(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,450 posts
  • 758 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 309.
#13801 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I can't fit a pinball machine in the back of an escalade with the head down.

you can fit a NIB in the newer 2021+ Escalade. I have a few and was also surprised a pin didnt fit in my older ones.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13802 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

My lockdown bar is very tight to get back on , so I'm assuming just loosen the screws a bit?

Yep! take it slow and observe how much you back them off. Also use a screwdriver that fits the screw. Too small of a blade and you could damage the screw.

#13803 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

My lockdown bar is very tight to get back on , so I'm assuming just loosen the screws a bit?

Correct, try half a turn at a time.

#13804 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You are thinking of the early Williams style lockdown bars. These were slightly more rounded. This tool was replaced in the 90s for the one that is in use today. The lockdown bar that is on my CE is period correct.
--Scott

No, certainly not early Williams. My MBr-SE sits next to my WH20 and the lockdown bars are clearly different.
I believe there was a change made "somewhere" from part# D-12615 to part# A-18240.
Marco refers to them as the same part (and I do believe that they are interchangeable), but they definitely have a different look and feel.

What I don't know is when this part number changed and if it was changed only for the remakes or if Williams made the change before that.
The part listed for the original Monster Bash (and originals AFM, CC, and MM) shows D-12615 as its part#, so I don't know where the "new" A-18240 was first used.

#13805 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Clockwise tightens counterclockwise loosens. Just a little then try it. So you get it the way you like.

LTG : )

#13806 7 months ago

Cactus Canyon SE+ 2494 with a build date of 6/26/23 delivered today! Finally!! Since October of 2021. What a long wait. Unboxing now.

IMG_4674 (resized).jpegIMG_4674 (resized).jpeg
#13807 7 months ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

There's not too many connectors. I broke one of the retaining locks on 1 connector but haven't had any issues with it.
Here's the video where I take the head off of mine (required for getting it into my basement). The part you want is 6:16 into the video.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

That's fantastic! I ended up renting a car but the process looks fairly simple... take lots of photos would be my key. Thanks for sharing.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

you can fit a NIB in the newer 2021+ Escalade. I have a few and was also surprised a pin didnt fit in my older ones.[quoted image]

Terrible storage design on the older models.

#13808 7 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

you can fit a NIB in the newer 2021+ Escalade. I have a few and was also surprised a pin didn't fit in my older ones.

those who drive Escalades, have enough money to get pins delivered !

#13809 7 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I think the challenge is when the game is in the box ? I know my LandCruiser can easily fit a game without the box, but if its NIB it won't fit

#13810 7 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Cactus Canyon SE+ 2494 with a build date of 6/26/23 delivered today! Finally!! Since October of 2021. What a long wait. Unboxing now.[quoted image]

Congrats! Your room is giving me cab fade anxiety, though!

#13811 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Picking up my first CGC tomorrow and there's a chance of rain in the forecast so I have to take my wives vehicle. Believe it or not, I can't fit a pinball machine in the back of an escalade with the head down. Absolutely absurd but I only have 29 ½ of clearance.
Questions:
1) How hard is it to remove the head of a CGC?
2) What's the easiest way? Lift playfield, remove screws from cabinet, or remove screws from head. (it's an LE with side art decals)
3) Obviously removing the balls, do you foresee any issues with laying the pin on it's side?
Thanks in advanced, looking forward to joining the club tomorrow.

Not sure if this would help, but I had someone recently pick up a Stern Godzilla and it wouldn’t fit in the tailgate opening of his VW SUV. We were able to get it to fit without disconnecting any cables. We just disconnected the hinges from the head and moved the head forward on the cabinet as far as it could go without unhooking any cables. With the head down and moved forward a bit on the cabinet it reduced the height by a couple inches.

#13812 7 months ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Not sure if this would help, but I had someone recently pick up a Stern Godzilla and it wouldn’t fit in the tailgate opening of his VW SUV. We were able to get it to fit without disconnecting any cables. We just disconnected the hinges from the head and moved the head forward on the cabinet as far as it could go without unhooking any cables. With the head down and moved forward a bit on the cabinet it reduced the height by a couple inches.

Certainly couldn't have been a VW Atlas, I have yet to find a pin that doesn't fit in an Atlas (not cross sport), boxed or otherwise.

#13813 7 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They are work vehicles for me. Plus you get em faster if you pick them up.

#13814 7 months ago
08E5CBF0-4059-49CA-8572-BB6842FE719A (resized).jpeg08E5CBF0-4059-49CA-8572-BB6842FE719A (resized).jpeg
#13815 7 months ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Damn…. That a brilliant idea. Next time for sure.

