that elsewhere as previously suggested the useless post count would drop even more. It takes two to tango.

In fairness, he didn’t didn’t say it’s all on you.

#8241 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:Just have someone start another thread where everyone that is unhappy with CGC can vent.

Won’t work, some happy person is bound to infiltrate.

#8244 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hell no! ... I'm staying here !
Great.. now 3 threads of yes your right but no your wrong ...

…and Stern is worse!!

#8299 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You must have been reading a different thread the last few days.
That said, I’ve removed my opinion from the post.

SMH, just stop.

#8306 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its unbelievable again he stick to the FAQ and all will be well with this thread !

jfh downvoted your post, LOFL.

#8318 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Obviously, they are not here for Pinball, Pinside, CGC or CCrLE. They do not want their own thread as there would only be a few moaners saying the same shit over and over again. You need happy people to take smiles from, haters are always going to hate.

The irony in your statement is pretty incredible.

2 weeks later
#8723 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I did this complimentary edition plate for a fellow Pinsider. The size was 0.5 x 1.5 inches. Can someone please confirm the actual size for the plate insert? Length seems ok, was thinking 7/16 inch for width might be perfect. Thanks for the help!
[quoted image]

Looks more like 5/16” to me.

#8727 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

[Build rate max appears to be ~70/week. Unclear if they are there yet, but seems we are well above the 40/week we saw during the initial SE days]

How are you calculating output at 40+ games per week?

#8837 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are new standoffs for LEs and recent SEs and I think art has been removed around the legs (can someone confirm that?)

The new standoffs are thicker and now keep the legs from making contact with the decals, I believe the decal artwork has always been cut out from behind the leg area.

#8841 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of course. You’re on it.

That’s good to hear. That’s about 6 weeks less than what I had last heard. Would also be further confirmation to the increased production line capacity.

Seems a bit optimistic as that requires about 75 machines per week just to meet the LE production numbers by mid-April.

#8988 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. No. You can’t use the down time to calculate current rates. About 95-100 LEs have gone out since Christmas, + multiple SE+ batches + whatever have been produced but not shipped (not counting 2 federal holidays in that time frame). A lot closer to max capacity than your numbers.

lol. About 125 LEs have gone out in about 8 weeks with two weeks of downtime. The math says 20-25 games per week. 70 games per week is pretty funny, but not really.

#8995 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m confident with the source of my information and that the rate of overall production has increased beyond the best we saw during the initial SE production. Barring any unforeseen issues, don’t see why that would change now.
Your math is based on flawed assumptions. If you want to continue the discussion we should move to the thread for it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-gaming-production-and-communication-discussion
Unfortunately, so far the group in that thread seem more obsessed with berating CGC than having a logical discussion but there’s always hope for change.
Since very few know where they are on their distributors allocation list, no one outside CGC knows what batches are to be allocated to which distributors or when or how many SE+ will be shipped during the LE run it may be academic and interesting but pretty much irrelevant and pointless since there is nothing anyone here can do to change it.

Incredible…no proof or evidence of anything but “confident” none the less.

#9027 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:As I said, yours isn’t as current as mine.
If you are interested in a friendly bet on production, PM me.

LOL

#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I find a topper at? I just joined the club but don't have a topper.

From the FAQ:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9191 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I heard LE's are shipping slowly. The Topper is more interactive/upgraded as well. Looking forward to my CC+

What's the upgrade to the topper?

#9221 1 year ago

If you are so unhappy why dont you just get a refund on your deposit and move on to another game?

If you’re so happy about accepting ridiculously bad customer service just say so.

#9222 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

So why the exception now? Because you want the game and are willing to wait for it? You can’t have it both ways.
If CGC is so horrible get your money back and walk away. If your distributor gives you a hard time I’ll be glad to help get your money back or just buy out your your slot.
I get your disappointment and frustration and understand you want CGC to do things differently. You and half a dozen others rarely miss an opportunity to beat the same ddad horse over and over or down vote anyone who disagrees with you (and I see you conveniently skipped over my points about similar situations with other manufacturers).

Just get your money back…what a ridiculous statement.

#9244 1 year ago

I haven't received ridiculously bad customer service.

Lol, you’re the perfect customer for CGC.

#9245 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well, you didn’t resort to name calling, but you used at least three different derogatory adjectives in your very personal attack there. Thanks for exemplifying my point precisely.
Be nicer.

