(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,434 posts - Hot topic!
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 seconds ago by jesperpark
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8863 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Does anyone here feel their older CGC games are just too damn loud at volume 1?
And even if it was on purpose then it is a poorly designed solution. I would almost rather it be the former than this.

Yes, I have my MBr set at a volume of 1 because 2 is too loud. Wish I could set it to like 1.5, because 1 is a little too low.

As a comparison, my Whitewater sits next to it at a volume of 7 (and is a bit louder than the MBr at 1, but not as loud as the MBr at 2).

#8864 1 year ago

Supposedly on the 1.0.1 software of MBr, the sound levels were too low, so they increased them on version 1.0.2, but then people claimed they were too loud, so they reduced them again on 1.0.3.

However on my MBr-SE (using version 1.0.3), it is loud at level 2, and by the time you get to level 4 or 5, it's just blasting!

And no, I have not changed the speakers or anything...

#8962 1 year ago
Quoted from tbonedrums:

I am considering buying my first NIB machine and I am down to either a Rush premium or CCr SE+.
I have been reading about the node 10 issues on Rush and that has me leaning more favorably toward the CCr.
Tough decision though. I really like both titles.

Just my opinion, so take that for what it's worth.

I have not been very impressed with Rush. I know that some people like it a lot, but as far as recent Sterns go, I would put it well below GZ, JP, AIQ or Bond (though not below LZ).

Though I like the other 3 CGC remakes better than CCr, CCr is still a great game and I would take CGC's build quality and customer support over Stern's.

Again, just someone's opinion who has played a lot of the new Sterns and a lot of the CGC remakes.

1 month later
#10452 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

does not matter

You do want to make sure there is no diode on the coil.
If there is, you should cut it.

So when can I come over and play...?

#10468 1 year ago

I don't know about CCr, but I added a knocker to my MBr. On it, the knocker DOES activate for replays, and matches, but DOES NOT activate for Extra Balls.

The one exception to this though, is that it DOES trigger for a Special, even though the Special is set to award an Extra Ball.

So, for a "regular" extra ball, it doesn't trigger, but for a "special" extra ball, it does.

Again, this is on MBr, which may or may not be similar to CCr.

#10492 1 year ago

I think it will knock on extra balls (both rules-based and points-based) IF you have the point thresholds set to award extra balls.

If you have the point thresholds set to award a replay, then it will not knock on a rules-based extra ball.

It also seems to knock on a Special, even if it is set to award an extra ball, instead of a replay.

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Well I just tested, to prove I'm not going crazy. Glass off, lit the extra ball. shot the gold mine and the knocker knocks and the extra ball animation shows. Not a replay extra ball but a rules based extra ball. I've always thought it knocked on rule extra balls. Why does it mine, I don't know. But it does

Do you have it set to award extra balls when a point threshold is reached? If so, that's probably why.

See my post #10492 in this thread.

At least this has been my experience on MBr, and I suspect that CCr is the same...

#10521 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Wow ! They are really cranking these out !

It may be that they've finally gotten the parts they needed in quantity, and can ship out a bunch of machines that were already partially built.

1 month later
#11485 1 year ago

So now that CGC is usng their "new" OS system for CCr, has the boot-up time been shortened?

Something that I dislike about my MBr is how long it takes to boot, as it has to load the CGC OS and then boot the B/W OS.

I find that I leave my MBr on all day just because I don't want to wait for it to boot, while my WH20 gets turned on/off since it boots so much faster.

2 weeks later
#11946 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m a realist, what are you?
[quoted image]

I'm an engineer, so I say the glass is too big.

1 month later
#12906 10 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Our time was spent on things like trying to come up with a story for the guy on this plastic (picture attached), and a rule that could support the existence of this person in this Cactus Canyon world that lies underneath the playfield glass.

He's obviously on his way to establish Wet Willie's...
WetWiley (resized).pngWetWiley (resized).png

3 weeks later
#13191 9 months ago

Well, I doubt the problem is an electronic part, since the electronic parts in the LE and SE+ are the same. They wouldn't be able to build SE+ machines either, if that was the issue.

Most likely the problem is with the fancy wood aprons, the extra sculpted items, (or less likely) the powder coating - since these are the main differences between SE+ and LE machines.

If whoever is making the "laser branded wooden top and cast metal LE Medallion" for the LE is behind schedule, it would make sense to put the LE's on hold and try to get ahead on the SE and SE+.

#13193 9 months ago

I understood that they were delivering SE+ machines while waiting on parts for the rest of the LE models. At least in the US, I believe this is true.

