(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#496 2 years ago

In a thread eight years ago, Pinsiders were speculating what CGC game #2 might be and PPS posted this…

Quoted from PPS:

do I hear a poll coming ???

…and my response was this…

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

The new and improved Cactus Canyon. No brainer. No poll needed

Heh heh. That was eight years ago. I’m delighted to be in the queue for an LE!!!

#528 2 years ago

I've been in the hobby for about 20 years, fixed and restored dozens of games, and never knew until now that you can simply pull out the knob on the high power interlock switch to enable high power!

1 week later
#826 2 years ago

Until I watched Butch's presentation, I didn't realize how amazing the topper is. I knew about the mechanical action Bart, but I didn't realize there are 8 circuit boards behind the building windows, with illuminated characters that are part of the shootout. Looks pretty great! Two questions: Will we need to purchase the "enhanced" code to get full interactivity with the topper? Has anyone seen the topper in action yet, during the Wild West Shootout mini-game?

3 weeks later
#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I am now wondering if maybe it was a vertical impact and maybe the bottom plate of the head unit separating from the sides and rear. You can seen in this photo that the armatures are dropped too far. I don't think the bottom plate was affixed as well as it should have been.[quoted image]

The vertical drop theory makes sense. Anyone know why pinball companies don't affix a shock indicator on the shipping box (so the recipient can instantly see if the shipment was mishandled)?

5 months later
#5580 1 year ago

Sound quality is pretty important to me too. Rich bass and clean highs. When I think about what we pay for new pins, I think a good, powerful amplifier (similar to a Pinsound board) and efficient, balanced speakers should be built-in.

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from phs4real:

Thanks for posting this notice. I also didn't received an email from Sara , so I will wait.

Check your Spam folder just in case.

1 week later
#5739 1 year ago

Without the hat it looks like Bart is related to Walter…

A20D9C3D-64BD-44AD-9C02-B52209F693E6.pngA20D9C3D-64BD-44AD-9C02-B52209F693E6.png
3 weeks later
#6340 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

On the topic of the mirrored backglass, mine arrived on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what the rather large circular mirrored area to the left of the Youssi signature is supposed to represent? My initial reaction when I opened it was that I got a defective one but it seems all of the pics posted have it too. I’m having trouble figuring out why it’s there - it looks really out of place to me.

Reflective part of a muddy puddle. I wonder what it would look like without any mirroring in the puddles. I love the reflection off of Bart's tooth, reflection off the girl's locket, reflection off the shiny gun barrel, etc... stuff like that looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what my mirrored backglass looks like all lit-up!

#6604 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Josh compared the software project as putting together a puzzle to complete the game and comparing it to a tree where the Williams code is the tree trunk, the CGC enhanced code added branches with Lyman’s package adding every leaf possible.

Let's hope it doesn't mean that future code updates are fertilizer

1 week later
#7042 1 year ago

If you get a physical knocker, how well integrated into the game is it? I love the way API implemented the physical knocker in Oktoberfest. In that game, the knocker (a priced add-on) mounts in the bottom of the cabinet. Instead of the typical THWACK, it's more of a POP, used in target shooting and duck hunt modes. Addams Family did an excellent job with the knocker as well (mounted in the bottom of the cabinet, on the side, where at times it sounds like somebody pounding on a door).

3 weeks later
#7971 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

...We are working with another half dozen companies now to make machines...

I hope one of those machines is Kingpin

2 weeks later
#8508 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

[quoted image]
Looked in FAQ and did not see if anyone has something for this area a sticker or magnet. Wizard mods does not.

No shooter decal in the original Bally game either. I wonder if that was an artistic decision.

4 weeks later
#9634 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Well here's #34 It lives on location at my local watering hole. Sorry if this is not the news you wanted to hear.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ruh roh.

1 month later
#10400 1 year ago

Is the knocker integrated with gameplay or does it only fire for extra ball, match, and high score award credits as indicated in the FAQ?

3 weeks later
#11101 1 year ago
Quoted from Teknotoyz:

Picked up a CCr LE # 397 last week.
One thing that irritates me on the shaker is that I like it to just move the pin, not be some jackhammer trapped in a pinball.
Factory settings don't slow it enough for me, if the glass rattles, it's too much.
I have these in both my MMr and CCr now.
CCr multiball still gets the glass rattling, so a very cheap and fast fix was to install a DC motor control (make a simple harness and no cut wires!).
This gives you a dial for the shaker to dial in whatever speed you like!
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I don't have my LE yet, but I'm with you, not a fan of jackhammer shaking in a pin, especially if the pin is inside the house on the second floor. I'm wondering though if I'm really going to need the motor control box. Isn't there a strength setting in the service menu that will change the frequency of the shaking as well as a physical weight on the shaker that can be shifted to change the violence of the shaking?

5 months later
#13830 7 months ago

Woo hoo! I've had my LE a little over three weeks. If done right, I think the priced upgrade could turn a great game to a "masterpiece".

1 month later
#14297 5 months ago

Regarding Shootout mode with the interactive topper, is this line in the FAQ accurate? “Use the flippers to move the shot indicated by lights along the bottom of the topper left or right; hit both flippers to fire at the moving illuminated characters in the building windows.” In my game I’m seeing that you simply move your aim left and right and it auto-fires at illuminated characters (you don’t have to press both flipper buttons simultaneously to fire).

1 week later
#14375 5 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Hey folks - I just encountered my first issue on my CCR. I'm getting a loud whirring noise during gun fights. It doesn't happen every time, but most times. It stops once the gun fight is over. I've tried to lift the playfield to see if I can reproduce while looking underneath to find the culprit, but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to light the gun fight. I also tried all of the tests and wasn't able to reproduce. anyone else experience this?

Yes, quite noticeable. I’m not positive, but I think it’s coming from the energized Gunfight post coil(s). Possibly a side-effect of the pulse width modulation used to drive the coils. Is it fixable? In Gunfight mode the loud hum kinda spoils the moment.

3 weeks later
#14544 4 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Hey guys, just checking in:
I was originally in for a pre-order direct with PPS but backed out after playing it at a local show (nothing wrong with it, just didn't have that "one more game" feel for me).
For those of you in the club, how's it holding up? how is CGC support with this title?
Based on the last few comments I think that answered my final question (did they ever come out with the updated code)
I still think its a gorgeous game and possibly considering a used one at some point.

It's a great game. For me it feels like the kind of game I would keep in my home collection around three years, then sell it and get another great game. However, if the priced upgrade comes along, and converts this machine from a great game into what I would consider a masterpiece, all bets are off

4 months later
#15387 13 days ago

This has been discussed before, but my experience was a little different so... I was getting a fairly loud hum when the right gunfight post was "up". It had been like that since unboxing. I finally decided to fix it. It turns out the fix was simple: I loosened the coil stop bracket and re-tightened it... and now it's totally silent! When re-tightening, I held the bracket snug and square against the coil. What's odd is that the coil was snug before (I couldn't jiggle the coil)... and now I can jiggle the coil. Maybe the coil stop was installed a bit cockeyed originally. Anyway, no more annoying hum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=paul_from_gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.