You said name calling but you have zero examples, great job.

#9248 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Agreed. However at this point the silent majority is getting fed up with the 5-6 whiny little infants throwing tantrums all the time. We all know who they are.
They should be quiet and let the adults talk. They might learn something.
Ahhhh god bless the generation of “me me me now now now” folks coming up into adulthood…. Fun times ahead.

Nice job with the insults and name calling, very adult of you to call out the infants this way.

#9269 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s not what it is at all. I’m only in the know about things people care to share with me. There are a surprising number of people (to me) who don’t want to post here for fear of being attacked (unfortunately that part I understand).
I’d rather not see all the “are games shipping?” questions and just wait and see what’s shared here but human nature says that won’t happen. As long as there is no news of “shipping has stopped because of x”, when games ship and to whom is interesting but essentially meaningless. I could be next on my distributor’s list and still have no clue when I’ll get my game until I get a shipping notice. That doesn’t bother me. Would I like it next week? Sure. But I’ll celebrate it when it happens and not waste time being unhappy while others get their games (except flippers) before me.

Do you have an example of someone being attacked on here for posting the details of the arrival of their game?

#9277 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No.
I didn’t say there were examples posted here. I said there were some who didn’t want to post here because they thought it might happen. After hearing why in one case I thought “yeah, you’re probably right”.

That makes no sense, you heard one person say that?

#9278 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like CGC got out about 5 LE's this week....was hoping they would double their capacity ....fingers crossed they can do it next week

jfh has a source claiming they’re pumping out at max capacity, between 40 to 70 games per week…

#9284 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:This again?! Always with the “I’m in the know and stuff is happening (trust me!) but I will keep it to myself”
I don’t want to speak for others but I find this almost entirely unhelpful and seriously annoying. Personally I just wish you would stop.

100%, annoying as hell and he refuses to stop.

#9285 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought it was pretty clear. If you want to continue the conversation, PM me.

I was pretty clear it makes no sense. We're supposed to believe that something that has never happened on this thread is preventing people from posting to this thread?

#9359 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know where these numbers are coming from but it’s been about eight months since they were producing as little as 30 games/week.
It’s kind of pointless to go through all permutations of “if they do x games per week they’ll be done in y months” because we don’t know the mix of LEs abd SE+ games and a whole bunch of other factors.
As they say in finance - Past performance is no guarantee of future results. So let’s not waste time on another thing we have no control over. Instead let’s celebrate new deliveries and discuss issues and topics relevant to the game itself.

They are not producing 30+ games per week right now, more like 20 max.

#9401 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

His number seems pretty accurate. What are your sources saying?
Per the FAQ, 40/week is currently happening... that seems a tad high.

jfh downvoted my post where I said it was likely 20 games per week, LOL.

#9408 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And then all the trolls come out and down vote me if I reply.

LOL at the hypocrisy, you downvote more posts here than anyone, I guess that makes you the king of trolls?

#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Manufacture Date 1/11/23. Delivered 1/25/23.
#157 has joined its siblings![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

#9565 1 year ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Just got the call ! CCRLE Number 203 on its way to So Cal

I don’t think that’s the correct serial number if you’re getting an LE.

#9570 1 year ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Thats what was relayed to me.... I'll circle back in 5-6 days once it lands to confirm

That probably is correct, my mistake.

#9617 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would explain the design change Ryan had mentioned regarding the volume levels on CCr, right? And why it’s not a bug?

No, some have to turn up their volume to 26 to equate to a volume of 8 on other machines.

#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

He can’t know that unless he knows how his shipments are being allocated. Even PPS doesn’t know that about their own games.
I’m sure he’s just telling you what you want to hear since it seems you’ll be incredibly disappointed if you don’t get #1250.

What is wrong with you?

#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is anyone else thoroughly confused by CGCs choice to not powder coat the shooter housing on the LE. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I can live with the coin door, but this looks like crap.
[quoted image]

CGC website shows it should be powder coated too.

D7CB1A41-CB1C-4BE5-B224-0066774B4675 (resized).jpegD7CB1A41-CB1C-4BE5-B224-0066774B4675 (resized).jpeg
#9876 1 year ago

Pineapple included.