As for Canada, I know that there was an issue with getting Canadian UL electrical approvals. I don't know if that has been resolved or not.

4 weeks later
#13523 8 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well it looks like us Aussies are next in line. Just got the call from our distributor and he says the Australian games are on the line now and it’s time to pay up! I paid deposit 28 November 2021…….longest I’ve ever waited but from the sounds of it I will not be disappointed. Now the wait is going to seem longer knowing it’s coming. Hmmm 1 week to run the Aussie contingent 2-4 weeks to find and load container. 30 days on the water, 2 weeks disembarking and customs…….I can see a road trip to Melbourne rather than wait for local transport to Sydney. So yep I should have it by Christmas.

Just noticed you are located in Nowra!
I spent several weeks there a few years ago (I was doing contract work at HMS Albatross).
I enjoyed my time there, and may have a chance to go back at some point...though I don't think that I'll ever get used to beetroot on a hamburger!

#13591 8 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I don’t like beetroot on a burger either. I was just in Texas for TPF this year, we may have bumped into each other without knowing!

Well, if you come back here again, let me know and we can get together...

1 week later
#13738 7 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I've decided I am done with the transluscent orange flipper bands I have had in my machine. Look great on the playfield, but way too many bad bounces imo. A catch is nigh impossible with them. I switched back to black rubber today and immediately punched out and bested my high score to 94M. If not for a BS 3rd Ball "Tilt" that unfairly drained a ball, I was on my way to GC 100M and was approaching High Noon. Only had Mother Lode which I was working on in that ball...Really upsetting.
However, those rubbers gone makes a huge difference in "easing" up my game after just a couple games to readjust my shots courtesy of difference in power/bounce off the flipper. Probably going to put back black rubber slingshots, too. The clear transluscents bounce to the outlane like none other when hit and cause a lot of drains. With the Tilt sensitivity at ridiculous levels, I can't even save it with a light nudge. You just watch that ball bounce back and forth between the posts and the upper band of the slingshot and you know it's over...
Great game. Should've been a complete domination today. Life isn't fair sometimes even in pinball.

So why do you have the tilt set so tight? You do know that you can adjust that, right?

What brand bands did you have on the flippers / slingshots? Not all are the same. Personally, I prefer Titans over everything else.

#13740 7 months ago

Yeah, I am not a fan of SuperBands, just way too bouncy for me. I've never tried Perfectplay.

#13772 7 months ago

Planetary stocks parts for the other remakes, so I would assume that they will for CC.

#13778 7 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I want to plan ahead and get an extra set of the plastic ramps before they become unobtainable. Its the only down side on the game really as far as parts go and maybe and extra Bart head. Case in point is Sparky on Metallica, almost impossible to find now unless you want to pay a ridiculous price....

That's probably a good idea. Unfortunately, Planetary is not currently listing CC specific parts on their website. You may need to contact them directly - maybe they just haven't updated the website yet.

#13783 7 months ago

Speaking of lockdown bars...has anyone else noticed that the lockdown bars on the remakes (and apparently the lockdown bars being sold by various vendors) don't have the same "feel" as older B/W ones?

The bar on my WH20 (which is right next to my MBr) has a much "smoother" and "rounder" feel to it. The MBr has sort of a "brushed" feel, while the WH20 has more of a "polished" feel.

It's hard to describe, but it's very noticeable. I wish that I could find a source for the smoother lockdown bar.

#13792 7 months ago

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I wasn't talking about any of the powder-coat finishes.

I mean just the standard SE steel lockdown bar. Original B/W machines have a bar that is more polished and smooth (and is also more rounded). The remakes have one that has sort of a brushed feel to it (and is also more angular).

Unfortunately, it appears that various places that have lockdown bars in stock (Marco, Planetary, PinballLife) seem to only have the "new" style.

#13804 7 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You are thinking of the early Williams style lockdown bars. These were slightly more rounded. This tool was replaced in the 90s for the one that is in use today. The lockdown bar that is on my CE is period correct.
--Scott

No, certainly not early Williams. My MBr-SE sits next to my WH20 and the lockdown bars are clearly different.
I believe there was a change made "somewhere" from part# D-12615 to part# A-18240.
Marco refers to them as the same part (and I do believe that they are interchangeable), but they definitely have a different look and feel.

What I don't know is when this part number changed and if it was changed only for the remakes or if Williams made the change before that.
The part listed for the original Monster Bash (and originals AFM, CC, and MM) shows D-12615 as its part#, so I don't know where the "new" A-18240 was first used.