#13816 7 months ago

They switched the line and starting building PF's....they'll finish up CCRLE's sometime next year

#13817 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They switched the line and starting building PF's....they'll finish up CCRLE's sometime next year

I thought that CGC had two lines going now...one for CC and one for PF. Is that not true?

#13818 7 months ago

The rest of the world outside US and Canada are still waiting for their first official deliveries

Damn, CGC are slowwwwwwww.

It's especially unfunny seeing people already getting tired after months of playing and starting to sell them off lol.

#13819 7 months ago

Hello all,

I would like to add some colors under my apron

Do you know how can I pick up the RGB signal from the GI ?

Do you know the connector model ?

Thanks in advance

David

#13820 7 months ago

CGC, Lyman code please!

#13821 7 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

CGC, Lyman code please!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13822 7 months ago

nail polish on the train

011 (resized).jpg011 (resized).jpg
#13823 7 months ago

Many people don't know that the "TOP MEN" guy was also the Rebel Pilot "Porkins" in Star Wars:A New Hope, and was also Lt. Eckhardt in Batman (1989).

#13824 7 months ago

Love to hear it.

#13825 7 months ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

nail polish on the train
[quoted image]

Next:

Light up the headlight with an LED !

#13826 7 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I thought that CGC had two lines going now...one for CC and one for PF. Is that not true?

100% true according to the insiders, but that doesn't mean they are going to finish the CCr LEs or actually deliver any PFs this year. For all we know, they have a total of two people working on the two lines. I will wait regardless because the games they do produce are high quality at a reasonable price compared to the competition. It would be a lot less frustrating waiting 2 years to get a game from CGC if customers were told at the beginning that is how long it will take. As others have said, better communication from CGC would make a world of difference.

#13827 7 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

100% true according to the insiders, but that doesn't mean they are going to finish the CCr LEs or actually deliver any PFs this year. For all we know, they have a total of two people working on the two lines. I will wait regardless because the games they do produce are high quality at a reasonable price compared to the competition. It would be a lot less frustrating waiting 2 years to get a game from CGC if customers were told at the beginning that is how long it will take. As others have said, better communication from CGC would make a world of difference.

Yes, the lack of communication is by far CGC's biggest problem. They make a very high-quality product at a more-than-reasonable price. The slow delivery would be much less of an issue if they just provided a two-sentence status report every 3 months.

I'd love to know if they still plan to do another run of MMr (I've been on a wait list for almost 2 years now), and if so, when. Last I heard about it was at TPF, and that's only because I cornered a guy and asked.

#13828 7 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, certainly not early Williams. My MBr-SE sits next to my WH20 and the lockdown bars are clearly different.
I believe there was a change made "somewhere" from part# D-12615 to part# A-18240.
Marco refers to them as the same part (and I do believe that they are interchangeable), but they definitely have a different look and feel.
What I don't know is when this part number changed and if it was changed only for the remakes or if Williams made the change before that.
The part listed for the original Monster Bash (and originals AFM, CC, and MM) shows D-12615 as its part#, so I don't know where the "new" A-18240 was first used.

Original and remake.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGIMG_4720 (resized).JPGIMG_4720 (resized).JPG
#13829 7 months ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

Original and remake. [quoted image][quoted image]

Pictures don't tell the story. The texture (graininess of the stainless on the top plane) does.

#13830 7 months ago

Woo hoo! I've had my LE a little over three weeks. If done right, I think the priced upgrade could turn a great game to a "masterpiece".

#13831 7 months ago

Long time lurker here and finally a member. First CGC I have owned. JJP and Stern only in the past. This pin is solid. And the topper… it’s unreal. So heavy, so detailed, so interactive. May have a CGC addiction brewing.

Crossed the boarder and picked up #37 of 1250. I was way too excited to start playing so I didn’t get a chance to put the mirrored back glass on. What a fun game!

IMG_9840 (resized).jpegIMG_9840 (resized).jpeg
#13832 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Long time lurker here and finally a member. First CGC I have owned. JJP and Stern only in the past. This pin is solid. And the topper… it’s unreal. So heavy, so detailed, so interactive. May have a CGC addiction brewing.
Crossed the boarder and picked up #37 of 1250. I was way too excited to start playing so I didn’t get a chance to put the mirrored back glass on. What a fun game![quoted image]

Welcome to the club, nice lineup. That rug is killer!

#13833 7 months ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Welcome to the club, nice lineup. That rug is killer!

Thank you x 3!