1 week later
#10008 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lift the playfield and look down at it. Squeeze clip together and slide down. Then be sure it is centered in the brass ring. Adjust left or right with screws. Back and forth by gently bending the holder.
If it won't go up or down. Squeeze clip better.
LTG : )

But don’t squeeze the clip too hard.

#10014 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks much... I guess your last recommendation is probably the one to go with since I'm not planning on a complete flipper mech disassembly over the issue. Thanks for the hints.

It looks to me like the plastic flipper bushing is angling the flipper up. I’d try rotating it to see if that helps.

2 weeks later
#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Holy cow. Someone must have a SN that begins with a 3 by now?! This is ridiculous.

Only 48 weeks to go!

1 week later
#10625 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

It’s not a PPS license…wondering if it’s being built somewhere else related to raw thrills.

I'd guess that Raw Thrills is doing the design and software and CGC is building the games?

#10636 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

CGC can’t build their own games LOL

I get it’s a bit ironic…

#10759 1 year ago

LE #285 was delivered on Friday.

C6E79099-9532-492B-81EE-119EA8C87AF8 (resized).jpegC6E79099-9532-492B-81EE-119EA8C87AF8 (resized).jpeg
#10762 1 year ago

What are you waiting for!? Set it up!

I got it set up and then left town on Saturday. Added mirrored backglass, low bounce flipper runners and voodoo glass.

1ACF2E8A-963F-4470-8067-1A77227A8F53 (resized).jpeg1ACF2E8A-963F-4470-8067-1A77227A8F53 (resized).jpeg4DB58ED4-DAC4-4E51-ABB5-EA7C61FDB1E9 (resized).jpeg4DB58ED4-DAC4-4E51-ABB5-EA7C61FDB1E9 (resized).jpegEF2F5831-E7CC-45EE-B05B-5F58440C3989 (resized).jpegEF2F5831-E7CC-45EE-B05B-5F58440C3989 (resized).jpeg
#10767 1 year ago
Quoted from fstfish66:

I see all 4 modes lit up on your play field where it says sheriff. Marshall. Etc. Mine don't lite up. Did you make it that far in the game or is something not correct on mine ?? Thanks

That’s in attract mode and looking at pictures of other games in this thread it appears that they all are lit up this way.

#10941 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Jeez Lloyd — how many days did you just ruin?

I see that the troll has returned…

#11042 1 year ago

I am thinking here.... I do not think this is the same beast, they are not installing decals on ply - as it shows more imperfections - These older cabs were silk screened so different prep.
I am sure these have a MDF shell on the outside, which allows for no prep and the decal is just thrown on a fresh cab. The story changes when the decal is pulled off, but the story is a different one from prepping an older machine.
hence my question about prepping these cabs and not an older one. Sorry for the clarification but figured I would point this out.
I am 100% the experience is different on these newer cabs but that is my best guess.
It will definitely depend on how the decal comes off and how clean the surface is after this is done....
There is only one way to find out lol...once you go down the rabbit hole... hahaha

I think the cabinets were made out of a grade of plywood that had few if any imperfections, only the bottom was MDF.

#11073 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Anyone having an issue with their topper staying in lean back position?

Yes, mine is doing that and at least a couple others have been mentioned previously as doing the same. There are two springs that are supposed to pivot Bart back to the upright position but mine has a lot of drag in the movement.

#11074 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Not sure what you mean, he is spring loaded and springs forward when pulled back. A solenoid fires to make him fall back.
here's the innards, shows the springs #5.
[quoted image]

Mine is getting stuck in the leaning back position and has significant drag in movement, I'm assuming the others having this issue have the same problem.

#11111 1 year ago

I was hoping Polly might look more like this…

A791399B-4828-41E2-83DD-D52A490E5019 (resized).pngA791399B-4828-41E2-83DD-D52A490E5019 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#11496 11 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Finally in the house...how doesn't this game ship with non glare glass..
Without searching the whole thread. Yellow/black topper wire is to short. I had to pull out of the harness clamp and cutoff the wire ties to reach the topper harness
..is this correct ?
[quoted image]

Yes, I did the same.

#11515 11 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Having a problem with Big Bart not returning to the upright position on my topper . anyone else having this problem that can recommend a fix? I put a ticket in a month ago but have not gotten a response back . Thanks

I’m having the same problem and put a ticket in two and a half weeks ago too. Lloyd responded but I’m waiting to hear back on any suggestion on how to fix it.

