(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

452 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballderdash. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I did not see this ball trap on the faq. This has happened in at least half the games I have played. Bart kicks the ball back into play and it bounces / stops here. Angle of playfield is correct.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Sculpted shoulders (from the topper?) attached to his body would eliminate the trap problem from both sides.

2 weeks later
#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

When one frequently makes comments that are negative in nature folks will likely come to the conclusion of the person being negative. Folks have heard your point and you continue to repeat it. Maybe you just want to be proven right? I dunno. That is my take though.

Realistic ≠ negative. Sometimes the truth hurts. A realist can be both an optimist and a pessimist. Does sugarcoating things feel better? Sure. But in the end facts are facts.

You could make up warm fuzzies now and be disappointed later or have real expectations set early that may surprisingly be exceeded down the road. Most companies prefer to under promise and over deliver to create the best possible customer experience.

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Facts ≠ Opinions/guesses/conjecture; I don't have strong feelings any way. The reality is that this thread has a bunch of folks really excited to get their games. Then someone constantly states that it will be delayed, a long time away, not anytime soon, etc. Being a broken record isn't exactly contributing to the conversation. People are excited, why constantly try to change that?

I’m excited but have NFC when mine will ship (SE+) My excitement will last as long as my expectations are reasonable. I hear what you’re saying though. I like the idea of people who have got theirs already offering to host a local pinsider in waiting for some flipper time and to check it out. Anyone around Lansing, MI?

1 week later
#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

It goes past 11! The main issue is that is sounds like shit turned up that high, not the volume number itself. Just comparing between CGC games. For my game, it becomes muddy/distorted and buzzy by the time it’s at what I’d consider an average volume.

Typically regarding audio, if the source’s output volume/voltage is too low going into the amplifier the result will be distortion in the speakers. Take for example a headphone jack output signal from a ipod/cd player etc. If the player’s volume slider is at 10-20% and you then connect it to a stereo amp to play via external speakers you’ll have to turn the volume way up on the stereo to hear anything and it will sound like crap. However, if you set the output volume of the player to 80-90%, you can turn the stereo (amplifier) level down and it will sound much better and still play loud.

Sounds to me like there’s a mismatch between soundboard level output and amplifier volume control. Making sure CGC is sending the correct line level output to the amp should help solve the problem.

#2273 1 year ago

So how do you adjust the CGC soundboard level? I have not looked at the board or manual so perhaps this question is dumb.

I have no experience in pinball sound adjustment just carryover general audio knowledge. My guess is the output voltage being sent to the amplifier may be wrong and unless it’s a hardware failure, could be corrected via a firmware update? The fact that distortion is present at higher volume settings leads me to think that it’s the preamp level being too low that is causing the problem. This wouldn’t be user serviceable if I understand correctly. But again, I have little pin shop experience.

#2382 1 year ago

Maybe it’s made that way to accommodate a future mechanism which will fill the space. What are the predrilled holes for?

1 week later
#2742 1 year ago

What’s up with the lady hanging out the saloon window?

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

One more CGC remake. And one CGC original title.
LTG : )

An original title is coming?

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

No response to my ticket yet that I posted weeks ago at this point...

Well that’s concerning. A follow up to let you know they’re investigating would be nice.

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

If topper parts the hold up, I wish they’de give us the option to pay extra shipping to get the game now and topper later. Don’t see that happening though.

This should absolutely be the resolution. With option for SE+ to ship simultaneously.

#2819 1 year ago

I’m imagining a reskin of AFM and CC to do an Attack From Zurg/Buzz game with Zurg where the center UFO is and then a Woody’s Roundup/Woody game with the prospector in place of Bart.

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Well, I'm in. Cactus Canyon SE is on the way!
I was waiting for the SE+, but with the unknown length of topper delays I decided to just jump in now.

I’m considering the same. Which is a shame for CGC because they’ll start missing out on sales/profits if more people become impatient and forgo the + to get the SE. Which is why shipping the toppers out later makes sense too.

#2860 1 year ago

ding ding that is me.

What’s the market/demand going to be like for NIB SE’s when the SE+ ships if the plan is to keep topper from that and sell the pin?

#2862 1 year ago

I’m just curious if there will be buyers for the SE that would be flipped after removing the topper from the SE+ package? At what price? $8K, $7K, above MSRP? What will the value of a NIB SE be at that point in February?

#2865 1 year ago

As long as the market isn’t saturated by then... I like the idea of getting an SE now and keeping my “+” order to pull the topper from later. I just don’t want to get stuck holding the bag and take a loss on selling the “nib SE”.

#2956 1 year ago

Q: What’s the hold up on the LE and SE+?
A: Parts for the toppers
Q: Can’t you ship the toppers separately?
A: No

Hehe... I’m impatiently waiting for my SE+ with a topper! Lol.

8B88198A-CBD1-42C5-A359-BD54EB74EFCE (resized).jpeg8B88198A-CBD1-42C5-A359-BD54EB74EFCE (resized).jpeg
#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just because someone at CGC said they were waiting on topper parts doesn't mean they're not waiting on other parts as well. My guess is its not just the topper

I’ll take one SE then please and an invoice for my separate shipping charges to be billed when the topper is ready. Plenty of SE’s coming off the line. My distributor has them in stock also.

1 week later
#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I solved my last two repeating stuck ball locations.
Bart's left shoulder would often catch a ball. CGC could put a black bumper at the factory on future games.

The metal protector at the outhole kept trapping balls between the edge and apron. Either the protector needs to be made of thinner material, or the assembly opening moved.

1. Since CGC re-sculpted Bart anyhow, why not mold some shoulders onto his bust to eliminate hangups entirely? A rubber sticker isn’t a fix. It’s a temporary solution to a problem needing to be solved.
2. How was this not addressed after the play testing and evaluation process?
3. Leg fitment, rusty standoffs, audio level issues... quality control has me concerned.

2 weeks later
#3821 1 year ago

Ship the “SE” part of the SE+. We can wait for the topper. Send us the pin!

Sincerely,

A CCr SE+ reservation holder

#3849 1 year ago

It’s a cardigan but thanks for noticing.

#3888 1 year ago

Read through the FAQs and didn’t see this answered.

Does the topper provide any additional callouts during normal gameplay whilst not in shootout mini game?

I’m sure the topper is GI lighting reactive, and includes random motion events, but are there any additional vocal cues during standard gameplay?

#3898 1 year ago

Regarding the CCr topper, the CGC demos on YouTube seem to show Bart chuckling more or heckling in a different voice/time interval from the rest of the Bart shot modes on the playfield. This is why I asked if there would be any additional sounds during standard gameplay as a result of having the topper engaged.

#3987 1 year ago

I hope they’re making & stockpiling everything for the LE and SE+’s up to the point they can complete them and just sitting on them for final parts when they arrive. A few twists of a screwdriver and a packaged topper later and they can blast them out the door in droves! Imagine everything being held up ships simultaneously...

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) The topper is in a separate box to start with.. so no need to keep games out of their boxes (if the issue is infact just parts in the topper)
2) The amount of space games take up is enormous in volume. Even if CGC were only doing 40 games a week, that is more than one tractor trailer's worth of games a week. To build 500 games would take them 16 tractor trailers. Or over 5100 sq ft of floor space...
Now remember how many LEs they sold.. This does not work well to assemble the games in volume and hold onto them for long periods. That is why people suggested SHIPPING them

I’m in the ship ‘em out crowd. But what is the alternative to that or stockpiling them? Just put the staff on leave and halt production? Downtime in a factory is a killer. They’d be better off renting warehouse space if they are bent on holding back inventory rather than shipping toppers separately. Something doesn’t add up...

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tetris.
Got it.

More like Whac-A-Mole.

#4016 1 year ago

My concern is why there’s not more openness about the delay and setting time to delivery expectations from CGC. Odd that it’s just, you’ll get it when you get it.

SE pluses don’t need anything but the topper. I really see no reason to hold them back other than the IP holder qualifying them as an accessory vs game component for sales figures.

It’s a $10,000 product. You get more updates when you back something cheap on kickstarter. I’m not concerned that I won’t get a game, I’m thinking that there has to be a better way for CGC to work through this for their benefit too.

Now rake me over the coals for my .02¢

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

From what I understand even CGC doesn’t know when they will get the parts. So there’s nothing of value they can tell you.

If a manufacturer goofed and made an out of spec part, I’d imagine CGC would know how long it will take for said part to be made correctly in quantity and shipped back. In the case of an error I’d also expect the parts to be flown in vs slow boated from overseas.

Not sure how the arms got final approval for manufacturing if CGC didn’t see, hold and test a production sample to give the O.K.

#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Maybe it’s sad because it is stuck next to Thunderbirds.

You may like this Homepin factory tour from a YouTuber that does various electrical engineering projects. They check out that machine while there.

#4126 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

WAIT A SECOND!
So they can get them into a Canadian pinball show but Richard is still waiting!?!?!?

Now are the pitchforks justified?!

#4128 1 year ago

They have been for awhile!

Let’s host a show for thread members at Richard’s house. Problem solved. What date works for you?

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So little follow up ...
This game cannot be sold , just for promotional use...
Guessing sticker #2 is still pending.
This should avoid sticker-gate!
But still don't get the delay.
Sorry Richard you know I have been a long term advocate of you getting your game ...

As long as Richard displays a CCr banner and invites a guest to demo the machine I’m sure we could clear the loopholes to qualify as “promotional use” in his home.