#13817 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They switched the line and starting building PF's....they'll finish up CCRLE's sometime next year

I thought that CGC had two lines going now...one for CC and one for PF. Is that not true?

#13823 7 months ago

Many people don't know that the "TOP MEN" guy was also the Rebel Pilot "Porkins" in Star Wars:A New Hope, and was also Lt. Eckhardt in Batman (1989).

#13827 7 months ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

100% true according to the insiders, but that doesn't mean they are going to finish the CCr LEs or actually deliver any PFs this year. For all we know, they have a total of two people working on the two lines. I will wait regardless because the games they do produce are high quality at a reasonable price compared to the competition. It would be a lot less frustrating waiting 2 years to get a game from CGC if customers were told at the beginning that is how long it will take. As others have said, better communication from CGC would make a world of difference.

Yes, the lack of communication is by far CGC's biggest problem. They make a very high-quality product at a more-than-reasonable price. The slow delivery would be much less of an issue if they just provided a two-sentence status report every 3 months.

I'd love to know if they still plan to do another run of MMr (I've been on a wait list for almost 2 years now), and if so, when. Last I heard about it was at TPF, and that's only because I cornered a guy and asked.

#13867 7 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just purchased an LE. Super excited but worried to see so many for sale (was original MSRP $10,000 or higher?) and to hear some comments that it is way too easy and code still super shallow and could get boring. I have not played Cactus Canton much at all but I am a good player ranking around 700th IFPA. Any real good players that can still enjoy this game here? Ideas on how I should set it up to make sure it is not too easy? I love my CGC AFM and certainly don’t find it shallow or boring ever.

I'm ranked in the 900s and have played CC a fair amount (though I don't own one). It is a little more shallow than AFM, but not by much. I own a MBr which people also say is shallow, but I still enjoy it greatly. I doubt that you'll have much to complain about, and if you grow tired of it (I suspect you really won't), you shouldn't have much trouble selling or trading it.

#13909 7 months ago

I doubt that they are sitting around saying "I'm sick of building these old-boring CCr-LE machines. Let's just screw over those customers and build the new-hotness Pulp Fiction instead."

Since it seems that it's the LE machines that are being delayed, most likely it has to do with a delay on parts unique to the LE - probably the carved wood apron. I imagine that they are building whatever they have the parts for, whether that's CCr-SE or Pulp Fiction.

Of course, some information describing the situation would go a long way to reducing people's frustration. I understand that they don't want to post here and get into a back-and-forth flame war. But they could have easily told their distributors WHY the machines are delayed.

While I don't have any "skin in the game" related to CCr, I have been on the waiting list for 2 years for the supposed next run of MMr, but I still don't know when (or if) this is really going to happen.

#13915 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hard to plan when suppliers quit, don't deliver as promised, or all of a sudden making inferior parts.
Finding suppliers for small run parts is a nightmare.
LTG : )

Exactly. If the makers of the wooden apron said "we can deliver 100 of these a week", but then when delivery was expected to start, they only deliver 15 per week instead...

3 weeks later
#14149 6 months ago

Does the "new" OS system that CGC uses for CCr make it boot faster than their other remakes?

It's a bit annoying how long it takes my MBr to boot, as it first has to boot the CGC system, and then boot the emulation of the B/W system.
Supposedly, this was going to be improved for CCr, but I never heard if it actually was.

2 weeks later
#14244 6 months ago

I was hoping that they would have some news about their supposed new run of MMr. I've been on a wait list now for 2 years.

#14250 6 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Latest update was Spring of 23'

Well, at TPF they told me "near the end of the year" (I assumed they meant THIS year, but you never know!). I was hoping there would be an update, as the end of the year is approaching...

Quoted from big-c66:

That’s what I’m waiting on to really see it happen before I buy.

Well, if you wait until they say "It's here!", you will be too late. All the units will have been spoken for already. That's what happened to me on the last run.

3 weeks later
#14399 5 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Supposedly this one...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/167688
Edit: Serial # ends in 889, not sure if that is the game number. IPDB and Pinside say there were 903 produced

Yeah, he claims it's NIB, but somehow it has a lockdown bar on it.
I thought lockdown bars were put on by the distributor/operator.
Was there ever such a thing as a "factory" lockdown bar?

#14404 5 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Need some help. I can't find where to change/add custom message? I see A.1 20 to turn it on or off. I just can't find the change/add adj. Funny thing is that I've done it before on the other remakes. I know I must be just missing it. Thanks for help in advance.

I think it is under the utilities menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,800 (Firm)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.