#11535 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Game play question.
When the ball exits the pops it often triggers a hit on Bart (not always but a lot of the time). I can there is an opto there which is what it is seeing the ball. Is the triggering of Bart correct for this spot I just assumed the only way to trigger Bart was to hit him.

156325AD-2B24-457D-9C86-6AFCB3CA19C1 (resized).jpeg156325AD-2B24-457D-9C86-6AFCB3CA19C1 (resized).jpeg
#11557 11 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Does CCR ship so when you start game 1 the extended code fires up? Thx.

Yes

#11592 11 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone with the game check something for me. The metal lane guide rails, do they have t-nuts on bottom of the playfield holding these in place? Mine seem a little loose and not sure if those are supposed to maybe be there to hold these more firmly in place?[quoted image]

They are not attached to t-nuts, they are pushed into those holes from the top side of the playfield. Mine were loose too and were causing ball hop when moving at lower speed. I shimmed them forward to tighten them up in the holes and all ball hop has been eliminated.

#11593 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Is CGC who I should contact about it?
If the glass was at least 1/4” wider it wouldn’t be a problem. But I put Invisiglass in and it’s also 21” wide so it falls out of the guides as well.
Can anyone get some accurate measurements on their cabinet?
The position of the router groove in the cabinet side walls that the plastic channel sits in.
and
The distance between the inside edges of the pf glass plastic channels would be a good place to start. Thx!

Inside to inside of the cabinet is 20 1/2 inches, my voodoo glass is 21 1/16" wide.

#11609 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

My cabinet inside to inside looks like 21-9/16”.
My plastic channel inside to inside looks like 21-1/4”.
Glass is 21”. Plastic channel looks like it can support 1/4” per side. So, when glass shifts to one side while inserting it falls off the other side’s 1/4”.
I tried a bunch of times to carefully insert the glass without letting it shift but it always falls off.

Do you mean 20 9/16" inside to inside cabinet?

#11655 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

No response on my support ticket as of yet.

Three and a half weeks for me on a different issue and no response.

#11656 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

Can anyone confirm if the beveled edge on the inside edge of the cabinet walls on CCr is standard? I don’t have any other remakes to compare to.
[quoted image]

Mine is beveled too.

1A024E3C-A819-4348-A62C-E3447B9A4277 (resized).jpeg1A024E3C-A819-4348-A62C-E3447B9A4277 (resized).jpegB33E26DB-CEF5-4DCC-9425-428B44160847 (resized).jpegB33E26DB-CEF5-4DCC-9425-428B44160847 (resized).jpeg
#11659 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

How far can you slide your glass over to one side? Looks close to being able to fall out?

Here’s all the way over on each side. It’s not going to fall out on either side but another 1/16” or 1/8th of an inch and I bet it would.

8464BC6F-F60F-49D7-9ED7-FFF795112883 (resized).jpeg8464BC6F-F60F-49D7-9ED7-FFF795112883 (resized).jpegD458759F-0311-446F-AE4F-BE10AD2EF44C (resized).jpegD458759F-0311-446F-AE4F-BE10AD2EF44C (resized).jpeg

#11660 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its crazy how bad their customer service has gotten....with my MMRLE and AFMRLE they typically responded within a day .... its great they have Lloyd, but that doesn't help with big issues like cabinets

I can’t disagree with you.

#11661 11 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Here’s all the way over on each side. It’s not going to fall out on either side but another 1/16” or 1/8th of an inch and I bet it would.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#11732 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

So if you have nothing to do with CGC and you know how the doors will work and you let everyone know doors are coming, what is the big secret on telling anyone how they work? This industry is just so fing weird. PS letting people know how they work will not effect sales in the least?

He likes to play this game where he knows something that no one else knows which I guess makes him feel important or something.

#11786 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unfortunately pursuing them would likely end up costing you more than the game.

Is that what your sources are telling you about CGC ignoring all of these warranty claims?

#11792 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t get the down votes here - obviously you’ve never tried to get a company to do something outside the normal support process. It can get expensive fast.