Just having fun here. But seriously...

#4227 1 year ago

Just said LE and SE+ might ship simultaneously at times. Not necessarily only and all LE’s first and then SE+... Awesome! Thanks Ryan!!!

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Now he is saying they will make LE and SE+ at the same time....

I’m guessing they kept producing SE’s during the parts issue and stockpiled them for use as SE+‘S once the topper is complete. No sense having the factory run idle. Therefore they will ship once the cabinet leg and topper arm parts are sorted.

#4239 1 year ago

I believe foam is on all mugs and he said the level of foam has a variance between the two styles. The one with taller foam “may” hit the glass but can be adjusted under the playfield. That’s what I remember hearing at least.

#4284 1 year ago

Adding too much volume resulting in distortion is due to a preamp problem. The line signal into the amplifier has too low of voltage. So either there is a lose connection or bad signal in that path. I don’t have the pin to trace the soundboard to speakers so I can’t diagnose it further.

Garbage in garbage out. Get the signal preamplified properly and to the amplifier cleanly and the sound should be rich a loud at lower levels. Unless the amplifier itself is trash... that’s a different issue then.

#4285 1 year ago

Of note is this noise filter that had to be added to AP’s Hot Wheels due to a ground loop problem or emf distortion. Maybe similar issue with CCr? IDK but check out the service link:

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-1/Hot-Wheels--audio-connection-and-settings.pdf

#4306 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I have this issue... CCr is set to 20ish to be able to hear it and not have distortion. I've checked connections, inspected wiring on the speakers etc. don't see anything obvious.

Bad amp or preamp. Other possibilities are the speakers are wired “out of phase” where the left is firing opposite of the right and so the sound waves somewhat cancel each other out.

If you connect a 3.5mm cable from an iPod into a stereo with the iPod volume set to 5%, you’ll have to crank the stereo amplifier to 80% just to hear it and it will sound weak. If you set the iPod’s internal volume (preamp) to 90%+, your stereo amplifier can be set to 30% and it will sound full, loud, and clean. I’m guessing something to this effect is happening for some machines.

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Uuuuuuggghhhh!!!!! C’mon Chicago Gaming! I can’t hardly wait any longer for my LE!!!!

1AAA7504-A48B-4594-B711-F3AA5C804C3E (resized).jpeg1AAA7504-A48B-4594-B711-F3AA5C804C3E (resized).jpeg
#4323 1 year ago

four upvotes? That’s worth at least six...

#4412 1 year ago

Bad preamp stage most likely. If it’s a chip issue not fixable with firmware, CGC wont want to admit it bc that means replacement boards.

#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I respectfully disagree, i believe in CGC.

#4427 1 year ago

CGC Price update:

You can have your CCRLE... it’ll only cost you an arm and a leg. A topper arm and cabinet leg that is. Lol

#4487 1 year ago

Regarding delays - I feel like Ryan being vague is a stall technique to prevent people from bailing if they knew a more accurate timeframe of when to expect their games. If the parts delay were easily remedied then we’d be given a date and expectations would be set accordingly. The fact that production/delivery is clouded in mystery tells me that we could be waiting much longer than his recent comment of “soon guys, soon.” Otherwise I don’t understand the lack of communication.

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

people that want the game/topper aren’t going to start cancelling en mass. But I do think the delays will put some downward pressure on SE+ demand and CCr in general, and Stern is going to take sone oxygen out of the room very soon.

My two points:
1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+

Please let us know specifics CGC!

#4524 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Date: 21st August, 2021
In a seminar at the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta today, Ryan White of Chicago Gaming confirmed that the company has been working on a remake of the popular Bally title, Cactus Canyon.
Almost time to wish them happy anniversary...
Question is how long before this were they working on it?

Cactus Canyon Remake: Now shipping unfinished to maintain that OG Bally CC authenticity!

#4549 1 year ago

Can all be put to bed with straight answers from the horses mouth. I don’t like wishy washy vagueness. If the answer was a good one they’d be proud to come out and give an update. The fact that they’re not saying much tells me they’re stalling as long as possible to avoid painful truths. You’re spot on regarding companies that pump and communicate in the forums during rollout and sales but then ghost us when it comes time to delivering on promises and being accountable. That’s bad form. It should be the same level of engagement on both ends.

#4558 1 year ago

Imagine a car manufacturer or an appliance maker telling you, “you’ll get it when you get it”. I know this is an entertainment device but I’d like to know what to expect for my money and it’s no small chunk. A straightforward delivery estimate would allow me to chose the best use of my funds. Instead CGC is holding my cash hostage. Not the deposit, the promise to pay my balance. I need to make sure that’s liquid when I get the call and right now that’s stuck in limbo. Do I have 8K to play with for 6-12 months or do I need to park it for “soon guys, soon”?

#4575 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Reminds me of my kids with “Are we there yet?”

And when your kids don’t clean their room, come home on time or do whatever you ask of them are you going to say to them, okay “It really doesn’t matter all these discussions. Throwing fits and demanding updates won’t accelerate things” with you. Your kids can just tell you I’ll do it “soon Dad, soon”? Lol.

Please don’t call me a whiner, complainer or call my perspective BS. I entered into a financial agreement with a business. There are now expectations between us. Without accountability there is apathy. I refuse to lower my expectations. This is the same as those in this thread telling that other pinsider to just deal with his decals. That he shouldn’t be mad. He should just sell his game if he’s not happy.

#4576 1 year ago

Plenty of studies done showing how people work harder and do the job better when they know they’re being watched. I’d image same goes for CGC. If they know they have pressure on them to perform (or report) then maybe they’ll produce results.

But mystery and obfuscation is cool too... if you’re into that kind of thing.

#4606 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So my point is I have NEVER ordered any high end item and not been given an estimated delivery date.

And when mine have had setbacks the company always provided updates and set proper expectations with a new date. Never, “you’ll get it when it’s ready.”

#4644 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Why would a company choose to delay delivery of their product?

They wouldn’t. But they do have a choice to be cryptic and vague or honest and straightforward.

#4656 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

What exactly would you like them to tell you?

Define: “soon guys, soon”

If I tell my kids who are waiting for my attention “just a minute” over and over while never actually acknowledging them, they give up and walk away. It’s like the story of chicken little or the boy who cried wolf. These are simple lessons that I’d expect a corporation to understand. On the other hand CGC knows they’re selling a luxury good and have little competition since CCr is an exclusive title. People will wait regardless since they can’t get it anywhere else. Finally, if the delay extends to a leg issue they’ve got a bigger problem since correcting it means admitting fault and paying to make amends. All told the solution to this is transparency. Who has heard the saying “honesty is the best policy?”

#4657 1 year ago

Why is Ryan going to go back on Flip N Out to stream another evening of CCr (this time with the ((prototype)) topper) if all the LEs are sold out? They’re not shipping product but they want to push more SE+ sales? I don’t get it. Nobody has yet to see a full production LE and topper in person. CGC can’t update customers with PO’s but Ryan can stream the game for four hours?! I’m confused.

#4659 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Bingo. You got it.

LE’s should get the upgrade kit, playfield mods and cabinet esthetics. All toppers should be sold separately. Any SE buyer who wants one can order upon availability. Change SE+‘s to SE’s and ship as a bundle with a slight discount for preordering.

jfh: I know they chose to make the topper part of the game vs an accessory and all that it entails. Doesn’t mean there were/are other options.

#4750 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

one of the wires to the ground connection (I believe) was barely attached, so reflowed/attached that one and it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Solder-gate

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

That’s weird it really should be . There is nothing about it that couldn’t be done on the screen they even have the animations for it going on the screen. It would just change to the topper when you have one plugged in.

Pretty similar to the “spittoon” mini game in Champion Pub.

1 week later
#5088 1 year ago

I’m in the mood for a western movie. Anyone have a favorite film to recommend?

#5161 1 year ago

Are these broken wires and bad solders normal? I’ve been seeing more than a handful.

#5175 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Can’t have a Wild West town without a saloon. No spittin’ at the bartender!
[quoted image]

Nice pieces. Where did the moonshine jug come from?

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So I've been trying to load a custom Bally logo on my CCr and I'm not sure where to go from here...
Thanks for any info.

Is the logo the only file on the card? May need to have an empty stack other than the .bmp If you’ve reformatted I’m guessing that it’s the only thing on it.

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Figured this out now... I had the file named "userlogo.bmp" but obviously the .bmp is appended automatically so I had two ".bmps" appended to the file name so the system couldn't read it....
But... the Bally image I grabbed is off-center so still have to figure that out now...

So close! Glad you’re working it out. Best of luck.

1 week later
#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

But I also don’t have unrealistic expectations of instant gratification as some here apparently do.

In all fairness, I think we’re beyond the “instant gratification” timeframe.

#5349 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Software/beagleboard.

Forgive my ignorance but if it were software alone wouldn’t the issue be widespread? Isolated cases of poor audio quality seems like a hardware issue. A faulty stage on the beagleboard you mentioned...

Fixing it might require a software workaround if that’s even possible, otherwise complete board replacement since everything is system-on-a-chip.

#5356 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if it would be worth cutting the cable tie and separating the speaker wires from the harness ?

Agreed. Speaker wire should be run at 90° to any electrical signal wire (not parallel). Could introduce interference. However, a low volume situation like this screams preamp problem.