#13834 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Crossed the boarder and picked up #37 of 1250. I was way too excited to start playing so I didn’t get a chance to put the mirrored back glass on. What a fun game![quoted image]

Awesome looking space!!!!

#13835 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Awesome looking space!!!!

The rug ties it together

#13836 7 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Yep. Removed the diode and good to roll. Just tested and fired for the first time on Extra ball. The Spooky knocker kit over at pinballlife is complete then for those looking. Just have to remove that diode or it'll blow F103. https://www.pinballlife.com/knocker-kit-for-spooky-pinball.html

I just installed the spooky knocker and snipped off the diode, I can't get it to fire at all.

#13837 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I just installed the spooky knocker and snipped off the diode, I can't get it to fire at all.

Did you enable it in the menu?

Its impossible to wire it wrong as its bi-directional now that the diode is off.

I posted pics of my install for reference.

It should have gone in quick and easy.

#13838 7 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Pictures don't tell the story. The texture (graininess of the stainless on the top plane) does.

Well, my original had nearly as much rough grain as my new one does. My original was never played, so that's as close to out of the box I can show. But compared to the sys 11, these lock down bars are not as tall either, and don't have the crease on the front.

#13839 7 months ago

Hi all,
Just got my SE last week. This is my first NIB machine. Although it arrived with a few small dings in the side rails and a chip in the playfield glass (hidden when installed in machine), I'm pretty happy with it overall. Between the family,
we've probably already logged 60-70 games on it. All I've done so far is install the Brian Allen art blades and the alternate translite and reduce the flipper power to -1 (was having some fly balls on the center ramp). It looks and plays awesome!

However, I do have a question for you guys and hoping for some advice. After installing the translite, I now have bubbles (there weren't any bubbles previously with the factory translite). You can only see the bubbles when the machine is powered off and I'm not sure whether I should just live with it or tinker around. I've included a pic for reference. Any thoughts?

20230829_164829 (resized).jpg20230829_164829 (resized).jpg20230829_164838 (resized).jpg20230829_164838 (resized).jpg20230909_173656 (resized).jpg20230909_173656 (resized).jpg
#13840 7 months ago

Easy fix. Remove backglass. Remove translite. Microfiber cloth wipe off translite to be sure it's dry. Clean glass. Then sprinkle some talcum powder or baby powder on the glass. Blow it all off. Reassemble.

Moisture or static problem is gone.

You can thank me in the morning.

#13841 7 months ago

I have never tried the talc. Sounds like a great fix.

#13842 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the challenge is when the game is in the box ? I know my LandCruiser can easily fit a game without the box, but if its NIB it won't fit

Yeah, my '02 Sequoia (probably similar dimensions?) easily fit my CCrSE still in the box when I picked up from the FedEx location.

#13843 7 months ago

Weird question, any of you guys Pre-emptively replace coil stops and sleeves on your games before a party or knowing you're going to have a long day and lots of people at the house? Just as a precaution? I've never done it just wondering if its a " thing". I'm stuck at work on a Sunday having scenarios go through my head of " what could happen"

#13844 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Weird question, any of you guys Pre-emptively replace coil stops and sleeves on your games before a party or knowing you're going to have a long day and lots of people at the house? Just as a precaution? I've never done it just wondering if its a " thing". I'm stuck at work on a Sunday having scenarios go through my head of " what could happen"

Definitely not if there are no current signs of any issues. Unless you also change your car’s breaks before a weekend trip just in case.

#13845 7 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Definitely not if there are no current signs of any issues. Unless you also change your car’s breaks before a weekend trip just in case.

haha nah, I was just curious.

#13846 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you enable it in the menu?
Its impossible to wire it wrong as its bi-directional now that the diode is off.
I posted pics of my install for reference.
It should have gone in quick and easy.

Install was no problem, especially with the pre-drilled holes from CGC. Don't see a setting in menu to enable/disable knocker, but under solenoid test #7, it shows knocker not used.

#13847 7 months ago

Install was no problem, especially with the pre-drilled holes from CGC. Don't see a setting in menu to enable/disable knocker, but under solenoid test #7, it shows knocker not used.

Search the thread. I seem to remember people saying that you have to change the award for an extra ball or replay credit or something to “enable” the knocker.

#13848 7 months ago

See post here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/231#post-7521724

#13849 7 months ago

Hey everyone is this normal? Or are there suppose to be two screws there?

IMG_4794 (resized).jpegIMG_4794 (resized).jpeg
#13850 7 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Hey everyone is this normal?

Normal. No screws.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/277 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.