I’m not sure we can say they aren’t honoring their warranty but clearly they aren’t being responsive to some and that’s troubling.
Of the three you mentioned, credit card chargeback is the easiest and most likely (though that targets the distributor). A BBB complaint is worthless and most businesses ignore them. An FTC complaint without related legal action (specific performance) will be almost as useless.
I’m just saying that taking action outside the normal support process can be expensive and frustrating (been there, done that). If you don’t get response through the ticket system, I’d follow up with a call to your distributor, then a call and a snail mail letter to CGC before doing anything else.

Quoted from jfh:

I don’t get the down votes here - obviously you’ve never tried to get a company to do something outside the normal support process. It can get expensive fast.

I’m not sure we can say they aren’t honoring their warranty but clearly they aren’t being responsive to some and that’s troubling.
Of the three you mentioned, credit card chargeback is the easiest and most likely (though that targets the distributor). A BBB complaint is worthless and most businesses ignore them. An FTC complaint without related legal action (specific performance) will be almost as useless.
I’m just saying that taking action outside the normal support process can be expensive and frustrating (been there, done that). If you don’t get response through the ticket system, I’d follow up with a call to your distributor, then a call and a snail mail letter to CGC before doing anything else.

How about this, maybe they abide by the process that they created?

#11842 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Thanks for being upfront and honest about your thoughts, despite the probable tantrums that will get triggered for those Pinsiders with the maturity of a 10-year old. Cue the "but we should get it for free for waiting so long" whiners too.
Yes I am also still waiting for my game and it just doesn't matter. I won't enjoy it less just because it took longer to get to me lol.

Sounds like something a 10 year-old would say...

#11848 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I've been reading the posts in this thread since the beginning. It's been quite a long haul. It's been mentioned many times. You don't have to take my word for it, just sit down with a gallon of coffee and read the nearly 12000 posts lol.
As for the tantrum, of course it wasn't. That's why I apologized for ruining the moment where the usual suspects come here to bitch, moan, whine, and complain about how CGC sucks and the wait is unacceptable.

I hate to have to tell you this but you're the only one bitching, moaning, whining and complaining...

#11896 11 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Since the unfortunate passing of Lyman the only work that has been done the last 15 months was the putting together of the "to-do list" of what's left to finish the upgrade. The number of people that have been working full time on design, software, graphics and audio has been . . . ZERO.
Everyone on the CGC side was already set with their 2022 plans (Pulp Fiction development among other things). It was on Lyman and myself to pull this through in 2022 and that of course didn't happen.
Now that CGC is through most of that other 2022 work, I'm hopeful that there will be some serious progress made during this year because resources should finally be available.
For the record, there is already a ton of upgraded content that is in the game. IMO there's already enough upgraded content that I feel confident we could ship what's in my game today and people would absolutely enjoy it.
However, I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done.

If you need someone to field test the upgraded software just let me know...

#11912 11 months ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Are you asking if lifting the ball guide caused lifting of the surrounding clear coat?

I think that is what he is asking. Lifting the ball guide that little of an amount shouldn't be an issue with chipping the clear coat.

1 week later
#12081 10 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I see reading comprehension is still not a strong skill for you.
Josh was talking about the upgrade kit which has not yet been officially announced.
The problem with that for all you trolls is that there won’t be anything to complain about when the upgrade is ready to ship on announcement day though I know as the self-declared winner of biggest asshole in the thread that you’ll give your best shot.

He’s not the biggest a-hole in this thread…

#12095 10 months ago

This is hilarious. jfh is constantly complaining about people downvoting his posts…

IMG_7753 (resized).jpegIMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12255 10 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What is the criteria for getting the high score for the fastest shootout? I cant seem to figure that one out.

It’s for the fastest time beating the mode.

#12321 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Have you tried calling them? Clearly the ticket system isn't working very well... 3 days is a long time let alone 3 weeks

How about two months? Why the hell should he have to call when he is following the warranty process that CGC specified?

1 week later
#12483 10 months ago
Quoted from epichoff:

OK I’ll check the settings and make sure it’s enabled as well as checking the fuse.Thank you for your help.

Also make sure the connectors to the topper are fully seated.

2 weeks later
#12746 9 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Can someone please help me understand how to play the topper shootout? I have watched the video examples but am not groking how each flip activation moves the led lights, and how to time that with the doubleflip to “shoot”
Thanks!

There is no "doubleflip" to shoot, just hold the flipper down (moving the lights) until you reach the lighted bad guy and he will be shot.