#5368 1 year ago

FWIW the TAS5760M chip pictured below is a Texas Instruments Class D amplifier with on board digital volume control and digital to analog converter. The round 330uf 25v capacitors lined up in a symmetrical fashion are part of the analog amplifier stage that outputs to the speakers. Reading the spec page on the TI chip I would have to guess that it’s either receiving a low input voltage to one of its internal power supply circuitry pins (AVDD,DVDD,PVDD) or otherwise operating outside of its nominal supply voltage of 4.5 to 24VDC. There is also an interesting pin that handles speaker faults and reads “Speaker amplifier fault terminal, which is pulled LOW when an internal fault occurs”. Not sure if that has anything to do with amplifier reducing its voltage and requiring a higher volume number. The fact that the volume control buttons work at all to adjust levels up and down leads me to believe the digital amplifier is working but somehow the output is weaker than it should be. Bad/weak signal into the chip? Internal digital amp outside of nominal spec? Analog output stage non functioning and only relying on onboard TI chip’s digital amplifier (therefore underpowered speakers)? FYI, I only know enough to be dangerous. Take with plenty of salt.

C03F5F66-66DE-4715-9EDD-9AEE14F08432 (resized).jpegC03F5F66-66DE-4715-9EDD-9AEE14F08432 (resized).jpeg
#5370 1 year ago

And heck, since it works for all the other switch errors... why not try reseating the J6 connector? Ha. Couldn’t hurt.

#5373 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Damn Ballderdash, I was writing the exact same post and you beat me to it, said the noob that has zero clue what the hell you’re talking about…..

Lol. Thanks. Basically I think there’s a hardware flaw on these and unless someone at Texas Instruments can get real creative I don’t know that there’s a work around. The engineers at CGC are going to have to look into what I described above but since it’s an off the shelf chip and not CGC proprietary code, they will have to get testing and input from TI which I’m guessing has told CGC to “get in line behind everyone else”, hence the long wait for a response to CCr customers. But again, IDK. I was bored.

#5375 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I have reseat the J6 connector and inspected the pins. Everything looks normal. It would be nice to get a new main control board and swap it out to try and Easter egg my way out of this.

Have you tried unplugging and restarting the machine?!

Please fill out a ticket and one of our specialists will be with you shortly.

Lol. Sorry.

#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Apologies for the dumb question or if it has previously been discussed, but is it possible that the speakers are wired out of phase on the affected machines?

Possible. But someone with the issue traced theirs back and said and it checked out. I’m with you that it could have a similar effect. Low volume and added muddiness. Probably not enough cancellation between speakers to require volume 20 instead of 6-8, but worth doing the due diligence to verify.

#5389 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

CGC has made it clear that my new CCrSE cannot accommodate their upcoming interactive topper.

What information do we have from CGC that tells us a topper off an LE or SE+ wont work on an SE if someone separates and sells theirs?

#5401 1 year ago

I’m so curious about what CGC has been doing in their factory during the parts problem. Seems like enough inventory of SE’s at distributors. Has the line been put on hold or are they creating machines up to the point they can build them and then warehousing them?

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And any topper mode the upgrade kit code might add.

What beyond hitting the beer mug “X” number of times to activate topper game do you speculate?

#5507 1 year ago

So distros are getting ready to take delivery of LE’s but has CGC communicated to them or anyone here about the unsolved audio and leg gate mysteries? Before product ships it would be reassuring to know some additional quality control inspections were passed.

#5540 1 year ago

Weak preamp stage. Over amplifying a crap signal. iPod line audio into stereo example is spot on. Makes no sense why some CCr pins are loud at 8 and others at 21. Totally a hardware flaw bc everyone has the same code.

#5541 1 year ago

Could OP set up a poll on the thread of what volume each respondent has their volume to? A: 4-10 B: 15-21 C: other

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from raisindot:

when my SE+ eventually arrives....

................... +1

#5556 1 year ago

If there’s time to stream there’s time to come clean.

#5645 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If an LE topper won’t work on an SE, an SE+ topper won’t work on an SE either. The toppers are identical.

I think he’s saying an SE+ owner may be more likely to part with their topper and sell it off.

I can’t imagine other than changing a menu selection or a dip switch the topper would be force locked onto the model they shipped with. That would require separate firmware or the elimination of certain hardware from the board to prevent connection to SE’s. Seems like a lot of work just to ensure customers buy the model with a topper vs use a scalper in the free market.

#5647 1 year ago

Based on the poll numbers, are the SE+’s going to be more rare than the LE’s?

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Plus it’s going to take 6+ months to produce all the LEs at the current (estimated) production rates.

...SE+ depositor slowly reconsidering everything.

C2B17CB5-5C61-4BAC-8EAF-F1AB4E7E29D7 (resized).jpegC2B17CB5-5C61-4BAC-8EAF-F1AB4E7E29D7 (resized).jpeg
#5705 1 year ago

I have a suggestion for all the SE models sitting in distributor inventory...

E8451488-10AD-4CF6-A8B5-DB0507DE1B9B (resized).jpegE8451488-10AD-4CF6-A8B5-DB0507DE1B9B (resized).jpeg
#5719 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, that’s the math that made me very happy with the SE.

You know what made me real happy today? Finding out that there was a cancellation on an LE at my distributor and I was next on the list!

#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I assume you took it in place of your SE+ order?

Unequivocally yes!

#5735 1 year ago

Yeah. When the LE I switched to and SE+ I gave up are the same price... that’s like winning the lottery.

#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. That’s definitely the gun metal plating.

Respectfully disagree

#5767 1 year ago

Right now I feel like CGC is telling us that we will own nothing and be happy. Poor Richard!

B7AE1946-7453-4FCF-A1C7-42E5B1E8B39C (resized).jpegB7AE1946-7453-4FCF-A1C7-42E5B1E8B39C (resized).jpeg
#5768 1 year ago

I want a CCr SE, no a SE+. I want a LE, I want delivery...

9E82444A-2B01-4FAD-B58E-A158B253B947.gif9E82444A-2B01-4FAD-B58E-A158B253B947.gif
#5769 1 year ago

“I can only give them to you if you solemnly swear to keep them for yourselves and never show another living soul as long as you all shall live”

Now I know why we haven’t seen any LE/SE+, lol.

BBEC6199-64DC-40BC-AE9F-E8CA9A2857A4 (resized).jpegBBEC6199-64DC-40BC-AE9F-E8CA9A2857A4 (resized).jpeg
#5774 1 year ago

It’s been 4 weeks since the update email from my distributor said CGC would ship in 3-4 weeks.

656DDF60-AB70-45A9-A906-75E74A05161B (resized).jpeg656DDF60-AB70-45A9-A906-75E74A05161B (resized).jpeg
#5789 1 year ago

So who has actually paid final invoice and are awaiting shipping from their distro for an LE? Anyone?

#5795 1 year ago

So 3 people? Woof.

#5798 1 year ago

Just as long as CGC isn’t cooking up one of those Stern retroactive price hikes that applies to yet to be delivered games... FML

#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

That’s not how they’ve rolled historically.

...to pinball machines

E50578F0-5E39-415C-B6DC-230BA3C7BD24 (resized).jpegE50578F0-5E39-415C-B6DC-230BA3C7BD24 (resized).jpeg
#5805 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’m pretty sure I saw some language in their purchase agreement terms of service that they have the right to increase the price by $2500 to anyone who talks smack about them on ANY pinside thread…

Perfect. That balances out the $2500 they owe PayPal for misinformation about their delivery window... I kid.

#5823 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

"Sorry loser, you are going to have to wait until at least the end of next week"

Maybe some levity?

78927FE9-65D4-4B5B-A9B0-5BCDF05B0115 (resized).jpeg78927FE9-65D4-4B5B-A9B0-5BCDF05B0115 (resized).jpeg
#5857 1 year ago

I’m sure everything is fine

C0307D8E-E376-4F9D-9E80-6CA039A24BF8 (resized).jpegC0307D8E-E376-4F9D-9E80-6CA039A24BF8 (resized).jpeg
#5858 1 year ago

Just for S&G’s. I’m happy waiting.

81FDBC15-9F9A-450C-99DA-277904D50BB3 (resized).jpeg81FDBC15-9F9A-450C-99DA-277904D50BB3 (resized).jpeg
#5859 1 year ago

One more for the most patient man I know...

D39AD306-E06A-44C9-8908-3EDDA760716D (resized).jpegD39AD306-E06A-44C9-8908-3EDDA760716D (resized).jpeg
#5868 1 year ago

Richard: “We saved the best for last. A ‘21 CGC Cactus Canyon remake SE. A CCr SE! There she is. Yep, there’s Eleanor”.

AE3FC736-73A6-4D39-98E7-894664E8A3DD (resized).jpegAE3FC736-73A6-4D39-98E7-894664E8A3DD (resized).jpeg
#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the rules for CC are great, but one gripe I have is scoring balance.

I’m guessing that’s where Lyman’s code comes in.

#5886 1 year ago

Btw, any shipping notifications - or nah?

*crickets

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You mean u didn't get an email from CGC giving u an update on manufacturing? I mean come on its only been a year with basically crickets on the communication front...

I got this in my email a month ago tomorrow...

2C387CB3-3600-4253-956F-C3898CF22FC1 (resized).jpeg2C387CB3-3600-4253-956F-C3898CF22FC1 (resized).jpeg
#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

Yesssss.

E24586DD-6DA5-4BBF-B572-AD7C9DEC8C3E.gifE24586DD-6DA5-4BBF-B572-AD7C9DEC8C3E.gif
#5922 1 year ago

Almost that time of year. “He does exist!”

D6F7D615-34BB-422B-9A36-A880DC445DF7.jpegD6F7D615-34BB-422B-9A36-A880DC445DF7.jpeg
#5964 1 year ago

I imagine something like this snoopy canoe from cedar point at the end of the ramp. It’s perched atop a waterfall and tips back and forth like it’s about to go over the edge.

7670E0A1-292E-4F21-A681-D4D5C1AF482D (resized).jpeg7670E0A1-292E-4F21-A681-D4D5C1AF482D (resized).jpeg
#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

I want to know who is going to come up with a Polly figurine tied to the end of the tracks

Agreed we need a Polly sculpt for the tracks, the river and a hostage at the bank. Take my money!

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That set has nothing to do with cactus canyon. It’s Lucky Luke figurines. I see Jolly Jumper (horse), and a Dalton brother.
amazon.com link »

Options
https://www.firstlegionltd.com/60mmwildwest.aspx

#5992 1 year ago

Wanted posters are the way to go. Would be awesome if someone could shop the various barts onto them.

#6006 1 year ago
D7E12926-CE87-444D-8979-A203335A51E7 (resized).jpegD7E12926-CE87-444D-8979-A203335A51E7 (resized).jpeg
#6020 1 year ago
70DD3686-B796-4AE2-A915-104B4EFF7B7D (resized).jpeg70DD3686-B796-4AE2-A915-104B4EFF7B7D (resized).jpeg
#6047 1 year ago

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee - I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says...”

DDF557ED-FAD1-42B7-80F2-173FFF6BDC4F (resized).jpegDDF557ED-FAD1-42B7-80F2-173FFF6BDC4F (resized).jpeg
#6102 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Who’s running marketing at CGC. say sorry for the delay les on the line and take a pic of the machines on the line.

EB473ADB-16D1-40DB-B04D-5A303FDAC526 (resized).jpegEB473ADB-16D1-40DB-B04D-5A303FDAC526 (resized).jpeg
#6103 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

And don’t miss that last sentence... confidence level even from a major distributor is not high.

This concerns me. That’s why “Pics or it didn’t happen” is necessary.

6F785529-B72F-446F-B9ED-71CD4D5962B8 (resized).jpeg6F785529-B72F-446F-B9ED-71CD4D5962B8 (resized).jpeg
#6155 1 year ago

Dang Richard I just looked at the map to see if I could put together a crew to run you up a game. I didn’t realize how far north you are! Have you seen snow yet? Bit out of my range for a over the boarder haul.

1164B5F2-5A31-4BE7-8D15-1095577B676E (resized).jpeg1164B5F2-5A31-4BE7-8D15-1095577B676E (resized).jpeg
#6158 1 year ago

First HUO LE to take delivery owes everyone a beer!

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Richard waving hello ! [quoted image]

Now get back to shoveling a path for your game!

#6180 1 year ago

Oh pinside...

#6186 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry for my opinion. I’m not an artist, so no custom topper for me.

We all have our talents. Lol

C138CE94-1594-4358-A61B-DDF4DB50464F (resized).jpegC138CE94-1594-4358-A61B-DDF4DB50464F (resized).jpeg
#6189 1 year ago

Let it die. Find something more important to do. Moving on.

#6193 1 year ago

It’s pretty crazy not to get a little assembly line shot or teaser thrown out from CGC to show that things are happening.

#6207 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Polly want that train

The D-train! Whoo woooo.

#6210 1 year ago

Needs more rope. More hogtied, less spread eagle.

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

And a red ball gag

That’s too bdsm. Use a handkerchief. Google “tied to the tracks”

#6229 1 year ago

What about a flat plastic that folds down when the train approaches (and hits it) then returns vertical when the train reverses? Spring loaded maybe. Could even appear just behind the track and fold backwards out of the way rather than passing under the train.

#6272 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This wasn't a Drop ship..it was a DROP SHIT.

#6441 1 year ago

Wow. Just wow. All of you. Including OP

Thanks Ivanhoe. I agree.

#6446 1 year ago

OP: good FAQ, stupid winky face.

#6459 1 year ago

Could the topper delay be caused by more than parts such as code and intellectual property issues? The mini game is similar to the Champion Pub “spittoon” video mode or any game that uses a left/right function to score hits, etc.

#6529 1 year ago

No news is really BS no matter how it is sliced. Richard is a saint but I’m not. I’m happy to be patient too but that doesn’t change the fact that CGC really owes its customers an explanation. Sure you can say, cancel your order... that’s not the point. We want the product. Problem is, we’re being strung along. We’re not whiners, we just want to know when to expect progress. There’s an opportunity cost to my money. I have the funds. I want to know if it’s a better use spending it on something else. Really unbecoming of the OP to passive aggressively call out other pinsiders and hide behind a wink. It’s frustrating all around and while CGC may get extra flack back for whatever response they give at least my mother always told me “Honesty is the best policy.”

#6648 1 year ago

We’re getting close, I can feel it!

#6651 1 year ago

A boy can dream...

73115DED-F74F-4317-805B-52E56244B73D (resized).jpeg73115DED-F74F-4317-805B-52E56244B73D (resized).jpeg
#6675 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

many of the answers are lengthy. It takes half a day to get through that

“Find on page” option in your browser is your friend.

3CDEF5F9-9BB4-4D60-9298-FAA9EC6D50F2 (resized).jpeg3CDEF5F9-9BB4-4D60-9298-FAA9EC6D50F2 (resized).jpeg
#6698 1 year ago

Love the idea of reverse gold mine (cart spilling?) and having to hit targets to collect nuggets and refill it. Maybe a timed mode?

#6701 1 year ago

Also think some sort of campy “shooting gallery” mode would be fun. I love those big light gun arcade setups you see at Cedar Point, amusement parks, Cabela’s/Bass Pro, etc. where you shoot the tin can and it spins, the rocking chair moves, skunk runs away...

#6717 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

$400 from Chicago to Cleveland about 6 months ago

Chi to Cle? I’m in the wrong business. Anyone need a delivery? Has van, will travel!

#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Every Fen time I see the fire and 50 posts by this thread I get duped into hoping there is something meaningful - every time I am fen wrong - this time the kick is again the FAQ crap. I think I will wait until I see triple digit new posts with the fire before I check again....

1FFEE786-E23D-4ABE-9B01-216BAAC1F6C4 (resized).jpeg1FFEE786-E23D-4ABE-9B01-216BAAC1F6C4 (resized).jpeg
#6727 1 year ago

That pinflation is getting really outta hand...

A4AD7755-E4AA-44DA-82B3-3430A436EB9E (resized).jpegA4AD7755-E4AA-44DA-82B3-3430A436EB9E (resized).jpeg
#6736 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

You tell me the PO for the molex connectors on either end (cgc or pps will know), measure the total length of wire and I'd be more than happy to crimp some connectors.

Jeremy from Pinball Mayhem might have the schematics or could get the details? Maybe? Or LTG?

#6775 1 year ago

Waiting for jfh to spin this delay into a positive...

#6778 1 year ago

That escalated quickly.

CE862449-0EC7-4B1C-9D68-7D69FAE08438 (resized).jpegCE862449-0EC7-4B1C-9D68-7D69FAE08438 (resized).jpeg
#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

In the interim CGC will be subject to funny jokes and memes about this whole situation…its human nature to want to find a way to laugh at all this.

EC8787FA-3D9C-47EF-AEBB-328980E00775 (resized).jpegEC8787FA-3D9C-47EF-AEBB-328980E00775 (resized).jpeg
#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

it was Ryan’s call, he wanted it totally redesigned. Probably something instrumental and making the machine work 100% of the time

Quoted from PtownPin:

If the news of further delays is true then why are we hearing this second hand?

I’m preeeeeeetty sure..... lol
1BCB5AB1-1A51-4A1A-AAF8-3BEAA7AB11E8 (resized).jpeg1BCB5AB1-1A51-4A1A-AAF8-3BEAA7AB11E8 (resized).jpeg

#6939 1 year ago

The gift that keeps on givin’ the whole year

63C8BBA4-7C2C-4030-9113-F669A3A011AB (resized).jpeg63C8BBA4-7C2C-4030-9113-F669A3A011AB (resized).jpeg
#6947 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE!
[quoted image]
3...2...1... Thread blow up time!

Dudes, check his location... There was definitely invoice tampering involved! Lol. Your invoice for CCr LE is actually one for Ultraman.

#6948 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just received the tracking number for my CCR LE!

85060939-2986-4D34-A780-BD76A1C82CC1 (resized).jpeg85060939-2986-4D34-A780-BD76A1C82CC1 (resized).jpeg
#6950 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

LoL I honestly just have to figure out now how to explain to the wife how I just got a JP premium, Alien LE delivered a few months ago, just 2 weeks ago did a 12 hour road trip to buy back the Williams IJ that was one of my first full restorations, and now next week I have another pin showing up that she doesn't even know I pre-ordered. Actually I never even told her it was announced. My only saving grace will be that she really liked playing it at the PHOF.
Wish me luck!

Simple! It was a pinball tabulation error. Leave it to Maricopa. Lol.

#7027 1 year ago

DSD = Drop Ship to Distributor? Maybe a SN match thing?

#7030 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

the last WPC-9t game to have a physical knocker was Medieval Madness)

Doesn’t mean it’s right. I want a knock sound every time Bart’s gun goes BANG!