#12813 9 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

There is no “fire”. You just scroll the lights left and right until it is under the bad guy. Only one person is lit at a time so if an innocent person is lit you can just stop moving and wait for the next bad guy to appear. All you are doing is moving the light back and forth.

Exactly.

1 week later
#12935 9 months ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Screw is in there fine (shrug)

It loooks like your metal piece separated from the hinge.

1 week later
#13030 8 months ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

On my topper the top right window never illuminates. Is it supposed to?

Nope

#13133 8 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

It would be an interesting thing to confirm if any SE owners out there take the plunge on a loose topper and try to install it on their game. I wouldn't value it anymore than the price difference between an SE and an SE+ personally ($1250). Maybe you could argue that a premium should be paid because someone is selling theirs and they cannot easily replace it without buying a new game but what that premium would be, if any, is going to vary depending on who you ask.

Someone has already done this.

#13180 8 months ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

I feel like it grabs your attention in the wrong way though... like it's almost something breaking and not sounding right.

There's a coil in there similar to a flipper coil, it's the plunger hitting the coil stop that's making the noise you're hearing.

#13182 8 months ago
Quoted from Canadian12:

So, normal then? I know joelbob already said it's normal, but looking for another nod of confirmation to put my mind at ease.

Yes, normal.

#13185 8 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Does the topper work on all models?

Yes

#13260 8 months ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I checked and it looks like I've got 2.7v at the coin door lights.

Aren’t those 12 volt lights?

#13286 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So stick the paper clip up under the 2 screws where the wires are connected?

Use the paper clip to jumper the switch (red line below) while you are in switch test to see if it activates.

Pinside_forum_7685976_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7685976_0 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#13671 7 months ago
Quoted from vxgxv:

Greenhorn question: How in tarnation do y'all reckon I can clear out them fancy factory high scores and slap on our very own? That U-3 Utility H.S. reset contraption don't seem to be doin' the trick.
Please, oh please, don't let it be that we gotta outshoot them there factory set scores, huh? Much obliged, y'all!

You gotta outshoot them.

#13745 6 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Anyone heard from jfh ? It’s been weeks I feel like I’ve seen him post.
Also what number are we at now a days with these new LE’s being delivered?

The one above is an SE Plus.

#13769 6 months ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

My LE mine shaft won’t move when hit. I have tested it and it works under test mode. Switch test also works.
It doesn’t reset at the beginning of the game. Sometimes it moves during the game but if it is in the down position when the game starts it makes the scoop hard to hit and it doesn’t raise when hit.
Also, when the ball gets stuck in front of the mine shaft post it doesn’t trigger the mineshaft during ball search.
Searching for ideas

Sensor in front of the mine located below the playfield? Check it with a ball in switch test.

#13803 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

My lockdown bar is very tight to get back on , so I'm assuming just loosen the screws a bit?

Correct, try half a turn at a time.

#13865 6 months ago
Quoted from Geetarslinga:

Thanks so much LTG!
I also have a few other questions. Should the beer mug be making any noise when it goes off? It physically moves, but I can't tell if the machine is counting the shot. Also, is it normal to get a gold mine multiball when I haven't even locked 2 balls yet in the mine?

You can get the third lock for Goldmine Multiball as a Bounty award which will then start it.

1 week later
#14001 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Question: is it verified that you CANNOT add an LE/SE+ topper to an SE? Anyone try one on their SE? (I looked through FAQ couldn’t find the topic)

You can add the topper to an SE.

2 weeks later
#14151 5 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Does the "new" OS system that CGC uses for CCr make it boot faster than their other remakes?
It's a bit annoying how long it takes my MBr to boot, as it first has to boot the CGC system, and then boot the emulation of the B/W system.
Supposedly, this was going to be improved for CCr, but I never heard if it actually was.

Yes, it boots faster, this was discussed when early games were arriving.

1 week later
#14238 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

What anti reflective glass are people using on CCR? Any issues with various brands fitting differently? HD, Invisi, Magic, Voodoo, etc.

Voodoo in mine, no issues.