#7113 1 year ago

I want to see the full Monty!

#7142 1 year ago
86EBE29C-7E34-4003-A26F-08A60B297BF2 (resized).jpeg86EBE29C-7E34-4003-A26F-08A60B297BF2 (resized).jpeg
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Well mine has been on location all day and doesn’t have a single play… the other games have plenty haha not a good sign

Doesn’t mean its a bad game. It means people are sheep conditioned to like what they’ve been programmed to recognize.

#7167 1 year ago

Wait, there are still no additional pictures?! HFS.

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

...or letters.
Here's the Dymo labels for Black on Metallic:
amazon.com link »

This is almost cake topper sad. Definitely had imagined engraving given the level of detail everywhere else on the apron. I think I’ll go with something more like this. https://www.amazon.com/Caramel-Sweet-Life-Personalized-Stainless/dp/B078W6BH5G/ref=asc_df_B078W6BH5G

#7397 1 year ago

You guys are pretty obtuse. Moonraker isn’t in left field here. The games that recently shipped are production units not prototypes and we’ve been told Ryan made sure to rework whatever parts were LE specific to ensure quality and performance. Maybe video of the full end user topper play isn’t such a crazy request.

#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

there is no "fire" action. The player just moves the led light back and forth to the lit bad guy...

What it looks like to me as well. Very similar to Champion Pub “Spitting Gallery” video mode. I like your idea of auto left/right cursor movement bouncing back and forth at increasingly difficult speed with a “fire” button to try and time the bad guy shots.

#7477 1 year ago

Call JG Wentworth... 877-PINSNOW!

81CF2508-F5CD-434E-A2D1-9FF3029C2782 (resized).jpeg81CF2508-F5CD-434E-A2D1-9FF3029C2782 (resized).jpeg
#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It'll take 5 months for everyone to get their game. What's with the damn obsession of knowing the exact day/hour/minute the game is going to arrive???

7BF13F41-BAAF-44F8-B7F8-93D8EC01B0E4 (resized).jpeg7BF13F41-BAAF-44F8-B7F8-93D8EC01B0E4 (resized).jpeg
#7517 1 year ago

Dude.

#7549 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am running out of space again in the FAQ and am looking at removing/significantly reducing the “My game is here!” section.
It was written specifically for those for whom CCr is their first NIB game. Most info is in the manual, the setup sheets or old hat to those who have done it before. For those getting their first new game - was it useful enough to keep?[quoted image]

This will be my first NIB so I would appreciate keeping the pertinent info in.

#7572 1 year ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

Received November 28. Build date November 16. Cannot say enough kind words about Sara with Planetary Pinball. Thank you! No sound issues, no leg issues, game plays perfect out of box. Well worth the wait.

Amazing pictures of the process! Gorgeous game room. What is that 3D gunfight picture hanging on the wall?

#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

...there are so many willing to assume the worst when there are not enough facts to support a particular conclusion... But “not currently shipping games to PPS” <> “not shipping games”.

Track record... ‘Nuff said.

F3BE4028-19FF-4C3E-81F0-85F0D2F73182 (resized).jpegF3BE4028-19FF-4C3E-81F0-85F0D2F73182 (resized).jpeg
#7722 1 year ago

All I wanna know is...

#7726 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

E7085236-9896-4E3D-B1E3-FE2814E701D0 (resized).jpegE7085236-9896-4E3D-B1E3-FE2814E701D0 (resized).jpeg
#7738 1 year ago

For jfh

71E9B347-A2E5-4ED8-A34A-DA186FA8644D (resized).jpeg71E9B347-A2E5-4ED8-A34A-DA186FA8644D (resized).jpeg
#7741 1 year ago

I wish Ryan would give us real answers.

CF1DDF30-340B-41B0-B895-453293175563 (resized).jpegCF1DDF30-340B-41B0-B895-453293175563 (resized).jpeg
#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

This thread has convinced me that maybe this wasn’t sound advice.

Why? Because people who want to participate genuinely in this thread can’t since they don’t have their game? I’d love to be an owner in the owner forums. Right now that’s on CGC, not pinside or us here.

#7819 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sometimes during the gunfight the drop target will go down before I flip the ball at it. Easy adjustment on this somewhere?
Edit: Shoot....I didn't check the FAQ...I hope I didn't just get myself in trouble and will be banned from the thread.

Judged... lol

#7897 1 year ago
F846ECDD-6B2D-4827-803E-DEB17540284A (resized).jpegF846ECDD-6B2D-4827-803E-DEB17540284A (resized).jpeg
#7964 1 year ago

Somewhere in this thread I thought it was mentioned that it’s an LE specific part. In that case it’s train tracks, mine cart, side art, leg standoffs/powder coated legs, wooden apron etc. I seem to recall that someone said it didn’t have anything to do with the topper, but idk?

#8036 1 year ago
5D71044E-1842-41F0-9E6C-3B19C71EF759 (resized).jpeg5D71044E-1842-41F0-9E6C-3B19C71EF759 (resized).jpeg
#8087 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Someone asked to the see the LE plate with the two guns. PM me if any questions. Thanks.[quoted image]

Rough mock-up

0D12B4D9-A5B5-4AD8-AEB0-861E593E300C (resized).jpeg0D12B4D9-A5B5-4AD8-AEB0-861E593E300C (resized).jpeg
#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Doug???
DOUG!!!!!
Has anyone seen Doug, I see it has been quite some time since he has posted.
Doug????
Have you been to the production line lately???
Hey when you guys see Doug will you please tell him some degenerates on pinside want to speak with him.
I want to order a pulp fiction, and I want to get in before prices increase next year.
Thanks in advance

Oh Doug... Hope he hasn’t been murdered by some crystal meth tweakers, bc then we’d be shit outta luck. Lol.

#8096 1 year ago

Sheesh you guys are sensitive. I don’t even know Doug. Just made a pop culture reference to the Hangover crew looking for their best friend Doug. Don’t take yourselves so seriously. Maybe you meant to downvote the OP I quoted. IDK. Have a nice day.

#8118 1 year ago
DFC02E8E-EA84-49AE-A2A7-E332DF21BC72 (resized).jpegDFC02E8E-EA84-49AE-A2A7-E332DF21BC72 (resized).jpeg
#8120 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Like I said many moons ago, we won’t see any LE’s until 2023 because Ryan having a part reworked.

Lol. Just being lighthearted here...

8E478758-9ADD-46BF-8491-405892EF29E5.gif8E478758-9ADD-46BF-8491-405892EF29E5.gif
#8136 1 year ago

Frankly, with the small shipment of LE’s and second hand rumor of parts being reworked it’s past time for Ryan to make an official CGC statement on the status of their production/timeline. If distributors don’t have answers the responsibility is on CGC to communicate to their clients. No amount of patronizing from JFH will change my mind either. It’s unequivocally necessary to set the record straight and treat us customers with some respect. I get that some (myself included) have shown impatience, but at this point I think we’re well within our right to know what’s happening (from the horse’s mouth). As other’s have mentioned, when communicating about sales and marketing CGC shows up... but when there are problems they go radio silent. *Don’t go there JFH with “that was their choice to provide no answers since they’ll be met with negativity on pinside and have nothing to gain by it.” They will have people’s appreciation, confidence, trust, and most importantly respect for being honest and straightforward. Will some get upset? Sure, but some are already upset for other reasons and clarity would resolve those. Honesty IS the best policy and if we are about to be owners of this product, I for one would like to know what is going on with it (parts and production wise). It’s not hard. Figure it out.

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Or else… what?

It’s not “or else” anything. Too much in this world is based on rules and consequences. They all come with a price. Doing the right thing costs nothing.

#8152 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. You still have that same opportunity until you’ve paid for the game. I’ve been doing exactly that thinking about Bond. At worst, waiting ties up deposit money and that’s debatable.

If we had a proper timeline of say 6 months out and I could set my watch to that (instead of a sliding scale of wait times and delays) I could grab the BK2K or OKT I’d like to park in the basement for awhile and give those a go until CCr is ready. Could I do that anyway? Yes, but sure would be more convenient to know the timeframe so I can plan on selling them in advance of final invoice. Don’t give me the BS about free cash flow JFH, I have money for all of the above and daily expenses. I only have space for so many pins. So opportunity cost is the enjoyment of another title until CCr is ready. Murphy’s law says as soon as I pull the trigger on one, my LE will be ready... so maybe I should, lol.

#8172 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Sorry I mistakenly thought this was the CCr owners thread where folks come together to exchange knowledge about the game, fixes, tips, pics (and sometimes a little frustration).

They have. What else would you like to know that hasn’t already been said? When the rest of us get our game the discussion will increase exponentially. I can’t help you with the pin I don’t have...

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Once games start pumping out again it will turn around. Go back in the thread a few weeks and see how positive it was when those first 50 games where shipping. Then when they stopped people got antsy, which is understandable.

Correct.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I laugh at all the posts, good and bad.

Indeed. Doesn’t need to be taken or directed so personally. All of my comments/memes are directed at CGC. This is pinball, don’t take it so seriously. The only ones with skin in the game are the buyer’s and the seller’s. The rest shouldn’t get so involved or worked up. If you don’t like what’s being said nobody is forcing you to be here or simply scan the posts and move on. Why let it affect you so much?

#8177 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Shut her down ... Best result for all !

Venkman: “Shut that thing down and we are not going to be held responsible for whatever happens. Don’t shut it off, I’m warning you...”
Peck: “I’m not interested in your opinion, just shut it off!”

LOL so perfect.

#8200 1 year ago
05573C02-F404-46FB-8255-3E7452015416 (resized).jpeg05573C02-F404-46FB-8255-3E7452015416 (resized).jpeg
#8223 1 year ago

I feel like I have made my point without being negative. Happy to help however I can going forward. CGC knows where they stand in customers’ minds. Great games, poor communication, long undefined lead times. I promise not to beat the dead horse anymore. I appreciate the team taking their time to get it right and understand delaying delivery isn’t in their financial interest. Therefore, they’re not doing it to spite us; It may actually be to our benefit! However, it would go a long way towards tempering emotions to offer some transparency. Nobody here understands or can explain why games started shipping then stopped. Only CGC can. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to know why or be told how long before operations resume. And if they’re reworking a part to “get it right” for customers, that would be something for their PR team to celebrate, not hide. Thanks jfh for maintaining this thread. I don’t always agree with what you say or how you say it but here we are and that’s enough. Ultimately we’re all owners with the same desire. Can’t wait to participate here from the other side! Merry Christmas everyone.

#8254 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't be surprised if CGC raised the $

Those 30-40 LE’s that snuck out didn’t pay more.
_
“Remember how I was toying with the notion of...” raising CCr LE prices mid run?
“Of all the cheap lousy ways to save a buck”

62785D17-C3F2-4C27-98E6-E3AD21A9484E.gif62785D17-C3F2-4C27-98E6-E3AD21A9484E.gif
#8290 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

and a couple more trying to shade CGC.

My guy, you’re better than this. What you said stirs the pot and perpetuates negativity. Literally nobody is shading CGC.

#8293 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You must have been reading a different thread the last few days.
That said, I’ve removed my opinion from the post.

I had been, lol. Your new production based one. Yikes! Anyway, yes good to separate facts and feelings. I thought you were referring to transprtr4u saying “They don't communicate at all, not surprising if they did (raise prices) and we find out after fact”.
-
On a brighter note. Hooray for brown boxes!

#8295 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Yep must be my buddy here in NY got the call today for final deposit
Whoooot !!

Quoted from Medic:

A buddy around here also got a call. At least two are out

C12C60B0-6B57-4012-AC22-437DC885BF93 (resized).jpegC12C60B0-6B57-4012-AC22-437DC885BF93 (resized).jpeg
#8322 1 year ago

Regarding the p-touch number sticker. I don’t like it either and will be replacing it with an engraved plate. However, someone said there is a screw of some kind for the apron under there and I wonder if making it a replaceable label was intentional to hide/access the screw. Maybe I’m wrong but idk.

#8323 1 year ago

Do Bart’s arms look shorter to anyone? The gun barrels of his revolver are flat as well. I seem to remember other barrels (prototypes?) being shaved down on an angle and the clearance being much smaller between the gun and his holsters. Anyone?

See this variant:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/145#post-7252878

#8334 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can’t wait to see the Gun Metal powder coating in person. I’ll bet it looks even better in person.

Is that color powder coat only on the rails and lockdown bar, or are the legs gunmetal also?

#8353 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The name “Gun Metal Gray” is just what Doug decided to call it. Here is his quote that is the source of the FAQ entry:
“The trim on the LE is a matt translucent black powder coat with an opacity of 80% applied over the bare metal. Because it is a translucent, the underlying metal affects the perceived color of the part and gives the finish some depth as a very small amount of the metal’s texture is visible. It looks and feels more like metal than the typical powder coat we are accustomed to seeing. It reads a little bronzy in pictures but it appears dark gray in person. I guess we’ll call it Gun Metal Gray.”
If anyone finds out what the base black product is LMK and I’ll add it to the FAQ.

Can’t wait to see how it looks in person. Another option for coloring consistent with the theme would be gun bluing. I’d definitely try it if I had an SE.

851A9A91-FFE1-4117-9578-992D01E9D7D6 (resized).jpeg851A9A91-FFE1-4117-9578-992D01E9D7D6 (resized).jpeg166F69A3-99E2-4D14-8E4A-9C4B55F642AE (resized).jpeg166F69A3-99E2-4D14-8E4A-9C4B55F642AE (resized).jpegA34C8C0E-ED18-4886-9950-B0AF7A1F156B (resized).jpegA34C8C0E-ED18-4886-9950-B0AF7A1F156B (resized).jpeg
#8458 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I don't and I wouldn't expect an LE to have the issue with the rails are powder coated. Which should have the pieces prepped for the painting.

9BBF6C79-1141-4C9E-9746-1D1DABB5E7F4 (resized).jpeg9BBF6C79-1141-4C9E-9746-1D1DABB5E7F4 (resized).jpeg
#8498 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

See the FAQ under Modifications

Quoted from indypinhead:

I looked at the FAQ....I didn't see a listing for modifications

Quoted from jfh:

The FAQ is in the first and second posts. Modifications is at the bottom of the second post.

We need a FAQ for the FAQ’s... lol

#8606 1 year ago

How is this even a problem? If FedEx is going to make the process more difficult bc of “concealed damage” then i’ll reveal that shit to them in front of their face. It’s their problem, not mine. I didn’t ship it, they did. I’m just attempting to receive unmolested goods. They should be required to prove to me that they shipped it responsibly. If they inflicted damage on a product they said they could deliver in one piece then their insurance is what needs to cover their loss. I’m not wasting time and money on a problem I didn’t cause.

#8613 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Anyone else getting ball hop when the inlanes feed the flippers? On older games, you could adjust the ball guides up a bit so the flipper is in-line or slightly lower than the lane guide. Since these are metal rails in holes in the playfield, not sure how this would be adjusted. I searched the FAQ, but didn't see anything related to this.

Swap to low profile titan flipper rubbers?

#8654 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is the time still correct between power off and the next power on?

Quoted from Pinbalz:

I turned it off at 1219 eastern and waited about 10 minutes. Turned it back on and it still says 12:19 and starts keeping time from there.

#8709 1 year ago

Just picked up 107[quoted image]

If you chose that number, I applaud you fren.

#8711 1 year ago

At 4 a week which is generous.
-
1250 / 4 = 312.5
-
312.5 / 52 weeks = 6 years
-
Hate me or love me. Just keepin’ it real.

#8831 1 year ago

Found out yesterday that I’m last on my distro’s list (GRG). Guessing I’ll be in the 1000+ SN club around March or April. While sad, at least I know not to hold my breath. Maybe i’ll track down that BK2K I have eyes on in the meantime...

#8835 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

How long is their list?

Well the list is long, but distinguished...
-
Someone here mentioned 50. If they just got a batch of 10 and now CGC will cycle between other distributors before coming back to GRG I would imagine it will be awhile. My contact said March/April to complete the run.

#8845 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As of last night my very large reputable distributor said its probably another 6 months to get through all their customers, which sounds realistic (but u never know with CGC)

I agree.

#8858 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

people reported distorted, poor sound when volume was turned up to a reasonable to hear level like 7 months ago. People also reported inconsistency between different CCr remakes in terms of volume control. People who knew a thing or two about audio also posited some technical faults that could cause such a thing
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tq=Volume&tu=

I still maintain something with the preamp. Meanwhile changing the balance of the speakers was a decent suggestion to tweak the sound. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/108#post-7139934

5D7A056E-1F0A-4C26-8C0A-F37B85933EDA (resized).jpeg5D7A056E-1F0A-4C26-8C0A-F37B85933EDA (resized).jpegD77E7149-1F9B-4170-AF69-937041B5B7AC (resized).jpegD77E7149-1F9B-4170-AF69-937041B5B7AC (resized).jpeg
#8932 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm officially in the club with LE #113. Which was built on January 2nd, 2023.
It's been a pretty painless new game so far. I've only had a few games on it so far. The topper seems to be missing on of the plastic led shields and a few screws and the beer target needs to be looked at as it's not registering a lot of hard hits and the beer mug doesn't really jump. I also didn't particularly like the print quality of the translate. Characters looked pretty pixelated, but I had planned on changing it out for Brian's artwork anyway as I think it matches the game better.
All in all, very minor stuff. This is my first CGC game and I'm liking it so far. I do have to get used to the flipper feel a bit more as they feel a little foreign to me.
[quoted image]

Shelti or tornado foosball table?

#9152 1 year ago

Is anyone still working on a Polly tied to the tracks sculpt or mod? Thanks.

#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Back Alley is making a Polly mod that will come out right before TPF. Back Alley did the sculpts in the game so the Polly will look OEM. It will be Polly tied to a log themed after the graphics on the left ramp. It will attach to that left ramp.

That’s great! Thanks for the info.

#9215 1 year ago

Eight guys who all “chose to go a different direction” right now in the market. Meanwhile people who want to play their game and not flip for profit wait https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=2979&query=Cactus+Canyon+%28Remake+-+LE%29

#9223 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Better yet, Come on down for MGC in Wisconsin. I'll buy you a beer and we can play a couple dollar games on the CGC demo games.

On that subject, should I go to MGC or TPF this year? I was at MGC maybe 7 years ago but wasn’t deep into pinball at the time. I went for retro gaming and arcades with some tabletop and pinball on the side. The free play pins are great but I can attend local events for that. I’m more interested in bumping into industry people and playing games that manufacturers and their reps bring. Maybe announcements and seminars? Thanks in advance and don’t intend to derail this thread.