1 week later
#14281 4 months ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I know this is discussed in the FAQ and the solution is to open a ticket but I'm curious if I could just get help here. I have had my CCrLE about a week and the ball keeps getting stuck behind Bart on the left, it will not shake loose during ball search. I'm sure this may be discussed in this very thread but there's so many pages I gave up trying to find it. Is there an easy solution for this? It happens about every other game.
* I will add that I did level the machine to exact specs in the manual. I may make it a little bit steeper in the back to see if that fixes the issue.

Do you have the black bumper rubber shown in the picture in the post below?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/48#post-6953671

2 weeks later
#14401 4 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, he claims it's NIB, but somehow it has a lockdown bar on it.
I thought lockdown bars were put on by the distributor/operator.
Was there ever such a thing as a "factory" lockdown bar?

The WPC95 games did come with the factory lock bar for the coin door, pinball 2000 games had it as well.

#14403 4 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Need some help. I can't find where to change/add custom message? I see A.1 20 to turn it on or off. I just can't find the change/add adj. Funny thing is that I've done it before on the other remakes. I know I must be just missing it. Thanks for help in advance.

I believe you can only add a custom image for this, look in the Utilities Menu, U-11 Custom Attract.

#14410 4 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I don't think that's for the custom message. I think that's for a custom attract image, that you need to use a sd card to install. On the other remakes I didn't need to do that. Thanks for the help.

It is for the custom message, I did it on my machine. ;o) U5 would be the setting in the original CC to enter the custom message and that is missing from CCr.

1 week later
#14466 4 months ago
Quoted from Arcadecrazy:

I too have had intermittent ball eject issues but haven't changed settings yet as most of the time it has enough power to eject the ball into the shooter lane. perhaps just a slight increase in power would work for my situation. i prefer to use as little power as possible to protect the shooter lane from any excess damage.

I think his issue is the auto shooter not the trough kickout.

#14505 4 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Any one have this binding issue on their Bart hat going up and down? Mine binds metal on metal and won’t go down.
I see no adjustments. It’s just a square metal rod that slides through two metal square guides.
Also found out that the Bart never came with any E clips for the horizontal rod that keeps Barts head in place.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the bottom of your cabinet for the e-clips.

2 weeks later
#14562 3 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Has anybody who has struggled with the beer mug leaf switch ever figured anything out? I've adjusted it dozens of times, and nothing works. I'm talking pull the whole thing out from underneath and adjust it.
Sometimes it works ok in test, but then I play a game and it just doesn't.
As it sits in the photo, I stripe the shot and it doesn't register 90% of the time. It is maddening.
[quoted image]

Is it activating the beer mug very well? Mine wasn't and I had to pull the metal assembly forward and tighten the screw (in front of the beer mug) to free up the front part that hits the switch.

#14579 3 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Mine is an SE with a mid-2022 build date and a 1900s s/n.

CGC fixed the problem by shipping thicker metal standoffs that go between the legs and the cabinet, at least for the LEs. Mine is a Feb 2023 build and it came with the thicker ones.

2 weeks later
#14751 83 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Howdy Pilgrims
Finally received my game.
Game is built to a high standard as usual from CGC.
Looks and shoots bloody beautiful, I'm not sure what to do with all these playfield toys, not used to it 
Its nice to be able to work out the game without having to read a 20 page rulesheet too.
Wife loves it as well as its more approachable for her. Topper is beautiful as usual from CGC.[quoted image]

What serial number did you get?

1 month later
#14989 51 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So no CCR shipping ? No PF shipping , Time for CGC to announce the next attempt at building a pinball machine !

They've already announced another run of MMr.

#15002 50 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I think he is just a bad AI experiment who claims to have bought a CCr, received it and sold it because he waited so long for it it made him hate it , how the fuck does that work.
It's more likely he is pissed because he couldn't flip it for a profit. I will be happily playing my CCR which I've had for almost a year now, and my Pulp Fiction while this "guy" is still bitching about how long it took to get a game that he didn't want or couldn't afford in the first place.

Some people still don't have a game yet and it's not your job to decide who can be pissed about it.

1 week later
#15051 43 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

I use a conventional (bench grinder) like polishing wheel, and red Tripoli rouge. The metals comes out smooth as silk and shiny as a mirror. I also do this for most of the stainless metal part on my restoration projects.[quoted image]

I thought you were joking...

1 month later
#15328 35 hours ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does the le have invisia glass glass?

No, it doesn't come with that from the factory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
7,500 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jchristian11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=jchristian11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.