#9257 1 year ago
764B9510-4CAC-4515-AA08-CBC46B56993B (resized).jpeg764B9510-4CAC-4515-AA08-CBC46B56993B (resized).jpeg
#9258 1 year ago
3C8ABE04-F391-40B2-840F-A7AB73CE803C (resized).jpeg3C8ABE04-F391-40B2-840F-A7AB73CE803C (resized).jpeg
#9259 1 year ago
35818DF2-E053-4177-AD51-7F99CCE861B1 (resized).jpeg35818DF2-E053-4177-AD51-7F99CCE861B1 (resized).jpeg
#9271 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Do you have an example of someone being attacked on here for posting the details of the arrival of their game?

I would imagine they are people who have received a priority game as a thank you for some other favor they did for CGC. Zach at flipnout allowed his LE to be used at a show in exchange for getting it sooner. Idk. Just speculating.

#9273 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like CGC got out about 5 LE's this week....was hoping they would double their capacity ....fingers crossed they can do it next week

69A20603-14CB-40FC-BB47-32B824FC6951 (resized).jpeg69A20603-14CB-40FC-BB47-32B824FC6951 (resized).jpeg
#9312 1 year ago

Any recommendations on whether to set the dial on the back of the subwoofer or in-game menu for "subwoofer level"? ie) Keep in-menu level to "0" and set physical volume dial on sub?
Also curious on settings for "Low Pass" knob and Auto On/off switch, and Phase 0/180.  Here's a pic of the back of the sub. Thanks![quoted image]

Never used one with pinball but from my audio experience I can venture a guess and get you started. Keep in menu sub level at 0 and set physical sub volume at 50% (half). See how much volume that provides and if you’re not getting enough bass from the sub mix, then set the in menu level higher until you like it. If you max out in menu volume and still need more, then adjust psw10 volume knob up. Your low pass should be set to 80 (definitely not more than 100). That will send the mid range and high notes through the game speakers and only play the bass notes through the sub. This will improve your sound clarity. The higher Hz you send to the sub, the more into the music and vocal range you’re asking that speaker to reproduce. You want it focused on bass and sub bass only (so 80). Auto/On vs Off is up to you and how well the PSW10 detects signal. For Auto/On the sub should wake up from it’s low power sleep when you turn on the Pin, but not until the sub detects an audio signal (so the pin would have to generate a sound for the sub to then trigger its internal amp and start to play). So there could be a small delay in sound while this happens. Off is off, and you would need to click the toggle switch every time you want to fire it up. Not bad if your pin sits idle most of the time. Phase is not necessary to adjust and can be left at 0°. Unless you had two subs and they somehow started creating standing waves and interfered with each other’s sound. Then you would switch one of them to 180°. Hope this helps.

#9315 1 year ago

Is it an LE issue? My SE is plenty loud at 9 or 10.

Quoted from jfh:

No. The initial reports were on SEs.

Seems like a few inconsistent audio chipsets are making their way into the production line. There must be variances in the output voltage from chip to chip on some of these boards. I’m wondering if CGC is using multiple vendors for this part and some people get one style and some a different one? Otherwise it could be poor quality control/testing at the factory making the chip and some that are out of spec have been slipping through.

#9316 1 year ago

Excellent. Thank you! As of now, the physical sub knob at about 30% and in-menu sub balance at 0 is plenty loud with overall game volume at 9. With game off, if sub vol goes above about 60%, the sub will make a feedback hum that gets loud and unbearable fast. I wonder if this means the “auto” feature won’t work as you describe? OR now thinking about it…wonder if I had my phone in my pocket and got too close. I’ve seen that issue with guitar amps. Hmm.

Sounds like a ground loop. You may need one of these (or something like it). Also make sure you have the sub plugged into the same grounded wall outlet as the pin. That could help. https://www.amazon.com/Isolator-BOSS-Audio-B25N-Systems/dp/B000LP4RMG/ref=mp_s_a_1_14

#9324 1 year ago

Interesting. Sub is on a different outlet. I’ll swap. Thanks!

Also check out the video from this product. This may be a better choice if you try an isolator out. https://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-Sound-GLI-200-Kleaner-Isolator/dp/B07Z5SKRMR/ref=mp_s_a_1_11_sspa The designer recommends limiting the length of your RCA cables between the pin and your sub (buy shorter ones if you have too much extra slack). He also mentions upgrading the wires from the cheaper kind to better shielded ones. The RCA cables act as a receiver of the 60hz EMF coming from our home’s power supply.

#9325 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am unable to locate CCr electronic schematics at this time, anyone able to help here?

LTG Do you have access to these for the CCr audio board? TY.

#9336 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Got an email from Automated... I do not know where I stand on their list.

Quoted from jfh:

Did they tell you how many they are waiting for?

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

They did not but I did not ask.

0CDB9831-8166-4522-A051-20FDE1E00FA8 (resized).jpeg0CDB9831-8166-4522-A051-20FDE1E00FA8 (resized).jpeg
#9344 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I haven’t had this problem on my game so I’m rather convinced there is something wrong in a batch of games. I keep mine at 6, which is plenty enough volume for me. There is an obvious volume change when I turn it up, 20 or 30 would be way too loud.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Maybe we could temporarily swap sound boards and see if the issue goes away on mine and starts on yours.

You guys are only 34 minutes away from each other. A meet up would be fantastic!

#9351 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

5 games a BATCH is not the same as 5 games a WEEK.
initial batches were 4-5 per distributor (except PPS first batch). Recent batches have been around 10 for the larger distributors. And yes - many haven’t received their first batch yet.

Even at 30 games a week it would take 9 months to complete.

#9364 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Admittedly I’m very much a pinball novice but I can’t even come close to these kinds of numbers. I’m averaging about 15 mil and the best I ever got is 50 mil.

Flipper control. Cradle the ball on a flipper and pick your shots. Try not to smack the ball on the fly. Be precise not random. Try to control the ball versus react to it. Learn the rules and figure out the areas to increase multipliers and jackpots. Practice and have fun. It’ll come.

#9371 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Instead let’s celebrate new deliveries and discuss issues and topics relevant to the game itself.

Ok. Last one for awhile. I kid for LOL’s. It’s how I handle frustration and my impatience. I’m actually quite happy.

A24B276B-1973-464F-A0DC-86EF464B8301 (resized).jpegA24B276B-1973-464F-A0DC-86EF464B8301 (resized).jpeg
#9375 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope we see more of these:
[quoted image]

Now you’re getting it jfh!

#9417 1 year ago

Time for some memes?

E74184DA-474B-4F77-B440-7B9C642ECAAE (resized).jpegE74184DA-474B-4F77-B440-7B9C642ECAAE (resized).jpegE9C4FA99-7B68-4E0C-BA85-B77CF3937DD1 (resized).jpegE9C4FA99-7B68-4E0C-BA85-B77CF3937DD1 (resized).jpeg
#9432 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

My shaker motor makes an annoying squeaking sound. Anyone else experience this on any of the remakes? I tried spraying a bit of silicon lubricant on the shaft, but it didn't last many games before the squeak returned.

Recently discussed in the 007 Bond Owners Thread. Seems like Stern shakers are notorious for this but ones from Pinball Life are better. CGC should’ve been exempt from this unless it’s another vendor change... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/20#post-7327495

#9442 1 year ago

The way to be successful and build confidence in a brand is to under promise and over deliver. Not promise, go awol, shill, ghost, then gaslight. The only saving grace is the build quality and the price. If either of those change during this long wait many would jump ship. CGC has banked some serious good will from previous pins so that’s what they’re riding on here. That, and they have a product people want so our only choice is to wait. Just sad to see them bank so hard on that and not bring their customers along for the ride. We’re their market but only good enough to market to... Not inform or instruct. Downvote me or not, but those are my feelings and observations.

#9444 1 year ago

Crap if I knew this is how it was going to go I would’ve bought an SE. No amount of delay, deceit, or drama is worth a numbered plaque (p-touch label), some powdercoat, and a topper. I just want to play the game. And you’ll say, “then maybe that’s what you should’ve done”. However, then I’d be like all the rest who got crimped legs, low profile standoffs, wrinkled decals, and no answers as to why. Meanwhile watching the product change midstream for those who waited. It’s a no win situation. The ones in control of everything is CGC and they’ve been radio silent. LOL

F144C5CA-4173-4BB7-AF52-D65E2DB1BB59 (resized).jpegF144C5CA-4173-4BB7-AF52-D65E2DB1BB59 (resized).jpeg
#9458 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have been communicating with Pinster5000 as both of us live in Colorado and both of us have SE’s. I think I have sound issues and he claims his game sounds great. Anyway, he is willing to bring his board and swap it with mine to see if the sound issue goes away. There are only 2 boards in the backbox, and the one on the left side, connector J6, says speakers so I’m pretty sure this is the board we need to check/test. LTG could you please confirm this is the correct board? I am curious to see if this helps my game and if so do you think CGC will honor this and replace my board? Like I said, I asked in my support ticket for CGC to send me a replacement board and got crickets. We shall see soon. Ha ha ha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

LTG will confirm but I’m preeeety sure this is where the magic happens.

FC899D5A-C140-4B70-B107-BF19036AF2D6 (resized).jpegFC899D5A-C140-4B70-B107-BF19036AF2D6 (resized).jpeg
#9473 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Not to be a super nerd or something, but the chip labeled DAC in the photo, if I'm reading it correctly, is the TAS5760M. Which is a 55-W stereo, 114-W mono, 4.5- to 26.4-V supply, digital input Class-D audio amplifier. And is just as good a place as any to start to look for the source of the audio issues some are having.

I agree. “FWIW the TAS5760M chip pictured below is a Texas Instruments Class D amplifier with on board digital volume control and digital to analog converter.”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/108#post-7139934

B50A30F4-7E76-4237-8359-23A2A52773AC (resized).jpegB50A30F4-7E76-4237-8359-23A2A52773AC (resized).jpeg

#9527 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Always has been.
The only people that know work for CGC. All that individual distributors know, even the biggest ones, is what they are getting in any individual batch.

No, no jfh ... Like this!

603AF8BD-C612-49E3-B813-DDD716745A8E (resized).jpeg603AF8BD-C612-49E3-B813-DDD716745A8E (resized).jpeg
#9529 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

At least his enroute ... for the rest of waiting !
[quoted image]

3810AA88-AA1D-4DA1-BB01-871E89F2ACF1 (resized).jpeg3810AA88-AA1D-4DA1-BB01-871E89F2ACF1 (resized).jpeg
#9552 1 year ago

It got awfully quiet in here. LOL

145CA4A4-0920-4FA3-BEEE-1DC9409F22B8 (resized).jpeg145CA4A4-0920-4FA3-BEEE-1DC9409F22B8 (resized).jpeg
#9578 1 year ago

Playing around with ideas that could become “Saloon Doors”. There isn’t a spinner in this game and to me that’s a big miss. It would be a pretty simple addition though.

E408B5CB-2F17-4E6D-AF45-EFAD9C487153 (resized).jpegE408B5CB-2F17-4E6D-AF45-EFAD9C487153 (resized).jpeg
#9582 1 year ago

How about something “swords of rage” style? Not sure it would fit.

E90ED920-241D-44E6-BE06-35F51978EEE2 (resized).jpegE90ED920-241D-44E6-BE06-35F51978EEE2 (resized).jpeg
#9584 1 year ago

More practical.

CFB2465C-F454-422A-9872-D5B0F25ED502 (resized).jpegCFB2465C-F454-422A-9872-D5B0F25ED502 (resized).jpegFA5FEB4C-7CDA-4E4C-9B53-0B9378883275 (resized).jpegFA5FEB4C-7CDA-4E4C-9B53-0B9378883275 (resized).jpeg
#9585 1 year ago

Last one. Most ideal and realistic. Swinging doors on hinges. Spring shut to closed position.

F7750C41-0209-4698-9DB7-5686A74A8F17 (resized).jpegF7750C41-0209-4698-9DB7-5686A74A8F17 (resized).jpeg
#9588 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Nice. Buliding on your image, here is my guess. (Two vertical spinners). With a spring or something to return them to closed position after each pass.
[quoted image]

What happens on a direct strike of the center of either spinner in line with the wire? Couldn’t that damage the vertical post? I like your idea and played around with ways to make it work. But my concern is avoiding head on hits of the support system.

#9591 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I stopped by lethal inc’s house to try and swap boards to see if it made a difference on the sound. It did not, sounded the same with both boards. He has his game next to a afmr and there is a very noticeable difference in sound power that cactus clearly doesn’t get too. Cactus doesn’t sound bad, but if you compare it to another remake, you may be disappointed.
Thanks again lethal for letting me come over to check out your very nice games, now I just wish I had more time with them!

You guys rock for doing this! If the board didn’t improve sound quality/volume then the issue could be upstream (doubtful), downstream (possible), or just different than AFMr and not a defect (likely). If you haven’t done so yet Lethal, I would trace your speaker leads to make sure the polarity is correct and nothing is running out of phase or hooked up wrong.

#9597 1 year ago

As @Balderdash suggested, polarity on the backbox speakers can affect sound more than you'd suspect. Especially with them sharing a common space behind the speaker panel. The easiest way to check that would just be to swap positive and negative on 1 speaker and fire the game up. See if it sounds better or worse.

Wires are color coded. Can compare orientation between someone else’s if they can send pictures of their +/- speaker terminals compared to the molex connector on their board. I don’t know from looking at the molex connector which is +/-. The orange and black wires appear to go to the woofer in the cabinet. And the grey ones to another quick connect before going to speaker panel. I don’t have the game so I can’t be more specific. I grabbed these pictures from our thread. That quick connect could easily be the culprit for reversed wires or even not being seated properly. I would start there.

CA1DFCA5-CED4-455E-8E80-BB3A2572667C (resized).jpegCA1DFCA5-CED4-455E-8E80-BB3A2572667C (resized).jpegBEA35407-A527-4631-AE4F-9EB5DF6A6FD4 (resized).jpegBEA35407-A527-4631-AE4F-9EB5DF6A6FD4 (resized).jpegA7B0C294-211B-4C39-BB8C-C7BD404FB447 (resized).jpegA7B0C294-211B-4C39-BB8C-C7BD404FB447 (resized).jpegA6087C44-5E7F-415C-A223-5BA87AA6FF9D (resized).pngA6087C44-5E7F-415C-A223-5BA87AA6FF9D (resized).png
#9599 1 year ago

As @Balderdash suggested, polarity on the backbox speakers can affect sound more than you'd suspect. Especially with them sharing a common space behind the speaker panel. The easiest way to check that would just be to swap positive and negative on 1 speaker and fire the game up. See if it sounds better or worse.

There’s an old 9v battery trick as well. Touch +/- speaker wire leads to the +/- terminal of the battery. Speaker should fire outwards. Reverse the wires on the battery to the -/+ and speaker should pull inwards. If any variance from left to right speaker you know there’s an issue.

#9601 1 year ago

Correct, but just swapping the wires on either 1 of the panel speakers then listening should tell you what you need to know.

Didn’t know if CGC solders them on or not.

#9606 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would explain the design change Ryan had mentioned regarding the volume levels on CCr, right? And why it’s not a bug?

But not the variance from a few owners that have significantly lower gain than most. Seems that most enjoy levels at 8-15. Anyone needing to go 15-20+ while hearing nothing at 8 is out of spec (so it seems). Some say 20 would be way too loud and others say it’s necessary to even hear. There’s also a fast drop off in sound quality beyond 20. Some have reported that details muddy and distortion occurs if they try to reach the volume they desire.

#9607 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so this is a non-issue for games being delivered now ?
or are owners getting games still having volume issues ?

No recent reports that I’ve heard of.

#9611 1 year ago

Reminds me of the crate on Scared Stiff. I wonder if the doors will be "locked" and you'll need to hit them once or twice to open them. Maybe the first two hits to the doors, then they open up for the final kill to the Bart brother.

Similar to the drawbridge and gate on MM.

#9612 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Yes, exactly...I might venture to speculate that someone putting the boards in the game or putting the jumper on the headers simply placed them 'wrong' on a few games?
Another possible cause could be a low PVDD supply, @ 12 V the total harmonic distortion + noise goes up very quickly at around 10 W of output power, but with PDVV @ 24 V the jump in THD+N doesn't happen until 30 W. PVDD are pins 21 ,28 on the chip. Simple DMM check of the voltage could shed some light on that potential cause.

Agree. But if you’re talking about the TI chip, it doesn’t explain why Pinster5000’s board didn’t solve the problem when they swapped it into lethal_inc’s machine.

#9616 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

...if the chip is set to software control mode then there is very little that can be done to boost the volume at a given set point besides installing new firmware. But, since some data suggests that there is some variation between CCr games (is this true?) that the most likely cause would be running the chip in hardware control mode with different gain settings for some games. It seems less likely that the software would be different. ...Or it could be a totally different issue.

The only thing that caught my attention from the chips’s data page was (from post 5368),
There is also an interesting pin that handles speaker faults and reads: “Speaker amplifier fault terminal, which is pulled LOW when an internal fault occurs”. Not sure if that has anything to do with amplifier reducing its voltage and requiring a higher volume number.
So maybe something from upstream is feeding a low voltage signal to the board with the audio circuits on it or somehow this TI chip is detecting what they call an “internal fault” in the “speaker amplifier fault terminal” caused by something we haven’t uncovered elsewhere in the cabinet (and that’s why Pinster5000’s “working board” had the same weak volume scenario when placed in lethal_inc’s backbox. BC his chip detected the same “internal fault” and switched LOW). Idk, I eat crayons but it’s the best we got until CGC engineers get involved.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/108#post-7139934

#9643 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm probably next on their list

To be screwed? J/K

#9669 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

I received #0158 CCrLE on Thursday, January 26th, 2023. The “born on” date was January 12th, 2023. This is my first “New In Box” machine. Once I receive the Mezel Mods upgrades, I’m going to photograph the game from the ball’s perspective and make prints available for purchase. I love photographing pinball machines! There is something about capturing the architecture of the playfield and the allure of playing. To see other pinball photos, https://www.kevin.tiell.com/the-game-reflected.
The story I grew up with, is that my grandfather gambled on pinball. Researching how it was possible led me to create these unique images. I am excited to see what I can do with this Cactus Canyon remake LE!
[quoted image]

Nice pictures! I wasn’t sure what to expect before clicking on “inflatable friends” but glad I did. Your other work is great too! My boys wear See Kai Run shoes. Can’t wait to see your CCr photos.

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Non just texted now to pay because coming in today or tomorrow to ship.

Did you get your SN# yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
452 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ballderdash. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.